• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I specifically edited the banner to have an O instead of the Lum. I'm sticking with it until Rayman shows up for real.
That's good then, I think the symbol on his body should be it anyways, imo.

And also, do you need that stock icon like I did before? If so, I could make that change you asked I should do to make it look right.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
And also, do you need that stock icon like I did before? If so, I could make that change you asked I should do to make it look right.
:4mario::4pacman:
:4megaman::4sonic:

Well, mine don't match exactly, so...

If it's not too much trouble, could you also fix up the Snake one for me?

I already have this terribly done cutout of his head.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
:4mario::4pacman:
:4megaman::4sonic:

Well, mine don't match exactly, so...

If it's not too much trouble, could you also fix up the Snake one for me?

Hey James, before you leave this thread, I'd like to ask you a question:

Has anyone ever considered emailing Nintendo or Ubisoft about how much people want to see Rayman appear in Smash? For example, the email would contain the list of supporters this thread has as well as some fanart.
I was just curious.
Please respond.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Please respond.
It'd be nothing but crowd noise. The most you'd get is a generic "we appreciate our fans but can't reply specifically" response.

Social media is the new fangled way to go about it, at least they'll see just how many people are on board.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
They could use Rayman's trophy model and polish it up if they plan on making him a fighter.
I mean, that's something a TON of third party characters can't boast about.
I would prefer they make a new model based on the old one, the problem with Rayman's trophy in my opinion is that it's made with one angle in mind. If you turn around the trophy, his face is very smooshed in.
It'd be nothing but crowd noise. The most you'd get is a generic "we appreciate our fans but can't reply specifically" response.

Social media is the new fangled way to go about it, at least they'll see just how many people are on board.
I don't think writing letters and e-mails would hurt, social media is a better way to get progress, I agree. But letters and emails would be a nice bonus.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I would prefer they make a new model based on the old one, the problem with Rayman's trophy in my opinion is that it's made with one angle in mind. If you turn around the trophy, his face is very smooshed in.
Exactly. You are absolutely correct...

[collapse="This is what they want you to see..."]
[]
[/collapse]

[collapse="But this is how it looks at all angles..."]

Inb4 I make @AndreaAC laugh to death again with this one. >u>[/collapse]

Yeah, I'd prefer that they remake the playable model, like with the DLC version of Mewtwo. Or, you know, Rayman 3 model, the superior one.

So glorious. Now if only they were both here...

I won't give up.
Thanks. Glad you like them.

And yes, Rayman, Snake, and maybe Shantae;

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

[]
[/collapse]

Yeah, I'd prefer that they remake the playable model, like with the DLC version of Mewtwo. Or, you know, Rayman 3 model, the superior one..
I actually prefer the model they showed during the POTD, though I prefer the current one's facial expression.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This one?

.... :| Oh god...I forgot about this one...
That damn thing. It's the one thing that keeps getting me. Why on earth were there two separate trophy models for Rayman at one point? Everyone keeps saying "oh, they just updated it during development." But tell me, why on earth would they update the model for a simple trophy, particularly when the original model came from the developers themselves?

I seriously think that Ubisoft tried to get him into the game but were just too late. Come on, DLC...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Nothing is more boring than just Sonic's head.

It seems like something Sakurai would go with, considering the gear.
And again, his symbol on his stomach actually means something important, as shown in Rayman 2. Sonic's head is just how it's being reference from his 1-Up icons being his head. But for Megaman's gear? idk. I would have just used his helmet or something, since it's very distinguishable from Megaman's design...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Well, for the record, that is what the extra life icon looks like on Sonic games. You know actually, that circle could have actually been Sonic's icon... Y'know?

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I specifically edited the banner to have an O instead of the Lum. I'm sticking with it until Rayman shows up for real.
The Lum is way cooler though :U
But I guess the "O" holds more significance to Rayman's franchise than say, Mega Man's gear to his (the existence of it is a great mystery of our time).
woah! the feels, this drawing is too strong

this girl should be replaced by sukapon
oh my god
im 10 pages late but this is amazing, umbrella being in it is icing on the cake haha

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

[]
[/collapse]

Yeah, I'd prefer that they remake the playable model, like with the DLC version of Mewtwo.
That is the true definition of the Uncanny Valley, my friend. Ray's model in the trophy would only look right at one angle while he could be best described as "deep in the valley" if you looked at him from any other very view. I see what Ubisoft (or Sakurai's team) was going for, but the they could have at least did better job with the trophies. All I know is that Barbara and Globox will my haunting my dreams the more I look at them. *shudders*

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That damn thing. It's the one thing that keeps getting me. Why on earth were there two separate trophy models for Rayman at one point? Everyone keeps saying "oh, they just updated it during development." But tell me, why on earth would they update the model for a simple trophy, particularly when the original model came from the developers themselves?

I seriously think that Ubisoft tried to get him into the game but were just too late. Come on, DLC...
Ubisoft: Quick! Throw money and a 3D model at Nintendo and try to get Rayman in Smash!

