• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 4 prediction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Varist, perfect example of a typical flopmerican Mango ****rider.

The ability to perform in a international style tourney setting is obviously more valued than the ability to win friendlies, are you serious?

btw Armada has a great falco, fox, sheik, marth, young link. Mango isn't the only one to have many great characters. For tournies it seems Mango has two "tourney-mains" recently, Fox and Falco, while Armada has Peach and Young Link (which is not used to the extent of Mangos 2nd character, but still valid).

danieljosebatista

Smash Journeyman

The ability to perform in a international style tourney setting is obviously more valued than the ability to win friendlies, are you serious?

btw Armada has a great falco, fox, sheik, marth, young link. Mango isn't the only one to have many great characters. For tournies it seems Mango has two "tourney-mains" recently, Fox and Falco, while Armada has Peach and Young Link (which is not used to the extent of Mangos 2nd character, but still valid).
It would be awesome to see Armada play more characters! I guess he probably wants to stick to Peach in tournaments for the most part, but still it would be so cool if he played someone else as well. Not that his Peach and yl aren't great

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion

Blistering Speed said:
The amount of characters he plays proficiently has no bearing on who's the better player.
It works both ways.

Zoler

Smash Ace
It works both ways.
I totally agree, but some people seem to think that Mango is so special for playing a few characters and that Armada only has a good peach and nothing more. :mad:

Obviously anyone at the top level can play multiple characters really really well (except hungrybox :troll:)

Dude his DK is **** too
Most of Armadas characters are **** lol, I just listed the characters he's really really good with as in "could-get-really-high-at-a-big-tournament-and-definitely-beat-top-players-with".

Armada

Smash Lord
When I read some peoples postes I don´t know if I should cry or laugh :p

About Mangos Falco: In both tournament matches and friendlis (not cause they really matter but still) I have more winning matches overall against Mangos Falco and more losses against his Fox. Also that both me and Mango agree that fox works better against me than Falco (if he hasn´t changed opinion the last 2 months).

Crowd: Kinda funny cause crowd have never been a excuse I can use cause it´s a part of the game. Guess that only counts one way and not both (even if it is better to have homecourt advantage to be honest)

Tournaments: Kinda funny how only US tournaments somehow counts and if Im not going it´s in my disadvantage when Mango/PP exc never have been to a tournament in Europe

Sickness: Also kinda fun that it only counts when US players are sick. In fact I have been sick more then one itme when I have been to a tournament in US. I don´t know if it is cause Im a little bit better to hold my game up when Im sick or if it is my char or if people don´t know if Im sick.
Either way it looks like it only counts sometimes in this case too.

Well guess it is impossible to change some stupid peoples mind =)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I do think at some point USA Players should make the trip over(at least a few). Maybe Beast3? It would require some Good player funding for sure but it should be done. Still so far in tournaments involving Europe and USA top players USA is 5-1. Gonna be tough to bring that back but it's possible. Armada should just stop being a jerk and let the other players from Europe use his Action Replay :awesome:

I still want Mew2King to take Apex2. He did better comparatively at this event than he has in awhile. Sorry Kevin, Adam, Joseph, Juan.....I love you all in the most homo of ways but....I will be rooting against you this time around. No hard feelings???

danieljosebatista

Smash Journeyman
I still want Mew2King to take Apex2. He did better comparatively at this event than he has in awhile. Sorry Kevin, Adam, Joseph, Juan.....I love you all in the most homo of ways but....I will be rooting against you this time around. No hard feelings???
I'm a huge M2K fan as well, so I was happy to see him do better this time. It sucks to see him so frustrated though :( I feel like he needs to bring his Marth back in full force

Luma

Smash Lord

god damn i hate his falco, i have a way harder time against that stupid bird of his then when he goes peach -.-

Battlecow

Play to Win
Problem with american players going to Europe is PAL version. Right now NTSC is the more or less accepted international standard because all of the biggest tourneys use it, but if US players start losing in NTSC, there'll be a "well X is better in NTSC but Y is better in PAL" thing, whereas now everyone pretty much accepts that NTSC skill is all that matters for the "best player in the world" title.

Also, it's too early to call a best player in the world, but I'd put truly not-funny amounts of money on mango winning Apex, if only because of America bias. Personally, I think that Hbox is gonna beat Armada in losers this time and that either mango or PP can put him there.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Also, it's too early to call a best player in the world, but I'd put truly not-funny amounts of money on mango winning Apex, if only because of America bias. Personally, I think that Hbox is gonna beat Armada in losers this time and that either mango or PP can put him there.
Something I've noticed about Armada is that he never loses to the same Americans twice. He defeated Mango after his first rematch with him since the original Genesis. After losing to SS he seems to have cured his Falcon problem. After losing to Hbox he found a counter, after losing to DRPP he demolished him in their next set.

So I think he is just too adaptive to lose to Hbox next tourney. I don't think Hbox is a legitimate candidate to win Apex because he always loses to DRPP, Armada and Mango these days.

As for the best player right now I think we have a top 2. With Mango and Armada at the top. We'll have to settle it at Apex 2012.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I didn't say Hbox would win. Just that he'd beat Armada. His Ylink CP is gonna be too strong, and Armada could never take him with peach.

Also Luma how's it bull****? I'm not saying either version's better, just that we need a default/accepted version, and since America has way more players, it should be and is NTSC atm.

Zoler

Smash Ace
god damn i hate his falco, i have a way harder time against that stupid bird of his then when he goes peach -.-
Yea his falco is too ****, sheik fox and marth too. People don't know ****.

Luma

Smash Lord
if you go to a pal region, you play pal
if you go to a ntsc region, you play ntsc

and thats it, if american cant adapt to pal simply means they suck, end of story

Tekk

Smash Lord
Americans trying once again to shove their conception of something down another region's throat. :troll:

mhenlo

Smash Apprentice
on the subject of armada being able to play a ton of chars like mango did you consider that he can play a lot of the lower tier chars in tournament because of PAL and sheiks down throw doesn't beat half the characters

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
battle idk what u r talking about their is no standard excepted version of melee, u just play whatever region u r in.

Now Europe dont do another leffen thing with random America hating, b/c random hating only makes u look bad.

As ive been saying their is no evidence or proof at all that mango is better then Armada and atm Armada is the reigning champ, but that is what will makes apex so good.

Also i would really like to see top US players go and play pal, but imo the top US players might have some trouble b/c pal nerfed the space animals. but it would be interesting to see anyway.

no offense to hbox but i wont believe he can counter the ylink until he does. But who knows maybe he is doing some cp training

The Star King

Smash Hero
People fruitlessly argue about who the best player is after every large tournament and I'm tired of it.

crush

Smash Master
I did alright. Lost to hax won vs no cash and lost 1-2 in a close set with mogwai.:)

How bout you?
I got 2 stocked twice by spawn and then in losers 1 stocked twice by zoso. So in pools/bracket I played a total of 1 person I hadn't played before, and that was SOLAR LOL

:phone:

bolt.

Smash Ace
I got 2 stocked twice by spawn and then in losers 1 stocked twice by zoso. So in pools/bracket I played a total of 1 person I hadn't played before, and that was SOLAR LOL

:phone:
Wow that sucks. It sounds like you played at a mass madness/hog. Good work making it to bracket though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom