• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He can but my personal question is why bother? What he was sort of cool in melee? >.> In spite of his demand I think there are many characters that are much more deserving
I'm just saying people shouldn't use the clone argument against him. I'm not arguing if he's deserving or not. Just that he can easily be uncloned.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I'm just saying people shouldn't use the clone argument against him. I'm not arguing if he's deserving or not. Just that he can easily be uncloned.
His unique moveset is hard to visualize but then again all FE lords have that problem XD

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
His unique moveset is hard to visualize but then again all FE lords have that problem XD
Did that stop C.Falcon or Fox having their movesets? Or R.O.B?

He has plenty to work with. iaido from his sword of seals animations which also goes into a wide swing so he could have a unsheathing and sweeping style, His spinning from his normal critical. His flaming projectile, his sword can heal him.There is quite a bit to work with from just those things alone.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Roy
Chances: 35%
Really though, I still stick my belief that the FE characters for Smash 4 is largely going to be determined by Sakurai's bias.

Want: 80%
Probably my most wanted character for Smash 4.. Although to be fair I only have about 2-3 characters I REALLY want to see in the next game.

Mii: 55%

Groose

Smash Champion
My one concern with Roy is that his fan demand will work against him. As in, if Sakurai decides to bring him back, he will play the same he did in Melee---thus making him a clone.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Roy: 50%
Want: 85%

I love Fire Emblem and Roy was one of my favorite characters in Melee. I think it's still possible to get the entire Brawl roster, even though Sakurai has possibly indicated otherwise. I am aware that he said this: "We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point." But I think that because he says who's been in Smash Bros and not who was in Brawl means that he's considering bringing back characters that were previously cut from Melee, which most likely would mean Mewtwo and Roy. Because he's a clone of Marth, I think it wouldn't be as difficult for them to add him later in development if they get other things done. I do think that the Brawl roster and planned newcomers will have a higher priority than him, with Fire Emblem getting him as a 4th character.

That said, I think that it's also possible that Sakurai will want to add a Fire Emblem newcomer for this game and I think Roy has a high chance of being that addition to the cast. Chrom, in my opinion, is similar in design to both Marth and Ike (which I believe could be intentional), mostly due to the fact that he's a blue-haired swordsman. Roy, on the other hand, has bright red hair and his fiery gimmick on top of that to distinguish him from the other two. He is also a popular choice, with a large amount of people being disappointed at his exclusion from Brawl. This is important because of the inclusion of Falco in Melee, since supposedly he was chosen over Wolf due to the visual similarities between Fox and Wolf.

There's a lot of factors that really all depend on what Sakurai considers most important. Also, who knows if Intelligent Systems pushed for anything.

•Col•

Smash Champion
My one concern with Roy is that his fan demand will work against him. As in, if Sakurai decides to bring him back, he will play the same he did in Melee---thus making him a clone.
Considering how much Bowser has changed, I doubt that will be a problem at all.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Roy
Chance: 40% - Newer Fire Emblem characters out prioritize him.
Want: 30% - It's not that I don't like him, it's just that I don't want him in over Chrom.

Mii Prediction: 74%

Nominations: Chrom x5.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Roy 15% - I just dont think this guy will get in over other new potential characters, especially if Intelligent systems gets their way since they will likely want to have their newer characters in, only sakurai's say on it could bring him back, but even then since he left him out before he might just leave him as a casualty of brawl. He has a huge fanbase i wont deny, but that doesnt always translate into a comeback or even inclusion as we have seen before.

Want 10% - Dont care about him either way, he never stood out all that much, and after playing awakening id much rather see some new faces, and more than likely he would come back as a clone or luigified clone which doesnt hold a ton of potential IMO.

Mii - 80%

Edit: Did i miss my chance to vote? The title should have mentioned it was over if it wasnt changed

Groose

Smash Champion
Roy 15% - I just dont think this guy will get in over other new potential characters, especially if Intelligent systems gets their way since they will likely want to have their newer characters in, only sakurai's say on it could bring him back, but even then since he left him out before he might just leave him as a casualty of brawl. He has a huge fanbase i wont deny, but that doesnt always translate into a comeback or even inclusion as we have seen before.

