• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether - Official Thread

jhunter_d

Smash Apprentice
I have never even played the game and I already see issue with that. If an Orcane can use an an opponents puddle then they are eliminating the opponents recovery option, if you cant jump back to the stage its death. Even if you didnt consume the opponents puddle when doing so, it would still provide incentive not to puddle, as it creates an unconsumable zone of enhanced range strongs.
Damn, I didn't think of that. That seemed so obvious. Sorry. :(

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Upb angled down spike ->walljump decimate them is way hotter, bro. And Nair dair never works in my experience but I play against people who know how to DI ;)

jk tho spike to spike is cool regardless of guaranteed or no. This game is ****ing amazing
I was counting percents in my head for it to be guaranteed to work. Trust me I call myself Zetterburn on social media and twitch for a reason.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Ah alright. Thanks for the clarification guys

also, we need to resend an application for the new build right?
No. Dan just checks your activity. If you get left out then mention him on Twitter or skype or something and see if he made a mistake.

jhunter_d

Smash Apprentice
If we're sharing combos, something that I love doing is techchasing with Orcane's dair. The best dair combos that I get are when the opponent misses their tech; in that case, it's just a matter of reading DI.

Also, dash attack into dtilt is great as Orcane. Covers a lot of space.

And every now and then, I do fair -> fair -> nair -> fair -> dair spike for kill as Forsburn.

I agree 100% with AbsoluteBlack: this game is a freaking masterpiece.

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
I haven't played in a while due to not being able to run the March build, but I remember with Orcane I was all about bubbles. Nothing but bubbles. FairFairFairx100000, Down B, Uair.

jhunter_d

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played in a while due to not being able to run the March build, but I remember with Orcane I was all about bubbles. Nothing but bubbles. FairFairFairx100000, Down B, Uair.
Dan's actually nerfing that in the new June build. Now, players will be able to parry bubbles. A really necessary nerf, IMO. My playstyle doesn't really rely on bubbles at all, but I dunno if that's just me.

Chuck Tatum

Smash Apprentice
Alright so to those who say Kragg is worst after playing a LOT over the last few days I still don't see it. There are a few very good Kragg players in my group and I feel that he has plenty of strengths...

Disclaimer: Maybe I am just missing something here...

However, after playing a LOT of Forsburn I have found him to be extremely weak in the current build. I feel that his kill moves just aren't there. His b explosion is pretty weak and often fails to kill at disappointingly high percentages... his back air also 'feels' like it's supposed to be a kill move but with good DI it rarely delivers... despite a good amount of effort his smash attacks feel totally inconsistent to me, with players often air dodging between the two hits even when I feel my spacing was close to perfect.

A lot of people in my group lean on Forsburn's downsmash for kills which is a pretty bad sign as the Dsmash doesn't kill until 130% or more in many situations and his Dsmash doesn't really set up for any punishes reliably.

His down Air is REALLY good... but every one knows it and plays around it.

Overall, I feel the amount of setup necessary to get kills with Forsburn is just extreme compared with the rest of the cast. When I switch to Wrastor I feel that my lethality/power doubles or more. It could just be that I am better with Wrastor (and I am) but you think of like 'moves to watch for'... scary **** like zetters up air, or his charge B, downsmash... or Kraggs people's elbow, ground game, pillars... Wrastor's combo in to up-B, long ass combos, kills off the top... charge B kills etc...

I just feel that with Forsburn there is nothing REALLY scary or intimidating about him. Rather, he needs to play extremely well to create good mixups and kill opportunities at all.

Last edited:

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Alright so to those who say Kragg is worst after playing a LOT over the last few days I still don't see it. There are a few very good Kragg players in my group and I feel that he has plenty of strengths...

However, after playing a LOT of Forsburn I have found him to be extremely weak in the current build. I feel that his kill moves just aren't there. His b explosion is pretty weak and often fails to kill at disappointingly high percentages... his back air also 'feels' like it's supposed to be a kill move but with good DI it rarely delivers... despite a good amount of effort his smash attacks feel totally inconsistent to me, with players often air dodging between the two hits even when I feel my spacing was close to perfect.

A lot of people in my group lean on Forsburn's downsmash for kills which is a pretty bad sign as the Dsmash doesn't kill until 130% or more in many situations and his Dsmash doesn't really set up for any punishes reliably.

Overall, I feel the amount of setup necessary to get kills with Forsburn is just extreme compared with the rest of the cast. When I switch to Wrastor I feel that my lethality/power doubles or more. It could just be that I am better with Wrastor (and I am) but you think of like 'moves to watch for'... scary **** like zetters up air, or his charge B, or Kraggs people's elbow, ground, game, pillars... Wrastor's combo in to up-B, long *** combos, kills off the top... charge B kills etc...

I just feel that with Forsburn there is nothing REALLY scary or intimidating about him. Rather, he needs to play extremely well to create good mixups and kill opportunities at all.
After some streaming yesterday it's hard to tell in my current private may build which between forsburn or Kragg is the worst. Keep in mind that his neutralB and other strong attacks exist which are quite easy to land. And his neutral Aerial and back Aerial can be good kill moves as well (nair having a larger hitbox, bair having larger knockback). Fair leads into nairs and dairs very often with Forsburn as well.

What I want everyone to keep in mind though is that when I said Worst, that doesn't = Bad.

Example: you have 100%, 80%, 70% Scores on exams. 70% is the worst but it's still not bad because you passed, right? Worst and Bad are different things.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice

Overall, I feel the amount of setup necessary to get kills with Forsburn is just extreme compared with the rest of the cast. When I switch to Wrastor I feel that my lethality/power doubles or more. It could just be that I am better with Wrastor (and I am) but you think of like 'moves to watch for'... scary **** like zetters up air, or his charge B, downsmash... or Kraggs people's elbow, ground game, pillars... Wrastor's combo in to up-B, long *** combos, kills off the top... charge B kills etc...

One quick thing that some people dont seem to know about FB is that the longer you charge his strongs the more hitstun they have, so with a bit of a charge people cant airdodge and tech out of them. This makes them amazing edge guarding moves or parry punishes. I find they often kill at reasonably low percents.

I also think his ground combo game is pretty strong in the march build (disclaimer, I dont 100% know how DI effects what Im about to say, just that it works on the people I usually play with) dash attack pretty reliably leads into another dash attack or a n-air, or a f-air, or a down-air. One thing I like to do is dash attack->front hit of d-air->dash attack->front hit of d-air then they are usually offstage and you can set up for an edge guard or go out for a d-air spike. you can also dashback and catch them with a dashattack or nair if they DI behind you. To me at this point his combo game seems pretty strong even without his clone, and when his clone decides to help its downright scary.

I would put him as better than kragg, but probably under everyone else. (like you said, he does have fewer killing options)

I really agree with what Bones said. Everyone is good, being the worst isn't the same as a character being bad.

N00ne

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know what the worst computer you could use for this game and still have it work is? I don't have a build of the game (but I hope I get one) and I want to see how many of my computers could be used. I'm hoping to build a smash scene in my local area, and I have a lot of computers collecting dust that could possibly be used for that. I also want to know if anyone has tried running it on Mac, as I know Super Smash Land worked.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Does anyone know what the worst computer you could use for this game and still have it work is? I don't have a build of the game (but I hope I get one) and I want to see how many of my computers could be used. I'm hoping to build a smash scene in my local area, and I have a lot of computers collecting dust that could possibly be used for that. I also want to know if anyone has tried running it on Mac, as I know Super Smash Land worked.
Made for Windows, not Mac. I think the lowest would be an i5 with a solid-to-good graphics card. I'm running it on an i7 with a pretty bad graphics card but the processor makes up for it and I run pretty laglessly.

N00ne

Smash Rookie
I've run it laglessly on an old i3 no GPU laptop.... that was preforsburn though.
Awesome, looks like I'm good to go.
Made for Windows, not Mac. I think the lowest would be an i5 with a solid-to-good graphics card. I'm running it on an i7 with a pretty bad graphics card but the processor makes up for it and I run pretty laglessly.
I know it is for Windows, but I'm wondering if anyone has tested Wine or Wineskin Wrappers for it yet. Super Smash Land was also a Windows only game (and I'm assuming on the same engine), and it worked perfect on my Mac.

