• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mii

Prediction: 55%
Higher than most, mostly because they're appearing everywhere, and also that one "leaked" roster list helps them out, too. But if there's any character I feel should act as a Mii replacement, it's Villager. Seriously, he's already an avatar, why not just allow us to customize him instead?

Want: 0%
nope.jpeg

Owain Prediction: 5%
Never even heard of the guy. But I'm guessing FE fans will keep him relatively alive, and give him somewhat stronger numbers in the double digits. Also, I missed Roy yesterday ;_; 10/10 would want him back.

Nomination: Geno x5

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Gonna go ahead and give this a try.

Mii Prediction - 70%
Potentially leaked, very relevant Nintendo IP and it will likely stay relevant for the rest of Nintendo's continued existence.

Mii Want - 64%
I'd really like to play as Reggie and team up with Wii Fit Trainer in some team matches.

Owain Prediction - 4%
...who? I mean I might not know a lot about Fire Emblem and all, but I do know that there are many more capable characters than Owain.

Nominations - Takamaru x5

(Did I do this correctly?)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mii

Likelihood: 50% - On one hand we have something that could potentially be a leak, but I just can't help but feel that if they were in the game they would have been revealed at E3 in Villager's place. Would seem like an incredibly odd character to just post on a Dojo update or reveal in a Nintendo Direct if you ask me.

Want: 0% - Meh.

Owa-who? Prediction: 5%

Nominations:
5x Ike

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Poor Roy...

Mii time.

Likelihood: 25%
I just really don't find it likely, especially since the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer sort of fill its niche.

I would have been more open to this if not for the aforementioned two taking any sort of niche it would have had.

Predicting a 0.98 for Owain. His name will live on in the sagas as one of the lowest rated characters.

Nominating Ice Climbers x5

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Mii: 70%
I can easily see it happen. I'm not 100% sure that the leak is true, some idiot probably got lucky, but the Miis are in no way unlikely.

Want: 1%
No. Just no.

Owain: 7%
I'm generous, so ill give him a seven. Honestly, this is obscure as hell.

For my nominations:
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Mii: A likely addition, but Sakurai may not want them. 55%
Want: NO. Just NO. 0%

Owain: 1.5% There will be people who think he has a chance, but I'm expecting a lot of 0%s tomorrow. Non-major character that has no chance.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Damn my prediction would've given me 5 extra noms if GameFAQs didn't mess with the average D:
Chance: 55% let's see there's that rumor that's probably not true but that boosts his chances due to it's existence but Wii Fit trainer lowers its chances but nintendo may demand they make miis playable as they certainly do have the relevancy factor going for them :p
Want: 20% meh, it could be cool to see my avatar beat people up because considering what mine looks like that'll be sort of funny but otherwise nah...
Owain prediction 2.5% Well be divided between 5% and 1% XD
EDIT: Forgot nominations x5 Waddle Dee because A. I actually kind of like him and B. I want him to get rated before freaking Lyn >.>
EDIT 2: Andddd I accidentally clicked reply instead of Edit. Well whatever.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Mii

Likelihood - 99%
I am a believer of the leak, because I believe there's an absolutely compelling case in favor of it, and that its detractors grasp at serious straws trying to tear it down. The notion of a user making an unedited post before E3 predicting not only the ruled-out Villager, but Wii Fit Trainer, who contrary to detractors' statements, wasn't actually brought up 'a few times,' but never mentioned aside from a single 5-comment joke thread on GameFAQs in 2010, ought to be reason enough to consider this valid. Yes, the other three were leaked to be revealed at E3, but judging by Nintendo's last-minute yanking of Retro's at-the-time secret project last year, changes in reveals aren't unheard-of. Otherwise, I feel Sakurai not giving Namco characters priority rules out all non-Pacman characters, but not Pacman himself. As much as I hate the idea of a distant and (IMO) dull character getting in, Sakurai can easily justify him being a 'special case' due to sheer recognizability.

So long story short, I'm convinced of the leak and not convinced against it; I'm not giving Mii 100% just because of the chance of the leaker trolling. Even without the leak, Mii would get a middling score due to being a mascot beyond just the Wii, and because 'Sakurai can change his mind.'

Want - 5%
I'd rather not see penis-heads and Hitler in every online match, thank you very much.

Owain Prediction - 25.5%
I'm shocked and pleased that GameFAQs didn't botch Chrom and Lucina's scores, but I fear that name recognition alone will attract more fanboys to his thread there than before.

