• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If I had to pick my favorite alts.
Raymesis
Heavy Metal
Lockjaw
Vortex
Shock Rocket
Throttle Copter
Dark Rayman

Actually, a question for all of you, if Rayman were to get an actual costume, what would you want it to be?
Me personally, I would like to see the original Rayman from the first game.
So, alt costume, akin to like Little Mac's Wireframe or like more like Wario? Rayman 3. I don't know how could they make Classic Ray a skin when the most recent designs are a bit "older" then that one.

I don't ever use palette swaps except for Villager and ROB (Smash 4).
As for me, I'm one to just stick to default for the sake of convenience. It just depends if I'm in the mood to use an alt, really.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Original, since I think the colour scheme works best. If I had to pick an alt, though, the blue 'n' red one is quite nice (whoops, my ignorance is showing~).
I actually prefer secondary colours over primary myself, stark red/blue never appealed to me much (Mario, Sonic, Mega Man...)

It's why I prefer the original and Raymesis.
Yeah, it's just because I'm refering back to the alt's thing I did just because..
I'm use to how it's lighter here then it is there with those alt versions, but it's still fine as it is.
Actually, the in-game models all have the exact same shade of pale blue, but I though that was too boring and made them each a bit different, which is also why the skin tones are different as well.
Actually, a question for all of you, if Rayman were to get an actual costume, what would you want it to be?
Me personally, I would like to see the original Rayman from the first game.
Rayman 2 because it's basically the same design as the original sans head and body shape, but designed for a 3D environment.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Actually, the in-game models all have the exact same shade of pale blue, but I though that was too boring and made them each a bit different, which is also why the skin tones are different as well.

Rayman 2 because it's basically the same design as the original sans head and body shape, but designed for a 3D environment.
Ah, I see. I see what you're getting at there.

And yeah, pretty much. Rayman 2's design (ingame, the render is not that great, imo. :|) is pretty much a improved Rayman 1 design.

I guess if Nintendo wanted to make a Rayman amiibo, they would have him sitting down much like Kirby.
Yeah but then rayman's render (which matches the amiibo pose) wouldnt capture the essence of him.
although then again. . . :4luigi:

Oh hey my phone has Rayman as a saved word automatically. Neat

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I actually prefer secondary colours over primary myself, stark red/blue never appealed to me much (Mario, Sonic, Mega Man...)

It's why I prefer the original and Raymesis.
I just go by whichever colour looks best on a case-by-case basis. Blue Pit, black Palutena, default Robin, pretty much any Lucina...

Just so happens that I like Ray's default colours best. They're pretty neat, though, I do appreciate the diversity. :3

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah but then rayman's render (which matches the amiibo pose) wouldnt capture the essence of him.
although then again. . . :4luigi:

Oh hey my phone has Rayman as a saved word automatically. Neat
Well, you think someone around here could make a Rayman Amiibo using the new render now that we got that? I seen one before using the trophy one, and I think we need to see a improved one now, imo

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Not made by me

Credit goes to this person http://rayman2000.deviantart.com/
Seeing Rayman as an Amiibo, you kinda feel bad for him.
I mean, there's literally a pole going through his body and up to his head.
I actually think they would only release him as an Amiibo card because the physical statue doesn't exactly look the most appealing to the average consumer.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Seeing Rayman as an Amiibo, you kinda feel bad for him.
I mean, there's literally a pole going through his body and up to his head.
I actually think they would only release him as an Amiibo card because the physical statue doesn't exactly look the most appealing to the average consumer.
Well, i don't think they would ever go out of their way for just a figurine's image. *cough*:4falcon:*cough*:4luigi:*cough* But I understand what you mean.

Its like he is on icicles coming out of thr ground
Rayman =Rundas

I assure someone could have a render that keeps the rayman spitit without the whole derpy as hell poles everywhere thing.
How would they pull that off without it falling apart? I'm curious.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Well, i don't think they would ever go out of their way for just a figurine's image. *cough*:4falcon:*cough*:4luigi:*cough* But I understand what you mean.

How would they pull that off without it falling apart? I'm curious.
Making an amiibo of Rayman is useless because it gets rid of his one unique trait as a character:
Having no limbs. I sincerely think they would only release him as a card, although I could be wrong.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ultra magnets that keep it floating exactly in place. Pink Gold Rayman confirmed.
I love and hate your comment at the same time. :3

Making an amiibo of Rayman is useless because it gets rid of his one unique trait as a character:
Having no limbs. I sincerely think they would only release him as a card, although I could be wrong.
Well, yeah, I can see that. But I don't know if they would care enough about it. I agree with you though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Despite if it looks ugly, I would still buy a Rayman amiibo. It would be nice to get Rayman merchandise that doesn't cost a large amount of money, although with the current amiibo situation...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Despite if it looks ugly, I would still buy a Rayman amiibo. It would be nice to get Rayman merchandise that doesn't cost a large amount of money, although with the current amiibo situation...
As long as the things that hold him in place aren't yellow like Link's...I would be fine with a Rayman amiibo.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, maybe Rayman could have his head, hands, and feet huddled close to his body.
Although come to think of it, that pose wouldn't really capture the spirit of Rayman.
The fan render? Well, it's kinda reminiscing of the first Rayman games pose...Not sure what other one could they use other then Rayman 3's pose, when he defeats a boss or something...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I still don't understand why they colored the plastic holding some amiibo, the prototypes didn't have that.
Yeahm but another wierd thing is that some of the new amiibos have a semi translucent thing holding them...so...why they can do the same with the others that have the colored ones?, and well, not just that the prototypes didn't have that (it was made of metal in the prototypes I think), the quality of the amiibos is also way inferior...some examples of that quality change are Marth and Peach amiibos.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I got it!

Have a Gorilla Pirate stomp on Rayman so he can fit on the Amiibo stand and not use any poles.

There. Problem solved.

AndreaAC

Yeah. I remember that. .u. Poor Ray, I find it funny but at the same time, I feel bad for him when that happens..
xD Yeah, and he yelling "Ouch!" makes me feel even more bad...but it's worst when he gets electrocuted...>,>

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Yeah, and he yelling "Ouch!" makes me feel even more bad...but it's worst when he gets electrocuted...>,>
Yeah.. That too..

What does it look like? Is there a picture of that?
Umm, I checked and no images I could find atm. I'll try to get a screenshot from the game itself really quick...

Nvm, I got a video to show it...

It's not the best shot of it, but you can see it happen here from the boss battle. Just watch the first boss fight, fyi.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Yeah.. That too..

Umm, I checked and no images I could find atm. I'll try to get a screenshot from the game itself really quick...

It's not the best shot of it, but you can see it happen here from the boss battle. Just watch the first boss fight, fyi.
Oh man.
That's harsh.

AndreaAC

Yeah.. That too..

Do you remember that Rayman mod for Brawl using the Smash 4 trophy? I found this:
al_120406_0028binout.jpg

xD Geez...

Top Bottom