• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
MAGOLOR
CHANCE: 7.08%
WANT: 26.83%
This was not a good a day for Magolor, he finished third to last in both chance and want. Next up we're rating Twilight Princess's very own Midna and Wolf Link duo. Also please predict what score Ray will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Assist Trophy riding a third Link:

Chances: 0%
Want: 0%

-Ray Prediction: 20%

-Nominations: Pichu X5

Last edited:
Midna
chance .000000000000001
AT. RIP
at least she is in hyrule warriors. . .

Want 100%
midna is really cool and she is my favorite HW character. she is so fun.
add in wolf link and im pretty sure there is enough potential to be ridiculously fun.

predictions 62%
for some reason not everyone believes the fiels and if people dont expect a veteran they wont expect a 2nd 3rd party. . .

noms
2 viridi
2 roy has awakening attire as default
1 4th mii class

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Midna And Wolf Link

Chance: 3% Midna is already an assist trophy, not very high on the ballot, and someone like Impa who's a recurring character in the Zelda series is much more likely.

Want: 4% I'd prefer a solo Midna instead.

Prediction:

Updated ray prediction: 24.9%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Last edited:

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Wolf Link and Midna.
Chance: 15%.
While their moveset would be unique, and not just a third link (@ Chandeelure Chandeelure .), I just can't see them happening, even if they are highly requested.
Want: 85%.
Ray MK prediction: 48%.

Nominations: Tetra x5. Pichu can wait, guys.

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Midna and Wolf Link

Chance: 9%
Midna is an awesome character that would make an interesting fighter. And please, people, stop saying "we don't need a 3rd link". THIS IS HARDLY ABOUT LINK AT ALL. Wolf Link is just there to give Midna some good movement, the star of the show is Midna, NOT Link. The only thing holding Midna down right now... is that she's an Assist Trophy.

Want 100%
Been wanting Midna for a looooong time. My heart literally sank when I saw her as an assist trophy in a nintendo direct. She deserves so much more and would such an awesome fighter.

Prediction: %27.4
Awww yeah, it's Ray's time to shine!

Nominations: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo) x5

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
let's see midna and toon link.

Change:1%
I love midna and feel she would fit perfectly into the game.However the fact that one is an assist and the other in the game.Not to 2 mention there techinally 2 characters.I mean they could work like duck hunt but i wouldn't want that for them

Want:100%

All of the yes.This would be awesome.Midna in the game would really make the zelda roster more diverse and there moveset would be amazing.Plus a Badass wolf link.

Ray prediction:27%(@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice kinda messed up there in the ratings)

Slippy x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wolf Link and Midna.
Chance: 15%.
While their moveset would be unique, and not just a third link (@ Chandeelure Chandeelure .), I just can't see them happening, even if they are highly requested.
Want: 85%.
Ryu Prediction: 67&.

Nominations: Tetra x5. Pichu can wait, guys.
The wolf is Link and that's a fact, I didn't say something about uniqueness.
It will still not happen, so yeah.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
let's see midna and toon link.

Change:1%
I love midna and feel she would fit perfectly into the game.However the fact that one is an assist and the other in the game.Not to 2 mention there techinally 2 characters.I mean they could work like duck hunt but i wouldn't want that for them

Want:100%

All of the yes.This would be awesome.Midna in the game would really make the zelda roster more diverse and there moveset would be amazing.Plus a Badass wolf link.

Ray prediction:27%(@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice kinda messed up there in the ratings)

Slippy x5
Edit: Never mind, everyone predict what score Ray will get tomorrow.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Midna and Wolf Link
Chance: 5%
They'd have a lot of moveset potential together. But the fact that Midna is already in the game kinda hurts their chances a lot. And they're not the most wanted Zelda character, it seems.

