• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Yeah I know, we haven't even gotten a screenshot in who knows how long. I'm really excited for the concept but my hype for the project has been dying exponentially.

ProfMak

Smash Rookie
I find it hard to believe that you guys are actually giving sh*t to people who are trying to give you a product for FREE

You don't gotta do sh*t for this but wait. The builders probably have full time jobs, lives outside of this.

Sure we're all getting antsy cuz this concept is sick

Ain't no reason to b*tch.

If we really want progress, we'd start a fund to allow people to work on this project full time. Otherwise, there's nothing to do but wait.

I'm at least hyped that 64 scene is getting big enough to allow this kind of interest in a project like this

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
That's true but it's not hard to press PrntScr and Ctrl + V to upload a simple screenshot of whatever could be working on. Just because it's free doesn't exempt it from criticism.

Iceman404

Smash Rookie
There is nothing anyone can say to make me believe 2 years can't amount to at least 15 seconds of gameplay footage. lol

DJfour7

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJfour7
For characters that don't already have N64-style models, I've found a way to still have them. And it's been in Brawlbox all along, even though I'm too ****ty at 3D modeling right now to help you guys as much as I'd like. Hiding the noobish terrible texture mapping and all that, here's ZSS:

it's simple. It's the 3D model for shadows, it's low-poly and on-point. If someone more experienced than myself were to texture this (I'm really, really out of my league trying to do anything 3D as my area of expertise is 2D right now), it would be the perfect model for her in this project.

The same goes for almost every other character that doesn't have an N64 model to correspond with.

Cheers!
Good Idea!

I'm actually working on Lucas right now using your method in blender, and it's turning out pretty good so far!
(The only problem I'm having right now is that the entire body of them is one object, but that will be fixed soon.)

I'm thinking that every character has their default colors and then with the magic of cBliss they all get alts for their classic smash 64 design

Last edited:

DJfour7

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJfour7
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30610
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24028 (I'm assuming you'd want the custom platforms version.)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22800 (Yes, this may be a Melee Stage, but it still fits due to Majora)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25125
(Couldn't find a Kirby 64 stage aside from a vBrawl Norfair retexture)
Personally, I think that one of bowser's stadiums (preferably the second one) from mario 64 would be better than the wing cap tower because you could have bowser in the background stomping on the ground occasionally to tilt the stage and have the spiked bombs on the side. But the wing cap tower would still be cool.

~Fusion~

Smash Rookie
I just stumbled across this and think it's a pretty cool idea. Just wondering since I didn't see it in the main post, if there was any gameplay footage I could watch?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Here's some footage that's been around-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0J5ZLk6C2k
Hi, I really like the idea of this mod. I'd like to help in some ways. I'm not an experienced coder or texturer, but I did make a strap screen and CSS icons for this.
Strap Screen-

I actually made the CSS icons for the entire roster. Here's an album with the original 12 and the random icon-
http://imgur.com/a/DFYQI

Last edited:

TeddyRoseKidd

Smash Cadet
stumbled across this a year ago. Just a question? Is this still in production or is it dead. Just wondering.

NAMQ

Smash Rookie
The PSA info for 64 in the picture says frame 5, so in PSA it should be 4, as Asynchframe 0 = frame 1, Asynchframe 5 = frame 6

Just stating this, a simple fix for the frame data.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
You have probably been asked this before, but will this mod need a 2GB SD card and will in work in conjuction with all the controller types?
I know I'm not a team member, but i'm sure, as all brawl mods do, you can use a 2gb sd to load through the hackles method, or use an SD or USB of any size to load through homebrew, and I don't think there's a way to stop certain controller types.
Edit: To avoid double post
I noticed there's a lot about Bizozzeron's Smash 64 models, I made recolors and renders for them based on their artwork-
http://imgur.com/a/e3BLc
I also have them in CSP format

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I know I'm not a team member, but i'm sure, as all brawl mods do, you can use a 2gb sd to load through the hackles method, or use an SD or USB of any size to load through homebrew, and I don't think there's a way to stop certain controller types.
I noticed there's a lot about Bizozzeron's Smash 64 models, I made recolors and renders for them based on their artwork-
Nice.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Lol link recolors

I actually made some a looong time ago and forgot to post them

But yeah, Fox's eyes arent like that anymore, I fixed them to match how they appear ingame in 64 instead of the artwork because it just looks better

Fox should be 75% converted by the end of August (the other 25% is animation stuff I'd have to redo), but I decided to just wait until I go back to college the 18th before I resume work on him because I currently have a full time job so work johns :c

Edit: Also pls pm me your email, these renders are too good not to add you to r64 team slack if you want to join

Attachments

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Lol link recolors

I actually made some a looong time ago and forgot to post them

But yeah, Fox's eyes arent like that anymore, I fixed them to match how they appear ingame in 64 instead of the artwork because it just looks better

Fox should be 75% converted by the end of August (the other 25% is animation stuff I'd have to redo), but I decided to just wait until I go back to college the 18th before I resume work on him because I currently have a full time job so work johns :c

Edit: Also pls pm me your email, these renders are too good not to add you to r64 team slack if you want to join
I'd be honored to be a R64DT member, I'll send you the files later, I'm off to a tournament right now, sending via iPhone.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Sadly no. :/ All I can do is ****ty audio work. You can get into touch with @ Mansta Mansta if you need any of that stuff done, he's really good at it it seems.
PSA isint really all that hard to learn, if you're interested in helping out with this i'd be willing to teach you how to use it

If @ Mansta Mansta wants to help he's welcome to join too, we need all the psa help we cant get right now

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Sadly no. :/ All I can do is ****ty audio work. You can get into touch with @ Mansta Mansta if you need any of that stuff done, he's really good at it it seems.
PSA isint really all that hard to learn, if you're interested in helping out with this i'd be willing to teach you how to use it

If @ Mansta Mansta wants to help he's welcome to join too, we need all the psa help we cant get right now
wut I don't do PSA work at all, I only do model imports. Sax I think you were referring to @Draco_The he's the one working on Gray Fox and Geno right now, he's probably busy.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
EVERY TIME I TRY TO HELP I JUST **** EVERYTHING UP

To be honest I'm 100% focused on audio things or else I would. I'll see if a friend would be interested though.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I kinda have to ask, what's the criteria for updated stage designs? It seems a lot of the updates seem to be forgoing the original elements of the stages in favor of more homogenized versions. I already raised my concerns with this before (not gonna dig up my post where I posted about Saffron in particular), but, for example, Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle are listed as having significant overhauls. What does that entail, exactly? And will these stages even at all resemble the originals beyond superficial aesthetic details?

In particular, I'm a bit worried that the project seems to be running under the assumption that any shift in the usual stage dynamics is inherently uncompetitive. I went ahead and drew another one of my little doodles here:

In my mind, this version would have similar proportions to the original but with the removal of the leftmost portion of the stage, the center base being reduced in length and the right base being increased in length so that the center and right bases are roughly identical in length. The platforms are arranged in the traditional triangle layout, with the bottom right being the combo tent of course. And, obviously, no tornado.

It's just a rough draft of course, but I designed this in a way to attempt to preserve some of the original gameplay while addressing some of the reasons the stage isn't considered competitive in its base state. I'm not asking this version to be used but it's more there to illustrate my point.

Sorry for being so pushy about this, but I'm a bit of a stage guy and I like stages with fun layouts while still allowing for competitive, non-degenerate gameplay. Smash 64 had some of my favorite stage dynamics in the series and I think most of them could be reworked into more competitive forms, rather than dropped entirely.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think all of the legal stages should stay the same. Why make competitive versions of stages that were already legal in smash 64?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
We havent even touched stages yet lol. All we're doing atm is trying to get the main 12 converted (There may be a few tweaks though), and just getting a build working.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
@ Gene Gene Well, IIRC, Peach's is counterpick-only, if Kongo is run it's usually ONLY in doubles, and Hyrule was banned sometime last year. The Japanese community only runs Dream Land, so their list is even more restrictive. I think as far as Peach's Castle is concerned simply added ledges you can grab and possibly removing the bumper and ramps (personally I think they're a non-issue if teching is removed) the stage should be fine.

@ PlateProp PlateProp I'm going off the information in the first couple of posts, where at least Saffron City has a picture of its competitive design and all the other stages had some sort of tentative information regarding rebalancing (making Yoshi's even larger...what?). I'm just offering some input based on that.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
@ Gene Gene Well, IIRC, Peach's is counterpick-only, if Kongo is run it's usually ONLY in doubles, and Hyrule was banned sometime last year. The Japanese community only runs Dream Land, so their list is even more restrictive. I think as far as Peach's Castle is concerned simply added ledges you can grab and possibly removing the bumper and ramps (personally I think they're a non-issue if teching is removed) the stage should be fine.

@ PlateProp PlateProp I'm going off the information in the first couple of posts, where at least Saffron City has a picture of its competitive design and all the other stages had some sort of tentative information regarding rebalancing (making Yoshi's even larger...what?). I'm just offering some input based on that.
That's...a good point. Please excuse my ignorance.:4wario2:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Will this use its own folder like Project M or will it use the Private folder like Brawl+ or Brawl-?

Last edited:
Top Bottom