• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ma-go-lore? May-go-lore? ma-guh-lore? ma-goh-ler? muh-guh-lur?....i'm only kidding please don't hurt me...

Magolor

----

Chance: 8%

Haven't played any of the more recent Kirby titles so a bit of research was conducted, unlike other characters I was unfamiliar with at least I did a fair amount of research to get more familiarized with this character and his potential moveset.
He's played a major role in Return to Dreamland, where he is the main antagonist of the game, he's also had minor appearances and cameos in later games of the series but none as significant as in Return To Dreamland.
His popularity doesn't quite live up to Bandana Dee who's easily become the fourth wheel of the Kirby series, and it is likely if we get a fourth Kirby rep Bandana has a bit more priorty due to his more prominent roles within the games as a whole...not too mention the fact that the Waddle Dee is taking a lot of support as the fourth Kirby rep (I don't even remember seeing anyone nominate Magolor)
However with that said, Magolor would fill the (almost) villain role similarily to that of King Dedede and Wario, plus he's got quite a lot to work with in terms of a fighter's moveset almost playing like a mage in some ways which makes him quite unique amoung fighters, with an obvious Final Smash being Magolor Soul.
With a trophy already implemented into the game, he's definitely on Sakurai's radar, but whether or not Sakurai will favour him over Bandana Dee in terms of a new Kirby character, is still up in the air...
Bandana Dee has been apart of the series for a lot longer, but if Magolor plays another prominent role in a future game I could see this happening...but for DLC chances are somewhat low...

----

Want: 65%

Name butchering aside, Magolor's got a really cool design (hence why research why I was more into doing research), even in his Master Crown and Soul forms...And his moveset potential looks really solid, I'd probably prefer Magolor over Bandana Dee simply because he's a more interesting character to me, not to mention he's played a major villain in Return To Dreamland so he still has a prominent role within the franchise to some extent....and I'm down for another villain character...

----

Prediction: 6.1%
Midna & Wolf Link
Excited for this one! You have no idea!! Midna's role as an Assist Trophy will deifinitely hurt her chances, but I personally think that she (or they) still have a decent shot...reasoning for which I will explain on that day...

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
Well mission accomplished for Midna, now Dark Samus has some catching up to do!!!

----
@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice don't know what to tell you about the Ipad, thought it is still possible to select by tapping and holding but here's the links so it's easier...
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/350246RTCDLCTop10chances1.png
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/185790RTCDLCTop10want1.png

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Magolor - The Kirby Character who isn't Bandana Dee

Chance: 10% - Unless they want to add another villain, I don't see much of a reason they would add Magolor over Bandana Dee. Heck, even if they did want a villain, Bandana Dee's alignment is typically left vague, so he could fill the niche of both protagonist and antagonist, and with more games under his belt, Magolor doesn't have as much of a chance.

Want: 20% - Eh, I suppose he could be unique, but so could Bandana Dee, the first ever spear user for Smash. That said, I'd also feel a little miffed that Bandana Dee, an arguably more important character, was discarded for a one time (with a few cameo's) villain. But again, at least he'd be unique.

Prediction: 11% - Midna and Wolf Link... uh, isn't Midna already an Assist Trophy, and doesn't Link already have two forms in the game? When we rated Paper Mario, some people saw having three as one character as taboo. Is this going to be different because it's Link? I just don't think so.

Nominations:
Just one. I'm only breaking away from my other two to give this one a kick start. Seriously, how has this character not been nominated?
Meowth X5 :052:
Yep, Meowth, that's right. Already a pokeball Pokemon you say? Well, maybe instead for a playable Meowth they could give it more... personality.;)
Only nominating him because I remember he was considered for the 64 era... and let's be honest, he's a pretty memorable Pokemon.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Magolor change :5%
He has a trophy and was a boss in RTDL.But Bandanna Dee beats him out in literally everything.So yeah

Magolor want:15%

More post sakurai Kirby stuff is always welcome but I feel magolor isn't needed to fill the role

Midna and wolf link prediction

Change:5%
Want: 33%

Slippy x5(trying to make this happen before squrtile)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Magolor - 3%

Kirby characters are always an interesting subject. We already have the Kirby Trifecta with Kirby himself, King Dedede, the most significant characters throughout the Kirby series. As a result, the chance of us getting a fourth Kirby character, has always, in my opinion, been a bit....rough, so to speak.