Sakurai: Take DAT and make it a cool trophy!!

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Going into 2015, I think Ubisoft knows that they need to fix the bad reputation they had received in 2014. I mean, nearly all of their major games were either unfinished, buggy, or there were microtrancations in them. Not to mention the fact that UPlay was shoved down the throats of many consumers. Ubisoft does have many opportunities to regain the trust of many fans.

And what better way to do so than to celebrate the 20th birthday of Rayman, the character that put them on the map.

I don't know about you guys, but putting Rayman in Super Smash Bros. would give them a TON of positive coverage. It just seems like a thing that they SHOULD DO. And if Nintendo doesn't want to put him in, then Ubisoft could try to rebuild their relationship with Nintendo by producing some exclusive games for Wii U and 3DS. Whatever money Ubisoft loses in the partnership would be covered by how well the Rayman DLC sells.
When you think about it, it's a win-win scenario for everyone; Nintendo has Ubisoft develop some exclusive games for their platforms and Ubisoft would have their mascot appear in Smash.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm just hoping for anything for Rayman's 20th. A third UbiArt game with more returning characters (Ly, Clark, etc..) would be amazing, or even the announcement of a new 3D game on the way. Rayman in Smash would be sweet, sweet icing.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I'm just hoping for anything for Rayman's 20th. A third UbiArt game with more returning characters (Ly, Clark, etc..) would be amazing, or even the announcement of a new 3D game on the way. Rayman in Smash would be sweet, sweet icing.
It would be so fitting if Rayman was put in Smash this year. I mean, there's no better way to celebrate a legend than to put him in a game full of legends to fight (Smash).

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If anything, Ubisoft knows people really want Rayman in Smash; so they may take the opportunity to capitalize with a new game that having him in Smash would be promoting; pleasing both them and the fans.

As long as there's no sign of Rabbids in said game, everyone wins. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I personally think the Sonic Team logo was the best symbol they could use for Sonic.

I have no idea how Sakuari thought the gear was a good idea.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I personally think the Sonic Team logo was the best symbol they could use for Sonic.

I have no idea how Sakuari thought the gear was a good idea.
You guys all missed the joke.

Anyway, how about some interesting discussion? Everyone join in!

If Rayman got in with these exact alts, which one would be your go-to?

I'd stick with OG Rayman 90% of the time, but Raymesis would probably be my favorite alt.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'd stick with OG Rayman 90% of the time, but Raymesis would probably be my favorite alt.
Whoops! My bad.

I would use the original Rayman, I like using a character's actual colors when I play as them.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Heavy Metal Fist >= Default > Lockjaws (although the color scheme is a tad off with the hair..) > Rocket > Dark Ray > Vortex > Raymesis > Throttle.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I would use the original Rayman, I like using a character's actual colors when I play as them.
Yeah, on the Wii U version I typically use their original colour, but on the 3DS I pick an alt since it remembers the last one used.

I also use my favorite alts for my custom characters.
Heavy Metal Fist >= Default > Lockjaws (although the color scheme is a tad off with the hair..) > Rocket > Dark Ray > Vortex > Raymesis > Throttle.
The hair is off? Maybe the blue is a bit deep, but I was trying to make it a bit more distinct compared to the other two Fire Emblem Lords blue haired alts.

Hmm, putting them all in order, my favorites would be:
  • Raymesis
  • Dark Ray
  • Lockjaw
  • Throttle Copter
  • Vortex
  • Heavy Metal Fist
  • Shock Rocket

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Original, since I think the colour scheme works best. If I had to pick an alt, though, the blue 'n' red one is quite nice (whoops, my ignorance is showing~).

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Raymesis
Original
Dark
Heavy Metal
Shock Rocket
Lockjaw
Throttle Copter
Vortex

in that order

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, on the Wii U version I typically use their original colour, but on the 3DS I pick an alt since it remembers the last one used.

I also use my favorite alts for my custom characters.
The hair is off? Maybe the blue is a bit deep, but I was trying to make it a bit more distinct compared to the other two Fire Emblem Lords blue haired alts.

Hmm, putting them all in order, my favorites would be:
  • Raymesis
  • Dark Ray
  • Lockjaw
  • Throttle Copter
  • Vortex
  • Heavy Metal Fist
  • Shock Rocket
Yeah, it's just because I'm refering back to the alt's thing I did just because..

Rayman Power Up Alts Preview.png

I'm use to how it's lighter here then it is there with those alt versions, but it's still fine as it is.

Original, since I think the colour scheme works best. If I had to pick an alt, though, the blue 'n' red one is quite nice (whoops, my ignorance is showing~).
Heavy Metal Fist is the name.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If I had to pick my favorite alts.
Raymesis
Heavy Metal
Lockjaw
Vortex
Shock Rocket
Throttle Copter
Dark Rayman

Actually, a question for all of you, if Rayman were to get an actual costume, what would you want it to be?
Me personally, I would like to see the original Rayman from the first game.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I don't ever use palette swaps except for Villager and ROB (Smash 4).

Top Bottom