• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revenge is a dish best served by Meta Knight.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Wow, another boring update... wait... music? :D

Love the music, as always, but I have to say I agree with Sakurai here... it doesn't seem to fit the Halberd. XP

And please notice that Drill Rush used to be called Triple Dash, and has changed into Drill Rush in the Special Moves update, as well. Now the name makes sense. :p

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
This update is pretty good.
I can't stop listening to the "remix" of Meta Knight's theme from Kirby's Super Star, it brings back memories, and is so fun to listen to.

royinator

Smash Cadet
new shiek!

metaknight's the new shiek on crack!
uber fastness + ninja teleporting skill = awesomeness

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight possibly the new sheik. I mean he is really crazy. That Dimensional cape thing has to be one of the best moves in the game so far. As long as its start up time isn't forever. :/

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ahh, the music could have been better... but hey, can't deny the bass.

Well, a lot of updates have been gotten out of the way. Time for Ridley/Olimar/Falcon!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Oi, what a bad, bad update.

To the people praising the music...do you even remember the original?

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/kss_halberd1.mid

Can you honestly say the JAZZIFIED version is better? Christ no. It doesn't fit the stage. It doesn't even fit the game. The music is better suited for like...a Mario Kart game.
People have different tastes, my friend. I, for one, don't HATE the remix... but the original sounds SO much better.

You want me to link the music from the game, dude? MIDI's doesn't do it justice.

Drake3

Smash Ace
They like...happyfied it. And I don't know why because Revenge is not a happy thing >_>. Oh well, it doesn't sound bad, but nowhere near as awesome as the original was.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Oi, what a bad, bad update.

To the people praising the music...do you even remember the original?

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/kss_halberd1.mid

Can you honestly say the JAZZIFIED version is better? Christ no. It doesn't fit the stage. It doesn't even fit the game. The music is better suited for like...a Mario Kart game.

Kirby fans doesn't agree with you:
;)

Gyus from Kirby's Rainbow Resort.

Okay update. Sure, we all knew MK's moves but getting an accurate description of them was pretty nice. And the music was just freaking awesome. I'm going to have to listen to it over and over again for a while now.

Well, they had to update his special moves at some point, even though they already have shown them on the site.

I find it interesting how they changed his English Side B's name from Triple Dash to Drill Rush. I guess the latter makes a bit more sense than the former...

And finally, some Kirby music! Meta Knight's Revenge is such an awesome song. :drool:

Aw, that music freakin' rocks. A great version of that song; I would have never thought a jazzy sound would work unless I heard it.

Overall it looks like I'll still be up for using Meta Knight, though it seems like he's got some moves that might take a little more preparation (tactics) rather than the "slash like hell" that I thought he would be.

Not really into the special moves, but I love the Jazzy Halberd music

Awesome. Meta Knight's Revenge is one of my favorite Kirby songs.

It's nice to see Meta Knight's special moves clarified. A better update than the other three, but it's still something that we already know of.

Also, awesome remix. :)

RoMK MUSIC = MADE OF WIN AND AWESOME

Nice to see exactly how all of MK's moves work, too. Sweet, murhur~!

If it wasn't for the music, this update would have been just as dull as the others.

Hah, I can't stop listening to it! :smile: I'm excited to see Meta Knight's moves. I only can play as Kirby in Smash Brothers but I hope that I can also learn to use and fight just as well with Meta Knight.

This is like the sixth song that I want to hear the full version for as soon as possible.

Best soundtrack ever? Best soundtrack ever.

All in all, I LOVE this update. XD

His Down B can move him? Well, I didn't expect that.

Also, awesome music. Haven't played it myself, but I've heard it since it was in Kirby's Air Ride.

Down B looks nice...ima gonna spam it!

Plus the music is AWSOME!!!!!

YES, I LIKE IT SAKURAI!!!

I wonder if we'll get something Kirby related tomorrow, too.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
It's a good song (original was much better), but if you think this is a good song to fight to, then you're a fanboy.

Seriously. No other way to look at it. This is not a song you fight to. This is not a song that fits the Halberd stage.

silver777

Smash Champion
It's a good song (original was much better), but if you think this is a good song to fight to, then you're a fanboy.