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
Hey, all. I apologize for failing to post here more often. The last month was pretty hectic with me studying for my first A+ exam, so I didn't have much time to go to Smash tournaments to collect more data. That, and my computer up and ****ing died on me and is currently in the shop, so I don't have access to the build I was given. Hopefully, once all this stuff is taken care of, I can take my rig to tournaments again and try to get some more people to play this.

jhunter_d

Smash Apprentice

Overall, I feel the amount of setup necessary to get kills with Forsburn is just extreme compared with the rest of the cast. When I switch to Wrastor I feel that my lethality/power doubles or more. It could just be that I am better with Wrastor (and I am) but you think of like 'moves to watch for'... scary **** like zetters up air, or his charge B, downsmash... or Kraggs people's elbow, ground game, pillars... Wrastor's combo in to up-B, long *** combos, kills off the top... charge B kills etc...

My problem with Kragg is that he's intended to be one of the "heavy hitter" characters, similar to Melee's Ganondorf. Usually these characters are all really slow and easy to combo, but that is made up for by powerful attacks. With Kragg, most of his attacks do around the same amount of damage as characters like Zetter or Orcane, but he has lots of lag. Sometimes, he can kill early, but the amount of times that he can do so is around the same amount of times that Zetter, Orcane, and Wrastor can as well. His block has lots of potential, but it's really risky to use, as if you can't follow up and break it quickly, you might be in a situation where it's hard to regain usage of the block again for a while. The pillar is good, deadly even if you can get your opponent to land on it above the dropzone and then use up-b yourself, but other than that it's hard to find redeeming qualities in Kragg.

I agree with your Forsburn analysis though. Many times, it's so hard to land kill moves. I am aware that he has them, like d-smash as you mentioned, or jab combo, or second hit of upsmash, but once again as you said it's very hard to set up. Plus, the fact that he is heavy makes him good combo food.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Ahem. I present to you what I've gathered from about 2-3 hours worth of recording that I've been through so far, with 16+ more hours to go through. Enjoy the first of many Zetterburn Combo Videos.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Okay so here is a thing I am unsure about. It seems getting hit gives you back your wall jump. Which is not what I would have expected using my preconceived smash notions. (At first I actually though that it was a glitch or something but I suppose it must be intentional.) Do people think this is a good idea. I understand it gives the player offstage more chances to get back, but most of the time in my experience it just means you will spend 30 seconds edgeguarding or 30 seconds desperately trying to land on stage again before eventually dying. I havent actually tested that any hit will give you back your wall jump, but I assume that that is the case.

Do other people like this mechanic? I personally think it could be changed to one wall jump per airtime and it would speed up edge guarding and maybe as a consequence of that make people get those hopeless-trying-to-recover-blues less. Which in turn might cause fewer people here to think the offstage game is a problem? (I understand that its counter intuitive that a nerf to everyones recoveries would make people who think recovering is too hard happier, but I am just saying it would de-emphasize their complaints by reducing the amount of time they are spending in those situations they dont like.)

I dont know that I have a strong feeling about this, but I was wondering what other people thought?

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Okay so here is a thing I am unsure about. It seems getting hit gives you back your wall jump. Which is not what I would have expected using my preconceived smash notions. (At first I actually though that it was a glitch or something but I suppose it must be intentional.) Do people think this is a good idea. I understand it gives the player offstage more chances to get back, but most of the time in my experience it just means you will spend 30 seconds edgeguarding or 30 seconds desperately trying to land on stage again before eventually dying. I havent actually tested that any hit will give you back your wall jump, but I assume that that is the case.

Do other people like this mechanic? I personally think it could be changed to one wall jump per airtime and it would speed up edge guarding and maybe as a consequence of that make people get those hopeless-trying-to-recover-blues less. Which in turn might cause fewer people here to think the offstage game is a problem? (I understand that its counter intuitive that a nerf to everyones recoveries would make people who think recovering is too hard happier, but I am just saying it would de-emphasize their complaints by reducing the amount of time they are spending in those situations they dont like.)

I dont know that I have a strong feeling about this, but I was wondering what other people thought?
Aside from kraggs new side special mechanic that you'll learn about today, this would make Kragg literally helpless in recovering if he only had one wall jump total. And in teams matches where one teammate hits the other to help them recover, it would be harder to save them that way (thinking way ahead into the future). I actually like having more chances. Zetterburn, Kragg, and Orcane certainly need as any as they can get since their recoveries aren't as good as Wrastors or can't go through the stage like Forsburn.

Aizen

Smash Rookie
NNID
AizenCaptain5
No. Dan just checks your activity. If you get left out then mention him on Twitter or skype or something and see if he made a mistake.
Ah alright. if I get left out It probably was with reason, was fairly inactive for a while.

Mum

Smash Cadet

Bones brought up a good point, but I'd like to ask: This probably won't lead to horribly drawn out edgeguarding scenarios because the best course of action for the edgeguarder is to hit the edgeguardee as far from the stage or as downward as possible, correct? So the edgeguardee probably won't be able to utilize that refreshed walljump often (or repeatedly)?

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
Bones brought up a good point, but I'd like to ask: This probably won't lead to horribly drawn out edgeguarding scenarios because the best course of action for the edgeguarder is to hit the edgeguardee as far from the stage or as downward as possible, correct? So the edgeguardee probably won't be able to utilize that refreshed walljump often (or repeatedly)?
In the case of Kragg, Zetterburn, and Forsburn, horizontal distance from the stage is the easiest way to gimp. If they're too far away to wall jump then that's the stock. Forsburn may be able to get smoke clouds out and still survive but he's the exception. It take a lot of mental preparation for something like that and if the opponent expects forsburn to know how to use smoke properly to recover, then they can just go out and destroy the smoke clouds as they come.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Aside from kraggs new side special mechanic that you'll learn about today, this would make Kragg literally helpless in recovering if he only had one wall jump total. And in teams matches where one teammate hits the other to help them recover, it would be harder to save them that way (thinking way ahead into the future). I actually like having more chances. Zetterburn, Kragg, and Orcane certainly need as any as they can get since their recoveries aren't as good as Wrastors or can't go through the stage like Forsburn.
I mean I certainly agree that it would hurt everyones recovery, but I am not sure if I agree with your statements about kragg. I would say Kragg benefits the least from getting his wall jump back sense his up-b isnt restored in the same way other character's up-b's (or in orcane's case side b) are. Yeah he gets some height, but in order to use his extra wall jump after getting hit he would have to be pretty close to the wall. So I guess it would help him if he got spiked, but if he got spiked on his way back to the stage from his pillar then he should still have his wall jump anyway, right? I would assume though that landing on his platform would give him his wall jump back, just like it gives him his jumps back though, just to be clear on that.

To answer Mum's question I see it pretty commonly when playing as kragg. Often you can repeatedly hit someone just a bit farther away with a rock or a quick b-air and they will try to come back again, and you will repeat. Obviously if you can hit them far enough away its not an issue, but that can sometimes take a move with more wind up (or less safety) than what you want to commit.

I can respect other people preferring the cyclical edge guarding style that is currently in the game though I personally do not. I was just wondering what other peoples opinions about it were? Sounds like Bones likes it.

In the case of Kragg, Zetterburn, and Forsburn, horizontal distance from the stage is the easiest way to gimp. If they're too far away to wall jump then that's the stock. Forsburn may be able to get smoke clouds out and still survive but he's the exception. It take a lot of mental preparation for something like that and if the opponent expects forsburn to know how to use smoke properly to recover, then they can just go out and destroy the smoke clouds as they come.
In the new builds will you be able to destroy FB's smoke before it forms? Or did you mean as it solidified? If that was changed then thats quite interesting.

Last edited:

Mum

Smash Cadet
In the new builds will you be able to destroy FB's smoke before it forms? Or did you mean as it solidified? If that was changed then thats quite interesting.
In the march build can't you just throw out one or two clouds and then cancel the neutral special and have them solidify rather quickly?

