• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retire

Beat!

Smash Master
Why does full-fledged anarchy stop at the border? >.>
Well, we tried extending it further but the surrounding countries kinda made a big fuzz about it, so we decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Also, I don't have to say anything that actually makes sense.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
and to say armada was more dominant then me or even m2k is silly

in our times no ONE stood a chance

armadas got like 3-4 people who can potentially beat him atm

but I guess it doesn't matter now

being a champ and being a dominant champ are 2 diff things

armada was just a champ

RIP armada
Quoted for what should be obvious truth but isn't somehow :facepalm:

LMAOOOOO

how was I banned and not this guy
Seriously lmao.

eshu125

Smash Apprentice
Two things I've learned from this thread:

1. Mango is jealous that people are supporting Armada leaving and calling him "[legendary/dominant/unbeatable champ]" because Mango fell off and all he has now is his reputation to cover up for his poor attitude.

2. This community has a serious lack of empathy. Armada doesn't owe you guys anything. It's his life.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's his life, he doesn't owe anything, sure. But why is his "fire" gone? I know damn well it's not a lack of competition. He said he didn't feel the need to get better anymore.... which almost makes it sound like he wasn't being challenged which is complete bull****. I don't get it lol. He says he still loves the game but won't enter singles... is he worried about a loss on his record? I mean seriously.

Armada

Smash Lord
I don't know why you are so ****ing angry about this.
I have NEVER said no one could challenge me or anything like that so don't even try to put words in my mouth.

I don't have fire to spend time improving as a player. That dosen't mean I have started hating the game or anything. It's not like someone will keep playing forever anyway.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
it's his life, he doesn't owe anything, sure. But why is his "fire" gone? I know damn well it's not a lack of competition. He said he didn't feel the need to get better anymore.... Which almost makes it sound like he wasn't being challenged which is complete bull****. I don't get it lol. He says he still loves the game but won't enter singles... Is he worried about a loss on his record? I mean seriously.
ennnntiiiiitllllleeeeeeddddddd

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
It's his life, he doesn't owe anything, sure. But why is his "fire" gone? I know damn well it's not a lack of competition. He said he didn't feel the need to get better anymore.... which almost makes it sound like he wasn't being challenged which is complete bull****. I don't get it lol. He says he still loves the game but won't enter singles... is he worried about a loss on his record? I mean seriously.
wow could you give me that armada mind reading advice it seems pretty cool

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I have NEVER said no one could challenge me or anything like that so don't even try to put words in my mouth.

I don't have fire to spend time improving as a player. That dosen't mean I have started hating the game or anything. It's not like someone will keep playing forever anyway.
Armada, some people are throwing **** just in hope for a reaction, something like "OK I'LL COME BACK AND PROVE IT". I can understand that it's not something that works, though ;).

Personally, I feel it would be cool if your last tournament was BEAST, winning in Europe, especially against Mango, would be awesome. It's a shame that you don't want to enter that in your own home - I've nothing to say or to contest about you losing your motivation or wanting to go to the USA... but why not even where you live?

Unrelated: I'm a fan of Mango's Mario by the way. I think he had fun doing that, even if I can see why some people weren't happy, I never cared about who wins tournaments, I only like the hype of the matches. As you know, I don't even have a main character, and it's because I get bored if I tried to do that.
You should try to see if playing with a low tier (YLink? Another?) in a way NOBODY in the world has done before, suprising people, maybe it could bring back some fun if you've lost motivation, that's just a personal suggestion. Sometimes I think that Axe, Taj, V3ctorman etc have more fun than other guys.

Good luck man, cheers.

Sanu

Smash Champion

The people who are angry are simply showing their true colors. It's pathetic, and gives North American smashers a bad name.

It was an honour to have the opportunity to play you in tournament twice. Thank you for giving us an amazing show over the years. I wish you all the best :)

:phone:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Armada: All I did was state that you no longer had the drive to get better, which you said yourself. And I asked why your fire is gone, along with a few other questions, and stated that i know it's not from a lack of competition. I didn't put any words in your mouth so don't put any in mine? Thanks. So again, why is your fire gone now that we know for sure you are being challenged enough?

