• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
=u= Yeah, that, and making Roger Craig Smith doing some bad lines for Sonic, like the "I can't swim" one, and as for Ray, at least I got used to the gibberish, and David's voice will be always godlike, but instead, we got this:

-u- It makes me glad he didn't performed for it, and, the only line I understand from all that is "Yay".
To be fair, a majority of those lines are meant to be for him to be in pain, so comparing it to an actual voice seems a bit unfair

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I like to think that they made Origins a really cartoony game to emphasis how Rayman 1 was a pretty silly game in itself. Though at this point, we really do need the serious atmospheric, yet whimsical Rayman back.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
They're solid games. Definitely not bad games in the slightest.

What got with me about this whole thing is this. Rayman 3 "promised" Rayman 4. I had expectations for a game like the Trilogy, and I didn't in the end. Rayman Origins is a nice step from the Rabbids, indeed, but deep down ,it's not the Rayman I wanted as a kid. That's really why I feel this way about it...
I second this.
I'm sure we're all waiting for that Rayman 4. All we can do is hope they keep their word.
Well, it will take a while for that to happen. Maybe when pigs are able to fly.
To be fair, a majority of those lines are meant to be for him to be in pain, so comparing it to an actual voice seems a bit unfair
Well. kind of.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I like to think that they made Origins a really cartoony game to emphasis how Rayman 1 was a pretty silly game in itself. Though at this point, we really do need the serious atmospheric, yet whimsical Rayman back.
I really do agree to this. R1 wasn't as silly imo to the likes of RO and such, but I do agree that they were going for his "Origins" and all. But what made me personally love Rayman as a character, was, much like Sonic, he "aged" to me. He got older alongside me, and RO Rayman didn't felt like the Rayman I grown to love as a kid. And R3 Rayman was the Rayman that personally made me the happiest with.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, don't be like that! Have some optimism.
Well, anything can happen, and I'm sorry if I sound like a downer about the hopes for something like a "R4" or something to happen, but, whatever happens, I'll just enjoy what the Trilogy have gave to me and maybe, hope for the best that R4 Rayman is how I wanted Rayman to be, like Louie said, "the serious atmospheric, yet whimsical Rayman back."

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
RO/RL may not have ended up being like the original trilogy, but they're damn good games.
I may have liked Rayman 2, but my fondest memories came from these platforming masterpieces, as it was when my interest in Rayman was reinvigorated.
Sure, they're not like the original trilogy, but so what? They're among the best platformers that I've ever played, be it 2D or 3D.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
She liked your post so fast it didn't even load up for me yet...

Anyways. I think it's about time we take a break for a while. Today seems like a slow day, and this activity really is here because people are sitting around waiting for that ballot to announce something I think. So, BYE.

Shell ,go.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
She liked your post so fast it didn't even load up for me yet...

Anyways. I think it's about time we take a break for a while. Today seems like a slow day, and this activity really is here because people are sitting around waiting for that ballot to announce something I think. So, BYE.

Shell ,go.
> Slowing down

> Using shell

Ironic, much?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Parece ser un habito aqui, but eh, I'm used to it by now.
=u= I'm the one who started it, I think. And Jaster is just taking his revenge. heh. Well, now, gotta go back to my Rayman stuff for real.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
xD Hey, give him a chance, at least he is wearing shoes and gloves, unlike this guy:
...I don't even.

Since everyone's gone, I'll go back to my corner and play MK8.
...Maybe Marvel Vs. Capcom. See ya later!

Spanish talk?

We shouldn't do that too much.

And...she should get back to her work if she really needs too...
Internet Artist = No rest
I thought you knew this, lel
<u< Fue divertido mientras duro.

Victory.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Yeeeeah, I definitely see now.

Well, the ones I personally play are Guilty Gear, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, and Under Night In Birth.
Well, you know what I played. I also play Sm4sh, intend on playing Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat X, and Street Fighter V, and formerly played BlazBlue and Project M.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I've been playing Smash for 11 years now and although I am very good, I don't think I'm tournament worthy yet.
That being said, I did win a tournament held by my friends. I ended up winning a $20 eShop card.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I've been playing Smash for 11 years now and although I am very good, I don't think I'm tournament worthy yet.
That being said, I did win a tournament held by my friends. I ended up winning a $20 eShop card.
I've been playing Smash for a REALLY along time as well, and I personally think I may be tournament worthy in Smash 4 with just a little more practice. Melee is out of the question, though.

Nice!

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I've been playing Smash for a REALLY along time as well, and I personally think I may be tournament worthy in Smash 4 with just a little more practice. Melee is out of the question, though.

Nice!
I also think I'm best at playing Smash 4. That being said, Melee is out of the question since it's too slippery to play when compared to Smash 4.
Also, have you guys ever played Rayman Arena?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I also think I'm best at playing Smash 4. That being said, Melee is out of the question since it's too slippery to play when compared to Smash 4.
Yeah, you need an insane amount of technical skill and precision to be even remotely decent at Melee. In Smash 4, I think I'm really decent, especially with my main trio. :4shulk: :4feroy: :4ness:

YES. I loved Rayman Arena. It was so much fun to play.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I used to love Rayman Arena. Bought it on PSN, and it was... awful.
Also Zero won a torunament, the legend returns, blah blah blah.

Top Bottom