• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Cranky
Chance 1%
Not happening before Dixie and k Rool both get in
Want 20%
I'd prefer a cane to twirling hair

Another Xenoblade character
Chance Want 0%
I just don't see it happening at all, Xenoblade was already a pretty obscure game and it each character faces competition from Zenoblade X characters. I also haven't played it..... yet

Nominate Offline Tourney x5

Predictions
Mini Kangaroo 0.4%
Krystal 14%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Cranky Kong

Chance - 0.02% - Honestly, Dixie and K. Rool took everything from him. I don't think he stands a chance.

Want - 45% - His dialogue is funny, I'll give him that. He's also my Tropical Freeze partner of choice. That said, K. Rool comes first.

Xenoblade character

Chance - 0.65% - Maybe, but I don't think it's popular enough to break through the ballot, and we're kinda already pushing things with Shulk. It's a modern Earthbound, which leaves it the cult classic. I don't really see one coming.

Want - 50% - Completely indifferent to the Xenoblade series. It's just not my cup of tea. I don't dislike it, but it's not the sort of thing I can get interested in.

Predictions

Mini Kangaroo - 0.13% - ...this is the new Mr. Hanafuda, isn't it?

Krystal - 32.45% - Expecting inflation due to confirmation of what we already should have known.

Nominations

Fossil Fighters T-Rex X5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Cranky Kong:

Chance: 20%
Want: 8%

Original Xenoblade Character:

Chance: ABSTAIN
Want: 2%

Nominations:

M. Bison x2
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x3

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Cranky Kong
Aka Donkey Kong the 1st

Chance: 2%

While he is the first DK I honestly don't see him getting in over K Rool or Dixie. He had a playable role in DKC Tropical Freeze so that helps I suppose but other than that he's not really as requested as the other 2 more viable reps.

Want: 5%

I really don't care about DK and believe it has all the reps it needs, I'd prefer other characters but I guess he would be an OK and probably unique character.

Original Xenoblade Rep

Chance: 0%

It's not very big and and too new a franchise to really get more than Shulk and with Dunban and Riki in Shulk's FS the only characters I really see making it are Reyn and Melia. I just don't see Fiora or Sharla getting in.

Want: 0%

Never got to play Xenoblade, and the only reasons in know about it is through a lets play. I'd rather other characters get in.

Abstain from Predictions

NiGHTSx5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
CRANKY KONG
Chance: 5% - He's got Dixie Kong and King K. Rool's Mii Fighter corpse to compete with. So I'd say his chances are rather low.
Want: 0% - Lol, nope.

Also, I went ahead and made new Chance and Want charts using Isaac's and the Inkling's Smashified art. Use it if you'd like, but I thought it would match, seeing as you're currently using King K. Rool's, Banjo & Kazooie's, and Rayman's art. URLs are below the pictures.

Nice work.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Cranky Kong

Chance: 5%
Want: 40%

I'm ok with Cranky.

Original Xenoblade Rep

Chance: 0%

Meh.

Nominate x5 Leon Powalski

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Cranky Kong:
Chance - 10%
Want - 70%

Between Dixie, K. Rool, and Cranky for a new DK rep, the one I'd honestly like to see get in the most would be Cranky. However, Dixie and K. Rool, are the ones who actually have a chance of making it, and between them, I think I'd prefer K. Rool, plus K. Rool does have the better chance between them the way I see things. Regardless, I remain ultimately neutral towards Dixie and K. Rool. Dixie has a lot going for her, from being the next most deserving kong, to having being planned for brawl, it's definitely a battle between Dixie and K. Rool to become the next DK rep.
I don't have much more to say about Cranky then what I said yesterday (2 days ago). He'd certainly be an eyebrow raising addition, and would be far more interesting to see adapted to smash then the others, but he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Second Xenoblade Chronicles Rep.:
Chance - 0%
Want - 100%
I'm a huge Xenoblade Chronicles fan, and I consider Shulk lucky that big daddy Sakurai included him. Xenoblade Chronicles is five years old and its semi-sequel is only out in japan right now, so it's hardly a substantial franchise. I consider Xenoblade lucky to have been so well represented alongside far more popular, successful, and influential games and their fighters. I do not think we'll see any more significant Xenoblade related content in Sm4sh, I honestly think Xenoblade already has more then it deserves. However, oh would I still love to see it happen.