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
In the march build can't you just throw out one or two clouds and then cancel the neutral special and have them solidify rather quickly?
I think the time to solidification is a set timer for each cloud, and doesnt have anything to do with whether the move is going or not. I was just asking because It sounded to me like he was saying you could destroy the clouds as soon as FB made them, which is not the case in the march build. In the march build you have to wait for them to solidify. I think theoretically the FB player could up-b and time it to appear as soon as the cloud solidifies leaving only a very tiny window to destroy it. Yeah you could go out and stop any stalling, but stopping him from getting his second jump and up b back could be hard. If you did beat him you would then maybe also get hit by his up-b (though I imagine it would probably just hit you back to stage most of the time). But yeah, you are right that the solidification time is pretty short.

Last edited:

ThatWalnutGuy

Smash Rookie
Hi, I sent an email to the RoA team a week ago to be a playtester and have heard nothing. Should I be concerned?

Mum

Smash Cadet
I think the time to solidification is a set timer for each cloud, and doesnt have anything to do with whether the move is going or not. I was just asking because It sounded to me like he was saying you could destroy the clouds as soon as FB made them, which is not the case in the march build. In the march build you have to wait for them to solidify. I think theoretically the FB player could up-b and time it to appear as soon as the cloud solidifies leaving only a very tiny window to destroy it. Yeah you could go out and stop any stalling, but stopping him from getting his second jump and up b back could be hard. If you did beat him you would then maybe also get hit by his up-b (though I imagine it would probably just hit you back to stage most of the time). But yeah, you are right that the solidification time is pretty short.
If by solidify, you mean when the clouds actually hide FB and can be destroyed, then it's not a set timer. You can cast FB's neutral-b to make clouds, but if you press neutral-b again, the clouds that have been cast will solidify automatically. Idk if it's been changed since march though.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
If by solidify, you mean when the clouds actually hide FB and can be destroyed, then it's not a set timer. You can cast FB's neutral-b to make clouds, but if you press neutral-b again, the clouds that have been cast will solidify automatically. Idk if it's been changed since march though.
That is interesting! I did not know that! If FB can have fine control over when his clouds fully form than I think it would be even harder to deny him his offstage recovery options.

4nace

Smash Ace

Next week, the June 2015 Playtester build will go out to 20 old playtesters and 20 new playtesters. We have gotten hundreds of applicants over the last couple of months so clearly not everyone will be picked just now. But don't fret, later this summer everyone will have their chance to either try a demo or Early Access on PC.

Patch Notes since March 2015:

Zetterburn:
  • Up Strong Fire:
    • Reduced from 10 base 1.2 scaling to 7 base 1.2 scaling.
  • Down Strong Fire
    • Reduced from 10 base 1.2 scaling to 8 base 1.2 scaling
  • Forward Strong Fire
    • Reduced from 9 base 1.1 scaling to 8 base 1.2 scaling.
  • Up Strong Standard
    • Reduced from 7 base .9 scaling to 6 base .8 scaling.
  • Down Strong Standard
    • Reduced from 7 base .8 scaling to 6 base .8 scaling.
  • Forward Strong Standard:
    • Remains at 8 base .6 scaling.
  • Neutral Special:
    • Charge time increased from 28 frames to 35 frames.
    • Charge released at the end of charging rather than when button is released.
  • Forward Special:
    • No longer stops Zetterburn at the edge of a platform.
  • Down Special:
    • Startup Reduced from 26 – 24 Frames.
    • Recovery Reduced from 20 – 18 Frames.
    • You can air dodge out of the downward motion after 15 frames of movement.
    • You can wall jump out of the downward motion when up against a wall.
  • Up Special:
    • Bounce Time (Hitting the ground with Up B) Reduced from 16 – 10 Frames.
    • Prat Fall Land time reduced from 7 – 3 Frames.
Kragg:
  • Down Air:
    • Hitbox size increased slightly in both X and Y direction.
  • Forward Special:
    • You can now jump out of Forward Special if you land a hit with it.
    • Startup Increased from 20 – 23 Frames.
    • Max Roll time reduced from 100 Frames to 90 Frames.
    • Recovery Increased from 24 – 32 Frames.
  • Neutral Special:
    • Kragg can pull rocks from his Pillar again.

