• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Main E3 Prediction

A single new Metroid title

Even if it is only teased and not shown, I'll be happy. And now I'll give my reasoning as to why.

If you're only going to quote and say 'lolnope this ain't happening', don't bother.
(information borrowed from this video)
This is my only prediction that I feel needs a section to itself. The idea of a new Metroid game has been teased to hell and back the past couple of years. So let's go from the beginning.

Metroid: Other M is released in 2010 to very polarized reception, prompting Nintendo to place the series into a hiatus for the second time since the release of Super Metroid. The Wii U receives no Metroid titles that aren't re-releases or VC. After Nintendo decides to expand from Japanese to international markets, more demand comes about for a new Metroid game. Later, concept art for a scrapped Metroid game for the 3DS surfaces, showing that there was another portable Metroid in development, the most recent one since 2006's Metroid Prime: Hunters. Shigeru Miyamoto and Shinya Takahashi stress later that 2D and 3D Metroid games need to be accommodated, showing that interest in the series has not died off and is possibly going through an extensive process of quality control after Other M. 2 months after this interview, Retro Studios goes on a hiring spree, which may sound like coincidence to some, but could be to focus on a new Metroid game. Further supplementing this is the release of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, which shared development resources between Retro Studios and Monster Games, elaborating on the possibility that Retro could work on several projects simultaneously. It is confirmed as well that Retro is working on a new Wii U game, tying it all together.

This hypothetical Wii U Metroid could be released in 2016 to celebrate Metroid's 30th anniversary, as Metroid was given a cold shoulder on it's 25th.

But what about 3DS Metroid?

If it were happening, a 3DS Metroid could be released at the end of 2015 due to how little it takes to make portable Metroid as opposed to console Metroid. It would be developed by the aforementioned Shinya Takahashi, who also made Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, which stemmed from a cancelled Metroid prototype, as the team was offered to work on Dark Moon instead.

Where would these games take off from?

There are a couple of possibilities.

3DS Metroid could revive the Metroid: Dread project that is confirmed to be in limbo and can be revived whenever Nintendo wants it to.

Wii U Metroid can follow up on the stinger at the end of Metroid Prime: Corruption. A vessel pursues Samus into hyperspace, leaving a cliffhanger.

For the uninformed, the ship shown in Corruption(right) bears resemblance to the Delano 7, belonging to Sylux from Metroid Prime: Hunters. Both ships can extend their wings and share a chassis, albeit with differences. There even exists some recolors to the ship on the right to make it more plausible.

So there you have it. Enough reason to believe a new Metroid will be shown.

Other predictions:

-Star Fox Wii U
-Paper Mario Wii U
-More Smash content
-Hyrule Warriors 3D

Long shot predictions/wishes

-Snake returns to Smash
-Smash gets a new Metroid character

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I doubt we'll see any Inkling in Smash news right after getting an Inkling Mii costume unfortunately.

If we do get Inklings in Smash it'll probably end up being at the tail end of dlc.
I really hate when people say things like this... ((Link has a Costume and such... Should we cut him out?)) And it only gets me more worried. And if anything I'd rather have Inkling over anyone of the likes of K. Rool or so... No offense.

Plus I hope they add more "unique" characters to this roster, which is something Ryu brought to the table honestly. Roy... Personally I think we already have plenty of counterblocking Swordmen though.

....And if Namco gets to put in another character of their own I'd rather have a Ms. Pac-Man alt... She needs more respect these days y'know.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The only thing I'm personally hoping for is Mother 3, Panel de Pon, and a new For the Frog the Bell Tolls game.
I disagree completely. I think that line was directed more towards Pichu and Young Link.
That doesn't seem like a possibility, he would've directly stated so, regardless he has done that kind of things before with the "as if he were doing this for the last time" before, notably with him saying as if it was the last Smash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I really hate when people say things like this... ((Link has a Costume and such... Should we cut him out?)) And it only gets me more worried. And if anything I'd rather have Inkling over anyone of the likes of K. Rool or so... No offense.

