• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Smash speculation was exciting overall for me, it was hard to narrow it down to my top three.

Hype Inflating: E3 2013

Ah, the moment I was really waiting for. Our first taste of what the game was really like, and the first two newcomers that were shown were really great picks. One was one of my most wanted, the other a really great minor surprise and my eventual main. Overall pretty awesome.

Runner-Ups

DLC after Mewtwo

I wasn't quite sure we would get anything after Mewtwo, so when Lucas and the ballot showed up, I was pretty pleased. Lucas himself was another good choice to come back, and now there's a second chance for some of the newcomers I wanted that didn't make the cut originally to get in.

Lucario's return

I knew Lucario was in danger, but I wasn't that happy he was. He was my original Brawl main and remained one of my favorites there, as well as one of my favorite Pokemon. I also liked having a non-Gen I representative, and felt (still feel) he was a better choice than any newer Pokemon. So when I loaded the website and saw him as the pic of the day, words really couldn't express my excitement. I was thrilled he returned, and now probably for good.

Honorable mentions:

Bowser Jr. Clowns the Competition: Just missed my top three. I didn't think we were getting two Mario newcomers, so he was a very pleasant surprise, and his moveset is far more unique and interesting than I would have even though.
Little Mac Punches In: My most wanted newcomer. Only reason it didn't make my top three is because I expected him, but it was still cool to see him get confirm.
Ike's return: In a similar position to Lucario, I really liked him and wanted him back, but felt he was in danger. Was very surprised and excited when he was revealed.
Sonic's return: Now he I was fully confident was coming back, but I was still really hyped to have him confirmed. Hard to explain why.
Pac-Man Hungers for Battle: This one's kind of weird because I was never a huge supporter of him, but when he got in I realized I really liked the third party trio they picked out. It got even better once the game came out and he became one of my favorite newcomers to play as, which was something I didn't expect at all.

I was mostly hyped up during speculations, but there were a few things that disappointed me:

Hype Deflating: Ridley

Ugh. I don't even want to go into detail here.

Runner-Ups:

Ice Climbers getting cut

I was a pretty big fan of the Ice Climbers. They were among the most unique characters and also among my favorites. I was pretty confident they would return, even with potential 3DS issues...so needless to say, when I realized they really were gone, I wasn't very happy. I'd love to see them get back in as DLC, but I'm not too confident. Maybe next game.

No Dixie Kong or King K. Rool

I'm a big fan of both characters and thought either would be a great inclusion in Smash. I personally wanted both in, but I still expected one. When it turned out that neither of them got chosen, I was shocked, and kind of disappointed. Really hoping one of them makes it in as DLC.

"Honorable" mentions:

July 14, 2014 - Before I begin, let say that I'm ok with Robin's inclusion. I'm not a big fan of Robin and I don't care for the way they play, but I understand why they got picked and can't deny they bring a lot to the table. Now that they're in, they should stay. Ok, that's out of the way. The trailer happened to occur on my twentieth birthday, and while I was expecting Shulk, a character I didn't really care for at the time (though like Pac-Man he ended up being one of my favorite newcomers to use, lol), I was hoping one of my more wanted characters would show up as a surprise. Instead, the opposite happened, and Chrom, who I actually really wanted, was knocked out of the running. Robin as I said didn't really hype me and while I like Lucina she ended up being a clone, which wasn't very exciting. I've moved on from Chrom now, but it was a let down at the time.

...ok, that was way too long for just an honorable mention. >_> The other one's short and sweet thankfully.
Dark Pit and Dr. Mario: Not that I don't like clones, I just felt these two weren't really great clone choices.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Most Inflating Moments

1.) MegaMan's Reveal
During the Pre-Smash 4 days I thought if third parties were going to comeback for Smash in this iteration I was wondering who would show up this time as a third party newcomer. When it got announced that a Capcom rep was going to be in the game I was skeptical that it'd be MegaMan. During pre-Brawl the top third parties everyone wanted to see was Sonic and MegaMan. We had Sonic but no MegaMan in Brawl. It was almost inetable that he was going to be the next third party newcomer in line to make it in. I can not tell you how hyped I was when I saw his trailer at E3 2013 it is hands down my favorite newcomer trailer of Smash 4.

2.)
Sonic Return
Okay, I think most of knew it was guaranteed that Sonic was going to come back for Smash 4. Still, it was great to see the confirmation of him returning again. For a good while I didnt think that Sonic wouldn't return. Then Sonic Lost World gets announced and it was a partnership game this is when things confirmed he was coming back. Just seeing him crashing the party between Mario and MegaMan was pretty exciting. Not only that, but this also marked a game that would have the Red Plumber, the Blue Bomber, and the Blue Blur in a game. With Sega and Nintendo being pretty close these pass couple of years and this being Sonis's second time in Smash he's pretty much a veteran now and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends being a third party staple for the series now.

3.)
Robin and the Death of the Gematsu Leak
Oh, everybody and I mean everybody was worried about this leak being real.It all started with the first six characters. Animal Crossing Villager, MegaMan, Wii Fit Trainer, Lil Mac, Mii, and PacMan. At E3 2013 three of the characters got announced. Slowly as the year went by we had the reveal of newcomer Rosalina and then few months later was Lil' Mac got revealed. This was what made a lot of people skeptical. I think why everyone was so suspicious about the leak was because of Wii Fit Trainer. Seriously, how can you guess a character like that and get it right? You either have to working for the game or your just really really lucky. Not only did the same guy strikes again during before Smash April Direct but he predicted more characters. Not only did he predict that PacMan and Mii were coming our way but also that h a character that was in that direct got listed and confirmed with Greninja for Pokemon X/Y. E3 2014 the leak started get even more interesting when Mii Fighters and Palutena got confirmed and later on that day the biggest newcomer got revealed which was PacMan. Then after a couple of months after E3 everyone was starting to think this leak was legit and then another Direct comes along. We got Chrom and Lucina right from the jump of the trailer and then after that we get Captain Falcon, Lucina, and Robin confirmed. What made things interesting in that trailer was that Chrom a character that almost everyone either wanted or was expecting to see deconfirmed himself as a playable character and was revealed to be apart of Robins final smash. This made everyone calm down that it left room for so many possiblities for other charcaters that may show up. Robin a character no one expected was what made the Gematsumleak out right wrong. Then fans once again had breathing room for their most wanted newcomer to show up.

