• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return Of Character Intros!

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
****, i miss those.

remember in ssb when they would appear and have individual ways of arriving onto the stage?
like fox riding the arwing, or mario coming out of a pipe.
did dk come out of a barrel? i forget.

but i think brawl should SERIOUSLY have character intros again.
just a little something that would make it more appealing to everyone, y'know?

EDIT: if you guys could, submit a form (if you haven't already) including the return of character intros to brawl. i'm sure no one can argue that it would have a negative impact on ANYONE. so just a little more text to your submition and request the return of character intros!

mathos

Smash Champion
I totally agree, thats what I believe Wario's motorcycle to be. He'll ride in on it, and then proceed to lose to everyone.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Antioch said:
****, i miss those.

remember in ssb when they would appear and have individual ways of arriving onto the stage?
like fox riding the arwing, or mario coming out of a pipe.
did dk come out of a barrel? i forget.

but i think brawl should SERIOUSLY have character intros again.
just a little something that would make it more appealing to everyone, y'know?

i totally agree. this was what i missed most when i started melee. bring it back. go suggest this on the web form. in fact, i'm going to do that right now.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
That would be fun
Pika and Jiggs came out of pokeballs
And Kirbys little star ship crashed
Yeah thats a good idea

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Cra$hman said:
but where would fire emblem people come from?

no idea. how do they travel? they could just appear dramatically, ride in on horses or some magical conveyance, magical teleport, etc. whatever's good and "Fire Emblem-y".

Brokenskye

Smash Rookie
I would like character introductions to return. They should have multiple ones too. Perhaps it would depend on the stage? Also, wouldn't be cool if you could hold a button before the battle started and it would execute a particular introduction according to the button you pressed? (As in the same fashion you can choose your winning match taunt in Melee.)

Would you do guys think of this?

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
horses sound good to me. o_O;

is roy a prince as well, though?
'cause i mean they could have like two other fire emblem characters (NPCs) hold their capes as they walk in, or something.

i don't know if roy or marth's upgraded classes has them on a horse. >__<;

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Quit worrying. The Wii version of Smash will have a nice intro for you to look at a hundred times before you eventually get sick of it. You buy the game to PLAY, not to watch an intro until you break a blood vessle.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
Kereokacola said:
Quit worrying. The Wii version of Smash will have a nice intro for you to look at a hundred times before you eventually get sick of it. You buy the game to PLAY, not to watch an intro until you break a blood vessle.

once again, off topic.
we're discussing the individual introductions a character has entering battle a la SSB64.
not the game's intro... {shakes head}

and i'm pretty sure no one is worrying.

BeMeOrDieTryin2

Smash Rookie
Having specific character intros would be the best thing ever. I was a tad dissapionted when it wasnt in melee and if they brought it back the game would be better than perfection. I think that the fire emblem people should just run in or soemthing. their game never had anything of particular uniqueness liek the mario brothers warp pipe or the pokeball. Since in the pokemon movie mewtwo coudlnt be capured what would hsi entrance be and samus shoudl come in on her starship instead of the transporter beam like in ssb

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Y34HDUD3!!! said:
I Wanna Ending Secuences
And I want good spelling and proper grammar. But we can't always get what we want.

But on topic, character entrances would be wicked sweet. Just imagine how cool the entrance for somebody like Ganondorf (if he returns) will be. Or Mr. Game & Watch. I'm simply quivering with delight just thinking of them.

Antiself

Smash Apprentice
I would like them back two. Even if character's like Marth just run in; It would be more interesting then the pad, teleporting thing.

I want to see Snake sneaking in through his box to the arena. :laugh:

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
That's a great idea if that can happen in SSBB! I wish they didn't remove them in SSBM. They were quite amusing.

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
ZSamus Walks in in Varia suit and sheds it like in the trailer. Don't know about Fire Emblem, never really played the games. Snake, definitely cardboard box. Meta Knight Falls from the sky shrouded in cape and dramatically reveals himself. Pit fires and arrow from the sky and flies in. G&W, maybe the G&W system falls on the ground and G&W pops out. Bowser, flames explode on the ground and he rises up.

It would rock so hard!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
nah, no offence guys but the intros weren't reall that good. I like just getting to the game itself. I have gotten way to used to going right to the game. I bet you guys Nintendo isn't going to put character intros at the beggining of the matches. So just NO.

No offence but not everybody likes the intros and you never sayed that people can't dissagree.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well, so far all the posters of this thread have agreed that it was a pro, not a con from the original game.

I really miss a lot the intros of the players in melee, and getting them back would be so sweet.
The onely thing is that they need to make them fast and good, to not spoil the ones who are willing to start fighting.

Amyways, in melee.... the fight starts just too fast sometimes, and when in free for all, sometimes u cant see what the others will do first becausse the word "GO" is still in the screen............ so making this word smaller and adding some intros when the word "READY" is on the screen...would be a plus, a very cool one.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Yuna said:
No. Why? It takes too long. Either that or it should be turn-off-able. If not, just no.

is not that we are talking about a summon from the Final fantasy series, which takes like 30 seconds to dissapear from the screen....

at much it can take like 2 more seconds than the actual setup time from the battles in melee....nothing that will kill someone of boredom.