I think most agree that the next in line for a Kirby character, if we do get one, is Bandana Waddle Dee. Not only has he been around for a bit longer than Magolor, but since Return to Dreamland he's been making more and more appearances in the Kirby series as an additional hero (and playable character) or a sidekick at the very least. Both he and Magolor rose up in popularity in the Kirby fanbase very quickly, but when it comes to Smash, support for Bandana Waddle Dee has been relatively large and quite vocal, whereas Magolor's supporters seem to be much smaller in number and naturally, less vocal as well.

To my knowledge Bandana Waddle Dee's already risen up relatively high on the ballot, which will at least put him on Sakurai's rader if he wasn't already. On the other hand, I don't think Magolor has even made a dent in it. And with the ballot's mere existence, popularity has become a much greater factor.

Ultimately if we get another Kirby character at all, I think it'd be safe to bet on it being Bandana Waddle Dee. While Magolor may be a little bit more popular of a candidate compared to numerous other Kirby characters, he still doesn't have nearly enough going for him when compared to the Waddle Dee that dons a blue bandana.

Want - 55%

Mostly indifferent, I guess. There are some things that could make him an enjoyable character to play, I suppose.

Nominate: Tetra x5

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Magolor 3%
Want 81%

Midna and Wolf Link 5%

I'm becoming more and more lazy with this posts :p

Daisy x 5

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
"High-Five!" Magolor "Low-Five!"

Chance: 23%
Not very likely, but he was possibly hinted at in the Mewtwo direct (Lor starcutter trophy right before Mewtwo Trophy, and Miiverse pic of him). His chances are also pretty low due to the Good ol' Dee. While the Kirby fan base loves him to death, anyone outside the fan base wouldn't recognize him. He was the main antagonist of Return to Dreamland, has a massive amount of references to him in recent games, and the secondary protagonist in Dream collection, but he simply just isn't recognizable enough outside the Kirby fan base. He could have been great, tis a shame.

Want: 1000000000000000000% (100%)
He's my number one most wanted character right now, he's got awesome moveset potential (portals and magic tricks 4 life), would be a appropriate rep for Kirby, and is arguably the most manipulative character in the series. As much as I want my second favorite Kirby character in the game, he probably won't make it in 4. Could be a frontrunner in 5 though, if HAL continues to push him.

Midna and Wolf Link: 3% chance 30% want

Nominations: x 5 Dark Matter (Kirby)

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Magolor

Chance: 10%
Another Kirby character would seem to be a highly rated character, but Mag's got nothing special going for him. He's only got one (okay, two, but the second is just a compilation) big appearances under his belt. Other than that, he's not really known outside of the Kirby fanbase, and is certainly behind Bandana Dee.​

Want: 0%
See my ratings for Dee...too many other characters I'd want in first.​

Predictions: Midna
Chance: 5.3%, Want: 39.2%​

Nomination:
:squirtle:x5

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Magolor
chance: 0%
Magolor isn't relevant anymore, Bandana dee has the votes, Sakurai doesn't have a kirby bias anymore, He is trophy status, Queen Sectonia is more likely... Even Taranza is more likely.

Want: 7%
I didn't play the game he appeared in.

Prediction Midna & Wolf Link: 26.32%

Nominations
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x3
Elma (Xenoblade) x2

(You seem to have edited out the number of Slippy toads votes)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Magolor

Chance: 5%

Since Sakurai is extremely biased towards the "glory days of Kirby", I just don't Sakurai even picking someone like him. Don't get me wrong, we all know that he's part of what made Return to Dreamland good and he's a recent fan favorite unlike other post-Sakurai or Shimomura creations. Despite this, he's not going to get much support in the ballot since his fandom isn't vocal and the Bandanna Dee's larger support stomps him entirely.

