• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3 "upsetting" results!!

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Why are lower level players make it seem like pros have to 4 stock them for it not to be close? Do you know how hard it is to do that a lot? =P
I think it is because people feel that pros are so amazingly good, that the fact that a noob has NOT been four stocked means that the noob must have done pretty well. Unfortunately that's not the case. You are right, its hard for anyone to 4 stock a good player simply because the amount of mistakes one naturally makes during a match, and gets punished for it.

At this point, i'd like to say that I need better training.. I need to move to US or something to get even better training.. PP house me plz? =P I have to get owned many more times! I got this, right? =P
cali

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
At this point, i'd like to say that I need better training.. I need to move to US or something to get even better training.. PP house me plz? =P I have to get owned many more times! I got this, right? =P
If you come during winter break then I'll house you and train you, personally. =) I promise you'll see results!

And you do got this!!!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I WAS SO WRRIED ABOUT U ROCKIN!!!! I DIDNT KNOW HOW U GOT HOME! and thank you! someone noticed my hard work.

i missed u rockin!
Haha, thanks for the concern ^^

But yeah, I got home safely thanks to Vanz and another smasher (who I can't remember...DD:)

hopefully we'll see each other again at another tournament or something.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
he def sandbagged char wise, bet you weren't even there when he used his secondaries again LOL.
ally is the dude!!!! but i mango really didnt care about beatin hbox, he just wanted to please the crowd i said go fox and he was like no, i seen the matches he had with falco fox and falcon vs hbox. trust me he didnt want to win.

shout out later

tarzan

July

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Ranmaru- I'm so glad I was able to go with you and have an epic adventure through New York! It was wonderful to spend the weekend with you hun and you did great :] and happy 21st birthday :3

No Cash- Your Marth is so freaking good, and you did great in pools, next time I know you'll make it out. It was a great adventure :) (also, Chuck E. Cheese across from the venue=epic)

Vorosh- Wish you could have been there, but like Ran said you were deff there in spirit. And you were right, New York pizza is freaking amazing.

Bobby and Matt- Wish you guys could have been here too! I haven't played you guys since Apex, but I know you've gotten insanely good since then, deff have to play sometime soon.

Pools:
Teczero- Such amazing skills, it was great to get to play you!

AVD- Great games, I hope your first tournament in a while went well, I could deff tell your skills are still really good

Smuckers- Intense matches, but definitely a lot of fun; I enjoyed playing your Pickachu and learned a lot from our games :)

Friendlies

Shy Guy- Thank you so much for housing us and driving us to the venue over the weekend, we reallly appreciated it! And great job making it out of pools, that was epic :)

Crismas- It was so great to play friendlies with you, teams were a blast!! I lack the words to describe how awesome your Peach is, and talking with you was great :) definitely hope to see you at another tourney soon!

DJ Nintendo- Thank you so much for helping me with my Falco AND with getting to the train station, you are AWESOME. I learned so much from your advice and watching your Falco, thank you again!

UltimaScout- You are seriously a lifesaver! thank you for driving us to the train station, it was greatly appreciated

Chain Ace- I am seriously impressed with your Falco, so glad I could play you and get a glimpse of your Falco skills

Solar- It was great to play you again, deff hope to see you at another tourney soon!

PB&J- GAH I reaaaaalllly wanted to play you and learn some of your awesome Ice Climbers' ways, but I would definitely like to play you the next time I see you! Anyways, it was awesome to meet you and get to talk to you :)

Smash Community- Most amazing people ever <3 Truth.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
mango was friendlying hbox with fox on the tv next to one i was playing on, on day one and i wasnt really paying attention, but i dont recal mango losing a single game. i thin someone was recording with a camcorder so look out for those

so for all those that give a crap about the whole "does mango try" bs, take it for what its worth

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
I guess I can go for some shout outs now

Most important - To Joe, Alex, Mike, and Paul for going to this and being all CT like, and being the ****.

Hax - You're the man. You should have won. Thanks for the stussy's. Sell me those Doom's.

Luck - Thanks for the YGO's. Hopefully people don't ruin GK's. Drop me a PM if you ever see this.

Darc/Daz/Boxman/Variola/Lilian/MattDotZeb/others - Thanks for being drunk as hell. It was hilarious.

Boxman - Mad burgers.

$Mike - Yeah, that was me :] I'm glad you listen to good music.

Most of NY - I'm upset I didn't hear enough hype talk from you guys. Maybe next time.

Prog - You're deff one of the coolest cats on the block. Don't leave us all. We love you <3

HMW - I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet you. I hope to see you again and stuff! You're so awesome. Mad fly, like a G6.