Seriously. No other way to look at it. This is not a song you fight to. This is not a song that fits the Halberd stage.
The song is for the Halberd, It is originally a Halberd song, they will use the Halberd song for the Halberd stage.

this is the Halberd's theme, like it or not.

And it is awesome.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Personally, I don't think the Mother song in Onett in Melee (either of them) are good songs to fight to, but they're there anyway. I guess I'll have to hear the entire version of this song to form a good opinion about it.

Kittah4

Smash Ace

Um, way to tout your opinion as fact. People can fight to peppy jazz, it still has the driving bass sound of the original and high tempo. I mean, this sounds more battle ready than several songs in Melee, like the Ice Climber's stage, or that weird Mario remix on Peach's castle.

Even though the instrument selection is odd to me, I'm just happy that this song made it into the game, one of my favorite Kirby songs ever, and Kirby has a lot of good music.

But man, way to lay on the punishment, an update of an update he already released! Ouch. The music does soothe the wounds though.

And to all saying that this update "clarified" stuff about his moves, you didn't read enough of the E for All impressions.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Glad to see some people having disagreements with the music finally. I was starting to really feel left out. Yeah it isn't bad (does sound a tad too MIDI-ish to me), but it just loses that power it had that brought out the majesty of the Halberd, a massive flying hunk of technology you would have never expected in the Kirby series.

I don't even mind that jazz was used. It's the arrangement itself that leaves a lot to be desired. The remix starts out decently, but when it gets to the fast-paced part of the song, it gets all uppity and seriously breaks the mood. I keep picturing myself battling as the massive Halberd rockets through the omninous red skies, then comes to the front to fire its twin cannons at everything while people duke it out.....and I hear uppity music that makes me think disco dancin'.... It doesn't do it for me, not after hearing and loving the original for so long. The whole stage's theme is dark, moody, and intense. The music is upbeat and light-hearted.

The actual beginning of the remix isn't so bad. Had it kept that flow I think I would have liked it more. It's fine many people are enjoying it, but the remix could of been even better.

I do find it very interesting though - I think Sakurai would actually agree with me, as his doubts about the song perfectly describe what I thought, right down to the use of the word "incongruous". Indeed, the music fails to create a harmony between itself and the stage it plays on.

Finally, this is probably subjective, but it seemed like a lot of people were praising this remix just because it's "Meta Knight's Revenge" and they really liked the original...and not necessarily based on the merits of the song itself and what it's supposed to accomplish. In terms of pure nostalgia - reminding people of past music - it does that just fine. But to me it breaks away too much from the original.

Okay I think I said enough. I just wanted to share my opinion where more than just 1 other person among a sea of opposites would agree. :p Seriously, no qualms with those who enjoyed it!

BTW, I have no issues with the lackluster updates. It has to happen thanks to E for All. Otherwise the "3 Taunts" update would of been great.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
MEGARANT!.
Well, I agree with you. Which is why I LOVE the "My Music" update. Because we've heard another song that we have for this stage... that sounds a hell of a lot better.

I mean, to me, this song just doesn't sound that great. Dude, the beginning had me so hyped, but as soon as I heard the first trumpet... MIDI's ftl? Sure, I don't mind MIDI's, but this just SHOUTS MIDI. It's like the ripped something from VGMusic and threw in it FL Studio!

But, hey, you can only expect this because of how many songs they actually have to remix. I mean, think about it. There's possibly going to be 6 songs for each franchise. And how many franchises do we have now? 21? Yeah... not everything's gonna be top-notch or orchestrated.

But, hey, enough of my ranting before I get flamed. To me, the original's a lot better, and I'll be hoping they have it for My Music.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Well, I agree with you. Which is why I LOVE the "My Music" update. Because we've heard another song that we have for this stage... that sounds a hell of a lot better.
Wait, you're saying there's another song that plays on Halberd? I thought this was the one we heard in recent videos and stuff? When I first tried to make it out, I thought it was a rock version which would of fit the stage and atmosphere perfectly.

If that's not what you're saying, then you need to clarify. :ohwell:

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Wait, you're saying there's another song that plays on Halberd? I thought this was the one we heard in recent videos and stuff? When I first tried to make it out, I thought it was a rock version which would of fit the stage and atmosphere perfectly.

