• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Early rating because I gotta sleep early today.
(Don't you dare skip a word this rating or the Moon will crash unto your fate in Termina)

Saria's Song to enjoy reading, it'll be a long one:

Young Link Chance:
20%
(I am using every argument I can recall in the Official Character Discussion thread and the 35 Factors to Consider for DLC for this analysis, which I recommend using)
(I also rechecked many times to make sure I'm not flaming anyone here)

Ah Young Link, by far one of the most debated characters I have defended through my time here in DLC speculation so far. I have encountered pretty much every single bit of percentage of arguments against him, and I will show that there are positives within Young Link that can overcome the negative aspects of inclusion and make it as readable as possible. With that, let's get started and I recommend to NOT IGNORE and read every inch of this before you rate:

I'M GOING RATING KAIO KEN X3

___

+He's a veteran. Sakurai has reiterated that "if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt." With this in mind, with the time he has for DLC, there's a
good chance he'll bring almost every veteran back (I say "almost" because Ice Climbers and the 3DS limitations), and Young Link is one of those. This gives him a better chance than most characters for DLC.
___

+When it comes to relevance, Young Link is already through the gate with that with the 3DS title The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Just like Toon Zelda, even if Sakurai doesn't want to plan all the veterans for DLC pre-ballot, he likely has considered Young Link again with the highly anticipated remake. That is what also gives him a slight edge over some veterans (Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle) even if he's the least requested.
___

+Not only that, he would be an easy to make clone. Like Pichu, he also shares some similarities with Toon Link and Link and already has a moveset to take from and start from scratch.

Given with the recently released game and the free time he's been given with DLC, he could likely and easily take some inspiration from the game to use masks that act as temporary transform moves like Kirby's Stone attack, Pac-Man turning into his pizza shape form, and Sonic turning into his ball form, there are a load of examples of this. His non-special move attacks would likely remain the same, but with new moves to give him a new flavor that doesn't feel exactly like Toon Link's play style.

From, my moveset (which you can find below), The Side-B is basically the boomerang, only two small versions of them are thrown in the air. The Neutral-B remains the same. The only two moves that need adjusting would be his Down-B and Recovery. He's still the light-weighted somewhat powerful Young Link he's always been, only with a few new tools. It's not a drastic change to his playstyle really.

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is show.

Side-B: Zora Boomerang: Link turns into Zora Link to throw two multi-hitting small fin boomerangs at the opponent, great for keeping out of range of the opponent, however he's unable to move and he has to wait for the boomerangs to come back in order to move again.

Down-B: Goron Roll: Similar to Sonic's Down-B, only much stronger and slower. It must be at full charge in order to Goron Link to damage opponents. If uncharged, Goron Link will just pass by the opponent where he's open to attack.
(Altenatively, he can just use the bombchus if Sakurai wishes to keep the special moves similar)

Up-B: Deku Flower Flight: Link turns into Deku Link to fly with his swirling flowers, has a glide effect and is able to shoot Deku Nuts straightforward in the air. The flowers also do multi-hitting damage too if an opponent tries to hit from above. If an opponent manages to hit him, he'll fall helplessly making him really open to attacks.
(Alternatively, he can just keep the same special move too)
___

Really that's the main points helping his inclusion really, the other benefits such as importance to the Zelda series and coming from two very critically acclaimed games is kinda unimportant really given that he is already an established character in Smash Bros. One of the slightly likelier candidates for DLC, I think people are severally undererestimating his chances here.

Break Time So That Your Eyes Don't Strain from this rating analysis:

Ready to read some more, let's keep going! You'll survive don't worry!

Common Arguments Against Young Link that I will Counter below:

Young Link is redundant! We don't need a third link! Toon Link Takes His Playstyle!

This doesn't matter at all. People mention Paper Mario as a plausible candidate and don't mention that he's a third Mario, yet it matters for Young Link. There is some inconsistency within this. Really with Sakurai it doesn't matter if he's Link, the fact that Sakurai has aloud multiple versions of a character in a roster and the fact that he is a veteran that people miss dearly should show that being a third link is irrelevant to his chances.
____

He's a clone! The fanbases HATE clones they will react badly and salt will be poured!
Really? This is a franchise that Sakurai has added similar characters on for each installment he made that he made on his spare time so he can increase play-time for many players. Sure, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario had gotten negative reception at first, but people got over it in days once the streams of Smash 3DS started rolling when all the characters got unlocked. The same will go for Young Link, people will hate it, but get over it eventually and buy him anyway to complete their rosters or not buy him at all if they don't like his inclusion.
____

He's not popular at the ballot! Not qualifiable for DLC!
I'm sure you all heard this before, just because a certain character is unpopular doesn't make them impossible. There are likely characters who have been planned way before the ballot was considered, just to name a few, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and Mewtwo are among some of these. Not ALL will solely be based on the ballot. Even then, the ballot is nothing more than a suggestion box in reality, there's a large misunderstanding when it comes to how the ballot works, it isn't a popularity
contest guys.
____

Zelda has enough characters, too many reps!
And why would this matter? Let me give you one single character who is also a veteran who is getting in despite fact the series has already gotten 4 characters, and that character is Roy, giving Fire Emblem five characters total despite being a niche franchise. Really this is more of an opinion than anything, which likely doesn't share with Sakurai given how open he
is with choices.
____

He has to go through Impa and Ganon first, too much Zelda competition!
Is it really that much competition though?

The only Zelda characters that come to mind are Impa, Ganon, Tetra, and Toon Zelda. That's not fierce competition at all.
Even then, the former two have bigger problems in mind, notably Impa having consistent minor roles with most Zelda games and the fact Ganon likely won't be considered given with Sakurai already having Ganondorf and his lack of popularity in the ballot. It really dumbs down to just Tetra and Toon Zelda, which I don't find much flaws to their inclusion at all, but Young Link has the slight upper edge with him being a veteran and having a highly anticipated 3DS title that's still being advertised in commercials today. (that game was far more anticipated that WWHD)
____

He was not planned for Brawl, that means he's never going to be considered again!
Honestly, this is a pretty bad argument. Given how Sakurai starts considering his choices on many polls and upcoming games now, like I said before, even if Sakurai doesn't want to plan all the veterans for DLC pre-ballot, he likely has considered Young Link again with the highly anticipated remake. Also, the fact that he hates cutting veterans also means he would've likely picked up the idea of Young Link again even if he somehow magically ignores that MM3D just got released. Either way, he likely has been considered even if one cancelled the other, he's still in favor. Just because he hasn't been considered in Brawl doesn't mean can't be considered in other ways.
____

We already have Majora's Mask costume and a Link costume! He's impossible now!
Sheik already represents OoT, we don't need Young Link!