M2k - Thanks for letting me know that Goku ain't got **** on Gotenks.

Lilian - Thanks for being bff's this weekend :]

HaileyM - YOU'RE SO GOOD GO WIN POUND 5.

KevinM - You're way too good at life.

Nick (DarkDragoon) - You got so much better at this game. You're mad cute btw.

Foy - I'm glad I got to see you again! Let's not see each other like, in 2 years from now <3

Boxob - Games at the hotel were mad fun. DK dittos fo life

Chain-Ace and Yedi, and whoever else that applies - I'm upset we didn't play again :[ Deff have to soon ;D

Hungrybox - Stay being smart and singing. 4.9 GPA is ****ing nuts.

Prog again - Great way to beat everyone in the world at RPS.

Had a lot of fun here :]

OverLord

Smash Ace
I forgot:

thanx to PeePee for the friendlies, and for the advice too, I could really see all the effort and will to try and get better in you, you really inspired me, you really deserved this first place, STACK IT UP!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Alukard: Thank you so much for hosting man! None of this greatness would happen without you! =)

Overlord: Great games man, keep up the good rep!

Kirbykaze: I knew you were much better than your Pound 4 or teams performance showed, but DANG. Extremely on-point movement and tech chasing and edgeguarding. Can't let that get to me though. =p

Also we had good talks. I enjoyed that.

Unknown: Good friendlies man. Also, thanks for all of the kind words and support. =)

Sion: Good friendlies man. You're not allowed to say you suck anymore because I don't think you do, okay? =p

Ally- Thanks for the props man. =)

Kage: I loved your attitude in our friendlies/throughout the tournament man. You manage to somehow balance smiling and focusing hard well, it's really cool. =) I won this one for the warriors by the way. =p

Waffles: I should've made time to chill with you argg;bslandlkj,gkblm. my bad! It really was great to see you though, and the friendlies were fun. With some practice you'll be back to ****** again, don't worry. =)

Darrel: OMG dude you're too chill to hang with! That Samus is definitely good too, thanks for the experience.

PockyD and DY: ggs in teams guys. Pocky, I always feel like I want to say something to you in person(nothing bad, just conversation) but I never know what it is.

Lucky: Haha dude it means a lot having you in my corner when I play people, getting hyped and running around hahaha. Thanks man. =) we need to play too! XD

oh yeah: you're a gentleman. I strongly approve. =p

MacD: Haha we hung out a lot at this, cool. Fuuuuu I just remembered I didn't get peach practice! noooooooooo arg

Ah well, good to see ya all the same.

Lovage: Seriously stepping up your game lately, I approve. Sorry I didn't friendly you again, but I'm really looking forward to it next time we're in the same place. Keep it up man.

Hugs: Glad we got the whole Pound 4 things worked out haha. My bad that happened. Either way, glad you made it out!

Mangoooooooo: <33333

Thank you sooo much for the friendlies! Don't let me beat you in Marth dittos though. =(

I'm comin for that beastly Fox next time! =p

Thanks for having so much faith in me buddy, it really has meant a lot. Throwin down money on me and being all happy for me, that was amazing lol. Can't wait to see you at Pound 5! =D

Cactuar: You get the first EC shoutout for still being amazing and cool and awesome to text while I was there hahaha. <3

JesiahTEG- GGs sir. We could use more friendlies when I'm not fresh hahaha, but still I liked the stuff you're putting together. Keep it up man, and I'll see you soon!

ps that hair *****. =)

Swiftbass- GGs man. I know we don't talk a ton or anything but I thought it was cool that you were saying good stuff during our set haha. I know I sure didn't when you gimped me. =( Either way, keep it up and I'll see you around.

Nando: Yo even though I was trash talking you hard, it was because I love my boy Yay. Keep up the hard work man.

G$- Hahaha man you're fun to talk to/play with. EC hype is too good bro. =)

DJ Nintendo- Tough teams MM. Why you went bowser is beyond me though.

Hax- Yooooo you're growin up! hahaha nice scruff and all. =p Play with Mike a lot and swap some secrets, alright?

D1- Sorry I had to cheer against you when you played 702, but it was cool to see you again man. DIP! haha

KevinM- The better Kevin! Finally hahaha. Been meaning to meet you forever now. XD It was really chill talking to you as much as I did, and next time we should play a little smash too. =p

HaleyM- good stuff gettin off on Lucky! mad hype haha

Cobalt- GGs in pools man.

