• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Young HELL NAW.
Pros
-Nope.avi
Cons
-We have two Links already. One young and one old. Anything else is not original.
-Seriously, a Third Clone? And I mean DIRECT CLONE! Star Fox is full of semi-clones, so no.
-Sakurai is not one to have 3 different forms of the same character. 2 is enough for him... Or else we would have gotten that in the Time-Cut 7 in Brawl, not TZ + Tetra.
-Nope.avi
Overall... Nope.avi. We have 3 iterations of Link in Smash 4 already. Much better choices for a 5th character, Tetra, Tingle, Ghirahim, and the like! While this isn't an official deconfirmation, he's near it. DLC? We'd likely get some fan-requested characters instead, not a 3rd one.

OVERALL CHANCE: MCNOPE-00.01%

WANT:
I'd be very pissed off if Young Link returned after getting 2 Links playable. We don't need 3. 00.00%

Epic Yarn Stage- You mean thing that I have to go to normal ratings to rate right? Shucks.
Chances: 25%- It's possible. It was a successful take on Kirby that can make for a visually gorgeous stage. Can't really say much. :/

Want: 100%- More Kirby Stages, More Kirby Stages! I WANT THEM!

Harry
Spoiler Alert, I'm abstaining from Harry. Have not played his game at all. Giving random prediction of... HE WAS ON THE VIRTUAL BOY?! Hold on, I'm gonna do some research tonight, 1.7%.

Nominating Amaterasu X5.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Young Link
Chance: 0.2%
I could see him coming back with the three masks, but that is a longshot at this point. There are much better choices for a new Zelda rep this time around.

Want: 0%
Would be much higher if he had the masks, otherwise, STAY AWAY! 3 LINKS IS TOO MANY!
A match with 3 links.... HYEAH! HA HA HEEEEEEYAAAAAAH
...except in a bunch of different pitches

EPIC YAAARRRRRRRN stage
Chance: 5%
I have no idea if this game was actually well received. I would think a triple deluxe stage would be more likely, or a return to dreamland stage. They seem more mainstream Kirby games, while this one pretty much came out of nowhere.

Want: 30%
...sure why not.

Harry: 2.7%

Nominations:
Zelda Newcomer x5

I will spread out rating Pokemon Trainer and Pokemon trainers pokemon, they are pretty close to eachother right now.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Young Link
Chance: 0.2%
I could see him coming back with the three masks, but that is a longshot at this point. There are much better choices for a new Zelda rep this time around.
Want: 80%
Only if he has the masks, otherwise, STAY AWAY! 3 LINKS IS TOO MANY!
A match with 3 links.... HYEAH! HA HA HEEEEEEYAAAAAAH
...except in a bunch of different pitches
please rate young link in chance and want! also this is a notice, we are rating the young link form melee, not MM link, please rate your post accordingly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lonekonwolf, FalKoopa, and I will keep things afloat until Groose gets back!

Young Link and Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage have been added to the Directory.

Young Link
Chance:
0%

To be honest, I was cruel to Pichu by giving it a 0% chance. Why? Because while Pichu was an intentional cut, he still has something going for him as he could be unique.
Young Link? There is no chance in hell that he is going to return. Like Pichu, Young Link was an intentional cut… however he was replaced by Toon Link. Can Young Link get in on his own merits? He can't really. Toon Link pretty much destroys whatever chance he had. Recency from Ocarina of Time 3D doesn't mean a thing because of Toon Link.
Now, I keep on mentioning that Toon Link destroys his chances because he replaced him. This is obvious to everyone, but why can't Young Link return? It's because he would be A THIRD FREAKING LINK! If Sakurai wanted to bring back Young Link, SOMEONE would have to knock some sense into him because three Links is basically overkill.
IT'S A THIRD FREAKING LINK!!!

I love having diversity on the roster by having different characters get represented. However, bringing back Young Link would be an awful idea as it would misrepresent Zelda. Not only that, but I HATE having 2 of the same character on the roster. I hated seeing 2 Marios and 2 Links in Melee, I hated seeing 2 Links in Brawl, and I hate how Toon Link is back and I hate the concept of Paper Mario because he is Mario.
The only major exception to this is a 2nd Luigi, but that is because of massive Luigi bias as he is my favorite character.
3 Links… just… no. It would be a waste of roster space if he got in and a waste of time.

Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage
Chance:
10%

I can't see this happen. If Kirby were to get a stage on the Wii U, it would be something from Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Just plain and simple.
Want: 100%
With that being said, I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn. It was easy, but that made me love it for how relaxing the game is. The areas in the game are beautiful and I would love to see an area get an HD makeover on the Wii U with a stage, much like Xenoblade. Also, Kirby's Epic Yarn has some pretty good music; I would love to see it get represented with the music alone.
I dunno about you guys, but I am pretty excited for Yarn Yoshi. I bet the Yarn art style will benefit in HD.

Harry Prediction: 2.75%
Little Mac?

Nominations: Xenodialga's signature move is Roar of Reyn Time! 5x

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Young Link

Chance - 0% - The only character who has ever been outright replaced, who's replacement has already been confirmed. One could argue that he might be able to get a unique move set, but... why?

Want - 5% - I prefer Toon Link, honestly. I'd rather add more characters from the "Toon" series than add anyone else from Zelda, and Young Link is very redundant.

Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage

First, let me just say that by nominating this, I have been stringing you all along. The game is as cute as a button, sure, but there simply is so much material to sew a pun out of. I'll be trying my darnest to leave you guys in stiches, so be as snug as bug in a rug. It's woven into my very existence, so no use denying the threads of fate.

Now that that's out of my system...

Chance - 80% - I consider it about a 15% chance of getting both an Epic Yarn stage and a regular Kirby stage, and about 65% chance of getting it solo. Epic Yarn may have not pushed the graphics of what the Wii could do, but what it did do was innovate with what graphics were already there. The results were one of the most breathtaking beautiful, innovative, and cute games to ever exist. To be honest, I would be very surprised to not see an Epic Yarn stage, only not seeing it if Sakurai does not want two stages from his own franchise, and thinks that Epic Yarn would stray too far from his own series.

Want - 95% - While I can never say that I want a stage with every fiber of my being (hey, more puns), I love the concept of the stage. I consider the game to be a kick in the pants to the browning FPS graphic hogs (Eat it! *kick, kick*). I had a lot of fun with that game, and eventual did get 100% on it. It was a graphical marvel that I loved to see in action. In fact, I hope it pulls a Yoshi and eventually becomes it's own series spin-off.

Harry Prediction - 0.35% - Little Mac is going to get him down, and so would being on easily the most controversial Nintendo System.

Nominations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Young Link:

Chance: .5%
He was replaced in a way that was practically a visual update. And if we're ignoring the possibility of MM Link, his inclusion would mean three clones of the same character. His only chance of getting in is as DLC, and even then he might just be a costume for Toon Link. Overall, unlikely.

Not since we have Toon Link. Though I would appreciate Toon Link getting Young Link's fire arrows.

Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage:

Chance: 18%
I think it's very possible, but a RTD stage is probably more likely. However, if Sakurai wants to go for the more unique stage or if he gives Kirby two stages, it could definitely happen.

Hold on, my pointing out the Triple Deluxe likely being a 3DS stage made me realize something...Triple Deluxe and RTD have very similar art styles, so it wouldn't really be a great idea to have both a TD and RTD stage. It would be boring and wouldn't fully represent Kirby. That gives a Yarn stage a serious boost. Changing my rating to:

Chance: 38%

Want: 50% 70%
I'd enjoy that, but I'd prefer a combination Yarn stage of Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yarn Yoshi. Thinking about it, it would be better for Kirby series representation, so it gets a boost for me.

Prediction for Harry: 2.2%?
Kinda obscure, even for a retro. And not a historical character. But outliers are a thing.

Noms: Diskun x5
EPIC YAAARRRRRRRN stage
Chance: 5%
I have no idea if this game was actually well received. I would think a triple deluxe stage would be more likely, or a return to dreamland stage. They seem more mainstream Kirby games, while this one pretty much came out of nowhere.
I feel obligated to point out that it's only in competition with RTD. Triple Deluxe is a 3DS title, so it would be a 3DS stage if it got in.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Young Link, the last of the veterans to be rated:
Likelihood: 0%
He's the only character in the history of Smash Bros. to have been intentionally replaced by another character, Toon Link. And Toon Link is back for another round in Smash 4. He has truly met a terrible fate.

I'm a a fan of Toon Link, and I know that Young Link and Toon Link cannot co-exist in Smash. So, no.

Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage:
Likelihood: 60%
It's possible. But I see a far greater chance of a Kirby stage from Return to Dreamland. But, I'm sure we're getting more than one Kirby stage this time, unlike Brawl.

Want: 50%
Haven't played the game, so I'm indifferent.

Harry prediction: 2%

Promoted AT x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Young Link
Chance: 0% - We don't need three Links. Young Link has the distinct honour of being the one true eternally forsaken veteran. :(
Want: 0% - He's just another Link.

Kirby's Epic Yarn stage
Chance: 32% - In my opinion, the most likely Kirby stage. It is both unique and relevant. Almost all the stages revealed so far are pretty relevant.
Want: 27% - I've never played Epic Yarn, nor am I a big fan of the art direction.

Harry prediction: 0.9

Nominations: Gyromite stage x5

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Young Ganondorf

Chance: 1%
Want: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yarn Stage

Chance: 25%
Want: 40%

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Young Link

Chance: 0.01%- Toon Link is here.

Want: 0%- We have two Links that represent the series perfectly. Toon Link is my favorite Link, and Young Link is one of my least favorite Links.

Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage

Chance: 50%- It could happen, but it has to deal with Return to Dreamland.

Want: 70%- It would be pretty darn unique.

Harry Prediction

2.3%

Nominations

Plasm Wraith x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Young Link Likelihood: 0%
Want: 20%

Yarn Stage: 25%
Want: 70%

Harry: 1.05%

Rhythm Heaven stage x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Young Link Chance - 0%

Sakurai thinks it is important to have a younger version of Link in Smash. In Melee, that was the Young Link from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but at the time of Brawl, Sakurai found that Toon Link was better suited for that role at the time. Toon Link was created as a replacement for Young Link, who was literally thrown out of Smash with no data in Brawl, having been replaced.

Now with Smash 4, Toon Link was revealed to coincide with Wind Waker HD's digital release. It's clear that Sakurai sees that Toon Link is the more deserving young Link now. Even though Young Link has the potential for a moveset involving masks, Toon Link already serves the previously mentioned purpose Sakurai wants for the Zelda series in Smash: to have a younger version of Link, in addition to an older one. So in spite of his mask moveset potential, I am positive to that Young Link has no chance in all of hell to return, even as DLC. Although Pichu was also outright thrown out of Smash, at least he wasn't given a true replacement, nor would he be a third version of a character.

Want - 0%

I'm a huge fan of Toon Link. Though I like Young Link in Melee, I don't want him return. Especially if it meant he was to replace Toon Link. And three Links would be very unnecessary.

And for a mask-based moveset, I'd rather have the extremely unlikely Happy Mask Salesman, after I checked out a thread about him here.

Epic Yarn Stage - 50%

I'm gonna bet this could go either way. On one hand, it has several other Kirby games to deal with, like Return To Dreamland in particular, while on the other hand, an Epic Yarn stage could be something new and interesting.

Want - 85%

Would be new and interesting without a doubt. I'm in full support of an Epic Yarn stage.

Harry Prediction - 1.06%

Nominations:

Playable Master Hand x3

Dry Bowser x2

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Oh wow, my second time getting a perfect prediction! That's neat. Now to figure out how to use these...

Young Link - 0%
It feels weird to give a veteran a 0%, but this one is sadly deserved. Simple fact is he's been replaced by Toon Link, and there's no reason to consider adding him back as a third Link. The only real hope I could see is if he took on a radically different form such as Masked Link, in which case he wouldn't be Young Link anymore, or maybe as a DLC option, which doesn't really qualify for the purposes of this thread since he wouldn't be on disc. Will always be fun to play him as Melee, but he's part of Smash's past, nothing more.
Want - 0% - He lives on through Toon Link; no need to have him return.

Epic Yarn Stage - 75%
I'd honestly be surprised if this didn't happen. Epic Yarn, while not a smash hit, still did quite well (enough so that Yarn Yoshi is supposedly on the way) and is an especially memorable and beloved entry in the popular Kirby series. It would be a very visually distinct, timely stage that I have to believe Sakurai would have at least considered, and we all know his connection to Kirby. Not going to say it's guaranteed of course, but it feels like a very strong chance for the Wii U version.
Want - 100% - Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! Never even played the game but the style would be a real treat to memorialize in Smash.

Harry Prediction - 0.8%
Any time I have to google a character to find out who they are, my expectations end up set very low.

Nominations
Tetra x15

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Young Link
Chance - 0%
It'd be strange if after mentioning how important uniqueness is, Sakurai gave us three Links.

Want - 0%
Yeaaaa ... no

Epic Yarn Stage
Chances - 10%
Sounds fairly likely. Yarn Yoshi shows Nintendo liked the art direction and concept enough to explore it again. So why not?

Want - 100%
This is one of those stages that would potentially look very very nice on HD, and I would love to see what they do with that idea. Bring it, Sakurai!
Also, regarding RtD, I could definitely see it happen, but more than that, I could see two kirby stages happen.

Prediction
Harry - 1.3%
Um, whhyyy??

Nominations
x5 Super Mario 3D World Stage x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Young Link Chances: 0%. Toon Link.
Want: 0%. Only cut Melee clone who deserved their spot was Pichu.
Epic Yarn Stage Chances: 20%. RtDL exists.
Want: 0%. Epic Yarn doesn't have many iconic or interesting places.
Harry: 3%.
Chef Kawasaki X5. (Could use some help here... DX)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
YOUNG LINK:

Chance: 0%
Toon Link. I feel like that's enough explination.

Three Links would be incredibly weird and unnecessary in my opinion. There's no need and I don't want it at all. Waste of a character.

EPIC YARN STAGE:

Chance: 50%
I'm going to be more optimistic about this.
Epic Yarn is one of the most notable Kirby titles as of late, and although RTDL definitely takes the cake, I feel that Kirby will definitely get multiple stages. So an Epic Yarn stage is completely possible.

I love Epic Yarn, its visuals, everything.

Harry Prediction: 2.5%
Yeah probably not. Cool idea though.

Noms: Super Mario 3D World Stage x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Young Link: 0.1% A third link???
Want: 0% I would take Simon Belmont before him.

Epic Yarn Stage: 17% I could see it.

Harry: 1.69? I woill have to do some research. It will be a bit easier now, due to the family matters getting better, but things won't officialy be through until monday or tuesday.

x5 Leon
Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I have a tablet that gets terrible internet connection so I can't correct what I'm typing

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Young Link: 0%

Epic Yarn: 50%
Since Brawl, there's been 4 major Kirby games that came out. They are Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, Return to Dreamland, and Triple Deluxe. Two of these games are console while the other two are handheld. Seeing as stages are dependent on whether the game appeared on a console or handheld when they are allocated to their specific version of Smash 4, I see there having to be 2 stages to get both because Return to Dreamland will almost certainly get in before it.

Want: 80% Never played but it has an interesting art style.

Kiddy Kong x5

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Young Link:

Chance: 0.1%
We've already got TLink, and everyone (nearly) accepted him as the spiritual successor, and a cooler one at that.

3 Links? No Thankyou.

Epic Yarn Stage:

Chance: 80%
Yep. Kirby is a big series anyway, but in smash is higher because it's Sakurai's baby, it's going to get several stages, and with only 2 games for Wii since brawl this looks an extremely likely choice for a Wii U stage. It is held back a little by Yarn Yoshi, and you have to ask if both stages can co exist, but they look very different. Imagining the stage mechanics of an Epic Yarn Stage with you attacking a tassle and part of the stage pulling down, moving platforms and the like, it's just a really cool concept that I really don't see them passing up.

Yes Please, especially if my above idea turns to fruition. It may end up noncompetitive, but the strategies involved in moving platforms to try and make a battlefield to your purposes could be really interesting in a friendly match, or even be a cool counter-pick stage.

Harry: 0.6%
I'll be honest, I've stopped looking up these obscure characters that (I presume it's) Blupikmin nominates, so, who?

Hero of Light*5

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Young Link

Chances: 1%: We already have two Links. One representing the Adult games, and the other for the Child games. The two of them being in Smash is already redundant to many of the fans. Even though Sakurai does see a need to include both. And to a certain degree I can kind of understand that. But I can only imagine how redundant a third would be. So unless this third Link becomes extremely unique from the rest I don't see any need to have Young Link present.

Want: 0%: There's no point in having three versions of the same character. It's not like the Star Fox trio who have their own personas. Nor would one of them be like Wolf where they are practically their own character with a few surface similarities.

Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage

Chances: 50%: Well, not all that much to really say here. We might get more than one Kirby stage, but if not, I think it's a toss-up between Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland. So that's my stance on the chances of a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage.

Want: 60%: I think it would be pretty cool. But I'm more for a Return to Dreamland stage myself. Either way, it should be interesting nonetheless.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Young Link
Chance: 0%...if DLC is a thing: 50%.

Young Link is a cut Melee veteran, and would be the THIRD Link. Whilst a Majora's Mask gimmick would easily separate him from the other two Links, seeing THREE Links is kinda unlikely. Heck, seeing two is bad enough, but at least with the Toon and 'realistic' styles it separates the Links visually more.

