• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Guys, let's not have one character break us apart. We're all here because we love this character, nothing will change that, ever.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Rayman or not, I still want to know what's gonna be announced at 8 tonight. And this time, I won't go flipping my lid like I did in the past.
Good to know you won't help get the thread locked again.

Ok, this place is feeling like the Ridley thread after the Extravaganza, really, is everyone going to feel sad for hours. days, weeks, months, years...?
Not everyone.

Just @ GaroMaster GaroMaster and @ Rayman4Smash Rayman4Smash .

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I hate that Andrea had to state this for a second time but I'just going to say it straight, stop flipping out over a DAMN video game. It's not that damn important in your damn life to have something like this make you depressed, it's just dumb and trivial. Just, please, stop, and calm down. People don't have to act like their world is ending over this, and you shouldn't treat others like crap and say crap to others.

Seriously. Stop. If you really need to calm down, take a break and stay out of this thread for a while.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I hate that Andrea had to state this for a second time but I'just going to say it straight, stop flipping out over a DAMN video game. It's not that damn important in your damn life to have something like this make you depressed, it's just dumb and trivial. Just, please, stop, and calm down. People don't have to act like their world is ending over this, and you shouldn't treat others like crap and say crap to others.

Seriously. Stop. If you really need to calm down, take a break and stay out of this thread for a while.
While I of course agree with this everyone should keep in mind that certain things affect certain people in different ways.
Certain people react differently to these kinds of things than others.
Certain people will be heartbroken while other will be like 'meh'.
Try to be nice to eachother.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
While I of course agree with this everyone should keep in mind that certain things affect certain people in different ways.
Certain people react differently to these kinds of things than others.
Certain people will be heartbroken while other will be like 'meh'.
Try to be nice to eachother.
I do agree. I know others have sentiment feelings about this more than I do, I understand. But just, everyone, stay calm and don't talk to others like crap because you want to. That's disrespectful.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
View attachment 70399
Just a little something right now, I'll make something better later when I have time. Happy 20th Birthday Rayman!
View attachment 70412

Shay: "Happy 20th Birthday, lil' fella!"

Rayman: "I...I wasn't expecting this! Thank you so much, Master!"

=3= a doodle to the Hero of my Childhood. :3 Early, but meh. I don't care.
Great work as always, you two.

Glad to see you guys have finally managed to regain your composure. I didn't want things to get out of control.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

Alright, first of all, saying damn constantly doesn't make you any more edgy than you think you are.

Second, you're overreacting to other people just as much as everyone else is overreacting to Shovel Knight somehow taking Rayman's spot.

None of you people know control if you ask me.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Alright, first of all, saying damn constantly doesn't make you any more edgy than you think you are.

Second, you're overreacting to other people just as much as everyone else is overreacting to Shovel Knight somehow taking Rayman's spot.

The only one acting 'out of control' is you.
Now please stop baiting.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Look. I'm not cursing for the sake of being "edgy", I'm speaking my mind and saying people should NOT worry so deeply about a video game, and of people to NOT come in here telling someone their "salty" cuz who give a crap? Just be calm and don't treat others like crap is all I'm asking here and others not to panic over nothing.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Good to know you won't help get the thread locked again.

Not everyone.

Just @ GaroMaster GaroMaster and @ Rayman4Smash Rayman4Smash .
Don't worry. I'm not gonna be sad if Rayman's not going to be announced. I've gotten pretty used to it, anyway.

One thing that I'm hoping that if the Shovel Knight Amiibo is real, that Playtonic should owe up to their promise of giving us a Yooka & Laylee Amiibo as well.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There's no reason to be hostile towards each other.

There are healthier ways of expressing yourselves.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Warning Received
Not really.
It's mostly how you bait out people by being passive agressive to anyone who doesn't share your views.
Now please stop.
So what you're trying to tell me is that I can't be rational about this whole thing without offending someone, and now I need to stop.

Okaaaaaay.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Maybe we are acting like this because we have such deep emotional ties to Rayman and Smash, but still feel the pain from the ArtsyOmni leak.
At the end of the day, Smash is a video game and Rayman is an artificial creation. However, that doesn't mean you can't have compassion for these two things. ArtsyOmni said it best when he said that they may be moving pixels, but they've been there with since our childhood. Seeing a piece of your childhood in Smash is truly a sight to behold.
That said, that compassion can go overboard. In this case, I became worried to the point where I started questioning Rayman for Smash and if it was time to give up.
Trust me, guys.
We're not done yet.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I think this has been posted here before, but why not again? An awesome cover by a fan:

It calms me to hear this.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It looks like I missed a storm in here, I hope it doesn't start back up again. You lot are better than that.

Not exactly Rayman related, but I just did some sprite work!

It was a real pain learning how to sprite and animate as I went, but I'm pleased with the end result.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It looks like I missed a storm in here, I hope it doesn't start back up again. You lot are better than that.

It was a real pain learning how to sprite and animate as I went, but I'm pleased with the end result.
Sorry James. My pessimism was the reason why the storm started. For that, I take full responsibility.
Oh, and that's some nice sprites that you got there.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Nice work, I really like their designs.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've been trying to design a couple of characters myself, but they always somehow look like something that already exists.
I think that's something every designer struggles with, I know I have. You just have to pick the strong characteristics you like and stick with them while playing around with other ones. Try not to worry too much if they're similar, as long as the differences show.

And, y'know, as long as it's not just a green and orange Sonic. :troll:
I'm not sorry.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I think that's something every designer struggles with, I know I have. You just have to pick the strong characteristics you like and stick with them while playing around with other ones. Try not to worry too much if they're similar, as long as the differences show.

And, y'know, as long as it's not just a green and orange Sonic. :troll:
I'm not sorry.
Thanks for the advice. :)
Don't make fun of Speedy and Spike the Hedgehog, they're original dammit.

Top Bottom