Want: 20%

*Activates Flame Shield* To be honest, he's still nowhere near as memorable nor villainous as Dark Matter. As someone who enjoyed Return to Dreamland, he had just feel under my radar just like any other villain that isn't named Marx or Zero. The only thing I do remember of him however is C.R.O.W.N.E.D. since it's one of the more better aspects of him.

Prediction: Midna + Wolf Link - 8%

Love the idea, but realistically it will fall flatter than a dying ChuChu since AT support in the ballet is abstain at best.

Nomination: Princess Daisy x5

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
"High-Five!" Magolor "Low-Five!"

Chance: 23%
Not very likely, but he was hinted at in the Mewtwo direct (Lor starcutter trophy right before Mewtwo Trophy, and Miiverse pic of him). His chances are also pretty low due to the Good ol' Dee. While the Kirby fan base loves him to death, anyone outside the fan base wouldn't recognize him. He was the main antagonist of Return to Dreamland, has a massive amount of references to him in recent games, and the secondary protagonist in Dream collection, but he simply just isn't recognizable enough outside the Kirby fan base. He could have been great, tis a shame.

Want: 1000000000000000000% (100%)
He's my number one most wanted character right now, he's got awesome moveset potential (portals and magic tricks 4 life), would be a appropriate rep for Kirby, and is arguably the most manipulative character in the series. As much as I want my second favorite Kirby character in the game, he probably won't make it in 4. Could be a frontrunner in 5 though, if HAL continues to push him.

Midna and Wolf Link: 3% chance 30% want

Nominations: x 5 Dark Matter (Kirby)

Also, I'm surprised that anyone has nominated Dark Matter before
Magolor
chance: 0%
Magolor isn't relevant anymore, Bandana dee has the votes, Sakurai doesn't have a kirby bias anymore, He is trophy status, Queen Sectonia is more likely... Even Taranza is more likely.

Want: 7%
I didn't play the game he appeared in.

Prediction Midna & Wolf Link: 26.32%

Nominations
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) x3
Elma (Xenoblade) x2

(You seem to have edited out the number of Slippy toads votes)
Queen Sectonia?
Taranza?
The first one died like 5 times
And Taranza is too new to be considered
Magolor is still making appearences in recent kirby games to this day
He is the most likely kirby newcomer after Bandana Dee
Also having a trophy doesn't affects a character's chances :p

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Nominate rob eyes glitch fix x5

EDIT: I was in a rush so I wanted to do the nominations quickly but here are my rates

Magolor
He has appeared in a couple games since his debut as minor roles but Bandana Dee has done much more

His better then some kirby choises I see go around such as the incredibly overrated Adeleine, and I love the kirby series. But Bandana Dee is better, and I also would like to see Daroach a bit more.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
What is the most recent Kirby game he has appeared in?
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe

Also a keychain and a cameo in Triple Deluxe just like Meta Knight
And Meta Knight is a main character :p
Right from Miiverse

This time, director Kumazaki will talk about the Secret Bonus Level in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. "Hello. Today, I would like to talk about the music and a special guest character in the Secret Bonus Level of Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. "The REAL final level is the Secret Bonus Level, and it is unlocked after getting Gold medals for all levels. It's the hardest stage of them all! It is fast-paced, long, and filled with many traps; I hope you'll try your best to reach the goal far off into the distance. "The Secret Bonus Level features a song called C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Reprise), an arranged version of the song C-R-O-W-N-E-D from the Normal Bonus Level. This song also plays during the final battle of Kirby's Return to Dream Land and is packed with phrases from a variety of songs. "When we gave this song a title, we wanted to state what it represented, so we took the first letter from all the level names and connected them together for the song title, C-R-O-W-N-E-D. In connection with this song, we've included a guest character named Magolor as a stage obstacle. "Since Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Magolor has gained a talent for constructing theme parks and attractions. The motif of Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe is also a theme park, so this was actually a project Magolor worked on! It makes sense to feature him as a guest character. "Magolor's whereabouts are uncertain after Kirby's Return to Dream Land, but he seems pretty lively here. After roaming around the dimension beyond space and time, he might've found an exit. When Kirby and his friends returned home, maybe Magolor traveled around building theme parks in different worlds. "I hope you'll look for Magolor as he interferes with your level with a malicious grin on his face!"

