• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return Of Character Intros!

spjd

Smash Apprentice
^^I like the Mega Man idea. (SPOILERS AHEAD!!!)

I always imagined Ganondorf getting a makeover for his Twilight Princess look. That way he could come on stage as a bunch of those Twilight particles that people turn into when teleporting and crap. That would be awesome.
Well don't you think that more suited for Midna (if she is in, that is..), I mean it is afterall her who does it.

soaz

Smash Ace
It is when you clear a dungeon and the beam of light transports you out of the dungeon.

Also, I hate to ruin his because I would love for character intros to be back, but I think the reason they weren't in melee is because the type intro a character does depends on its logo (Mario has a mushroom, Link has the Triforce symbol etc.) and some sharacters wouldn't work with this rule. So for example the Mushroom Kingdom team came through a pipe in SSB but there is Bowser in SSBM and can you honestly think that Bowser would come through a pipe Mario style for an intro? Same goes here in SSBB.
Oh yeah forgot about that although i was right on the eleport stuff:p

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Anyone ever heard of Lloyd Irving? Kratos Aurion? Lloyd and Kratos both have wings, so they could fly down...or Lloyd could ride Noishe..his giant green/white pet Protozoan (looks like a horse sized dog.)

xstompx

Smash Cadet
'tis sad that I've basically forgotten about those after playing only Melee for a long time. I thought those things were so **** cool, although I was a bit younger when I was experiencing them for the first time.... Anyhoo, I do think that I would still like them as a 19 year old (if they didn't take forever and could be skipped/opted out of).

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
yeah, I miss those.... but it would be hard this time around, comin' up with like 35-40-even 45
intros....

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
It is when you clear a dungeon and the beam of light transports you out of the dungeon.

Also, I hate to ruin his because I would love for character intros to be back, but I think the reason they weren't in melee is because the type intro a character does depends on its logo (Mario has a mushroom, Link has the Triforce symbol etc.) and some sharacters wouldn't work with this rule. So for example the Mushroom Kingdom team came through a pipe in SSB but there is Bowser in SSBM and can you honestly think that Bowser would come through a pipe Mario style for an intro? Same goes here in SSBB.
Exactly, I think that's why they took them out of Melee, it would be wierd for characters to not all be the same if they were from the same series, yet some wouldn't work (another being Mewtwo from Pokeball, couldn't be captured) but what I think they'll do, is make all characters individual. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (not the Brawl site) that Metaknight's victory is a rock version of Kirby's, that means they aren't the same even though they come from the same series.

There should be nothing against it..but they may get boring over time...
Maybe for some people but I've played SSB64 a billion times and they still don't bother me.

To quote others:

It would totally help finding players where they are at the beginnning of the match.

They should definately be turn-offable, but I didn't think they took very long, but seeing all at once should save time, if you wish. Even if they don't do either, most Smash players are n00bs, and I think most n00bs would like them in, even if most pros think they are annoying.

I was dissapointed that the character selection taunt thing was also taken out, but that was less of a big deal. I also think they should return victory music to play after the individual music plays, like in SSB64, but not a big deal either.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Well here's my list of intros for the confirmed characters only.

Mario pipe
Link ride in on epona
Kirby warp star
Pikachu pokeball
Fox his ship drop's him off
Samus ship drops her off too
Zelda the triforce teleports her
Bowser clown car
Pit swoop down in and have feathers fly around him
Snake pop out off a box
Wario ride in on motorcycle
Metaknight move his cape to show himself where he was invisible like the movie
Zamus (if she is a different character) i don't know

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Link's intro from SSB64 was the best. Coming from the beam of light after defeating a boss, AND then unsheathing his sword for another battle :) LOL, best intro ever

Seriously though, character intros were a welcomed addition to the game. But after consideration, I do think that stage specific intros would be the best answer. It was SO lame when I would see Pikachu come out of a pokeball, then immediately see Jiggy do it too.

Solution: Stage specific; makes more sense, and provides each stage with more character.