This is almost irrelevant to his chances, given how there are a load of costumes based on existing characters on the roster and the fact Sakurai has let Young Link, Sheik, Zelda, Ganondorf and Link in the same roster in Melee. Even then, this doesn't really outweigh the positives Young Link has of being a veteran Sakurai can bring back.

Young Link Want:
60%
Not my personal most wanted, but I really dislike the majority of people opinions that flat-out say he has no chance. I've argued about this for how many clones now through out the time I had here in Smashboards speculation, two of them to be exact. Both had large noticeable hatebases against, and I got especially irritated when it came to Dark Pit even AFTER THE DIRECT TEASE IN PALUTENA'S TRAILER. Young Link is no different here, and I'm going to keep defending him even if he has a low amount of supporters and is the least desired veteran in Smash Bros until he's revealed or deconfirmed.

Character-wise, there was sort of a special appeal when it came to Young Link. Back in Melee, when I unlocked him, he was the most nostalgic moments I have ever encountered out of all unlockable characters in the game. With Saria's theme and his oddly awesome voice, I could remember exactly how I battled out against him and remember getting him unlocked. He also one of the best taunts in the game (also the longest out of all them) with him drinking the milk jar, the only one could legitimately remember out of all Melee veterans that have been cut.

I'll be so so excited if he gets revealed (especially if he's the first unpopular character revealed for DLC), because it would mean all these debates about Young Link would go to piece in the graveyard completely and I can remove the large nerve under my shoulder right now. I hope that day comes.

Nominations:
x5 Jibanyan

(READ ABOVE FIRST! EVERYONE SHOULD DO SO AND NOT SKIP!)
Honestly, I have put such a long amount of time on this rating, it would be sad if barely anyone read this at all. Be nice for once. :L

Early rating because I gotta sleep early today.
(Don't you dare skip a word this rating or the Moon will crash unto your fate in Termina)

Saria's Song to enjoy reading, it'll be a long one:

Young Link Chance:
20%
(I am using every argument I can recall in the Official Character Discussion thread and the 35 Factors to Consider for DLC for this analysis, which I recommend using)
(I also rechecked many times to make sure I'm not flaming anyone here)

Ah Young Link, by far one of the most debated characters I have defended through my time here in DLC speculation so far. I have encountered pretty much every single bit of percentage of arguments against him, and I will show that there are positives within Young Link that can overcome the negative aspects of inclusion and make it as readable as possible. With that, let's get started and I recommend to NOT IGNORE and read every inch of this before you rate:

I'M GOING RATING KAIO KEN X3

___

+He's a veteran. Sakurai has reiterated that "if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt." With this in mind, with the time he has for DLC, there's a
good chance he'll bring almost every veteran back (I say "almost" because Ice Climbers and the 3DS limitations), and Young Link is one of those. This gives him a better chance than most characters for DLC.
___

+When it comes to relevance, Young Link is already through the gate with that with the 3DS title The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Just like Toon Zelda, even if Sakurai doesn't want to plan all the veterans for DLC pre-ballot, he likely has considered Young Link again with the highly anticipated remake. That is what also gives him a slight edge over some veterans (Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle) even if he's the least requested.
___

+Not only that, he would be an easy to make clone. Like Pichu, he also shares some similarities with Toon Link and Link and already has a moveset to take from and start from scratch.

Given with the recently released game and the free time he's been given with DLC, he could likely and easily take some inspiration from the game to use masks that act as temporary transform moves like Kirby's Stone attack, Pac-Man turning into his pizza shape form, and Sonic turning into his ball form, there are a load of examples of this. His non-special move attacks would likely remain the same, but with new moves to give him a new flavor that doesn't feel exactly like Toon Link's play style.

From, my moveset (which you can find below), The Side-B is basically the boomerang, only two small versions of them are thrown in the air. The Neutral-B remains the same. The only two moves that need adjusting would be his Down-B and Recovery. He's still the light-weighted somewhat powerful Young Link he's always been, only with a few new tools. It's not a drastic change to his playstyle really.

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is show.

Side-B: Zora Boomerang: Link turns into Zora Link to throw two multi-hitting small fin boomerangs at the opponent, great for keeping out of range of the opponent, however he's unable to move and he has to wait for the boomerangs to come back in order to move again.

Down-B: Goron Roll: Similar to Sonic's Down-B, only much stronger and slower. It must be at full charge in order to Goron Link to damage opponents. If uncharged, Goron Link will just pass by the opponent where he's open to attack.
(Altenatively, he can just use the bombchus if Sakurai wishes to keep the special moves similar)

Up-B: Deku Flower Flight: Link turns into Deku Link to fly with his swirling flowers, has a glide effect and is able to shoot Deku Nuts straightforward in the air. The flowers also do multi-hitting damage too if an opponent tries to hit from above. If an opponent manages to hit him, he'll fall helplessly making him really open to attacks.
(Alternatively, he can just keep the same special move too)
___

Really that's the main points helping his inclusion really, the other benefits such as importance to the Zelda series and coming from two very critically acclaimed games is kinda unimportant really given that he is already an established character in Smash Bros. One of the slightly likelier candidates for DLC, I think people are severally undererestimating his chances here.

Break Time So That Your Eyes Don't Strain from this rating analysis:

Ready to read some more, let's keep going! You'll survive don't worry!

Common Arguments Against Young Link that I will Counter below:

Young Link is redundant! We don't need a third link! Toon Link Takes His Playstyle!

This doesn't matter at all. People mention Paper Mario as a plausible candidate and don't mention that he's a third Mario, yet it matters for Young Link. There is some inconsistency within this. Really with Sakurai it doesn't matter if he's Link, the fact that Sakurai has aloud multiple versions of a character in a roster and the fact that he is a veteran that people miss dearly should show that being a third link is irrelevant to his chances.
____

He's a clone! The fanbases HATE clones they will react badly and salt will be poured!
Really? This is a franchise that Sakurai has added similar characters on for each installment he made that he made on his spare time so he can increase play-time for many players. Sure, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario had gotten negative reception at first, but people got over it in days once the streams of Smash 3DS started rolling when all the characters got unlocked. The same will go for Young Link, people will hate it, but get over it eventually and buy him anyway to complete their rosters or not buy him at all if they don't like his inclusion.
____

He's not popular at the ballot! Not qualifiable for DLC!
I'm sure you all heard this before, just because a certain character is unpopular doesn't make them impossible. There are likely characters who have been planned way before the ballot was considered, just to name a few, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and Mewtwo are among some of these. Not ALL will solely be based on the ballot. Even then, the ballot is nothing more than a suggestion box in reality, there's a large misunderstanding when it comes to how the ballot works, it isn't a popularity
contest guys.
____

Zelda has enough characters, too many reps!
And why would this matter? Let me give you one single character who is also a veteran who is getting in despite fact the series has already gotten 4 characters, and that character is Roy, giving Fire Emblem five characters total despite being a niche franchise. Really this is more of an opinion than anything, which likely doesn't share with Sakurai given how open he
is with choices.
____

He has to go through Impa and Ganon first, too much Zelda competition!
Is it really that much competition though?