Magolor is here too!

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Magolor
Chance 11%
he would make it as a 5th character but I think Bandana Dee would most likely get the 4th kirby rep spot if we get any.

Want 25%
I just really want a kirby rep but my first priority is Bandana Dee

Nomination
Ninten x5

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe

Also a keychain and a cameo in Triple Deluxe just like Meta Knight
And Meta Knight is a main character :p
Right from Miiverse

This time, director Kumazaki will talk about the Secret Bonus Level in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. "Hello. Today, I would like to talk about the music and a special guest character in the Secret Bonus Level of Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. "The REAL final level is the Secret Bonus Level, and it is unlocked after getting Gold medals for all levels. It's the hardest stage of them all! It is fast-paced, long, and filled with many traps; I hope you'll try your best to reach the goal far off into the distance. "The Secret Bonus Level features a song called C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Reprise), an arranged version of the song C-R-O-W-N-E-D from the Normal Bonus Level. This song also plays during the final battle of Kirby's Return to Dream Land and is packed with phrases from a variety of songs. "When we gave this song a title, we wanted to state what it represented, so we took the first letter from all the level names and connected them together for the song title, C-R-O-W-N-E-D. In connection with this song, we've included a guest character named Magolor as a stage obstacle. "Since Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Magolor has gained a talent for constructing theme parks and attractions. The motif of Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe is also a theme park, so this was actually a project Magolor worked on! It makes sense to feature him as a guest character. "Magolor's whereabouts are uncertain after Kirby's Return to Dream Land, but he seems pretty lively here. After roaming around the dimension beyond space and time, he might've found an exit. When Kirby and his friends returned home, maybe Magolor traveled around building theme parks in different worlds. "I hope you'll look for Magolor as he interferes with your level with a malicious grin on his face!"

Magolor is here too!
I am looking at the character roaster right now... I can not point out any side character besides Ike (If you want to consider him a side character) who has less of a role in the second or third game after that.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I am looking at the character roaster right now... I can not point out any side character besides Ike (If you want to consider him a side character) who has less of a role in the second or third game.
I love the character ROASTER too btw ;)
But when I look at it, I see Rosalina and Dark Pit :p
Also Magolor started as a Rosalina-like character who then became evil and then became good (?)
He also appeared as the final boss :drohyou:
I just thought that giving him 0% was just stupid
Do you really think that Magolor WON'T appear playable NEVER?
He is still a recurrent character in the Kirby series
He has a chance :happysheep:

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Magolor - 0.25%
Want - 0%
Both because I'm a jerk who thinks that if Kirby gets a fourth character, it will be the only one I've ever seen requested anywhere. Also, Magolor isn't a highly significant character. <3 u tho :4kirby: series.

nominate Crono x5

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Magolor
Chance: 3%
Bandana Dee seems to be the more popular Kirby request, and Magolor is from a Kirby game released after Sakurai left the series (not sure if this applies to Bandana Dee).

Haven't played the game he appears in, and so I have no reason to want him. (not abstaining, because, unlike Henry Fleming, the game is actually out here)

Prediction for Midna + Wolf Link: 16.22%

Nominations: Phoenix Wright x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Magolor...
So here's a collection of past evaluations:
Toggle Spoiler
K.Rool Chance: 87% Want: 100
Banjo & Kazooie Chance: 3% Want: 14%
Isaac Chance: 70% Want: 90%
Bandanna Dee Chance: 42% Want: 50%
Captain Toad: Abstained chance and want
Krystal Chance: 36% Want: 71%
Dixie Kong Chance: 40% Want: 43%
Impa Chance: 35% Want 79%
Shantae Chance: 10% Want 54%
Inklings Chance: 31% Want: 51%
Rayman Chance: 61% Want 89%
Snake Chance: 35% Want: 50%
Wolf Chance: 98% Want: 100%
Shovel Knight Chance: 13% Want 65%
Quote Chance 8% Want: 4%
Ice Climbers Chance: 25% Want: 40%
Sceptile: Chance: 12.60 Want: 52%
Wonder Red Chance: 18% Want: 78%
Promoted NPCs Chance: 13% Want: 30%
Henry Fleming Chance: 13.20 Want: 57%
Paper Mario Chances: 14% Want: 8%
Roy Chance: 98% Want 100%
Ridley Chance: 5% Want 75%
Chorus Men Chance: 9% Want: 45%
DLC Costumes: Chance 80% Want: 100%
Magolor Chance: 7% Want: 46%
Chance: 7%
Magolor would need quite a lot of vocal support to warrant a spot in the roster, and his main competition is Bandanna Dee, who's got both history with the series and appearances in a number of Kirby games while Magolor was pivotal to Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dream Land and a few cameos every now and then. But he's well loved as a Kirby character.

