• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
that one Zelda villain that acts like Ganon but is not, and even has his own evil-slaying sword that seals him away...

Vaati

Chance: 5%
Ok, while Vaati ,the wind amge could pass for a fairly interesting character for the lineup, as well as a Zelda newcomer and a new villain...He's not all that requested...Impa, Tetra, Toon Zelda, and Ganon are pretty much leading the charge for Zelda characters, and that's not even counting the assist characters who are arguably even more popular than the previous four...

The games he appears aren't quite as popular as other Zelda titles either...

Vaati's got a steep hill to climb with all the competition for a Zelda Newcomer, as well as his lack of support overall...

At least Vaati may have a shot in Hyrule Warriors now that the Toon zelda games are represented...

----
Want: 0%
Nope...Not really interested, for Zelda Newcomers give me Midna or Impa, after Ganon I'll take the Skull Kid or Ghirahim for Zelda Villains...My left over wants are pretty much left with Tetra...

----

And now for Mr. Miles Prower...Miles Prower...Miles Per Hour...Eye C whot U did thar Sega!

Miles Tails Prower

Chance: 25%
I think his chances are better than most third parties given the fact that his series is already present within the game (and him as well with a very minor stage cameo that can be Alfonzo'd out easily)...

Tails is a gaming icon that is pretty much on the same level as Luigi...Tails is probably the second most iconic sidekick behind only Luigi. Tails is a character that has been apart of the Sonic franchise since the beginning and is as much a staple as his titlar buddy...

When it comes to Sega, Bayonetta is hogging a lot of the attention from fans, but I still have my doubts that she just doesn't hold any iconism at least in the same regards as Tails...not to mention Tails doesn't have the whole 'watering down the M rating' issue...Plus he's got a lot of potential for a viable moveset using all of his gadgetry, as well as a Spin Dash similar to Sonic's and an Up B that would work like Duck Hunt's or Villager's

The main thing is...Ballot Support, most people want other third party franchises represented, and as big as the Sonic franchise is most don't really care for a second Sonic rep, those that do may want Knuckles or Shadow more...Also there's whether or not Sakurai is willing to add a second Sonic character, or another Third Party, but the advantage that Tails has over most Third Parties...Sakurai already has the rights to use him since he's already in the game...So Third Party limitations are moot...It's just whether or not he will....

----

Want: 75%
Tails would be kinda cool, probably one of my more wanted Third Parties, behind the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Shantae, and Banjo & Kazooie... Potential for a viable moveset with his gadgetry as stated, as well as being an icon in his own right to stand amoung the Third Party elite, which includes his buddy...The sonic franchise is the only Recurring Third Party franchise in Smash so far and is liekly going to be regular in Smash from here on out, unless Sega pulls a Konami....Though if that happens and Sega gets in the sh*tter, I'm sure Nintendo will bail them out as they have been on very good terms lately, such is the case with Bayonetta 2...

Either way Tails...would be a cool addition and if revealed just imagine the hype from the community...

----

Predictions:
Absol: 0.5%
Sorry @ Delzethin Delzethin ...Absol would be a cool addition but it is THE definition of a long shot...

Sora: 5.6%
I'm expecting some inflated scores because 'ZOMG KEY BLADEZZZ'...but keep in mind Sora is not owned by Square Enix, he is owned by Disney! 4th party developer that isn't really well known for video games...unlikely to contribute anybody for Smash, and is technically competing with Nintendo's Amiibos with their Disney Infinity series...

----

Nominations:
Concept: DLC Adventure Mode x3
Concept: New Metroid Prime Stage x2

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Tails:
Chance: 4%

Tails is a third party character which from the bat, gives him less of a chance. Followed by the fact that he's another Sega and another Sonic rep, I don't see him happening.
Want: 10%
I have no real connection with Tails although I do prefer him over other choices like Shadow and Silver.

Vaati:
Chance: 8%

Vaati doesn't have that much of a chance compared to what he has to get over. Impa is easily the most requested Zelda newcomer and he hasn't been seen in a while. Then again, he is one of the only reoccurring Zelda villains and provides a unique moveset.
Want: 65%
A proper wind mage would be awesome. I personally don't have any connections with Vaati, but I like the idea of him and I like the Toon style that he is.

Predictions:
Absol: 2%
Sora: 2%

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh 5x

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Tails:

Chance: 2%

Definitely not my favorite Sonic character. And after Sakurai's quote, I feel that there won't be too many characters left. Tails is just someone I don't see happening.