The only Zelda characters that come to mind are Impa, Ganon, Tetra, and Toon Zelda. That's not fierce competition at all.
Even then, the former two have bigger problems in mind, notably Impa having consistent minor roles with most Zelda games and the fact Ganon likely won't be considered given with Sakurai already having Ganondorf and his lack of popularity in the ballot. It really dumbs down to just Tetra and Toon Zelda, which I don't find much flaws to their inclusion at all, but Young Link has the slight upper edge with him being a veteran and having a highly anticipated 3DS title that's still being advertised in commercials today. (that game was far more anticipated that WWHD)
____

He was not planned for Brawl, that means he's never going to be considered again!
Honestly, this is a pretty bad argument. Given how Sakurai starts considering his choices on many polls and upcoming games now, like I said before, even if Sakurai doesn't want to plan all the veterans for DLC pre-ballot, he likely has considered Young Link again with the highly anticipated remake. Also, the fact that he hates cutting veterans also means he would've likely picked up the idea of Young Link again even if he somehow magically ignores that MM3D just got released. Either way, he likely has been considered even if one cancelled the other, he's still in favor. Just because he hasn't been considered in Brawl doesn't mean can't be considered in other ways.
____

We already have Majora's Mask costume and a Link costume! He's impossible now!
Sheik already represents OoT, we don't need Young Link!

This is almost irrelevant to his chances, given how there are a load of costumes based on existing characters on the roster and the fact Sakurai has let Young Link, Sheik, Zelda, Ganondorf and Link in the same roster in Melee. Even then, this doesn't really outweigh the positives Young Link has of being a veteran Sakurai can bring back.

Young Link Want:
60%
Not my personal most wanted, but I really dislike the majority of people opinions that flat-out say he has no chance. I've argued about this for how many clones now through out the time I had here in Smashboards speculation, two of them to be exact. Both had large noticeable hatebases against, and I got especially irritated when it came to Dark Pit even AFTER THE DIRECT TEASE IN PALUTENA'S TRAILER. Young Link is no different here, and I'm going to keep defending him even if he has a low amount of supporters and is the least desired veteran in Smash Bros until he's revealed or deconfirmed.

Character-wise, there was sort of a special appeal when it came to Young Link. Back in Melee, when I unlocked him, he was the most nostalgic moments I have ever encountered out of all unlockable characters in the game. With Saria's theme and his oddly awesome voice, I could remember exactly how I battled out against him and remember getting him unlocked. He also one of the best taunts in the game (also the longest out of all them) with him drinking the milk jar, the only one could legitimately remember out of all Melee veterans that have been cut.

I'll be so so excited if he gets revealed (especially if he's the first unpopular character revealed for DLC), because it would mean all these debates about Young Link would go to piece in the graveyard completely and I can remove the large nerve under my shoulder right now. I hope that day comes.

Nominations:
x5 Jibanyan

(READ ABOVE FIRST! EVERYONE SHOULD DO SO AND NOT SKIP!)
Honestly, I have put such a long amount of time on this rating, it would be sad if barely anyone read this at all. Be nice for once. :L
Just a heads up but a third mario is actually brought up like 50% of the time for paper mario. Minimum. Probably more.

Plus dark pit still has a pretty damn vocal hatebase.

TBH with how much you have been hyping this up i expected more than 20% :laugh:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
BB bandit trio
Chance: 50%

Anyway,
BB Bandit Trio:
Chance: 0%
From an unrepresented series without serious demand? Check.
Supporting characters within said series? Check.
A trio character? Check.
Ballot support that is probably in the single digits? Check.
This is one character to which I can say Brash the Friggin Bear has a better chance than.

Want: 5%
I find the fact that the long nose guy has a better sense of smell than the dog hilarious, and it would be hysterical to see that as a move somehow. Otherwise, no thank you.

Predicting Young Link at 12%

Just a thought I had... the 6+ DLC characters concept is close to reaching the top of the nomination list, seeming likely to be rated before E3. We already know that six additional character slots had been added in the 3DS version's code thanks to the datamining of the 1.0.6 update, which heavily implies we're getting at least six characters. Also the general consensus is that we're getting Mewtwo (already released), Lucas (confirmed), Ryu, Roy (both seemingly leaked in said update), Wolf (not leaked or anything but generally seen as a lock without the need of the ballot) and at least one ballot character. I don't think it'd be really interesting to rate the concept of 6 or more DLC characters because we are going to get mostly if not only 90%+ chances ratings for the extra datamined slots alone, but I think it'd be much more interesting to rate the concept of at least 7 DLC characters instead. (Unless 6+ already means "more than six"? I personally read it as "at least six")

I'm letting those who nominated this concept tell if there's no problem about changing it a bit, but in all honesty at least 6 characters is going to be almost universally considered a guarantee considering the datamined slots.
Another user originally nominated the concept, but I haven't seen them since they rejoined the game and have been nominating the concept in place of them ever since. I can'[t say their opinion on it, but I'm completely fine with rating it as 7 or more dlc characters though.

Nominating 7 or more dlc characters x5

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I hate to be a bit off-topic but can I see your full picture of your avatar please :)
Here is the picture that I got it from

I can give you the edited version in a PM if you like :)

Id also like to point out we are rating the BB bandit trio. Not anna.

dang it pk_wonder not everything is about noms. :p

I smell bias from someone here. . .
But I did my post when it was still Anna's day.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
B. B. Bandit Trio:
Since everyone was making the Team Rocket comparison I figured I'd do this.

Prepare for a low rating.

Haters will be hating.

To protect this forum from bad nominations.

To unite all zeros with excavations.

To denounce the Fossil Fighters with truth and love.

To blow our chances to the stars above.

Vivian

Snivels

B. B. Bandits getting "0% chance" at the speed of light.

And we get a "0% want" because we'd lose the fight.

Rex, that's Right!