Predictions:
Mini Kangaroo - 0.5% (who is this?)
Krystal - 40%

Nominations:
Validar (FE:A) x 3
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 2

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Come on Cranky, take it to the fridge! Walnuts, Peanuts, Pineapple..... uuummm this isn't the right time for the DK Rap to happen, right?

Chance - 5% Despite his relevance, he severely lacks ballot support and the old ape is seriously too old for this ****. Needless to say, he might as well use that all knowing Crystal Coconut to garner him some more supporters.

Want - 40% The first Donkey Kong in Smash would be good and all, but K. Rool and Dixie goes first. Besides, who can't love that cranky ape and his hate towards modern day gaming? :laugh:

Xenoblade Operative Numbuh 2

Chance - 0% The only way I see this happening is if a character breaks the Top 30 and Xenoblade X is work the character promotion. Other than that, I don't think it's going to happen.

Want - 80% Fiora, Elma, I don't care. Another Xenoblade rep would make me the happiest guy alive.

Predictions

Mini Kangaroo - 0% I can already tell that plebs will start spamming this rating. :yoshimelee:

Krystal - 32% Deflation is imminent because of her absence from Star Fox Zero.

Nominations

Brash the Mother****ing Bear x5

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Mini Kangaroo - 0% I can already tell that plebs will start spamming this rating. :yoshimelee:
Only logical considering Mini Kangaroo is simply a logo on a brand of 1970's Nintendo toys, the type of toys you see in your local Dollar General and such. I personally feel a collectible trophy would be a worthy tribute to Nintendo's olden, pre gaming days.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I'm greatly disappointed to see Dixie Kong leave the top 10 of want. Speaking of that, I'm going to update the want chart soon.

Cranky Kong chances: 6.5%
He's mostly known for being the game's main supporting NPC who's remembered mostly for his speech... so was Palutena and she got in, I have to admit. That said, Dixie Kong seems more prominent as a protagonist, and I feel like she would be prioritized over him.

Cranky Kong want: 35%
He's not undeserving per se, but there would be something wrong about him getting over King K. Rool and Dixie Kong, the main antagonist and the last of the main protagonist trio respectively, who are more of plot-driver characters than Cranky in Donkey Kong games.

-----

New Xenoblade Chronicles character chances: 0.7%
It could happen I guess, but overall that's mostly a stretch. The demand for this is overall pretty low, and we don't need one to "promote Xenoblade", Shulk is already doing that anyway.

New Xenoblade Chronicles character want: 30%
I like Xenoblade, but I don't feel like another character from this game should be a priority.

-----

Krystal prediction: 21.30%
I suppose a drop is inevitable because she's apparently MIA in Star Fox Zero.

Mini-Kangaroo prediction: 0.06%
Technically borderline ineligible due to being unrelated to video games, but you may some outliers which will be slightly higher than zero.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Trampoline x5 they're playable in Super Mario Maker THEY'RE THE NEW SHOO-IN
(Of course I'm kidding, but besides, yes, there's a trampoline costume in Super Mario Maker)

For real though:
Concept: none of the top 3 wanted newcomers x5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Not gonna lie, I'm greatly disappointed to see Dixie Kong leave the top 10 of want. Speaking of that, I'm going to update the want chart soon.
It seems like since the DLC is announced near-end, if the character is not Wolf or K Rool, they will always suffer a want drop.

There's nothing sad about it, just wait until we rerate everyone in the top 10 want, and you'll see that eventually the want would be lower than 50% even in the top 10...

At least I feel like that's gonna happen...

---
Cranky Kong:
Chances 6%/2=3%
Not quite plausible, since there are already 2 higher contenders, whose chance is already like more-likely-than-not (as told by this bias thread), not really high support (at least I do not see anyone around really wanting this character), etc.

Want 10%/2=5%
Wouldn't be mad if this happened, at least.

Xenoblade thingy
Abstain.

Prediction:
Furry Palutena 27%
She might be again overrated like Shantae, I afraid. But hey, at least I can spend time writing essays on a character again.

Not-Wiimote-Safety-Guy 0.2%
Not gonna happen, but strange ratings are a thing, so... random percentage above zero.

Nomination:
Isaac 5x

Cranky Kong
Want: 75% (I actually prefer him over Dixie)

New XC character
Chance: 1%

Krystal: 23%
Mini Kangaroo: 1%

Nominations: Kamek 5x

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Cranky Kong:
Chance: 15%. He's generally considered too much of a joke to be a serious contender. Even if Sakurai were to skip over K. Rool for reasons, I'd imagine he'd go for Dixie instead, and have a hard time picturing both Cranky and Dixie as dlc characters.

Want: 100%. Which is a shame. Cranky Kong deserves to take it to the fridge.

Original Xenoblade rep:
Chance: 9%. It's at least relevant with the VC release and the 3DS version. Still, being a niche series, even if people were voting for them, it would probably be something like Xeno bias that gets a newcomer in, and even then it'd be a better idea to go with someone from X.

Want: 55%. I love the entire cast of Xenoblade. However, I feel it’s best to move on to an X newcomer instead.

Nomination:
Brash x5.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Krystal - 32% Deflation is imminent because of her absence from Star Fox Zero.
Krystal prediction: 21.30%
I suppose a drop is inevitable because she's apparently MIA in Star Fox Zero.
Hopefully, her score wouldn't fall for that reason. Considering Nintendo went out of their way to say SFZ isn't a retcon, all it means is that Krystal is just absent from the newest game in the series due to it happening before she entered the picture. She hasn't been written out of the series, she just isn't relevant at the moment...similar to how King K. Rool and Isaac also aren't relevant at the moment yet are considered frontrunners nonetheless.

Surely, we wouldn't have people decide that a certain fact doesn't matter for one character but is an instant deal breaker for another, right? Not with how hypocritical that'd be, right?

Last edited:
Cranky Kong

K. Rool and Dixie would be ahead of Cranky if we were to get another DK character, which hurts his chances

More known as a supporting character compared to being a hero, but being the original DK and being playable in TF only helps the old fella.

Want: 80%

K.Rool and/or Dixie are top priority for me in terms of new DK characters, but I'd love to see the veteran come out of retirement once more and I think it will be great to have the original DK in the game, playable somewhat.

Just made this up now.

Up B Uses Squawks the Parrot to carry him upwards, similar to Snake in Brawl.
Side B Tosses a barrel forward, like in the old days
Down B Places a girder down in font of him which blocks projectiles and acts like a shiel.d Can be attacked and hurled at enemies.
Neutral B Fires dentures which latch onto opponents and damage them over time, need to attack to be shook off.

Final Smash Turns into his old self and creates havoc with barrels and girders. Combination of two specials with more power or something.

Can use his cane for some other attacks.

Ok, it needs a bit of work but there is stuff to work with :)

Original Xenoblade rep:
Chance:
Want:

Not into the series so I can't comment.

Nomination:
Bubsy the Bobcat x3
Brash the Bear x2

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Cranky Kong

Chance: 10%
Want: Abstain

Over KKR and Dixie? I have trouble believing this. I have no idea how he'd work either, so abstaining on Want.

Xenoblade Chronicles Character

Chance: 15%
Want: 50%

Let's run them down. Only Riki is out of the question on the hero side because Assist Trophy.

Mumkhar by himself is unviable because of his role as Metal Jerk Face. Ironically, in the Xenoblade trophies, his role is unspoiled unlike Nemesis Face/Fiora.

That leaves Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, and Melia as the remaining viable characters. Dunban is a Mii costume, though we don't exactly know if non-veteran/newcomer turned costume=deconfirmed(since King K. Rool remains an ambiguous coin flip as of current). If you choose to exclude Dunban, that leaves Fiora, Reyn and Melia. Of the three, Fiora and Melia seem to be the most recognized of the heroes

not to mention the former has significant plot relevance after being revived in her mecha form
plus have support threads, so you can safely boil it down to those two. Therein lies an issue; does Xenoblade warrant another character from the original? We have XCX coming up and Xross/Elma are making rounds. Time will tell.

I would be neutral to a second character.

Predictions:

Krystal: 25%(prepare for a heated day)
Mini Kangaroo: 0.70%

Nominate: Frigate Orpheon x5

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee got a want buff. Also a chance buff
Dunno, that's not the main point so meh

For me, it feels like people are more critical on rating one's chance/want now and those who got a pass of "I can accept him but not really want him" now will suffer. hard.

This can be further proven now that Snake and Shantae got extremely controversial on the day, and how many dissed Dixie because "she will go over K Rool".

I'm not quite sure about BDee's case, maybe there are an increase of people who truly wants BDee, or at least will accept him. Things has became more critical these days, and the rating will go more extreme.

So I suppose for the time being, we need a rerate of the whole Top 10. Well... at least except those who had been rated recently.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Cranky Kong:

Chance: 7%
Largely overshadowed by Dixie and K. Rool

K. Rool first

Original Xenoblade Character:

If we're getting another Xenoblade character, it'll probably be someone from X

Want: 80%
You know what they say about rainbows...

