• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Magolor
Chance: 7%
I don't think he's nearly as popular as any other Kirby character. That'll be the first thing Sakurai will think of and I'm sure he knows how popular Waddle Dee is.

Want: 0%
Sorry but I'd prefer Bandana Dee before anybody else. He deserves the spot more than any other Kirby character.

Predictions
Midna & Wolf Link:
- Chance: 16% - Want: 29%

Nominations:
Ray x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Time for Ad-Rant-Ure!

Featuring Magolor, the Crowned Mage.
"Bandana Dee will come first"

Bandana Dee has no trophy.
Magolor has.

Sakurai has picked Magolor and dismissed Dee already.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Magolor
Chance:
5%

So... Bandana Dee. I think that Bandana Dee has better chances than Magolor because Bandana Dee is getting larger roles than Magolor. Bandana Dee helped Kirby in Triple Deluxe and was playable in Rainbow Curse when Meta Knight and King Dedede weren't. Magolor, on the other hand, has just been in a few cameos and that's it.
Magolor is popular in Japan, but I haven't seen Magolor fans in full force like Bandana Dee's.
He does have one distinct advantage over the Dee: He has a trophy when Bandana Dee doesn't. Though, this could be meaningless if Roy makes it in.

I'm honestly not a fan of Magolor. When I saw the previews for Returns to Dream Land, I knew that he was going to pull a Marx and backstab Kirby and co. (and I was right)
Also, I want Bandana Dee. I think Magolor will interfere with that if he gets in.
What I do want is C-R-O-W-N-E-D... I was disappointed when this song was MIA.

Wolf Link and Midna Prediction: 4.83%
Hopefuls?

Nominations: Ryu 5x

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Magolor
Chance - 5%
It's literally not happening ever. Sure, he's had some nice came appearances but that's not gonna help him out.

Want - 45%
I want Bandana Dee over him, but if I had the choice I'd add him. He could be a pretty fun character.

Prediction
Midna and Wolf Link - 3%
Midna's an assist trophy and Wolf Link would be kinda redundant... plus there's another "wolf" I'd add over him....

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Magolor:
Chance
: 5%. A Kirby newcomer that isn't Bandana Dee. I'm not a fan of Bandana Dee and think he has a minuscule chance as well, but even then, Bandana Dee does have a lot more in his favor and I highly doubt we're getting more than one Kirby character through DLC, so obviously I'm going to give anyone else than him a much lower rating.

Want: 30%. Not interested. I only will be partial to his inclusion on the grounds he brings C-R-O-W-N-E-D with him.

-------------
Wolf Link & Midna: 5.4%. I'm going to be so mad tomorrow lol
------------
Nominations:
Finally, I don't have to nominate Midna anymore! :awesome:
Jill Valentine x5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Time for Ad-Rant-Ure!

Featuring Magolor, the Crowned Mage.
"Bandana Dee will come first"

Magolor has.

Sweet! That means Rayman's going to get in over Ryu as the 3rd party character after all! :awesome:

Broken logic is broken.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
roy has no trophy. ice climbers do.

sakurai has already dismissed roy.

. . .oh wait :roypm: "soon"
Sweet! That means Rayman's going to get in over Ryu as the 3rd party character after all! :awesome:

Broken logic is broken.
We all know those two didn't get in for being important in their series.

I'm not saying "Count Trophies 2 win", I'm saying that Dee isn't at the top of Sakurai's mind when it comes to Kirby characters and that bias didn't help him.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Second, STOP WITH REPS.

[...]

But not for just a series, no the series with the biggest amount of reps.
Oh, the irony.

Anyways, Kirby efficiando on the scene! I must disclose, I'm a bit more fervent with passion for this day than I have ever been for the previous ones, so don't be alarmed if I come off a bit more contentious. I mean, just look at all of you getting in between my favorite video game series of all time!
Character Chance Ratings

1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Ice Climbers - 30%
11: Captain Toad - 30%
12: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

13: Magolor - 25%
14: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
15: Quote - 21.5%
16: Shovel Knight - 20%
17: Shantae - 20.5%
18: Ridley - 5.5%
-: Midna & Wolf Link - ?.?%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Ridley - 50%
11: Inkling - 30%
12: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

13: Rayman - 25%
14: Quote - 23%

15: Krystal - 20%
15: Dixie Kong - 20%
16: Roy - 10.5%

17: Captain Toad - 5.5%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

- -

Magolor

Chance - 25%: Magolor, surprisingly, has the potential to be one of the stronger Kirby newcomer candidates. As we know, Bandana Dee has support going for him by landslide, which is exacerbated by his growing prominence as the fourth wheel of the main trio. He, along with Bandana Dee & Galacta Knight, have been the three Kumazaki-era characters who have actually maintained appearances along recent games, each with varying importance throughout. Obviously, Bandana Dee has had the most presence being a playable character in Return to Dreamland & Rainbow Curse, with a support role in Triple Deluxe. I highly doubt we'll get another Kirby character if he makes it in, though it could happen.

However, if we are going by the Fighter Ballot, Magolor hasn't even made a splash in any polls and his online presence is dedicated at best. Once again, Bandana Dee is making a surprisingly strong contender, with unverified details claiming Galacta Knight is a moderately strong pick, moreso in Japan.

If Magolor wants to have a more realized chance of being in Smash one day, his appearances and lore consistency (has a bit of a background prior to the events of Return to Dreamland, helps & challenges Kirby in Kirby's Dream Collection, & is stated to have continued his path elsewhere, notably constructing a theme park for Dedede's Drum Dash) need to go beyond minor roles. Like, make him relevant to the plot of a new Kirby game, whether that be on your side, doing his own thing, or playing an antagonist role. Perhaps even make him a secret playable character a la Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World.

Before I go on, I want to acknowledge how prominent this detractor about "post-Sakurai era character" is and how ridiculous I think it sounds. It has never once been stated or alluded that Sakurai has some sort of grudge against his first game series. If anything, he was mad at HAL Labs for making him produce more sequels, so he went off to do some new projects like Meteos and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Now look where he is. Continuing to churn more content for another Smash game out of a labor of love for us, perhaps against his personal ethical code. You can point out all you want about something ridiculous like not getting a 4th Kirby character or not getting a stage based off a recent Kirby game. Yet we have trophies, songs, and even a revamped Final Smash stacking up to the Return to Dreamland legacy on. I challenge anyone who disagrees with me to scour the Internet for any articles, interview, etc., supporting this notion.

Unless this is all based off a portion of fanbase opinions, there also isn't any factors of "unworthiness" any of the post-Sakurai games being predicates for Smash inclusion. Kirby has one of the safest histories out of all Nintendo franchises. Call me a fanboy if you want, but the general reception looks to be very high to decent both critically and fandom-ly. I can't think of ONE game that I absolutely hated, because they're all designed pretty damn well. Yes, I agree that there have been some very lackluster titles (Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, etc.) But none of those games measured bad enough for me to want to purge it from my collection. Let alone recognize it within the series. If anything, this results from more extreme design decisions deviating from the Kirby formula, demand for a traditional Kirby game at the time, or dissonance in tastes.

Oh, and by the way. Think Magolor has an uphill battle against Bandana Dee? Well, turns out he's actually butting heads. And that's all because...

YOU'RE

FORGETTING

SOMEONE!

- -

Want - 87.5%: I'll say it once and I'll say it again. Magolor is just another low-priority 2nd party character that remains a plausible darkhorse character. There are many more characters from other 1st-2nd party franchises I laud more or even casted a vote behind. Yet alone the 3rd parties I think the ballot does a great job signal-boosting.

Although, if it came down to it, I would be giddy to see such an unexpected Kirby character make it through with where we're at in his series. He has that obscure charm to him too. His magic wand blaring, cosmic-aura shooting, drill-dashing, teleporting, & dimensional rift-tearing abilities would provide a nice contrast of the light, dark, & elemental magic users in Smash we're used to. Cosmic energy, son! Besides that, some artistic licenses could be drawn from using enchanted gears (reminiscent of the collectables you need to power the Lor Starcutter in Return to Dreamland) or even the Sphere Doomers.

Top it all off with a Final Smash that has him wear the Master Crown to transform One Winged Angel-style to unleash all the destructive powers of that form briefly? Maybe with a finisher having him pull off devastating Super Ability attacks in his final form? Hmmm, now that I think about it, the final boss Cosmic Horror archetype is so quintessential to the Kirby series, you'd think it would be logical to have a playable character espouse it.

I received Magolor's character well in Return to Dreamland as well. He's been the most effective Kirby villain in years, perhaps behind Dark Matter. He's tied right into the plot from the start, presenting himself as an innocent bystander who begs for the aid of Kirby and his humble companions. He counts on you for collecting all the gears for the wrecked Lor Starcutter, even unlocking parts of the ships for you to use the more gears returned. Even some fun sub-games and Copy Ability challenge & test rooms. This connection allows you to build a relationship to him, where he provides you all these gracious rewards (and perhaps a place to stay story-wise) in exchange for your servitude.

All of this is dashed away, when Magolor pulls the ultimate **** move of brilliance and takes the Master Crown from Landia after Kirby and co. defeated him. This transforms him into a menacing cosmic wizard. He reveals to you that he was manipulating you to do his dirty work all along, then proceeds to commence his take-over of Halcandra & Dreamland.

Everyone goes on about how great of a villain Marx was. Yet all he does is ask Kirby a favor, then come out of no where last moment and transform to fight Kirby. All they could've done is show him being Kirby's best buddy or something to raise the tension. Then you have the lot of Cosmic Horror entities who either get revealed last moment or remain somewhere until Kirby goes far enough through the game to where they're located and fight. Magolor doesn't just borrow from the schemes of villains past. He expands upon them.

Overall, his character just isn't ripe enough at this time. If this was pre-release speculation for Smash 5, I'd be more inclined to put him behind Bandana Dee (that is, if he doesn't make it in Smash 4) for a bonus pick. What will happen to him within the Kirby series by then? Only time will tell.

PREDICTION

Midna & Wolf Link

Chance - 25.34%
Want - 37.68%

NOMINATIONS

Galacta Knight x3
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x1
Anna x1

Galacta Knight gets a push, due to the obliviousness of most raters. :p

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Oh, the irony.
Um that was there to prove my point that Sakurai gives jack squat about so called "reps"

EDIT:

Isn't that exactly what the ballot is there for?

:231:
Yes, the ballot is his biggest hurdle since he's not popular at all.
In fact, if the ballot wasn't there, I'd rate him 20% instead of 10%.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yes, the ballot is his biggest hurdle since he's not popular at all.
In fact, if the ballot wasn't there, I'd rate him 20% instead of 10%.
[citation needed]

I'm aware he is not at K. Rool or Isaac's level, but he is in the top 5-7.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
[citation needed]

I'm aware he is not at K. Rool or Isaac's level, but he is in the top 5-7.

Magolor.

Magolor's biggest obstacle is the ballot.

I agree with you there and that was communicated in your post. Except examining a flawed term only to use it later just makes your presentation look flat.

Next time, use quotation marks.
Yeah, that's true.
Thanks for the advice!

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Magalor
Chance: 1%
I literally can't think of a single thing going in his favor. It's incredibly rare when a one-off character makes it into Smash in a multi-repped franchise. Sheik is really the only example of a character who has only appeared in one-canon game in a big franchise, but has made it into smash. Magalor is a final boss, who has never appeared in a game since his inclusion in Return to Dream Land. It's like asking for Demise or Fredrick to get into Smash. They may be cool final bosses, but you are kidding yourself if you think any of them are Smash caliber. I've also never seen him receive a notable amount of support, and not to mention we all know how biased Sakurai is towards HIS Kirby games/against the other ones. No way is he going to put in some unsubstantial final boss into the game.

I get it, people want another kirby rep, but it really shows the utter lack of a viable contender for a potential fourth Kirby rep when the two leading candidates are a regular enemy holding a weapon, and a one-off final boss. I get that we need villains, but come on, this is really reaching. No thanks

Midna and Wolf Link (Come on really?) Prediction: 4.67%

Nominations
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Time for Ad-Rant-Ure!

Featuring Magolor, The Ultimate Marxist
"Magolor is a one-off character!"

While he doesn't have big appearances outside of RTDL, the appearances mostly being cameos, he does have several other appearances that might lift him above other Kirby villains.

These cameos show the developers like the character and these cameos slowly but surely give them some kind of momentum to a big "reappearance"

They show that Magolor isn't a one-off and he might return.
Heck, out of all characters, they used Magolor as a host of Kirby's Dream Collection.

And who's to blame Magolor for being a one off.
He's a one off because there aren't many games after his debut to appear in.

So just have patience.
Magolor might not be hip and happening now, but these little cameos give him a better future.

Eh? Weren't you talking about Bandana Dee?

No

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Magolor:

Chance: ABSTAINED
Want:ABSTAINED

Not very familiar with this character.

Prediction:

Midna and Wolf Link: 4.82%

Nominate :

Mach Rider x2
Ryux3

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Note: I won't be changing my Inkling scores here unless they are re-rated. That also applies to everything else.

Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids:
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

Magolor's chances: 5%

He's kind of recurring already and it's noteworthy that he got a trophy, but if we did get a Kirby character, I don't think he'd be able to edge out the far more popular Bandana Dee.

Want: 40%

I don't really want another Kirby character, as much as I love the franchise, but honestly? I'd take him over Bandana Dee any day. I like him much more and think he would be more interesting.

Midna & Wolf Link prediction: 2.66%

Extremely unlikely.

Nominations: Ryu (Street Fighter) x5

Almost there...

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Magolor
Chances: 0% + Sakurai Anti-Bias 0% = 0%
I preffer the cute Koopa troopa Waddle Dee... If every Ip has 7 representatives, he would pass... maybe for 5mash...

Midna+Wink
Prediction: 35%

Noms:
Bub/Bob x5

Edit Because Sakurai Bias is Against him

Last edited:

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
Magolor
Chance: 5%
Doesn't seem that important.

Sorry but I don't even know who this is and I play Kirby games. :/

Nominations:
Ryu x5

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Oh, the irony.

Anyways, Kirby efficiando on the scene! I must disclose, I'm a bit more fervent with passion for this day than I have ever been for the previous ones, so don't be alarmed if I come off a bit more contentious. I mean, just look at all of you getting in between my favorite video game series of all time!
Character Chance Ratings

1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Rayman - 60%
4: Snake - 55%
5: Inkling - 50%
6: Sceptile - 45%
6: Krystal - 45%
7: Paper Mario: 44.5%

8: Dixie Kong - 43%
9: Wonder Red - 40%
10: Impa - 40.5%
11: Ice Climbers - 30%
11: Captain Toad - 30%
12: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

13: Magolor - 25%
14: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
15: Quote - 21.5%
16: Shovel Knight - 20%
17: Shantae - 20.5%
18: Ridley - 5.5%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Ridley - 50%
11: Inkling - 30%
12: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

13: Rayman - 25%
14: Quote - 23%

15: Krystal - 20%
15: Dixie Kong - 20%
16: Roy - 10.5%

17: Captain Toad - 5.5%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A
RATINGS

- -

Magolor

Chance - 25%: Magolor, surprisingly, has the potential to be one of the stronger Kirby newcomer candidates. As we know, Bandana Dee has support going for him by landslide, which is exacerbated by his growing prominence as the fourth wheel of the main trio. He, along with Bandana Dee & Galacta Knight, have been the three Kumazaki-era characters who have actually maintained appearances along recent games, each with varying importance throughout. Obviously, Bandana Dee has had the most presence being a playable character in Return to Dreamland & Rainbow Curse, with a support role in Triple Deluxe. I highly doubt we'll get another Kirby character if he makes it in, though it could happen.

However, if we are going by the Fighter Ballot, Magolor hasn't even made a splash in any polls and his online presence is dedicated at best. Once again, Bandana Dee is making a surprisingly strong contender, with unverified details claiming Galacta Knight is a moderately strong pick, moreso in Japan.

If Magolor wants to have a more realized chance of being in Smash one day, his appearances and lore consistency (has a bit of a background prior to the events of Return to Dreamland, helps & challenges Kirby in Kirby's Dream Collection, & is stated to have continued his path elsewhere, notably constructing a theme park for Dedede's Drum Dash) need to go beyond minor roles. Like, make him relevant to the plot of a new Kirby game, whether that be on your side, doing his own thing, or playing an antagonist role. Perhaps even make him a secret playable character a la Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World.

Before I go on, I want to acknowledge how prominent this detractor about "post-Sakurai era character" is and how ridiculous I think it sounds. It has never once been stated or alluded that Sakurai has some sort of grudge against his first game series. If anything, he was mad at HAL Labs for making him produce more sequels, so he went off to do some new projects like Meteos and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Now look where he is. Continuing to churn more content for another Smash game out of a labor of love for us, perhaps against his personal ethical code. You can point out all you want about something ridiculous like not getting a 4th Kirby character or not getting a stage based off a recent Kirby game. Yet we have trophies, songs, and even a revamped Final Smash stacking up to the Return to Dreamland legacy on. I challenge anyone who disagrees with me to scour the Internet for any articles, interview, etc., supporting this notion.

Unless this is all based off a portion of fanbase opinions, there also isn't any factors of "unworthiness" any of the post-Sakurai games being predicates for Smash inclusion. Kirby has one of the safest histories out of all Nintendo franchises. Call me a fanboy if you want, but the general reception looks to be very high to decent both critically and fandom-ly. I can't think of ONE game that I absolutely hated, because they're all designed pretty damn well. Yes, I agree that there have been some very lackluster titles (Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, etc.) But none of those games measured bad enough for me to want to purge it from my collection. Let alone recognize it within the series. If anything, this results from more extreme design decisions deviating from the Kirby formula, demand for a traditional Kirby game at the time, or dissonance in tastes.

Oh, and by the way. Think Magolor has an uphill battle against Bandana Dee? Well, turns out he's actually butting heads. And that's all because...

YOU'RE

FORGETTING

SOMEONE!

- -

Want - 87.5%: I'll say it once and I'll say it again. Magolor is just another low-priority 2nd party character that remains a plausible darkhorse character. There are many more characters from other 1st-2nd party franchises I laud more or even casted a vote behind. Yet alone the 3rd parties I think the ballot does a great job signal-boosting.

Although, if it came down to it, I would be giddy to see such an unexpected Kirby character make it through with where we're at in his series. He has that obscure charm to him too. His magic wand blaring, cosmic-aura shooting, drill-dashing, teleporting, & dimensional rift-tearing abilities would provide a nice contrast of the light, dark, & elemental magic users in Smash we're used to. Cosmic energy, son! Besides that, some artistic licenses could be drawn from using enchanted gears (reminiscent of the collectables you need to power the Lor Starcutter in Return to Dreamland) or even the Sphere Doomers.

Top it all off with a Final Smash that has him wear the Master Crown to transform One Winged Angel-style to unleash all the destructive powers of that form briefly? Maybe with a finisher having him pull off devastating Super Ability attacks in his final form? Hmmm, now that I think about it, the final boss Cosmic Horror archetype is so quintessential to the Kirby series, you'd think it would be logical to have a playable character espouse it.

I received Magolor's character well in Return to Dreamland as well. He's been the most effective Kirby villain in years, perhaps behind Dark Matter. He's tied right into the plot from the start, presenting himself as an innocent bystander who begs for the aid of Kirby and his humble companions. He counts on you for collecting all the gears for the wrecked Lor Starcutter, even unlocking parts of the ships for you to use the more gears returned. Even some fun sub-games and Copy Ability challenge & test rooms. This connection allows you to build a relationship to him, where he provides you all these gracious rewards (and perhaps a place to stay story-wise) in exchange for your servitude.

All of this is dashed away, when Magolor pulls the ultimate **** move of brilliance and takes the Master Crown from Landia after Kirby and co. defeated him. This transforms him into a menacing cosmic wizard. He reveals to you that he was manipulating you to do his dirty work all along, then proceeds to commence his take-over of Halcandra & Dreamland.

Everyone goes on about how great of a villain Marx was. Yet all he does is ask Kirby a favor, then come out of no where last moment and transform to fight Kirby. All they could've done is show him being Kirby's best buddy or something to raise the tension. Then you have the lot of Cosmic Horror entities who either get revealed last moment or remain somewhere until Kirby goes far enough through the game to where they're located and fight. Magolor doesn't just borrow from the schemes of villains past. He expands upon them.

Overall, his character just isn't ripe enough at this time. If this was pre-release speculation for Smash 5, I'd be more inclined to put him behind Bandana Dee (that is, if he doesn't make it in Smash 4) for a bonus pick. What will happen to him within the Kirby series by then? Only time will tell.

PREDICTION

Midna & Wolf Link

Chance - 25.34%
Want - 37.68%

NOMINATIONS

Galacta Knight x3
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x1
Anna x1

Galacta Knight gets a push, due to the obliviousness of most raters. :p
Galacta Knight?
GALACTA KNIGHT?!!!
I don't want to sound rude but Galacta Knight only appeared in 2 kirby games:
-Super Star Ultra
-Return to Dreamland
He was a secret boss in both of his appearences, Magolor is still appearing as a recurring character :p

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Magolor Chance: 1.5%
Not relevant. Sakurai bias works against him. Sorry Magolor, but you're chances are in another dimension.

Want: 20%
I like him, but Bandana Dee should get in way before Magolor.

Wolf Link & Midna Predictions: 3.89%

Nominations:
9-Volt x5

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Magolor

His biggest issue? He doesn't seem to be popular on the Smash Ballot. Bandana Dee, as far as I can tell, is getting by far the most votes of any Kirby character. Why even have the ballot if they're going to skip down to like, the 50th most requested character or something like that? There are plenty of great choices in the top twenty already with popularity, uniqueness and move set potential. Honestly, only a handful of characters are getting in, and from the polls I've seen, there's really no reason to go outside the top twenty, and Magolor... he's not gonna make it there.

Aside from that, he's only had cameos since his debut, he's a few years old and a couple Kirby games have come out since then, so he's not super recent/relevant (neither is he really old news, mind you). Other characters are more important in Kirby. He may be the most likely villain from Kirby though, perhaps. And I don't see much reason for Sakurai to be biased in his favor since Sakurai didn't create him - at least Bandana Dee comes from Waddle Dee, so he's like a 2nd generation version of one of his creations.

And unless we get a ton of DLC characters, I don't see Kirby getting two. Why? Because for one, once they pick the most popular Kirby character, other, non-Kirby characters will be much more popular on the ballot. Beyond that, they may be looking at the votes for K Rool and Dixie and saying "there are a lot of DK fans who want a DK character". They can presume that if a series has multiple popular characters, that's a better series to give multiple DLC characters. Then again, they can probably assume that some Dixie fans and some K Rool fans will be happy with either because it's still a DK character. So at the same time, they might think, maybe DK doesn't need two reps even though it has two popular characters because the DK block as a whole will be reasonably satisfied.

But why would they look at Kirby, with only one highly requested character (Bandana Dee) and think they should add two characters? Many Magolor fans will also be happy that Bandana Dee got in. And fewer people in general will be excited for Magolor. And why would they pick Magolor over Bandana Dee, who gets a lot more votes?

This is not esoteric reasoning, is it?

Magolor chances: 0.3%
Magolor want: 0%
I don't really want Magolor or Bandana Dee, but I'd rather they at least satisfy the larger fanbase. Also Magolor would irritate me since it would mean they passed over much more popular choices on the ballot.

Midna + Wolf Link prediction: 9%

Nominations:
Simon Belmont x5
Second, STOP WITH REPS.

Sakurai added Rosalina and we go further.
Nobody expected a Mario newcomer, let alone a second one.
I strongly expected Mario to get a newcomer because it was underrepresented in Brawl (I only expected one newcomer though because usually series only get one). And that statistical model I did predicted 5 or possibly 6 reps for the Mario series. Dr. Mario was unexpected though. But Dr. Mario also didn't go through the same process, which Sakurai himself explained. So it's understandable to make that error - he wasn't originally intended to be a separate character.

So basically... the statistical model I made, which was explicitly based around the idea of "series reps", actually predicted the thing that you're trying to use as evidence against series reps!

