• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I never got the appeal of Bayonetta in Smash, if the second game wasn't a Wii U exclusive, no one would be discussing her. Besides, I think Wonder Red would be a much better choice if we had a Platinum character, it would be easier as well, since Nintendo owns the IP.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Bayonetta would have to be butchered heavily to match ratings and whatnot, plus Platinum doesn't have interest in adding her anyway.

speaking honestly i'd love the masked lumen in smash but whatevs
Same thing would apply to Snake, more or less.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Really? How so? Not using guns?

Snake might have allot of guns at his disposal but his explosives work really well and are pretty accurate to his games.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake was already in Brawl.

They barely did anything to him, the main point of MGS is sneaking anyway.

You must understand, while Rayman has taken over Banjo's place as my favorite character (with Banjo dead), Snake holds a very close third place. And I've only played one MGS game. After many hours of reading the story of the games, watching videos, and eventually playing Ground Zeroes (which I loved), I've come to hold the series and Snake very dear, even if I'm not a "proper" fan.

Though I want Rayman far more than any other character, even King K. Rool, Snake is the only one on par with him by how much I want him in the game. And by virtue of being a veteran, I feel like Snake deserves to come back even more so.

This is the Rayman support thread, but it's still my thread too, so there'll be a fair amount of Snake support flowing through here.

Prease understand.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Snake was already in Brawl.

They barely did anything to him, the main point of MGS is sneaking anyway.

You must understand, while Rayman has taken over Banjo's place as my favorite character (with Banjo dead), Snake holds a very close third place. And I've only played one MGS game. After many hours of reading the story of the games, watching videos, and eventually playing Ground Zeroes (which I loved), I've come to hold the series and Snake very dear, even if I'm not a "proper" fan.

Though I want Rayman far more than any other character, even King K. Rool, Snake is the only one on par with him by how much I want him in the game. And by virtue of being a veteran, I feel like Snake deserves to come back even more so.

This is the Rayman support thread, but it's still my thread too, so there'll be a fair amount of Snake support flowing through here.

Prease understand.

Right. Sorry about that.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As long as Rayman gets in, then I wouldn't mind Snake getting in as well.
You could replace this with any potential character and it'd represent the sentiment in every support thread, however unlikely said character is.

"As long as X gets in, then I wouldn't mind Y getting in as well." X is the character you support, Y is anyone else.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Im VERY afraid of DLC, we all now when any DLC character comes out, there will be LOADED TONS of them on for glory/for fun, friends, etc
that kinda makes it unspecial since almost everyone knows the moveset and they can dodge the tactics that "you know" which other people already know.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You could replace this with any potential character and it'd represent the sentiment in every support thread, however unlikely said character is.

"As long as X gets in, then I wouldn't mind Y getting in as well." X is the character you support, Y is anyone else.
And that's suppose to be good, right?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And that's suppose to be good, right?
Eh...

It's fine unless a character actually does make it in and said character's fanbase gets raged on by any and/or all the others.

K. Rool makes it, Dixie fans rage and viceversa.

Bomberman makes it, Snake/Rayman fans rage and viceversa(third party things).

Sylux makes it in, Ridley/Adam/Anthony fans rage. Maybe not viceversa.

Wolf makes it in, Lucas fans rage and viceversa(both are cut semi clones). Probably the most likely case if post-Mewtwo DLC is a thing.

And so on.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Eh...

It's fine unless a character actually does make it in and said character's fanbase gets raged on by any and/or all the others.

Wolf makes it in, Lucas fans rage and viceversa(both are cut semi clones). Probably the most likely case if post-Mewtwo DLC is a thing.

And so on.
The characters we need BADLY for reps from the series are:
Donkey Kong
Mother
Metroid

and a little bit for Kirby
man... I really hope they release more DLC characters that don't take up a full year just to make one, it could take them only one year to make 3.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The characters we need BADLY for reps from the series are:
Donkey Kong
Mother
Metroid

and a little bit for Kirby
man... I really hope they release more DLC characters that don't take up a full year just to make one, it could take them only one year to make 3.
Mother is debatable but I won't begin that discussion. Metroid and DK, agreed. We have Samus twice and damn dirty apes twice.
Ironically, the most popular and logical/possible reps for both series are villains(Ridley (but that's not happening) and Sylux for the former, K. Rool for the latter).

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sorry to break up the current discussion...

I was working on a new sig, using this amazing stain glass art by quas-quas.

It even has Snake! But the problem is the lack of Rayman, I hollowed one out, but I don't think I could even attempt to replicate the style, so I'm trying to figure out some kind of workaround. I'm digging around for Rayman art that might fit well.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548

It even has Snake! But the problem is the lack of Rayman, I hollowed one out, but I don't think I could even attempt to replicate the style, so I'm trying to figure out some kind of workaround. I'm digging around for Rayman art that might fit well.
The best of luck replicating one!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Looking around, you probably saw this one.

I searched quite literally.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Well that was fast.

I just need to work up a background and find some way to get that pattern onto him. I have an idea for that..

