• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
So source gaming translated some old stuff, then everyone goes on to rate Krystal's chance? What does that even...

Is that really needed?
Well... yeah. She's a character talked a fair amount about and opinions of characters do shift over time. It would nice to see where she currently falls in terms of chances and want.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So source gaming translated some old stuff, then everyone goes on to rate Krystal's chance? What does that even...

Is that really needed?
What article?

Anyway,
Pirate Ship:
Chance: 25%
Well, the obvious trend has been to include popular past stages, even if we've got only Smash 64 stages till now. Brawl uses the same file formats as Smash 4, so it shouldn't be too hard to port Brawl stages, I'd say.

Want: 100%
I love Toon Link. I love Wind Waker. And I absolutely loved the stage and the music. So all of my yes.
:231:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Well, I don't think it would affect Krystal's chances in any way now. Time constraints are far fewer and less problematic with DLC; Krystal's scores probably won't change much.
I think for us Krystal fans, it's nice to see that Sakurai at least acknowledged her. Forgive us if we seem excitable.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Smash Tour Update's Chance: 25%
I don't see them upgrading any modes via DLC, unless you count DLC characters and stages that appear in this mode, which they do.

Smash Tour Update's Want: 100%
Yes, I am serious, I think Smash Tour is a lot of fun and highly underrated. It's not perfect and it'd be nice to have some new boards and maybe the option to use custom stages in it.

----------

Pirate Ship's Chance: Abstain
It could go either way, so far DLC past stages have been from the N64 game, but Melee and Brawl stages could come down the pipes later. I question if the 3DS could handle the low gravity portion, but it should be ok otherwise despite being weird lacking the ability to swim.

Pirate Ship's Want: 100%
It was a fun stage that I'd love to have back. There haven't been much in the way of swimmable water on the Wii U game, so this would be a welcome addition. My friends and I used to have a great deal of fun trying to dunk each other with Ganondorfs on this stage.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Sakurai: It’s not that I don’t understand how that feels, but if you start saying that, it becomes “Why isn’t Waddle Dee playable?” or Dry Bones, or Baby Peach. There’d be no end to it.
lol.

Anyway, obviously this game got out of hand yesterday. I'm glad I wasn't here for it.

Smash Tour Update
Chances: 10%
Want: 0%

Pirate Ship
Chances: 15%
Want: 40%

Nominations:
Ballot Runner Up in SSB5 x 5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Pirate Ship:

Chance: 35%
Want: 85%

I liked this stage! I'm surprised it's gone.

Smash Tour Updates:

Chance: 30%
Want: 15%

It could use some help, but I don't think updates will fix it.

Nominations:
Paper Mario Theatre Stage x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Pirate Ship
Chance: 50%
If Sakurai decides to bring back more Brawl stages, this seems pretty likely
My favorite Brawl stage and one of the best stages ever

Smash Tour
Chance: 5%
I don't see it happening
I really enjoy this mode, and what can be wrong about more content

Sturm Prediction: .83%
Dixie Kong Prediction: 55.81%

Nominations:
Omanyte x5

Laniv

Smash Champion
Pirate Ship:

Chance: Abstain

Want: 50%
Meh.

Smash Tour Updates:

Want: 70%
What it needs is a complete overhaul.

Predictions for Sturm: 0.6% Chance, 12% Want
Predictions for Dixie Kong: 67% Chance, 84% Want

Nominate Captain Syrup x 5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pirate Ship
Chance: 10%

Most of the tracks for the stage are already used, meaning they would have to resort to ripping songs from the game itself. Chances of it coming back are more that likely low because of that alone.

Want: 25%

I like the stage, but I seriously do not want it to conflict with Gangplank Galleon (assuming that K. Rool will be added).

Smash Tour update

Chances and Want:

Easily the worst thing ever to exist in Smash by a huge margin. I doubt Sakurai would even want to update a mode that got so mach flak from the fans nor would they care about any other updates.

Sturm prediction: 1%
Dixie Kong prediction: 36%

Nominations: Mini-Kangaroo x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Abstaining from Pierat Ship.

More Smash Tour Content:

Chance and Want: Double zeroes.

Smash Run hasn't gotten anything new, so why Tour should get it is baffling. And I don't like the mode either.

Predictions:

Sturm: 0.70%
Dixie Kong: 40%

Nominate: Frigate Orpheon x5

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Pirate Ship:

Chance and Want: Abstain

Smash Tour Removal Update:

Chance: 20%

I never really cared for ST. I played it a few times and I had fun, but for the most part the mode is relatively boring so some changes would be nice. Doubt it would happen, though, not many people care for the mode and it could be a waste of money and resources to update a mode that's hardly used anyway.

Want: 10%

I wouldn't care if it got updated.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This. The first guy mentioned it and put 35 nominations on Krystal. It's published like 4 months after brawl, but translated just now.
Well, to be honest, a handful of us have thought for a while that she got unfairly rated the first time. Some hypocrisy within the ratings and a general feeling that bashing her was the trendy thing to do. This article just kind of worked as a catalyst.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Pirate Ship
Chance: 4.2%
Most of the music was taken from it and put into other stages. If the developers had thought that Pirate Ship was a stage they might consider bringing back via DLC, they probably wouldn't have done this. There's also the fact that we haven't gotten any purchasable DLC stages outside of a new one and N64 stages, so the possibility of getting a stage from another iteration of Smash is still up in the air at best. Not to mention that every DLC stage (aside from Miiverse) we've gotten has been available to download for both versions of the game. Since the swimming mechanic isn't present in the 3DS version, it wouldn't be worth making Pirate Ship for it along with the Wii U version. Unless we start getting stages that are only available for a specific version of the game, I'm going to see the concept of Pirate Ship making a return as very unlikely and give it a 4.2%.
The Wind Waker representation seems to have gotten shafted...

This was my favorite stage in Brawl, and I really miss it. I found it a lot of fun to play on, and it helps that Wind Waker is one of my favorite games of all time. Possibly my biggest disappointment with Smash 4 is when I started to realize that Pirate Ship wasn't making a return with no suitable replacement stage based off of Wind Waker HD. If I could choose any past stage to bring back, it would definitely be Pirate Ship.

Smash Tour Updates
Chance: 18.4%
Outside of updating the game whenever a new DLC character becomes available or having to update the game to fix a glitch, I doubt we'll see anything substantial. And there's not really much you can do at this point. The game was made to be a very randomized side attraction to the actual game. Not many fans like it, and the only kind of updates that would make the mode more likable are ones that would change the focus of the game completely. That being a less randomized and more skill based/strategic way of playing through it. I'll give the concept of Smash Tour receiving any updates a score of 18.4%.
I doubt Sakurai cares enough to spend time updating the mode at this point...

Want: 3.6%
I'd rather the developers put their time into updating Tourney Mode.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Schönen guten Abend aus Deutschland!

I do still have internet access, so the nom list will still be updated. But hopefully we don't have another day like yesterday's again... I was kind of glad I missed most of the day until I had to update the nom list all at once...

So, on to today's regularly scheduled programming:

:pirateship:
Chance: 5%
Want: 75%
It was a nice stage from Brawl. One of the few Wind Waker things that didn't make me retch. However, most of the songs are on other stages now. that doesn't mean much, but we'll see.
Smash Tour stuff
Chance: 1%
Want: abstain
This mode needs less of 'extra content' and more of 'complete overhaul'
Sturm prediction: 0.6%
Dixie prediction: 67.2%

Nom: None of the top 3 x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Double Abstain.

Sturm: 0.7%
Dixie: 54.5%

Nominations:

Rerate! Shovel Knight x3
Concept: Ballot Runner-up for Smash 5 x1
Concept: None of the top 3 wanted newcomers x1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pirate Ship:
Chance:Abstain

Want:100%
--------------------------------
Noms:
Cranky Kong X5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Smash Tour update chances: ABSTAIN

Don't know how to rate this.

Don't enjoy the mode at all as it stands.

Pirate Ship's chances: 10%

I was originally going to rate this higher, but other posts reminded me that most of its music is now on other stages. That's not a very good sign. Plus we don't even know if they're going to bring back stages from Melee or Brawl (I think that's likely, but still...).

Definitely my favorite Zelda stage thus far, was disappointed that it didn't return.

Sturm prediction: 0.88%
Dixie Kong rerate prediction: 58.27%

Nominations: Original Xenoblade character x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Pirate Ship
Chance: 10% - I have my doubts, it seems we're pretty much only getting SSB64 stages so far.
Want: 60%

Smash Tour Updates
Chance: 10% - Probably not a priority.
Want: 100% - Yes I'm one of the 10% of fans who actually love this mode and it's my go-to mode for farming collectables (at least when I don't have the money or passes for Crazy Orders). I have a much higher tolerance for luck based games than most people but I can definitely understand why others wouldn't like it. I would love to see it get updated, AND I WANT THEM TO MAKE IT EVEN HARDER!!!!

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Sorry, don't have much time.
Smash Tour Expansion:
Chance - Abstain
Want - 0%
Haven't played much of it, so not qualified on the subject. However, I want it to stay the way it is based on what I have played.