Most Deflating Moment
1). Dr. Mario Return
You know who everyone wanted from Melee to come back? Mewtwo not Dr. Mario. If people wanted Dr. Mario they only wanted him as an alternate costume for Mario not a playable character. Which lead to so much controversy amongst fans about whether he should've been in there at all. Though it's been stated that he was more or less a last minute addition to the roster.

2.) Dark Pit
Seriously, Lucina I can understand. But why bring in someone that's pretty much the same character? The fact that Kid Icarus a series that is so small got another rep over other small series that's been in Smash for years like Star Fox, it should have gotten just two I would have just kept at two for that section of the roster.

3.) Over Representation
Even more than the characters how many Mario stages do we have 5-6? As much as I hate to say this I actually would like to see the Paper Mario stage go, if that's the case. Before we had the Wii u version there were so many franchises that didn't get a new stage. Then again it was somewhat understandable because it really the 3DS at least the Wii U kind of made up for it.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Most Hype: This thread and the old one
Speculating with you guys has been so much fun. You guys rock.

Most deflating: Robin reveal trailer
I'm not sure that I've ever been as salty as I was after I saw that trailer. I've warmed up to Robin since (he's now a tertiary of mine) but I still refuse to watch the trailer.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So they fixed Dedede's name in the us version, but apparently R.O.B. still has his emotionless eyes.

Seriously?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Most hype inflating moment: Robin my #1 main character. So far the only character I've beaten Master fortress with.

Most deflating: Ice Climbers deconfirmed. Also you guys voting them as the most overrated character in a landslide. :(

AND HERE ARE THE FINAL RESULTS
MOST HYPE INFLATING
Robin and Lucina Trailer - 9 votes
Megaman Reveal - 5 votes
Mewtwo Reveal - 3 votes
Wanted Characters are Playable - 3 votes
Roy Reveal - 2 votes
Shulk Reveal - 2 votes
April 2014 direct 2 votes
Little Mac reveal - 2 votes
E3 2013 - 2 votes
Lucas Reveal - 1 vote
Sneaking Spirit in Smash Run - 1 vote
50 Fact Extravaganza - 1 vote
ESRB Leak - 1 vote
Rosalina Reveal - 1 vote
DLC Announced - 1 vote
Palutena Reveal - 1 vote

Character Trailers - 1 vote
Mii Fighter Reveal - 1 vote
Rayman Trophies - 1 vote
Smash Ballot Reveal - 1 vote
Greninja Reveal - 1 vote
Today's Presentation - 1 vote
SSB4 Zenith of Public Interest - 1 vote
Wii Fit Trainer Reveal - 1 vote
This Thread and the old one - 1 vote

MOST HYPE DEFLATING
ESRB Leak - 7 votes
Gematsu Leak - 7 votes
All Leaks - 3 votes
Unwanted Characters - 3 votes

Ridley - 3 votes
Mii Fighters - 2 votes
Robin Reveal - 2 votes
No Rhythm Heaven Rep - 1 vote
Waluigi Assist Trophy - 1 vote
Solo Charzard - 1 vote
Midna and Dark Samus Assist Trophies - 1 vote
Skull Kid Assist Trophy - 1 vote
Recent Leak 1 vote
Gematsu Zealots - 1 vote
Ghirahim Assist Trophy - 1 vote
No Custom Moves for DLC - 1 vote
Character Transformations Cut - 1 vote
Amiibo - 1 vote
Sheik Remains Playable Despite Zelda's New Down Special - 1 vote
Shadow Assist Trophy - 1 vote
Too Many Retro Stages - 1 vote
Smash Tour - 1 vote
Dr. Mario Returns - 1 vote
No Tourney's until August - 1 vote
Ice Climbers Cut - 1 vote

Wow, you guys really hate leaks. Note that I only tallied your number one picks for most hype inflating and deflating. Next up we're having a bit of a cool down period where we predict and discuss E3.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Pffft! Easy. I'll just name them in order, but rate them accordingly.

Hype inflating moments:

:4megaman:: Hype- overload
At this time, he was my #1 wanted character in smash. I was already softened up by the official trailer and by the time I stopped watching his reveal for the tenth time, my throat was sore, I had a huge grin on my face, and my couch was thoroughly humped.

:4wiifit:: Hype- 80%
This was just a very pleasant surprise but the hype value didn't settle in until I saw her Final Smash.

:4littlemac:: Hype- 97%
That trailer had me working out for days... Not only was his reveal a complete shock to me( because I thought that his fighting style would be a HUGE set back for him), it got me hoping that we'd get commentary from the Coach on a regular basis!... *sigh* But of course, we didn't...

:4mii::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:: Hype- overload
This was what my hype looked like at a distance when my new #1 character(s) were revealed.

:4palutena: Hype- 100%
My second most wanted character and my #1 character?! Revealed in the same day!!!? My poor heart... My poor town.

Super fighting robot! Hype- 100%
Hype- 100%
Who else jumped and cheered to this moment? Don't lie, I did it too.

:4robinm::4robinf: Hype- 100%
I knew who it was the INSTANT I saw Elwind. At this moment, me and everyone else were either expecting Shulk, Rayman, and eventually Chrom, but by the time I saw his figure, I was already screaming " DON'T MESS WITH ME SAKURAI!!!" at the top of my lungs. I pre-ordered the game right after his trailer.
(s)he was my #3 pick btw.

8 player Smash Hype- 97%

Hype deflating moments:

:rosalina: Disappointment- 79%
"Why"? Legit first reaction.

:4darkpit: Disappointment- 80%
I've grown to extremely loath this character, but that's mainly due to the fact that he's the counter pick to my online main. When we first found out about his inclusion, I was just pissed that he'd be a direct clone like Lucina was.

Finding out that stage bosses suck Disappointment- 100%
That moment when you find out that a cool idea is completely sad to experience...

No Smash-run run-ins with other players Disappointment- 80%
There are a few reasons we could come up with as to why I can't find my brother while he's collecting power-ups, and try to destroy him with my enemy killing items. It doesn't make it any less disappointing that I can't though.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
1. Mother 3 will finally happen.

- There was a joke las year about Mother 3 and the guy got burnt. He asked the same thing with Star Fox. Got completely fired by Reggie's lasers and now there's a new Star Fox.

- Lucas was released today two days before E3.

-And now Mother 1 was released totally completely out of nowhere(pun not intended).

2. Fire Emblem If. Roy will be revealed to be DLC compatible with his amiibo. Fire Emblem If didn't appear in the Micro Direct and Roy was released as DLC two days before the direct.

3. Mario & Sonic Rio 2016: Pretty much expected as it's releasing this year and is a million seller.

4. Xenoblade X NA release date. Well duh.

5. Amiibo Wave 5A NA release date.

6.Project Guard and Giant Robot.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So I just came back to Smashboards after the E3 hype and wow this is a thread that exists. Guess I'll be back to rating chances after the E3 cooldown period! :)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I guess we aren't talking smash bros, do we?
I'm pretty much waiting for Starfox Wiiu reveal, and i get the feeling that they may pull something akin to Ryu and roy, and the game will be way more finished that we though... (I'm alslo kinda hopping a "we are working on wolf" kinda of anouncemente with that XD)

Besides that, a date for Xenoblade and info about hyrule warriors ds are very probable. Some more info about nintendo 3ds XL and stuff. I actually looking forward for info regarding virtual console future.

something i'm waiting to see if they will make a replacement of the club nintendo rewards program and how it would work.

Besides that, they probably will show some info about the new portable console, or whatever that is, maybe some more information of titles like the FExSMT one, I heard there are rumors of a posible bayonetta spin off on the 3ds (recently purchased bayonetta 1 & 2 and they are AMAZING!) and some cool eshop info, I wonder if Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained or Shovel Knight Plague of shadows will be featured... maybe we will get a release date for america for Project Zero? :o what the hell happened with DKR for america, know if the planning releasing mario galaxy in america also, is there be any gamecube vrtual console? will there be non nintendo N64 games? I personally have lot's of questions regarding the e shop.

we may see something new of the new zelda, but i think is unlikely.

Now, for show stealers, besides Starfox Wiiu, I would be very hyped if the reveal anything about the new retro studios project (I'm a little inclined to say it's a new IP), the new metroid, whatever happened to Eternal Darkness spiritual successor or New Mario Kart 8 DLC. A new F-zero would also be rad, but i see it unlikely at least for this year.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well...Roy and Ryu we all saw them coming but did anyone else expect them to be released today along with Lucas?
It has me thinking that we may be receiving more DLC Characters than initially anticipated. I mean 4 DLC characters and the game is not even a year old yet.

Another thing about their inclusions today...This is the first time since DLC was officially confirmed that we now have no characters pending...Since both Roy and Ryu were released without any previous (official) announcements...It is likely that there may be a surprise at E3 in store for Smash DLC...Which pretty much leads to another question...Who's next? Wolf? Another veteran? Perhaps they could take a character or two from the ballot early and throw in a small teaser?

----

E3 Predictions

:4fox: (:wolf:?)
Star Fox for the Wii U is practically guaranteed to be present at E3, which means that pretty much everyone is 'expecting' Wolf to be announced and likely released later in the year, whether or not this will actually happen is another story...Perhpas Wolf may be announced even later in the Summer maybe during August so he will be released closer to Star Fox's likely release date over the holidays...I will not be too surprised if Wolf isn't revealed at E3, but there really isn't any reason he won't be coming as DLC at some some point especially with the highly anticipated Star Fox game on the 'Horizon'...

:4samus:
A New Metroid game...Miyamoto is now taking the helms of the Metroid series, and has stated several interesting things regarding what he has planned for the series...It is likely that we may get announcements for a Wii U title which is possibly being made by Retro Studios, and this title will likely be in the First Person Prime style much like Retros other Metroid titles...There is also the possibility of a new handheld title which is most likely going to be a 2-D style platformer much like Super Metroid and Other Handheld titles...
Either way we will most likely get some news of a new Metroid game at E3 I believe especially since a) there hasn't been a Metroid game released since Other M 5 years ago, and b) next year is metroid's 30th Anniversary...Metroid is still one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and ignoring their 30th wouldn't be wise especially for the large number of fans that are waiting for a new Metroid game...

:4link:
Zelda News and Information, It has already been stated that Zelda Wii U isn't going to be shown at E3 (which is a bummer) but I feel like they will at least show us something, doesn't need to be a full trailer or gameplay, it can be as little as a title for the game or concept art such was the case for Skyward Sword...apparently there's some rumours going around that Twilight Princess HD is likely to be shown, though I have my doubts since we did just receive a remake already earlier in the year, I feel if Twilight Princess HD gets released it may be released sometime in 2017...since Aonuma stated that he's focusing himself on Zelda Wii U forst before moving onto other projects, Zelda Wii U is a huge project that has already spanned longer than most other games out there...
Either way I think we will get some Zelda related news (by that I mean for an official title not Hyrule Warriors) at E3, just to hold the Zelda fans over after delaying the game for over a year...As a Zelda fan myself not hearing news about the game is worse than the actual delay since I'd like to know how things are going at least and what other possible teasers they may show us, rather than just leaving us in the dark...

Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS....this was leaked so it is more than likely going to be shown at E3 with Tetra and The King of the Red Lions...There may be additional content that hasn't been shown or it may simply be nothing more than the trailer that was leaked so far...

:4shulk:
Xenoblade X...Pretty much another guarantee for E3...With Shulk getting his shot in Smash and Xenoblade Chronicles doing well, Nintendo has really been really feeling this IP and is one of the more anticipated games of the year...

:4pikachu:
Pokemon X and Y follow up...Gen 6 and ORAS hype has slowed down, and so far Pokken Tournaments is the only Pokemon related game that seems to be coming out...X and Y has the potential for a more elaborated story such as games like Pokemon Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum...or it could build off of a new story much like Black2 and White2...Nothing was revealed about the Pokemon Volcanion which was discovered through in game data much like Diancie and Hoopa who both have had events so far for XY and ORAS respectively...not too mention what of Zygarde, note: that Zygarde is 'supposed to be' the trio leader with Xerneas and Yveltal but has lower base stats than both making him weaker, that and there were two signature moves discovered regarding Zygarde being Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows, which have been made to counter both Xerneas and Yveltal...
There's also speculation of a possible Pokemon Stadium game for the wii U since so far is the only main console that hasn't received a Pokemon Stadium title...

Splatoon, It is likely we may hear some additional news on possible DLC content for Splatoon...There's a few features that were talked about in the Splatoon direct that has yet to be released/announced/talked about as of yet...

:4marth:
Fire Emblem IF, Another near guarantee...There's already been a lot of information regarding the game released already and it will likely have a lot more released at E3, if Smash is any indication Fire Emblem is getting a big push from Nintendo

:4duckhunt:
A New Duck Hunt...I may or may not be the first to say it, but could Duck Hunt be looking at a possible revival at E3? Punch Out is one game that has had a revival that originated from the retro days and Duck hunt being one of the pioneers of the shooter genre could actually have a lot of hype behind either a remake or a new game entirely...

:4yoshi:
Yoshi's Wooly World, Amiibos, and perhaps other collectible stuff...it comes out later in the month so they may even have soime gameplay footage to show as well...

:4mario:
New Mario games, not just spin-offs like the Rio Olympics with:4sonic:, but news on Mario Maker as well as a possible new Super Mario title...oh and news on the new:4drmario:...

:4mario:vs.:4ryu:?
With Ryu's addition into Smash as well as the already contributed Megaman...will there be an announcement for a Nintendo vs. Capcom game coming?

----

I think I'm done for now...but these are some things I think may or may not happen even if some are pretty obvious like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem or some that are more wishful thinking like Zelda and Metroid or some that are just completely out of left field like a new Duck Hunt...

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh man, I wish I didn't have to get up early tomorrow...

Talk about rekindling my love of the game. I've never put anything on Miiverse before, but I couldn't help myself from putting up a few support posts for my favorites. I'm surprised that the stage is actually pretty tame.

And Roy is totally back in my books! Welcome home!

After work tomorrow, I am getting my game on! Will post predictions then.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Significantly Likely:
-New Star Fox
-More Smash content revealed, to be released later this summer or early in the fall
--Wolf revealed
-Hyrule Warriors 3D
-Xenoblade Chronicles X English trailer--the first one to show the localization!
-Fire Emblem If Trailer (possibly English?) and Western release dates
-Super Mario Maker trailer
-Yoshi's Woolly World trailer
-Pokémon news: Super Mystery Dungeon? Another Kalos game?
-Metroid-related news
-Obligatory EShop/"Nindie" segment

Plausible:
-Animal Crossing U
-Diddy Kong-based title
-Two Smash characters revealed
--One or both are newcomers, potentially ones that were considered early in development but shelved
---Dixie Kong? Someone from Rhythm Heaven? Isaac? Krystal?
-New Metroid trailer
-New Paper Mario announced
-More Pokkén news (With a character reveal or two?)
--Wii U release date for Pokken (It'll happen; the timeframe just might not be figured out yet)
-Bravely Second trailer (just as likely to be in Square-Enix's presentation instead)
-SMTxFE info (They'll probably wait until later, since its release is further off)

Longshots:
-Delphox revealed for Smash! Also revealed to have been considered when discussing characters from Pokémon Gen 6, lost out to Greninja, but was still seen as interesting enough later to become DLC!
-Absol, Delphox, and/or Mienshao revealed for Pokkén!
-New 3DS ports of Okami or Skies of Arcadia!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
E3 Predictions:

Just general predictions or Smash related specifically?

Smash first:

1.) Wolf announced alongside Star Fox Wii U.

2.) MAYBE one more character. This is the first time we've had no characters they've had hyped up for later. I'm positive we'll get at least one character before the end of E3, maybe even two (since we never expected they'd release Roy, Ryu, and Lucas ALL AT THE SAME TIME.)

General:

1.) Star Fox Wii U obviously. Star Wolf will be back. Krystal won't be. (I'm anticipating she won't be, though I hope they don't cut her.)

2.) Diddy Kong Racing Wii U

3.) Earthbound 3D (Mother 3D in Japan; Mother 3 remake for 3DS with localization)

4.) SMT X Fire Emblem official reveal, detailed information on how game works such as using a class-based system like FE titles and having the ability to recruit various FE Lords as allies. Maybe even SMT lead characters (iffy at this point).

5.) Hyrule Warriors expansion pack with four new playable characters and large story expansion. Maybe one new Adventure Map. This will be announced alongside Hyrule Warriors 3D, and will be a separate thing, more like a sequel to Hyrule Warriors but as DLC.

6.) Hyrule Warriors 3D will have different game modes, but will otherwise be identical to Hyrule Warriors with the three villains and Tingle, Tetra, and Daphnes playable from the start. Twili Midna and Young Link won't be in this version, but can be added if you bought them for Wii U.

7.) Animal Crossing Wii U announced for 2016. I'm still iffy on it happening, I certainly don't think its launching this year because the Animal Crossing team only just released Splatoon, and are still working on that game. However, with the AC Amiibo coming out, I think it may be in development, its just not coming out this year because they've been too busy with Splatoon.

8.) Fire Emblem If will release in the west as two separate games. HOWEVER, this game is absolutely massive, with each side apparently being 3 GB. That's way too huge; why is it on 3DS? I'm starting to think that it was planned for Wii U all along, but they made it on 3DS first for the Japanese market. In the west, you can get it on 3DS, or get the Wii U version which has everything all in one, and that will be the advantage given to western owners and give them a greater desire to get the Wii U version. The Wii U version won't release in Japan.

9.) Paper Mario Wii U rumors are FAKE. There, I said it. I don't think Paper Mario has been in development in any way, shape, or form. Intelligent Systems has had too much going on to also be developing Paper Mario. Best-case scenario, they JUST started it after Code Name: STEAM.

10.) Golden Sun 4 teased, maybe a full trailer. It all depends on if Camelot got help to work on the game.

11.) Retro's new game will be announced. Its not Metroid for sure (whatever it is I'm positive its not Metroid based on Retro's own statements). I don't know what it IS. My favorite idea is maybe Retro and Camelot decided to trade projects because Camelot wanted to do a 3D DK game, and Retro wanted to try something new, and went to work on another franchise Michael Kelbaugh had worked on in the past. Kelbaugh already did it with DKC.

12.) Metroid may be teased like Star Fox. I don't think we'll see any more than that.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
E3 predictions
:wolf: DLC
Star Fox U
Eternal Darkness U
Metroid U
Earthbound Beginnings
Blast ball
Advance Wars 3D
Hyrule Warriors 3D

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm separating my predictions from what I want, I assume this fine, right?

E3 prediction: Pokemon Z (near certain)
Pokemon super mystery dungeon (near certain)
Star Fox ( near certain)
Hyrule warriors 3d (near certain)
Mother 3 (likely)
New 3d Mainline Mario ALA 64, sunshine, galaxy (pretty likely, Mr. Miyamoto mentioned working on a exploration based Mario game, so yeah.)
Paper Mario U (pretty likely)
New Kirby game (50-50)
New metroid and animal crossing (I 40%ish? I have no clue to be honest)
New Smash character (pretty unlikely, considering we just got 3)

What I personally want from E3, however unlikely:
Pokemon Musical game (super low chance, doesn't stop me from wanting it very badly)
Mother 3 (YESYESYES, Give it now!)
Paper Mario U (I don't have to explain this)
New main Kirby game ( I wanna, I wanna, I wanna)
New smash character (Why would I not want it?)
new 3d mario game (Sunshine's my all time favorite game, and 64 ranks very high up there along with Galaxy, so I'm pretty pumped for it)
ORAS dlc (will never happen, but I can dream right?)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
E3 predictions
:wolf: DLC
Star Fox U
Eternal Darkness U
Metroid U
Earthbound Beginnings
Blast ball
Advance Wars 3D
Hyrule Warriors 3D
I was going to complain, but then I realized that you didn't have Paper Mario listed. Not that I don't want Paper Mario or Advance Wars, just that I don't see it as being all that possible right now. Advance Wars 3D is probably more likely (ONLY because its a 3DS game), but I still doubt it...

That said, Earthbound Beginnings is already out. It won't be mentioned in the Direct at all except maybe as a brief nod if Earthbound 2/Earthbound 3D is announced. Why try hyping up a game that's already been a surprise and released immediately? You hype up upcoming games, or hype up games for their DLC.

New metroid and animal crossing (I 40%ish? I have no clue to be honest)
My bets are on only a tease for a best-case scenario. Same with Paper Mario.

New Smash character (pretty unlikely, considering we just got 3)
No, we got two. Lucas was announced months prior. New Smash character is extremely likely to be announced (not released) because there's never been a point to date where we haven't been waiting on a Smash character, and they released Roy and Ryu way sooner than everyone expected. They will more than likely announce at least one to keep the hype going.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I was going to complain, but then I realized that you didn't have Paper Mario listed. Not that I don't want Paper Mario or Advance Wars, just that I don't see it as being all that possible right now. Advance Wars 3D is probably more likely (ONLY because its a 3DS game), but I still doubt it...

That said, Earthbound Beginnings is already out. It won't be mentioned in the Direct at all except maybe as a brief nod if Earthbound 2/Earthbound 3D is announced. Why try hyping up a game that's already been a surprise and released immediately? You hype up upcoming games, or hype up games for their DLC.

My bets are on only a tease for a best-case scenario. Same with Paper Mario.

No, we got two. Lucas was announced months prior. New Smash character is extremely likely to be announced (not released) because there's never been a point to date where we haven't been waiting on a Smash character, and they released Roy and Ryu way sooner than everyone expected. They will more than likely announce at least one to keep the hype going.
Trust me, I hope your right with the characters, but while it makes sense from a marketing standpoint, I'm kind of doubting how Sakurai could develop a presentable prototype quick enough to have room to make gameplay snippets of in a trailer. Maybe if he went with a model only, like Mewtwo, but I'd doubt Sakurai'd do that again. I really do hope your right though, it would be much better that way.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Trust me, I hope your right with the characters, but while it makes sense from a marketing standpoint, I'm kind of doubting how Sakurai could develop a presentable prototype quick enough to have room to make gameplay snippets of in a trailer. Maybe if he went with a model only, like Mewtwo, but I'd doubt Sakurai'd do that again. I really do hope your right though, it would be much better that way.
Wolf, though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not even sure about Wolf, since Mr. Sakurai mentioned today he hoped people liked the vets he brought back in such a tone, that to me sounded like he was done with the vets for now.
I disagree completely. I think that line was directed more towards Pichu and Young Link.

E3 predictions:
  • Star Fox Wii U
  • Xenoblade X
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Pokemon news (Super Mystery Dungeon, Pokken, possibly even Pokemon Z?)
  • Fire Emblem If
  • Retro's new game
  • Hyrule Warriors 3D
  • Mario Maker
  • (maybe) Paper Mario U
  • (maybe) New Mario main series game
  • (maybe) New Kirby game
  • (maybe) Smash news (Wolf or other DLC fighter confirmed?)
  • (maybe) Splatoon news

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ok, here are my predictions for Nintendo's E3 event:
  • News on Zelda WiiU but possibly no release date yet
  • Hyrule Warriors for 3DS plus a release date; hyping Tetra and King Daphnes as characters
  • NA Release date for Yoshi's Wooly World, including yarn amiibo hype
  • Mario Maker + release date; amiibo for this game
  • Star Fox U + release date
  • Pokken to be released outside Japan, Pokémon third version (Z?), New Mystery Dungeon, possibly amiibo line introduced
  • Animal Crossing, amiibo line, amiibo cards, and the NFC adapter for 3DS
  • NA release of Mother 3 virtual console
  • Amiibo release dates for waves 5 and 6, preorders for DP/Pal to start next week
  • New F-Zero game, DK platformer (with the Rool), and/or Metroid in the works
  • Very little about Smash. MAYBE announcing Wolf as a character to be released around end of August with Tourney mode
What I really want to see...
  • Zelda WiiU allows you to play left/right-handed (I want a lefty Link back so bad!)
  • Smash teasing K.Rool as DLC the way Mewtwo was teased (Bonus points if Rids is a third character, but they manage to keep him quiet until release)
  • New Costume DLC for Smash forthcoming, starting with Hyrule Warriors content (Epic win if Ganondorf gets a moveset upgrade as well)
OFF TOPIC: OMG FALLOUT 4 HYPE!!

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

My Predictions
  • Little to no Smash news thanks to yesterday
  • Star Fox for Wii U
  • Yoshi's Woolly World mention
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: X English trailer
  • Fire Emblem If stuff
  • Retro's new game
  • Hyrule Warriors 3D and potentially new HW DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC
  • Blast Ball
  • Animal Crossing for Wii U
  • Mario Maker
  • Mother 3
  • New Kirby game
  • 5 seconds of 3rd party games

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
First, here are my safer predictions,

1. New info/release windows on Wooly World, Mario Maker, Animal Crossing house game, Rio Olympics, and X chronicles

2. Trailer for the new Pokémon mystery dungeon game and Fire Emblem If

3. Hyrule Warriors 3d, new new 3ds exclusive.

4. More star fox info, but that's already been confirmed to be happening.

5. Retro isn't making a Metroid game. But we will see what they are making.

6. One or more new IPs. With the success of Splatoon, I don't see why they wouldn't try making another. It will most likely be on a smaller scale than Splatoon, but who knows?

7. Third party and indie game reels with bad music in the background, Ultra Street Fighter 4 being among them.

8. Camp Stage or Bluefin Depot and a new weapon announced for Splatoon, released immediately after the presentation.

9. No news on Wolf smash bros dlc. Lets face it, he would already be leaked if they planned on announcing him anytime soon.

10. Blast ball official trailer.

11. A non-high profile series that hasn't received a new game in a while (Golden Sun, Custom robo, Rhythm Heaven, etc.) gets a new game.

12. Amiibo compatibility forced into everything and an apology about their lack of supply. "Please understand"

Now for a bit more bold predictions:

1. We will get an official trailer for the Pikachu Detective Game. We no next to nothing about it barring its existence, and its scheduled for a 2015 release in Japan. Here's a link to serebii on it: http://www.serebii.net/detective/

2. No info on a main series Pokémon game. I just feel that they needed more time to raise hype if they were aiming for a 2015 release, and I doubt the game would be released early next year either.

3. Animal Crossing Wii U. There have been some possible images of Animal crossing Amiibo (see here)http://kotaku.com/image-of-new-animal-crossing-mario-maker-amiibo-emerge-1711264261 and new leaf is now three years old.

4. One or more new Mario games. It's Mario's 30th anniversary, and I somehow don't think Mario maker and Rio Olympics will be all we get. We could get a new Paper Mario game, a new Mario Sports game, or even a trailer for a completely original Mario platformer!

So that's my 16 predictions. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Well, I just watched the video, and I have to admit...that Ryu trailer was actually pretty epic...
Still iffy on two Capcom reps, but whatever. I think I can let it slide now.

NINTENDO E3 PREDICTIONS:
MOST LIKELY:

1) Star Fox WiiU with Wolf announced as Smash DLC. With Lucas and Roy brought back because of "fan demand", I'd be shocked if they didn't bring him back for a quick cash grab. My main consern is how they are going to treat Krystal, I personally think she's actually a pretty decent character but apparently I'm not a part of the majority so...

2) A Pokemon game announced for WiiU. Every time I see the WiiU compared with previous Nintendo consoles, I'm reminded of how Pokemon games were rushed in to have the N64 on life support. I see something similiar happening here. Granted Pokken is probably going to be on the WiiU at some point, but there's a fair chance we'll have something else too. I think it's going to be either a Pokemon Snap sequel, or a full-blown 1st generation remake.

3) Metroid something. Nintendo is currently trying to appeal to the hardcore market right now, and what better way than to make a new game of Metroid? After all, Retro is looking like they're cooking up something big, and the fan demand is clearly there. Whether it will be a MP4 or not, I do not know. Personally I want a Metroid II remake on the 3DS, but that dosen't need to be 3DS anyway.

4) A Capcom game related to Ryu. So Nintendo pulled out the king of fighters(whatever happened to that series?) out as DLC, but I'm also curious. Is Nintendo really willing to give Sony free advertisment for their exclusive? I had assumed that Snake was cut for similiar reasons, and Ryu being in really wouldn't make much sense if there isn't something to make up for it. Well, there is Cross Zone 2...but is one 3DS game enough? And Ryu dosen't isn't even the main character in that game, anyway.

MAYBE HAPPENING:
1) Another Smash character. While I don't think another character beyond Wolf is that likely, it's not out of the question. But I also can't think of a contender to be the big reveal for E3, especially with Ryu out now. The only one I can think of is Isaac with his mysterious absense from Sm4sh, but I don't expect him much either.

2) Golden Sun 4. Some people have already explained this so I won't take too long, but long story short:Some time has passed since Camelot's last game, and a Golden Sun title wouldn't be so out of the question, especially with this year being Camelot's 20th anniversary. Nintendo does need some big titles for the 3DS, which is starting to sputter(in the US anyway)

3) Punch-Out. Remember when everyone was saying that the Reggie pic of him in pink was a hint at a Punch-Out game? I don't think it's out of the question yet. That franchise sells plenty in the west, and an announcement at E3 would be a great way to hype it up. ...Though I really wouldn't care if it happens, I still have yet to play the Wii reboot.

PERSONAL WISHES:
1) Custom Robo U, with some assitance from Monolith. This is an idea that has been floating around my head for some time now. So Noise is not big enough to make a HD title. Could they do it if they had assitance from other developers? In that case, what about Monolith? They just finished their first HD release, and while it is lacking in some parts, it overall is a fantastic game and I'd love to see more from them. And god are their robots faboulous...

2) Famicom Detective Club Part I remake. Probably only one or two people know this game. This is a Japan-exclusive text adventure game released for the NES/Famicom, and after finishing Super Metroid I became interested in Sakamoto's other pieces of work. While some of the crazy stuff like Tomodachi Life looked nice and all, my attention was drawn to an onscure NES game. This game was notorious in the Japanese Smash community, due to a rabid fan sending Sakurai an angry letter complaining about how Ayumi(the heroine) should have been in Smash with a full description of an imagined moveset, and Sakurai just posting the message on the ballot website for the entire fandom to view.(This all happened during the N64 era, in case you're wondering) While I have no want for her to be in Smash, I tried the game, and enjoyed it. The story was really well written for NES standards, a rather clever plot actually (It's sequel was even better, but I won't list it here because that one did get a remake on the SNES) but the game was also tedious to play because of it's old and horrid NES UI, and I would love to see the game reborn, either on the 3DS or the WiiU. Also, if Nintendo were to make it on the WiiU, I'd love it if they had the Project Zero team handle it. I think the graphic style of the Zero games would fit FDC perfectly.

3) Murasame Castle reboot by Platinum. So I said some time ago that I had some interest in Takamaru, and another reason why I said so was because Kamiya, the head of Platinum, said he was interested in making a reboot of his series. While I've only played a handful of Kamiya's games (I really need to get Bayonetta 2...) I am heavily interested in them with their over-the-top crazy gameplay and extreme visuals. Thus, I would be pretty happy if Kamiya did make a reboot of Murasame. It would be like Okami, but with a bit more realistic design. Sounds great.

4) Mega Man Legends 3. Yes I know this is Capcom, but I want a new Mega Man game so bad. The Blue Bomber hasn't had a new proper game in years, and that new Legacy Collection is only adding fuel to the fire. While my main hopes are for Star Force 3, I would be okay with any Mega Man game at this point.

5) Sin & Punishment 3. I've had minimal experinece with the previous titles, but I liked what little I played with. I would not mind this game being that oddball Nintendo franchise that gets a new installment every console or so, I think it's very well worthy title for this. That and Treasure hasn't done anything notable lately.

6) New Panel de Pon/Puzzle League. Wishful thinking at it's finest.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Well, this is the first time I learn about E3, so I can't give any prediction. So here's some result I've got from the E3 Leak Generator:

Nintendo Digital Event @ E3 2015
------------------------Title------------------------ Platform -----Presenter----- -----Type-----
Breakable Finger Life ------------------------- 3DS -----Bill Trinen ---------Video/Demo
Yarn Animal Crossing Plus ----------------- 3DS -----Satoru Iwata ------Video
Kirby: Kayak Afternoon ------------------------ 3DS -----Bill Trinen ---------Teaser
Mario 3DS ---------------------------------------- 3DS -----Satoru Iwata ------Video
The Legend of Zelda: Lightning of Gold-- 3DS -----Satoru Iwata ------Video/Demo
Sacred Sundial --------------------------------- 3DS -----Bill Trinen ---------Teaser
Yarn Donkey Kong Country Pro ------------ 3DS -----Bill Trinen ---------Video/Demo
Star Fox Clef Party ----------------------------- 3DS -----Shigeru Miyamoto Video
Third Party Reel -------------------------------- 3DS -----Shigeru Miyamoto Teaser
Star Fox Reminder ---------------------------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video/Demo
Wii Vacuum U ----------------------------------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video
Mario Fox Hunting Party ---------------------- Wii U ----Reggie Fils-Aime Teaser
3D Super Mario U ------------------------------ Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video/Demo
The Legend of Zelda: Vital Biplane -------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video
Yoshi Plus ---------------------------------------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video
Christmas Business Pro -------------------- Wii U ----Reggie Fils-Aime Video/Demo
Kirby: Swordfish Shock ----------------------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video
Metroid: Glamorous 2 ------------------------- Wii U ----Shigeru Miyamoto Video
Third Party Reel --------------------------------- Wii U ----Nate Bihldorff -----Video/Demo
NX Reveal ----------------------------------------- NX -------Reggie Fils-Aime
The Legend of Zelda: Swift Ex-husband - NX -------Reggie Fils-Aime Teaser
The Legend of Zelda: Carol of Sideboard NX -------Reggie Fils-Aime Teaser

Okay, to be serious, I abstain. Other than Star Fox Wii U or Yoshi's Woolly World stuff and Smash news, I don't really care about the other franchises anyway.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Inkling gets announced for Smash... That's my prediction at least.

...I hope.
I doubt we'll see any Inkling in Smash news right after getting an Inkling Mii costume unfortunately.

If we do get Inklings in Smash it'll probably end up being at the tail end of dlc.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, this is the first time I learn about E3, so I can't give any prediction. So here's some result I've got from the E3 Leak Generator:

------------------------Title------------------------ Platform -----Presenter----- -----Type-----
Breakable Finger Life ------------------------- 3DS -----Bill Trinen ---------Video/Demo
Kirby: Kayak Afternoon ------------------------ 3DS -----Bill Trinen ---------Teaser
Mario 3DS ---------------------------------------- 3DS -----Satoru Iwata ------Video
Sacred Sundial --------------------------------- 3DS -----Bill Trinen ---------Teaser
Yarn Donkey Kong Country Pro ------------ 3DS -----Bill Trinen ---------Video/Demo
Star Fox Clef Party ----------------------------- 3DS -----Shigeru Miyamoto Video
Third Party Reel -------------------------------- 3DS -----Shigeru Miyamoto Teaser
Star Fox Reminder ---------------------------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video/Demo
Wii Vacuum U ----------------------------------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video
Mario Fox Hunting Party ---------------------- Wii U ----Reggie Fils-Aime Teaser
3D Super Mario U ------------------------------ Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video/Demo
The Legend of Zelda: Vital Biplane -------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video
Yoshi Plus ---------------------------------------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video
Christmas Business Pro -------------------- Wii U ----Reggie Fils-Aime Video/Demo
Kirby: Swordfish Shock ----------------------- Wii U ----Bill Trinen ---------Video
Third Party Reel --------------------------------- Wii U ----Nate Bihldorff -----Video/Demo

Okay, to be serious, I abstain. Other than Star Fox Wii U or Yoshi's Woolly World stuff and Smash news, I don't really care about the other franchises anyway.
Metroid Glamorous 2 and LoZ Swift Ex-husband sound like solid titles...XD

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
E3 Predictions

1. Star fox U trailer and release date.

2. Pokken tournament.
I have a good feeling they'll give a Wii U port with a release window soon.

3. Metriod
It's gonna happen. It better happen.

4. Xenoblade X English dubbed trailer with a confirmed US release date.

5. A new Shinmagami Emblem trailer.
This and Persona 5.

6. Indie games

7. Another Square Enix and Nintendo collaboration game.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/29/square-enix-to-collaborate-more-with-other-developers/ I can see this happening big time. Heck if I'm REALLY lucky, it could even be a KH 1.5 and 2.5 remix port done by Nintendo.

8. Zelda Wii U teaser

9. Paper Mario U

10 Smash related news

11. Devils third

12. A new third party project that Nintendo's supporting.

13. Fire Emblem If

14. Project giant robot.

15. Super Mario sunshine DLC for Splatoon.
Yes please.

Well, that's all I've got.

Laniv

Smash Champion
E3 Predictions:

1. Metroid's glorious return

2. Animal Crossing gets some attention

3. Pokken Tournament

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000

Here are some of my favorite results that I got when I used it:
-Hamster Pancreas
-Poor Mechanic Collection
-Mario Online U (3ds title)
-Metroid: Unnecessary
-Splatoon 8
-The Legend of Zelda: Protective Cupboard
-Pokémon Beer/ Pokémon Refund
and by far the weirdest,

-Kirby's Wee Burn ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Here are some of my favorite results that I got when I used it:
-Hamster Pancreas
-Poor Mechanic Collection
-Mario Online U (3ds title)
-Metroid: Unnecessary
-Splatoon 8
-The Legend of Zelda: Protective Cupboard
-Pokémon Beer/ Pokémon Refund
and by far the weirdest,

-Kirby's Wee Burn ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I got
-The Legend of Zelda: Copy of Thing (Wii U)
-Decent Soup 3 (3DS)
-Pokémon OpenExotic / Pokémon LunchContemporary (3DS)
-Kirby and the Ugliest Tax (3DS)
Funny stuff

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
E3 Predictions:
SMT X Fire Emblem official reveal, detailed information on how game works such as using a class-based system like FE titles and having the ability to recruit various FE Lords as allies. Maybe even SMT lead characters (iffy at this point).

That reveal doesn't count?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay here are my predictions for the Digital Event: (in no particular order)

- Starfox trailer and official name;
- either a trailer for 2D Metroid on 3DS, or a tease of a 3D Metroid on Wii U similar to how Starfox was teased last year;
- some Donkey Kong related thing;
- a new Paper Mario game;
- a new Kid Icarus game on Wii U;
- a new SMTxFE trailer;
- a new third-party "mature" title exclusive to Wii U (à la Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third);
- Hyrule Warriors N3DS properly revealed;
- a new Smash DLC character revealed so we can have someone to look forward before the next update;
- a new game from a brand new IP exclusive to New 3DS;
- Pokkén Tournament with new fighters announced as well as its own amiibo series.

I can't really think of anything else, esecially considering some of my predictions (like Kid Icarus Wii U) are very wild cards. I'll mostly let the Digital Event do its job at surprising me.

Top Bottom