Hazz- Thanks for the support dude, and I really hope you achieved your goal here. =)

Niko- Great games man, showing me that I still have a lot to learn, and I thank you for that. =) I hope I was able to teach you some as well.

Prog- Hahaha the stuff you say to me is always hilarious every tournament. If you really me then I'm gonna be so sad when I don't get that anymore. =(((( Regardless, good stuff ****** RPS and legit job of keeping the stream updated!

Darc- =(((( don't hate me! I still think you're really cool and talented despite how unlucky you seem to get a lot of the time.

Jman- GGs in bracket man. Keep that spirit alive dude!

Allied- It was cool eating with you man, you're a chill guy.

Chillin- Good friendlies dude, and GGs in teams. Glad you made it out here!

Tope- Ahhh always good to see you man! You're at like every major I go to hahaha, which is ****. GGs in teams, and no more squandering in singles okay??? =p

Mew2king- Well, after a year and a month, I finally got my rematch with the legend. It was incredible with the hype and the playing and the sidebets lmao, and I hope it left a fond memory for you to retire on. Thank you for keeping me inspired to play this game long enough to actually take a match, and then 2 sets off of you, you're an amazing player and dude. I wish you the best with your future endeavors, smash or otherwise.

Hbox- Well, finally did it this time, didn't I? It's been a while....

At any rate, looking forward to the rematch. Oh! Thanks a ton for supporting me by the way, that was too good. =)

Project- Yo dude I like how we always catch up some at tourneys hahaha. Don't get frustrated with your character though, you can do it!

Rockrock- Great teams friendlies man, it was fun!

Druggedfox- Heard you were tearin it up here, good stuff! Thanks for all of the advice and support dude. =)

$Mike- Ahhhhhhhhh hyper bape son! Glad I got to see yo A again! <3 Got a few rough spots to work out but we got this. =p Keep wreckin em up there so I can stay proud of ya boy.

SleepyK- Ahhhh dude you made the car ride both ways soooo goooooddddd <3333 Thanks a ton man! Mad fun and chill and my only priority when you're near me in the future is to play you!!!!! XDDDD

Snap- Hahaha the laughs and support and bro time were prettty good this trip sir. Glad you had fun! Told you you would. =p

Cam- Always can count on you for the most ridiculous jokes and good times man. We had a good talk and I learned that hyping you is bad for some reason. =( But whatever lol, I learned my lesson and now you'll just have to **** harder at the next major, aight?

Yay- Goood shiz drivin baby. Gooooooooooooooood shiz teamin baby, we got our stuff worked out and it was nice how it came together(except for when I decided to stop comboing like a nub lol). Great shiz hyping lmfaoooo. <33 Such a bro. Also don't let your unlucky performances get you down man, you know what you can do, a lot of us know what you can do, so hold your head up until next time when you let em all know what you can do! =)

Maria- Well I guess it worked out more than I thought! hahaha
Obviously only a great sister can give me the emotional control I need to stay focused with her and everyone else yelling at the top of their lungs when I play. XD
Seriously though, I had a great time hangin, talkin, and being supported by you. You done good, girl. <3333

ps: nice tag

everyone that hyped me: you ****!!!! <333

everyone on the stream: dude you guys prove Melee is too good!

sidebets before matches at the tourney: LOL heck yes that was amazing!

Rock Paper Scissors: Why are you so good???

Italian Pizza Place: mmmmmmmmmm

Making actual "Ps" to hype me: incredible lmfao

everyone I missed: sorry but there are so many of you! =(

Everyone who showed: thanks for coming out and making this tournament memorable!

Melee too good!

Sion

Island of Horizon
just got back home a little while back. gonna do some shoutouts later.

thanks for hosting, alukard. sorry for not reporting my matches asap =(

D1

Banned via Administration
Bestest ROM EVERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I love how for the past couple tourneys I'd make it into bracket, then squander. My next goal is to not just be happy I survived pools LOL.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm happy that Samus out-placed all the mid tiers at this tournament :)

I'm happy that I redeemed myself for my pound 4 performance.

I'm happy that I was able to place top 10 at a national like I used to.

I'm happy that I got to enjoy myself at a tournament without succumbing to the pressure.

I'm happy to have met all you people brand new to me (Project, Ranmario, Kevin M, Jpobs, Animal, Vanz, Hazz, Kirby Kaze, Niko, Everlasting). Maybe we've met before, but the real meeting happened here.

