• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Again ^ this. TT 3 TT I remember how I played R2 for the N64 for the first time, at first I was like "who is this guy?", I wasn't so sure if I was going to like him, but as I progressed, I ended up saying "He's awesome, his game in awesome, and I freakin' LOVE him." THAT was the point where he bacame what he's today for me, the Hero that marked my childhood forever and inspired me to do so many things, and well, one of them being choosing the designing career, in hopes to become a concept artist/3D modeler and many more things related to design! I still hope I can make a comic out of the story i'm making right now, at least part of it. Just like I said before, making things related to him is my way of saying thank you for existing.
I couldn't agree anymore. Well said.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
My first and favorite game of all time: Rayman (pc version)
The game is absolutely amazing and got me hooked for years to come.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

Official image by Ubisoft, I would prefer a image with all the memorable characters from all his games, but this one is ok, I think.

Also, a new FAKE leak appeared with Rayman:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308477670

It's fake as you can see, they used the model from that guy:

Nice! I love the style of the anniversary logo, it would look great on a game case.

LOL! Even though it's fake, I would consider it a gift that the fans wanted to give for Rayman if Sakurai wouldn't. It's the thought that counts, anyway.

BTW, here's the vector file that my friend on DA made so you could use it with you Rayman anniversary works. http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rayman-20th-Anniversary-Logo-557621856

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, I actually did draw something for Rayman's birthday, but I wasn't too happy with it. I've been working on it, but I don't think I'll get something like what I wanted. So here's what I have, an incredibly unfinished picture of Rayman leaning on air.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
It's great to see so many people using their artistic skills to create loads of beautifully crafted works of art!
Ancel has to be proud!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Happy 20th Birthday, Rayman! Thank you for all the years of fun, here's to another 20 years!

First game: Rayman Raving Rabbids: I know we all love to hate on the little guys, but without them, I wouldn't even be a Rayman fan. That one teaser with the Rabbids as zombies and Rayman kicking the crap out of them made me interested in the series. Thanks to the Rabbids, I discovered one of my favorite game franchises and characters.

Favorite game: Rayman 3 and Legends: Words can't express how much I love these games, they are some of my favorites game of all-time.

Lastly, I want to thank Rayman for introducing me to all of you. Even if we don't get Rayman in Smash, I'm glad to have made friends with all of you.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Happy 20th Birthday, Rayman! Thank you for all the years of fun, here's to another 20 years!

First game: Rayman Raving Rabbids: I know we all love to hate on the little guys, but without them, I wouldn't even be a Rayman fan. That one teaser with the Rabbids as zombies and Rayman kicking the crap out of them made me interested in the series. Thanks to the Rabbids, I discovered one of my favorite game franchises and characters.

Favorite game: Rayman 3 and Legends: Words can't express how much I love these games, they are some of my favorites game of all-time.

Lastly, I want to thank Rayman for introducing me to all of you. Even if we don't get Rayman in Smash, I'm glad to have made friends with all of you.
That's honestly the best thing out of all this, getting the chance to meet you all because of my childhood hero. You are all wonderful, and thank you Rayman for helping me meet such great people. :3

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
BDAY.jpg

Ezio: "What do you think you are doing, Cormac?"

Shay: "What does it look like, Auditorpe? I'm taking him away from you and the other Assassins."

Ezio: "Care to explain why?'

Shay: "As if it wasn't obvious enough, he's DRUNK to the point of being delirious."

Rayman: "Oooh...pretty *hic!* stars above my head...*hic!* Heck yeah, sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!!!...ugh...*hic!*"

Shay: "See?"

Ezio: "But it is his 20th Birthday! He has to celebrate it in one way or another."

Shay: "Oh, yeah, drinking rum until you puke is a GREAT way to do it, genius. He has never got real alcohol in his life, just the Plum thing that has similar effects, that's what he told me, it was obvious the rum was going to hit him hard after few shots and you give him 10 of those. Now, get out of my way."