Mike F@ggar: You made no sense. I never claimed to know what armada was thinking, which is why I repeatedly asked him about his intentions. Fail.

The people who are angry are simply showing their true colors. It's pathetic, and gives North American smashers a bad name.
Could you perhaps get your nose out of Armada's ****hole? His retirement is causing the game we all love to take a big hit when it's already on his death bed. I know he doesn't owe us anything and this is his own decision, but for those who love melee and the high level of competition armada provided for the game, his retirement blows. For those that weren't really into high level melee, I can see why you don't care or understand. But please don't think that I dislike Armada because I'm a little pissed I'll never see his peach again.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
What makes you think he even knows the reason? We aren't robots. Theoretical reasons like "competition still exists" don't always work. Life is a complicated thing.
He lost his interest in competing and spending loads of free time to keep his top position. It just happened, try to deal with it.

Sanu

Smash Champion
why argue with someone who just wants to fling ****? im not sinking to your level lol

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Armada: All I did was state that you no longer had the drive to get better, which you said yourself. And I asked why your fire is gone, along with a few other questions, and stated that i know it's not from a lack of competition. I didn't put any words in your mouth so don't put any in mine? Thanks. So again, why is your fire gone now that we know for sure you are being challenged enough?

Mike F@ggar: You made no sense. I never claimed to know what armada was thinking, which is why I repeatedly asked him about his intentions. Fail.

Could you perhaps get your nose out of Armada's ****hole? His retirement is causing the game we all love to take a big hit when it's already on his death bed. I know he doesn't owe us anything and this is his own decision, but for those who love melee and the high level of competition armada provided for the game, his retirement blows. For those that weren't really into high level melee, I can see why you don't care or understand. But please don't think that I dislike Armada because I'm a little pissed I'll never see his peach again.
Goddamn, how many times does he have to say "I just won't be playing in tournies" he's still gonna be in the community, now if he just left and didn't say anything at all *COUGHKenCOUGH then yeah i'd be kinda mad since he doesn't now how much he means to the community, but he's not doing that. I personally just take it as a break from melee, nothing more, melee is to magical to NOT keep playing, hell look at ken, he said he would never play again yet his fire came back, he was even thinking about going to Apex.

Armada's retirement should simply be an inecitive for all the other players to step thier game up to see who's getting the throne. Either way they'll want to get better as well since you know they will never actually be "the best" since armada is no longer competeing. He doesn't have to tell us WHY his fire is no longer burning, that's extremly selfish.

Either way Armada's still the best that ever was, and the fact that he has so much extremly high-level competion yet he STILL beats shows just how good he is.

Engo

Smash Ace
Next time you see Armada he'll be shocking the world as the next Basketball star.

Thanks for being an awesome competitor, admirable champion, and the boost of energy and excitement you brought into the community. I understand exactly what you mean by losing your fire and it's completely understandable seeing as you've accomplished all your goals and have been undefeated for a year and a half. Don't let the people kicking and screaming bother you. Thanks again and good luck with all your future endeavors.

Armada

Smash Lord
Ace: "I know damn well it's not a lack of competition. He said he didn't feel the need to get better anymore.... which almost makes it sound like he wasn't being challenged which is complete bull****"

When I did read that I think it sounded like you tried to twist the meaning of what I said.

And I promise you that if I knew for sure why the fire is gone I would tell everyone. I guess after spending more then 10 years playing a game (and compete in 8 years) it is not that weird that the fire to improve is not there anymore.

How long time have you tried to push yourself REALLY hard to become the best anyway?
Yeah I understand some people think it sucks that Im leaving (not competing). But do you really think I should play just because other people wanna see me play?

I don't agree with that and that's why I don't have any plans to compete again.

LLDL

Smash Hero
yeah cept the bracket at apex gave him the 1 top player he ALWAYS beats

which I thought was silly

me or m2k shoulda been on that side

don't know why hbox got only armada

the bracket made it so hbox and armada both avoid the people who can beat them ( me kevin )

and LMAOOO IM GOING TO SWEDEN AND HE WONT PLAY
Yeah I was upset when I saw that in the bracket. Going by last year's apex results, hbox and armada were the top 2 seeds. And if you want to be fair and go by seeding points, hungrybox was one below armada, with m2k mango and PP all above BOTH of them by going to more events. It doesn't make sense because by that seeding logic, pp and m2k would have been on opposite sides of the bracket. Oh well, I had no say in the matter of bracket creation, but that was very wrong to me =(

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Yeah I was upset when I saw that in the bracket. Going by last year's apex results, hbox and armada were the top 2 seeds. And if you want to be fair and go by seeding points, hungrybox was one below armada, with m2k mango and PP all above BOTH of them by going to more events. It doesn't make sense because by that seeding logic, pp and m2k would have been on opposite sides of the bracket. Oh well, I had no say in the matter of bracket creation, but that was very wrong to me =(
Armada 3stocked both pps Marth and falco....

Mr P

Smash Ace
Armada - A break from the game is probably the best thing for you, it give's you a chance to reflect on all the things you've achieved over the last few years and what it may mean for you in future. If you are not feeling it then honestly you are doing the right thing. Don't let the comments of a few ignorant people bother you they are just dissapointed to see you go.

Enjoy your break from the game and who knows, you may come back feeling more refreshed and have a renewed passion for the game again. Melee will always be waiting.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ace: "I know damn well it's not a lack of competition. He said he didn't feel the need to get better anymore.... which almost makes it sound like he wasn't being challenged which is complete bull****"

When I did read that I think it sounded like you tried to twist the meaning of what I said.

And I promise you that if I knew for sure why the fire is gone I would tell everyone. I guess after spending more then 10 years playing a game (and compete in 8 years) it is not that weird that the fire to improve is not there anymore.

How long time have you tried to push yourself REALLY hard to become the best anyway?
Yeah I understand some people think it sucks that Im leaving (not competing). But do you really think I should play just because other people wanna see me play?

I don't agree with that and that's why I don't have any plans to compete again.
You are still pretty young and have so many more choices you can make for your life. A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does. This is basically/vaguely how my own fire cannot be extinguished since no matter what I do, I will be happy. It's not always about success but happiness, if playing Melee does not make you happy anymore then I guess it's important to do what makes you feel good.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
like a swede would play such a dumb flopmerican "sport"

armada: disregard what these ****** flopmericans are saying. it's your choice and you've done nothing wrong.
Leave it to a European to not get the joke and look like an *** lol

MaNg0

Smash Hero
im salty as a community member

and not as a top player

I know for a fact hes not better then me

so it doesn't bother me much

just bothers me as a community member since like 07 that we lost one of our top players

id be upset if hbox quit as well

all the top players fill their roles

Diakonos

Smash Lord

and not as a top player

I know for a fact hes not better then me

just bothers me as a community member since like 07 that we lost one of our top players

Some good reasoning coming from Mango here.
(except about relative skill)

I suppose I would agree with a few of the other guys who have said that you should stop competing if you don't feel like it; take a break. But stay open to the possibility that you might want to return, that the "fire" wil come back. Don't assume it won't. And then make your decision later!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

and not as a top player

i know for a fact hes not better then me

:)

don't worry, i'm sticking around. I might do something similar to what you did in having an alter ego alias for my Ness

I need a good name though

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
like a swede would play such a dumb flopmerican "sport"

armada: disregard what these ****** flopmericans are saying. it's your choice and you've done nothing wrong.
i don't understand where this flopmerican stuff comes from. You guys all play soccer, a game where all your best players repeatedly flop after any little contact and act like they just broke their legs lmao. The worst American offending sport is bball. However, players just try to make sure the ref. gets the call right, you don't see them on the ground for 5 minutes crying like little *****es LOl.

Top Bottom