• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
They already have the rights to Rayman, so it's up to Sakurai.
Well yeah, but the thing is did he ever contact them back to make him a full fledged charcter? Like I said no secret that Ubisoft wants him as a playable charcter. He has the rights to use him as a trophy. Deals more than likely to has be made in order to use third parties as playable.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I found the song of Rayman 2 (N64) intro in Youtube, here it's, I love this medley of the game, what do you think?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I found the song of Rayman 2 (N64) intro in Youtube, here it's, I love this medley of the game, what do you think?

It's nice, honestly. Not something I remember much at all, imo, but hearing it, it really reminds me of Age of Empires soundtrack.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
After another play session of Rayman 3, I managed to beat the Desert of the Knaaren.

Those things are annoying.
I've actually been playing Rayman 3 again myself, a couple of things have aged, but I'm still having a blast. The Knaaren's really didn't give me much trouble though.
What do you guys think the chances of Nintendo and Sakurai working out something with Ubisoft? You think after that leak, that Sakuarai had to have contacted them at some point, and decided to put Rayman as a full fledged charcter? E3 reveal for Ubisoft or Nintendo or both? It's no secret that they would like for him to be playable. I also hope we get a new Rayman game exclusive for the Wii U. I just secretly hope that Ubisoft doesn't ruin their chances for getting represented in Smash this time. Please be careful with what you do Ubisoft. You already lost a lot of fans because of well.....a lot of things.
I'd like to imagine Ubisoft has been talking to Nintendo and Sakuari if they would be interested in adding Rayman as a fighter after the leak, though I don't thinks that's the case.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Speaking of R3, I should get back to finishing it since I nearly got done with it a month or two back. Basically at the last stage, just need to get the time, really. I admit it's gotten much easier than when I was a kid, I haven't died once (other than me being dumb and died thanks to being too curious), but all and all, I still enjoyed going through it all over again.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
They better announce something Rayman related for this E3. Because no Rayman 4 & Rayman in Smash Bros makes me something something....

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don't mind if I DO!!!

But yeah, even if they don't announce anything at E3, then at least they should announce something some time for this year.
xD Hahaha, that gif is perfect. And well, the only thing we could do is to hope something good and worthy happens.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
...I honestly feel like the chances of us getting a 3D Rayman game is more than likely slim, and we may just get another 2D one. I may be wrong, but I won't expect anything higher until I see footage of a 3D Rayman game that resembles Rayman 2/3 gameplay...I hope that is the case, but I'm expecting Rayman Origins/Legends 2 or something like that, imo.

AndreaAC

...I honestly feel like the chances of us getting a 3D Rayman game is more than likely slim, and we may just get another 2D one. I may be wrong, but I won't expect anything higher until I see footage of a 3D Rayman game that resembles Rayman 2/3 gameplay...I hope that is the case, but I'm expecting Rayman Origins/Legends 2 or something like that, imo.
If that happens I would be utterly disappointed, but, it is up to Ubi. >_> if it is just legends with 3D Models, I don't really want to see something similar to the Smash trophies, specially Rayman.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If that happens I would be utterly disappointed, but, it is up to Ubi. >_> if it is just legends with 3D Models, I don't really want to see something similar to the Smash trophies, specially Rayman.
Origins/Legends styled design in 3D is honestly what I'd expect, either a game like R2 or R3, or like O/L but with 3D models, like the New Super Mario Bros series. Either way, if they went the formal, that's at least a step back into 3D at the very least, but I'd really wish that they revert back to the formula that was the style and gameplay the was the 2 3D titles themselves, The Great Escapes story with Hoodlum Havoc's aesthetics and gameplay.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I showed this before, but I think the Origins/Legends artstyle can look great in 3D.
image.jpg
As for how a new 3D Rayman would play, I can't see the Origins/Legends gameplay transitioning well to 3D. So they'll either go back to the Rayman 2 and 3 style, or something completely new.

AndreaAC

Origins/Legends styled design in 3D is honestly what I'd expect, either a game like R2 or R3, or like O/L but with 3D models, like the New Super Mario Bros series. Either way, if they went the formal, that's at least a step back into 3D at the very least, but I'd really wish that they revert back to the formula that was the style and gameplay the was the 2 3D titles themselves, The Great Escapes story with Hoodlum Havoc's aesthetics and gameplay.
That sounds like an impossible dream now, but oh well, if it's just Legends 2, I will keep playing the old games and drawing, at least I won't have to buy any console for that.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think a big reason I'd expect another Origins/Legends is because it's Rayman's 20th anniversary, and anniversary titles tend to make callbacks to the very first game. And since the first game was a 2D platformer....

I wouldn't count out a 3D game yet, though.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That sounds like an impossible dream now, but oh well, if it's just Legends 2, I will keep playing the old games and drawing, at least I won't have to buy any console for that.
I have my doubts, but I'm not going to assume they'd stick to the 2D formula forever. But until then, I'll just wait and see.

I showed this before, but I think the Origins/Legends artstyle can look great in 3D.
View attachment 53480 As for how a new 3D Rayman would play, I can't see the Origins/Legends gameplay transitioning well to 3D. So they'll either go back to the Rayman 2 and 3 style, or something completely new.
It may be since we don't see the full potential of Legend styled 3D, we'll have to see if what you say is right, maybe so.

But I'd think it would work out better if they indeed went backto the R2/R3 formula if they did go back to 3D gameplay, I agree with that.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I wouldn't mind another Origins/Legends game for the 20th anniversary if they did something similar to Sonic Generations. Going through the levels of past Rayman games.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Come to think of it... before Playtonic was Playtonic, there was the Mingy Jongo account on Twitter what said there was some blokes from old Rare who got together in a pub to discuss making a game. It was a long time and the project had apparently died off (even Grant said so) but then suddenly Project Ukelele appeared and we know the rest of that wonderful story...

Ancel said they worked on a 3D Rayman prototype but apparently scrapped it, but you never know...

AndreaAC

I have my doubts, but I'm not going to assume they'd stick to the 2D formula forever. But until then, I'll just wait and see.

It may be since we don't see the full potential of Legend styled 3D, we'll have to see if what you say is right, maybe so.

But I'd think it would work out better if they indeed went backto the R2/R3 formula if they did go back to 3D gameplay, I agree with that.
Of course, who knows, they could come out with something completely unexpected. But I don't know why I put my hopes up if I'm not going to get anything they come up with anyway, games and a wii U are pretty useless now for me, I have enough with the new and powerful laptop for my career.

AreJay25

Speaking of which, when did the Twitter post that 20th anniversary image? I guess it's replacing TBT?

Edit: They posted it last Wednesday. Guess we should expect another tomorrow.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Of course, who knows, they could come out with something completely unexpected. But I don't know why I put my hopes up if I'm not going to get anything they come up with anyway, games and a wii U are pretty useless now for me, I have enough with the new and powerful laptop for my career.
Understandable, just speaking in terms of a long time fan of Rayman, I doubt I'd ever get the time to play these games anymore, at least until I get my life straight. As far as I'm concerned, what matters to me is that my childhood character grows as a franchise, like I have seen it has as I grew up over the years. Whether or not I or anyone plays the games anymore because of preference or lack of ability to, I just hope I can see Rayman strive as a mascot of Ubisoft.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Understandable, just speaking in terms of a long time fan of Rayman, I doubt I'd ever get the time to play these games anymore, at least until I get my life straight. As far as I'm concerned, what matters to me is that my childhood character grows as a franchise, like I have seen it has as I grew up over the years. Whether or not I or anyone plays the games anymore because of preference or lack of ability to, I just hope I can see Rayman strive as a mascot of Ubisoft.
Yes, of course, after all that has happened to the franchise after 3, I would like to see it get better, and well, it doesn't matter if I don't play games that much or that I don't want to get the new ones, Rayman will be always a character that had a HUGE impact into my childhood and also recently with my current projects.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I always found it odd how they mentioned the cancellation of the 3D Rayman prototype in the History of Rayman book. I can understand talking about canceled games from a couple years ago, but the 3D Rayman one was rather recent, and is one that people want.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, of course, after all that has happened to the franchise after 3, I would like to see it get better, and well, it doesn't matter if I don't play games that much or that I don't want to get the new ones, Rayman will be always a character that had a HUGE impact into my childhood and also recently with my current projects.
That's good to hear. And with newer games that may come, I hope it benefits you with your current projects and be a source of inspiration to you.

I always found it odd how they mentioned the cancellation of the 3D Rayman prototype in the History of Rayman book. I can understand talking about canceled games from a couple years ago, but the 3D Rayman one was rather recent, and is one that people want.
It could, at best, may be going through development hell, and hopefully will be something that is still being developed, maybe to be released to the public soon enough...

Last edited:

AreJay25

Perhaps the prototype was too advanced for systems back then, and they needed something more powerful...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, that's sad to hear. Well, I hope something makes up for that project at some point or another...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I think Legends has sold decently now, but it wasn't doing too hot at first. Since they delayed the game to the same month as GTA IV.

Top Bottom