Less wanted than Pichu; a third Link would only drive home the fact that the regular Link(aka Adult Link) will forever be terrible. Honestly I'd rather they just get one Link right rather than having multiple ones.

Kirby's Epic Yarn stage:
Chance: 50%

Could easily happen; Kirby's Epic Yarn was a Wii game; the majority of the stages are going to be based off Wii games. Then again, they may instead go for a Return to Dreamland themed stage for Kirby instead, as that too was a Wii game.

Indifferent!

Harry: 0.5%
With mostly everyone backing Little Mac, I wonder if Teleboxer will even get a sticker or trophy let alone a fully fledged playable character who is essentially a robot version of Little Mac.

Nominations:
Playable Bosses X 5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
YOUNG LINK

Chance: 0.1% - EXTREMELY UNLIKELY!!!!!!

Want: 50% - Indifferent

KIRBY'S EPIC YARN STAGE

Chance: 50% - Decent chance

Want: 100% - I haven't actually played Epic Yarn (yet) but I love me some good ol' Kirby's Dreamland, that I do!

Harry Prediction: .2% - Omastar, Cole, Yarne/Owaine...sounds about right in that area.

Chef Kawasaki X5. (Could use some help here... DX)
REQUEST ACCEPTED!!!!!!

Nominations:
Chef Kawasaki x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
A wild SchAlternate appeared!

MOTHER **** I'VE BEEN AWAY FOR AGES.

Anyway, are we really rating Young Link now? Christ, have I been away for THAT long?

THIRD'S THE CHARM-- No.
Chance and Want: 0% - I think I've already stated why I'd give him this score back when we rated MM Link (who are pretty much the same entity), so while I search that particular post, have a picture of a pug as a placeholder.
DON'T DROWN!
Likelihood: 0% - With Toon Link already on the roster, it's clear we're not getting any other Link, especially one that can drain so much development time.
Want: 0% - I loved Young Link more than I love Toon Link, but I detest the idea of him returning, especially with the Mask mechanic. What's the point to bring him back if not only does his replacement fit his role perfectly, but also would be drastically different from his Melee incarnation?

Screw you, I'll keep the pug here.

YARNYLANDIA
Chances: 64% - With Yoshi's Epic Yarn on the way, I can easily see this happening.
Want: 86% - I'd love this, though I'd rather want it to be considered a Yoshi stage as well/instead.

NOMINATIONS
Ammaterasu X5

The wild SchAlternate fled!

Last edited:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Young Link
Chance: 0%
The kid had his chance in Melee, then got replaced by Toon Link (who is a much better character imo). He's never coming back, and that's final.
Only because I don't want to hear any more BEN jokes. Seriously, I hate that spookyspaghetti.

Yarn Kirby stage: 60%
A lot of people say that the RTDL stage ruins a Yarn themed stage, which I find to be very flawed logic. Let's not forget that there can be more than one stage per franchise in this game.
Want: 95%
Kirby's Epic Yarn was a really beautiful game, and seeing a stage with the same artstyle IN HD would be particularly awesome.

Harry prediction: 1.14%

Nom: PT Pokemon (no trainer) X5

D

Deleted member

Oh dear… these ratings for Young Link…
We're definitely going to reach a new low here.

His current chance is .32% and want is… oh god… 6.73%.

He still has about 3 to 4 more hours left.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Young link trial
Court Begins

Court is now in session

the defense is ready, your honor.
. . .(silence)​

uh, where's the prosecution?

uh well you see. . . Mr. Edgeworth's power is down right now, he's going to be unavailable for a couple of days.

ah I see, tragic.
looks like we will have to post-

don't cut it out just yet trite,
the party just started

Go. . .GODOT!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Godot?
what are you doing here your prosecution license has been re-

don't cut it out yet, your honor.
a case still has to be decided upon, even if neither side can be prepared
plus this isn't even a real trial, this is just one to rate the chances of certain characters

very well,
I will allow it until the current prosecution can return

(so, godot has returned and is prepared)

(too bad for him, that I have been preparing for this day to come as well)

so what is todays trial for in this case
IconYoung Link.png

its for a very sad kid,
young link from melee

ah I see,
poor kid, he's already been deconfirmed

what?

its a really poor kid honestly,
being replaced not once, but twice by the same person, pitiful

WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!

well then I guess I can end this tri-

Objection

hold it, your honor,
everyone has the right to case and a defense,
we shou-

. . .

shut your trap trite.
everyone knows that toon link has replaced young link in brawl,

and as everyone already knows toon link has been once again confirmed ,
meaning that young link is uneilable

unless you expect a third link do you trite?

no but-

but nothing, his chances are gone,
just like the blackness of coffee when milk enters it

well now that has been settled,
anymore outburst from you Mr. Wright, or can we continue on with the outcome?

no your honor
(dam godot, you've been preparing for this day haven't you)

well now,
the final judgement is. . .

DECONFIRMED!
0% Chance
0% want

epic yarn stage:
35% chance
95% want

prediction:
0.04%

Day is over
Godot has returned and won

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Young Link
Chance: .31%
Want: 6.52%

ouch!, poor yougen, not only does his chance score puts him in the bottom ten, but he has the worst want score out of this games history! looks like the most hated thing in smash bros. . . . . is a third link
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Chance: 37.29%
Want: 68.48%

(all credit for scores gose to Brawler610)
wow! not only can people see an epic yarn stage happening, it also has an astonishing amount of support, looks like the cuddly form of yarn is welcomed in the fist fighting arena of smash
today we are rating someone lost forever on Nintendo's failed console, the Virtual boy, please rate how Harry the telroboxer in chance and want! does his obscurity makes him a contender, or will he forever rot in the depths of the virtual boy, also for our stage rating tonight, we are going a bit more retro, rate in chance and want how a Gyromite stage will compare! will R.O.B finally get a home stage and do you even want him too?
for the prediction of today, we're going a bit more. . .wolf to be exact, please predict how Amaterasu will fare!
also the winner of tonight is @ Aqua Rock X Aqua Rock X where he manage to get it on the dot perfectly (there's been a lot of these. . .suspicious) oh well enjoy the extra ten mate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are the current nominations:
Unrated Newcomers
X100 Amaterasu (Okami)
X90 The Great Leon (Star Fox)
x83 Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
X80 Reyn (Xenoblade)
X80 Plasm Wraith (Pikmin)
X78 Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
x77 Bulborb (Pikmin)
X65 Panther Caruso (Star Fox)
x65 King Boo (Super Mario Bros.)
x65 Diskun (Famicom Disk Drive)
X65 Stork (Yoshi’s Island)
x63 Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
x62 Eirkia (Fire Emblem)
x61 Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment)
x59 Adam “Authorization” Malkovich (Metroid)
x55 Kunio-Kun/Alex (River City Ransom)
x53 Shantae (Shantae)
x50 Grovyle (Pokemon)
x45 Mallo (Pushmo)
x45 Chef Kawasaki (Kirby)
X44 Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
x40 Daroach (Kirby)
X40 Hero of Light (Final Fantasy)
X37 Dry Bowser (Super Mario)
x37 Sheriff (Arcade)
x35 Gaius (Fire Emblem)
X33 Tetra [no transformations] (The Legend of Zelda)
X30 Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney)
x30 Marina (Mischief Makers)
x30 Alph (Pikmin)
x26 Batallion Wars Rifle Grunts (Batallion Wars)
x25 Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
x24 Mallow (Super Maro)
x24 N (Pokémon)
x21 Godot (Ace Attorney)
x20 Petey Piranha (Super Mario Bros)
x20 Billy Hatcher (The Giant Egg)
X20 Toadsworth (Super Mario)
X20 Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
x17 Alph, Brittany, and Charlie (Pikmin)
x16 Kumatora (Mother/Earthbound)
X15 Tony (Earthbound)
x15 “X” Protagonist (X)
x15 Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
x12 Star Man (Pro Wrestling)
x12 Tiki (Fire Emblem)
x11 Wreck-It Ralph! (Wreck-It Ralph!)
x10 Doctor Lobe (Big Brain Academy)
x10 Liquid Snake (Metal Gear)
x10 Jack (Harvest Moon)
x10 Toon Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda)
X10 Happy Mask Salesman (Legend of Zelda)
x10 Dunban (Xenoblade)
X8 Will (Advance Wars)
x7 Imajin (Yumi Komo: Doki Doki Panic)
x7 Rundas (Metroid)
x6 Akari Hayami (Wave Race)
x6 Heracross (Pokemon
x5 Professor E. Gadd (Super Mario)
x5 Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
X5 Alfonzo (Leave it to Me!)
X5 Gooey and Rick (Kirby)
x5 Wonder Pink (Wonderful 101)
x5 Goomba (Super Mario)
x5 Koopa Troopa (Super Mario)
x5 Grandma (Legend of Zelda)
X5 Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus)
x5 Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
x5 Silver the Hedgehog (Sonic)
X5 Neku (The World Ends With You)
x5 Big Boss (Metal Gear)
x5 Nowi (Fire Emblem)
x5 Ruka Minazuki (Fatal Frame)
x5 Demon King Demise (Legend of Zelda)
X5 Protoman (Mega Man)
x5 Spyro (Spyro)
X5 Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
x5 Hector (Fire Emblem)
X5 Prince Fluff (Kirby)
X5 Magalor (Kirby)
X5 Deku Link (Legend of Zelda)
x5 Cless (Tales of Phantasia)
x5 Giovanni (Pokemon)
X5 Frogger (Frogger)
x5 Zoda (Star Tropics)
x5 Knuckle Joe (Kirby)
x5 Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
x4 Beedrill (Pokemon)
x4 The Old Man (Legend of Zelda)
x3 Louie (Pikmin)
x3 Zip (FlingSmash)
x3 Viridi (Kid Icarus)
x3 Hammer Bros. (Super Mario)
X2 Galacta Knight (Kirby)
x2 Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
x2 Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
x2 Soma Cruz (Some Game)
x2 King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)
x2 9-Volt (WarioWare)
x2 Toon Zelda [no transformations] (The Legend of Zelda)
x2 Jill (Drill Dozer)
x2 Elite Beat Agents (Elite Beat Agents)
x1 Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
x1 Tabuu (Super Smash Bros.)
x1 Little Joe (Punch-Out!!)
x1 K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
x1 Terra Bradford (Final Fantasy)
x1 Miku Hinasaki (Fatal Frame/Zero)
x1 Jin Kazame (Tekken)
x1 Ultimate Chimera (Mother)
x1 Prince Peasely (Mario and Luigi)
x1 Darkrai (Pokemon)
x1 Gengar (Pokemon)
X1 Monita (Nintendoland)

Concepts, Stages and Revotes
X75 Gyromite Stage
X70 Promoted Assist Trophy
X70 Pokemon Trainer’s Pokemon (no Trainer)
x65 Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
x57 Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
x54 Lyn (Fire Emblem)
x50 No Namco Character
X50 Super Mario 3D World Stage
X45 Playable Bosses
X41 Rhythm Heaven Stage
x40 Takamaru (Ninja Castle)
x35 Zelda Newcomer
x35 Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
X31 Gangplank Galleon
x30 Little Mac (Punch-Out)
x30 Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
X30 Wolf (Star Fox)
x26 F-Zero Newcomer
x25 Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
X25 Bowser Land
X24 Non-Character Hanafuda Representation
X23 Ridley (Metrioid)
x20 Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer
x20 Meowth (Pokemon)
X20 Porky (Mother)
x20 Two “Retro” Newcomers [Little Mac is not Retro]
x17 Three Fire Emblem Characters
X15 Impa (Legend of Zelda)
x15 Fire Emblem Newcomer (Not Chrom)
X15 Fawful (Super Mario)
X15 Bowser Jr. (Super Mario)
X13 Dark Samus (Metroid)
X13 Toon Zelda/Tetra (Legend of Zelda)
x12 Lip (Panel de Pon)
x12 Dillon (Rolling Western)
x10 SS Zelda
X10 Luigi Series Newcomer
x10 Halberd Stage
x10 Vaati (Legend of Zelda)
X10 Hanafuda Character
x10 Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
X10 Nutty Noon Stage
X9 Bowser’s Castle Stage
X7 Indie Newcomer
x7 Masked Marth Costume
x7 Mii (Wii Series)
x6 Clone Newcomers
X5 King Harkinian (Wand of Gamelon) (I refuse to call it a Zelda title)
x5 Porky Forms Day
X5 Chrom [Stance-Based Moveset]
x5 Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
X5 Pichu (Pokemon)
x5 JRPG Newcomer
X5 Tails (Sonic)
X5 Lor Starcutter
x5 Ashley (WarioWare)
x5 Mike Jones (StarTropics)
X5 Wario Series Newcomer
X5 Wario Land Wario
x5 Six Pokemon Characters
x5 Four or More Third Parties
x5 Mario sub-series Character
x5 Fatal Frame Representation (AT, Stage, etc.)
x4 Ten or More Newcomers
x3 Standalone Pokemon Trainer
X2 Medusa (Kid Icarus)
x2 Adventure Mode
x1 Unique Starfox Final Smashes
X1 Entire Melee Cast
X1 Wii Fit Board (Item)
X1 Yoshi Series Newcomer
X1 Wario Series Newcomer
x1 Another Unrevealed Third-Party
x1 Pokemon Series Newcomer [Mewtwo not included]
X1 Tourian
X1 Pokemon Stadium 3
X1 Duck Hunt Stage
X1 Luigi’s Mansion 2
X1 Glitz Pitz
X1 Elemental Lighthouse
X1 Smashfloats
X1 Pokefloats
X1 N’s Castle
X1 Lylat Cruise
X1 Nintendo Land
X1 Zoroark (Pokemon)
X1 Boxing Ring is from Punch-Out
X1 Microtransactions

