• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Though it would suck a lot if Rayman representation doesn't have references to 3D titles at all.
I'd like to point out that Pac-Man suffered big time from this, so Rayman is likewise prone to it.

Pac-Man had lots of possible rep from Pac-Man World; nothing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd like to point out that Pac-Man suffered big time from this, so Rayman is likewise prone to it.

Pac-Man's Uair is from World.

Pac-Man is also iconic for his arcade games, whereas Rayman is iconic for his first two games. Pac-Man also got an attack and stage from Pac-Land, a really obscure game, so Sakurai would likely dig through Rayman's history for inspiration.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pac-Man's Uair is from World.

Pac-Man is also iconic for his arcade games, whereas Rayman is iconic for his first two games. Pac-Man also got an attack and stage from Pac-Land, a really obscure game, so Sakurai would likely dig through Rayman's history for inspiration.
One attack out of many. No Butt Bounce is seriously a waste.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
One attack out of many. No Butt Bounce is seriously a waste.
Well, we have plenty of ground pound moves already, even if Pac would have had a unique bounce to his.

I would have liked the move more than the Hydrant, but I ultimately feel that the Hydrant is more useful than it would have been.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, we have plenty of ground pound moves already, even if Pac would have had a unique bounce to his.

I would have liked the move more than the Hydrant, but I ultimately feel that the Hydrant is more useful than it would have been.
Really, it comes down to personal likes. I did not experience Pac-Land, for instance, but grew up on the Playstation with Pac-Man World and its sequels, so not seeing a lot of material from World is disappointing on a personal level, although the sheer creativity of Pac's other moves impresses me.

On the other hand, now that I think about it, Rayman would not be as prone to the issue. It's true we might not see material from every single game if he gets in, and should expect completely new moves from scratch, but the majority of his moveset potential stems from the original trilogy primarily, with things like the plunger gun from Rabbids or Rabbids themselves being a side possibility.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Now that I have Smash Bros, I'm going to work on making the Rayman-based stages.

Any idea which music I should play for the Kung-Foot stage?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Both the Reflux battle theme and the Rayman Legends theme need to be in the game in some capacity if Rayman gets in.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The only theme that needs to be in is Rayman 2's main theme. It embodies the essence of Rayman.

I'd definitely want the Hoodoo theme over Reflux's theme if I had to pick one from Rayman 3.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So I've been playing for a bit, including some online matches. When I was playing Classic Mode as Megaman, I didn't get a Rayman trophy, but I did happen to get this:

One thing I noticed that for the trophies I got so far, they have a trophy box that categorizes them based on certain themes. Oddly, Rayman and Globox doesn't seem to be placed in any trophy boxes themselves. I wonder why? Are there any other trophies besides Rayman and co who aren't categorized via trophy box?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So I've been playing for a bit, including some online matches. When I was playing Classic Mode as Megaman, I didn't get a Rayman trophy, but I did happen to get this:

One thing I noticed that for the trophies I got so far, they have a trophy box that categorizes them based on certain themes. Oddly, Rayman and Globox doesn't seem to be placed in any trophy boxes themselves. I wonder why? Are there any other trophies besides Rayman and co who aren't categorized via trophy box?
A couple of them are like that, some understandable like alt versions of characters, but a couple of them are rather weird, like Daisy, Shadow, and the Reaper from Kid Icarus. The reason Rayman, Globox, and Barbara aren't in trophy boxes is probably because they're characters from a third party series that doesn't have a playable rep, I don't even think Commander Video is a part of the trophy box collection.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

A few, I know for a fact that K. Rool isn't in one, and I'm sure there are more.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well, if that's the case, I was hoping it would indicate some sort of DLC in the future for Rayman in which he would get more trophies from his series, as well as him playable. It's a dumb theory, I know, but I still wish it happens. :(

Staarih

Smash Master
So, I just got Rayman Legends on the Wii U (75% off sounded like a good deal) a couple of days ago and while I've known about Rayman's existence for quite some time, I've never come around to playing a game of his before. And I never really thought of him as a suitable character in Smash either. But Rayman Legends is really enjoyable and I've began to see Rayman as a fun choice of a character to be included in a Smash game, so I'd totally be up for that now!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So, I just got Rayman Legends on the Wii U (75% off sounded like a good deal) a couple of days ago and while I've known about Rayman's existence for quite some time, I've never come around to playing a game of his before. And I never really thought of him as a suitable character in Smash either. But Rayman Legends is really enjoyable and I've began to see Rayman as a fun choice of a character to be included in a Smash game, so I'd totally be up for that now!
If just Legends was able to turn you, then you should definitely check out his older games!

Rayman 2 in particular is a fan favorite, and generally held as one of the greatest platformers of the time.

Of course, the first game is definitely a must, as long as you don't mind Nintendo Hard games.

Also, welcome to the Glade!

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

I'd also like to point out that Mega Man's moveset was also inspired by his classic games (mainly Mega Man 2). Sonic's moveset is filled with spindashing, which did actually fit him. It seems like Sakurai and crew want to stick to the origins of the third-party characters in Smash.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'd also like to point out that Mega Man's moveset was also inspired by his classic games (mainly Mega Man 2). Sonic's moveset is filled with spindashing, which did actually fit him. It seems like Sakurai and crew want to stick to the origins of the third-party characters in Smash.
A decision that I can respect, but once again, personal likes. I have no issue with Pac's moveset as is, in fact I think it's one of the more creative ones, but nostalgia still irks me in that regard.

Mega Man does not have the badass Astro Crush and that sucks.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
A decision that I can respect, but once again, personal likes. I have no issue with Pac's moveset as is, in fact I think it's one of the more creative ones, but nostalgia still irks me in that regard.

Mega Man does not have the badass Astro Crush and that sucks.
Yeah, I think Pac-Man World would have been a better source for a moveset, but Pac-Man's Arcade Era is good, too. I just wish they would have put some music from Pac-Man World 2 instead of stuffing random Namco Arcade tunes into the mix, but oh well!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The arcade Pac-Man was the first game I ever played so Pac's current moveset pleases me greatly.

But this isn't the Pac-Man social thread.

I'd take almost anything if it were Rayman, just having him would blow my mind in the first place.
But if he has the damn plunger gun from Raving Rabbids...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'd take almost anything if it were Rayman, just having him would blow my mind in the first place.
But if he has the damn plunger gun from Raving Rabbids...
Which is still a feasible possibility despite how most would love to forget RR.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
In any case, the only possible references they'll make is from both Origins and Legends. Though I would be surprised if they did mentioned the previous games, albeit subtly. Granted, the two games listed for most trophies aren't always listed from first to recent, so Rayman would be no exception.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I was playing Cards Against Humanity the other day and caught this from my custom deck:

Capture.PNG

The blackened things are questionable things, of course, but you only care about the one in blue.

Just thought I'd share. :p

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hey guys! Just to go off topic a bit, my copy of the 3DS version of Smash Bros came in today! So now that I've both the Wii U and 3DS versions, I was able to redeem the bonus CD soundtrack offer from Club Nintendo, as well as the Mewtwo DLC in advance. :D

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's been a while since the last Nintendo Direct.

It'd be nice if we got more news on Smash DLC, even if they don't name any characters, just confirming that we'll get more...

I also have some hope for the announcement of a new Rayman game for his anniversary.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's been a while since the last Nintendo Direct.

It'd be nice if we got more news on Smash DLC, even if they don't name any characters, just confirming that we'll get more...

I also have some hope for the announcement of a new Rayman game for his anniversary.
E3. Nintendo Press Conference/Ubisoft Press Conference (whichevers first). Bet money.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
E3. Nintendo Press Conference/Ubisoft Press Conference (whichevers first). Bet money.
He's right. The only possibility for a Rayman announcement, whether it's for DLC or a brand new game, we would have to wait for it until the time is right.

Speaking of which, as a tiger who earned his stripes and an angle who got its wings, I'm proud to say that as a member of this group, I finally made my mark by getting the legendary Rayman trophy! :)

I got it when playing Trophy Rush with Donkey Kong, and I was racking up quite a combo there. I also unlocked the CommanderVideo trophy in the process. All I need left is Barbara.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's a Band Land I drew up, I based it off a Band Land stage I made in stage builder. I also used the Rayman 4 concept art of Band Land as a background. I'm quite proud of how it turned out.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Here's a Band Land I drew up, I based it off a Band Land stage I made in stage builder. I also used the Rayman 4 concept art of Band Land as a background. I'm quite proud of how it turned out.
You showed me that on DA and it looks awesome! I do plan to do a Band Land like stage in Stage Builder one day.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
<--------- I friggin love my Mr. Dark styled Robin right now. Friend drew it for me.

Now stare at it and listen to his gem of a theme.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
The glade of dreams makes me think that its a gigantic swamp, I have no idea why, its just random

Also, Mr. Dark for stage hazard for Rayman's stage?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The glade of dreams makes me think that its a gigantic swamp, I have no idea why, its just random

Also, Mr. Dark for stage hazard for Rayman's stage?
Mr. Dark could fit as hazard or Assist Trophy. I'd accept either if it means having another full physical appearance after 20 friggin years.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Mr. Dark could fit as hazard or Assist Trophy. I'd accept either if it means having another full physical appearance after 20 friggin years.
I'd be amazed if he even got a regular trophy.

Particularly so when we don't even know what he'll look like.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'd be amazed if he even got a regular trophy.

Particularly so when we don't even know what he'll look like.
Rayman, Globox and Barbara getting trophies at all, out of nowhere, without explanation, is amazing.

If the Origins version of the Magician got a trophy in place of Mr. Dark I'd be pissed.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Rayman, Globox and Barbara getting trophies at all, out of nowhere, without explanation, is amazing.

If the Origins version of the Magician got a trophy in place of Mr. Dark I'd be pissed.
Well I'd expect the Magician to get a trophy, since he's the latest antagonist.

I think Razorbeard and Andre would have good chances to get trophies.

Oh man, I wonder what Razorbeard would look like in the new style. Or HD for that matter.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
If Mr. Dark were to appear as either an Assist Trophy or stage hazard, he would probably be in his original 2D sprite, similar to Lakitu and the Flying Men. That's my guess, anyway.

EDIT: New Nintendo Direct approaching this Wednesday at 6 AM PT, focusing on Wii U and 3DS games for Spring 2015. Though I highly doubt they'll talk about anything relating to Smash Bros DLC, let alone anything related about Rayman.

Last edited:
Top Bottom