• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Since it's kinda relevant to today's character, are there people who would be interested in a brief Pokkén edition Rate Their Chances game? It would have its thread posted in the dedicated Pokémon forum and only last ten days (before it officially launches July 16th); considering how close the game is to launching, I think we should rate more Pokémon per day than how many characters and concepts we usually rate per day in this RTC thread. Maybe rate, like, four Pokémon per day? I think we should start the first day with the elephants in the room, namely the Pokémon who are playable in SSB4 and are yet to be confirmed for Pokkén (Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo), then people nominate up to five different Pokémon per day, and the four or five Pokémon at the top of the nomination list are rated the day after. We obviously are not rating every single Pokémon existing anyway. (I guess nobody is interested in rating Sunkern lol)

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Absol, eh? Nice touch.

Chance: Personally I think it's 0%

Want: 60%

I'll admit it sounds cool, but if i had to choose a Generation 3 representative, it would be Sceptile.

Final thoughts: Do I discredit Absol for being unlikely? Yes. Would I like him being in Smash? Yes, but adding him over Sceptile sounds weird.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Absol
Chance:
1%

Absol has little to no ballot support and while it is popular enough to receive a Mega Evolution, it's not a popular choice for Smash and there are many Pokemon that it has to compete with.
Want: Abstain

Sora Prediction: 2.84%

It begins
Black Mage Prediction: 6.13%
A more popular Final Fantasy choice, but it's still Square Enix.

Nominations: Young Link 5x

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Since it's kinda relevant to today's character, are there people who would be interested in a brief Pokkén edition Rate Their Chances game? It would have its thread posted in the dedicated Pokémon forum and only last ten days (before it officially launches July 16th); considering how close the game is to launching, I think we should rate more Pokémon per day than how many characters and concepts we usually rate per day in this RTC thread. Maybe rate, like, four Pokémon per day? I think we should start the first day with the elephants in the room, namely the Pokémon who are playable in SSB4 and are yet to be confirmed for Pokkén (Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo), then people nominate up to five different Pokémon per day, and the four or five Pokémon at the top of the nomination list are rated the day after. We obviously are not rating every single Pokémon existing anyway. (I guess nobody is interested in rating Sunkern lol)
The Pokkén RTC thread is now open! Click here to access to it. Otherwise find it in the Poké Center subforum, itself a part of the NintenZone subforum.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Absol:

Chance: 0.5%
It has a Mega Evolution. That's... pretty much all it has.

I honestly don't care.

Predictions for Sora: 3% Chance, 34% Want
Predictions for Black Mage: 16% Chance, 46% Want

Nominate Tingle x 5

Vaati's had more than one game appearance and a cameo and he was even the main villain three-four times(I forgot about the 3DS Anniversary special). Geno was a party member character once twenty years ago with a barely worth mentioning cameo in Superstar Saga.

(although if Vaati doesn't make it into Hyrule Warriors 3DS, he's going to very quickly reach Geno's obscurity levels)
I see...

In that case, I think Vaati might end up as the Krystal of Zelda. Sure, they haven't shown up in a while, but the fans are still there... waiting...

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Absol
Chance: 1%
Want: 5%
There are a lot of pokemon that are cool and representative, Absol is one of them, I would love to see it in Pokken.

Predictions
Sora: 3%
Black Mage: 12%

Noms
Mallo (Pushmo) x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Absol

Out of the expansive lineup of Pokemon that have yet to be playable, Absol is not a popular candidate.

I am intrigued from what I've read, though.

Predictions:

Sora
- 2.5%

Black Mage - 5.2%

Nomination: Young Link x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Absol
Chance: 0.9%
I can basically just copy and paste what I said about Gengar on his day. I don't think they're going to focus on another Pokemon for DLC. I'll give the Dark type Generation 3 Pokemon a small score of 0.9%.
There's not really anything else to say...

Want: 3%
I'll ask again, isn't Mewtwo enough? I would like to see other franchises get a turn at getting a DLC representative.

Predictions - Since I don't have anyone I want to nominate anymore, I'm going to quit doing predictions. At least for now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Darn, I missed Vaati. Oh well. I have to sleep so I'll keep it short.

ABSOL
CHANCE & WANT: 1%

Absolutely not. :troll:
Eh, he's not the most prominent Gen III Pokémon, nor is Pokémon much likely to get another DLC character.I like him enough in Pokémon, but don't really wish to see him in Smash right now.

:231:

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Absol

Want/Chance: 0.00%

...Meh. And honestly if there is one other Pokemon rep I even want it would be Piplup.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I do get to elaborate today...although I really don't have much to say about this character. Might edit this with thoughts on the characters I didn't get to talk about later.

Absolutely not's chances: 0.5%

It's pretty close to a 0%. Absol doesn't really have much going for it for it to get picked over other 'mons.

Want: 0%

Like the 'mon, but don't find it to be that great of a pick. Several Gen III Pokémon, and plenty of Pokémon in general, I'd rather have.

Sora prediction: 2.15%
Black Mage prediction: 6.69%

Nominations: Sami x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Absol

As much as I hate to do this. It might as well be my first hand at this.

No ballot support and lack of promotion equals no chance. Plus, Absol is the most absolutely disgusting choice than anyone would pick for a Pokemon rep. No hate on it, but I just don't see this thing happening.

Sora Prediction: 3%

Black Mage Prediction: 6%

Nominations: Style Savvy 5x

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Absol

Chance: 2%

Want: 45%

It's high up in my favorite Pokemon list, and I wouldn't mind seeing it if it did get in~

Predictions:
Sora: 3%

Black Mage: 6.66%

Nomination:
Gardevoir x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Happy 'Murica day everybody!

Absol

Chance: 3%
People are voting for this guy? O_o
Well even if there are actually people who want him/her( or was it an it) in smash, there is a clear lack of support for Absol's inclusion.

Want: 50%
He's considered the pokemon of misfortune as he only appears when unfortunate events are about to happen. Tis an interesting concept, so I would't mind his inclusion all that much.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
No rating from me today. I just sped through calculations.
ABSOL
CHANCE: 1.75%
WANT: 25.80%
Next up we're rating Sora and Black Mage. Also please predict what score Tingle and the concept of Homecoming Hijinx Music will get tomorrow.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gonna stay brief...

Sora

Chance: 0.1%
Kingdom Hearts has received Nintendo releases, but not only is it developed by a third party company, but it is also owned by Disney...which includes Sora...this...is a problem...

----

Want: 25%
Keyblade...sure...but not too interested anyways...

----

Black Mage

Chance: 4%
If Square Enix was willing to contribute a character to smash, this would be it...The Black mage is an iconic character from Square highly successful Final fantasy series, this franchise has paved the way for RPG's which include some of Nintendo's own franchises such as Pokemon...However Square Enix may not be all that willing to contribute especially since we may not receive too many characters let alone third party for DLC...

----

Want: 50%
He'd be cool, I'd say he'd fit in with the third parties we currently have, though he may not be as iconic but his importance to some of Nintendo's own IP's gives him some benefits...

----

Prediction:
Tingle: 2.1%
Everyone's favourite creepy middle aged Map maker!...That overcharges little kids that are trying to save the world, to simply decipher a sea chart...Kooloo Limpah!

Homecoming Hijinx: 1.1%
I have no idea...I may be abstaining for this one tomorrow...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
Concept: New Metroid Prime stage x2

Last edited:
Sora
Chance: 0% (owned by Disney)

Black Mage
Chance: 10% (most likely SE rep)
Want: 100%

Tingle prediction: 3%

Homecoming Hijinx prediction: 2%

Nominations: Agumon 5x

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Quadruple abstain today. Maybe I'll edit this post later and try to rate them, but honestly I'm mostly apathetic towards characters from Square Enix series. I don't think any of those two are likely anyway, but whatever.

Edit: okay, despite my apathy towards Square Enix as a whole, I'm actually going to rate them.

Sora chances: 0%
Too many legal hurdles to get not only Sora but also other Disney contents (since part of the appeal of KH is to see Mickey and friends in a video game), Kingdom Hearts lacks historical relevance to Nintendo (the mainline KH games were never released on Nintendo systems), and there's simply not enough demand for him. I hate giving absolutes, but I think Sora has enough going against him to be deemed impossible. He's about as likely as Conker in my book.