Now let's get on with the rating!
But first, Harry and Gyromite Stage have been added to the Directory.

Harry
Chance:
0%

Two things:
1. He is basically a boxer. It's not necessarily a bad thing… but it is when you are up against Little Mac.
2. He comes from the Virtual Boy era. The Virtual Boy was a complete and utter failure; because Harry comes from a Virtual Boy game, he would be obscure… really obscure.
I want Little Mac to enter the ring. After that, I would want King Hippo. And after that, Doc Louis. Heck, I rather have every Punch Out!! character before Harry.
I rather not have Harry on the roster.

Gyromite Stage
Chance:
20%

We've seen R.O.B. not get represented with a stage in Brawl, so I doubt that will change here.
Want: 10%
I bet that it would have some lame or unenjoyable gimmick to it.

Okami Amaterasu Prediction: .44%
I will be EXTREMELY surprised if She manages to beat Phoenix Wright. She comes from a very obscure, yet highly acclaimed game made by Capcom. I sense people will either give 1% because they don't know her or 0% because of Mega Man.

Prepare yourselves everyone (including @ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker ), I will make a ginormous post full of Okami music for the music section in this thread…

Nominations: I forgot what time it is. According to my clock, it's Reyn time. 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Harry the Virtual-Boy
ABSTAIN- I didn't really find enough conclusive data to give a good rating. Trust me, it would have been superbly low. Being a one-timer on the Virtual Boy is your worst nightmare.
Want is 0%.

Gyromite Stage
Chances: 40%- ROB can easily get his own home stage, it was a shock he didn't get one in Brawl.

Want: 30%- Indifferent.

Amaterasu- Not that thing Terumi keeps blabbering about, the wolf!
Rating .8% because not only is there the magical Third Party rule but the fact that we JUST got a Capcom character already.

Nominating No Namco Character X5

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Harry Chances: 0%. From a system that failed AND having massive competition... Need I say more?
Want: 25%. Meh...
Gyromite Stage Chances: 50%. This one's pretty much divided. On one hand, it's one of the only legitimate home stages for R.O.B. On the other, it was skipped over for "Mario Bros." in Brawl.
Want: 0%. Would rather have an NES stage.
Ammy: 0%.
Chef Kawasaki X5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Harry
20% Chance
Tis a bit generous, but I do think Sakurai has yet to play the historical card. Harry is one of the decent ones in his set. However, Diskun and Daitoryo do give him fierce competition. However, the idea of adding a character to represent a "What could have been?" can definitely happen. I think he is a tad underrated, but I don't think he is too likely.
75% Want
Oh I am a history buff. I have taken AP Euro, and taking AP Psych, AP Gov, and AP US. Nintendo history is no exception. I love all historical characters. The idea of these figures of Nintendo history, representing highs and lows, showing how Nintendo became what it is today-Oh I love it! While Harry is less wanted than Daitoryo do to his higher historical value and more moveset potential, Harry still would be great!

Gyromite Stage
45% Chance
I see ROB as 90% chance of returning, and if he gets in, he has a 50/50 shot of getting a stage. Math ensures.
40% Want
75 M, Mario Bros, Flat Zone, Icicle Mountain, Flat Zone 2, Summit... My retro stage taste is sour X_X

Nominating No Namco Newcomer x5
Amaterasu prediction 3.3%
Her want is her saving grace.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Harry's chances: 0.5% - A one-shot from a failure of a system.
Want: 20% - Eh.

Gyromite stage: 50% - I could see R.O.B. having a stage this time around.
Want: 50% 60% - Thought about a little more and I think it'd be nice for R.O.B. to have his own stage.

Ammy's prediction: 0.2%

Promoted Assist Trophy x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom