• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaining Characters Unlockable Through Wii U Transfer

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Sakurai is adamantly against both DLC and the Big 3. It ain't happening.
Sakurai was adamantly against a number of things that he put into this game and has admitted doing so. Like Pac Man. It's probably happening.

espio87

Smash Ace
Sakurai was adamantly against a number of things that he put into this game and has admitted doing so. Like Pac Man. It's probably happening.
Agreed. Sakurai may be the director and creator of Smash but he doesn't have the final word on everything about it. If Iwata wants to add DLC or any content that emphasises conectivity between both systems and boost wii u sales, Sakurai can't refuse just like that.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I think that it would be fair if you unlocked those characters by connecting the two versions but also adding them as paid DLC. It's a bonus for those who have both, but available to those who don't have both.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
i feel like if this could happen then the DLC would be 15$ or people who have both versions will get the DLC VERY EARLY, AND for the people who only have one version without the other will get it like 4 months later and get it for free.

lets hope Ridley will be playable.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Let me remind you that many trophies have been found, if not all.... Wolf, Dixie, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Chrous men, MewTwo, Ivysaur, etc.... But we have no Ridley... He could very well be included in a free DLC later on with others, perhaps even some of the "deconfirmed" trophies.

Adding on to this, "Nintendo would never do DLC for free...!"... Mario Kart Mercedez Benz, enough said. If they wanted the 3ds to get a character update the first day of Wii U release, do you REALLY think they wouldn't take the opportunity to hype more people into buying the game?

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
This is how the argument goes if it got confused:

1. If the Wii U links to the 3DS version to unlock further characters, the characters have already been planned from the start
2. Characters that are playable do not get 'normal trophies'
3. As such planned playable characters at release, that is, these 'transfer characters', would not have normal trophies, but instead the ones won through game modes, like the others
4. As such if a well known, and potentially expected playable character has no trophy in the 3DS version, they may well be unlocked through such a system

Again, if it comes down to DLC, it could be anyone, because they may not have been planned at the time. That includes assist trophies, stage hazard and such, as well as 'normal trophies', but of course this thread is the Wii U transfer argument.

Hope that helps.
Again for numbers two+, WHERE DID ANYNYONE THATS NOT A FAN SAY ANY OF THIS. The trophy thing was just a lose fan theory, a VERRY lose fan theory that basically has no grounds seeing as though we do have several wii fit trainer trophies and back in brawl (brawl or melee I forget which one at the moment) where we had the Falco trophy that had his command design. So why in the world would having a single trophy of say Mewtwo of wolf, having designs we have never seen mind you, so even if you argue at that point we don't know anything about the included designs if they are characters.

As of this moment , weather you like it of not, all characters that are trophies are not off the table yet. That also gives me good reason to believe that the ones on the leak have the most chance because as of this moment to my knowledge none have bean shown off as any moving elements in game that would fully prevent them from being in.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
I have a Wii U so this sounds like a good idea to me lol I've been saying Dixie should be in smash sense Brawl. She's been around way longer then some of these other characters, and impotent to her franchise

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I'm still waiting for everyone who keeps saying Sakurai is against DLC to show a more recent interview than the one I posted yesterday where he says just that...

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Sakurai said he's ONLY against DLC while he's still working on the games, but that after they're out that he would take it into consideration.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This must be the worst community for Chinese Whispering the dev's comments of all time.

Sakurai says that he's not going to worry about DLC until after the game's done and suddenly everyone manipulates it into saying he hates DLC and will never do it.

Christ.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Which interview is this?
The one everyone is referencing is linked to one page back - Sakurai said he wasn't planning on doing DLC and was focusing on finishing the main game (last year) but that he would consider it after the game launches. Somehow some people apparently took that to mean Sakurai hates DLC and will never utilize it.

Unless of course those people have another interview from more recently where he stated his disdain for DLC...but they have been pretty quiet since yesterday so...

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Sakurai is not the only person who makes decision for Smash. It is completely unrealistic to think one man makes all decisions for a game this big.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Mewtwo? Did you say Mewtwo could still be in the game?