Vaati:

Chance: 6%
Want: 75%

If you asked me prior to this games' release, I'd give him a higher rating. Still would like to see him, but I don't really care to much about that series to begin with.

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt x5
... I notice that it was gone in the list, was that because Ryu was confirmed?

D

Deleted member

Tails

Chance: 10%

I wholeheartedly agree with Brawler's opinion.
Now... hear me out on this.
I do think that a 2nd Sonic character is pretty plausible now with the addition of Ryu.
Why? Ryu shows that a company can get a second character, meaning that a second Sonic character can happen. While Sega has its other franchises, they arguably aren't as influential or as popular as Sonic.
The Sonic fans will demand for a second character and we have some pretty iconic characters within this franchise that I bet will do pretty OK on the ballot. The three that stand out to me are Tails (the sidekick, Sonic's Luigi), Knuckles (the popular echidna that doesn't chuckle and rather flex his muscles), and Eggman (the main villain).
And while he is a background element in Green Hill Zone for the 3DS, it can simply be removed, much like if you play on Dream Land with King Dedede.
Now, I think the series has a 30% chance of getting a new character, 10% each for Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman. I don't think the chances are high because I don't think that the same case with a Capcom character will happen again, but I will not deny the possibility.
Want: 100%

As a Sonic fan myself, I can't say I'm against this.

Vaati

Chance: 1%

This rating would be higher if Vaati were a more significant, recurring, and iconic antagonist of the Zelda series. He also lacks ballot support compared to vastly more popular Zelda characters.

In my opinion, he would be better suited for a stage boss role.

Predictions:

Sora - 2.5%

So... Disney is the sole owner of Sora, huh? That's a huge problem.

Absol - 1%

Nominations:

@KingBro1 wins for Bomberman.

Young Link x10

Last edited by a moderator:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hold up. If you don't know enough about a character to give a fair judgment on them, abstain from rating them. Don't give them double zeroes instead and skew the results.
This happens a lot in this thread, but this happened a lot to Crash too so its not too much fret about.

Nominations:
Rhythm Heaven team consisting of popular characters (signature) x5

NNID
Majorasmask66
Tails

Sakurai might feel we have enough third party characters... might. The biggest problem however is that he would be a second sonic rep. He doesn't have a specific role like an assist trophy so it's possible but highly unlikely.

I just don't care about him and don't want another Sonic character or second rep of a third party series in general.

Vaati

Chance: 10% competition with Impa and he doesn't have the same support as Impa and not alot in general. He would add another villain which may boost his chances.

Want: 4%

Nominations

Hades x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Tails chances: 0.05%
Another Sega character. Nuff said.
... oh wait

Boom! A fan-made rule got destroyed. The floodgates opened!
Okay then...

Tails actual chances: 5.7%
Okay sure Ryu got in in spite of Mega Man already being in the initial game, but what does that mean about Tails' chances? It has been shown that being from the same company as another character already in Smash is pretty much a non-issue as long as you're iconic and has a strong historical influence on Nintendo, but what about two characters from the same third-party series? Well, to be honest, I'd say it would be possible if you had a strong influence on Nintendo as well, but while Mega Man and Ryu influenced Nintendo in different ways, Sonic and Tails are from the same series that rivaled Mario and his universe before the Gamecube era, so there is a lot of overlap between them. At the same time Tails is admittedly a Luigi-esque gaming icon on his own right, and he's certainly above the likes of Knuckles, Amie Rose, and maybe Dr. Eggman when it comes to star power, basically only losing to Sonic. I don't think he's very likely, but with a more open mind about third-party series getting more than one character, he's definitely possible. At least more likely than all those Mega Man series characters who get in a Mii costumes.

Oh and by the way, I don't think his cameo as a stage element in Green Hill Zone on the 3DS version means anything about his chances. If the developers want to make Tails playable, they just have to give him the King Dedede treatment; just make sure he doesn't appear in the background when he's fighting. Well, unless it's technically impossible to disable the script that makes Tails appear in the background, due to this stage being admittedly not initially programmed to remove a certain background element contrary to Dream Land 64, but I think a such scenario is unlikely. Overall I think Tails has an okay shot for SSB4 DLC, and definitely a better one than most third-parties, though the apparent lack of vocal support could hold him back.