Young Link prediction: 10%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

DAY OVER
LOOKS LIKE THE B. B. BANDIT TRIO IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Here is the picture that I got it from

I can give you the edited version in a PM if you like :)

But I did my post when it was still Anna's day.
Nah, This is fine.

Seeing the full image, I wonder how horribly disfigured he would be if he stood up straight, That arm and sword is really big.

Still like it though, its an edited verion of this isn't it?

My favourite Majora's Mask artwork is this

I love my dire moon theme

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
B. B. BANDIT TRIO
CHANCE: 2.38%
WANT: 3.92%
Next up we're rating the final veteran Young Link. We have a tie in the nominations but we're going to do Dark Samus first so please predict her score. We will be doing Jibanyan the day after.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nah, This is fine.

Seeing the full image, I wonder how horribly disfigured he would be if he stood up straight, That arm and sword is really big.

Still like it though, its an edited verion of this isn't it?

My favourite Majora's Mask artwork is this

I love my dire moon theme
Oh, cool. :)

Yeah, the similarities makes my wonder if it was just done by a of Smashified rather than Smashified themselves.

Yeah, that poster is very cool. Ah, this makes me hope that Young Link can get back into Smash even more!

Troykv

Smash Master
Young Link? Okay...

Chance: 15%

If 3 Marios is possible... Is possible 3 Links... Maybe the least likeable veteran that don't have special issues (Snake or Ice Climbers), but still, veteran is a big plus anyday.

Want: 0%

Meh... Pretty much like a Toon Link and Adult Link mix?... I'm don't a Link's fan xD

Sounds dumb hace Yink when we already hace another Child Link... Literally, don't a similar character with similar moveset, he is another Link's version (OoT's one)

Predictions: Dark Samus

Chance: 12%
Want: 53%

Nominations:

Micaiah x5

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Young Link

Chance: 5%. Being the only character in Smash throw to have been stated to have been outright replaced is not very beneficial to his chances, even though he is a vet and has a smash fanbase. (Edit: Could've sworn Sakurai said something on this. Should've made sure first, I guess.)

Want: 25%. He is a vet and has his fans as previously stated, and another LoZ character could be used. Hopefully they'll change up a few of his moves if he gets back in.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Young Link
:GCCD::GCCR::GCCL::GCCD::GCCR::GCCL:
Chances: 26%.
Young Link can go either way - you can bring him back as a quick and easy clone character, or you could go for something new inspired by Hyrule Warriors or Majora's Mask. Now that I think about it, Young Link and Roy are in similar positions - some saw them as gone for good, while others looked for that one last glimmer of hope. Currently, his main competition comes from Impa, and one challenge that's apparent is the lack of a strong voice that demands him back like Roy.
:GCL::GCR::GCD::GCL::GCR::GCD:
Want: 60%
Now, Young Link is a character I sometimes sit on the fence with - that means, I would like to see him return, other times I think, it's fine without him. But after playing as him in Hyrule Warriors, I really get a sense that there can be more to Young Link than many people think. If he provided something unique to him such as a Masks-inspired moveset or an Ocarina moveset like Hyrule Warriors, sure, I'd welcome him back.

Dark Samus Predictions: 18.35%

Nominations: Rerate: Inklings... X5

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Young Link day. TIME TO RATE!!!

Chance: 40%

Look, I am feeling really confident about Young Link's chances. Yes, I know there is some hate on the character coming back and that people say because of Toon Link Young Link has 0 chance. But that really doesn't mean swat to me. If people want 3 Mario's in Smash, then why can't we have 3 Link's? I mean, for all we know, Young Link could have a Hyrule Warriors moveset. There are so many unique movesets for him and even if he was to return in his Melee form, he would still be very unique, particularly when you compare him to some of the other clones in Smash 4.

Want: 100%

Can go over 100%? Like 200%. I LOVE Young Link. Ever since I first saw him in Ocarina of Time and then played him in Super Smash Bros Melee, there is some about the character and about this particular Link that stuck out to me. I don't what it is, but every time I see his face, I can't but smile. He just brings me such joy. Also, I believe it is impossible to watch his Melee Milk taunt and not to have you heart melt from how adorable it is :3.

In short, I love Young Link and hope he can return

Nomination: Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) x5

D

Deleted member

Young Link

Chance: Negligible (Approximately 0%)

I feel like it's redundant to bring him back when Toon Link was intended to be his replacement and fills his void almost to a T. Sakurai and his team could differentiate this incarnation of Link by implementing the mask powers from Majora's Mask, though.

I can't bring myself to rate him very high, but I don't want to give an absolute zero score either.

Want: 65%

Please look at my avatar. LOOK AT IT! That avatar would be Young Link's Final Smash. I would love to traverse around the battlefield while slaying my opponents as the Fierce Deity, and that simple palette swap for Link does not do it justice, though I do like that costume.

On top of that, Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game I was exposed to and played, and Majora's Mask cemented itself as one of my favorite entries in the entire series once I got over the steep difficulty curve and eventually beat it, so Young Link does have some sentimental value for me. Heck, whenever I play as Link in Project M, I always choose his reskin based on Adult Link from Ocarina of Time.

EDIT: Admittedly, there are other Zelda characters that I would prefer.

Prediction: Dark Samus - 2.5%

Nomination: Zael x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Young Link:

Chance: 35%

I don't see why he couldn't be an option. If Roy is truly coming back than I personally think he has a chance. Not saying a very large chance, but he has other factors in his favor. @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 brought up some reasons.

Want: 5%

That said, I'm not a fan of him. I don't really like Link as is but I do prefer to play Young Link over regular Link. There's just other Zelda characters I'd rather see.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
B. B. BANDIT TRIO
CHANCE: 2.38%
WANT: 3.92%
Next up we're rating the final veteran Young Link. We have a tie in the nominations but we're going to do Dark Samus first so please predict her score. We will be doing Jibanyan the day after.
Well looks like I'll have to spam them on the ballot myself.:glare:But now they shall haunt this thread until they get more fanart. :evil:
Also,

BB bandit trio will be DLC, Please tremble in fear.:demon:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Young Link
Chance: 5%
Toon Link kind of is the new Young Link. Also he wasn't found in any Brawl data.

Want: 1%
We have enough Links.

Predictions: Dark Samus 3%

Nominations: Sami X5. More people better nominate her.
Also I'll have to get you guys to like Sturm more, so when his rating comes, he'll get a high want rating, so here's a fan movie featuring Sturm.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Young Link

Chance: 25%
Now this one is interesting. True, he's a veteran, but he's also the only veteran who really doesn't seem missed, since Toon Link pretty much took everything of his and made it better (but still not enough...)

Cue "OMG TOO MANY LINKZ" argument.

Having said that, I don't see him as particularly likely; again the general fanbase is against clones and half-***ed characters. YL, as he was in Melee, was a pure clone, only differing in the taunt. As TL is an effective replacement, YL seems completely redundant...a clone of a character with a clone?

But then Roy seems to be a thing, and you could say the exact same thing for him. I guess it's to be seen what happens with him. The one major difference is that Roy has a very vocal fanbase, whereas YL's is not as rabid.

Now, there is the option of giving YL a MM moveset. Seems more likely, but Sakurai may not want to do that - it would alienate people who liked Melee YL (I think there's a bit of flak from having changed Pit a bit...) and it would still end up repelling people who don't want more of the same character in the game. This option seems like putting in a lot of work for a lose-lose situation.

Finally, and what I would chalk as the most likely, would be giving TL a YL alternate. It may take some forcing of the hitboxes, but since TL doesn't use a WW-inspired moveset, it would work for YL.
No. No. No. No. NO!

I do not want more versions of the same character. What, is nobody else in the Zelda universe important?

Toon Link has fully replaced Young Link. (Of course, if I had my way, the toon stuff would be banished anyway). There is really not much that makes Young Link better than Toon Link besides the realistic design, and that could be fixed by making YL a TL alt. Done.

I do not want to see another Link clone. One is enough.

I do not want to see a new moveset. I'd rather have the time put into giving us a legit Ganondorf. Or getting Sheik her own final smash. Or getting Young Link a less-cloney special set. There's enough clonage going on in the Zelda series, that we don't need another. Besides, if they wanted to give us some MM representation, I'd have liked to see a much more true-to-form Fierce Deity, like the beautiful white version from HW, not this grey thing (of course, it's magic enough that we got it at all...). If I wanted to see a moveset from HW represented, there's another character who is infinitely superior in every way, and is tired of falcon punching his way through Smash.

NO THREE VERSIONS OF ONE CHARACTER!!!!

No. I am tired of all these characters trying to shove my main out of the spotlight. Seriously, no other character shares a crowd chant with someone, not even Dark Pit. With the love that the Zelda series has gotten, it's completely conceivable that a YL would just reuse the same chant.

No, thank you. Do not want.
Dark Samus: 5.1%

Nom Stage Packs x5

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Young Link

Want: 50%

Prediction:
Dark Samus 14%

Nomination: Bayonetta x 5

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Young Link:

Chance: 25%

Even though Toon Link pretty much replaced him, If they can bring back Doc and Roy plus add 2 complete clones, I think they could easily do the same with Young Link if they really wanted to. Also the fact he's playable in Hyrule Warriors proves he hasn't been completely forgotten.

Want: 95%

Even though I never used him in Melee, I'd love to see him back. I like him more than Toon Link in every way possible by huge margins.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Young Link

Chance: 40%
With veteran status and Majora's Mask 3D released a few months ago, this is the best time he has to return unless Majora's Mask 2 is ever created.

Want: 80%
With Majora's Mask being my favorite Zelda title, I know of the potential Young Link has. Having said this, I would have prefered his addition if transformations weren't removed since I feel Deku, Goron and Zora Link deserve better than simply being relegated to a special move. Three Links will surely generate controversy, but with one Link being a completely unique character (as long as they incorporate masks into his moveset), I wouldn't mind at all. However if Young Link retains his old moveset... oh dear.

Nominations
Tingle x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Young Link:

Chances: 15%
Want: 10%

-Nominations: New Kirby stage from the newer Kirby games X5

BB bandit trio
Nintendo is doing more with Fossil fighters, and if they wanted to add a character they could do it in a way similar to Bowser Jr.
By having the BB bandits (Vivian and Snivels) be alts for the main hero, they could get into smash that way, It'd be nice to have 8 different fossil fighters, By having the 8 fighters be the 5 hero characters from the game along with Vivian and Snivels of the trio and Rosie as the 8th alt. Its a cool concept, of course the chance of it happening is up in the air, but hey maybe Sakurai will look at the BB bandit trio and like the idea.
This is just 100% bias.
I hope you didn't take this seriously, colder_than_ice...

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Young Link

Chance - 1% - One of the big problems is that Young Link is a tough sell. He does not have the star power to get in by himself, and as a prior clone he has gained a notable hate base. Many have expressed sentiment that Toon Link makes his more realistic counterpart redundant. Not being a part of the Forbidden Seven is a big blow. Above all, however, is simply put there is no guaranteed return. He's such a divisive character that there is no certainty that any investments played to him will pay off. At the end of the day, that is all that matteres.

Want - 20%- I want the ton games represented more. Terra or Vaati, take your pick.

Dark Samus Prediction - 0.13% - An assist group day. Scores are rock bottom.

Nominations

New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Young Link

Chance: 70%

I think some people might be really underestimating his chances here. If what Sakurai said about getting as much DLC characters in as possible, it's not a stretch to say that Young Link can return to the game given his vet status.

Other than Roy, he's my most requested veteran to return to the series. If it were up to me, I would literally take out Toon Link and put back Young Link in the game. That's how badly I want YL in the game. His moveset potential for a hypothetical revamped moveset would be amazing and I would be disappointed if he doesn't at least make the cut for Smash 5 if he can't be Smash 4 DLC.

Prediction
Dark Samus: 2%

Nominations
Andy X5

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Young Link

Chance: 10%

Really relevant now thanks to MM3D but that's about it. Plus the point of DLC is to make people excited, that being said I doubt most people will be happy when they hear that a clone of a already-cloned character was chosen over a much better Zelda character.

Want: 90%

Young Link was one of my favorite Melee characters so I would love to see if he returned.

Dark Samus Prediction: .1%

Nomination: Bomberman (x5)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Young Link
Chance: 65%
We're likely getting Roy back despite having Marth and Lucina.
Young Link has recently appeared in Hyrule Warriors DLC, Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D. All of which are popular games.
He is a veteran.
The current Link, Toon Link and Young Link aren't even the same character. Of the three, Young Link is arguably the most iconic, being the Hero of Time.
Also, he's the Hero of Time. Arguably the most important Hero in the Zelda universe being the cause of split timeline and having heavy influence of the story of Wind Waker and returning as his own stand alone character in Twilight Princess in the form of the Hero's Spirit.
Everything Bluepikmin said (Except the Paper Mario thing, since a lot of people are against him for the three mario thing)

Its not just that he's a veteran, (I want all veterans back), but Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games of all time. Young Link is also my favourite incarnation of Link by far, just look at the artwork I posted earlier. It is by far the most badass awesome artwork in the entire series. But not only can he look badass when he wants to, he can also look quite cute when he wants to be such as in Hyrule Warriors. Adult Link always has design choices that I'm not a fan of, (eyerings), Toon Link is alright but I do prefer Link non-toon (But I still like the Toon style), Classic Link has really weird hair. Young Link in my eyes has the perfect design. He is also the most powerful of the Links.

Nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

Prediction Dark Samus 10%

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Young Link

Chance: 2%

+Is a Smash veteran
+Is the main character of a recent Zelda release
+As a clone, he could be easy to make

-Lacks the popularity typically inherent with Smash veterans
-Was outright replaced in Brawl with a very similar character
-Majora's Mask 3D has already received promotion through DLC (that is to say, they likely haven't planned to use YL to promote it)

The way I see it, Young Link is simply an unappealing choice for DLC. While he is a Smash veteran, he uniquely lacks several traits that make Smash veterans ideal for DLC. Frankly, there is little demand for him, and his general concept (that being a younger, more agile Link) has been replicated by Toon Link for the previous two games, fully replacing Young Link in the process. A near identical clone of what is more or less the same character is not a promising DLC prospect. Now, they could potentially revamp him to make him completely unique from Link and Toon Link... But then they are investing excess time and resources into making what is essentially a brand new character for a limited fan base. That's an inefficient use of the potential DLC has to offer.

I think the negatives significantly outweigh the positives in this case. Certainly not impossible, but not something I see happening.

Want: 10%

I liked Young Link in Melee alright, but I really don't care for the idea of him returning.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Young Link
Chance: 20%

To be honest, it can actually go in any direction since we all know how Japan loves their veterans (With him being unfortunately lower than Pichu because Pokebias). But unlike Japan, Young Link is actually the least missed of the veterans with Pichu as a close second. But with games like Hyrule Warriors and Majora's Mask 3D, more people are starting to want him back and Sakurai would probably use this opportunity to do so. But the only flaws are the fact that he may feel that ALL veterans shouldn't return and people might not be happy about three Links in the roster (DLC or not). There's also the fact that people might want characters like Impa and Lana instead since they had been gaining some support after the release of Hyrule Warriors. I will hold off on him getting more unique quirks in his moveset unless we take a look at what happens to Roy first.

Want: 30%

I love the kid and all, but there some veterans I'd prefer myself first then we'll talk about Fire Arrows. Loved all the N64 games in their colorful their glory despite liking the Cat Eyed Hero of Time more due to the timeless art style associated with his appearances. And let's face it, we all know that we want to get a taste of that Lon Lon Milk taunt. :awesome:

Predictions: Dark Samus 3%

Nominations: Takamaru x5 #SlashtheVote

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chance: 20%

Back then, I remember Young Link and Pichu were the two Melee-cut characters that people seemed to miss the least in the transition to Brawl (again, going off my initial observations). In the following years, however, it seemed like this was not the case. In fact, in the past few months, I've noticed there is still a decent demand to bring these characters back, and with today's RTC character, it looks like I'm going to be examining one of them.

Young Link definitely has some considerable support for his return, and with Majora's Mask being recently remade for the Nintendo 3DS, Young Link is once again a current video game character (even though he is really from the late 1990s) that younger gamers can easily recognize. These two factors, in my opinion, are what prevent Young Link's chances from being zero.

The main issue here is the entire "too many Links" argument. Toon Link is supposed to be his replacement in Brawl, and like Young Link, his moveset is essentially a copy of Link's with differences in damage and aesthetics. Most often, many will think Young Link will once again use his same moveset from Melee, which just so happens to be a practical clone of Link's. If viewed in that regard, it wouldn't be an interesting looking Zelda roster if he got in; three Links and three other Zelda characters seems a bit... lackluster; even I will admit it.

However, now with the recent deal about Roy having a very high chance of appearing as DLC, it has made me think about Young Link's situation a bit more. I mean, Roy's moveset is a clone of Marth's with a few differences here and there, and with Lucina being another Marth clone in Smash 4, we are very likely going to see three different Marths on the Smash 4 roster. If that's so, one could then bring up the argument, "If they'll do it Roy, we can do it with Young Link too." This could end up being one reason to support his inclusion...

...but this is where we can see why Roy would be considered for a "second clone to a familiar character" addition over Young Link. First off, Roy has much more demand for his return compared to Young Link, but there's a lot more to that. Aesthetically, Roy looks different from Marth (minus the stance), so on the Smash 4 roster, each of the "Marth characters" look different from one another. Marth and Lucina already look different from each other (minus the hair color, but their gender and clothing set them apart), and Roy further adds to the aesthetic difference. If Young Link were to be included, we would have three Links looking similar to each other. Sure one is an adult, another is kid with cat-eyes, and the other is a normal looking child, but all of them have the same style green hat, green tunic, boots, and sword. This once again, goes back to the "too many Links" argument.

However, I do acknowledge that there is a strong potential to give Young Link a completely new moveset to make him more distinct. That way, people wouldn't complain about "too many Links" as much. I could see the use of his masks for his special moveset, and I'm sure there's more that can be done.

Want: 15%

While Young Link has a small bit of potential to return, he's simply not one of the characters I want to see appear as DLC. I will even admit like Young Link's replacement, Toon Link, a lot more (heck, he was one of my secondaries in Brawl). Like I said back when I rated Toon Zelda, my top pick for Zelda DLC would be Impa because of her relevance and importance to the series over the years, as well as the uniqueness she would bring to her moveset.

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x3
Gallade (Pokemon): x2

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I have a bad sense of déjà mustard right now.

Young Link

Chance: 1%
You see that one percent chance, that's only if Sakurai can actually declone him to the point where him and :4link:/:4tlink: are so different. But that's not gonna happen since what people liked about Young Link, :4tlink: can do and has done much better, even at a design route. Sakurai pretty much made Toon Link as a replacement and damn good one at that

Along with Pichu, he's the one veteran that shouldn't ever comeback unless Toon Link gets the axe (which won't happen) or the new moveset which is less than Toon link getting cut. Zelda needs more reps but not this. We can go into the argument of how many :4mario:, :4marth:, :4fox: and :4pit:s, but Link will straight up have 3 variations of him with 2 doing the same thing and being the same character (While they aren't related timeline wise, they are all Links).

There's just no reason to ring him back. Zelda has so many reps but Sakurai has to pretty much rehash a moveset because 'veteran status.'

:ivysaur:&:squirtle: can come back on moveset alone, :younglinkmelee: has no reason and no other features for him to come back.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So your incarnation from a different timeline stole your thunder, you say?

