• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retire

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
im salty as a community member

and not as a top player

I know for a fact hes not better then me

so it doesn't bother me much

just bothers me as a community member since like 07 that we lost one of our top players

id be upset if hbox quit as well

all the top players fill their roles
Do you believe you are a better player than Armada?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
probably not consistently ( CAUSE I PLAY SPACIES )

but overall yea.. when I play good no one can touch deeeez nuttts

and when I play bad everyone ***** me LMAOOO

all or nothing bruh

and I can play like 5 characters at top level

ROFLLLLL trail

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Mango just likes to talk a lot of s***. He's seems to be very salty since he got beat by Armada every time they played (except Genesis1, which i also think Armada deserved to win).

Honestly tho, while Mango celebrated by drinking alcohol after every tourny win (lol xD), Armada actually sat down and watched his own matches and figured what he could do to improve himself even more.

Everything aside, Armada's dedication is what makes / made him a better player than Mango.

Troll post?:awesome: Nah...

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
That PP can't beat armada and that seeding wouldn't have meant **** if mango wouldn't have been on Armada's side (if you believe MAngo actually stands a chance).

LLDL

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter what the seeding would have meant, it's that it was wrong in the first place

BrahmenNoodles

Smash Cadet
Maybe I'm crazy, but, I just can't see the spirit of sportsmanship in Mr. Mang0 coming to Mr. Armada's retirement thread simply to proclaim the prior is better and to rustle the latter's jimmies.

It's just a tad off putting :c

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
I think theoretically the best way to determine seeding in the future would be to do round robin pools and then have those determine seeding. Obviously this isn't fool-proof, since people could just sandbag during pools, just barely make bracket and then end up having an easier bracket. I honestly don't like the idea of fabricating brackets in order to make matches that people want to see. I mean sports don't try to manipulate brackets in order to do the matches that people want to see (or set up a championship people want) they're based solely off of that teams/players performance during that particular moment in time.

So yeah, no more of this "let's make change this bracket so the stream can see the matches they want" just base seeding off of pool results. Obviously, this can be done in a hundred different ways and if anyone wants to discuss this in detail I'd be more than happy to oblige (making brackets and lists are two things I used to obsessively; it was not uncommon for me to hand-write lists and make rankings featuring thousands of items when I was younger). Not saying I'm an expert or that people haven't done a good job, just saying that seeding and bracket making as a whole could use a closer look and I'd be more than happy to contribute to that discussion.

Anyways, I apologize for potentially steering the thread off course. Congratulations to Armada on his success and I wish you well with the rest of your life.

TheLake

Smash Master
Come on Armada, tell us her name. :smirk:
I came in this thread to award this player "Best first post ever" award

Trail is the only one making sense so far

H box call your alias "The squid totally beefed it"

and use yoshi ;D

mango needs to start maning up

and going mario

ill pay him

ill make a charity damnit if i have to

armada needs to be a commentator

let him live

but i think hes a smart guy and would like to hear his input on stuff (plus to hear his dreamy voice *swoons*)

Pp needs to main marth

m2k needs to ****ing main m2

this community can still make sense damnit

Good **** trail

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
i don't understand where this flopmerican stuff comes from. You guys all play soccer, a game where all your best players repeatedly flop after any little contact and act like they just broke their legs lmao. The worst American offending sport is bball. However, players just try to make sure the ref. gets the call right, you don't see them on the ground for 5 minutes crying like little *****es LOl.
I think they stay on the ground to run the time out.

He should probably prefer hockey but all I seen him doing is trolling and talking about Leffen. It's obvious he has a crush on Leffen and probably stalks him.

The Brazilians have soccer on lock.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
To be fair, the Europeans aren't the only ones who flop like little girls in soccer, all the leagues around the world are characterized by the same goofy looking flops. You know what Country's soccer league/players aren't characterized by non-stop flopping? The MLS, which does suck I admit, but at least our world cup teams don't flop/cry 100 times a game like the rest of the world does.

In short.... I really don't understand this flop american **** haha, we play and champion the most physical athletic events in the world and disdain flopping with a passion. The same can't be said for Swedish soccer clubs. I'm a big soccer fan btw.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
#kagepost2013

ROFLLL
But it's true, if Armada only played to win then I just don't see how he would win in the first place. I'm pretty sure we all picked up the game because we love playing it at it's core, why should anyone abandon that? It's borderline insane. However, I guess if you really don't enjoy playing it anymore then that's understandable.

Armada

Smash Lord
I know for a fact hes not better then me

so it doesn't bother me much
Just because you ask so nicely.

Total wins: Me 3 - You 2
GFs: Me 4- You 3
Average place: 1,8 - You 2.2
Score between us in sets: Me 3 - you 2
Score in winning sets on different tournaments between us: Me 2 - you 1

Yeah you were clearly better!

Engo

Smash Ace
Noooo Armada don't buy into Mango's rambling. You're the better player and you don't have to waste your time trying to prove it just to end up getting a silly response from Mango(which should be coming up soon).

stelzig

Smash Lord
i don't understand where this flopmerican stuff comes from. You guys all play soccer, a game where all your best players repeatedly flop after any little contact and act like they just broke their legs lmao. The worst American offending sport is bball. However, players just try to make sure the ref. gets the call right, you don't see them on the ground for 5 minutes crying like little *****es LOl.
That's mostly the italian players lol.

Armada

Smash Lord
Noooo Armada don't buy into Mango's rambling. You're the better player and you don't have to waste your time trying to prove it just to end up getting a silly response from Mango(which should be coming up soon).
Haha yeah true :p
Just funny cause Mango always told me how "Insecure" I was about this stuff.
Then he never miss a chance to talk about that stuff.

Even if he dosen't care ;)

kys

Smash Ace
I would like to see something like a 7-character-battle between Mango and Armada. 5 stocks each with Fox, Falco, Peach, Jiggs, Marth, Sheik, and Falcon.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
26-character battle would be sweet as hell.

Pretty sure Mango would curb-stomp Armada in the lineup you suggested though.

Renth

Smash Hero
like a swede would play such a dumb flopmerican "sport"

armada: disregard what these ****** flopmericans are saying. it's your choice and you've done nothing wrong.
How can Mike Haggers blatant racism not go unpunished? Especially after all this time.

If all this flop garbage doesn't stop one way or another I guess I can say EUROTRASH and other negative bull **** in every post. It's okay, It's not offensive. I'm just going to in every post I make but a complete douchebag and tell everyone in Europe how much I hate them for no reason.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It ALWAYS GOES UNPUNISHED RENTH. That's just how it is cause mods blow donkey ****.

But they demod me because I went on a rampage and infracted 2 people within a 10 month period.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
How can Mike Haggers blatant racism not go unpunished? Especially after all this time.

If all this flop garbage doesn't stop one way or another I guess I can say EUROTRASH and other negative bull **** in every post. It's okay, It's not offensive. I'm just going to in every post I make but a complete douchebag and tell everyone in Europe how much I hate them for no reason.
hey man i know a great website for you
kränkt.se

Jonas

Smash Champion

I wouldn't really find it offensive, but then again it's hard to offend someone who's not insecure and self-conscious about his nationality.

Also pro-tip: Put MikeHaggar on your ignore list. Then you don't have to listen to his BS anymore.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

can't wait for obligatory mango wasnt trying post by mango and friends

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
how do people take mike swaggar's posts so offensively? he's the ****ing best
Here we have an intelligent man.
I wouldn't really find it offensive, but then again it's hard to offend someone who's not insecure and self-conscious about his nationality.

Also pro-tip: Put MikeHaggar on your ignore list. Then you don't have to listen to his BS anymore.
Goddamn you suck. No wonder you're danish.

MaNg0

Smash Hero

and after all that I still don't think ur better then me

I know the truth

and anyone whos played me for more then 1 hour knows

bruh

V-K

Smash Ace

It's coming back.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Armada sounds like he needs nuclear energy more than fire at this point. I don't think trash talk is even going to affect him since that's like a little kid saying he's going to beat you up and you're a professional MMA fighter. It's cute, but it's worth laughing off.

He needs a real contender who makes him look like he has to go back to the drawing board for smash.

Engo

Smash Ace
I don't think Armada retiring has anything to do with him not being challenged. It's just that he is losing motivation for one reason or another. He's been playing the game for 7 years and has accomplished all his goals, it's normal to not feel the same drive to practice and compete.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

Owned

also Armada isn't coming back, don't be silly people. This guy is clearly determined in whatever he decides.

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
tournaments are a bad measure of skill IMO

we should just have the TO play an hour of friendlies with each player and give $3000 to whoever he thinks is the best

Top Bottom