Ezio: "..."

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS Yup, the party was way too hard for poor Ray. xD

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 71310

Ezio: "What do you think you are doing, Cormac?"

Shay: "What does it look like, Auditorpe? I'm taking him away from you and the other Assassins."

Ezio: "Care to explain why?'

Shay: "As if it wasn't obvious enough, he's DRUNK to the point of being delirious."

Rayman: "Oooh...pretty *hic!* stars above my head...*hic!* Heck yeah, sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!!!...ugh...*hic!*"

Shay: "See?"

Ezio: "But it is his 20th Birthday! He has to celebrate it in one way or another."

Shay: "Oh, yeah, drinking rum until you puke is a GREAT way to do it, genius. He has never got real alcohol in his life, just the Plum thing that has similar effects, that's what he told me, it was obvious the rum was going to hit him hard after few shots and you give him 10 of those. Now, get out of my way."

Ezio: "..."

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS Yup, the party was way too hard for poor Ray. xD
I knew you were drawing something Rayman related, you little lier... xD

Wonderful job! It looks really nice!

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
1 more hour.

I might not be able to finish that drawing in time, but Rayman is still going to be 20 years old tomorrow, so it doesn't really matter.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Good night, everyone!
I'm so lucky to have met all of you. Rayman is truly one of the greatest protagonists to ever grace gaming.
May the next 20 years be just as wonderful for Rayman.
#KeepOnFighting
#Rayman20
#Rayman4Smash

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Before I go, I want to let you know that I've been working on something for Rayman's 20th, but since I had to help my sister with her homework, it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
We can still celebrate Rayman's 20th throughout September and the rest of the year.

It's all calm before the storm, though.

October 3rd is soon approaching.

WE'LL BE READY!!!

AndreaAC

R1 kills me with his adorablenss~!

And here's the Render used for the fake leak thing.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

R1 kills me with his adorablenss~!

And here's the Render used for the fake leak thing.
Agreed.

I looks like the pose but the doesn't look like the exact render, that's the Smash Trophy model while that "leak" was that more detailed alteration of that Smash Model.

AndreaAC

Agreed.

I looks like the pose but the doesn't look like the exact render, that's the Smash Trophy model while that "leak" was that more detailed alteration of that Smash Model.
I actually don't remember exactly how it looked, but when I saw it, I thought it was the one.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I actually don't remember exactly how it looked, but when I saw it, I thought it was the one.
xD It might have been based from it.

But anyways, I don't why but...this kinda scares me a bit

o__o Maybe it's because of the dark one in the middle starin directly into my SOUL...

AndreaAC

o__o Maybe it's because of the dark one in the middle starin directly into my SOUL...

Ooh, stuff for target practice!....<u< oops, Shay went for another target first...xD

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Aw what I missed Rayman's Birthday?
Also, holy crap this thread is almost 400 pages long. Back in my day, we were lucky to get to 5. I missed 160 pages.
I wanted to say I recently got Rayman 3 off the PSN sale for $3.50. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Honestly I love the dialogue. And the music's pretty great.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Aw what I missed Rayman's Birthday?
Also, holy crap this thread is almost 400 pages long. Back in my day, we were lucky to get to 5. I missed 160 pages.
I wanted to say I recently got Rayman 3 off the PSN sale for $3.50. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Honestly I love the dialogue. And the music's pretty great.
That's great, hope you enjoy the game. :3

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

Omg that dark rabbid.. it's so creepy xD

And I think I speak for all of us when I say this is better :

Omg.. I wish I had a collection like these..

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

xD Well, of course it's better, more Rayman in it. And yeah, even if I had no space for all this stuff, it would be cool to have so much Rayman stuff.

AndreaAC

O__O I WANT IT ALL! ALSO! That GC version of R3 HAS THE COOL VERSION OF THE BOXART!

Top Bottom