Want 10% - Dont care about him either way, he never stood out all that much, and after playing awakening id much rather see some new faces, and more than likely he would come back as a clone or luigified clone which doesnt hold a ton of potential IMO.

Mii - 80%

Edit: Did i miss my chance to vote? The title should have mentioned it was over if it wasnt changed
Ack, I'm sorry. I forgot to update the title when I was making my edits; you did miss the day. The new day will be up in less than ten minutes, though.

Groose

Smash Champion
Wow. Our boy Roy really managed to polarize the community. 29.79% of the community (38.75% Smashboards, 14.85% Gamefaqs) considered him a lock, but Smashboards thought him much more likely than Gamefaqs. Smashboards also wanted him a lot more, but he did receive a 40.59% overall want (45.37% Smashboards, 29.95% Gamefaqs). Overall, it was certainly a disappointing day for a character that depends on popularity; only Pac-Man has received a lower want total so far in the game. Even Lucina managed to beat Roy out in terms of want.

But today enters a theoretically unpopular character; Mii. Mii has often received a bad rap among the hardcore community, but does he have what it takes? Please comment on his chances and want today.

Oh, and leave a prediction for Owain, our candidate for tomorrow. He'll be the third Fire Emblem character in four days.

And finally, Excalibur16 of Gamefaqs and SmashShadow of Smashboards have both earned five extra nominations for prediction Roy's score.

Gamefaqs link coming soonish.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Mii: 60% I can see it happening. But Wii Fit trainer has already taken part of the casual Wii game spot light. With her already in, I can easily imagine that game without a Mii but its still likely.
want: 15% meh.

Owain Prediction: 0% I hate to sound so absolute but if you believe he has a chance you're not thinking hard enough. Hes not a main character and even in the popularity polls he still lost to chrom.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
MAH BOI!!! :cry: What happened Roy? Oh yeah....GameFAQs.....

Mii: 50%
It could go either way, to be honest. Mii isn't that popular but it's important enough to Nintendo that I can see Sakurai adding him.

Want: 50%
Eh. He's okay. Nothing special.

Owain Prediction: 0.7%
He ain't happening. Everyone with a brain can see that.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
Ice Climbers
Lucario

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mii - 50%
Want - 30%
+ One of Nintendo's biggest mascots
+ They possibly fit into whatever "Customization" Sakurai was talking about
+ Sakurai changed his mind on Villager, in comparison, there's even less to hold them back this time
- Most people are "meh" on them
- Sakurai still did dismiss them Pre-Brawl for cramping Smash's style
** Possibly have been leaked

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Goddamn the fact that the waifu of the week beat out Roy in want is the first thing about Smash speculation that's seriously pissed me off thus far. Eh, I guess a pair of boobs and a halfway decent face is all it takes to be a likable female character with Smash fans, whereas a character like Roy, who people actually enjoy for reasons other than that they want to have sex with him, might actually need some substance to be popular oh nooooooo

Anyhow, on to Mii

Likelihood: 40% - I could see this going either way, but I can already tell that it's going to be another divisive issue. To be honest, I feel like Wii Fit Trainer and Villager basically fill Mii's role as the Wii representing character and as the "customizable" character, but if Sakurai feels like there's something else he could do differently with them, then he'll put them in. Seeing as how the Villager appears to have inherited most of Mii's potential moveset, I'm slightly leaning towards less likely, but I could definitely still see it happening.

Want: 10% - Never really cared about Mii's, but if they used abilities from Find Mii for like a sword/magic based fighting style, I would be more accepting. However, at the same time, I personally would much rather have Isaac be a magic/sword user, and I also find him more likely.