Plus I hope they add more "unique" characters to this roster, which is something Ryu brought to the table honestly. Roy... Personally I think we already have plenty of counterblocking Swordmen though.

....And if Namco gets to put in another character of their own I'd rather have a Ms. Pac-Man alt... She needs more respect these days y'know.
I don't like it either but I'm just trying to be reasonable. If we were going to get Inklings in the near future I don't think we would have gotten the Inkling Mii costumes. We're hardly going to get them announced at E3 at the very least.

I'm not saying we absolutely won't get them somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It partly has to do with the Miis that were made to show off the costumes are a little uncannily close to actual Inklings, at least compared to the other Mii costumes. I think it does rule them out as pre-ballot DLC, though they still do have a good chance of scoring high in the ballot.

:231:

Troykv

Smash Master
Predictions? Okay...

- Star Fox Wii U
- Retro Studio's New Game (The question is... What game?)
- Fire Emblem If New Info (Released Date Confirmed?)
- Mario Maker Info
- SMTxFE New Info (Maybe)
- Metroid's second revival (Maybe)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

The implication is moreso that because the Inklings were introduced as Mii costumes means they were more than likely not intended to be pre-determined DLC like what we have gotten so far...thus stifling their chances to be announced at E3 (it doesn't 100% rule them out though, just makes them less likely, since it wouldn't make sense to release Mii fighters then announce actual playable fighters soon after)
However the Inklings may still be considered as a Ballot fighter since they do have a very noticeable support base which is only growing with the current success of Splatoon...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
E3 predictions:
  • Star Fox Wii U
  • Xenoblade X occidental release date
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem treehouse session
  • Fire Emblem If treehouse session
  • Retro Studios' new game // Metroid
  • Blast Ball
  • A new Mario 3D Game
  • Golden Sun 4 teaser and/or a 3D EarthBound reboot
  • Hyrule Warriors All-Stars
  • Mario Kart 8 third DLC Pack
  • Animal Crossing U
  • Fatal Frame V treehouse session as well as a release date
  • BONUS: Nintendo All-Stars: Dancing All Night
  • BONUS: Nintendo vs Capcom

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It partly has to do with the Miis that were made to show off the costumes are a little uncannily close to actual Inklings, at least compared to the other Mii costumes. I think it does rule them out as pre-ballot DLC, though they still do have a good chance of scoring high in the ballot.

:231:
The implication is moreso that because the Inklings were introduced as Mii costumes means they were more than likely not intended to be pre-determined DLC like what we have gotten so far...thus stifling their chances to be announced at E3 (it doesn't 100% rule them out though, just makes them less likely, since it wouldn't make sense to release Mii fighters then announce actual playable fighters soon after)
However the Inklings may still be considered as a Ballot fighter since they do have a very noticeable support base which is only growing with the current success of Splatoon...

I agreed as well... BEFORE Sakurai's statements yesterday on the matter where he said "now we have representation for these Top fighting game franchises in Smash."

Basically, Sakurai considers that representation. As such, in my honest opinion, even IF they rank highly I see very, very little chance of them adding as full DLC characters because as far as Sakurai is concerned "hey, Inklings are already playable." Not to mention the fact that Inklings even now have a trophy in the game... through a PATCH.

Originally, I agreed. After yesterday, though, I don't think they're happening at all no matter how high they rank.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I predict that Yo-Kai Watch will be revealed during E3. :B
Also, a Wishful Thinking Prediction, Style Savvy 3 will be revealed and Wii titles like The Last Story and Pandora's Tower will be released in the NA eShop. :B

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My predictions:
•More Star Fox U info
•Mario Kart 8 DLC 3
•A new Metroid game
That's just a small list of what I want from E3.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Eh, I'll take a shot.