Like seriously people... I have statistical evidence that reps matter. Does it mean they're the only thing that matters? No! Of course not! But I don't understand why people are so insistent that reps don't matter. Is it just that they can't stand the idea that their favorite character might not get in because it's from a smaller series or that series is already well-represented?
But not for just a series, no the series with the biggest amount of reps.
And the series with by far the most sales. Like, seriously. Hundreds of millions of games sold ahead of its closest competitor, Pokemon. Using reps as part of the reasoning is not just about which series already have reps, it's also about how many each series "deserves" based on factors like sales and popularity. Mario getting more reps than anyone else is not surprising. You can literally add up all the sales of Zelda, DK, Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Punch-Out, Xenoblade, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Pikmin and Game & Watch... and still be over 100 million in sales less than the Mario series. If reps were assigned linearly based on sales*, Mario would have 20 reps in Smash 4. Just so you see the magnitude by which Mario is bigger than everyone else.

And, actually, Mario did not have the most reps in Brawl anyway (and had been tied for the most in Smash 64 and Melee). It was underrepresented in the past, not overrepresented.

*My model uses the logarithm of a series' sales, which is why it doesn't make such silly predictions
Magolor has.

I assume that if either one gets in, it will be because of the Smash Ballot. Is there any reason to believe that Magolor is anywhere close to the same amount of votes, given that Bandana Dee actually charts in many polls, and Magolor does not in any poll I've seen?

Troykv

Smash Master
Magolor...

Chance: 10%

Well... Like all the bad guys in Kirby series (except Dark Matter related enemies) he only has one important role game... But he actually has popularity and a lot more cameos than other enemies... still don't likeable.

Want: 50%

He isn't my personal option for a Kirby Char in Fighter Ballot, but I think that he would be so fun to play.

Predicitons:

Wolf Link & Midna ... (Eh... Isn't she already a NPC in this game?)

Chance Prediction: 5%
Want Prediction: 60%

Nominations

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Magolor:

Chances: Who? (Abstain, no way he'd get in over Bandanna Dee)

Midna & Wolf Link Prediction: 11% (unfortunately)

Nominations:
Ray x3
Zael x1
Bayonetta x1

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Ancient Minister From Subspace Confirmed? Magalor Chances
Chances: 4%

Poor little strange floaty thing. I don't think you've got much of a chance with respect to all characters, and even with respect to other Kirby reps such as Bandana Dee. I really like this guy's design, so it does dishearten me a bit. Personally, I think the Kirby trio that we have at the moment works well, but what can I say. I'm not sure he's relevant enough to make the grade as DLC.

Want: 32%
He's got a nice design. I've not played any kirby game in which he features (or else I was oblivious to his inclusion) so he hasn't got a massive pull on me emotionally unlike some others. So yeah. He exists, looks cool, and reminds me of the Subspace Emissary's Ancient Minister.

Midna and Wolf Link Prediction: 4.11352%
Ooh, the toxic combo of an NPC and a character with two versions in the game already. Heh. Should be fun.

Nominating five Professor Layton votes in sheer ignorance about the fact I'm one of the only people in RTC that want to see him.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
MAGOLOR
Chance: 60%
This crazy space-traveling king or whatever has a surprisingly healthy chance. Magolor's a recent character thanks to Kirby's Return to Dream Land and the anniversary pack, I'll give him that. Plus, he could amount to a smaller, more playable Tabuu (Subspace Emissary, anyone~?).
Want: 35%
Good enough, but where's Galacta Knight? Bandana Dee? Or Marx? Hell, even Dark Matter would seem more plausible to me, given the kind of Kirby-related content permeating Smash as of late.

NOMINATIONS
Misty x5
C'mon, people. Cut Misty some slack.:131:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Chances: 5%
One major and active role in the Kirby series. In this game he's far-outclassed by Bandana Dee in fan demand and usage in the series. Sakurai's trends against the Kirby games after he left the series only makes his hopes even worse.

Want: 10% Bandana Dee is a better Kirby character. Rayman is a better "floating hands" character. Marx is a better "Not-so-cutesie" Kirby Boss Character. He has practically no appeal to me.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I swear, if anyone starts doing that super high pitched voice...

--

Magolor

Chance: 3%

Dipping further into Kirby's recent games, Magolor is some of the newer blood, as far as Nintendo characters go. An alien sorcerer who gains reality-warping powers through spoiler-y means, his moveset potential is actually pretty intriguing.