I'm happy to have seen all the old timers and/or retired vets (Chillin, Rock Crock, Chops, Husband, Wife, Sastopher, Zoso, Cort)

I'm happy to have seen all the regulars (M2k, Jman, PP, Hbox, Kage, Hax, G$, Darc, Alukard)

I'm happy to have seen everyone from the WC that was coming out to represent our region, except for the people in the WC who actually wanted me to do poorly, for whatever reason.

I'm sure I left some people out and I apologize.

I had a great time here and I can't wait to do it again.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
I'm happy that Samus out-placed all the mid tiers at this tournament :)

I'm happy that I redeemed myself for my pound 4 performance.

I'm happy that I was able to place top 10 at a national like I used to.

I'm happy that I got to enjoy myself at a tournament without succumbing to the pressure.

I'm happy to have met all you people brand new to me (Project, Ranmario, Kevin M, Jpobs, Animal, Vanz, Hazz, Kirby Kaze, Niko, Everlasting). Maybe we've met before, but the real meeting happened here.

I'm happy to have seen all the old timers and/or retired vets (Chillin, Rock Crock, Chops, Husband, Wife, Sastopher, Zoso, Cort)

I'm happy to have seen all the regulars (M2k, Jman, PP, Hbox, Kage, Hax, G$, Darc, Alukard)

I'm happy to have seen everyone from the WC that was coming out to represent our region, except for the people in the WC who actually wanted me to do poorly, for whatever reason.

I'm sure I left some people out and I apologize.

I had a great time here and I can't wait to do it again.
Tight I only go to record one of your matches =[ But HYPED you got top 8 good **** bro!

strawhats

Smash Master
first of all
shoutouts to m2k: you and pp revived the **** outta melee (plz dont ever forget how good you are and good luck in life if this truly the end for you in smash). Also practice more melee (marth/fox) and play less brawl. You're too good a marth dittos (45 seconds man really too much ****)

hugs: you probably dont remember me but i was the guy in the mets hat. Samus on that legedary status.

Darrel: thnks for th friendlies man marth vs. samus is a ***** if you dont know what you're doing in the MU.

DK Smash: you reall do make up b seem more broken than a shine, and your DK is hella good. I can tell you really get into the game. I like that,

Overlord: that international **** is too good. Love your marth man. lets play in dittos next time, and also spread the word about pound and genesis to Italians especially Aldwyn (too ****)

Hax and $Mike: looking like twins out there. lol

MOP: love playing you. Epic combo

iamsamdigital: love that marth man...I got way better playing you alone much less playing other people.

Smokey: Eric Hercules. What is this i dont even (this guy went to school with me and i never knew he still played much less went to tourneys)

SleepyK: i love your insight and knowledge about the game. I thank for your honesty and trust me i will be even better the next time we play (just need to get that fox practice)

Luck and company: too **** guys too **** (i'm glad i saw you all on the way there, made the trip worthwhile)

Pools
Reno: im glad i got to play you again, irony that you were the first person i ever played in tourney and you were the first pools match experience i got. Marth vs. sheik is rough and you're too good.
But i feel like I had a sense of purpose with each approach grab attempt. Good **** though.

Solar: too good man. So sick rooming with you, banks, thorn, morgue, mop, spife, morgue, and my dude Overlord(Italiano all day every da twice on Sundays). Your peach ***** on BF too good.

Krazyknux: you're hella ****ing technical and that overwhelmed me. No jhns though you're too good. Just work on applying mindgames with that tech skil and your mindgames...other than that i'll get you next time.

Lovage: oh my gawd your sooo technical, my marth never knew what hit him.

Friendlies and chance meetings:

Zao: i believe you said you were Axe's protege. nice falco and you're so smart and technical

Shoutout to mango for being so ridiculous at this game. I'll play you next time

Chain- Ace: so cool bro, hope to play you more next time.

Roor: didn't get to play you again...sad face

Crazy Cloud(CC): MAN I DIDNT GET TO PLAY OR SEE YOU ALOT AT THIS. hOPE TO PLAY YOU AGAIN SOON.

Zoso: your marth is sex nuff said lol at marth dittos on Onett.

Swiftbass: im so gratefu for that ride man...saved me ****load of time and money getting back. Also you will break through agasint hax soon, PP is too good too but you got this.

HMW: too legit man...your commentary is truth personified. wish we got to play maybe at Pound 5.

Cort: good **** in friendlies.

D20- your YL is **** sauce so much fluidity, ****** of options, and mindgames. Your spacing is also amazing. We had a few tight battle though.

Dr. Mutha ***** PP: you're soooo good at this game now. Definitely best falco "right mango" lol. good **** beating hbox again and finally beating m2k (that was a really close set but you pulled it off. Keeping going your potential is limitless you're the only person i've seen that has asked mango to try and he's complied.