Tails want: 40%
As a Luigi-esque gaming icon, I'd be fine with him. On the other hand, the influence he had on Nintendo heavily overlaps with Sonic, and considering I don't like the later's Smash moveset (which doesn't excite me to look at and he's my least favourite character to play as) it also diminishes my want to see Tails playable. I think he'd make sense as a playable character in Smash Bros., but there are a few factors that prevent me to be excited about his potential inclusion.

-----

Vaati chances: 0.34%
One of the many Legend of Zelda villains, but he lacks Ganondorf's sheer iconicness and influence, and the games he appeared in are not the most fondly remembered ones. I don't really see him getting him when other Legend of Zelda villains with comparably or in arguably in some cases more influent appearances like Skull Kid or Ghirahim are not playable. Appearing in more than one title is I suppose his saving grace.

Vaati want: 10%
I'm not exactly opposed, but... I have no reason to personally want him.

-----

Absol prediction: 1.47%
An arguably kind of standing-out Pokémon... but most likely not enough to get into Smash as playable.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Tails

Vaati

Chance: 2%

Want: 1%

Predictions: Absol 0.50 %

Predictions: Sora 2%

Nominations: Sami X5.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Tails:
Chance: 7% Tails has a chance, especially since third parties can get multiple characters now, he's highly demanded, and is a very iconic figure. Unfortunately, there's a few more iconic Sonic Characters, , named Dr. Eggman and Knuckles, so that hurts him quite a bit.
Want: 30% I'd like him, and he'd probably be unique, don't get me wrong, but I'd much rather see Dr. Eggman get in instead.

Vaati:
Chances: 15% I think he's the secod most likely Zelda newcomer, after Impa, so he should be pretty likely, but he's got way too much competition at this point for me to see him as likely at all.
Want: 70% A giant Flying Eyeball/Mage who is not only a suitable rep but has wind powers? I'm set.

Predictions: Absol: 2% Somewhat popular 3rd gen pokemon that has special unique characteristics.
Sora: 20% Watch as people overrate sporadically with complete lunacy and spark a million flamewars. Tomorrow is going to be entertaining, that's for sure.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Fly in the wind...
Before the storm comes...

Miles Prower:

Third parties always had some kind of doom surrounding them, followed by a wall of fan rules.
Now with Ryu, this Tabuu has been cleared a bit, but not all.

There's still the "Gaming Icon"-thing and arguably the "One per company"-rule has slightly shift to the "One per series"-rule.

Let's tackle the last one first.
I feel like the third parties in Smash are all made to make this the biggest crossover yet.

Mostly heard when Pac-Man was revealed, Sakurai stressed how cool and fanboyism inducing it was to have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man fighting in the same ring, with Ryu added later and Snake cut.

This kinda confirms my guess that "cross-over" is the magic word here.
In other words, would Tails, or another third party, add to the line-up above in how cool it is to have Third Party X fight the rest of the roster.

An unrepped series works wonders for this, after all, not only do you let characters crossover, you also have that entire series be there alongside Mario's.

But I feel Tails has this crossover-factor in his favor, being the eternal sidekick to the eternal hero.
It would be great to see him fight other sidekicks like Luigi, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Falco, and every other sidekick in Smash.

I hope I don't have to tackle the first one too, we all know Tails is iconic.

Green Hill Zone is honestly not a hurdle (Olympic joke)
Sakurai has been shown to be overly-secure when it comes to this.
He removed the Big Blue Pinata Pixel Penguin when the real DeDeDe is on stage.
And he replaced Train Lonk with Alfonzo when his two times taller train-less timeline twin is on-stage.

But this also shows Sakurai can just remove Tails from the Hill Zone when the playable Tails is fighting.
There are a gazillion one-time Sonic almost-OCs that can happily take his place to Alfonzo around.

What his hurdle is, is his support.
As Sonic would say: "You're to loohooow"
Because it is.
Tails' ballot support is virtually non-existing.

And there's also the various statements Sakurai had.
No adding third parties wily-nily.
Fan service until the end.
Several characters left.

All in all, I doubt Sakurai would choose specifically him, but he can fly over the third party hurdles if he wanted.

Want: 80%
Smash Flash Main

Vaati
Chance: 3.5%
Competition.
That's the key word Vaati is stopped by.

With Tetra, Toon Zelda, Impa, Young Link, Ganon, Wolf Link and Midna, and even King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule finding a new spotlight, mostly through Hyrule Warriors, there's very little room for Vaati.

While a NPC masacre in the Metroid-department has killed off the chances of everybody but Sylux, there's still a lot of choices for the Zelda newcomer, despite Tingle, Ghirahim and Midna being ATs.