Pirate Ship:
Chance - 20%
Want - 60%
Not much supporting that it'd get in, and I'm not to fond of the stage based on brawl, but I'd much perfer it over another 64 stage.

Predictions:
Abstain

Nominations:
Validar (FE:A) x 3
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 2

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
PIRATE SHIP
CHANCE: 16.75%
WANT: 68.36%

SMASH TOUR UPDATES
CHANCE: 8.17%
WANT: 19.77%
Next up we're rating Sturm from the Wars series and rerating Dixie Kong. Also please predict what score Cranky Kong and the concept of an original Xenoblade character will get tomorrow.

@ Zilexion Zilexion I counted your ratings.

Dixie kong
Chance abstain
Im pretty much certain we are getting A DK character as DLC.
I would abstain from k rool too so i really have no idea.

Want 100%
I prefer her by a long shot to k rool. I just like the character. Plus the fanmade movesets ive seen for her are some of the few i would actually be interseted in playing as many of the movesets made by fans have bored me. From her hair, to guitar to a whole lot more i honestly would love what sakurai would do for a moveset.
Sturm
Double zero.
Lol

Noms
Npc becomed playable 5

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong
Chance: 66%
There are only two characters I consider to have a good shot right now: Wolf and Dixie Kong. A DK rep seems likely, K. Rool is probably out, and Dixie is easily above the others. I'd love to give a higher score here, but I basically thought the same for the base game and that didn't happen. We just never know with Sakurai.

Want: 95%
My most wanted plausible newcomer.

I don't know who Sturm is.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Sturm
Double zeroes

Dixie Kong
Chance: 40%
Want: 25%

Cranky Kong Prediction: 2.58%
Original Xenobalde character prediction: .97%

Nominations:
Omanyte x5

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong

I still think she has a relatively decent chance of happening. I recall giving her 50% before, but as of now, I can't give anyone not named Wolf that score or higher.

Sturm

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

I don't expect an antagonist to get in before a protagonist. This is the B.B. Bandit Trio all over again.

Predictions:

Cranky Kong - 10%

Original Xenoblade Rep - 5%

Nominations: Brash the Friggin' Bear x5

Last edited by a moderator:

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong

Chance: 70%

Either her or K Rool, but unless DK has something in the works then I don't see either happening without the ballot.

Want: 1%

I don't care about DK like that, they got all the reps they need IMO.

Sturm

Prediction

Cranky Kong: 10%

Original Xenoblade Rep: 5%

NiGHTS x5

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Sturm

Zeros for both. Advance Wars would be lucky to even get one representative.

Dixie Kong

Chance: 50%

I think Donkey Kong is getting at least one more representative. But whether it's her, K. Rool, or even possibly both. It could really go either way.

Want: 50%

I'm rather indifferent to the character. If she get's in, cool, but I won't be heartbroken if she doesn't make it.

Nominations

Rerate Krystal 2x
Rerate Isaac 3x

Both of these characters need rerates

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance - 31.25% - Acording to my previous Dixie Kong score, I expected a Donkey Kong character at a 65% likelyhood. This was what was leftover from my New K. Rool rating. The hit to K. Rool was a big hit, but it seems like he just edges out her in the end.

Want - 40% - Even after Tropical Freeze, I found myself more attracted to Cranky Kong over Dixie. I still say K. Rool would be the better choice.

Sturm

Chance - 0% - An antagonist before the protagonist? And he's not even a mascot? Why are we even considering him?

Want - 0% - Honestly, give me Andy. He's the clear protagonist and main character, so why argue otherwise?

Predictions

Cranky Kong - 3.45% - In both Dixie and K. Rool's shadow.

Xenoblade Character - 5.45% - Some popularity, but not much.

Nominations

Fossil Fighters T-Rex X5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Dixie Kong:

Chance: 65%
Want: 75%

Nominations:

Paper Mario Theatre Stage x5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dixie
Chance 8%
Her popularity is overshadowed completely by King K Rool and her inclusion would just ruin the point of the ballot. And I don't see both getting in
Sakurai specifically overlooked Chrom because of suppose similarities to Ike. Dixie likely falls under the same situation with Diddy, she could definitely be unique, but so could Chrom.
Even in Brawl, I believe it was stated that she was originally going to be included as a tag team with Diddy akin to Sheik and Pkmn Trainer, with Diddy & Dixie switching in and out. But was left out due to the above reason, I think?
I don't really care much about the kongs, I generally consider them very forgettable and are often my least used characters in any game.

Sturn
Both 0%

prediction
original Xenoblade character 2.7%
Cranky Kong 6%

nominate off-line tourney x2
R.O.B. eye bug fix rerate x3

Top Bottom