Owain Prediction: 1% - Ahahahaha the fact that this unimportant ****ball of a character that I can assure 99% of people have never even heard of made it this far is actually hilarious hahahaha gamefaqs you cards you. The one or two fanboys that voted him up this high will bias-vote him as "omg hes my favrite so soccer-eye has 2 put him in rite!?!?!?!" but everyone else with an actual decently working brain will 0% vote their asses into the ground. Aside from throwing a 0% vote at this guy and making my predictions/nominations tomorrow's barely even worth showing up. Oh there's also laughing at the people who voted him up as they cry themselves to sleep.

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh x3
Medusa x2

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chances-50% It can easily go either way.

Want-5% I never cared for them, there are some unique ideas to pull off with them but even then they're really uninteresting to me.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Chance- 50%

Want- 50%

overall it will either happen or it won't. most people can agree that if they did secure a spot that it was warranted. however, they aren't a very exciting addition. and there are some unique ideas out there with them so overall i would just need to see the plan for them to really get excited

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Mii chance 90%: I feel that next to little mac, they are almost guaranteed

want: 1%: I really really hope they are not in. I have always never ever wanted them for smash, and now that villager, a generic human ( who i like), AND wii fit trainer are in, that would just make the mii WAY to unnecessary.

Nominations:
Bomberman x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Mii:

Chances: 35%. I'm... not really sure where Mii falls to be honest. I don't think the leak is true, which does significantly lower the score. Then I also can't help but doubt Iwata/Myamoto/whoever's idea Mii's were that they'd let them use Miis in a beat 'em up game like this. This sounds ridiculous, but this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Want: 0%.

Predicting 3.14% for Owain

Takamaru x5 nomz

gotta seperate the FE characters a bit

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mii

Prediction - 35% - What niche they had was mostly filled by WFT and Villager. Still not believing that rumor. Their only role might be the customization route, which I'm doubt will happen.

Want - 5% - They can be a part of a stage or whatever, but they have no appeal as playable characters.

Owain Prediction - 0.25% - ... Can I make my vote now? Please? ... Why are we wasting our time tomorrow? First Roy tanking in the ratings and now this ... Thank you, FAQUS...

Nominations
Lucario X5

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Damn my prediction would've given me 5 extra noms if GameFAQs didn't mess with the average D:
Chance: 55% let's see there's that rumor that's probably not true but that boosts his chances due to it's existence but Wii Fit trainer lowers its chances but nintendo may demand they make miis playable as they certainly do have the relevancy factor going for them :p
Want: 20% meh, it could be cool to see my avatar beat people up because considering what mine looks like that'll be sort of funny but otherwise nah...
Owain prediction 2.5% Well be divided between 5% and 1% XD

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Mii: 50%
Definitely a series that deserves to be in Smash with all the attention it gets from Nintendo. They could also end up as some kinda customization character. Still, it could go either way.

Want: 0%
I like characters that are actually characters and not generic avatars.

Owain perdiction: 1.3%

6x Toad
4x Takamaru

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Mii Chances: 45% There again we have a character that can go either way, but I'm slightly inclined to believe the not side. This time the reason for leaning towards not has something to do with Nintendo being kinda picky about how the Mii is used, especially when it comes to fighting. Though for some reason Wii Sports boxing was okay, so who knows? I wish I could remember my source on this. Oh well.

Mii Want: 0% I am not a fan of generic characters in general. For example, I kinda didn't like Pokemon Trainer because he isn't a character per se. I have similar feelings about the villager, but he has redeemed himself somewhat by having a fun looking moveset and being the closest thing Animal Crossing has to a protagonist. That said the last thing we need is another generic person, especially one that is more generic and personality-less than anyone else. I don't know having Mr. T beat up Hulk Hogan and Pikachu simultaneously might be good for a laugh at first but It'll get old fast. I just really don't want Miis.

Owain: 10% I think he will do extremely poorly as he has no chance and people recognize that. That said there are always a few optimists, and so far no one has gotten lower than like 20%, so I'll go with 10%.

Nominations:
Geno x5 (He'll do worse than Owain possibly but oh well, let's get this over with!)

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Mii

Likeliness: 60% I wouldn't put it past Sakurai.
Want: 0% Just no

I don't even know who the hell Owain is so I don't care! 3% I guess!