Want 46%
I'm mostly neutral on Magolor, since I think he may be a more a walking spoiler than Sheik or some of the Face Trophies like Bronze Face/Xord. He might not be my first pick for a new Kirby character or a new Kirby villain like Marx or 02, but I wouldn't mind if he got included.

:wolf:,:link2:& Midna...& Knuckles :p
In all seriousness: chances around 14%

Nominations:
Marx X2
Ghirahim X2
Black Shadow X1

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
MAGOLOR
Chance: 0%

I think the Kirby series is perfectly repped for the most part. If anything, Bandana Dee is the next Kirby rep. Since I haven't played a Kirby game in a long while, I don't have any attachment to Magolor.

WOLF LINK + MIDNA
Prediction: 6.5%

NOMINATION
Elma x5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
To compare with my other ratings. I'm of the opinion that Nintendo will milk the DLC hype train for as much cash as they can, and recent events have only strengthened that notion. As such, I expect plenty of DLC characters.

:roypm: Chance: 100%
Want: 100%

:wolf: Chance: 99%

DLC Alts Chance: 95%

King K. Rool Chance 80%
Want: 75%

Bandanna Dee Chance: 70%
Want: 95%

NPC DLC Character Chance: 65%

Isaac Chance: 65%
Want: 85%

Captain Toad Chance: 58%
Want: 90%

Paper Mario Chance: 55%

:popo: Chance: 50%
Want: 80%

Inkling Chance: 50%

Rayman Chance: 40%

:snake: Chance: 40%
Want: 60%

Dixie Chances: 39%
Want: 49%

Sceptile: 25%

Impa Chance: 25%
Want: 60%

Banjo Chance: 20%

Krystal Chance: 15%

Quote Chance: 10%
Want: 95%

Chorus Kids Chance: 10%
Want: 40%

Ridley Chance: 5%

Shantae Chance: 5%
Want: 15%

Shovel Knight Chance: 3%
Want: 70%

Henry Fleming Chance: 1%
Want: 5%

Magolor? So we've started getting to these characters, huh?

Chance: 1%

If I did decimal ratings he'd be lower. He's not doing even remotely well on the ballot, very few people supporting him in general, Bandanna Dee outclasses him in literally every way, wasn't created by Sakurai, and he has had very little impact on the Kirby series. I don't even think Magolor would be the 5th or 6th Kirby character added, let alone the 4th. There's no reason too, unless Sakurai sees some sort of unique potential in Magolor that he can't get from any other character he can come up with.

I like Magolor, he could be fun to play as. But there are so many more other characters that should get in before him it's not even funny.

Wolf Link and Midna Predictions: 6%

Noms: Pichu x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Magolor
Chance:10%
Whats so special about him?
Want:0%
If Kirby gets another rep, I want Escargoon.
Prediction: Midna and Wolf Link 10%

Nomination: BB bandit trio X5

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
MAGOLOR
Chance: 15%
- Meh
- Meh

Prediction: Midna and Wolf Link - 30%
Note: My prediction does not reflect my opinion

Nominations: Ray x5
Custom Robos are cool

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

K. Rool
Day missed. Absent.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: 9%, Want: 85%

Isaac
Chance: 55%, Want: 75%

Bandana Dee
Chance: 40%, Want: 100%

Captain Toad
Chance: 45%, Want: 100%

Krystal
Chance: 25%, Want: 50%

Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%, Want: 100%

Impa
Chance: 28%, Want: 100%

Shantae
Chance: 1%, Want: 5%

Inklings
Chance: 62%, Want: 70%

Rayman
Chance: 33%, Want: 90%

:snake:
Day missed. Whoops.