If that's not what you're saying, then you need to clarify. :ohwell:
I take that back. It's the same song from the video. Darnit. lol. It just plays into "Taking Over the Halberd." :dizzy:

But yeah, you know there's going to be more than one song for the stage, so you don't have to listen to this one.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Of course there will be options, but that doesn't change the fact that they took one of my most favorite Kirby songs and, compared to other remixed songs, gave it a so-so update, then tried to put it right back in its original setting. Maybe Sakurai will give us the original song and I could just play that instead.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Of course there will be options, but that doesn't change the fact that they took one of my most favorite Kirby songs and, compared to other remixed songs, gave it a so-so update, then tried to put it right back in its original setting. Maybe Sakurai will give us the original song and I could just play that instead.
That's what I'm hoping, too. Only time will tell...

Still, this isn't my fav song. lol. Mine is the Meta Knight battle music. But it seems too short to remix.

Then again, so was Ridley's theme.

Sparkchu

Smash Apprentice
I was waiting for the MK music since that IGN video, but it doesn't really sound as good since...
Maybe it's just me, but it's still OK. I'll have to listen to it a couple more times...

And with the exception of the Norfair update, I agree that this week is very disappointing. Hopefully tomorrow will make up for it...

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Ridley's remixed theme, on the oppsite end of things, is made of 100% WIN. I'm keeping myself from listening to it too much, but it made me happy that one of my most favorite VG characters gets an awesome remix. Now I'm just hoping he gets an awesome moveset and is playable.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Metaknight's update was just about average, but the music update for Metaknight's stage was the best music from Brawl I've heard so far. That really helped.

silver777

Smash Champion
Ridley's remixed theme, on the oppsite end of things, is made of 100% WIN. I'm keeping myself from listening to it too much, but it made me happy that one of my most favorite VG characters gets an awesome remix. Now I'm just hoping he gets an awesome moveset and is playable.
Ridley's theme on the dojo doesn't sound remixed at all, it is exactly like the original.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
^^^^
Dyce's Top 5 Music updates:

1. MGS4 Love Theme
2. Ridley Fight / Boss Battle Theme
3. Yoshi's Story Ending
4. Ocarina of Time Medley
5. Meta Knight's Revenge
my top 6 favorites

1. Fire Emblem theme (though i hate translating it....I love the language of Latin)
2. Delfino Plaza theme ( im really glad they didnt change it)
3. MGS4 Love theme (reminded me alot of Pirates of the Caribbean)
4. Space Armada ( just loved it)
5 Wario Ware: Ashley's theme (first vocal song i heard in the smash game....and my mom was right...it does sound like a Broadway play)
6. Meta Knight's Revenge (because MK pwns joo mutha ***** j/k LOL)

now if can just get Checker Knights from KAR in this game i'll be complete! (^^)v

burrito

Smash Lord
Well, personally, I really like the Metaknights Revenge arrangement, dare I say it, even more than the original. At first, I thought it wouldn't fit the stage, but after thinking about it, I think it fits the stage.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
5 Wario Ware: Ashley's theme (first vocal song i heard in the smash game....and my mom was right...it does sound like a Broadway play)
And as thupergay as a Broadway play to boot!
I'm going to have my fingers crossed that we can choose the Japanese version of that song over the English version. I like that one a LOT better. The English one seems kinda... forced?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
And as thupergay as a Broadway play to boot!
I'm going to have my fingers crossed that we can choose the Japanese version of that song over the English version. I like that one a LOT better. The English one seems kinda... forced?
not all Broadway shows are gay LOL...different yes but not all of them are that bad....Im preety sure we can if we are able to change the language of menus and everything from English to Japanese.....as for the song itself...I want English Lyrics...but I want the sound of the voice from the girl in Japanese......

any way back on topic....y do u think Sakurai seems to have 2nd thoughts about this ver. of the song?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
not all Broadway shows are gay LOL...different yes but not all of them are that bad....Im preety sure we can if we are able to change the language of menus and everything from English to Japanese.....as for the song itself...I want English Lyrics...but I want the sound of the voice from the girl in Japanese......

any way back on topic....y do u think Sakurai seems to have 2nd thoughts about this ver. of the song?
That's true. Not all Broadway plays are thupergay. Spamalot was awesome.

And I think he has two versions of the song because that's what Nintendo of America wanted.
stupid westernization...

Top Bottom