Nomination: Ice Climbers x5

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Mii

Chances: 70%
I think Miis are highly likely mainly because their games are huge and the represent not only games, but also consoles, such as the Wii, the 3DS and the Wii U.

Want: 60%
I, for one, really like the idea of customizable characters. It would be really nice to see yourself fight famous Nintendo characters and, since they got so many games, their movesets would be really big.

Owain Prediction: 2,7%

Nominations:
Zoroark x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Miis
Chance: 89% - They are from a very successful franchise and are heavily demanded.
Want: 81% - I like Miis more than most people. I'll admit that they are not the most creative in terms of customizable character designs (the ones from Sims and Soul Calibur blow them out of the water), but I feel that they have their own unique charm.

Owain Prediction: 0% - When we're finished with him, We'll give his sword arm a reason to twitch.

Nominations: Chrom x5

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Mii's

Chance: 50%
Want: 0%: We Play smash for its characters [and fun of course]. Not ourselves in a glorified limelight. Mii's completely defeat that purpose.

Owain Prediction: 0% as much as I like the kid. He has no chance at all.

Nominations: Sonic X5

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Mii.
Prediction: 78%
Want: 82%

Owain Prediction 0%

And **** why don't you people want pacman? :(

Tingle x3
Dillon x 2

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Note to people: 40% is not low. I keep seeing people give scores like 30%-45% and accompanying them with comments about how you just don't see something happening. Or you gave Roy a score of 38% but also said "Chrom is gonna get it, Roy's not very likely."

To put it in perspective: The probability of being dealt a five card poker hand with a single pair in it is ~42%. So when you give someone a rating in that range, think: Would I be more surprised to see this character than I would be to be dealt a hand with a single pair in poker? If so, you're inflating your numbers.

Mii - The chances of Mii making an appearance, unfortunately, are much higher than the chances of me. Hyuk hyuk hyuk. Stupid puns out of the way...

Popularity/sales: The series of games starring Miis have blockbuster sales. Games starring Miis have sold 150 million copies. Even if you exclude Wii Sports from that for being a pack-in, it's still 70 million, more than any other unrepresented franchise unless you count some of the Mario spin-offs (Mario Kart, Mario Sports) as their own franchises. So Mii is the "character" with the highest sales by far whose series is not represented. Miis are also quite popular with casual players, and do decently in the Smash Boards poll.

Relevancy: Well, I kinda already covered that.

Design: There are a number of possibilities for a move set. It would easy enough to cobble something together from Wii Sports/Sports Resort, Wii Play, Wii Party, etc. The only issue that makes it more complicated is that Sakurai may want to avoid moves that are similar to ones used by Villager or Peach (although Peach really has enough to work with without drawing from Mario Sports spin-offs IMO).

I will say that an issue is that even if you do give them a move set, they're supposed to be an avatar for the player. And really any move set you give them kinda interferes with that aspect. When you're playing a game where everyone does basically the same thing (Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros, etc.) you're just applying a skin to them and then it's like " I " am in Mario Bros. Or " I " am racing in Mario Kart. In Smash Bros, however, it won't be like " I " am a Smash Bros fighter. It will be like " I " am a Mii using moves from Mii games. So conceptually, I think making Miis playable actually interferes with what they're supposed to be. Giving them a move set makes them not avatars, but instead representative of Mii games. This would be a lot less so if they were customizable, but I don't think Sakurai wants to do that since that would be a nightmare to balance and consider for online play and so forth.

Competition: Since Waluigi has only appeared in Mario spin-off games, if he were to be limited to moves from his previous game appearances, his move set would also be quite similar to what's possible for Mii. While you could cobble together different sports-based move sets for both of them, I have a feeling Sakurai wouldn't want to do that. Because of this, Waluigi is the only character I see as directly competing with Mii. They could of course be made to be different if Sakurai really wanted both in, but that doesn't change the fact that if Sakurai had already decided on one, he would be less likely to decide to include the other (IMO anyway).

