• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ready to Brawl, *****es

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hell yes.

Ice Climbers

The one in blue is Popo. The one in pink is Nana. And the two of them get along great! ...I think.

These two move as a pair, with Nana automatically following along. There’s safety in numbers—protect and be protected!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You know, I never realized how much I really liked the IC's until I learned that they were back. I flailed around so much I almost hit my roommate in the face.

They look so awesome. And it looks like they have a new taunt.

I promise you all, I will do my very best to be in the forefront of making these guys top tier. Or at least ban-worth ;)

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
YAY!! ICs are back!!! This was definitely a surprise, I'd pretty much given up all hope that they'd return. This made my day.

I wonder how much the Nana AI has improved?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't care if she's smarter or dumber as long as she's consistent. The major problem with her now is that sometimes she outplays even really good players, and sometimes she stands on the other side of the stage waiting for you to lose. Her AI is unpredictably random. That gives people some degree of credibility in arguing that the character is unfair.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
W00t

Wait does this mean you can now attack people by jumping on them Mario style? Because that would lead to some RIDICULOUS mindgames.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
yea lix in brawl jumping off a persons head allows you to bounce higher off them (circa NES marios) and if its in mid-air it meteor smashes em too.

can we say desynch bounce combos??? the 'POPOLINE' perhaps??? orly?

if in 3 months we start calling it the 'popoline' i want credit for that. :)

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
This update out a smile on my face :)

To all the people that said there wouldn't be ICs in brawl...what now *****es, what now?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I don't care if she's smarter or dumber as long as she's consistent. The major problem with her now is that sometimes she outplays even really good players, and sometimes she stands on the other side of the stage waiting for you to lose. Her AI is unpredictably random. That gives people some degree of credibility in arguing that the character is unfair.
Solo Nana for top tier!

dj asakura

Smash Ace
You know those moments where you're insanely happy and giddy and you have to do all you can not to smile and gigle and laugh a lot cause your in a public place.

yea...i just aboust screamed...**** yes, IC's are in brawl

together, we'll all make them the best there ever was

Zjiin

Smash Master
I was already done convincing myself they weren't making it back.
Wow. This just made my next 7 years.

No update will ever beat this.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
I was already done convincing myself they weren't making it back.
Wow. This just made my next 7 years.

No update will ever beat this.

Agreed. Now off to ponder all the new wacked out desyncs that will be in brawl ^_^

dj asakura

Smash Ace
seriously, i'm pretty much set till the game comes out now. all we need is their moveset and their final smash and i won't need any other update at all

wow, i havent been so happy in a long time

can't wait for a new avatar and new sig, haha

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
the best new from dojo...

the second pic shows something interesting..probably they continue with the desynch, cause popo is using the blizzard and nana is just preparing her blizzard, so they continue with the lag with one atk to other...so i think desynch is in

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Word. This is indeed good news. Now we can start thinking of new IC tricksies... desynched footstool infinite you say?! Preposterous!

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
*waits eagerly for a new generation of incredibly flashy and fun, yet completely useless desynchs*

nanapult + popoline ftw.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
woooooooooooo!!!!

i'm so happy. NANA IS STILL THE NUMBER ONE FEMALE CHARACTER IN THE GAME.

samus, peach, zelda.... eat your hearts out.

Binx

Smash Master
Word. This is indeed good news. Now we can start thinking of new IC tricksies... desynched footstool infinite you say?! Preposterous!
Rofl, good idea, wow dthrow footstool regrabs. Too **** good.

If this works we have an infinite vs all chars again.

If this works Im claiming it now as the Binx CG

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i claim dthrow dair dair fsmash/dsmash to be choknater combo.

of course, it always was :p

psicicle

Smash Ace
cream in pants!!!

Sorry I spilled some whipped cream fro my ice cream from my CELEBRATION PARTY

which oesnt exist because I just found out...

woot

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice

whoaa....that can be reaaaalllyyy funny

hope this works

Buddha

Smash Apprentice

the footstool pops a character up bc it meteor smashes them down in mid-air (or so i assume since the game isnt out yet duh)... much like CF's stomp. so the cg might not be as easy as you think--u would have to grab them in the lag of nana footstooling them. completely possible of course just requires more timing.

i also realized my patented 'popoline' probably isnt possible either cus u prob cant footstool ur own nana with popo. but if you cannnnnn..... that would be teh sex :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Also, since the footstool jump pops them up, that means there would be a lot of lag between reiterations of the CG. Nana would have to come all the way down before you could re-do it, and that would give them time to wiggle out.

And, like the f-air spiking chaingrab, it will let the opponent tech at a higher percent--assuming meteor smashes work the same way. But it will probably be viable at low percent XD

I'm getting giddy.

Top Bottom