HaileyM: dayumn you gettin off these days. good **** almost beating lucky in pools.

Sauce: i forgot to ask for a match against your puff, but your fox is ****.

D1: my dude, definitley geting off on commentary

lol at the sidebets and the arm wrestling and thumb wrestling matches.

hbox: talking that mad doodoo son, good to finally play you even if it was only for like 2 stocks. (ato rests FTW against marth) lol. LOL AT BEING THE ORGANIZER FOR SIDEBETS...SFIV up in this *****.

Axelslam: too good man. we should play more often love playing your secondaries though.

lucky: super joey almost came out for m2k lol...good **** in friendlies man. Its always fun playing the pros. (feel as if my abilties doubled over the weekend.

Everlasting yay: soo ****ing funny man, too much **** talk is good for the soul. lol

Nando and Eggm: both of you guys getting off in tourney. Nando good **** beating yay in that MM and also making it into bracket. You'll beat mango one of these days. EggM good **** against Jman almost had it, your fox is soo technical.

Druggedfox: so good to meet you in person. Thnks for trying to help me get over my spacies phobia.

definitely remember to space more efficiently, sheild less, punish and grab harder and wait for my opprtunity.

Als holy **** i met husband, on that legend status. Definitely saw wife also.

Foy: good meeting you you're too legit man.

Banks and Thorn good rooming with you guys always a pleasure.

Thorn and Jman: good **** in teams.

PBnJ: good **** supporting m2k in GFs and also recording tons of **** footage, nice meeting you.

DJN: always a pleasure my dude. You're bowser is soooo ****ing fast holy ****.
And dayumn what kind of training did you and m2k do (guy was on a mission that day, with only pp getting in his way)

Chillin: definitely added to the chronicles of the legendary chillindude with that win over m2k and darc in teams.

Alukard: great tournament man, see you at Pound 5. That goes out to all of you.

Kirby1

Smash Cadet
my shoutouts:

pools stuff: I came so close to getting out of pools 1, but I couldn't take a game off of animal after beating d1. I don't think I got the greatest pool asdf. ggs though, forgot to ask you if you still wanted that mm d1 =(

strawhats: friendlies vs. you was pretty cool, we played a lot in day 2

sleepyk: uh yeah, shoutout to sleepyk youll know why

kage and ally: lol smash in the car on the way home

luigilover62: you are the worst player ever and you got third place -_- (you are either too modest or pretend to be lol)

to to or whatever: i was impressed with how the tourney was ran O_o

the bracket matches were awesome

To that Falco player that I had the chance to play (sorry man don't remember your name): Thanks for being the first person to truly get verbally upset over my Marth. **** =D

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
Hellz yeah tourny was fun as junk and cant wait until Pound 5 to experience all the joy and coolness again!
GGs to all i played...
Who was that other DK main? Mad props to fellow DK mains! *air pound*
Next time, I'm wearing the Gorilla Costume...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
PP, this attitude is because I love it, I love this game and I love everything it brings. I don't mind getting ***** over and over, of course I don't like losing however I will keep trying until I win. When I lose it's a mixed feeling of happiness and frustration, so of course it's understandable. It felt like I was playing this game for the first time when I played you physically and emotionally lol. Like it actually kinda made me remember the times when I was getting crushed by my best friend the first time I played this game ever and when I tried to beat him one thousand times before I got one game on him, which is why I wanted to play some more. =P Though, good **** man.. you did something only a select few can do, mega props. Just think about it.. it's sick.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP, this attitude is because I love it, I love this game and I love everything it brings. I don't mind getting ***** over and over, of course I don't like losing however I will keep trying until I win. When I lose it's a mixed feeling of happiness and frustration, so of course it's understandable. It felt like I was playing this game for the first time when I played you physically and emotionally lol. Like it actually kinda made me remember the times when I was getting crushed by my best friend the first time I played this game ever and when I tried to beat him one thousand times before I got one game on him, which is why I wanted to play some more. =P Though, good **** man.. you did something only a select few can do, mega props. Just think about it.. it's sick.
That is so awesome Kage hahaha.

And yeah, it's still hard to believe that I actually did it. It makes me really happy though so when I think of it like that it feels good haha.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Congrats to Dr. PP for winning thanks to M2k for exciting matches melee doesn't want you to retire. Shout-out to all Samus mains Hugs and Darrell for being amazing. Shout-out to Scar for returning to EC :) Kage you are a true warrior don't lose faith. Heard was amazing tourney wish I could have came.

Top Bottom