• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revenge is a dish best served by Meta Knight.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
As for the Shuttle Loop stuff, it was indeed one of Wing Kirby's abilities from Kirby Super Star. One of the moves involved attacking really close to an enemy, which would make Kirby float them in the air. Attacking directly after that had Kirby do a sort of aerial loop-the loop backflip kind of thing, smacking the enemy around. That was the Shuttle Loop (heck, the move's description even says "throw [your enemies] for the Shuttle Loop!") So yeah, that's where Meta Knight's move comes from. Also, awsome music, and it's nice to have full clarification as to his moves' capabilities. Also, Drill Rush > Triple Rush.

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
The music saved the repetitive update.
It's gotta be one of my favorite pieces so far.

It kind of surprises me, though, that Sakurai said he may regret putting this with his "serious" look on the Halberd.
I'd have to argue with him though (Yeah. I went there.). Because there's My Music in the game, if players don't agree with it's fitting in, then they can change it's probability of showing up to 0%.
But I'm not doing that. Classic Songs are great.
^-^

gamer8

Smash Lord
LOL. The 11th reply is title "woot first post"

I'm not really feeling the music. It seems like none of the music they reveal is even suited for a fight in Brawl.
I laughed so hard at that guy...

This update sucked so much, it's not even funny.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
I soo agree. The music did save the update. It kind of made me want to play Kirby Super Star again @_@

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
People need to lower their expectations of updates.

Metaknight was the last newcomer that needed a moveset update.
I wonder if he is going to do the veterans that haven't really changed?

NukeA6

Smash Master
The mystery of the Dimensional Cape has been solved. Metaknight's cool rating has just gone up.

The music is alright and is better than some I've heard for Brawl.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yes, the music was the real update here. Back durring the IGN videos, I could tell that this song was playing, and loved it, but couldn't really here it. But now it's here, forever! :O

NukeA6

Smash Master
How many of you knew the Dimensional Cape could be moved and used as a surprise attack?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I set my expectations very low today...and I'm still dissapointed.

The music was great...and it did "save" the update, but not enough for a redeeming value.

****it. If we get crap on Friday, that means 3 weeks without a character, right?

gamer8

Smash Lord
The music saved this update from being the worst of them all, but it's not nearly as bad as "Donkey kong makes his stand" that update was the worst of them all...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why are people complaining about the recent updates we're getting. You can't expect good update weeks every week.

We got a glimpse of Meta Knight's moves in a controls update, but there was no information about how they worked. Today's update revealed how the moves work in battle.

The music is somewhat awkward with that Jazz feel. Everything has their highs and lows though.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Something tells me that tomorrow we're gonna see zero suit samus' final smash, which is power suit transformation, it sucks ***... I'm never gonna use it =/

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
Worst update ever? nah. who cares if we saw it at the convention and before on the dojo and so on...

ok, its not the BEST update ever, but it is better than some of the other demo updates that we have gotten.

(you cant seriously be awarding the best update ever to my MK...)

Music was ok even though im not a jazz fan... brings back memories of beating revenge of meta knight in kirby superstar...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
We've all been dreading the day we got MK's special moves update... but y'know... it wasn't as painful as I think we all expected it to be. It gave us all the moves, a little insight to them, and a better understanding of how awesome MK is. :p

Not to mention it was a double update. Always a fan of double updates. :bigthumbu

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
I grew up playing Kirby Super Star, so this music update really brought me back. good song!

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
I set my expectations very low today...and I'm still dissapointed.

The music was great...and it did "save" the update, but not enough for a redeeming value.

****it. If we get crap on Friday, that means 3 weeks without a character, right?
not even! three weeks from today-dedede was on a thursday then friday was his specail moves.

when the updates started they expected the game to be released less than 19 days from now. thats only 11 more updates until december 3rd. theyre probably trying to release just as much worthwhile info as they would have released by dec 3rd. but now, its over a span of 89 days, on feb 10th. thats spreading the worthwhile information over a 4-5x greater time period, and the butter is getting spread pretty thin.

and music means nothing, if i'm not listneing to my own music i'm not going ape over the music in melee. music isnt really that big of a deal, and you're right. it didnt save the update. but its time to start getting used to these types of updates, and just expect it..

D

Deleted member

Wasn't the Drill Rush originally called the Triple Dash???

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Kirby Music update! I've been waiting for this for so long!
And the first time Jazz is being used in SSB.
I like this very much!
And it's always nice to see Meta Knight in all his awesomeness.

Rash

Smash Ace
Great music. Noriyuki Iwadare as arrangement supervisor? Count me in. I've loved his stuff ever since Grandia II.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
To everyone saying this is the worst week of updates, check out the first week of updates ever:

-List of musicians (bah, no one cares about the music in this game)
-Battlefield (pshhh, everyone already knew about it!)
-Mario and Link (ZOMG characterz!!!! duhhhhhhh)
-Gooey Bomb (another useless item...)
-Pit (O RLY?)

whine whine complain complain....

Top Bottom