• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
New subject guts ; what do you think will happen Tuesday ? Ubisoft said they were going to talk about that leak. Now that it's a known fact it's fake... You expect anything ?
Idk, really. If that is what Ubi themselves is doing on Tuesday, I'm really questioning what is it that was going to be said. If it's just to say that the video is fake, well, too late for that...

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
While I didn't played much of the Rayman games other than an Origins and Legends demo ( though I hoped to get Legends soon), I just want to say that I am sorry on had happened and hope that you will recover from this soon.

At the very least, you get something to talk about if Rayman is confirmed to be in Smash, which I find him pretty likely.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Hmm....you do have a point. Even though the ESRB leak as you say did originate from 4Chan which does raise a bit of credibility, I'm still not entirely convinced that they are reliable. But that's just me unless there are other credible details which I may have missed from 4Chan.
Post above yours.
For messing with our hopes and dreams? Yeah right.
Okay, seriously, calm down. It's a video game. Rayman not being in Smash is not as bad as you make it out to be.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've seen people compare the Rayman situation to Ridley.

People, you don't even know true anguish staring down your face until you've seen Ridley.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Ubisoft will no doubt confirm it is fake.
Or they'll say they love the idea so much they'll talk to Nintendo about it. :troll:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
New subject guts ; what do you think will happen Tuesday ? Ubisoft said they were going to talk about that leak. Now that it's a known fact it's fake... You expect anything ?
I'm probably not going to set my expectations too high. But, I would be surprised if they indeed decided to unveil Rayman as a playable character, at this point.

Last edited:
For those who weren't given the grim reminder of TOS (Thank god I realized that was fake right off the bat because of how illogical it was)

This is a reminder to ALL people that leaks are very rarely true. Without real gameplay it is likely false hope because PEOPLE CAN DO THIS. Do not let bias take control. Yes this was leaning towards being realistic, but it was never confirmed like ESRB was with famitsu. Whether or not you support rayman or are a spectator, take all leaks with a pound of salt, because anything can happen. Jumping to conclusions and not letting things play out leads to rage. IT happened with ridley. It happened with mewtwo. It happened with wolf. It happened again.

Pessimism is a good thing in s=the smash roster business

EDIT Don't get hype over the Ubisoft announcement. It is likely nothing. read above

pessimism

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this isn't the most fun way to start off my day... I wasn't necessarily even a huge Rayman supporter, but just seeing him along with a shop for potential DLC made me excited for him. At least we still got Mewtwo.. But props to this guy. He's a d*** for not telling us he made them when he posted them, but amazing editing skills on his part.

Now I know, that no matter how convincing it may seem, never believe a leak unless it's gameplay.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Alright guys, I'm just as upset (if not more-so) as the rest of you, but we need to keep our heads on straight.

Death threats are completely uncalled for, and you're just making the rest of us look bad. This guy took the time to make a bloody awesome Rayman picture, and while it was a **** move to lead us along, it's nothing to hate the bloke over. Go cool off, play some Smash or Rayman games, or whatever you do to get the good feels. We'll still be going strong in our support.

As for all the haters, would you politely **** off? "Boo hoo, I dislike Rayman/dislike Ubisoft and by association, Rayman, he should never be in Smash and I'm so glad he's not. Now I'm going to laugh at the poor fans." You're all being childish and need to take a lesson in humility. It's a goddamn video game, if Rayman did get in, you could just ignore him if you want to so badly.

If anything, the added publicity of this only adds onto Rayman's trophy appearance. We should continue as normal.
This post wins the thread.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd say the leak maker should be hired for a graphic design job, that was incredibly impressive even if people do consider it "mean"
He's already a graphic designer. Would show off his art all the the time back in the older Smash 4 threads (back in 2011/2), if you haven't forgotten the Klonoa artwork he did a last year. Either way I feel old.

Pretty nice guy actually. Can't say I approve of him making a "leak" but I can definitely say he's a big Rayman fan looking at this.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, that truly was an amazing fake. Poor Rayman supporters!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
it's pretty difficult to fake that CSS selection thing, that's my reasoning
Omni showed that anyone with substantial skill can fake that
You're point in the earlier post was that a majority of people believed it, therefore it was trustworthy
Which is kind of a baseless reason to trust a leak. I'm not denying that it didn't look legit, but the leak was alive for less than a day •.•
My post earlier was trolly, but most here blindly jumped on a wagon just because of minimal evidence, and now people are contemplating death threats

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm making a drinking game out of how many times I see this picture in this thread.

Also, I'm starting to believe the PR guy is getting an answer on Tuesday because he thought the whole "Rayman in Smash" deal was just him being a trophy.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Thing is, no one leaked a moving CSS screen before this, second, my trustworthy thing was me using the wrong words
Ah. Understandable
But I mean cmon, most wanted character or not the leak was alive for less than a day
Why put all your hope in one basket?
Regardless, at the end of the day the leak was disconfirmed, smash is the same game as it was on Thursday. Peeps need to calm down

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I will come back when the smoke slows down,but we boosted our number of supporters ,remember that.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, **** it, put me on the supporters' list.

I'll get behind our limbless friend.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Yeah, **** it, put me on the supporters' list.

I'll get behind our limbless friend.
As a Ridley fan I know how this feels, of course Wintropy does too because he is the same as me in terms of Ridley. We know how it feels to be pissed off over a character and fakeness. SIGN ME UP BABY

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ah. Understandable
But I mean cmon, most wanted character or not the leak was alive for less than a day
Why put all your hope in one basket?
Regardless, at the end of the day the leak was disconfirmed, smash is the same game as it was on Thursday. Peeps need to calm down
If you look back you'd see I was doubting this a few seconds before doomsday, and the amount of people screaming GEMATSU on the first day should say otherwise despite that initially being real. Peeps DO need to caln down, but people aren't THAT salty, only a selective amount

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Seriously, why are the whole Smash 4 social thread members all here???

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im not a supporter but I just wish th best of luck to you all in the future
Seriously, why are the whole Smash 4 social thread members all here???
Because I just wanted to wish eveyone luck and say sorry that they took this too hard. It was a fantastic render he mad that everyone belived in with no proof and I'm super sorry that had to happen

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As a Ridley fan I know how this feels, of course Wintropy does too because he is the same as me in terms of Ridley. We know how it feels to be pissed off over a character and fakeness. SIGN ME UP BABY
wat :3

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , you're a swell guy. Your quick and candid response is a credit to Rayman fans everywhere.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Alright guys, I'm just as upset (if not more-so) as the rest of you, but we need to keep our heads on straight.

Death threats are completely uncalled for, and you're just making the rest of us look bad. This guy took the time to make a bloody awesome Rayman picture, and while it was a **** move to lead us along, it's nothing to hate the bloke over. Go cool off, play some Smash or Rayman games, or whatever you do to get the good feels. We'll still be going strong in our support.

As for all the haters, would you politely **** off? "Boo hoo, I dislike Rayman/dislike Ubisoft and by association, Rayman, he should never be in Smash and I'm so glad he's not. Now I'm going to laugh at the poor fans." You're all being childish and need to take a lesson in humility. It's a goddamn video game, if Rayman did get in, you could just ignore him if you want to so badly.

If anything, the added publicity of this only adds onto Rayman's trophy appearance. We should continue as normal.
Is it funny that I agree with everything you just said?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm sorry, but I really can't take any more of this. I really just can't.
We've taken down Mr. Dark, Admiral Razorbeard, Andre, the Magician, and their hoards of minions.

We came back from the Rabbids stealing our spotlight, where other characters quietly died off.

We got a trophy, three trophies in Smash in the first place.

We won't let this take us down.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Oh yea, put me on the supporter list as well!

But anyway, there is a positive. I'm sure both Nint and Ubi took note of the noise Rayman's possible inclusion caused. I'd say his actual inclusion is pretty solid by now, especially because there's already a Ray trophy.

Big hoaxes usually do not go unnoticed by the gaming industry.

Top Bottom