And an option to make them on and off seems very fair to me.

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
I would like the character intros back too. I agree that some of the fights start out too quickly and the intro didn't take that long to do.

DrewMoney

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banditandrew
3DS FC
3540-0555-2542
i was thinking that the other day.....the intros where kinda cool, but then again i really wouldnt care if they where or werent in brawl, but i really think they will do something awesome so dont worry toooo much

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Well, since Roy and Marth are both nobles.....FE likes to upgrade it's nobles from footmen to cavalry. So the FE characters can just gallop in on their fancy horses, hop off dramatically while to horse dashes into non-existence. Yea......that's hot.......

VIVE LA FIRE EMBLEM!

Also, Mewtwo should slowly descend from the top inside his 'shell' he had in the TV show, when he was owned by that last Gym Leader guy....forget his name...you know....Team Rocket's boss? Bah! anyway.....yea.....

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hydde said:
Amyways, in melee.... the fight starts just too fast sometimes, and when in free for all, sometimes u cant see what the others will do first becausse the word "GO" is still in the screen............ so making this word smaller and adding some intros when the word "READY" is on the screen...would be a plus, a very cool one.
If you're an avid player of free-for-alls, that's a whole other discussion. FFA's are not the norm for which we're gonna change the game.

Hydde said:
is not that we are talking about a summon from the Final fantasy series, which takes like 30 seconds to dissapear from the screen....

at much it can take like 2 more seconds than the actual setup time from the battles in melee....nothing that will kill someone of boredom.

And an option to make them on and off seems very fair to me.

So what do you propose? In 2 seconds, would Marth and Roy be able to run onto the screen somehow? Would Peach be able to float in? All character intros would need to have the characters somehow teleport onto the screen somewhere in some manner. Or should they be there the frame the stage is visible?

Also, the character intros get very boring and repetitive after a while. And again, time consumption. Unless we can turn it off, we'll lose how matter little time they take per match.

In SCIII, they made it so the ending victory cry can't be turned off instantly. Guess what the most annoying part of competitive SCIII is? Yes, it's THAT.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Yuna said:
So what do you propose? In 2 seconds, would Marth and Roy be able to run onto the screen somehow? Would Peach be able to float in? All character intros would need to have the characters somehow teleport onto the screen somewhere in some manner. Or should they be there the frame the stage is visible?

Also, the character intros get very boring and repetitive after a while. And again, time consumption. Unless we can turn it off, we'll lose how matter little time they take per match.
QUOTE]

**Master Sheik rips through the very fabric of space and time itself in an explosion of fire and brimstone, leaving in his wake only a vanishing plume of smoke. ~ All in under 3.062 seconds**:demon:

Either way, it really doesn’t matter to me. However, as a “fan” of the series, I think that the character intros will be a welcomed return by many. I think that sometimes, we as gamers are often easily obsessed by the intricacies of a game rather than the overall feel of the game. I’m confident that Nintendo will make the right choice as whether or not to include this feature. Nintendo lives by the creed of delivering big things in small packages, and I’m sure that this will be an excellent example. Furthermore, in response to your question Yuna, if we examine the physics of the original SSB character entrances, they were exceptionally fast. Also, I would not be concerned about the character entrances taking away from a match’s time, I’m sure the Nintendo will catch any bugs such as this before production. It is also possible that Nintendo will design this feature (if included) to be user controlled, meaning that it may be skipped as in SSB, or completely absent as in SSBM. Alas, when all is said and done, it is not up to us to decide; point blank, the decision lies in the hands of the developers. However, if Nintendo’s is true to their promise of inclusiveness, “Wii” as gamers will have it our way.

**Master Sheik vanishes in a dazzling display of swirling smoke and gunpowder** :evil:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm perfectly fine with it if it's skippable. I've only played SSB three times in my life, so I don't really remember how it works.

You should be able to both have it turned off by ticking an option in the menu and skip it by pressing B or something.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Yunas right, I remember playing ssb back in the day and god **** where those things annoying. they were cool but annoying, they should be skippable if implimented again.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
There has to be a reason why they took it out on melee that's why I recommend to have it as an "additional rules" which can be turned on and off.
(...as I will also like a gore mode, just for laughs, imagine Bowser's down smash vs. any swordsmen in the game.....GORYGUSHYBLOODY!!!!!)

Plus when you picked your character on 64 and they did a funny taunt.

And putting the announcer's voice say(1p mode) the name you written in name entry like the computers(iMac) that can read the name of the files.

For example instead of saying: Fox! vs. pikachu! they'll be sayin.... Zyko! vs. Pikachu!

Oh and something that dissapointed me from the past smash games was that not every stage in the game was available like for example the one you fight the Links in adventure mode or the Yoshis and the one I like to call "Paradise" which is the stage you go in all-star right before a fight. Plus in 64 the "metal battle" stage.
And the HOW TO PLAY stage on 64.

I WANNA PLAY THEM!!!!!!!! :mad: :cry:

..............later

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea but after a while the novelty of them coming in might wear off, in SSB I didn't notice them after a while and also I do not like the idea of waiting 4 seconds every game before I have to play. I may seem picky but I would prefer if it was a quicker start as it quickly puts you into the gameplay.

Top Bottom