And we might not even get a Zelda newcomer!

It's very ironic, in his source game, he was defeated because there were multiple Links.
Here, he's defeated because there are multiple popular and important choices for a new Zelda-character.

He has very little time left before he's gone with the wind and he'll be part of the past.

Want: 20%
Wouldn't exactly welcome him (I support almost all of his competition), but a windbox character in Super Mario Windbox U Uprising would actually be really cool.

Sora: 3.4%
Absol: 3.4%

Azura x5

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
CRASH
CHANCE: 1.37%
WANT: 34.13%

BOMBERMAN
CHANCE: 5.14%
WANT: 55.44%
Next up we're rating Sonic's sidekick Tails tails Vaati of Legend of Zelda fame. Also please predict what score Absol and Sora (both at 179 nominations) will get tomorrow.
Can we please save Sora's vote for Sunday? I'm gonna be really busy tomorrow and won't have enough time to even say my piece.

Vaati

The mostly forgotten villain of the Zelda universe, his support pales in comparison to Impa... Or even Toon Zelda.

Want: 70%
He's a Zelda villain with a good potential for a unique moveset, who wouldn't want him in?

Tails

Chance: 50%
Even I was shocked by the amount of support this guy was getting. With his competition mainly being Shadow and Knuckles( as well as everyone else in the ballot) as well as his huge following, he has a great window of opportunity to join.

Nothing against Tails, I just prefer Shadow the Hedgehog more.

Nomination: Sora x5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Miles 'Tails' Prower, the kitsune genius of Sega! ...:nifty:Yep, that's a pun.
Chance: 19%
Of the possible choices for a second Sega character, some of the characters that come to mind are the friends of Sonic - from Tails, Knuckles or Shadow. All of them have plenty of potential in some form or another though Tails could be given a higher priority over some of the other characters given his legacy. As others mentioned, he's basically the Luigi of the Sonic series and one of the most well loved characters in the franchise. With Ryu, we've got proof a third-party company can have at least 2 characters to represent them.

Wouldn't be opposed in the slightest! Tails would be a pretty cool addition if they decide Sonic could go for a second Sega character.

Vaati Chance: 5%
I think Vaati's current competition might stand in the way of him getting playable, and his support base is pretty small.
Want: Abstain

Nominations: Isaac (GS) X5

Absol prediction: 5.87%
If we decide on it tomorrow, I'll give Sora a 4.21% prediction. I wonder if the King of Crossovers has what it takes to fight characters like Mario...

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I'll have a go at this:

Tails Chances: 30%
I think some people underestimate Tails's chances as DLC. His chances have gone up significantly with Ryu being the second Capcom rep, and should Sega get a second rep, I can't imagine anyone other than another Sonic rep. Tails, aside from lack of Ballot Support, lacks any other issues to prevent his inclusion as DLC.

Tails Want: 90%
Only character I want more is Wolf.

Vaati Chances: 15%
Probably the only Zelda character besides Impa to not already be in a predefined role in Smash 4. As such, he has a somewhat higher chance than most potental candidates from the Zelda series. However, he lacks much support anywhere, with most of it going to fellow candidate Impa.

Vaati Want: 5%
Never really cared for him.

Absol Prediction: 4.00%
Sora Prediction: 3.74%

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Can we please save Sora's vote for Sunday? I'm gonna be really busy tomorrow and won't have enough time to even say my piece.
Sure no problem, most of Sora's nominations were your's anyway. We'll just do Absol tomorrow, I'd like to take a short break from doing double ratings.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Tails AND Vaati? On the same day?

It's like christmas has come early for me as these two are wanted almost as much as the guys in my sig. Had Vaati have been in Hyrule Warriors, Impa probably wouldn't even have my support now.

Tails

Simply not happening...for Smash 4 at least. A second Sonic character gets bound around quite a lot, and statistically Tails is the most popular after the blue blur himself.

I pride myself on being a fairly sensible Smash fan. I understand why not everyone wants third parties to take over the show. I understand why Tails has been looked down upon with scornful eyes in the past.

Unfortunately, this does little to prevent my brain from remembering Tails was my very first video game character, playing Sonic 2 around an estranged friends house as his second player. Tails overall is probably my third favourite video game character of all time right after my username members.