MY BODY IS READY!
In all seriousness, this sounds like a super-epic deal. Then again, I already own a 3DS and Wii U, so my opinion's a little biased. But, regardless, if there's a chance for Mewtwo, then bring it on! It sorta makes sense, considering all previous Smash games had a perfect rectangle instead of weird pyramid.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Well, if there are any characters unlocked through this or any other method, unfortunately it won't be the Ice Climbers, they were deemed "low priority" :(

Last edited:

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet
Lucas,Wolf,Mewtwo and Snake.

It will be a pretty bad move if he let the hype die during those 2-3 month. Adding 2 popular "cuts", a VERY requested Melee vet, and a 3rd party(If Sonic is back, there's no reason for Snake to be cut, for Brawl Kojima just had to ask.) could maintain the hype at maximum level.

I don't see a newcomer though, even if only 4 unlockable newcomer (including 2 shameless clones) seems pretty light. But I could be wrong, and if I am, it would just skyrocket the Hypemeter which is gooooood.

And at this point, I could totally see the IC as WiiU exclusives, or even available for the New 3DS.

If I'm wrong, they'll reappear as DLC, with or without Classic/AllStar unlockable trophies that's for sure.

I'm not worried for them, especially Wolf and Lucas.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Lucas,Wolf,Mewtwo and Snake.

It will be a pretty bad move if he let the hype die during those 2-3 month. Adding 2 popular "cuts", a VERY requested Melee vet, and a 3rd party(If Sonic is back, there's no reason for Snake to be cut, for Brawl Kojima just had to ask.) could maintain the hype at maximum level.

I don't see a newcomer though, even if only 4 unlockable newcomer (including 2 shameless clones) seems pretty light. But I could be wrong, and if I am, it would just skyrocket the Hypemeter which is gooooood.

And at this point, I could totally see the IC as WiiU exclusives, or even available for the New 3DS.

If I'm wrong, they'll reappear as DLC, with or without Classic/AllStar unlockable trophies that's for sure.

I'm not worried for them, especially Wolf and Lucas.
A little thing about is that they didn't work on the 3ds version of the game and the big man himself said that BOTH games will have the same roster so I don't see IC coming back at all. They might come back in smash 6.

Snake is from a 3rd party game and he had very little games on nintendo systems. So they might have made him very low priority or he was plan to not come back at all.

This might have been just me but I feel Snake doesn't fit the smash bros universe at all.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I can't believe the straw grasping. Remember how there was no possible way that the melee roster was final? Not with all those clones! Remember how it was just completely irrational to believe the brawl leak? That Wolf model looks like somebody made it in three seconds on Photoshop! No WAY that Ridley, Krystal, Mewtwo and K Rool are left off. This aint the full roster.

I think it's fair to say people never learn. When has Sakurai ever not disappointed? Every time a new game comes, the roster gets leaked and people hate it so much that they keep straw grasping and convincing themselves there HAS to be something more. No way it's left as it is.

Quite frankly, this roster is exactly what we should have accepted from Sakurai. Sure, this roster is ass rolled in balls smothered in vomit and deep fried in fat-man-face-oil. But that doesn't change the fact that it's final. That doesn't change the fact that Sakurai's rosters ALWAYS disappoint initially. People are clamoring for Wolf and Lucas now. When Brawl's roster was leaked it was "How the HELL did Sakurai include Wolf and Lucas while leaving out Krystal an Ridley??? There has to be DLC coming".

People are making the same mistake again. It would have been easy to include the Forbidden 7 as DLC. But no. So what makes anybody think Sakurai will go against his firm stance of "never dlc" and include the Hype 3 or anybody else? Sakurai knows damn well how highly demanded the Hype 3 are. Him ignoring this shows one thing: they don't appeal to his personal taste. I don't understand why people don't just accept that the director of our favorite series is a weird ass dude, and he simply doesn't have the same opinions on what makes a roster great that the majority tends to have.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I can't believe the straw grasping. Remember how there was no possible way that the melee roster was final? Not with all those clones! Remember how it was just completely irrational to believe the brawl leak? That Wolf model looks like somebody made it in three seconds on Photoshop! No WAY that Ridley, Krystal, Mewtwo and K Rool are left off. This aint the full roster.

I think it's fair to say people never learn. When has Sakurai ever not disappointed? Every time a new game comes, the roster gets leaked and people hate it so much that they keep straw grasping and convincing themselves there HAS to be something more. No way it's left as it is.

Quite frankly, this roster is exactly what we should have accepted from Sakurai. Sure, this roster is *** rolled in balls smothered in vomit and deep fried in fat-man-face-oil. But that doesn't change the fact that it's final. That doesn't change the fact that Sakurai's rosters ALWAYS disappoint initially. People are clamoring for Wolf and Lucas now. When Brawl's roster was leaked it was "How the HELL did Sakurai include Wolf and Lucas while leaving out Krystal an Ridley??? There has to be DLC coming".

People are making the same mistake again. It would have been easy to include the Forbidden 7 as DLC. But no. So what makes anybody think Sakurai will go against his firm stance of "never dlc" and include the Hype 3 or anybody else? Sakurai knows damn well how highly demanded the Hype 3 are. Him ignoring this shows one thing: they don't appeal to his personal taste. I don't understand why people don't just accept that the director of our favorite series is a weird *** dude, and he simply doesn't have the same opinions on what makes a roster great that the majority tends to have.
Sakurai has never said he was against dlc, just that he wouldn't work on it while the games are still being made. Please do some correct reading first.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Technically the Mii Fighters still take up a slot when customs are on so fitting all the characters into one screen would really only mean the possibility of three characters even IF this Wii U transfer thing turns out to be real.

My only problem with that is it alienates the people who don't want a Wii U (Or 3DS). If they released the characters as say free DLC when the Wii U version hits the shelves, I guess I could see that, but I just can't see the connectivity thing when the rosters of both versions are supposed to be the same so no version feels inferior to the other.

If characters are version exclusive or locked until a transfer occurs, that goes against the idea of both version having the same roster when a good percentage of people will not have both versions. As many people have suggested, the DLC could fix that, but making it paid DLC would not work since again: that would prevent people from playing the full roster on both versions.

The only way I can see this working is if the 3 characters are Patched/DLC for the 3DS a few days or a week after the launch of the Wii U version.

If that's the Case, I'm hoping/thinking (Yeah the trophy leak has me wondering but not entirely convinced, mostly hoping) that it will be Ridley and Isaac with I think it was Dixie? that'd be pretty cool.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
You guys, I bring to you a daily reminder, that was once a part of the Mewtwo thread, but I feel it has some relevance here. Spoil yourself at your own peril enlightenment.

HAUGHTY, STILL POSSIBLE MEWTWO LAUGHS AT PETTY NONBELIEVERS!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You guys, I bring to you a daily reminder, that was once a part of the Mewtwo thread, but I feel it has some relevance here. Spoil yourself at your own peril enlightenment.

HAUGHTY, STILL POSSIBLE MEWTWO LAUGHS AT PETTY NONBELIEVERS!
That should have been what Mega Mewtwo X looked like.

Hyena

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-4422-5427
Anything that brings a glimmer of hope to Mewtwo is welcome in my book. This also seems really plausible. No one could design the 3DS version to have a roster that doesn't fill the screen. So... incomplete looking.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
This must be the worst community for Chinese Whispering the dev's comments of all time.

Sakurai says that he's not going to worry about DLC until after the game's done and suddenly everyone manipulates it into saying he hates DLC and will never do it.

Christ.
I wish it was possible to like a post multiple times. A thousand of likes would still not be enough for this. Seriously, it pisses me off when people twist everything Sakurai says. What is up with that?

I remember 2 years ago people convinced themselves that Smash Bros 4 would have a smaller roster than Brawl because of the roster comment... like really? :laugh:

Last edited:

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
So much angry about the roster just because 2-3 wanted characters aren't in, it's ok to be disappointed but you'd think someone had died with the way people are reacting. Chances are you'll all buy Sm4sh either way, so let's just hug it out and move on.
The problem is, we ARE going to buy it anyways even after that fact that a large portion of the community made it pretty f****ing clear who our most requested characters are. Mewtwo and Ridley not being playable is a slap in the face, and fans have every right to be bitter about it. We love Smash, of course we're going to buy it. But it's like our voices aren't being heard, so people are getting mad about it. At the end of the day I'm satisfied with the final roster, and we should all be excited to get our hands on this game in just a couple weeks!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wish it was possible to like a post multiple times. A thousand of likes would still not be enough for this. Seriously, it pisses me off when people twist everything Sakurai says. What is up with that?

I remember 2 years ago people convinced themselves that Smash Bros 4 would have a smaller roster than Brawl because of the roster comment... like really? :laugh:
What happens is you get the odd idiot who posts it. And then the uninformed read it and it spreads.

It's the worst thing about being part of any video game community such as this.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think that it would be fair if you unlocked those characters by connecting the two versions but also adding them as paid DLC. It's a bonus for those who have both, but available to those who don't have both.
Pretty much this, it's a good compromise, if you're getting the Wii-U version you're getting bonus characters, if not, then you can get said bonus characters at a cheaper price.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
The problem is, we ARE going to buy it anyways even after that fact that a large portion of the community made it pretty f****ing clear who our most requested characters are. Mewtwo and Ridley not being playable is a slap in the face, and fans have every right to be bitter about it. We love Smash, of course we're going to buy it. But it's like our voices aren't being heard, so people are getting mad about it. At the end of the day I'm satisfied with the final roster, and we should all be excited to get our hands on this game in just a couple weeks!
"Slap in the face"?

It's like people think this is a fan-created game/mod like P:M. Just because a character is the "most requested" by the hardcore faction of the community, it shouldn't guarantee any character's spot in a roster. In fact, if this was how the game's roster was built I think the game overall would suffer for it. Yes, people can obviously be bitter that their favorite character isn't in, but it seems a bit stupid to take that to a level where you're essentially saying Sakurai saw the most-wanteds list, said "fk u scrubs i do what i want", then put in Doc and DPit just to spite people.

The truth is, your voices probably aren't being heard. But go ahead, scream even louder. That's obviously been working out pretty well for you guys so far, right?

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Ok guys, this is probably one of the biggest debates... I have seen alot of people who believe and also many who do not, so here's my opinion on this.

1st: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153
So, everyone probably might say, "Oh c'mon, you've lost already, the full roster was released and you have no proof"
I say this guy does not seem completely wrong, if he was doing this for attention, well his choice of words would probably be different... Also, if his friend sees moving animations of the characters, that DOES NOT mean that they are in the game, maybe they were planned to be in the game but couldn't make it because of 3ds limits (Like the ice climbers)

2nd: I've seen a video by EWNetwork about ridley, seems true... but this video is what really got me mixed up... what do you guys think?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
That dude's post was later confirmed to be speculatory hearsay where even his source didn't know what the connectivity feature did. If you read further into the thread, that is.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Slap in the face? Really that's a bit hash. Although reading all these comments from "fans" has given me enjoyment from Ridleys and Mewtwo's exclusion.
Anyway more on topic, I think any talk about extra characters being in the Wii U version or added as DLC is just straw grasping until thete isany official word from Nintendo about it.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Oh yeah, just in case anyone's feeling incredibly pessimistic about the "final" characters being in or not, know that even though this doesn't confirm that they're in, it also means that they aren't completely deconfirmed for the time being, meaning that they still have a chance, regardless of how small, and regardless of what argument you throw at it, as one can only provide evidence, but not 100% undeniable proof either way.

This was taken from my post in the Mewtwo thread, but can apply to other wanted characters as well.

CryoGX said:
To those saying that Mewtwo is completely deconfirmed, it's not. Mewtwo still has somewhat of a chance, and it's absolutely your choice whether or not you ride on this glimmer of hope until the end or give up early.

Zipzo said:
I didn't troll.
Both your and Neo Zero's sources (if they weren't the same) probably weren't trolling us either; I wouldn't see much of a reason for people to utterly mess with others like that, especially if they've been correct in this case. Couple that with the DLC/crosslinking thing, and they've definitely still got some validity.

They were sure that Mewtwo would be in; to everyone else, they didn't necessarily dictate when Mewtwo would be in. We've assumed the entire time that "we'd all know the full roster before the 3DS version released". This means that there's still the chance that the sources are correct and no one has trolled us (besides Sakurai, of course) whatsoever and everyone is simply jumping the gun. It's probably a chaos befitting of Sakurai's confusion.

Again, you guys, it's not over yet; it's your choice whether to concede now or hold out a bit longer.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
That dude's post was later confirmed to be speculatory hearsay where even his source didn't know what the connectivity feature did. If you read further into the thread, that is.
If that is true well then I think our tiny little light at the end of the tunnel is becoming dimmer. =|

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, just in case anyone's feeling incredibly pessimistic about the "final" characters being in or not, know that even though this doesn't confirm that they're in, it also means that they aren't completely deconfirmed for the time being, meaning that they still have a chance, regardless of how small, and regardless of what argument you throw at it, as one can only provide evidence, but not 100% undeniable proof either way.

This was taken from my post in the Mewtwo thread, but can apply to other wanted characters as well.
DLC is practically a guarantee at this point. And it's fairly obvious that trophies don't rule out anyone. It's not an in game role like that of an AT, or stage hazard or Final Smash (Chrom).

Mewtwo for sure is at the top end of likely candidates.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
DLC is practically a guarantee at this point. And it's fairly obvious that trophies don't rule out anyone. It's not an in game role like that of an AT, or stage hazard or Final Smash (Chrom).

Mewtwo for sure is at the top end of likely candidates.
If it's something already planned, standard trophies should be considered pretty much ruling a character out. For DLC in general once both games have released though, I don't think anyone is off limits, that includes Chrom, Toad, Waluigi, Takamaru and such.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Given his original post is on page 284 and I didn't see what you are referencing after looking up to page 300...I'm going to just ask you for more details on what was actually said. The crux of the guy's argument is that his friend had seen working models of certain characters not yet playable - if you're saying he speculated on how they would be added then I think you're right that he admitted that.

I mean it won't bug me one way or the other if this is false, but a lot of "leaks" have had the characters mentioned in the roster. And it didn't seem like the guy was trying to troll to me.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If it's something already planned, standard trophies should be considered pretty much ruling a character out. For DLC in general once both games have released though, I don't think anyone is off limits, that includes Chrom, Toad, Waluigi, Takamaru and such.
I don't see why they would. Sakurai clearly likes having secrets. Having characters like Dixie, Mewtwo etc without trophies would strongly suggest which characters will and won't be DLC.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I've heard that you can simply buy some character trophies from the shop that have alternate poses from their classic mode counterparts. I saw a Samus one like this.

With that being said, just because Mewtwo has a trophy in the game doesn't mean that that cancels out all chances of it being in the game; there's still that chance of it having a unique Classic mode trophy that differs from the one we've already seen.

As I said before, all either side can do at this point is provide evidence; no one can actually confirm/deconfirm anything until we get some final information.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I've heard that you can simply buy some character trophies from the shop that have alternate poses from their classic mode counterparts. I saw a Samus one like this.

With that being said, just because Mewtwo has a trophy in the game doesn't mean that that cancels out all chances of it being in the game; there's still that chance of it having a unique Classic mode trophy that differs from the one we've already seen.

As I said before, all either side can do at this point is provide evidence; no one can actually confirm/deconfirm anything until we get some final information.
If only more people understood that, we would all be much happier.

At this point I'm pretty sure we'll get more stuff for the game, whether it's by connecting both versions or by purchasing DLC, or by free SpotPass updates. What I'm not sure is WHAT exactly we'll get. I'm thinking mainly characters, stages, items and, maybe, trophies.

Top Bottom