Predictions for Krystal: 28% Chance, 67% Want
Predictions for Mini-Kangaroo: 1% Chance, 6% Want

Nominate Captain Syrup x 5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Cranky Kong
Chance:
1%

I think that he missed his chance. When Tropical Freeze was relevant to our discussion, he seemed like a legitimate contender... but now he falls behind Dixie Kong and King K. Rool. His limited ballot support also shows this.
Not interested. In Tropical Freeze, I only used him when it was mandatory, otherwise I went to Dixie Kong or Diddy Kong.

Original Xenoblade Character
Chance:
1%

Riki and Dunban are popular within the Xenoblade universe, but they now have non-playable roles, which I think knocks them out.
So we then have Reyn, Sharla, Melia, and Seven. Reyn is popular through his somewhat memetic status and that is only limited in the US, Sharla is the least liked in every area, and Melia and Seven are among the most liked within the fanbase.
Seven also has plot importance, ya know.

So, I think that Seven and Melia stand the best chances, but that's not saying much. Xenoblade is a small series and it recently got a new game. I think having a new candidate might be too late.
Surprisingly ambivalent, even though I love Xenoblade.

Krystal Prediction: 25.02%
Oh boy, this day will be controversial.
Mini Kangaroo Prediction: 0.95%
This character existed before Mario did, but I think this character will be controversial for having little references from Nintendo and star status in any form.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Original Xenoblade Character Chance:
7.5%
Has a small chance of happening, Fiora has the largest amount of support to get consideration from Sakurai, but I think there would be someone else he would rather prioritize, specifically a character from X.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Cranky Kong:
Chance: 4%
I think he'd be in Smash earlier with the look he had in the original DK than the old nagger seen in the rest of the games.

Gimme an actual DK character or the actual Scrooge McDuck but not this imitating whippersnapper.

Original XenoBlade rep
Chance: 2%
If Riki wasn't an AT or Dunban wasn't a Mii Costume/Final Smash this rating would be bumped up quite a bit.
As it stands now, these two major characters being AT'd leaves us with "the rest"

Want: 10%
With "The rest" being pretty boring.
I want Riki dangit.

Almost Kut in Brawl: 36.7%
I believe the Krystal fans will put in 50% ratings just because they throw away counter-arguments with dishwasher counterpoints.
With them appearantly not being happy with the current rating (1/4 chance guys, what do you want more!) I feel a raid is imminent

Mini Kangaroo: 0.67%

Brash the Friggin' Bear x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Cranky's Chance: 45%
I think this character is severely underestimated. While he may not have the fan support K. Rool or Dxies does, Nintendo sure seems to be fond of the character. K. Rool has been absent for years and Dixie only just now made a return, but Cranky has been prominent in the series all the way through. His playable role in Tropical Freeze shows he isn't too old for action and his geriatric state may spark the creative juices in Sakurai's head. He might be popular on the ballot, but he may have enough support to get him noticed.

Cranky's Want: 65%
I'm really not too interested in getting another DK character, if we get one, that's good but if we don't, that's good too. With that said, Cranky is my frontrunner because, if for nothing else, his pogo can will be the closest we'll ever get to having Uncle Scrooge in the game.

----------

Second Xenoblade Character's Chance: 1%
Shulk was lucky to get in himself, I don't think neither the fans nor Nintendo care too much to have another from his series.

Second Xenoblade Character's Want: 1%
Reyn would make an amusing assist trophy, but that's as much as I'd want added from this game.

Dixie fell out of top 10 in want? smh

Cranky
chance 0%
not dixie or K rool

want
10%
meh

Original xenobalde character
chance 1%
we would probably get an x character and that is unlikely too.

Want 100%
unless it's Sharla I would love this. Melia is one of my absolute favorite characters ever and Reyn or Fiora would be awesome additions too.

Dunban and Riki are a final smash and assist trophy anyway. . .

nom
npc becomes playable 5

Logo12

Smash Lord
Just some random trendline thingy because why not:
upload_2015-8-22_0-19-28.png

Calling it now, the next time we have to rate Snake, the want would be 14.88%, chance would be 27.5% /s

----

enough with messing around with data, I'm here to... mess around more with data.

I updated a few things in my DLC picker thing and made a rank list out of it, which... I don't know why I'm doing that but hey... charts!