I think the hardest part will be matching the font.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
No worries mate, sorry if I came off as a bit harsh. I just like Rayman and Snake banding together like a dynamic duo.

I know if they both make it in, they'll both jump over Olimar as my most used characters.
They wouldn't even need to jump.:troll:

Eh...

And so on.
Oh, the wars. Gotta love 'em!:laugh:

Well that was fast.

I just need to work up a background and find some way to get that pattern onto him. I have an idea for that..

After you do Rayman's stain glass thingy, could I use it for my signature? Just asking.:)

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548

Well that was fast.

Just do a cheap way lol
But if you do find the correct text, tell me because im interested in making one for the wonderful one :yeahboi:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What font is that? :smirk: and what background is that? :colorful:

also, theres a little orange at the bottom outside of the glass.
I just used the letters from the other windows, there happened to be just what I needed.

I just hodge podged the background together. I noticed the orange (there's some blue leaking out too) but I'm lazy.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bayonetta was probably high in the poll also because of her moveset potential too.
And to reiterate True Blue Warrior, you don't have to factor likeliness when you decide the characters on the poll.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bayonetta was probably high in the poll also because of her moveset potential too.
Rayman is one of the most unique possible characters, he's up there with Olimar, Mega Man, and Rosalina in terms of uniqueness.

Plus most of his moves in Origins/Legends were practically made with Smash in mind.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I wouldn't go as far as that, those guys provide a completely different playstyle compared to Rayman. He's visually unique, as unique as Wii Fit Trainer to be exact. Unless you can give a play style that could really work for Rayman, I don't think he should be in the likes of Olimar, Rosalina, and Mega Man.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wouldn't go as far as that, those guys provide a completely different playstyle compared to Rayman. He's visually unique, as unique as Wii Fit Trainer to be exact. Unless you can give a play style that could really work for Rayman, I don't think he should be in the likes of Olimar, Rosalina, and Mega Man.
Miss Fit isn't visually unique. Unless standard human shapes are unique now, white skin regardless.

You must have never played a Rayman game if you can't see him being unique. Remember that some people thought Mega Man could end up a Samus clone and look how that turned out, real fans know what their character can do.

By the very nature of being Rayman, there's no possible way he can't be unique. His lack of limbs gives him the range of a projectile user without the projectiles, he would have the longest ranged physical attacks of any fighter. Mega Man's uniqueness is mostly in his projectile normal attacks, which Rayman would also have, but with his fists. Rayman would have a disjointed hitbox, so projectiles could even go through him without damage if they miss any parts of him. Hell, if you bothered to read the OP, I put together a moveset for him there, and I'm sure Sakurai would do even better. He has so many tools at his disposal.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The genre, the way she attacks, and type of person she is (being a gym trainer) makes her stand out visually, just like how Rayman stands out with his limbs visually. I have played Rayman Legends and the Challenges App constantly before the game released, and I still don't really find him as a character that stands out gameplay-wise. From all the Rayman games I seen footage of, his only options is his fists, feet, and the ability to shoot out a yellow projectile, none having a very distinct characteristic.

His lack of limbs gives him the range of a projectile user without the projectiles, he would have the longest ranged physical attacks of any fighter.
I think he would probably go as far as the tip of Shulk's Monado when he does a Smash attack, going farther than that would be weird to control with. I don't it's likely he'll hit the farthest, but he'll probably hit and knockback opponents farther than Shulk since he doesn't cover as much range.

Rayman would have a disjointed hitbox, so projectiles could even go through him without damage if they miss any parts of him.
He'd still probably have the same hitbox as every other character. The head and torso are relatively big targets. Could you explain how the projectile things work further? I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
That's like saying Little Mac isn't unique because all he does is punch, or that Pac Man only eats dots and ghosts. Heck! Most of Sonic's moves just have him doing spin attacks. Just because Rayman doesn't seem very special to you doesn't mean Sakurai couldn't surprise with a new move or two like he did with most of the newcomers. If you played the original trilogy of Rayman, then you can see some potential inspiration for Rayman's Smash Moves besides Origins and Legends.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I SUMMON THE WHEEL OF MORALITY!!!

The moral of today's discussion, don't say Rayman isn't unique if you've never played any of his games.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
No, I love the Origins/Legends style, actually.

I was talking about the hidden Raving Rabbid in the picture.

Oh! Now that you mentioned it, I do see it..... *sigh* If Rayman does become playable, let's hope that they don't include the Rabbids in any way, shape, or form.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I don't understand, why do people hate the Rabbids? the "annoyingness", screaming, and design was meant to be a big joke, and they actually did a pretty good job of doing that. But I still actually love them, just because they make everyone think they're "bad"

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Admittedly, I have a soft spot for the Rabbids. The first trailer when it was a platformer is what introduced me to the franchise. I think Raving Rabbids 1 and 2 were decent party games, and I did enjoy Rabbids Go Home. I don't care for them nowadays, but I appreciate them for getting me into Rayman. I wouldn't mind seeing them as a trophy or a Smash Run enemy.

Top Bottom