Sora want: 0%
No interest whatsoever.

-----

Black Mage chances: 1.12%
A plausible choice for Final Fantasy representation, but anyway, not likely.

Black Mage want: 35%
No connection, but I guess I'd be okay with him.

-----

Tingle prediction: 2.17%
Assist Trophy.

Homecoming Hijinx prediction: 11.14%
Songs like these are unpredictable, but it's for sure a fantastic soundtrack. Since we got more musics through DLC, there's hope, but I guess it mostly depends on whether we're getting a Donkey Kong stage as DLC, then whether or not this song happens to be available for this stage.

Nominating:
Playable newomer: Tetrimino x5
(Still holding back my five unused extra noms)

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Sora: ....0.0001% (MAYBE if the stars implode or something, but Disney...)

Want: 90% His moveset in SSF2 feels pretty fresh and unique

Black Mage: 10% (Just because he is the representative of SE)

Want: 300% I would main him no matter what. I just LOVE the guy so much.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Quadruple 0. Third Party characters who aren't exactly iconic.

Prediction
Tingle: 2%
Homecoming Hijinx: 9%

Nominate all veterans returning x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Okay, so it's finally here, let's see what I can drudge up from this.
Please do not skip this!
Sora

Chance: 50%

I was originally gonna give him a 25% chance due to his decrease in popularity after the first few days of the ballot, but that changed after I noticed that support was being inspired from the KH3 trailer, so it shall remain at 50%. Now for the rest of my argument, I'm gonna post the most popular arguments being used against Sora and promptly prove why they are all false and change my rating accordingly, should anybody find proper counter arguments against my own( opinionated arguments will obviously not be factored in):

"Sora is owned by Square Enix and Disney, even if they weren't strict with their IPs, Nintendo wouldn't want to pay two different organizations for just one character"
- This is a simple enough mistake to make as the Kingdom Hearts series has always been promoted to be a crossover between Disney's multiple franchises and the Final Fantasy series. But Sora is indeed owned by just Disney. Evidence of this are as follows: 1. "© Disney Developed by SQUARE ENIX" a copyright claim that can be found on both the official case for every Kingdom Hearts game( specifically on the back near the bottom) and in all of the official web pages for the series. For those of you who don't know, this simply means that Kingdom Hearts is a series that Square Enix is allowed to develop, but doesn't own( much like how Koie Tecmo and Capcom were allowe to develop Legend of Zelda games). 2. Disney had a Kingdom Hearts game made called "Kingdom Hearts V-cast". This game starred Sora, had no Final Fantasy characters featured, and Square Enix was completely unaware of it's development, further proving that Sora is their character.

"Disney is extremely strict with their IPs, they'd charge alot of money for his inclusion."
- This is an argument that was spawned due to previous transactions involving Disney and their far more popular characters! In the grand scheme of things, the reasons as to why companies like Disney keeps close tabs on their IPs is because they can make alot of money off of their popularity. To be clear, Sora is fairly popular within the gaming community, but when you compare his popularity to the likes of Mickey Mouse, the little mermaid( a.k.a Ariel), Simba, Tarzan, Alice, Hercules, Aladdin, or even Jack Sparrow( to name a few) then it's simply no contest, he's just not well known to a majority of non-gamers. Anybody who makes this claim is literally making a mountain out of a molehill and to further prove this:
Yes, you're looking at this correctly, Sega was able to get the rights to a lesser known Disney character, and if Sega of all companies can get the rights to use a Disney character in their game, then I'm not putting anything over Nintendo.

"Disney wouldn't wan't any of their characters in a fighting game, they prevented Square Enix from making Kingdom Hearts Dissidia."
-No they didn't, I've thoroughly searched high and low for an article that verifies this and the only one I've ever found that "confirmed" the info sourced another article that didn't make that claim. As it stands, this is just a false statement.

"Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming to the Wii U"
- Neither is street fighter V. As of this point Ryu makes this and any other related argument irrelevant.

And those are the 4 biggest arguments( or in my case, obstacles) that most people have used against Sora's chances. All of them were effectively dis-proven.

He has the potential for a very unique and creative moveset and his franchise brought me into videogaming( as well as my career choice). He's my #1 choice to win the ballot so I'm gonna throw this out here just once : #Sora4smash

Black Mage

Chance: 35%
I've read that he's a pretty popular pick in Japan but I'm not sure about the rest of the world. I guess he'd have a better shot at the roster if Sakurai's team picked a few of the most popular characters from each major country but that's an unlikely scenario.

Want: 85%
A final Fantasy mage? Using Final Fantasy magic?! In Smash bros.?!! I'll take it!

Nomination: Hades x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Okay, so it's finally here, let's see what I can drudge up from this.
Please do not skip this!
Sora

Chance: 50%

I was originally gonna give him a 25% chance due to his decrease in popularity after the first few days of the ballot, but that changed after I noticed that support was being inspired from the KH3 trailer, so it shall remain at 50%. Now for the rest of my argument, I'm gonna post the most popular arguments being used against Sora and promptly prove why they are all false and change my rating accordingly, should anybody find proper counter arguments against my own( opinionated arguments will obviously not be factored in):

"Sora is owned by Square Enix and Disney, even if they weren't strict with their IPs, Nintendo wouldn't want to pay two different organizations for just one character"
- This is a simple enough mistake to make as the Kingdom Hearts series has always been promoted to be a crossover between Disney's multiple franchises and the Final Fantasy series. But Sora is indeed owned by just Disney. Evidence of this are as follows: 1. "© Disney Developed by SQUARE ENIX" a copyright claim that can be found on both the official case for every Kingdom Hearts game( specifically on the back near the bottom) and in all of the official web pages for the series. For those of you who don't know, this simply means that Kingdom Hearts is a series that Square Enix is allowed to develop, but doesn't own( much like how Koie Tecmo and Capcom were allowe to develop Legend of Zelda games). 2. Disney had a Kingdom Hearts game made called "Kingdom Hearts V-cast". This game starred Sora, had no Final Fantasy characters featured, and Square Enix was completely unaware of it's development, further proving that Sora is their character.

"Disney is extremely strict with their IPs, they'd charge alot of money for his inclusion."
- This is an argument that was spawned due to previous transactions involving Disney and their far more popular characters! In the grand scheme of things, the reasons as to why companies like Disney keeps close tabs on their IPs is because they can make alot of money off of their popularity. To be clear, Sora is fairly popular within the gaming community, but when you compare his popularity to the likes of Mickey Mouse, the little mermaid( a.k.a Ariel), Simba, Tarzan, Alice, Hercules, Aladdin, or even Jack Sparrow( to name a few) then it's simply no contest, he's just not well known to a majority of non-gamers. Anybody who makes this claim is literally making a mountain out of a molehill and to further prove this:
Yes, you're looking at this correctly, Sega was able to get the rights to a lesser known Disney character, and if Sega of all companies can get the rights to use a Disney character in their game, then I'm not putting anything over Nintendo.

"Disney wouldn't wan't any of their characters in a fighting game, they prevented Square Enix from making Kingdom Hearts Dissidia."
-No they didn't, I've thoroughly searched high and low for an article that verifies this and the only one I've ever found that "confirmed" the info sourced another article that didn't make that claim. As it stands, this is just a false statement.

"Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming to the Wii U"
- Neither is street fighter V. As of this point Ryu makes this and any other related argument irrelevant.

And those are the 4 biggest arguments( or in my case, obstacles) that most people have used against Sora's chances. All of them were effectively dis-proven.

He has the potential for a very unique and creative moveset and his franchise brought me into videogaming( as well as my career choice). He's my #1 choice to win the ballot so I'm gonna throw this out here just once : #Sora4smash

Black Mage

Chance: 35%
I've read that he's a pretty popular pick in Japan but I'm not sure about the rest of the world. I guess he'd have a better shot at the roster if Sakurai's team picked a few of the most popular characters from each major country but that's an unlikely scenario.

A final Fantasy mage? Using Final Fantasy magic?! In Smash bros.?!! I'll take it!

Nomination: Hades x5
I've read it all and of your arguments come down to "Legally, it's mot impossible."
But what does Sora have to offer to make Sakurai get these rights?

Why would Sakurai pick Sora and go through legal hoops, instead of picking a Nintendo character like K. Rool or Captain Toad and make more fans happy?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Sora - The King of Crossovers. Literally.

