• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I can understand your frustrations, but the creator meaned well. He didn't think it'd blow up as much as he thought, and he doesn't plan on doing this for anymore characters. He even removed the vid later and in the end, he's gotten the attention of Ubisoft themselves which is positive whichever way you look at it. I think there's some room for forgiveness here, no?
........ Is the Ubisoft announcement fake as well?

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I'm only sad that the shop isn't real.
I couldn't care less about Rayman as a character, but I was really happy we were getting an in-game shop on the main menu.

Nintendo would have to be absolutely insane not to do DLC for Smash Bros, and I'm bummed that we're back to not getting any other than Mewtwo.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I couldn't care less about Rayman as a character, but I was really happy we were getting an in-game shop on the main menu.

Nintendo would have to be absolutely insane not to do DLC for Smash Bros, and I'm bummed that we're back to not getting any other than Mewtwo.
That we know of.

Death threats are absurd. The guy is a **** yeah, but don't go making yourself look like a **** by overreactions.

leave and come back.. calm down and let you mind settle. Don't make the rayman fans look like a bunch of fools and children.

insulting rayman fans should also not be tolerated. Kicking people while they are down is just going to make you look worse for your petty laughs.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905

Well, we don't know if they're going to do any more outside of Mewtwo at the moment; they could or could not.

As soon as we get the tech, I'm expecting every Rayman hoper to put him in anyways, though. :p

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
This guy has set the bar for future leaks. When Smash 5 is revealed then stuff like this will be commonplace so I guess it's taught us to be more careful with leaks.

I'm disappointed that this isn't real but at the very least I still have Pac-man and Mewtwo to keep me entertained.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Then I'll rip out every strand of hair off his head, and then I'll break every single bone in his body and have him cough up every drop of blood from his mouth.

He has just messed with the wrong fan here.
Extreme overreaction is extreme.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This guy has set the bar for future leaks. When Smash 5 is revealed then stuff like this will be commonplace so I guess it's taught us to be more careful with leaks.

I'm disappointed that this isn't real but at the very least I still have Pac-man and Mewtwo to keep me entertained.
Yes but let's not forget that at one point Gematsu was essentially 100% correct. It just got out of date.
Every leak is fake unless proven true over time or it comes with actual gameplay.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
*sigh*

From now on, I'm not bothering with leaks whatsoever unless there is gameplay...

**** move for so many reasons.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I feel like wearing Majora's Mask and wanting to drop the moon on the whole world.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Just to ask wasn't the whole Rayman leak thing started and found on 4Chan?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, but just because it comes from 4chan does not need mean it's automatically wrong. The ESRB leak originated from there, and things are leaked there all the time. Denying a source because "le epic Internet boogeyman!!!!!" is stupid.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
jesus ****ing christ... I am really REALLY pissed... you don't play with people like that damnit

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Indeed it started there.
4chan usually makes things a red flag, but then the ESRB leak happened to throw that off. Seriously, for such a thing to do, despite how impressive it was, it was too much of a waste of time to do, imo. And it suck Rayman had to be the victim of this.

Last edited:
That is a good point by the way. He specifically made it a leak instead of a "I can make art!"

This was made to deceive for at least a certain time. Unless he sent it to a friend who sent it out he made this to become a leak.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes, but just because it comes from 4chan does not need mean it's automatically wrong. The ESRB leak originated from there, and things are leaked there all the time. Denying a source because "le epic Internet boogeyman!!!!!" is stupid.
Don't forget the X and Y leaks!
jesus ****ing christ... I am really REALLY pissed... you don't play with people like that damnit
Fitting avi~

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Daily reminder that every leak either originates or makes itself known on 4chan.

4chan is the place for leaks, fake or otherwise.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
I'd say the leak maker should be hired for a graphic design job, that was incredibly impressive even if people do consider it "mean"

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Ah, so it was fake.
Pretty convincing, for sure. About as convincing as you can get without gameplay.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
New subject guts ; what do you think will happen Tuesday ? Ubisoft said they were going to talk about that leak. Now that it's a known fact it's fake... You expect anything ?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Daily reminder that every leak either originates or makes itself known on 4chan.

4chan is the place for leaks, fake or otherwise.
Exactly. The anonymous nature of posting (unless you use a tripcode) helps hide the identity of someone leaking information. If they get caught, oh well, no one knows it's them.

But, then you get things such as the DSi, Bloodborne, X and Y, and the ESRB leak. Denying a source because of reputation of the source is just stupid and ignorant.

That being said, props to the "Leaker" for posting it on 4chan first.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hmm....you do have a point.

But even though the ESRB leak as you say did originate from 4Chan which does raise a bit of credibility, I'm still not entirely convinced that they are reliable. But that's just me unless there are other credible details which I may have missed from 4Chan.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Though really, my true reaction:

Nintendo and Ubisoft is going to be extremely angry though. At least this will make Nintendo make DLC, as it's become the most talked about thing in the Internet. You cannot say this isn't profitable.
Also, I wonder what Ubisoft is going to say now.............

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Wow I feel bad for you guys in this thread. This was a **** move, but this guy is a really talented editor. At least you guys now have a pretty damn sweet Rayman render.

And don't go posting death threats on his page. I understand your frustrations here, but don't take it that far.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Alright guys, I'm just as upset (if not more-so) as the rest of you, but we need to keep our heads on straight.

Death threats are completely uncalled for, and you're just making the rest of us look bad. This guy took the time to make a bloody awesome Rayman picture, and while it was a **** move to lead us along, it's nothing to hate the bloke over. Go cool off, play some Smash or Rayman games, or whatever you do to get the good feels. We'll still be going strong in our support.

As for all the haters, would you politely **** off? "Boo hoo, I dislike Rayman/dislike Ubisoft and by association, Rayman, he should never be in Smash and I'm so glad he's not. Now I'm going to laugh at the poor fans." You're all being childish and need to take a lesson in humility. It's a goddamn video game, if Rayman did get in, you could just ignore him if you want to so badly.

If anything, the added publicity of this only adds onto Rayman's trophy appearance. We should continue as normal.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
New subject guts ; what do you think will happen Tuesday ? Ubisoft said they were going to talk about that leak. Now that it's a known fact it's fake... You expect anything ?
I'm REALLY grasping at straws here but maybe rayman is in the game, just a different one from the leak and they confused the two

God I'm delusional and I love it

Last edited:
Top Bottom