Unfortunately...that's where the good news ends, because Magolor's support is super low. Basically everyone's pushing for Bandana Dee as far as Kirby newcomers go, leaving Magolor as either an afterthought or a secondary wish that admittedly is super-unlikely. We don't even know how far his popularity will continue, even, as all he's had are cameos since is major role in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. We may not see him again all the way until when Smash 5 gets announced. It's hard to say.

Is he a long shot, technically? Yes. But with such little fan support, the only way he'd get in is if the developers took a special interest in him and made an exception.

Want: 35%
I think he could do some interesting things, at least. He'd have a level of uniqueness, despite him being such an oddball choice at this time. That said, I can't help but wonder if he'd be better off as an AT in Smash 5 or something.

Wolf Link & Midna Prediction: 3.12%
Half of them is already an AT, and unlike Ridley, Waluigi, or some other characters, their support base doesn't feel jilted by the developers and likely won't inflate their scores.

Nominations: Alpha-Form Stages x5
If Sakurai says new modes are a possibility, could a future free update bring us additional versions of each stage that are modeled after Battlefield?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Magolor

Chances: 5% generous

Okay, I'm not much of a kirby fan but I did see my little brother fight Magolor in return to dreamland. His first form really doesn't have much going for it in smash so they would have to resize his super form. His super form has all kinds of different abilities but I agree with the majority of people here about his popularity as a rep. Waddle dee with the spear would be a much better representative, or even knuckle joe for that matter.

Want: 20%

He would be a really cool fighter but I'm really not into him much. I welcome his inclusion only somewhat. I'm not a big kirby fan but my favourite kirby character is Galacta Knight. He is super cool!

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5. Give the blue haired gynoid some love!

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Magolor

Chance: 1%
I doubt any series will receive two dlc characters and Bandana Dee has the highest priority in the Kirby series.

He seems cool and if there's ever another game similar to Kirby Air Ride or a fighting game with many different Kirby characters, he would be a likely choice and I might even use him.
But we're talking about the big leagues here, aka Smash, and I feel Bandana Dee would finally complete the Kirby series. (maybe they're reserving him for the next game and that's why he doesn't appear in Smash 4?)

Nominations:
Lip x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
...who?
Okay, this is getting ridiculous.
Chance: 5% At first glance, Magolor has a good chance. He's relevant in his series. He's a villain. He has a devoted fanbase. He even has moveset potential. Why hasn't this guy gotten into smash? It's because these claims don't hold weight.
He's relevant to his series. Yes, but only as cameos in recent games. While there is some weight to the theory that he might be brought back as a villain, it hasn't happened yet.
He's a villain. Yes, but only if you make it to the end of Return to Dreamland. Most people think of him as a supporting character.
Devoted Fanbase? Yes, but they aren't making any waves in popularity polls. Bandana Dee outclasses him in every way.
Moveset potential? Yes...but almost every character we've rated so far have moveset potential. It doesn't make him stand out in any way.
Look, I understand why you want him in. He's a cool character, and he could work in Smash. But he's not happening. He's a one off character with some cameos. If he stars in some more games, then we can talk.
Want. 30% Like I said, I don't think he would be a bad fit in Smash. I would actually like a teleporting trickster moveset. However, he's not someone I'm rooting for in Smash, and it would just feel like time better spent elsewhere.

Prediction: 24.5% Same situation as Magolor. Overinflated chance scores due to fans who want a cool moveset and generally like the character.

Ryu x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Magolor
Chance: 3.7%
Just like everyone else, I think if we get a Kirby newcomer Bandana Dee has it. Magolor just isn't prominent enough in the Kirby franchise to be the next in line, especially when it comes to DLC. I'll give Return to Dream Land's (spoiler alert) final boss only 3.7%.
Maybe someday, but more than likely not next...

Want: 5%
I love Return to Dream Land, but Magolor isn't on my radar.

Prediction - Midna & Wolf Link: 7.2%

Nominations:
x5 Toon Zelda

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Magolor
Chance: 2% - Bandanna Dee has gotten far more love. It also doesn't help that Sakurai definitely seems to prefer representing his own Kirby games over the newer ones. The Kirby franchise was one of the only non-third party franchises that wasn't drowned in relevancy representation for SSB4.
Want: 40% - He's okay but I can definitely live without him.

Midna & Wolf Link prediction: 4%

Nominations: DLC Music Pack x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Top Bottom