• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice

Clark can be really helpful, you know?
Oh wow, Clark!

I liked that guy, along with Ly and Mr.Dark. I wish Michel added on to their backround stories more >.< Specially Mr.Dark. I always wonder who he was, and why Betilla was captured by him (isn't she stronger than Rayman during R1?). Yet why Rayman could beat him. Well I guess beat him since he retreated lol Is there like a lore I'm missing for this?

If not, I'd so make my own lol

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh wow, Clark!

I liked that guy, along with Ly and Mr.Dark. I wish Michel added on to their backround stories more >.< Specially Mr.Dark. I always wonder who he was, and why Betilla was captured by him (isn't she stronger than Rayman during R1?). Yet why Rayman could beat him. Well I guess beat him since he retreated lol Is there like a lore I'm missing for this?

=u= It's great to hear you like R1 and R2 so much, I do too. But you might just have to make up your own thing, cause I doubt R1 was as deep in story as much as R2 was, and I think it was just "Fairy gives you powers, go save the world" kind of shtick for Rayman 1 as a focus. xD

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh wow, Clark!

xD Sometimes, making your own lore/headcanon about something is the only option when the companies will never do it, or even consider it to bring it up even if they thought of it in the past (Like Rayman's and Ly's relationship that was hinted a few times by Ancel with his sketches and even in the R2 site I think).

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
=u= It's great to hear you like R1 and R2 so much, I do too. But you might just have to make up your own thing, cause I doubt R1 was as deep in story as much as R2 was, and I think it was just "Fairy gives you powers, go save the world" kind of shtick for Rayman 1 as a focus. xD
Yea I love Rayman 1~3 lol I'd tottally love to make a lore that connect them all together, and give Mr.dark a role of something like.. Betilla and Mr.Dark being friends , but Mr.Dark and had a slight love interest went rouge and changed his name to Mr.dark after something official main Rayman villian (like Browser to Mario or King. K to Donkey Kong) like lied to him about stuff, so he becomes responsible for bad guys coming like Razorbeard an Andre lol

xD Sometimes, making your own lore/headcanon about something is the only option when the companies will never do it, or even consider it to bring it up even if they thought of it in the past (Like Rayman's and Ly's relationship that was hinted a few times by Ancel with his sketches and even in the R2 site I think).

Rayman and Ly had something official in the works?D: omg , I would have loved to see that 100x more than the rabbits x___x

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yea I love Rayman 1~3 lol I'd tottally love to make a lore that connect them all together, and give Mr.dark a role of something like.. Betilla and Mr.Dark being friends , but Mr.Dark and had a slight love interest went rouge and changed his name to Mr.dark after something official main Rayman villian (like Browser to Mario or King. K to Donkey Kong) like lied to him about stuff, so he becomes responsible for bad guys coming like Razorbeard an Andre lol

Rayman and Ly had something official in the works?D: omg , I would have loved to see that 100x more than the rabbits x___x
Yep. They were hinted to be together

Which is why I had them together in everything I drew of the two. xD And HELL YEAH, totally would have wanted more of those two then the bloody Rabbids. >_>

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Which is why I had them together in everything I drew of the two. xD And HELL YEAH, totally would have wanted more of those two then the bloody Rabbids. >_>
I totally agree. But oh well, there's no turn back until Ubi goes back into the roots of the Original Trilogy. And well, as much as I hate them, I owe them that MY PURE HATRED for them made me create something out of it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I totally agree. But oh well, there's no turn back until Ubi goes back into the roots of the Original Trilogy. And well, as much as I hate them, I owe them that MY PURE HATRED for them made me create something out of it.
That's true, which is good that in the end, it made something special for you, your stories with Shay and Rayman. I hate the Rabbids, but I love your stories. So it is what it is.

But still, just like I said before, this is why I will just make my own stories with Ray and Ly, and the rest of the trilogy without Ubi. That way I can remember all the good times I had with the games a played in my childhood.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

That's true, which is good that in the end, it made something special for you, your stories with Shay and Rayman. I hate the Rabbids, but I love your stories. So it is what it is.

But still, just like I said before, this is why I will just make my own stories with Ray and Ly, and the rest of the trilogy without Ubi. That way I can remember all the good times I had with the games a played in my childhood.
Yup, exactly.

And yeah, why we have to wait for them to do that if we can do it ourselves? We already have enough references, memories and well made research to know how to handle a story concept and stuff.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yup, exactly.