It'd be nice to remind Sonic Team, and yes, the world; that Tails can fight. Before he was Sonic's Otakon, Tails used to be able to keep up with Sonic, spindash as well as Sonic and fly. He was basically Sonic but better. Cut to modern day and Tails is no where near as fast as Sonic is, seems to have forgotten how to spindash in half the games and rarely fights outside rather poorly received games like Sonic Boom and Sonic 4.

Vaati
Chance: 0%

Not happening at this point in Smash 4. Vaati's simply not popular enough with the Smash populace.

Not reoccurring enough? Let me tell you; Vaati is the second most reoccurring villain after Ganon(dorf) himself. With three games under his belt as the MAIN antagonist, Vaati's reoccurred far more than Skull Kid, Ghirahim or Zant has. Well maybe with Ghirahim, since there's a theory Ghirahim and Vaati are the same person reincarnated...but I digress. You want a toon villain, the best option is Vaati.

Vaati, whilst not popular with the Smash community, is actually pretty popular amongst the Zelda community, and one of the few characters fans wanted to see in Hyrule Warriors who didn't get in(others being Skull Kid and Groose). What is interesting about this is this was prior to Tetra and King of Red Lion's appearances in the 3DS version making it clear Toon characters fit just fine...a lot of fans wanted Vaati in regardless if his art style totally clashed with the rest of the cast.

Four Swords Adventures is one of my favourite Zelda experiences and the Wind Mage is a great reminder of the fun times I had on that game with three friends trying to take him down...even if we were our own biggest opponents on that quest.

Should of been in Hyrule Warriors though. Seriously.

Absol prediction: 0.2%
Sora prediction: 2.7%

Nomination: Isaac X 5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
This reminds me of when I did everything to prevent the "DLC characters get custom moves" concept rating to happen during a day when I wasn't available.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Tails's Chance: 50%

The only argument against Tails was the "one character per company" mentality, but as we all know, Ryu puts that to rest. I find it hard to believe that Sonic characters aren't collecting up lots of votes; they may not be so popular with vocal Smash Bros fans, but I'm absolutely certain there are bunch of younger fans asking for these characters. I honestly think Tails has a pretty decent shot.

Tails's Want: 80%

While I feel there are too many Mario and Fire Emblem characters, I also feel, despite third party status, that the Sonic series shouldn't be left with only Sonic as a solo act. Tails is undoubtedly iconic enough and has plenty of abilities to differentiate from Sonic to make a great Smash Bros fighter. Of course, I'd rather Eggman first, but welcome Tails with open arms.

----------

Vaati's Chance: 30%

Back in the pre-Brawl days, I would have considered Vaati a more likely candidate due to his reoccurring nature. However, the character has been MIA since then. It doesn't help he has little-to-no fan support.

Vaati's Want: 50%

The Zelda roster is pretty good they way it is and I'd rather not see it become over-bloated like that of Mario. I'm ok with the series possibly getting one more character as long as it's not another clone, ie Young Link. Vaati isn't a bad choice, I wish they'd do more with the character again since I like there being a different baddie other than Ganon all the time.

Tails
Chance 5%
I wonder who is more likely from sega. Bayonetta or tails?
History and a silent but existing fanbase vs an awkward history and a loud fanbase. Hmmm.

Want 50%
Only sega character i woukd like

Vaati
chance 0%

Want abstain

Absol 1.62%

Nom
agnes 3
next smssh has new director 2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Tails

Chance - 4.5% - Some may say Ryu may have raised his chances, but I don't see that all too much. Ryu has a pre-determined feeling, and I'm not certain he's got quite what it takes to get in.

Want - 20% - Sorry, really want another character from another series. If Snake, Pac-Man and Ryu have thought me one thing, it's that I'd rather have a smaller icon who's more fun to play as than a bigger icon who's admittedly pretty darn boring. I dislike what Ryu brings, and Pac-Man plays dully and uninteresting to me. I'd take a Shin Mega Tensi (however you spell that) character over him.

Vaati

Chance - 1.75% - Used to be fairly popular, but now a lack of appearances has caused him to dwindle. He's slowly whiting away, so he's not likely at all.

Want - 80% - Hey, next to Tetra, he's my second most wanted Zelda Character.

Woo, more extra Nominations!

Secondary Ballot X10

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'll keep it short

Tails
Both 0%
NO

Vaati
Chance 1%
A forgotten Zelda villain
Want 1%
There are many other Zelda characters I want first.

Prediction
Absol 1.2%
Sora 4.1%

Nominate all veterans returning x5

Laniv

Smash Champion
Tails:

Chance: 11%
If we're getting a second SEGA character, it's him. Or Bayonetta. Or Knuckles. Or Eggman. Wow, a lot more competition than I thought...

Want: 95%
My favorite Sonic character.

Vaati:

Chance: 7%
Vaati is the Geno of the Zelda series: really requested pre-Brawl, but pretty much fell off the charts pre-Smash 4, to make way for Ghirahim and Impa.

Want: 33%
Still want Impa.

Predictions for Absol: 5% Chance, 18% Want
Predictions for Sora: 7% Chance, 27% Want

Nominate Medusa x 5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Tails

Want: 5%
I like Tails, he's probably my favorite Sonic character, even over Sonic himself. I remember playing Sonic 2 on the Genesis where I always chose Tails over Sonic as the PC. In Smash, though...I dunno. I'd prefer 3rd parties stay away, but the Sonic series is a special case since they have so much history with Nintendo, albeit as rivals. Now with the whole Mario vs. Sonic sports series, it really seems like they're part of the team.
However, there's not too much to differentiate Tails gameplay-wise. I may have wanted him a lot in the Melee/Brawl era, but now, I'd rather 1st party snubs to get in.
I know a lot of people are looking at Ryu as a whole "Oop, Capcom got 2 reps so now Sega and Namco both need a second!" but remember, we were never guaranteed a first in either case. Nothing is guaranteed, and every time the community makes up a rule, a bunch of people down- or up-rate because of this rule that someone pulled out of their nether regions. I think that any character is mainly competing based on series, and has the same standards to hold to. After all, Mega Man has a gear as a symbol and Ryu an SF, not both a Capcom logo. Besides, there are a few community rules that I really want to see broken since there's no merit behind them, like "NPCs can never ever be playable because reasons!"
Vaati
Chance 1%
Want 0%
No thanks. There are way too many other Zelda representatives that are way higher in importance. Vaati's really only known to the handheld Zelda players, and even then, he's not in the most recent ones. Besides, Zelda by nature is much better known for its console games, which do not include him. I feel like the Zelda character popularity contest was already held in HW, and Vaati did not show there. And I hate the cartoony direction as well, so that's another point against him.
I'd much prefer to see Midna or Ghirahim get promoted. My dream is for HW Ganondorf to replace the current Black Shadow wannabe, but that's never gonna happen.
Absol prediction: 2.1%

Nom: Classic mode x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
TOUCH FLUFFY TAIL

Tails

Chances: 5%

If Ryu didn't exist I'd give him four percent less. With additional third party reps being possible now, Tails stands out as the more consistently requested SEGA character besides Bayonetta. But are SEGA and Namco getting additional characters if Capcom did? Who knows.

SEGA has no newcomers that I'd really want, so in the event they added another company character, Tails would at least be logical to me.

Vaati

Double abstain

Never touched a Zelda game.

Predictions:

Absol: 3%
Sora: 6%

Nominate: Delphox x5

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Hold up. If you don't know enough about a character to give a fair judgment on them, abstain from rating them. Don't give them double zeroes instead and skew the results.
I never said I didn't know enough. I have played bomber man I just care about the character... They came as a pair so I assumed we had to rate both. And I would really like to know why the hell you decided to SINGLE ME OUT when PLENTY of people gave Crash double Zeroes and Bomberman a rating.

Crash

Bomberman

Predictions: Tails 5%

Predictions: Vaati 5%

Nominations: Sami X5.
He gave them ALL zeros You didn't say anything to him...

Bomberman Want: 30%
Could make a cool character and although I prefer Veteran Snake solely for his veteran status, Bomberman would fit in nicely.

Everything Else: 0%

Prediction
Tails: 3%
Vaati: 8%

Nominate all veterans returning x5
"Everything else Zeroes? Didn't say anything to this user either

You know you have 10 nominations right?

Anyways,

Crash
All Zeroes

Bomberman
Chance: Abstain
Konami's involved in this rating and I dunno how bad it is over there.

Want: 50%

Azura x5

Tails: 5.4%
Vaati: 4.6%
Crash All Zeroes but chose to Abstain Bomberman. You didn't say anything to him.

Crash
He's third party and isn't really that popular or relevant.

Bomberman
A classic series from older nintendo consoles but, isn't relevant anymore.

Nominate veterans coming back (with the exeption of IC's and Young Link) x5.

-Crash:
Chances: 0%

-Bomberman:
Chances: 1%
Want: 99%

-Nominations:
!Rerate Chibi-Robo X5
Oh but when I give Crash a better rating than Bomberman you are all up in arms about it.