In no particular order, I predict the following

More Mario amiibo's, along with animal crossing amiibo
New Animal Crossing game
Brief mention of Xenoblade X and other games out in japan but not the west
Brief talk about Zelda U
Hyrule Warriors 3D
Star Fox U
Possibly more Mario Maker news
3rd party highlight reel
Indie highlight reel
Mario Maker news, or some other new Mario game
Nothing regarding Smash Bros
Some Splatoon Talk
New Metroid
Some Fire Emblem If

FancySmash

Smash Lord
E3 Predictions

Most Likely
- Fire Emblem info (this pertains to both FE content that's in development now)
- Star Fox Wii U info
- Mario Maker info
- Hyrule Warriors 3D info
- Xenoblade X info
- Smash Bros. information
- Splatoon DLC
- Zelda Wii U info (how it's coming along really, they aren't near done with it yet I imagine)
- Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Info
- Oh yes, I completely forgot about this: Mario and Sonic at Ryo olympics

Less Likely
- Mario Kart 8 future DLC
- Paper Mario Wii U
- New 3D Mario title
- Animal Crossing Wii U
- New Donkey Kong title
- New Kirby title
- New Metroid (I haven't heard anything about this, so I don't see it as extremely likely)

Pipe Dream
- Smash Kart (hey, a guy can dream, can't they XD)

Other than that, I won't say anything else. Honestly, I don't keep up with E3 enough to make extremely accurate predictions.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
- Release date info for Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Release date info for Fire Emblem If
- Information on SMTxFE
- More info on the new Zelda game
- Hyrule Warriors DLC info
- -insert Mario title-
- New Metroid

Pipe Dreams:

- Nintendo vs Capcom

I don't think we'll get anymore Sm4sh information due to yesterday's DLC extravaganza. I still want a Wolf announcement, but I think the chances for it is a little lower than 25%.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
E3 Predictions
Most Likely:
Star Fox U (Reveal trailer, planned release date)
Splatoon DLC info
More Smash news (character reveal for potential newcomers)
More info on Mario Maker
More info for Xenonlade Chronicles X
Fire Emblem If info and maybe release date
Hyrule Warriors 3D Info
Animal Crossing U
An Amiibo Based game
Sequel to Pokemon X/Y
Retro's game revealed (Either Donkey Kong or Metroid I can take both)
New 3D Metroid (see Retro)
New Donkey Kong (see Retro)
Next Level Games reveal their game
New Mario 3D game or Spinoff title
Shin Megami Tensi x Fire Emblem

Maybes:
Paper Mario U
Small F-Zero revival, teaser trailer
Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Super Mario Sunshine HD or sequel
Indie games
Mario Kart 8 Pack 3
New Kirby Game
Zelda U teaser trailer, planned release date

Not sure what most of the third parties are going to do, most have kept their mouths shut, I'll just list what I mostly know.
Third Parties
Platinum games reveal
IP new from Platinum
Square Enix reveals their secret game
-new Kingdom Hearts 3DS game
Sonic filler spinoff game, (not talking about Boom neither, I would love to see another Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing game)

Bonus for Not being sure but like to happen:
Nintendo VS. Capcom (Why else would Ryu be in Smash, we all know how Capcom is with their crossovers and it only be exclusive to Wii U and maybe 3DS)
Super Smash Kart or Nintendo Kart (I can dream im not the only who wants this)

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hm. I forgot about Mario Kart 8, didn't I? I'd have "an announcement that they're working on more MK8 DLC" at Likely, and "MK8 DLC Pack 3 trailer" at Plausible. I'd be surprised if they don't make more, with how well received the first two packs have been.

I agreed as well... BEFORE Sakurai's statements yesterday on the matter where he said "now we have representation for these Top fighting game franchises in Smash."

Basically, Sakurai considers that representation. As such, in my honest opinion, even IF they rank highly I see very, very little chance of them adding as full DLC characters because as far as Sakurai is concerned "hey, Inklings are already playable." Not to mention the fact that Inklings even now have a trophy in the game... through a PATCH.

Originally, I agreed. After yesterday, though, I don't think they're happening at all no matter how high they rank.
It seems they don't want to rush Splatoon into the limelight right away, which is probably for the best. Give the series time to grow on its own before you put the Inklings in Smash, you know? Save them for Smash 5, where, if things keep going the way they are, they'll be a frontrunner.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Based on the predictions, I will list various things that are confirmed first!

Confirmed:
Blast Ball (working title)
Smash Bros E3 DLC Patch (Mii Fighters, Roy, Lucas, Ryu, Stages)
Super Mario Maker
Mother 1 release to west (as EarthBound Beginnings)
Hyrule Warriors 3DS (thanks to accidental leak)
new Chibi Robo game
More of Yoshi's Wooly world (released elsewhere but USA)

Very Likely:
Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U) (thanks to one insider report)
Star Fox Wii U
Project Robot
Devil's 3rd
Indie Showcase
3rd party highlights
Animal Crossing Home Designer

Likely to appear:
Paper Mario
Metroid
Zelda Wii U
Project Treasure
Animal Crossing Wii U

Unknown:
new Platinum Game (IGN)
Hidden surprises

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Predictions:
Star Fox Wii U
Retro's new game
Metroid
Hyrule Warriors
Fire Emblem if
Fire Emblem x SMT
Xenoblade X
Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's Wooly World

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
predictions
star fox U
Metroid U
new amiibo series (confirmed)
indie titles
1 more smash dlc fighter
3rd party games
FF explorers Na/Eu release (*idk if its out in europe though :l )

Pipe Dream predictions
DLC 3rd party character packs for Smash (if this happens E3 is already over before it even started.
Nintendo buy's megaman IP and or other neglected IP's from capcom
Amiibo restock that actually meets demand

ps. If anyone could link me directly to the nintendo direct tomorrow that would be great I'm working all day tomorrow 6 am - 6 pm and thanks in advance

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I guess I'll throw in a couple last minute predictions myself.

-We'll probably see our first glimpse of Star Fox for Wii U.
-We might see a trailer for Zelda Wii U.
-I'm thinking a new Animal Crossing for the Wii U will be announced.
-Hopefully some info regarding the localization of Xenoblade X.
-I'm sure we'll get some new info for Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS.
-My wishful predictions are a new Metroid title and an official Mother 3 translation for the Eshop.

That's about it from me. My predictions aren't very original, but I'm more interested in just enjoying what news Nintendo has to offer rather than making my own far-fetched predictions in hopes that they might become a reality. I hope you guys are looking forward to Nintendo's Digital Event as much as I am.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
You know what I REALLY want to see during the digital event? Tomodachi Wii U! With Amiibo functionality!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Alright, considering I woke up early this morning and am very hyped for the presentation, I decided to do a tally of any prediction given from two or more people. I inevitably screwed up a lot when making this list, but it should be fairly accurate. Here are the results!:

Star Fox Wii U x24:fox:
New Metroid x19:samus2:
Hyrule Warriors 3ds x17:link2:
X Chronicles X x15:4shulk:
FE: If x14:4marth:
SMTxFE x12:4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4lucina::4robinm:
Mario Maker x12:mario64:
Animal Crossing U x10:4villager:
New Paper Mario x9:mariomelee:
New Main series Mario Game x8:4mario:
Wooly World x7:4yoshi:
Zelda U info x7:4zelda:
Retro's New Game x6:substitute:
Blast Ball x6:??:
More Mario Kart 8 dlc x6:mariocircuit:
Splatoon Talk/dlc x6:072:
Pokken News x6:068:
Mother 3 x6:4lucas:
Wolf Reveal x5:wolf:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon x5:ivysaur::squirtle::charizard:
New Kirby Game x5:kirby2:
Third Party Reel x5:alakadoof:
Indie Reel x5:alakadoof:
Nintendo vs Capcom x4:4ryu:
New Amiibos x4:4mario::4villager:
New Expand Dong Game x4:dk:
New Pokémon Game/Pokémon Z x3 :4greninja:
Little to No Smash Content x3:c
Additional Hyrule Warriors DLC x3:4tlink:
2+ smash characters x3:4falcon::4metaknight:
Golden Sun 4 x3:?:
Rio Olympics Info x3:4sonic::4mario:
Project Giant Robot x3:rob:
Animal Crossing House Game x3:4villagerf:
New F-Zero x3:4falcon:
New Diddy Kong Racing x3:4diddy:
New IP x2:substitute:
Devil's Third x2:demon:
Super Smash Kart x2:troll:

Please predict what score the Regginator will get on his satisfaction rating after his confirmation.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Now that we got the Digital Event I'm really curious to see the satisfaction score for it. If the salt from the K. Rool thread is any indication (and no not just because we wasn't revealed as Smash DLC or no new DK game) it's probably going to be low ahah.

But let's wait a day before the satisfaction scores. Or maybe not because there's little hype to cool down lol.

Last edited:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
... My salt is Ready...

This was a very poor Direct... not bad, but not as good like in past years.
I Like StarFox Zero and Paper Jam as new games. and the FE and Yoshi new trailers
But I'm not pleased with Animal Crossing Amiibo Seller, and the Metroid "not Samus" edition

I think Sony won this year, I think the only thing that could beat those revelations was the New Zelda WiiU playable soon or a new Metroid, but we get something diffferent... not Bad, but not the games we wanted...

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
No Metroid revival, no F-Zero revival,heck there was even no Pokemon this year. Yeah, the salt is going to be there. It makes me wonder if their going to deal with all of these games in a future direct. Even though they said no Mario they still kind of focused on that more than anything else they said they would.

Last edited:

Edward Rochester

Smash Apprentice
... My salt is Ready...

This was a very poor Direct... not bad, but not as good like in past years.
I Like StarFox Zero and Paper Jam as new games. and the FE and Yoshi new trailers
But I'm not pleased with Animal Crossing Amiibo Seller, and the Metroid "not Samus" edition

I think Sony won this year, I think the only thing that could beat those revelations was the New Zelda WiiU playable soon or a new Metroid, but we get something diffferent... not Bad, but not the games we wanted...
No, this direct was awful. Like, the worst one Nintendo has ever done. Too much emphasis on Mario, nothing of value for Metroid/Animal Crossing/anything else really...

Only three things were good: Fire Emblem Fates, Star Fox Zero, and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I didn't expect a new Metroid title anyway. I started thinking recently they could have a 3DS Metroid title, and... I was right, though its a spinoff. Yeah, this is horrible year for Nintendo at E3. Which is funny because it looked promising with all the stuff they announced before E3.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think people were too hyped because people expected to see their requested characters in the newest game just so they can be seen as more likely. I think it's a pretty unhealthy mindset to have when watching the Digital Events, just keep low expectations even if E3 is hype.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I predicted a lot of sstuff that didn't happen, but there was still stuff I liked. Good direct. Bad ending, but good direct.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Just gonna copy 'n' paste some of my Miiverse shiz. Will have detailed assessment on the morrow.

"I feel empty. Dunno why. Guess there really weren't as many substantial titles, especially 3rd parties & indies no where to be seen."

"Insta-Purchase: Star Fox Zero, FE Fates, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Good: Zelda Triforce Heroes
Needs to Warm on Me: Super Mario Maker, Yokai Watch, M&L Paper Jam
Meh: SMTxFE, Animal Crossing amiibo Fest, Metroid Prime Expedition/Blastball, Mario Super Tennis, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Skylanders Supercharged"

"Pipe Dreams: Animal Crossing Wii U, Kirby Air Ride 2, a 3D Kirby platformer, F-Zero UX, a traditional Metroid, Pikmin 4, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, anything Mega Man, anything Platnium Games, Project Treasure, any new character-driven IP, Mother 3 VC announcement, MK8 DLC Pack 3 + Double Dash Mode w/ character special items, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2"

"Wouldn't you love it if there was a red herring pulled, where we see one of the main team's Arwings morph into Bayonetta in her StarFox attire and be able to blast 'n' smash your surroundings on the ground with hair demons and wicked weaves! HIRE ME NOW, PLATNIUM-TENDO!"