Nominate
Ganondorf x5

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Mii

Chance: 40 %
Miis have a decent chance to fit into a roster because of their niche, or so I thought at first. Since the Villagers announcement I have been a bit sceptical, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they still are in the game.

Want: 55 %
I probably won't like them at first, but I also thought so about G&W and I love to play as him now. If Sakurai manages to give them somewhat of a unique and fun moveset (which shouldn't be too hard, given their many appearances) they might even be a nice addition to brawl.

Owain: 5,5 %
I really don't see a single chance that Owain has. Hell, even in his own game it is possible to make a playthrough without even encountering Owain. Why on earth should he be included instead of Lucina, Chrom, Robin, or any of the past FE reps?

Nominations:
5x Jigglypuff (Pokémon)

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Mii
97%
i believe of the leak so this is confirmed for me. i know people are saying things like "We already have WFT and Villager!!!!" However I believe this is in no way an argument of not having them. One may say this is a boring character but I think it would not be. Just think how many games have Mii's been in? Oh yea!!!! TONS!!! There is easily an exciting move set that can be created for the Miis. i will name the main games for the Miis. Nintendo Land, Wii Sports and Wii Play. in these games Miis have shown there potential move sets. Whether it's a tennis racket or even a Mii riding a cow into someone (from Charge!), this would be an awesome inclusion with a wacky move set.

Want: 90%
Even though the Villager has a crazy move set, there is still so many other moves for Miis to choose from. Who wouldn't want to beat people up with Chuck Norris? I do find the problem of other people playing with inappropriate Mii's online. People would do this so there should be a filtering system. A filtering system would be used to get rid of all those bad Mii's. Maybe they can register their Mii in a system where Nintendo checks the Mii and either approves or disapproves it. this obviously is a lot of work so why not just have the default Mii be Reggie?! :p Mii/s are one of my most wanted characters.

Owain: 4.32%
Who is this??????????'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nominations
Takamaru x3
Chrom x2

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Mii Prediction: 65% I mean, the leak is kinda shaky but I can see Sakurai giving the Wii at least one more rep. Plus a Mii and Villager could be customizable. All the Mii games give them a big move pool as well.

Mii Want: 50% I'm unsure about them, I like their move pool and the fact I can finally play as Reggie :3 but Miis might look awkward to fight with.

Owain: Um Who? I don't play FE that much but I'm pretty sure other FE characters have more popularity and relevance cause I've heard of Chrom and Lucina but that's about it. 20%

Nomz: x5 Starfy

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Sorry Roy...but you'll always be my boy.

Anyways, Miis.

Likelihood: 60%
They have a very dubious rumor going for them, and that's about it IMO. They're not particularly demanded, and AFAIC whatever role a Mii might have held besides being a custom character is filled by AC villager.

Want: 50%
Honestly indifferent to them at this point.

Prediction for Owain: 10%(blame Gamefaqs)

Nominations:
Snake x3
Marth x2

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Mii: 20%
Want: 40%

Owain: 5.32%

x5 Waddle Dee (I have done calculations and I have done 68 votes on him)

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Mii
Likelihood: 50%. Sakurai seems to be focusing on originality and new series
Want: 0%. PLEASE, NO!

Owain's guess: 6,7%

Nomination:
Lucas x 5

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Mii: 45%
They really seem to enjoy their Mii's.

Ugh, what a terrible idea.

Owain: 17%

Sandbag x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Mii - 75%
Probably the last newcomer deserving of a >50% rating. Hardcore Nintendo fans don't seem to like Miis, but since the Wii came out they've become a major icon of Nintendo, carrying over to the Wii U and 3DS systems and appearing in a number of games. Considering the purpose of Smash in the first place, including Miis just plain makes sense. Maybe Sakurai didn't include them in Brawl for being a potential fad or for not being fighters, but at this point its clear Miis are here to stay, and Villager and WFT prove that oddball movesets are certainly feasible now (and Wii Sports/Find Mii in particular provide plenty of oddball moveset potential). The biggest thing I could see against Mii is being considered redundant to Villager and WFT, which is certainly plausible, and the idea of Miis being customizable may also hinder their ability to be in a fighter (should their looks not be restricted like Villager's). As it stands, though, I was surprised they didn't make Brawl, and I'd be even more surprised if they failed to make the cut now.
Want - 50% - I've got my concerns regarding them, but I imagine the moveset/trailer would be so charming I'd get over it. So much potential to be a really fun inclusion.

Owain Prediction - 7.5%
By right, he should get a 0%, but he somehow got nominated within the first 20 characters anyway and will get some benefit of the doubt votes to go with genuine supporters. Should be the first character to get a higher rating on GameFAQs than here (at least, I don't think that's happened yet).

Nominations
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Mii
Likelihood: 65% They are part of Nintendo's history and are in an abundance of games, so they're definitely in the running for a spot. But there are things that could prevent them from appearing.
Want: 15% They seem like they might get old after awhile (seeing a bunch of people playing as all these different miis online). In my opinion, they don't really fit in the smash universe and kinda negate the 'seriousness' in the game. I'd rather there be a generic Mii as an assist trophy or something.

Owain: 0.1% No idea who this guy is...o_0

Nominations:
Masked Man x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mii

Chance: 75 %
Miis have a decent chance. The leak could further make them confirmed but I think Mii will be unlockables

Want: 50 %
Doesn't really matter to me.

Owain: 0 %
Who?

Nominations:
Lucario x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mii Chance: 75% The Miis could be the customization aspect Sakurai was talking about, I could see this happening.

Mii Want: 80% Imagine all the Reggie Miis I will meet during Wi-Fi Matchs.

Owain Prediction: 2% One of the least likely FE characters, I doubt this would happen.

Nominations:
Tom Nook x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mii Prediction - 60%
These guys are part of a new IP, Sakurai did say there there would be some for of customization, and they arguably made the Wii a success. Just give them attacks/weapons from the Streetpass Material and Wii Games and they are good to go.

Want - 100%

Who wouldn't want to make their own celebrity with these guys

Nomination: x5 Takamaru

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Mii Prediction - 60%
These guys are part of a new IP, Sakurai did say there there would be some for of customization, and they arguably made the Wii a success. Just give them attacks/weapons from the Streetpass Material and Wii Games and they are good to go.

Want - 100%

Who wouldn't want to make their own celebrity with these guys

Nomination: x5 Takamaru
I, definitely, don't give a **** about making celebrities in a video game's all-star fighting game

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
Mii Prediction: 80% because I believe the leak, and not only that, but Smash is supposed to represent ALL of Nintendo, and Miis are a big part of it.

Want: 100% Just because.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want to see the overall score for Mii's in want. I really do.

We have a few 100s and a sea of 0s. :laugh:

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Mii:

Chances-85%- Because of the leak. And they are really relevant. But part of me wants to believe that Sakurai realizes that no one wants Miis and they would be a stupid addition.

Want-0%- I really hate Miis. They should have never been invented, and part of me would die inside if they made it in Smash.

Owain Prediction- 2.4%- Seriously, why are we even voting for him? He has a 0% chance of getting in, and the only reason he'll get anything is because there was apparently someone who got him Nominated, who must be delusional.

Nominations:
Dillion x5

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know Mii's aren't the most exciting thing in the world but WOW.

Do you people actually hate them? I mean they aren't that bad.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I don't hate them. I do wish they would make them have a bit more personality though. They feel very generic. It really wouldn't be that hard to add some more options to them (more variety of facial features and hair, the ability to change your clothing more, etc.).

Groose

Smash Champion
Mii Chances: 65%--- Miis are rapidly becoming one of the main faces of Nintendo. They're definitely important enough and they do have a lot of sporty, comical moveset potential. Furthermore, they are the MOST REQUESTED character among the casual smash crowd---the crowd that does not mingle with the crowd here, but consitutes a major part of the audience.

Mii Want: 25%--- It would be cool for a short while, but they really don't fit with smash and wild become tiresome after a short while. Personally, I'd like them to be an assist trophy or a stge hazard on a Wuhu island stage.

Owain prediction--- 5%

Tingle x5

Sorry for any chaos at the end of this day--- I don't have power and won't be able to update the op. I believe Habereno is going I petition to become the thread owner; I wholeheartedly support this.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mii 95%

Want: 70%

Owain prediction: 7%

Tharja x5

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii

Likliness: 75%
I think considering Mii's popularity and Nintendo constantly including them into games, I can see them possible. As well, they are important to Nintendo's history.

Want: 45%
I'm indifferent. Might be interesting but I'm meh on it.

Owain
9%

Who???

Nomz:
Nightmare x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Mii- 35%
Seems balanced enough from what I've seen from people.

Want; 1%
I had a dream where Resetti and Mii were confirmed, so in honor of Resetti, I shall grant Mii a 1%.

Owain; HA! I DID IT! I ACTUALLY GOT OWAIN INTO THE NOMINATION BEFORE CHROM AND LYN! MUHAHAHAHA- er, i mean 3%lol

Noms;
Mr. Resetti x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom