• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if this whole shovel knight leak means that we'll get a look at the ballot characters sometime during the 3rd, or soon after.

I initially thought that they'd rally the votes on the 3rd, and THEN start working on characters, or somethin' like that.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I wonder if this whole shovel knight leak means that we'll get a look at the ballot characters sometime during the 3rd, or soon after.

I initially thought that they'd rally the votes on the 3rd, and THEN start working on characters, or somethin' like that.
It's been a while, how have you been?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You know, I'm somewhat doubting that the Shovel Knight announcement will have anything to do with Smash Bros, unless if Nintendo or Sakurai will have any word of it. Then again, I could be wrong.

BTW, anyone who is still shaken up by today's debate, here's what a friend of mine said who, thankfully, has a clear mind and reasoning behind this: No Rayman Smash DLC and 'Rayman 4' YET!!

We can all learn a thing or two from him.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I guess I should post this to calm anyone's tension.

The conference ended and this and this video was shown.

Nothing Smash related for now. So again, don't worry about it until further notice...

Last edited:

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Okay, first of all Garo, you definitely shouldn't be upset about the fake leak, I was also at first, but in the end, it did nothing, but increase Rayman's chances of getting in! People have been supporting him more than ever!

But... I still agree with you. People here have been constantly repeating, that video games can't be that important to us... well.. yes they can, for some people, video games have been huge part of their lives.
A lot of people cry for sports games. That is viewed as normal behavior in pretty much every sports community, as much as I'm aware of. Sometimes a full audience cries for loss of a team that's really close to them. Video games can mean just as much to some people. The idea of video games not being able to be important to us only comes from the older generation, who don't understand video games.
Video games is an art form, that can and does affect our emotions, and because of that, they also affect our lives.

Rayman Pirate Community has also been disrespectful and completely childish at times, which is why I don't go there anymore that much.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Rayman Pirate Community has also been disrespectful and completely childish at times, which is why I don't go there anymore that much.
Certain people on there can be dickish but if you hang around long enough they'll accept you as one of their own (oneofusoneofus)

SPEAKING OF RPC:

SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON!

Last edited:

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Certain people on there can be dickish but if you hang around long enough they'll accept you as one of their own (oneofusoneofus)

SPEAKING OF RPC:
SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON!
Hmm... are we sure the developer interview stuff was the only thing they'd get for Rayman's anniversary?

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
we aren't sure. we only know of the interview stuff. there might be WAY more going on we don't know of. I mean.. Yves came by and spent the entire day there.. they might've shown off a new game? perhaps some Nintendo people where there as well and the went over Rayman DLC for smash? who knows

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

Nothing Smash related for now. So again, don't worry about it until further notice...
I actually saw that coming. I admit, even if we all overreacted over the thought of him joining Smash Bros, I actually find this to be great news since now Playtonic games will finally owe up and give us that Yooka & Laylee amiibo that they've been teasing us with. ;)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

xD The video was simply hilarious!

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
There will be a maintenance the August 31:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

One day before "The Phantom Pain" comes, Snake confirmed? :troll:

I hope a character is coming (veteran or new comer) with this maintenance, because the PAX is celebrating now.

Also, awesome "trailer" of the shovel knight amiibo, it was nice to see xD.

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
It just cracks me up that they made the shovel knight amiibo's stand to look exactly like the other smash amiibo's, with the gold surface and black outline.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
That is only the prototype the final product will have a purple base
It just cracks me up that they made the shovel knight amiibo's stand to look exactly like the other smash amiibo's, with the gold surface and black outline.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, a maintenance is occurring on August 31st...
One day before The Phantom Pain releases and Rayman's 20th anniversary.
Let's dream big, guys.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I can't believe that Rayman has been one of my most wanted Smash characters for three years, yet this is my first post here.

Anyways, hello fellow Rayman supporters. I hope to contribute something to this thread (likely a moveset, which is how I introduced myself in the Bandana Dee thread) soon, so stay tuned for another post from me.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I can't believe that Rayman has been one of my most wanted Smash characters for three years, yet this is my first post here.

Anyways, hello fellow Rayman supporters. I hope to contribute something to this thread (likely a moveset, which is how I introduced myself in the Bandana Dee thread) soon, so stay tuned for another post from me.
Well, no matter the time you join us, welcome to the Glade anyways pal. :)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Welcome to the Glade of Dreams! :)

louie g

Smash Journeyman

Welcome aboard matey, can't wait to see what you have in mind! (no rush though)

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So, a maintenance is occurring on August 31st...
One day before The Phantom Pain releases and Rayman's 20th anniversary.
Let's dream big, guys.
Oh I would love if this really does happen, but for some reason I doubt it, and yet I can't help but have a bit more faith here. Only because, it's not like Sakurai or Nintendo hadn't surprised with something out of the blue before.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Watch the maintenance on Monday just simply be maintenance.

Then, watch Rayman's chances somehow go down because of said maintenance.
LOL. Anyway, I won't be expecting much all because of a maintenance. The only way to find out if Rayman will get in or not is probably after the closing of the ballots, which is still long ways from now.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
LOL. Anyway, I won't be expecting much all because of a maintenance. The only way to find out if Rayman will get in or not is probably after the closing of the ballots, which is still long ways from now.
If any character is to be announced for Smash before the Ballot closes, it will be through a Direct.

I love this but what about Shovel Knight or Shantae they're well known too.
Do you even know the difference between an indie character and an iconic all-star?

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
It also depends where it's shared... it might not tell us at all what's the ballot going to look like....... bbbut, there are those simple people who vote for the popular characters for no reason (or because of memes?), so...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Voted in the poll!

Some awesome remixes of Rayman's songs:

Very nice! They are pretty good, especially the Shell theme and the Fairy Council.

=u= But I think I like the original versions more for the atmosphere...mainly the Cave of Bad Dreams and Shell theme. xD But, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I keep hoping for Rayman because his trophy is already in. Honestly, I would just like for any character to be announced at this point no matter who it is.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I just discovered something massive.

I found it in the 275th issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series, which is the 11th part of the Worlds Unite story arc by the way. Not only does this crossover include three Smash characters (:4sonic::4megaman::4ryu:), but it also includes this important message from Mega Man in the Off Panel section of the issue.
image.jpg

He's clearly talking about Rayman here, which obviously means that his chances of being included in Smash are significantly decreased, if not outright disconfirming him.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
...That honestly seems like a very bold claim to make, when that doesn't specifically mention anything about any disconfirmations.... And, well, is this a "pre ballot" thing? Cause if that is, then that wouldn't really determine what votes for Rayman have done to aid in his inclusion.

I think things will go a lot better if we just wait until the ballot officially ends and Nintendo announces the ballot winnings before anyone makes any claims of any character's being disconfirmed or something. Just my opinion...

EDIT: Hmm, I just checked that the comic came out on the 12th of this month actually. So it is post ballot for sure. But I can't really say a comic would literally know about the ballot results like that, more like a "if he was in but isn't yet" kind of message. That's how I see it.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I just discovered something massive.

I found it in the 275th issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series, which is the 11th part of the Worlds Unite story arc by the way. Not only does this crossover include three Smash characters (:4sonic::4megaman::4ryu:), but it also includes this important message from Mega Man in the Off Panel section of the issue.

He's clearly talking about Rayman here, which obviously means that his chances of being included in Smash are significantly decreased, if not outright disconfirming him.
I don't get it...

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
...That honestly seems like a very bold claim to make, when that doesn't specifically mention anything about any disconfirmations.... And, well, is this a "pre ballot" thing? Cause if that is, then that wouldn't really determine what votes for Rayman have done to aid in his inclusion.

I think things will go a lot better if we just wait until the ballot officially ends and Nintendo announces the ballot winnings before anyone makes any claims of any character's being disconfirmed or something. Just my opinion...

EDIT: Hmm, I just checked that the comic came out on the 12th of this month actually. So it is post ballot for sure. But I can't really say a comic would literally know about the ballot results like that, more like a "if he was in but isn't yet" kind of message. That's how I see it.

I can't believe you actually started analyzing it, though.

Top Bottom