Wrastor:
  • Down Strong:
    • Down Strong can be cancelled during startup or after traveling a set distance downward.
    • Down Strong now has a hop on hit that has reduced recovery from hitting the ground (12 frames of aerial recovery on hit vs 20 frames of grounded recovery).
    • Down Strong now sends at a 270 degree angle causing a ground bounce or a spike off stage. The spike power increases if you charge the attack.
  • Side Special:
    • All Wrastors benefit from Current speed even if it is not their current.
  • Up Special:
    • First wing hitbox scaling increased from .6 to .65.
    • Sweet Spot Hitbox scaling increased from 1.0 to 1.2.

Orcane:
  • You can now parry bubbles from both Down Special and Forward Air.
  • Forward Strong:
    • Hitbox Size reduced to match the visual.
  • Up Strong:

Forsburn:
  • Down Special (Combust)
    • Knockback Scaling increased from .6 to .75.
  • Up Special (Teleport)
    • Knockback Angle from 70 – 80.
    • Knockback Scaling inscreased from .5 to .65.
  • Neutral Special
    • Forsburn stops spewing smoke when taking a hit.

******:

******, the ****** *******, has been added to the game.

General:
  • Wave Land speeds and frictions have been adjusted across characters. Each character should have a different feel when they waveland. Air Dodges are still consistent speeds / distances across characters.
  • Hitstun scaling as knocback increases reduced from .8x knockback increase to .7x knockback increase.
  • Can act from Respawn Platform time increased from 10 Frames to 30 Frames.
  • Respawn time before platform appears increased from 30 frames to 60 frames.
  • The Treetop Lodge has been added back into the game.
  • The Sylvan Beast on the Treetop Lodge has been added to the Aether version of the stage.
  • Merchant Port now has 2 stationary platforms on the basic version of the stage rather than 4 moving platforms.

Menus and UI:
  • Gamecube Controller Support has been temporarily removed from the PC builds. Only Xinput (Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers) will work. We plan to add GC controller support back in a later update.
  • User Profiles have been added to the game.
  • Custom Controls for Xinput Controllers have been added to the game.
  • “Stick Hold” control option removed from the game.
  • Debug Custom Colors are disabled. They will no longer be loaded externally in the future but they are currently turned off.
  • Old debug options have been removed.

Bug Fixes:
  • Forsburn causing team issues fixed.
  • Double Puddle through Orcane Uspecial fixed.
  • Invincible after Pillar Break Bug Fixed
  • Parry and Respawn Invincibilities not working correctly fixed.
  • Double Current on Wrastor Fspecial fixed.
  • Floating Rock Bug Fixed.
  • Wall Jump can be performed when using Tap Jump.

There are probably a few changes over the last couple months that I missed but these are the main take-aways. Look forward to our latest trailer and seeing people check out this build next week.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:

Mum

Smash Cadet
That is interesting! I did not know that! If FB can have fine control over when his clouds fully form than I think it would be even harder to deny him his offstage recovery options.
Lol yes, I love his recovery options.

I like what Im reading in the notes, although I was expecting more buffs to FBurn. @Dan, what is your current opinion of the balance of FBurn?

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942

Next week, the June 2015 Playtester build will go out to 20 old playtesters and 20 new playtesters. We have gotten hundreds of applicants over the last couple of months so clearly not everyone will be picked just now. But don't fret, later this summer everyone will have their chance to either try a demo or Early Access on PC.

Patch Notes since March 2015:

Zetterburn:
  • Up Strong Fire:
    • Reduced from 10 base 1.2 scaling to 7 base 1.2 scaling.
  • Down Strong Fire
    • Reduced from 10 base 1.2 scaling to 8 base 1.2 scaling
  • Forward Strong Fire
    • Reduced from 9 base 1.1 scaling to 8 base 1.2 scaling.
  • Up Strong Standard
    • Reduced from 7 base .9 scaling to 6 base .8 scaling.
  • Down Strong Standard
    • Reduced from 7 base .8 scaling to 6 base .8 scaling.
  • Forward Strong Standard:
    • Remains at 8 base .6 scaling.
  • Neutral Special:
    • Charge time increased from 28 frames to 35 frames.
    • Charge released at the end of charging rather than when button is released.
  • Forward Special:
    • No longer stops Zetterburn at the edge of a platform.
  • Down Special:
    • Startup Reduced from 26 – 24 Frames.
    • Recovery Reduced from 20 – 18 Frames.
    • You can air dodge out of the downward motion after 15 frames of movement.
    • You can wall jump out of the downward motion when up against a wall.
  • Up Special:
    • Bounce Time (Hitting the ground with Up B) Reduced from 16 – 10 Frames.
    • Prat Fall Land time reduced from 7 – 3 Frames.
Kragg:
  • Down Air:
    • Hitbox size increased slightly in both X and Y direction.
  • Forward Special:
    • You can now jump out of Forward Special if you land a hit with it.
    • Startup Increased from 20 – 23 Frames.
    • Max Roll time reduced from 100 Frames to 90 Frames.
    • Recovery Increased from 24 – 32 Frames.
  • Neutral Special:
    • Kragg can pull rocks from his Pillar again.

Wrastor:
  • Down Strong:
    • Down Strong can be cancelled during startup or after traveling a set distance downward.
    • Down Strong now has a hop on hit that has reduced recovery from hitting the ground (12 frames of aerial recovery on hit vs 20 frames of grounded recovery).
    • Down Strong now sends at a 270 degree angle causing a ground bounce or a spike off stage. The spike power increases if you charge the attack.
  • Side Special:
    • All Wrastors benefit from Current speed even if it is not their current.
  • Up Special:
    • First wing hitbox scaling increased from .6 to .65.
    • Sweet Spot Hitbox scaling increased from 1.0 to 1.2.

Orcane:
  • You can now parry bubbles from both Down Special and Forward Air.
  • Forward Strong:

Forsburn:
  • Down Special (Combust)
    • Knockback Scaling increased from .6 to .75.
  • Up Special (Teleport)
    • Knockback Angle from 70 – 80.
    • Knockback Scaling inscreased from .5 to .65.
  • Neutral Special
    • Forsburn stops spewing smoke when taking a hit.

******:

******, the ****** *******, has been added to the game.

General:
  • Wave Land speeds and frictions have been adjusted across characters. Each character should have a different feel when they waveland. Air Dodges are still consistent speeds / distances across characters.
  • Hitstun scaling as knocback increases reduced from .8x knockback increase to .7x knockback increase.
  • Can act from Respawn Platform time increased from 10 Frames to 30 Frames.
  • Respawn time before platform appears increased from 30 frames to 60 frames.
  • The Treetop Lodge has been added back into the game.
  • The Sylvan Beast on the Treetop Lodge has been added to the Aether version of the stage.
  • Merchant Port now has 2 stationary platforms on the basic version of the stage rather than 4 moving platforms.

Menus and UI:
  • Gamecube Controller Support has been temporarily removed from the PC builds. Only Xinput (Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers) will work. We plan to add GC controller support back in a later update.
  • User Profiles have been added to the game.
  • Custom Controls for Xinput Controllers have been added to the game.
  • Debug Custom Colors are disabled. They will no longer be loaded externally in the future but they are currently turned off.

Bug Fixes:
  • Forsburn causing team issues fixed.
  • Double Puddle through Orcane Uspecial fixed.
  • Invincible after Pillar Break Bug Fixed
  • Parry and Respawn Invincibilities not working correctly fixed.
  • Double Current on Wrastor Fspecial fixed.
  • Floating Rock Bug Fixed.
  • Wall Jump can be performed when using Tap Jump.

There are probably a few changes over the last couple months that I missed but these are the main take-aways. Look forward to our latest trailer and seeing people check out this build next week.

Thanks,
Dan
Woooo, these patch notes are awesome, cant wait to try out ****** (maybe)

GatorFace

Smash Cadet
Don't go breakin' my heart, Dan...

Last edited:

Aizen

Smash Rookie
NNID
AizenCaptain5
I'm very excited for this build, I hope that I do make it in. I am so glad Kragg can take rocks out of his pillar again. And I like the wrastor down strong changes too.

Top Bottom