Sakurai statements/Nintendo branding issues: Sakurai may consider them too generic. He didn't integrate them into Kid Icarus much. Personally I find them a bit out of place in games like Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. In those games, they would fit better if they were altered more to fit the style of the games, but the cross-over nature of Smash means they'd pretty much have to be in their most generic form (clothing designs could have a little more freedom I suppose).

Also, Nintendo likes to control what happens with Miis. I do see this as a mark against them. However, Miis have been put in Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Sonic Colors, New Super Mario Bros, Sonic Racing, etc. So they're pretty ubiquitous. It's fair to say were it not for the issue of violence, Nintendo corporate would probably want to put Miis in this game without hesitation. On the violence issue I note that they used Miis for boxing and sword fighting (sort of) in Wii Sports games. In Nintendo Land you use your Mii to take the role of Link. So some level of violence is ok with them. The issue they have is whether Smash Bros is the kind of violence they shouldn't allow Mii to be associated with. It's certainly cartoon violence and it's not bloody and your Mii won't show any signs of being injured. So it's not the most worrisome use of Miis out there. It's worse than the sword fighting and maybe even worse than the boxing (if you consider taking one of Snake's missiles to the face worse than a punch to the face), but not really that bad IMO. They may worry about people beating up Miis that they give the faces of people they dislike. That seems like it could be an issue even with the games they've already made though (actually, I'm pretty sure my friends did that with Wii Sports Resort and the sword fighting game).

In the end I think the branding issue is a wash. It's not the best fit for Miis, but it's not that bad either and it will be a high-selling game so they have some incentive to put them in. So I think it comes down more to what Sakurai thinks.

There's also the "leak". It's prediction that was unlikely, but afaik they don't claim any inside information. But it was only right about 3 out of 6 characters being revealed during E3, only one of which was actually an out there prediction, which is a lot less impressive than people are giving it credit for (still decently impressive, but not so much so that it couldn't have been a guess). Even if the person did have inside info, the fact is that they didn't give us 100% correct info, and whether they're wrong because they had bad info or because they purposely gave us bad info (whether they were wrong/lied about the characters, or merely were wrong/lied about them showing up at E3), we can't assume it's correct.

Mii chances: 35%
I wouldn't be that surprised if they showed up, nor would I be surprised if they didn't. I give them a slight disadvantage since to me they don't seem to fit aesthetically and that Smash Bros doesn't perfectly fit with Miis either (as I mentioned in the Design section). They won't feel like proper avatars in Smash. I think probably Nintendo would want them in, but I think Sakurai has the freedom to say no and has some good reasons to do so.

Mii likey: (ok I had another pun) 46%
I don't like them aesthetically, but I think they could have a fun move set and it could be fun to play around with them. It would probably get old after not very long though. It wouldn't be horrible though. I'm mostly indifferent.

Owain: 4.2%
Who da **** is this? Obscure FE character is obscure. Of course, since somebody's giving him nominations, there are some number of people who will give him decent chances (10%-40%).

Nominations:
3x Jigglypuff
2x Lucario
1x Ice Climbers

I just wanna spread out some of the FE people, so I'm switching up my nominations on that basis. 3 of them in 4 days is bad enough.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
90%
Officially Nintendo all-stars, especially with the extreme relevance of StreetPass, a feature that will remain relevant for the foreseeable future.

Nominating Saki Amamiya x5

It's crazy how many worthwhile characters this game has to go through - it could easily make it to 120 days before we start hitting the bottom of the barrel, and at that point many characters' chances will be ready for a revote due to game announcements that increase or decrease their relevancy and our collective perception of them. There's still plenty of heavy hitters to vote on; Saki Amamiya, Chrom, Anna, Takamaru, Toad, Waluigi, Tetra/Toon Zelda, Ghirahim, Tingle, Vaati, Starfy, Lip, Bayonetta, Ryu, Rayman, Professor Layton, Victini, Andy, Simon Belmont, Dark Samus, Daisy, Chibi-Robo, Captain Syrup, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Travis Touchdown, Mike Jones, Zoroark, Dillon, Zael, Alexandra Roivas- these are just the characters I feel could get over a 15% chance, and anyone with more than a 5% chance is worth voting on. Some of those characters don't even have nominations yet, so there's some to think about over the next few weeks.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Mii:
Chance: 20%
There a limitations on what Miis can do, and then there's balancing, and the fact that WFT has taken most of their potential moves. They I don't think anyone's sent sakurai e-mails asking for them, in fact I'm sure some people (hardcore balance types) have asked him not to include them.. If they're customisable it's going to take A LOT of work, and if not what's the point of them? That all said, they're Miis and Nintendo loves Miis, so they could get in just on that...