"And then as Andross prepares a final mega laser blow, Jubilaus comes vaulting down out of an eldrtich space portal and collides with him, sending him right into a black hole as you watch them being torn to smithereens! That woyuld be the most metal thing Nintendo ever pulled! \m/"

"Must've made Pigma a flesh hogdroid with interchangeable organs! Star Wolf's medical bills must be skyrocketing!"

"Can I say one miscellaneous thing? I'm GRATEFUL that there was no more Smash content at this event. We already got so much with the special presentation and it needs time to grow on us and affect the metagame. SSB4 is teetering on being overstaurated with content, especially characters. I don't think I'll tolerate more after the Ballot character(s)."

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm going to be honest, I'm :salt: as hell right now. Only things I were remotely interested in was Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam and Star Fox: Zero, you'd think Nintendo would learn to hold some of their cards for E3, like I dunno, maybe hold :4ryu: for E3 instead of releasing him literally 2 days before the event.

Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei still doesn't make sense, like what on earth was going on, the trailer doesn't explain anything, all I hear is random Japanese gibberish in a song.

I feel bad for all the :wolf: supporters that were so sure they'd see him today, although this result of him not being shown was pretty easy to see coming.

I'm quite upset that neither Pokemon, Pikmin or Kirby got anything new, anyone of those got even a slight little thing and I'd be happy, but nope, Animal Crossing Party apparently is the bigger priority. Especially Kirby , I thought Reggie teased it with the whole nintendo's about transforming bit.:urg:

I also feel bad for all the Metroid fans who were expecting the next big game, I'm sure some are happy, but this is kind of underwhelming.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I'm going to be honest, I'm :salt: as hell right now. Only things I were remotely interested in was Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam and Star Fox: Zero, you'd think Nintendo would learn to hold some of their cards for E3, like I dunno, maybe hold :4ryu: for E3 instead of releasing him literally 2 days before the event.

Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei still doesn't make sense, like what on earth was going on, the trailer doesn't explain anything, all I hear is random Japanese gibberish in a song.

I feel bad for all the :wolf: supporters that were so sure they'd see him today, although this result of him not being shown was pretty easy to see coming.

I'm quite upset that neither Pokemon, Pikmin or Kirby got anything new, anyone of those got even a slight little thing and I'd be happy, but nope, Animal Crossing Party apparently is the bigger priority. Especially Kirby , I thought Reggie teased it with the whole nintendo's about transforming bit.:urg:

I also feel bad for all the Metroid fans who were expecting the next big game, I'm sure some are happy, but this is kind of underwhelming.
I don't know why you're salty about no new Pokemon. There's been one every year. It needs a break

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually, this Direct is the best possible news for Wolf. He's the only highly requested Smash character that even appeared at E3.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't know why you're salty about no new Pokemon. There's been one every year. It needs a break
I was hoping for them to go over the mystery dungeon game that was already revealed, but I agree your right on the point with the main series needing a break.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I gave Microsoft a D+, and Nintendo's was about a C-. In Nintendo's credit, they specifically said at the beginning of the conference they'd only focus on 2015/Q1 2016 games, and they did just that. But it would've been nice to have a tease of the Wii U Metroid game we know exists... or ANYTHING that won't be out til Holiday 2016, even Zelda again. Star Fox, FE Fates, FExSMT, Xenoblade X, and Super Mario Maker all have my money, but I already knew those games existed.

Sony really blew it away this year compared to the other two 1st parties. At least ten games I wanted from Sony's conference. Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, No Man's Sky, and The Last Guardian all have my guaranteed cash. and Kingdom Hearts III, Anno 2205, and Fallout 4 were super hype pieces of their respective conferences for me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The main problem with Nintendo is the lack of new announcements. People are already saying the Wii U is dead and NX is coming earlier than 2017, but I still don't see it. They didn't announce anything beyond Q1 2016. We'll learn more about such games later this year/early next year.

The only thing I'm hoping is that Mario Tennis: Smash Power (Power Smash?) is by another developer, but I doubt that.

Top Bottom