Chance: 5.67%
I think Sora's greatest challenge to his Smash Bros viability is the fact that he's got a few legal hurdles to cross. It seems that there's sufficient evidence to prove that Sora's ownership belongs to Disney, not Square Enix as most people usually think. So this now means that Sakurai would have to go to Disney if he were to ask for Sora to be in Super Smash Bros. Apart from the legal contracting, I think Sora needs a strong push from his fans, but that strength isn't close to King K. Rool's. He could be a strong candidate for the next Smash, and the same could be said about Black Mage.

Want: 70%
I enjoy the Kingdom Hearts series, and Sora could prove to be something very unique with his Keyblade skills and magic. He's not super high on my priority list for playability in Super Smash Bros though, but him being playable would be super-unexpected - like I said, he's the King of Crossovers - him joining Smash Bros would just add to another world he's fought in. The Heartless could make for some interesting Smash Run enemies too. ...And now that I think about it... Hearing songs like "This is Halloween" in Smash Bros would be pretty awesome!

Now, for the Black Mage -

Chance: 6.61%
Now, Black Mage is the inverse of Sora - everyone recognises the Black Mage as a Square Enix character. He's especially recognisable with the early Final Fantasy games on the NES to SNES, and one of the most memorable alongside Cloud Strife. I think he'd be the Square Enix character Sakurai might decide on if he wanted a Final Fantasy character. He could be a unique magic based fighter, and celebratory of the early turn-based RPGs that existed long before Pokémon.

Want: 75%
Black Mage would be boss, without a doubt, and one of the best choices for a Final Fantasy character.

Now I'll nominate a character with boots, Goku hair and not a 'silent character' from another RPG - Isaac (GS) X5

Tingle Prediction: 2.68%

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Sora chances 0%
disney didnt let square enix use sora in dissedia why would they let sora in smash? nintendo doesnt want to kill themself for this guy he didnt do anything special in nintendo history

want 0%
eww disney stuff in smash...

Black mage chances 3%
he isnt the most requested square enix characters for smash or even near the most requested one (Geno) he is not high on the ballout but should also we should remember there are other Final fantasy characters too its hard to choose wich one should be the choosen one for Final fantasy rep ok lets see:
-Chocobo (got his own game and was the most requested 3rd party in melee poll)
-Moogle (a character from 1 of the best SNES final fantasy games and met Mario)
-White mage (same level as Black mage and met Mario)
-Cloud (the most popular Final fantasy character and was the biggest succses to square enix)
-Warrior of light (the main character from the first Final fantasy game wich was the anccestor to other Final fantasy main characters)

Black mage is a good choice but not the "Perfect" choice because other Final fantasy characters have done something different in their history also Geno hurt Black mage chances because he is the one most asked square enix character to be in smash since brawl and the fans has been waiting since 19 years just to see him back in a game (reminder sakurai said the next characters are going to be fanservice) so Geno does create big hype and represent the link between square and nintendo in thier old history

Black mage want 90%
he is a part of my chilhood i like black mage alot and he is my main in SSF2 and he is my 2nd favorite square enix character

Nomination:
Nester x5
Donkey kong jr. x5
Alex kidd x5

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Today's rate

Sora
Chance 2% Disney and square enix property and too protective
Want 1%

Black Mage
Chance 10% one of the iconic representatives of square enix and someone pointed out the potential unique mechanic of using magic to provide status effects against opponents. If that guy makes it in smash 5, then I am looking forward to try it out
Want 55%

Predictions

Tingle 5%
Homecoming hijinx 9%

Nomination
Smash 5 has a 10 year wait cycle x5

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Sora
Chance: 0% really unlikely
Want: 0% not even to kick it in the face

Black mage
Chance: 8% because he is black?...
Want: 85% because he is black...

Pred:
Tingle: 5%
DK song: 3%

Noms:
Mallo x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Sora

Chance: 4%

A popular and requested third/forth-party character, but has problems because his owners and doesn't have so much Nintendo connection.

I can't rate this.

Black Mage

Chance: 10%

A popular and iconic RPG archetype that appears in a lot of games... And actually has more connection with Nintendo.

It's a magician (duh xD), I like magicians.