Crash
Want: 0% ... no thanks

Bomberman
Want: 90% I would love to play as him, with a lot of bombs, kicks, kangaroos and stuff. If we can get another __man, Bomberman is the Man!

Vaati prediction: 6%
Tails prediction: 10%

Nominations: Ryu Hayabusa x5
Even worse Someone else did the SAME EXACT THING to Crash AGAIN even after you singled me out and STILL you said nothing to them but yet I'm the one "skewing" results? Dude whatever...

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I never said I didn't know enough. I have played bomber man I just care about the character... They came as a pair so I assumed we had to rate both. And I would really like to know why the hell you decided to SINGLE ME OUT when PLENTY of people gave Crash double Zeroes and Bomberman a rating.

He gave them ALL zeros You didn't say anything to him...

"Everything else Zeroes? Didn't say anything to this user either

Crash All Zeroes but chose to Abstain Bomberman. You didn't say anything to him.

Oh but when I give Crash a better rating than Bomberman you are all up in arms about it.

Even worse Someone else did the SAME EXACT THING to Crash AGAIN even after you singled me out and STILL you said nothing to them but yet I'm the one "skewing" results? Dude whatever...
Crash has no chances, he is a character from the competition and has practically no support in the ballot.
He is like Banjo, but without popularity (and Banjo is really unlikely, lol).
Bomberman, even with all the problems Konami has, is pretty popular, and that's the most important thing in a ballot.

I'm pretty sure Delzethin did that because you said "I don't care" and then you posted a meme.
There are some users here that just don't know how to play and post incredibly biased scores, he thought you were one of them.
Also, lol, calm down, it's just a post.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Tails
Chance: 40%
With Ryu confirming 3rd parties can get two characters, plus Tails getting a surprising amount of support, he seems pretty likely. Plus his only logical competition being Knuckles and Eggman (and Shadow if assist trophies get promoted).
Want: 80%

Vaati
Want: 1%

Absol Prediction: 1.78%
Sora Prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Shadow x5

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Tails - Clocking him at _____ miles per hour

Chance
15% - Tails has little holding him back save from being third party. He does appear on Green Hill Zone, but Toon Link and King Dedede have proven this to be of little problem. However, while Ryu and Mega Man are both from Capcom, they are two completely different series. Sonic and Tails are from a series that are one in the same, and SEGA might want to show off another series like... well darn, they really don't have much else do they? I suppose they have Monkey Ball and Nights, but, that's about it.

Want
45% - Eh, nothing against him really. In fact, Tails is one of my favorite Sonic characters. However, his abilities (save his flight) are pretty similar to Sonic's. The 2D Sonic games have always kept the two pretty similar, with slight differences in game play. The only game that spun away from that was Sonic Adventure 2, which honestly, for me, wasn't very fun to play as. Now, Eggman in SA2 was fun to play as. But they are the same thing, so why was Eggman more fun than Tails? Because the style of game play fit with Eggman. With Tails, I just felt cheated that I had to play as him without his real abilities. Hence, my preferred 2nd Sonic choice is none other than:
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Vaati - Gee, over the years, I suppose his chances have, "deMinished" [cue drum noises]

Chance
20% - Aside from appearances recently, and lack of ballot support, nothing really holds him back in my opinion. Multiple appearances, check. Villain, check. A series that could do with another rep, check. A magic user, bonus, check. I actually think people are selling him out short. His resume looks pretty decent.

Want
71.5% - Why such an odd want? I don't know, it was really an "in between" kind of feeling. I would definitely like seeing Vaati in the game, heck, I think he has a decent shot at Hyrule Warriors 3DS, bringing him back from hiatus. The only other character I like to believe gives him a run for his money is Impa. Why is that, with the other "competitors" around? Well...

Tetra/Toon Zelda - Do we need three versions of Zelda in one Smash? Zelda and Sheik are the same person at heart, and seeing on of these two confirmed makes it look like we're hurting for Zelda characters, when we actually have unique choices from such a large series.

Tingle - No one has mentioned him, for one reason only. Assist Trophy. Poor guy.

Midna/Girahim - This one probably baffles me the most. Smash is about Nintendo's all stars, and these two, are one shot characters. Sure, they had Hyrule Warriors, but so did other one shots, like Fi, Zant, and Agitha (probably the oddest one). You're expecting me to take these guys who were meant for one game before someone reoccurring? No thanks.

