• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

The sad part is Sakurai will probably never see this hype because of how sheltered Japan can be with stuff like this. I doubt it would affect him but it would be nice for him to recognize the hype he brings.

However Ubisoft and Xander took notice at least so there is some good news

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The sad part is Sakurai will probably never see this hype because of how sheltered Japan can be with stuff like this. I doubt it would affect him but it would be nice for him to recognize the hype he brings.

However Ubisoft and Xander took notice at least so there is some good news
Is Rayman even popular in Japan?

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
oh jeez

You really have to commend the artist of the leak though.. I'm so sorry for you all, that was probably the most convincing fake footage we've ever gotten, like, ever.

I'll support Rayman.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Sometimes I wish Photoshop never was invented, but it can't be helped, can it?

Yeah, I find it ironic that one fake leak has given this thread a new found respect for wanting Rayman in.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ugh, I woke up to this? This is gonna be that kind of day, isn't it?
........ Full points to that guy though. I didn't bother watching the while video but still I'm impressed with the work he put in. Frigging asshole...

Lozjam

Smash Champion
The ray man leak is fake. The guy that maid the fake posted a vid on how he did it.

Wow! I didn't know that considering that there have been countless pages, memes, and even drinking games regarding the fact this is fake! Well done good sir, you have saved the internet! You are following the footsteps of the heroism of Fi, Navi, Roll, by saying redundant information so that you may become a legend!

Last edited:

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
Heres what I think went down: Leaker didnt want so much publicity, probably planned to release video next weekend or so. When Ubisoft announced a statement, he thought he took it too far and published the video early.

I didn't really like Mewtwos render on the leak anyways.

Heroic_SSB

Smash Rookie
I was going to post the link to the vid but it tould me that i could not but youtube look up Rayman Smashified - Making the leak

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sometimes I wish Photoshop never was invented, but it can't be helped, can it?

Yeah, I find it ironic that one fake leak has given this thread a new found respect for wanting Rayman in.
Now... If the Layton thread- no wait that has a lot of people wanting him in
Hell, why not bundle, Rayman, Layton and Phoenix into one package?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh god damn it.

The leak was obviously the most convincing fake ever, but geez. Why do that?

Like, I won't deny the guy's talent. He is an amazing graphics designer. But if that was all he wanted to let us know, he could have just uploaded this video without trying to make it a fake leak.

Now I will never, ever believe a Smash leak ever again. From now on I ignore them.

I hope Ubisoft does approach Nintendo about this and then it really happens. But I doubt it. They probably just want to check if Nintendo went ahead and did do something by themselves.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I was going to post the link to the vid but it tould me that i could not but youtube look up Rayman Smashified - Making the leak
It's not like we actually knew such a video that surfaced around 20 pages ago, We knew nothing of the sort! So let us clutter this thread with redundant information instead of making actual discussion.

So again... I am sad there is no confirmed prospect of DLC yet.......... I really want more characters......... I also really want to see Mewtwo in action. Why is Sakurai all hush hush... Mewtwo is probably going to come out in a month anyway... Why doesn't he show us the progress he and his team have made?

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Add me to the supporters. This whole leak fiasco made me realize how much I would love to see Rayman as a playable character.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Wow. I can't even be mad, (Well, no, that's a lie, my childhoood dream has been crushed mercilessly) that was so well made. That looked BETTER then the legitimate leaks for Smash 4, minus gameplay footage.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
so Rayman fans got trolled from the same guy who trolled every Geno fan and Bomberman fan back in brawl days :ohwell: i still remember the pain that i got before 7 years :c

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Heres what I think went down: Leaker didnt want so much publicity, probably planned to release video next weekend or so. When Ubisoft announced a statement, he thought he took it too far and published the video early.

I didn't really like Mewtwos render on the leak anyways.
Not sure if this is related but the guy who created the fake image of Rayman stated these on his twitter:

"So I just want to officially say I'm really sorry for dashing people's hopes. I didn't see all of this coming. o_o"

and

"By the way, I didn't make that 3DS photo. Props to whoever did that."

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd love to be added to the supporter list.

Dispute the leak deception, its only rekindled my interest in Rayman.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I didn't know drinking games were suddenly memes. Or funny pictures. Huh. Guess I've gotten the definition of meme wrong for years now.

You're kind of slow, aren't you?
I apologize. Cremia came over to my house with a whole keg of Chateau Romani. It makes Ganondorf a little bit tipsy. Mmmmmm Drinking Memes.... They are the best :troll:

Morning do-gooders!
What have I missed? (If I missed anything)
Well I am not exactly a Do-Gooder, but the Rayman Leak is fake, if you haven't already figured that out.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not sure if this is related but the guy who created the fake stated these on his twitter:

"So I just want to officially say I'm really sorry for dashing people's hopes. I didn't see all of this coming. o_o"

and

"By the way, I didn't make that 3DS photo. Props to whoever did that."
Fair enough, I can respect him for at least being civil about it.

And it was a superb job, so kudos to him for that. :3

Top Bottom