Link is here, please tell me if this helps any bit, also I would like some ideas on how to make an overall score based on the two stats.
Here's a text top 10 if you want:

Sorry if this is off topic, btw. Just feeling this might be a possible replacement for that old pie chart thingy, so :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cranky Kong:
He's below K. Rool and Dixie on the totem pole

Want: 35%
Dixie and/K. Rool first please.
Original Xenoblade Rep:
Chance: 0.1%

All the important Xenoblade characaters are assist trophies or Shulk's Final Smash.​

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He's not gonna be a star! Cranky Kong Chance - 3%

Very limited ballot support, and that's a really important factor right now.

Apart from that, as significant as he is in the DK series, K. Rool and Dixie outshine him in many ways, especially as a contender for Smash.s

Want - 35%

If both K. Rool and Dixie got in before him, I couldn't say no. I'd actually rather enjoy him being in the game, but him getting in before K. Rool and Dixie would do quite the opposite of justice.

Original Xenoblade character - 0%

I can't see us getting any other character from this game other than Shulk.

Want - Abstain.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose it depends on whether or not the King K. Rool costume was significant to the crocodile's chance or not. Because if King K. Rool is not playable, I believe that Cranky is next in line.

Chance: 75%

His merit is beyond comprehension. He would offer a unique body type, satisfy the "Sakurai Complex," he is relevant, he appears in essentially every Donkey Kong title, and he is just iconic in general. I have no idea why people underestimate him. He is basically on par with Pac-Man. I am not insinuating that he is guranteed by any stretch of the imagination, but he is WAY more likely than people give him credit for. Dixie Kong would most likely come across as a lazy (that model) and unwarranted DLC character and no other Kong is nearly prominent enough to take the slot. However, ballot votes directed at King K. Rool and Dixie Kong alike indicate an interest in the Donkey Kong franchise and Cranky is the most feasible option in my opinion.

Want: 25%

Meh. He is not the best Kong, nor is he the worst. I would enjoy playing an older character that actually feels his age. His cane would probably lead to an interesting move-set.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

As much as the DK series is forgotten, I'm done with monkeys. We need some Krok action here.
...however, there are two monkeys I wouldn't really mind, and this is one of them. Cranky at least has a spot of personality, albeit of the snide curmudgeonly type. However, he's behind both Dixie and the Rool in the ballot, so that's not looknig good for him.
Really, what I'd like to see would be a Cranky codex on the Jungle Japes stage. Palutena's codex is really boring (and in Robin/Chrom's case, pretty insulting to the fans), and Snake's was relatively standard. A Cranky codex where he just ripped people apart in jest would be really funny.

Oh, the other monkey I like? Well, he doesn't exactly have much style or grace...
One of Shulk's Friends

Meh, I'm not really a fan of Xenoblade. The series itself seems a little force in Smash, similar to how Metal Gear was shoehorned into the last one. I know both have their fans, but that's not the first (or second, or third...) series I'd think of for the game.
Having said that, The new Xenoblade seems to be using a whole new cast, and of the Xenoblade characters we're looking at, ballot support is pretty split between them (and thus is relatively negligible). Don't really see it.
Mini-Kangaroo prediction: Srsly? 0.1%
Krystal Prediction: 31.2% and a lot of annoying debates again.

Nom: None of the top 3 x5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Cranky Kong
Chance: 0.8%
Not with two other highly requested Donkey Kong characters. Why would Sakurai ignore the characters that the majority of fans want for DLC in favor of Cranky? I don't really think I need to explain myself further. I'll give the constantly complaining and rambling Kong a small score of 0.8%.
He's just not necessary...

Want: 0.5%
I'm already very neutral towards both K. Rool and Dixie, and only want to see one or the other because I feel that Donkey Kong deserves another representative. I'd rather not see Cranky get in over them and have to endure the constant complaining that would take place on Smashboards if this were to ever become a reality. It would just be a headache.

Original Xenoblade Character
Chance: 3%
If Xenoblade continues to be an ongoing franchise by the time Smash 5 releases, I could see another character from a later game getting in. Fact of the matter is, Shulk is really all that's necessary to represent the original Xenoblade, so I can't imagine Sakurai considering another especially when we probably won't see those characters again in any future Xenoblade game. I'll give the concept of an additional Xenoblade character a chance of 3%.
It's just not necessary...

Want: 20%
I'd rather not see another Xenoblade character to be honest. I love the game and I'm happy it's well represented in Smash 4, but I'd rather see other franchises that didn't get any additional representatives in the base game get a chance with DLC like Donkey Kong and The Legend of Zelda. Xenoblade got its fill.

Top Bottom