Want: 90%

Prediction:
Ray--17%

Nomination:
Spyro the Dragon [x5]

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
The wolf is Link and that's a fact, I didn't say something about uniqueness.
It will still not happen, so yeah.
It doesn't matter that the Wolf Link is a third Link. The real star is Midna, Wolf Link is just kinda there.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Minda
Edit: Never mind, everyone predict what score Ray will get tomorrow.
Well then, we ought to choose between Ray or Ryu because of high scores

Anyways Minda and Wolf:

Chance: 0%

Want: 10%

Prediction: Ray 5%

Nomination: Tetra x 5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Midna and Wolf Link
0.000001% Chance
Let me be blunt. The only Zelda characters that are ever going to be chosen will be reoccurring characters or represent a core concept of the series. Our characters are the Triforce trio (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf), Sheik (Originally part of Zelda's moveset, became her own character slot later), and Toon Link (represents Toon artstyle and the prevelence of a young link; also yeah, basically replaced Young Link). Now, what does Midna lack? Midna is not overly important to the scope of Zelda as a whole. She is a cool side character, but that is it. Hyrule Warriors? Yeah, that's basically the extent of her appearances in the future in my eyes. To top it all off, she is an assist trophy, neutering her chances.
Zelda Reps more likely for DLC
Ganon
Tetra
Impa
Zelda Reps more likely for Sm5sh (ways away, but just my point)
Ganon
Impa
Tetra
Tingle
Midna was a flavor of the month character from Brawl days. There is a reason Flavor of the Month Characters are not added unless they represent something greater; Pokemon being the sole exception. Zelda is the biggest source of this, due to the very proces the games go by.
100% Want
Which should come to a surprise, I actually dig the idea. Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game, and I did enjoy Midna on my journey. Midna is beyond a shadow of a doubt my favorite companion in a 3D Zelda Game (with the only other ones in Zelda games I actually found enjoyable were Spirit Tracks Zelda if that counts, and The King of Red Lions). Midna is kinda like Ghirahim in my eyes. Its a character who I love in source material who has a great moveset, but is never going to happen. I wish it would, but unless a character like Midna or Ghirahim returns in a mainstream Zelda game, its not happening.

Ray
20.20% Chance
Ehh, he has his fans, but Custom Robo is kind of on a massive hiatus. Hope it comes back though.

Nominating Inkling x 5
Think the costumes might shake things up, lets see what happens.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Midna + Wolf Link

Chance: Negligible (Approximately 0%)

If Sakurai, for whatever reason, wanted a third Link, his unique wolf form would be one of the top contenders, but Midna is already an Assist Trophy and is needed to complete his moveset.

Want: 10%

In the words of @XenoBrawler610:

MONADO, FLAME SHIELD ME!

Twilight Princess is a solid entry in the Zelda series in my opinion, but I'm not much of a fan of Wolf Link. In fact, there's another wolf from a different adventure game series that I would much rather have in Smash. Unfortunately, that other wolf's chances are also slim because its franchise was never very popular and the third party company that owns it already has one, possibly two vastly more iconic representatives in the form of Mega Man and Ryu.

Prediction: Ray - 5%

Nomination: Simon Belmont x5

Last edited by a moderator:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Midna and Werelink

Chance: 5% - Alright, Midna is an assist trophy already, definitely hurting her chances already. Also, let's remember that Midna was a one time only character (aside from Hyrule Warriors, a spin-off). With that said, I feel that this version of Midna would be more likely:

And that's only because this form of her isn't already in Smash. Even still, there are more likely of characters (i.e. Impa) to be picked from the Zelda series.

Want: 1% - I don't really have any reason to want Midna and Wolf Link. For one, let's compare to Paper Mario. Everyone gave him a low rating for being another "Mario." And Link's excuse is, what exactly? Paper Mario has had more appearances than Wolf Link, so Wolf Link just seems unlikely. Secondly, Midna was a one time sidekick for Link. He get's these all the time. Other sidekicks Link has had include Navi, Tatle, Fi, and Ezlo, just to name a few. Unlike a majority of Link's sidekicks, Midna wasn't really annoying, so I can see support for her there, but I can't really find myself to want a one-time character.

Predictions: Ray - was he that little Toy looking Robot assist trophy from Brawl? If we were to get a Toy Robot, I'd prefer Chibi-Robo, but... Um... I don't know Ray really, so... 20%

Nominations: Characters take priority to concepts in my opinion, and because I nominated Meowth last time, I owe it to the character to continue him to his rating. So X5 Meowth :052::052::052::052::052:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Wolf Link and Midna
Chance: 0% One's a assist trophy, and the other is link, yeeeaaahhh.
Want: 0% I really dislike Midna as a character, and I'm not interested in Wolf Link. Besides, aren't all the designs of Zelda chracters save Toon Link their Twilight Princess version? It would be a bit crazy to add on to that.
Predictions: Ryu 84% Edit: whoops Ray 9%
Nominations x 5 Dr. Eggman

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
MIDNA & WOLF LINK
Chance: 20%
- Midna is already an assist trophy, so this badass duo is unfortunately low on the chances. Wolf Link alone wouldn't be too likely, either. However, I rate my chances for characters based on who they are, not on their current Smash Bros status. Midna and Wolf Link would be a great throwback to Twilight Princess, and if we were to get a 3DS port of it (Please! Twilight Princess is my favorite Legend of Zelda game in the whole series), they'd be great for boosting hype. Another thing to look at is that instead of Midna and Wolf Link, have Midna and 'Shackle' (Okay, is 'Shackle' the Shadow Wolf itself, or the tool used to control them? This has been bugging me for a while and I can't find a definite answer) from Hyrule Warriors. Port them over from that game, and the moveset can be even further diversified

Want: 100%
- WHOOOOOOOO TWILIGHT PRINCESS!! Sorry, I just love that game so damn much. Anywho, I'd love to play as Midna and Wolf Link, or even Midna and 'Shackle'. Actually, that'd work out perfectly as an alternate skin for them, like Olimar and Alph. Nintendo. Do it. Anywho, Midna and Wolf Link as a whole would be such a great addition to the game. I actually wish that they had been in Brawl over Toon Link. Would've saved a roster slot for someone more unique. An arguement I can see you all typing is how we already have Duck Hunt, and how they're "Essentially the same thing" but you're wrong. The same argument has been made for Banjo and Kazooie, but again, you're wrong. Duck Hunt, Banjo & Kazooie, as well as Midna and Wolf Link are all unique. They just share a common trait, being a 'Duo' team. They wouldn't even be semi-clones of eachother

Prediction: Ray - 20%
Note: My prediction does not reflect my opinion

Nominations: Dark Samus x5
Damn. All the ones I really wanted to discuss have already been covered.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Midna & Wolf Link
TP is old news, Midna is already an assist trophy and not only do we already have two Links, but we also already have TP Link.

Speaking of TP, it already has enough representation. 4/5 of the characters use their TP design (one of which didn't even appear in TP) and it already has a stage. Wolf Link is easily the worst transformation in the entire series and could easily be replaced by a couple of items (Lens of truth, digging mitts, Rocs Feather), combat as Wolf Link sucks and there is basically no reason to use it unless needed for those things mentioned above. And being a Wolf is so Random, Wolves have never had any significance in the series. And Midna is overrated, she takes up way too much screen time, and she uses Link for no reason, and then when does become a friend, does very little to help, even though she can snap chains warp out of buildings and go through walls. She's still an alright character but is incredibly overrated and is fine as just an assist trophy.

nominate R.O.B.s eye bug fix x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Mmm...

Midna & Wolf Link

Chance: 3%

Well... It's a one-shot character in a franchise that actually HAS not-one/two-shot characters (The Links, Zelda, Ganon(dorf), etc.)... And Midna is already a Assist Trophy... well, she is very popular, has some potential... and she isn't a stage hazard like Ridley... Midna has better chance.

Want: 35%

I don't really care about her or other Zelda One-Shot or Side Characters.

Predictions:

Ray (Is the Tiny robot thing that is a AT in Brawl?)

Chance: 20%
Want: 45%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
What's everyone's personal scale? Mine looks something like this:

Chance
0%: They're not in.
1-10%: They already have a role in the game or have third party issues.
25%: Unlikely.
50%: Plausible.
75%: Likely.
90-99%: They've been leaked.
100%: They're in!

Want
0%: Hatred.
1-10%: Strong dislike.
25%: Mild dislike.
50%: Like.
75%: Love.
90-99%: Lots of love.
100%: My most wanted.

1% chance for Midna/Link, 5% want. A very unlikely duo from a single game, one of which is already an Assist Trophy, and I can't imagine myself caring for this strange combination one bit.

Abstain from prediction.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Midna & Wolf Link

Chance: 1%
Other than Sheik who's only still here due to veteran status, the Zelda series is better represented with characters with multiple appearances in the series. Plus, she's already a assist trophy.

Midna's character never caught my attention. Honestly, I consider Impa, Tingle, Ganon and Vaati to be better ways to represent the series than with a one-shot character.

Nominations:
Lip x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
FAN BOY ALERT!!! FAN BOY ALERT!!! HEAVY READING IMMINENT!!!

Midna & Wolf Link

Chance: 15%
Well, aren't I optimistic! Here's the thing, (note: I'm mostly referring to Midna's character in the next few paragraghs, I'll touch upon Wolf Link in a bit) There is a very important role within the Zelda series that is missing outside of a measly taunt. Link, the hero; Zelda, damsel/princess/title character; Ganon(dorf), recurring villain... finally, the companion, in their respective games are one of the most important characters behind Link himself. The companion not only accompanies Link on his adventures but provides a voice to a character that never talks...Downside is that the companions do tend to get cycled through fairly often, as none have made a second appearance...however...

Midna has played one of the largest roles out of all the companions within the Zelda series in her respective game (I mean the f*cking game is named after her, something only really Link and Zelda can take credit for in the franchise, unless you want to count Najora's Mask and Minish Cap as well) seeing as she is the driving force behind the story's plot. She, unlike the other companions, actually has a great moveset potential and is viable as a smash fighter...Does this mean she deserves it more than the other companions? Not necessarily, but her role in game has proven her to be more than just a simple guide as is the case for most other companions. She is arguably one of the more iconic companions as well (behind Navi, who's iconic for the wrong reasons 'HEY, LISTEN!!')

What's that? She was only in one game, you say?
:4sheik::4robinm::4lucina::4darkpit::4rob::popo::4duckhunt:
Doesn't really mean anything considering Sheik is only here due to her vet status since Transformations were removed...Also, one game that happens to be part of Nintendo's third biggest franchise (one that so far hasn't received a lot of new playable characters since melee)...

What's that? She's not relevant, you say?
Tell that to the King K Rool supporters...plus she's got relevance with her (dual) playability in Hyrule Warriors...either way, if you're not going to count a spinoff appearance for some stupid reason as relevance, then this is another example of popularity vs. relevance...Midna has popularity amoung Zelda fans...

Does Zelda really need any more reps?
Technically no series 'needs' any new reps, as Sakurai and the dev team do no think in terms of reps (If they did we wouldn't have spoken about a possible 5th Fire Emblem character for DLC), but at the same time we're talking about a series that hasn't really received any newcomers since melee, especially since Toon Link was more of a replacement for another character than a newcomer...Midna (and Wolf Link) brings something fresh to the table for the Zelda series...

Now for Wolf Link...'He's a third Link!'...sure...Visually speaking he's far removed from being the same character though he tehcnically is. Wolf Link clearly would have a greatly differing moveset, as well, being y'know a Wolf. Also pairing him with Midna not only makes him more diverse as a character from other Link's, but it also reinforces Midna's companionship with Wolf Link which makes it more symbolic to their respective roles within the game and also within the franchise as well (for most of the game, people would be playing as Wolf Link more often because YOU CAN ACTUALLY RUN FAST!!!!). Adding Wolf Link on his own, first of all doesn't make sense, since in game he's always got Midna riding on his back, second he is a much less prominent figure given the exact same said argument...Paper Mario as a third Mario still has a decent shot at being implemented into Smash, because sure he's Mario but he's unique, Wolf Link is no different, if Sakurai considers the pair to be smash worthy the fact that he shares the same name as two other characters is relatively minor given their potential.

Then there's Midna's role as an Assist Trophy, which would appear to be the nail in the figurative coffin so to speak. BUT there are two loopholes I see...one, 'Midna' is an Assist Trophy, 'NOT' Midna 'AND' Wolf Link, this may seem like a bit of a stretch but remember both Duck Hunt Dog and Toon Link are visually distinct from their NPC counterparts as well. If Midna was paired with Wolf Link it really wouldn't be too much of a big deal if Midna's assist trophy appeared as they both would work differently on the field anyways (also see my NPC thread arguments)...and two...this is a big situational IF btw...

a possible Twilight Princess remake...

WARNING: RUMOURS AND THEORIES AHEAD!!!!

Majora's Mask 3D was just released a couple months ago and already people are buzzing with the possibility of a new Zelda remake in the works...even with a leaked image of a Twilight Princess 3D on the 3DS, it seems everything is looking up for the popular title in the future...except...the leaked image was a fake....well then, I guess a remake's not happening...

Or is it?

Aonuma has made two statements reinforcing the possibility for a Twilight Princess remake; first, he has confirmed that he has indeed experimented with Twilight Princess with HD graphics (remember the demo at E3 a few years back?), and two other games being both Wind Waker and Skyward Sword with the intent to find a good graphical style for Zelda Wii U (he liked Wind Waker's HD look so much that it prompted him to release the Wii U HD remake for it)...that said he has already done some work on Twilight Princess when it comes to HD graphics quality; Second, Aonuma has not ruled out the possibility of releasing a Twilight Princess remake in the future, he said there is a distinct possibility of it happening, however he has also stated that he is focusing 100% on Zelda U for the time being...he said he doesn't quite have the necessary 'bandwidth' currently to do both...
So with all that are we going to get a Twilight Princess remake? If you ask me I will say confidently, yes! Zelda is Nintendo's top three franchise, and for the past (I lost count how many) years there has been at least one Zelda game released every year (with a remake of some kind seeimingly every other year), this year we already got Majora's Mask, with A Link Between Worlds being last year's release and with the new Zelda U slated for a 2016 release (after the heart breaking delay announcement :urg:) It is likely that a Twilight Princess remake (the most logical next game in line for a remake) will be a possible 2017 release, and I am quite confident that it is going to happen once Aonuma is finished with Zelda U. Once that is finished and out of the way, he can focus on finalizing whatever work he's already done with Twilight Princess to get it ready for 2017...As a remake for an existing game there is a lot less work involved as it is mainly updating graphics and possibly tweaking some gameplay here and there...

Now that's all fine and dandy but there's another problem that I'm sure several people who are reading this are willing to address, are we still going to get character DLC for Smash in 2017? Well, hard to say for sure, Sakurai did say he was planning a lot of stuff and was hoping DLC would keep the game alive for a few years after it's initial release, so it may very well be likely that we will indeed continue to gain character DLC even in 2017...now with all that said if we are getting a Twilight Princess remake (which I think we will), AND if we are going to still be receiving DLC by the time it is released (which I also think has a fair chance) then Midna (and Wolf Link)'s chances definitely do go up a bit...Does it not make sense to promote this game with one of the most notable features of teh game as a playable character?

Well we don't know if using DLC to promote upcoming games is still a possibility. I mean Twilight Princess as a remake could easily sell itself without any Smash promotion as is the case for other Zelda remakes. Then again the game could be promotional for M&WL DLC as well, having both come out at similar times just makes things very convenient for both in terms of marketing. M&WL will sell if they become DLC especially if a remake is incoming. It is possible that if it's about promoting a game their support in the ballot, or lack thereof, may not matter...

END OF RUMOURS AND THEORIES!

However with ALL that said, we still don't know if Sakurai's going to consider the pair separate enough from Midna's assist trophy (or if it even matters), or if he's going to release a DLC character as promotion for any game's release, or if we will still get smash DLC in 2017, or even if a Twilight Princess remake is indeed going to happen...There's also the factor that they may not get as much ballot support because of people accepting a made up unconfirmed 'rule', which doesn't bode well either...and then there's Impa (and possibly Tetra) being a more likely candidate for a new Zelda representative...But taking everything else I said into consideration, don't be so quick to fully discredit Midna(and Wolf Link)'s chances...
Midna is an Assist Trophy? sure, her support may be behind but no reason why an AT can't be playable as well, as we discussed in the NPC's topic...
Wolf Link is another Link? As I said Sakurai may not care how many of one character is in the game as long as they have something to offer...Wolf Link is much more unique than other characters bearing the same title, and can also bring something new to the table...

Previously I was going to rate their chances a lot lower but then I reminded myself of the possible Twilight Princess remake which, to me at least, improved their chances a fair bit. They still got a reasonably large mountain to climb with all of the previously mentioned 'IFs' (they actually have no problem climbing if you've played the game), but overall it has me feeling a bit more optimistic...If all the variable fall into place they could happen...

...or they could not...

----

Want: 10,000% 100%
Can I make it anymore obvious? Now first off...let me get this out of the way...people might start pointing fingers and ask 'didn't you not want Paper Mario for being a third Mario? Wouldn't that make you a hypocrite for wanting a third Link? Or do you have a bigger bias towards having a third Link over a third mario?'

Let me be very blunt with you...I couldn't give two sh*ts about Wolf Link...

Don't get me wrong, he's a wolf (one of my favourite animals), and he's Link (arguably one of my favourite video game characters of all time), and he's awesome (he is...); but on his own he definitely, DEFINITELY, should not be in Smash as a stand alone character..."Midna" is the real focus here...I don't care if she's working solo, or if she's paired with Wolf Link, or if she's going to be fighting in her gorgeous true form :love:... I just want Midna as a playable character in Smash, when she was announced as an Assist I felt like someone gutted me, ripped out my heart stuffed it down my throat made me choke on my own blood as I died a slow and painful death (sorry recently watched some Mortal Combat Gameplay on YouTube, still fresh in my mind)...BUT...with the fighter ballot came a glimmer of hope...

If I had to choose between the three mentioned possibilities for Midna's inclusion into Smash, I would have her paired with Wolf Link for the simple fact that, A) it's more unique (sure we got Duck Hunt but M&WL's play style will be a lot different to DH's campy projectile game)...and B) it better represents their given roles within Twilight Princess, and better emphasises the companion's bond that is shared with Link as a character within the series...

----

Prediction: 17.1%
Ray
I have no idea...been seeing his name pop up here and there but not in any KKR like droves or anything...

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
aka. NOT a Third Samus!

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Midna & Wolf Link
Chance:
0%

1. Wolf Link isn't really demanded. Even then, Wolf Link is just a one-off thing.
2. Midna is already an Assist Trophy.
Maybe Twili Midna can stand more of a chance?

I am going to share my sentiments with @KingBro1.
I think that Twilight Princess was a pretty solid game and it honestly got me into the Zelda series. Despite this, I wasn't a fan of Wolf Link. I thought the idea was interesting, but I don't think that it was fully explored and his combat was very, very limited.
And... well... if I wanted a wolf in Smash, it would be Amaterasu. It's just a shame that she and Phoenix Wright are owned by Capcom...

Ray Prediction: 15.82%
Might see some good scores for dodging the AT bullet.

Nominations: Ryu 5x

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
wolf link and midna

Chance 1%
midna's an assist trophy and the twilight link is already there I don't think they do a "remove assist trophy character so it can be playable type deals thats just too much wishful thinking.

Want 3%
I played the LoZTP I got to be honest wolf link was not all that fun compared to him when he is human :/ sure you got the jump from enemy to enemy attack but just plain lunges :/ sure midna can also use her hand but In the LoZ universe it's kind of average

Nomination
ninten x5

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Speaking of TP, it already has enough representation. 4/5 of the characters use their TP design (one of which didn't even appear in TP) and it already has a stage. Wolf Link is easily the worst transformation in the entire series and could easily be replaced by a couple of items (Lens of truth, digging mitts, Rocs Feather), combat as Wolf Link sucks and there is basically no reason to use it unless needed for those things mentioned above. And being a Wolf is so Random, Wolves have never had any significance in the series. And Midna is overrated, she takes up way too much screen time, and she uses Link for no reason, and then when does become a friend, does very little to help, even though she can snap chains warp out of buildings and go through walls. She's still an alright character but is incredibly overrated and is fine as just an assist trophy.
So much ignorance in this post...
1. Reps don't matter!!! You're also under the assumption that because they are in their TP attire means they represent 'only' Twilight Princess and not the rest of the series...
2. Assuming Wolf Link fights on his own yes, but remember Midna has a lot of combat potential as well...they are supposed to be a tag team afterall
3. so the use of any animal within the game means it has to have significance within the rest of the series, ok...
4. Title character takes up too much screen time, ok...
5. Midna uses Link to save her people, her intents initially were selfish as the fate of other races were a non-issue to her, but she still had a good reason for her actions
6. Does very little to help? dafuq? Have you even played the game?

I'm not hating on your opinion but you need to get your facts straight....

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
To compare with my other ratings. I'm of the opinion that Nintendo will milk the DLC hype train for as much cash as they can, and recent events have only strengthened that notion. As such, I expect plenty of DLC characters.

:roypm: Chance: 100%

:wolf: Chance: 99%

DLC Alts Chance: 95%

King K. Rool Chance 80%
Want: 75%

Bandanna Dee Chance: 70%
Want: 95%

NPC DLC Character Chance: 65%

Isaac Chance: 65%
Want: 85%

Captain Toad Chance: 58%
Want: 90%

Paper Mario Chance: 55%

:popo: Chance: 50%
Want: 80%

Inkling Chance: 50%
Want: 20%

Rayman Chance: 40%

:snake: Chance: 40%
Want: 60%

Dixie Chances: 39%
Want: 49%

Sceptile: 25%

Impa Chance: 25%

Banjo Chance: 20%

Krystal Chance: 15%

Quote Chance: 10%
Want: 95%

Chorus Kids Chance: 10%
Want: 40%

Ridley Chance: 5%

Shantae Chance: 5%
Want: 15%

Shovel Knight Chance: 3%
Want: 70%

Magolor Chance: 1%
Want: 20%

Henry Fleming Chance: 1%
Want: 5%

Midna and Wolf Link Chance: 1%

I could honesty post what I said about Magolor here, except this character is even less important to their respective series and has even more competition that is requested to be in Smash.

If any Zelda AT gets promoted, I think it would be Tingle. But unless Midna is making a grand reappearance in the next Zelda game, there's no reason to add her in as DLC. She's not highly requested, and there's no reason to add her for promotional purposes. Nothing is in her favor to make it as DLC.

Like Magolor, there are multiple characters I'd want in before Wolf Link and Midna. In addition to that, I'm not really a fan of the idea. I'd rather have Impa or Ganon, even Tingle. And I dislike Tingle!

Ray Predictions: 13%

Noms: Pichu x5

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Midna + Wolf Link
Same as I always give these characters.

I liked how Midna played in Hyrule Warriors, and Twilight Princess is my favourite Zelda game. Wouldn't be my first choice of DLC character though.

Prediction for Ray: 7.16%

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Just going to point out that R.O.B. was in Star fox, Kirby's dreamland 3, Pikmin 2, Gyromite, and Mario Kart DS, that surely doesn't equal one game. (Unless you meant as a titular character, then yes you'd be correctomundo). Sorry if it may come out as being rude but I just want to make sure no misinformation is spread :colorful:.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Midna and Wolf Link
If the Midna and Link part of this character were gone, the chance would be much higher.
Want: 5%
I haven't played Twilight Princess yet...:crying: I also think we have enough Links.
Prediction: Ray 50%
Nominations: BB bandit trio X5.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You know what's a shame? We missed the full moon by less than a week.

...Well, even though that isn't how this version of Link transforms in the first place. Come on, work with me here. >_>

--

Wolf Link & Midna

Chance: 4%
Let's be honest here. The fact that Midna's an Assist Trophy? It hurts them big time. We've seen no indication that the developers would recode the game so that a character could go from summon to playable, even if that character is only one half of a duo. With so many other compelling options that wouldn't involve having to alter other parts of the games, it seems doubtful. Further still, if the option became available, there are other summon characters with larger bandwagons bound to roll out faster and more vocally.

It's not only that, even. These two don't have a whole lot of support in the Ballot, either. Whereas Ridley is still getting votes in an attempt to either demand Sakurai put him in despite already being a stage element or change his mind about Ridley in time for Smash 5, or where Waluigi and (to an extent) Dark Samus have smaller but zealous followings, Midna...is mostly getting passed on. In order to have any significant chance beyond, say, 1-in-25 (which is pretty damn low, all things considered), their support would need to take off like Link riding a Spinner track. I dunno what could even create that short of a Twilight Princess remake.

Or there's a different option...but one that wouldn't work all that well. If Midna is stuck as an AT, could Wolf Link work on his own? Considering most of his abilities in that form in Twilight Princess came from Midna...his moveset potential would be pretty lacking without her.

With Midna stuck in a non-playable role and with no pack to back them up even despite Midna being the most liked of any of Link's companions, these two seem pretty much stuck unless something completely unexpected happens.

Want: 77.5%
...Which sucks, considering just how interesting these two could be working together. They could give the roster its first "rider" character, combining bestial ferocity with the strange magic of the Twili. Being, technically, a third Link wouldn't even matter when this Link can shapeshift and brings a completely different fighting style than the two we currently have.

Their specials would even work surprisingly well! The held "ring of destruction" attack for a neutral special? A jump attack for a side special that can latch onto an enemy in their path like in Twilight Princess and maul them as the player mashes buttons? Warp gate magic similar to the ones created over the course of the game? Sense-based powers? Or how about that thing Midna turns into with the help of the Fused Shadows?

They could be an incredible addition to the roster. It's just a shame Midna got picked for a different role too early...

Ray Prediction: 14.75%
Like Isaac, a Brawl assist who was suspiciously absent this time around. Unlike Isaac, there's not as huge of a support base and the series doesn't have new content in Smash 4 to use as momentum.

Nominations: Alpha-Form Stages x5
If Sakurai says new modes are a possibility, could a future free update bring us additional versions of each stage that are modeled after Battlefield?

...You know...I wonder if things would've been different if the Wii was capable of DLC. Could Wolf Link and/or Midna have made it into Brawl that way?

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wolf Link and Midna Chance: 3%
If one were to use Hyrule Warriors Midna as a base for moveset potential, it's there.
One downside is that Midna already has an active role in the game as an Assist Trophy, which might hurt their chances.
Want: 25%
Interesting concept, but I think there are higher priority Zelda characters that may stand in Wolf Link and Midna's way.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wolf Link and Midna

Chance: 1%

Assist status pretty much deconfirms them.

Want: 1%

I guess i'm in the minority that thinks TP is a rather overrated game and one of the weaker 3D Zelda titles overall (OoT, MM, and WW are better than it IMO. SS in some ways as well). I also wasn't really fond of Midna in the game as well really.

Also, Zelda reps are better when they have more outreach on the series as a whole as opposed to one particular game. That's why Impa and YLink are better choices because they've been in a lot more games and can represent a broader part of the Zelda franchise.

Predictions
Ray: 50%

Nominations
*Concept: Roy has Awakening attire as default x1
*Concept: De-cloned Roy x4

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:4rob::4duckhunt::popo:retro
:4darkpit::4lucina: clones
:4sheik: tied to zelda and split.
:4robinm: fe has revolving characters

:4lucina::4robinm:*cough* codename STEAM *cough*

When you use 7 counter-examples and only 1 in any way affects the point being countered you probably arent countering it very well. :p
1. It was the point I'm making that having a one game appearance doesn't matter for a character's inclusion...wasn't referring to their reasons for their inclusions for that specific point...
2. I wasn't talking non-canon/cameos in which case, *cough*Hyrule Warriors*cough*...:p
Just going to point out that R.O.B. was in Star fox, Kirby's dreamland 3, Pikmin 2, Gyromite, and Mario Kart DS, that surely doesn't equal one game. (Unless you meant as a titular character, then yes you'd be correctomundo). Sorry if it may come out as being rude but I just want to make sure no misinformation is spread :colorful:.
You might as well add Majora's Mask 3D to that list...;)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Also gonna do a lightning round of previous characters, for my own sake of reference (chance/want in order):

1. K. Rool: 75%/100%
2. Banjo-Kazooie: 10%/70%
3. Isaac: 60%/40%
4. Bandana Dee: 50%/25%
5. Captain Toad: 25%/15%
6. Krystal: 25%/15%
7. Dixie Kong: 50%/50%
8. Impa: 50%/40%
9. Shantae: 15%/40%
10. Inklings: 55%/40%
11. Rayman: 30%/40%
12. Snake: 40%/70%
13. Wolf: 85%/60%
14. Shovel Knight: 20%/40%
15. Quote: 15%/45%
16. Ice Climbers: 10%/35%
17. Sceptile: 20%/50%
18. Wonder Red: 20%/35%
19. Promoted NPCs: 5%/Abstain
20. Henry Fleming: 15%/15%
21: Paper Mario: 30%/20%
22. Roy: 95%/0%
23. Ridley: 5%/80%
24. Chorus Kids: 25%/35%
25. DLC Alternate Costumes: 75%/75%
26. Magalor: 15%/30%

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Let me be very blunt with you...I couldn't give two sh*ts about Wolf Link...

Don't get me wrong, he's a wolf (one of my favourite animals), and he's Link (arguably one of my favourite video game characters of all time), and he's awesome (he is...); but on his own he definitely, DEFINITELY, should not be in Smash as a stand alone character..."Midna" is the real focus here...I don't care if she's working solo, or if she's paired with Wolf Link, or if she's going to be fighting in her gorgeous true form :love:... I just want Midna as a playable character in Smash, when she was announced as an Assist I felt like someone gutted me, ripped out my heart stuffed it down my throat made me choke on my own blood as I died a slow and painful death (sorry recently watched some Mortal Combat Gameplay on YouTube, still fresh in my mind)...BUT...with the fighter ballot came a glimmer of hope...
Finally someone gets it. Midna and Wolf Link would be all about Midna, so people need to stop complaining that this would be a third Link. NO ONE who wants Midna and Wolf Link care about Wolf Link. Midna would just work better with a wolf to ride on. We could care less that the wolf happens to be Link.

Top Bottom