• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Any Nintendo Direct news would be worth getting hyped about. I want to learn more about Majora's Mask 3D, as well as if they'll announce any Amiibo features for Captain Toad, or announce more news for Yoshi's Wooly World. And like you said, even if Rayman won't be announced by now, some Smash Bros update news would be good. Also, I know this is far-fetched, but I'm really hoping that they do a Year of Bowser this year like they've done for Luigi, with Mario Party 10 being one of the first games for it. But I am going off topic on this, aren't I?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Things I'm hoping for from this direct:
  • Give me the New 3DS, Nintendo.
  • Majora's Mask 3D information/release date.
  • More info on Mewtwo/Soundtrack/release date.
  • Surprise trailer with Mewtwo and a second DLC character.
  • He's been keeping us waiting, huh?
  • Zelda U info/release date, maybe?
  • Splatoon info.
  • Absolutely anything MGS related.
  • Absolutely anything about Rayman. In my dreams.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hopes for Direct:

- Mewtwo trailer
- New 3DS
- Snake
- Rayman
- If Sylux becomes DLC I will keel over and die.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
For the direct, I expect to hear something about Mewtwo, and I hope we hear more info on Splatoon and Wooly World, can't wait for those games. As well as some new amiibos info.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
If I recall, they have yet to reveal more info on the Miiverse stage and the option to share custom stages and photos between friends for Smash Bros Wii U, besides the Mewtwo DLC.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No Smash news besides amiibo.

Oh well.
I finally get my Ness and Pac-Man Amiibo.

I am very happy.

But then Young Link and Tingle in Hyrule Warriors. I don't mind Tingle much, but why are we always cursed with another Link?
There is no love for the Happy Mask Salesman.

At least the New 3DS and MM3D are coming way sooner than expected, my body is far more than ready.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I finally get my Ness and Pac-Man Amiibo.

I am very happy.

But then Young Link and Tingle in Hyrule Warriors. I don't mind Tingle much, but why are we always cursed with another Link?
There is no love for the Happy Mask Salesman.

At least the New 3DS and MM3D are coming way sooner than expected, my body is far more than ready.
I guess they'll talk more about any possible Smash Bros DLC probably in March.

Yeah, I admit, I would like to see the HMS to be featured in Hyrule Warriors in some capacity, like an alternate costume or such. I can't help but to feel that Toon Link might show up as DLC as well.

Good thing I've been saving up on the side by the time Majora's Mask comes out soon.

One thing I was disappointed with this Direct is how Captain Toad utilizes it's Amiibo. I mean, all it does is gives us a pixel Toad for to find in levels, ala Hidden Luigi. Seriously Nintendo? I don't mind Mario Party 10's Amiibo features. In fact, I was happy that DK is playable again, along with Rosalina.

EDIT: Made my 100th post here! YAY! :D

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
One thing I was disappointed with this Direct is how Captain Toad utilizes it's Amiibo. I mean, all it does is gives us a pixel Toad for to find in levels, ala Hidden Luigi. Seriously Nintendo? I don't mind Mario Party 10's Amiibo features. In fact, I was happy that DK is playable again, along with Rosalina.

EDIT: Made my 100th post here! YAY! :D
Donkey Kong hasn't been playable in a Mario Party game in, like, forever. Am I hyped for his return? Heck ya! No more of those stupid DK spaces on the board (the Mario Party board, not SmashBoards)! If that wasn't enough, my waifu Rosalina is finally playable in Party! With all this, I might start getting into the Mario Party series again! I haven't played the Party games since Mario Party DS. *gets hit with nostalgia* And, yeah, Captain Toad Amiibo support sucks, but I'm still going to get a Toad Amiibo, since he WAS my favorite Mario character, before you-know-who was introduced in Super Mario Galaxy.

Also, congrats on 100 posts, Rayman4Smash!:estatic:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Donkey Kong hasn't been playable in a Mario Party game in, like, forever. Am I hyped for his return? Heck ya! No more of those stupid DK spaces on the board (the Mario Party board, not SmashBoards)! If that wasn't enough, my waifu Rosalina is finally playable in Party! With all this, I might start getting into the Mario Party series again! I haven't played the Party games since Mario Party DS. *gets hit with nostalgia* And, yeah, Captain Toad Amiibo support sucks, but I'm still going to get a Toad Amiibo, since he WAS my favorite Mario character, before you-know-who was introduced in Super Mario Galaxy.

Also, congrats on 100 posts, Rayman4Smash!:estatic:
I just realized the last Mario Party game I've played was 4. That's why it seems odd that people keep saying DK has been missing for so long.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey guys! I've been busy lately with the Paint mode in Smash Bros, so I haven't had much time to do battles lately, but since I got my Rayman trophy, I've been working on a little something for a long time. Thankfully, it's finally finished!