Hotshot672

Smash Cadet
i agree. everyone should have a different one, same franchise or not. maybe have multiple entrences based ont he stage

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping to see this return as well. I love the character-specific intros. I love the idea of Bowser using his clown car to arrive, and I like the idea of Link floating down like he did in SSB 64 better than him riding in on Epona. Metaknight could ride in on a warp star also, couldn't he? Zelda's is hard, but I imagine she would teleport or float down like link. Thinking back to it, I can't remember DK's or Yoshi's intros from SSB 64, though. Anyone remember them?

I wouldn't mind if the intros were only franchise-specific, just as long as we had them back. I assume melee didn't have them cuz they were rushed to meet a the deadline of the console launch, but this time they had tons of time, so I really hope they include this, too.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
That was never a pressing disappointment to me about melee, but it did cross my mind every once and a while that i did want those cool entrances back.

I agree! Bring them back!

cubican62

Smash Cadet
i think it would b a cool addition if like say u have to unlock it as an option and r able 2 turn it on or off.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
People seem to be forgetting that every time you start a match in SSB64 that it takes the time to look at each character intro one by one. I don't know about you but i found this really annoying, because right after this the countdown timer started, adding even more time to it. If character intros do make a return, they have to been done a lot less intrusively, be left out completely, or have an easy to find off switch.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
People seem to be forgetting that every time you start a match in SSB64 that it takes the time to look at each character intro one by one. I don't know about you but i found this really annoying, because right after this the countdown timer started, adding even more time to it. If character intros do make a return, they have to been done a lot less intrusively, be left out completely, or have an easy to find off switch.
The intros were NOT that intruding, in fact, I think that when it was 4 players, all of them appeared at the same time, and they were really quick and cut the person off to go to the next one, so it was really only 2 seconds MAX.

Florida

イーグランツ
Well, we know what Pokémon Trainer's introduction would be,
"I choose you, Squirtle!".

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
See, here's an improvement I've thought of:
Instead of zooming in on each character for their intro, the camera will just stay in it's regular spot and every character will do their intro at the same time.

w00t?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I agree about the off button, but really - how can that truly annoy you to the point where you wouldn't want it to stay? Ever play a racing game? Those count downs are not nearly as interesting and fun.

I can understand how at tournaments, people need to get down to business, so intors are unnecessary, but for good old fun? Yes please.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can see the Pokemon Trainer running up, saying "I challenge you to a battle", and then jumping into the background to give his uber commands. I would pee my pants if Bowser's intro was flying that one clown plane he has in Super Mario Bros. for the SNES.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Fire Emblem characters could be riding on the back of a horse like paladins do and the horse gallops off even though ike never rode a horse in the games

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
why are some people comlaining about the time of entrances?? This was never a problem in ssb64. 99% of the time I dont even notice the extra 2 sec it takes. and when you have 4 players the camera starts off zoomed out so it doesnt take any time at all.

seriously, if you're that excited to play, you need to go take a cold shower

Talendime

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the character intros are not included (not 100% positive), because in the Nintendo World Movie you can see the characters appear on the stage out of sparkling puffs like they did in Melee. Go ahead and watch it and you'll see what I mean.

Tanea

Smash Ace
yeah thye were cool to look at and while we are at it they should have models during the selection screen

sorry didn't mean to get of topic

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Zelda:
1.-Appears as she had used Farore's Wind.
2.-She cames out from the Sacred Realm (i don't know how, maybe from a shiny light)
3.-If Sheik is removed (which I don't want), she/he could make an appearance in Zelda's intro, maybe he appears with his/her Deku Nut Telepot Attack and then turn into Zelda, or just playing his harp and then turn into Zelda when he sees the other characters coming XD.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Anyone ever heard of Lloyd Irving? Kratos Aurion? Lloyd and Kratos both have wings, so they could fly down...or Lloyd could ride Noishe..his giant green/white pet Protozoan (looks like a horse sized dog.)
Wait- Lloyd has Wings?! 0_o

On topic, If Geno was in , he could do something with his Star Form.

Top Bottom