And yeah, why we have to wait for them to do that if we can do it ourselves? We already have enough references, memories and well made research to know how to handly a story concept and stuff.
Exactly. Thank you. You are right, and that's why I make the stuff I do, art, games, anything to show my love for the things I cherish from my childhood, and I will always continue to do so.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice

This isn't fanmade??? omg x___x Their blushing to aww TT_TT

I'm pretty happy to see this, but im also sad they're relationship wasn't added into the game D:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I'm pretty happy to see this, but im also sad their relationship wasn't added into the game D:
=u= Well, I do understand, but I think it was just to keep things for being "too complicated" in a kids game where stuff like that really wasn't the focus. But with Ancel's drawings or not, I love those two and I will always have them together for as long as I live.

AndreaAC

I'm pretty happy to see this, but im also sad their relationship wasn't added into the game D:
I say the same. but, it doesn't matter, we can still ship them even if it wasn't shown in game. I say that the fact that Ancel himself made them, makes it canon. That's what I think.

Last edited:

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
=u= Well, I do understand, but I think it was just to keep things for being "too complicated" in a kids game where stuff like that really wasn't the focus. But with Ancel's drawings or not, I love those two and I will always have them together for as long as I live.
I say the same. but, it doesn't matter, we can still ship them even if it wasn't shown in game. I say that the fact that Ancel himself made them, makes it canon. That's what I think.
Ahhh, I guess you two are right. But it's still cool Ancel himself acknowledged them as a couple XD

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
Well, I guess he still does. But yeah, I love them and that's all that matters. xD
True beans lol I look forward to seeing your art of Rayman and Ly :D

But of course! = u = let's hope that someday he does. meanwhile, let's ship them hard anyway. xD
With you there! I hope Ly comes back in the new games and Michel plays with their relationship again lol

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
True beans lol I look forward to seeing your art of Rayman and Ly :D

With you there! I hope Ly comes back in the new games and Michel plays with their relationship again lol
=u= Well, I got this old thing...
Lookin' in the Mirror.png

xD And this as well.

RalyAvi.png

And well, I would hope but I doubt it. But, a man can dream, right?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wow guys, these are some cute drawings :D I could totally see Rayman and Ly like this If Michel adds their relationship to a game :3
=u= Well, I hope for the best. now, TIME for me to go to bed. So, goodnight, and take care! xD

And glad you liked the drawings. :3

EDIT: And well, guess I should add this too.

rayman_s_20th_by_earthgwee-d97pjwl.jpg

http://earthgwee.deviantart.com/art/Rayman-s-20th-557145093
Dat Artsy/R1 pose.

Well, Happy 20th Birthday to you Rayman! Hope to see you around another 20 more!

Last edited:

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
=u= Well, I hope for the best. now, TIME for me to go to bed. So, goodnight, and take care! xD

View attachment 71032
Dat Artsy/R1 pose.

Well, Happy 20th Birthday to you Rayman! Hope to see you around another 20 more!
Wow that Drawing is clean lol but,happy birthday Rayman!:D

I should probably do the same. Goodnight to you my friend. It was a pleasure chatting with you and Andrea XD

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
24 more hours until Rayman's Birthday.
What are you guys going to do to celebrate?
Post the Garfield Happy Birthday video

I'll probably draw something.

View attachment 71032
Dat Artsy/R1 pose.

I can't say this enough, I love the way Gwee draws Rayman, it feels very Disney-each.

AndreaAC

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

View attachment 71032
Dat Artsy/R1 pose.

It's awesome! Thanks for sharing :)!

Other art for the 20th anniversary:

http://rayjade21.deviantart.com/art/Happy-Birthday-Rayman-557337893

http://rayman2000.deviantart.com/art/Rayman-20th-Anniversary-Icon-482157784

And this one made by @Misterfan2000 , a friend, I use this one as Twitter avatar, I really like it, I know it's from a few months ago but it's nice.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's awesome! Thanks for sharing :)!

Other art for the 20th anniversary:

http://rayjade21.deviantart.com/art/Happy-Birthday-Rayman-557337893

http://rayman2000.deviantart.com/art/Rayman-20th-Anniversary-Icon-482157784

And this one made by @Misterfan2000 , a friend, I use this one as Twitter avatar, I really like it, I know it's from a few months ago but it's nice.
Thanks, glad I shared, and, thank you @Misterfan2000 for the art as well.

And yeah, crazy Rayman comparison. Gotta love it.

Screw the Rabbids. That is all.

Top Bottom