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

--

Young Link

Chance: 12.5%
Two outcomes play into Young Link's chances.
They each offer their own situation...but unfortunately, neither look good.

Option one is a straight up carryover from his Melee appearance. He'd be an "easy clone" like others have argued, (allegedly) taking less time to make than a full character. Sakurai has expressed regret with cutting characters, and if Roy is a possibility, Young Link could certainly happen as well, right?

However...if there's anything the Smash fanbase hates, it's clones (unless it's a clone they're particularly fond of). The clones included in the base games get a pass since they're already there...but for DLC? If there's such a dislike for clone characters, how many people (who aren't already fond of the character) would purchase them? On top of that, since Melee is so drastically different from Brawl and Smash 4, all they'd have for his code is a point of reference--he might not be "easier" to make at all, ruining the whole point!

And when Toon Link took his thematic niche in Brawl of being a younger, weaker but more agile Hero and did far more with it...it'd be a tough sell for him to come back as is.

But what about option two? With a newly remade Majora's Mask, one of the most celebrated games in the series, why couldn't Young Link's moveset be revamped around it? It'd solve the clone problem, at the very least.

...Here's the thing, though. We have no precedent for DLC veterans getting revamped. Lucas remained a semi-clone of Ness, while Mewtwo stayed the same despite there being four more generations' worth of new attacks to draw from! And since Sakurai has gone on record saying he dislikes overhauling characters too much out of fear of alienating everyone who played them before...Masked!Link doesn't feel very likely.

Two paths, but the same outcome. Young Link's time has passed.

Want: 15%
As a mask-user, he'd be a little interesting, although his moveset would be limited by the lack of full transformations. As a straight up clone like in Melee? Completely unnecessary. Either way, there're several more compelling options for Zelda characters, none of which are driven by nostalgia.

Dark Samus Prediction: 4.37%
Expect similar scores to Wolf Link & Midna...but a little higher, due to people being starved for a Metroid newcomer.

Nominations:
Absol x5

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It feels kinda wrong to say that the Hero of Time has no star power....

Although I guess for a time people where more into the Adult Link rather than Young Link until sometime later when they started liking Majora's Mask.....

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Young Link - Will he meet with a terrible fate?

Chance: 25% - It appears Sakurai is pretty OK with returning all veterans who were originally cut from the roster. So, this means that Young Link himself has a chance to return. He is easy to make, being a clone, and would therefore also improve his chances. Now, I know people have also suggested "declone him and give him mask abilities." Sadly, this just can't happen. I would really like to see him transform with the Deku, Goron, Zora, and Fierce Deity mask, but transformations don't exist in this iteration of Smash Bros. Also, with Mewtwo and Lucas being relatively unchanged, I don't have hopes for a decloned Young Link.

Want: 5% - And, I hate to admit it, but I don't really want to see it. Remember back when we rated Paper Mario, and people were saying "oh, three Mario's no thank you," this kinda applies here. Only this time, it actually justly applies. Paper Mario has abilities that would deviate him from the other two Mario's, but Young Link does not. He has the same thing going with him that I have a problem with Roy about. He'd create a third version of an existing character. No scratch that, he'd create a third version of an existing character, that you'd have to pay extra for. While at least Roy has a more slight chance of being decloned, Young Link's chances for such happening to him are low. Look, I understand people like Young Link, but I don't want the DLC roster to be comprised of characters that are clones of characters that already have clones in the game that don't have to be paid extra for.

I'm sorry Young Link, to me, you've met with a terrible fate.

Predictions: Dark Samus - Um, an assist trophy already right, and another clone? I don't have a problem here because Samus doesn't have a clone in the game yet. Non-the less, I don't see... her, I suppose (Dark Samus is technically female, right?), doing very well. Hey, at least she isn't "too big." :awesome: 7.28%

Nominations:
Meowth X3
Chibi-Robo X2

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 tldr
nvm I don't care

Young Link chance: 2%

Young Link Want: 0%

NO. NOOOO. WE HAVE TOON LINK. WE DON'T NEED TWO (TWO!!!) BABY LINKS WITH AN ADULT LINK.
I just came back to this thread to express my hatred for Young Link. I'll be back on Pichu's day.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
With so many Links how can people say that he's missing?...:link64::linkmelee::younglinkmelee::link2::toonlink::4link::4tlink:

(bad joke is bad)

:younglinkmelee:Young Link

Chance: 11%
Here's the problem...Two cut veterans from melee weren't apart of the Forbidden 7 (the ever so popular Pichu being the other)...I believe that Young Link was in fact planned to return while being upgraded to a semi-clone such is the case for Falco and Ganondorf...But I believe that the idea for adding Toon Link seemed more appealing rather than Young Link (especially since Twilight Princess Link was a thing and OoT Adult Link is no more), and especially with both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker being the two big recent Zelda titles at the time, while Sheik (and Zelda's moveset) remained as the OoT rep, so to speak...

With all that said does it really, nullify his chances...not really...I do believe he was replaced in Brawl, but Sakurai made it a point to eliminate exact clones in Brawl as well...which he seems to not care about anymore since we got the Doc, Dark Pit and Lucina...and so far for DLC we are getting veterans back, one of which is a semi-clone...some could argue that we will get all of the veterans back before any newcomers while some will simply right off some of the less wanted vets such as YL and Emochu Pichu. There's also the fact that he is very relevant as the new Majora's Mask remake was released just a few months ago...It's hard to really say for sure, but I'm not really all that confident that we'll get Young Link back as is from melee...since that not only gives us three links but three links with almost the exact same moveset...which is pretty frikkin stupid if you ask me (I mean Link is one of my favourite video game characters of all time, but One's enough, but I guess I'll tolerate two)...

So that leads us to our next question...Will he get an updated moveset? The idea of a Masked Young Link has been going around quite frequently actually. Adding him in with his Transformation Masks, and maybe even the use of some of his other masks as well, such as the Keaton Mask, or even the mighty Giant's Mask (The new Twinmold boss fight is one of the most Satisfying Boss fights I ever had btw, you can either Hammer Throw the giant flying centipede, or choke it out till it's internal, Majora's eyeball pops out of it's head, frikkin awesome!!!), there is actually quite a bit to work with, even using some in game items (items that other Smash Link's don't use, like the Great Fairy Sword)...However there is one issue...Masked Young Link may not work too well without Transformations, as he'd likely have 5 forms being himself, deku, goron, zora, and of course the Badassery of the Fierce Diety, but as stated, because of the removal of transformations (due to the 3DS limitations) Masked Young Link most likely won't happen especially due to the fact that he may have more transformations than pkmn trainer did, and we all know his fate in Smash 4...

:younglinkmelee:gets 10%
while...

gets a measley 1%...

adding them together for a total chance of 11%...Not looking to good for the young Hero of Time in my opinion, but not out of the question...

----

Want:
:younglinkmelee:1%
As he is from melee, no thanks...Toon Link is the better version of him (and I don't really want Toon Link to begin with, but we got him regardless)...I never really understood why we had to have a smaller version of Link (sure he represents the whole child Link of the series and all that but he's literally the same person as Link from melee, just weaker, with fire arrows and a wall jump), but on the other hand....

75%
if he gets an upgraded moveset based around his transformations from Majora's Mask! Then Yes Please! Third Link or not, this character would be awesome!! Not only would it be awesome to be able to use the various masks for attacks, but being able to play as a deku scrub, goron and zora in smash would be Epic AF!!! Seriously, you go from a lighter than Jigglypuff plant dude with a recovery that puts even Villager to shame to a nimble middle-lightweight elbow boomerang tossing fish dude, to a heavier than Bowser sonic spin dashing Rock Brute!
And we haven't even got to the FINAL SMASH YET.....*droooool*....let's put it this way....guess what skin for Link I almost always use when I play as him...just take a wild...no...a 'fierce' guess...I mean just go to YouTube and watch some Hyrule Warriors Gameplay of the Fierce Deity in action...you will see why Young Link is the most OP character in that game...

So Averaging out the two ratings gets Young Link: 38% a fair want rating considering the two possibilities...

----

Prediction: 101% 4.5%
Dark Samus
F*#K FINALLY!!! I still have a slight slim faint glimmer of what you could call hope, but I know many will simply say...prrff Assist Trophy 0%:glare:...Let's just say that DS has a reputation almost as much as Ridley for not staying dead...so don't be surprised if things happen...

But I'll be watching you guys -'_'O

----

Nominations:
Dar....uh....hmmm...I...I don't really know what to do with myself now...
Well then...let's work on some concepts then shall we?
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
Concept: Alpha Stages x1
Concept: 6+ DLC Characters x1

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Young Link:

Chance: 17%

More or less the last cut veteran to be rated. Now before Roy's files were found he pretty much had no chance. How ever since the data mine. Sakurai does seem to want to bring back every single veteran provided they don't have limitations like the Ice Climbers or Snake. So this helps Young Link's chances here.

However, he and Pichu were the only Cut veterans not planned for Brawl and he was more or less replaced by Toon Link. And Sakurai is hesitant to completely revamp characters because he doesn't want to disappoint the fans who use the clones and like their movesets thus hindering MM Link completely. All in all he does have good chances but others like Roy and Wolf have much chances.

Want:50% He's more or less my least favorite cut. But it would be nice for the fans of him if he was back.

Prediction:

Dark Samus: 2.56%

Lana: NOPPPEEE!

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Young Link chances: 1.86%
Okay I get Sakurai wants to put cut characters back in SSB4 through DLC but wouldn't Young Link be really pushing it? There's very little demand for him, he's outclassed by basically every other cut character including Pichu as well as a slew of potential newcomers, and he's currently the only character who was outright replaced by someone who fills the exact same niche, as Sakurai believes having a child Link in Smash Bros. is something important. The replacement was probably done due to Toon Link adding more aesthetic diversity to the cast than Melee's young Link, making him the superior choice in some way. In fact, most of Melee young Link's differences from adult Link are shared with Toon Link including faster movement, ability to wall-jump and multi-hitting up special, and one could basically consider Toon Link to just be a redesigned and renamed young Link. There's also the somewhat common proposal of a mask-based moveset inspired from Majora's Mask's tranformations, but since those are complex model changes with many specific bones and animations (contrary to the likes of Stone Kirby or pizza Pac-Man) they may suffer from the same issue as pre-SSB4 Zelda-Sheik transformations, even if those aren't actual character swaps and just a model change for one move before returning to normal. Also considering how Dr. Mario, Mewtwo and Lucas went with the only changes in moveset being slight tweaking and balance, this seems very unlikely to happen.

Oh and by the way, I'm sure the 3DS remakes and the Hyrule Warriors DLC appearance have a negligible effect on young Link's chances. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are timeless titles and among Nintendo's most fondly remembered games; I don't see how remakes of them could have such a strong impact on the chances of one of their characters who already was in a previous Smash game to come back as DLC. Unless you really think, by using marketing logic, that young Link's return in SSB4 would really have a noticeable positive impact on the sales of the 3D remakes and the Hyrule Warriors DLC...

Young Link want: 0.01%
If it's young Link with a moveset similar to Melee then I think it'd feel like it's really pushing it and absolutely pointless. I can't help but think that wanting young Link to come back as he was in Melee is like asking for Melee Ganondorf and Falco to come back as separate characters from their current SSB4 appearance. A mask-based moveset would be cool I guess but... really, just because there's untapped "moveset potential" doesn't mean it should absolutely be explored. And honestly I find Melee's young Link to be kind of forgettable as a Smash fighter, just like Pichu, and I wouldn't mind if they never comes back.

Overall if we get Melee-like Young Link it's an absolute zero in want from me and a DLC I'm not willing to buy, though maybe I could give him a chance if by a miracle he happens to have a unique moveset based on MM's masks.

Dark Samus prediction: 3.7%
An Assist Trophy who isn't as sheerly wanted as Ridley who still gets solid support even after how harshly Sakurai deconfirmed him, though she doesn't suffer from a Smash-unfriendly design at least.

Nominating:
Concept: Battlefield form stages x4
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x1

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
B. B. Bandit Trio:
Since everyone was making the Team Rocket comparison I figured I'd do this.

Prepare for a low rating.

Haters will be hating.

To protect this forum from bad nominations.

To unite all zeros with excavations.

To denounce the Fossil Fighters with truth and love.

To blow our chances to the stars above.

Vivian

Snivels

B. B. Bandits getting "0% chance" at the speed of light.

And we get a "0% want" because we'd lose the fight.

Rex, that's Right!

Young Link prediction: 10%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

DAY OVER
LOOKS LIKE THE B. B. BANDIT TRIO IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!!
I thought Vivian was your waifu :troll:
Nominations:
Dar....uh....hmmm...I...I don't really know what to do with myself now...
Well then...let's work on some concepts then shall we?
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
Concept: Alpha Stages x1
Concept: 6+ DLC Characters x1
Trust me I know how you feel, To be honest its an accomplishment I was able to single handedly rate a character up, it only took me 51 days, though I didn't rate everyday. Though what's alpha stages?

Top Bottom