I know I came off as a bit harsh, especially with Midna and Girahim, but I was trying to explain my want for Vaati over those characters. I apologize if I upset supporters of those characters, it wasn't my intent.:)

Predictions
Absol - Um... Gen. 3, Mega Evolution, but... so is Sceptile, another popular Gen. 3 Choice. 2%
Sora - N/A (if we're holding off on him, I'll save this predicion for that time.)

Nominations
Dr. Eggman X5

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Tails?

I don't want multiple reps per third party company PERIOD. We already have Ryu throwing that out of balance.

Vaati

I do enjoy the four swords games AND minish cap, but I don't see it happening.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
As far as I knew, you were new to the thread. It seemed like you were making an honest mistake, and I felt compelled to say something.

Now that I look back, though, I think saw you in the original thread. My mistake.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Tails
Chance: 50%
I would've said 2%, until Ryu came pretty much blowing the 3rd party rule out of the window, He's one of the most iconic Sonic characters alongside Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver
(ala Cleveland Brown) SONIC FAN OVER HERE!
Vaati
Nominations:
TalimX5(SoulCalibur)

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say "no thanks" about crash with no reasons, I give him double 0's because: first, chances, he was Sony's "mascot" for few years, but lack the popularity/charisma of Sonic,and has little (and really lackluster) history with nintendo, maybe someone want him as a first priority, but has really low chances... and for Want, I really don't want him, not even to punch him... sorry to make you mad, but opinions are opinions. in the Bub/Bob day (my longshot character) I abstain my vote to see the results without my own vias... and they crashed badly...
___
Tails
Chances: 15% having Ryu as 2nd Capcom rep is good for him...
Want: 15% I don't really like him that much..

Vaati
Chances: 10% Zelda needs more reps, Smash needs more antagonists, Vaati doesn't have that much support...
Want: 85% I enjoyed the games where he was the villain, he has a good look and a lot of forms to attack...

Predictions
Absol: 4%

Noms
Mallo (pushmo) x5

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Vaati

Double abstain: I haven't played The Minish Cap nor the Four Swords games, so I don't know much about him.

Tails

Want: 50%

Not really a big fan of the Sonic franchise, though he'd pretty of cool to have~

Predictions:

Absol: 3%
Sora: N/A - I'll save the prediction for Sunday.

Nominate:
Gardevoir x5

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice Just a question. Did my last nominations count? It's fine if it didn't, I'm just wondering~

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Tails 2%
Ryu =/= Tails
Unlike Ryu,Tails is a character from a third party franchise that is ALREADY represented in Smash
Sega has other IPs and the only reason I could see it happening is with the ballot support that he doesn't has :ohwell:
Want 5%

Vaati: Abstain

Moonstruck Blossom x 5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Tails:

Ryu open the door to Iconic characters... Maybe?

Want: 55%

I'm okay with him, I like use Tails in other games because his fly ability.

Vaati:

In general Zelda has muh reps want... But he doesn't have like Impa recent Spotlight.

I'm okay wi... Wait a minute... A Character from Zelda that actually can be something cool and don't only a "rep"... And also is a magic user? He has my seal of approved!

Predictions: Absol and Sora

Absol Chance: 3.5%
Sora Chance: 4%

Nominatons:

Adeleine x5

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tails:
Ryu opens the door for Sega having another rep and characters from other Sega IP's have minimal requests unless they are from Japan centric games (Arle Nadja) or characters from a cult classic series that crossover with Sonic on occasions (NiGHTS). But Tails is a pretty popular character and I'm sure there are people voting for him. The only real obstacle I can imagine is the third party limitations for DLC, which is huge given fans would rather have first party fan favorites.
Second favorite character in the series next to Eggman and my Sonic Battle main. I don't really mind him being playable in Super Smash Flash 2, but seeing him in Smash would be so delightful. As long as they don't nerf his godly Magic Hand attacks.

Vaati:
Chance: 8%
While he is a reoccurring villain, his relevance to the series as a whole is minimal at best. Impa, Tetra, and many other Zelda characters overshadow him in requests and he never had an appearance in a recent title (Not even in Hyrule Warriors).
Want: 85%
A proper wind mage would be awesome. I liked the games that involved him and he was a quite the charismatic villain (but not as much as Ghirahim and Ganny Poo). I just want to see my Wind Mage back in action Sakurai! :(

Predictions:
Absol: 2%
Sora: 2%

Nominations:
Style Savvy x5

Top Bottom