Want: 0% I'd be entirely meh about them, and they'd better not be picked by random, 'cos I wouldn't want to play them.

Owain: 3.93%
Cool character, but no chance of getting into smash.

Slime*5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Roy did poorly... :urg: Anyways,

Mii
Likelihood: 33%
I'm honestly not sure of their chances... While they are everywhere nowadays, Sakurai did not use them in Brawl, at a time when they had a similar level of popularity....

Want: 1%
No thanks. I initially liked the idea of Mii's in Smash, but pondering over it, I realized it's a bad idea. The models are under-detailed, which would make them look out-of-place in the game, and many people have poor tastes in making Mii's. (>_>)

Owain prediction: 1%
I think there will be a few users who will rate him above 10%

Nominations: Lyn x 5

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Mii

Likelihood: 65%

One of the more likely additions, to put it blunt. They pop up everywhere nowadays. The biggest thing against them really is the fact we only got a "Wii" rep - WFT.

Want: 5%

No, no, no, no. I just can't see how it would turn out good. I'm ok with the Mii really but I never want it to be in Smash as a fighter.

Owain

Prediction: Owain who? 1,3%

Nominations

Takamaru x3
Scrooge McDuck
Phoenix Wright

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
There a limitations on what Miis can do, and then there's balancing, and the fact that WFT has taken most of their potential moves.
While if WFT wasn't in the game, Sakurai could've in theory given Miis moves from Wii Fit, I don't think there's almost any overlap in their moves. The Miis were not about to do yoga. The hula hoop and volleyball could've been Mii moves, but they have plenty of other options from Wii Sports.

Also the best idea for how to use the Miis actually just came to me.

I was thinking about how giving the Miis moves from Wii Sports and such would make them not really feel like avatars in the same way. When you do Wii Boxing or Wii Bowling or New Super Mario Bros as your Mii, it's like "you" are in the game, boxing. Or "you" are in the game, bowling. Or "you" are in the game running through a Super Mario Bros level. A move set derived from the Mii games would lack that feel. You would be playing as a Mii from the "Wii" series of games, not as "you", if you get my meaning.

How could he retain the feeling that this is your avatar? Well, other characters bring in moves from their universe. Your universe is real life. And what do you assuredly do in real life if you're playing Smash Bros? Play video games! In other words, give the Mii a move set based around being a video game player, i.e. video game hardware. The Mii would attack using things like the NES Zapper, the Superscope (although I guess that's already taken), Power Pad, Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Balance Board, Game Boy, Rumble Pak, etc. The Final Smash would pull back the camera to reveal your Mii playing the game on a TV or arcade box (Smashception).

Probably they wouldn't do this because they really, really don't want to ever have news reports about children injuring themselves swinging a Wii Remote around like a nunchaku, but I would actually get behind such a Mii being in the game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Mii Prediction - 50%

As before I'm not sure how this one would go. They've certainly got relevance but who knows if Sakurai will think they deserve a valuable slot on the roster.

Mii Want - 3%

I have very little desire for them. Like FallKoopa I initially supported Miis but thinking it over I'm not sure if they're that deserving. At least not over some actual nintendo characters with more of a personality. It would almost feel more like a game feature if Miis were playable rather than a roster addition....they just have that vibe to them.

Owain prediction - 0%

I haven't gotten this far with Awakening yet but I did a little check on the wikia and I can't see him with any chance whatsoever. There's at least ten awakening characters who have more importance than him (probably more)

EDIT: Forgot my nominations

Chibi Robo X3
Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening) X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom