• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reaction to Pac-Man

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It's from Troll 2, one of the most notoriously bad movies in the pantheon. Very low budget movie that was titled as a sequel to Troll, even though it had nothing to do with the original. The "Oh my God" scene has been a popular meme on the internet for the better part of a decade.
I wonder if it is a movie so bad it makes you laugh or so bad it makes you regret watching it. Can't stop watching the youtube video XD

Also, I love Pacman now. Watching the trailer a few more times made me love him more now. Can't wait to try him out. Nintendo keeps trolling me with these characters that I didn't think were gonna make it, but end up making it anyways.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I never wanted Pac-Man in this game. So, I'm disappointed.

Also, This is just my own opinion, so I have no intention of starting a flame war.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
PACMANNNN!! HNNNRRGG!

I then proceeded to doing the worm on my bedroom floor and cried tears of joy. So happy! The trailer only proved my assumption that pacman would have an awesome moveset. The pacman arguments are finally over guys.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
That was really subtle. Just, no hesitation from the twitter. Immediate, first thing they say is Pac-Man joins the battle. Astonishing. Won't even ease into it. I'm up for that. Maybe tomorrow we could get some veterans?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My reaction was "Puk Yeah!"

Actually, at first it was like "Oh, I knew he'd make it"

Then it was "Puk Yeah!"

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Oh man, no... But, to be honest, it was kinda expected-
Wait! What? He looks alright? Pac-World design? Nice. Now for the trailer.
*watch* Hmm...
Ok. He looks nice. Wow. The developers are really creative.

This game is so gonna be bought. BOTH versions. AND a Wii U (I wanted to get one anyway for Mario Kart and 3D World).

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
My avatars origins and my avatars expression explains it all.

I am deeply say but I'm not hating Pac Man. His inclusion was obvious to me and I suppose I was just holding onto hope for as long as I can before the dreaded trailer unveiled its acursed face.
I was never excited about Pauletina. She seems like just another Zelda with slightly different movesets. Also Kid Icarus is not that huge of a series yet.

Hoping for King K. Rool or at least Dixie Kong.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
At first it was I KNEW IT!

But then when i saw they used his pac-man world design instead of the new one and having a great moveset

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I died inside about a trillion times over. And that is not nearly enough to express my grieving.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Eh.

In the interest of fairness I might play with him once or twice to see if he fits my playstyle. I swear Sakurai has taken more care with newcomers than with veteran improvements. (Barring maybe Link.)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Eh, I wasn't surprised honestly. What bothered me was why reveal him during the round table when it could've created hype at invitational?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I knew once I saw the colour representation in the trailer, and I spent the next few seconds just hoping he would have his Pac-Man World 2 look. Lone behold! He did. I'm so glad they went with that one over his newer looks.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
His trailer was extremely underwhelming. The color thing was just kind of lame when compared to the cool intros other characters got.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I liked his trailer. Didn't give me goosebumps like Mega Man, Palutena or Mac, but it was definitely entertaining to watch. His classic look made the deal sweeter.

Sakurai exceeded my expectations (once again.)

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I was following NintendoWorldReport or whatever it's called on my phone, in the middle of a power outage, my phone almost dead, and see "Showing Pacman" and I'm all "OH HELL NO"

And then they said it's Pac-Man World Pac and I was like "OH HELL YES"

And then we got to see him ourselves and I was all "OH HELNIURNHIHnNNHHHHH"

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
As you probably guessed... "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS f*** YEA!!!!!!!"

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
While I supported Pac-Man's inclusion, he wasn't one of my most wanted characters. The surprising part? His reveal excited me far more than Palutena's, a character who I not only supported, but truly expected to be in the game. Perhaps it was because Palutena's reveal trailer was anime garbage (with fanservice to make it worse) or because I know Pac-Man since I was a kid and for nostalgic reasons, his reveal excited more. I don't know, but my reaction was very positive and I was far more excited for his inclusion than I expected.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I wanted Palutena too, but I gotta say I was not so impressed with her gameplay. The fact her customization is unique is pretty cool, though.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
In all honesty I wasn't THAT hyped but I assure you that's only because I was so confident that he'd be in the game that it wasn't that surprising to me when he showed up, same applies to Palutena.

Don't get me wrong though I'm thrilled that these two are in the game, Pac-Man with Mario, Sonic, and Megaman? Come on that's a damn gold mine of a video game, if you thought it was mindblowing for Sonic to be in Brawl, boy this far exceeds that. and Palutena was one of my favorite characters in Kid Icarus Uprising so I'm happy for her too.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
After thinking about it, yeah, Pac-Man's trailer isn't anywhere near as epic as Mega Man's. But oh well, it was still awesome, and I want to play him SO BAD! He will be my one and only main and I will love every minute of it.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who ever doubted Pac-Man is a fool. Their first console was likely an Xbox or Wii. Pac-Man deserves this far more than JRPG swordsman #9.926 or Namco's attempt at a Sonic-esque IP. As for my initial reaction, I was just tearing my hair out wondering which design was going to be used. I felt relieved when I seen him on the Smash site.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
The beginning of this is an amazing reaction

It makes me so incredibly happy that those people responded like that. A roar of excitement. Not a single boo to be heard. Brings a tear to my eye.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Yeah, I do agree with those saying that Pac-Man's trailer wasn't that exciting. I liked it more than Palutena's, though. Maybe I'm biased because I don't like her, but I didn't like the - as @ Reila Reila said - "garbage anime" presentation, as well as the brisk time spent actually demonstrating her moveset.

Little Mac's is still my favorite trailer, but you can bet that I loved seeing Pac-Man's nonetheless. It was just pretty underwhelming, considering every other trailer it's being compared to.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
At first, I was slightly surprised, but then it hit me, and I was like:

aw-****.jpg

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Okay, I knew all along that :4pacman: was going to make it in, I really did, making his appearance in Smash 4 not so surprising to me at all. But what actually surprised me, was that they used the Pac-Man World version of him and I'm really happy about that!

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Reaction: Eating McChicken at McDonald's. Google Q&A info on phone while eating. See Pac-Man revealed. Continue eating sandwich. Uninterested.

Watch reveal trailer later. Change mind. Interested.

True story.

Hey, this story is my 500th post. I'm a Smash Ace now. A clear sign from the gods that I should main Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Also I just wanna say, while I'm just as excited to have Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man in one game, I'm honestly just as excited that Pac-Man can finally fight Kirby, I've always wanted to see those two go at it, two characters whose main gameplay elements is eating, fighting each other, now if only one of the sugar stages from Mario was a stage, that'd be the perfect battlefield for those two, the winner gets to eat the stage.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
To be completely honest. I just told a buddy of mine the day before this was announced that I'd be so upset if they put someone stupid like Pac Man in the game. But then, the next day when I actually saw it and saw how awesome it was to have some of video games most iconic founding characters on one screen fighting each other, I was okay. Plus, Pac Man looks like he could be a lot of fun. I just hope that his inclusion means the exclusion of my boy Falco. lol :falco:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
That double ghost down smash.
I hope it changes between all 4 ghosts and perhaps each has its own damage+effect.

Top Bottom