Predictions: Tingle and Homecoming Hijinx

Tingle Chance: 3.6%
Homecoming Hijinx: 8%

Nominations:

Adeleine x5

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Sora

Want 0%
Not really well known/highly requested/easily available from third-party IP holder. Basically DOA because of one of those reasons.
And I don't know about Disney characters in Smash - Disney's not exactly a video game company as much as an animated movie company at heart. True, they have video games which include a major amiibo competitor.
If we were going to get Disney anything (and for personal reasons, I really do want this), I'd like to see licensed Mii outfits. Because although my Black Widow Mii looks ok, I can't get a good Cap. I don't even buy Mii outfits, but I would be all over Marvel Mii costumes.
And since Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars, I think people would like that.
Black Mage

Chance 1%
Want: 0%
See every Square Enix argument we've made before. Too lazy to go quote all of them again.
Tingle Prediction: 3.9%
Hijinx prediction: 8.1%

Nom: Classic mode x5
Been nominating this well before that fake leak, so it's not because of that. Besides, I'd prefer Melee's style so all 52+ characters could appear at any time as enemies, not "Level 1 - Link, Level 2 - DK etc..."​

Black Mage
chance 10%
if we're getting a square enix character it is definitely this guy. Easily the most iconic character not named after weather (cloud, lightning. he probably beats lightning but I honestly dont know)

his support is very average though. And for a 3rd party character that might not be enough. He does have spinoffs going for him I guess.

Want 66% I would much rather have agnes but he is still pretty cool.

Sora
Chance 0%
there is a reason he gets lumped into the same category as Goku and other anime charcters. He really doesnt have much going for him other than the fact he has been on gameboy, DS, and 3DS. no mainline titles though and I doubt KH3 will break the mold

want 100%
I love kingdom heats and at the moment own every game (including both the gameboy and PS2 version of chain of memories. not a good choice)

I love the game and there is definitely enough potential to be unique here. from various final fantasy style spells to the crazy keyblade moves he has he would be so much fun. RIP

prediction
Tingle 4% (hjis want score will probably be even more divisive than sora's :p)
homecoming hijinx-
as in the song? I guess ill predict 5%

noms
agnes 3
next smash has new director 2

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't know...wouldn't he stick out like a SORa thumb?

I suck.

Chance: 2%

Between all the loopholes and competition, I don't see Sora making it. Square probably has characters they'd push for more.

Eeeeeh...Square has no characters I'd love in Smash.

Black Mage:

Double Abstain

I know jack about the FF series apart from IV and 13. Wouldn't be fair.

Predictions:

Tingle: 5%

Homecoming Hijinx: 13%

Nominate: Delphox x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sora

Chance - 0% - Too much legal tango for me to even think of considering. Disney and Square? He's doomed.

Want - 20% - Bleh, would go for some other third party.

Black Mage

Chance - 1.25% - I guess that he has just as much merit as Slime. While not quite as famous, he's still quite so, and has more clear potential.

Want - 60% - Eh, would rather see Slime, but I can deal with him.

Predictions

Tingle - 2.56% - Popular, but an assist trophy.

Homecoming Hijinx - 3.45% - We don't seem to be having another DK stage coming, and it would be most likely unfitting for most of the stages.

Nominations
Secondary Ballot X5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Sora
This is Disney we're talking about.
Next thing you know is Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck being in Smash

Gimme Donald or bust

Black Mage
Chance: 5%
Possible, but I feel four third parties added in one game is too much.

Tingle: 3.3%
We've seen Takamaru burn for being an assist.
This won't end well.

Homecomimg Hyjinx: 5.5%

Azura x5

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Someone please answer this, because I've always been kind of curious.
So is it really Sakuari and Nintendo that goes to the third party companies and ask for a character or is the company that's getting asked for the character and goes to Nintendo that we need to worry about?
(of course @ Geno Boost Geno Boost will shot down any other Square Enix character that's not named Geno even these guys Black Mage more so, than Sora has also been requested for years too.)
Still I want to know is it really the company that holds the character that we really need to worry about or is it really Nintendo and Sakurai that we need to worry or is it just both, about in terms of other third parties is all I'm asking?

Last edited:
Top Bottom