Original Miiverse post here

This is gonna be my new profile pic. :)

Also, here's another thing that I've done a while back:

I call this the Four MEN of Video Games, with great emphasis on MEN.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey guys! I've been busy lately with the Paint mode in Smash Bros, so I haven't had much time to do battles lately, but since I got my Rayman trophy, I've been working on a little something for a long time. Thankfully, it's finally finished!

Original Miiverse post here

This is gonna be my new profile pic. :)

Also, here's another thing that I've done a while back:

I call this the Four MEN of Video Games, with great emphasis on MEN.
Pac-Man! Mega Man! Rayman! And..... Mario...man...

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
You have no idea how many people on DA mistook it for the real thing at first.
link pls

also, I cant believe how people have not photoshopped the 3D Rayman trophy into a "real" character, like photoshop it so his mouth is closed, turn the head making it look forward, put the fists clunched, eyes forward, and the fists in front of him.

EDIT: Just found it lmao

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Hello, WVdUde here. Does anyone believe we can get Rayman in after Legends lost its exclusiveness in all regions (excluding Japan), the canceling on Zombi U 2, the removal of future Assassin's Creed games from Wii U, and this? Seems like things have gotten rocky between Nintendo and Ubisoft.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hello, WVdUde here. Does anyone believe we can get Rayman in after Legends lost its exclusiveness in all regions (excluding Japan), the canceling on Zombi U 2, the removal of future Assassin's Creed games from Wii U, and this? Seems like things have gotten rocky between Nintendo and Ubisoft.
People try to use the same excuse with Snake and Konami. These are companies doing business, not kids who can't get along with each other anymore. Wii U sales are pretty low, so Ubisoft is simply going where the money is. Besides, Rayman is in the game anyway so Nintendo is already paying royalties for such a minor appearance, which only helps his situation.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
People try to use the same excuse with Snake and Konami. These are companies doing business, not kids who can't get along with each other anymore. Wii U sales are pretty low, so Ubisoft is simply going where the money is. Besides, Rayman is in the game anyway so Nintendo is already paying royalties for such a minor appearance, which only helps his situation.
How realistic do you think it is that Sakurai will put in another third-party character in after the main game has already been released. Will our voices really be heard? I'm a supporter as long as you think things are realistic.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
How realistic do you think it is that Sakurai will put in another third-party character in after the main game has already been released. Will our voices really be heard? I'm a supporter as long as you think things are realistic.
It depends on if we even get more character DLC past Mewtwo.

PS All-Stars had multiple third party characters as DLC, but that game was pretty much made of third parties.
It still shows that adding third party characters after a game is finished is possible.

I personally think Rayman has great chances, as I believe Ubisoft made an attempt to get him in the game as such.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've got some good Wii U news everyone. December 2014 was the best month for the system throughout its lifespan, and SSB4 and Mario Kart 8 helped Nintendo reach those numbers. They've got some good momentum going so far. Hopefully Ubisoft jumps back on the support wagon in a couple months.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I've got some good Wii U news everyone. December 2014 was the best month for the system throughout its lifespan, and SSB4 and Mario Kart 8 helped Nintendo reach those numbers. They've got some good momentum going so far. Hopefully Ubisoft jumps back on the support wagon in a couple months.
Let's hope that it's not all in vain. I highly doubt Ubisoft is going to give the Wii U owners games like another Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs 2, since they claimed that Wii U owners aren't interested in M rated games anymore, not that I really care about those, anyway. But so help me, if they're going to skip out on Nintendo again for this E3.....

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Let's hope that it's not all in vain. I highly doubt Ubisoft is going to give the Wii U owners games like another Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs 2, since they claimed that Wii U owners aren't interested in M rated games anymore, not that I really care about those, anyway. But so help me, if they're going to skip out on Nintendo again for this E3.....
Um they are obviously not if they already have a game that they are holding. For God's sake guys did y'all even look at the date on that report that was posted above? It says June 4, 2014 the install base is MUCH bigger now, that game will be released this year I guarantee it.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Silence.

Well, not anymore.:laugh:
I clicked on "Reply" to directly get a link to the image in your post that seemed like it refused to display then I realized there was no image in your post :lol:

Is anyone interested in taking my poll? It's in my signature.
Is there the possibility of adding a "Other (specify)" vote option? Because I'd like to vote for a Tetris character (yes I'm serious). In that post I also specify Magikarp but contrary to a Tetris character I only imagine it as a 100 % joke so I'm not going to vote for Magikarp anyway.

Also I had a weird dream about Rayman in Smash this night... I dreamed that there was a Rayman stage in Brawl, it looked like nothing specific from the Rayman series but it definitely had the art style of Origin and Legends, and I'm pretty sure I saw Captain Falcon fighting on it. But no, Rayman wasn't playable and in my dream I complained about this stage being cut in SSB4 ahah.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to share this with you guys.
:psycho:

And before anyone asks APEX is on the 30th.

Top Bottom