:wolf:
Chance: 100%, Want: 80%

Shovel Knight
Chance: 0.3%, Want: 0%

Chance: 0.5%, Want: 3%

:popo:
Chance: 5%, Want: 10%

Sceptile
Chance: 20%, Want: 55%

Wonder Red
Chance: 15%, Want: 68%

Promoted NPCs
Chance: 25%, Want: 100%

Henry Fleming:
Day missed.

Paper Mario
Chance: 30%, Want: 75%

:roypm:
Chance: 99%, Want: 80%

RIDLEY
Chance: 5%, Want: 48%

Chorus Men
Chance: 9%, Want: 0%

DLC Costumes
Chance: 45%, Want: 50%

Magolor
Chance: 2%

Magolor is small potatoes from what I can tell. A few Geno in Superstar saga sized cameos shouldn't really be enough to open the door for him, especially prior to Bandana Waddle Dee who is appearing everywhere at the moment.

Want: 2%Return to Dreamland was...well honestly, it was one of the only Kirby games I played through to the end. Magolor and Bandana Dee both made major appearances here...and honestly, I can barely remember what Magolor did to make him more special than any other random end of game boss character aside from pretending to be good to get the heroes to do all the work for him.

Overall Magolor didn't really impress me as an end boss and the odd cameo here and there certainly isn't enough to make me consider him a major Kirby character.

Midna and Wolf Link prediction: 6.5%
Hiii Kenith! I don't expect everyone else to be too kind though.

Nominations:
:007:X5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Should've nominated someone better:
Yes.
I went there.

Moveset
I think Magolor has a few shining points where he could outrank Bandana Dee.
For one, he has limitless moveset potential and this might lend to another RosaLuma situation.
While Toad-fans struggled to make a moveset, Sakurai went with the unknown Rosalina.

Because in this game, it all depended on uniqueness. We forgot that?

Magolor is a space mage, he has portals for one.
These portals shoot lasers, spawn enemies and suck in Kirby like a black hole.

In Smash, this could mean that Magolor will spawn a portal and perform all of these actions with it.
A weird cross between Snake's Landmine and Luma.

But these are only the portal moves.
He also juggles apples, has full control over the Super Abilities and can shoot spikes from the ground.

Second, STOP WITH REPS.

Sakurai added Rosalina and we go further.
Nobody expected a Mario newcomer, let alone a second one.

Fastforward to the ESRB leak, where it is revealed not only Sakurai added a Mario newcomer with seven unique pallete swaps, it also showed us the third, Dr. Mario.

And we go further and we are here, dismissing Magolor because of Bandana Dee.
Despite we've got two unique newcomers for one franchise.

But not for just a series, no the series with the biggest amount of reps.

Sakurai
Last but not least, Sakurai bias works here too, if not better than with Bandana Dee.
Bandana Dee has his physical appearance from Super Star's Megaton Punch, but his moveset potential from RTDL.

Magolor is kinda vice versa, because if we look at it, he's kinda a more recent Marx.
And if we're talking about Marx, we could be talking about the character Sakurai is hella biased for.

EDIT: hahaha BD doesn't even have a trophy hhaha.

My second most wanted, behind Captain Toad.
This is because his moveset potential is so much more apparent than with BD.
And that's kinda the reason I support characters, if I see their moveset potential, I support.

Kenith's Thing:
4.1%
I don't believe even Kenith is going to give this an high rating that's not want.

Tetra x5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Magalor Magolor chances: 2.8%
A post-Sakurai Kirby villain. Yeah just that starts to sound bad. He's a one-hit wonder besides a few cameos in games after Return to Dream Land, the game where he was the main antagonist. Plus I doubt he's doing well on the Smash Ballot, especially considering Bandanna Dee seemingly gets much more support... but maybe he will be chosen if Sakurai considers him memorable enough to be a contender for Smash? He did get a trophy over Bandanna Dee after all, but I don't think it means very much.

Magolor want: 36%
I don't deeply care, but I guess having an actual Kirby villain in the roster could be cool.

Wolf Link and Midna prediction: 3.75%
Tomorrow we're rating another seemingly "deconfirmed" character who doesn't even have the luxury to get as much support as Ridley.

Nominating:
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

Edit: @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice here's the link to the top 10 want pic http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/185790RTCDLCTop10want1.png
I'm not putting the link to the top 10 chances since @A10theHero already did it earlier.
Edit 2: nevermind, :4greninja:'d by @ Aetheri Aetheri

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
His better then some kirby choises I see go around such as the incredibly overrated Adeleine, and I love the kirby series. But Bandana Dee is better, and I also would like to see Daroach a bit more.
How the hell is Adeleine overrated if at least the 95% of Smash fanbase hates her or doesn't care about her? If anything, she's overhated, as also proved by your post. I don't even try to nominate her because I already know how it would end.

Anyway:
Chances: 20%
He is kinda recurring recently, but his roles are often just cameos in minigames or in minor details of the game (such as the picture in the haunted house). He is mostly an one time villain, and not even the most iconic one, as Nightmare, Dark Matter, Drawcia and Marx are way more important to the series. Though, he is one of the Kirby final boss characters who has the most moveset potential, because he has hands, and he is about Kirby's size (most final bosses have no hands or are hugely big/godlike overpowered).

Well, I woulnd't mind him, but I prefer other characters. Speaking of final bosses, Dark Matter, Daroach, Drawcia, Claycia(& Elline) or Queen Sectonia are all bosses that, aside from their likelihood, I want a lot more than him.
Speaking of Kirby characters in general, I want Adeleine more than anyone else.

Wolf Link & Midna prediction: 5% - there will be some supporters, but most people will say no to another Link character.

Nominate:Karate Joe x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
MAGOLOR:
CHANCE: 5%
WANT: 40%

Well, as it stands now, his chances are pretty much, well, deestroyed due to Bandana Dee's popularity, and I don't think Kirby will get two DLC characters. Doesn't help that Sakurai has a bias against post-Air Ride games.

As for want, he's certainly a cool villain, and my favourite Kirby villain too. He has a lot up his sleeve, but I preferably want Sakurai to bring back Boss Battles and add him there. I want to relive the final moments of KRtDL in Smash too.

WOLF LINK & MIDNA PREDICTION: 2%
Being an Assist Trophy is not helpful, to say the least.

IVYSAUR × 5

:231:

Last edited:
Chance .5%
not bandana dee. Not popular. Not important. I would ho into detail but im in a small rush.

Want 0%
i honestly dont care for the kirby games. Only reason i like dee is because i like spears.

Prediction. 5.5%

Noms
viridi 2
roy has awakening attire as default 2
4th mii class

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Magolor (Kirby)

While Magolor clearly has his fans, I don't feel his support big enough to topple the other big one, Bandana Dee. Ever since his first appearance in RtDL, Magolor has been popping up every now and then in the Kirby games, but mostly as a cameo. His last major appearance was in the game he debuted in, and while it isn't that old(2011), the game was also the one that gave Bandana Dee a fully legit playable appearance and formed the popularity that he has today. Also, Bandana Dee has gotten a pretty important role in a very new game, the Rainbow Paintbrush, which would give him more recency over Magolor.
In the end, it comes down to the fact that Bandana Dee is the only logical rep for a Kirby rep.

Then again, we did get Robin over Chrom, so if Sakurai sees enough potential in Magolor, he might stand a chance...on the other hand, Sakurai dosen't play much of the new Kirby games, so I don't think he even came close to seeing it.

Want:50%
RtDL is my favorite Kirby game(barely topping 64) and I thought Magolor was a pretty cool character in the game, so I wouldn't mind seeing him in the game. But then again, I wouldn't mind it if Bandana Dee was in, heck would care less if Ado got in. I'm pretty happy with the Kirby representation as it is.

Unless Dark Matter, one of my favorite gaming villains of all time got in, I would explode from excitement from that, but I know that ain't happening.

Also, I'm surprised that anyone has nominated Dark Matter before
I've thought about it, but he honestly dosen't have a chance. It's not worth it.
I'll start pushing for him if we get a new Kirby game on E3 that stars Dark Matter as the main villian. Then he might get something other than 1s or 2s on the chance score.

Midna predictions: 5%
I think people are not going to like the idea of a third Link. Just look at Paper Mario.

Nominations:
Ray (Custom Robo) x5
almost there...

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Magolor
Chance: 0.01
Want 0%

Pros:
-First Party

Cons:
-One-off
-Not popular
-Overshadowed by Waddle Dee
-Already have solid Kirby representation
-Not created by Sakurai
-Very forgettable

Nominate: Knuckles (Tingles brother) x 5

Laniv

Smash Champion
Magolor:

Chance: 20%
Ehhhh, I'm just not seeing it. Not enough fan clout to beat Bandanna Dee.

Want: 3%
Again, gotta have that Dee.

Midna/Wolf Link Predictions: 40%

Nominate King Boo x 5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Magolor:

Chances: 10%
Want: 99%

Nominations: Pichu X5

Magolor

Cons:
-One-off
-Not popular
-Overshadowed by Waddle Dee
-Already have solid Kirby representation
-Not created by Sakurai
-Very forgettable
Cons:
-One-off:
Not really.
-Not popular: Popular in Japan.
-Overshadowed by Waddle Dee: And? we can have two Kirby characters if Sakurai wants to add them, reps don't exist.
-Already have solid Kirby representation: Reps don't exist, also just a wrong opinion.
-Not created by Sakurai: I don't see why this is relevant.
-Very forgettable: Opinion again.

MainJPW

M.T.A
MAGOLOR

CHANCE: 17%

Not sure he could get in, doesn't seem to have a whole lot of support.

WANT: 35%
Could be cool, not to mention would be the only playable Kirby villain.

WOLF LINK & MIDNA PREDICTION: 2%
Nah, can't see it.

Nominations:
Ninten x4
Viridi x1

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
@ RobinOnDrugs RobinOnDrugs gets the five extra nominations today.
Yay me! Anyways...

Magolor

He's not a character that I expect to appear as playable, and I don't think a lot of people even know who he is. I see Bandana Dee having higher chances than him.

Not only do I have very little knowledge about him, but I could name at least 10 different characters that I'd prefer more over him. I'd still buy him for completion's sake, but he's unlikely in my book.

PREDICTION: Wolf Link & Midna: 5%

Midna is already an assist trophy. Look at what I said about the chances for promoted NPCs for the answer to that.

Nominations:

Since I have 5 extra nominations...

Tiki (Fire Emblem) 5x
Anna 5x

Last edited:

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Magolor
I don't see any Kirby DLC on the way, but if there were some, I'd guess Bandana Dee rather than Magolor on the power of fan votes alone.

I haven't seen many people really wanting him. The only reason I put the five down is because I like him more than Bandana Dee anyway. I'm not really all that interested in another Kirby character. Like Zelda, all three of the Kirby series main characters are already in the game, and not too many others interest me.

Wolf Link and Midna
Prediction: 10%
I know Midna's popular, but given people's skepticism towards NPCs becoming playable and the fact that she has probably had her only appearance in a main Zelda game for the forseeable future, I expect low scores.

Nominations (Including the bonuses from the Ridley prediction):
Abraham Lincoln (Code Name: STEAM) x1
Concept: Any Star Fox character DLC near Star Fox U release date x9

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Magolor

Chance - 1% - The main problem is Bandanna Dee. Except for arguably move set potential, he is outclassed in just about every aspect by Bandanna Dee: popularity, importance to the series, fan support, etc. Sakurai will almost definitely look at Dee first, and I doubt that Kirby will get a second newcomer afterwords.

Want - 40% - As much as I like him, having any other newcomer other than Bandanna Dee or Dark Matter just feels wrong at this point.

Wolf Link and Minda Prediction - 4.45% - Well, she's an AT, so that's something...

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Top Bottom