• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgeiger0620

Smash Rookie
Sylveon Chances - 0.5% Because if there is any shred of a possibility, it's not 0%.

Sylveon Want - 0% Because I never played past 2nd gen, so almost nobody past 2nd gen is a want for me. Lucario is an exception, but only because I saw him in Brawl and said, "Who the heck is this?" I played as him, then liked him. He's my second main on Brawl after Ike.

Anthony Predicion - 5.2% - Who?

Noms to Lloyd Irving x5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sylveon

Likely hood 0%
Just no no eevelutions allowed to be playable on my book

Want 0%
Just no

Oh ps just to throw out to groose sonic is banned from being voted on now because he has ben confirmed as a playable character in smash brothers wii u today

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Slyveon

Chance: 0%
Want: 0%

Anthony - 4%

Nomination:

Daisyx2
Lloyd Irving x3

Groose

Smash Champion
Slyveon: 0%
I hate to give something 0%... but this would flabbergast me.

Sylveon Want: 0%
Most Gen VI Pokes? Cool. Fairies? UGH! Sylveon is no exception.

Anthony Higgs: 7.24%
Brace yourself. Other M hate incoming.

Adam Malkovitch x5
He has authorized this nomination---don't worry, guys!
DAY OVER
GROOSE IS LOOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Sylveon (Pokemon)
3.61% chance
16.2% want

Sylveon barely managed to place ahead of Geno in chance and fell to the likes of Sandbag in want. Ouch. What do I have to say about that? ...Fairies.

Today we'll be rating a character... one I'm sure you all remember. Right? He's one of just two humans ever to do battle with Ridley and survive to tell the tale. Please rate Anthony Higgs in both chance and want... and watch the world burn.

ZOOM! The Mach Rider is entering the arena tomorrow. Please predict how Mach Rider will fare in tomorrow's game. MargnetMan wins the extra noms today.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
That black dude from the trailers:

Want: 1%
Literally only because of the 'remember me?' 'Don't you know how to treat a lady?' and 'You got no style' taunts.

Mach Rider: 11%
At last, someone who stands a chance!... a very... very small chance!

Tails*3
Knuckles*2
(After sonic's early reveal I think they're muh relevant than ever, and with Sonic Heroes theme playing more likely too!)

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Anthony Higgs
Chance: 1% - He's to generic and unimportant.
Want: 14% - I suppose he could have some potential.

Mach Rider Prediction: 22%

Nominations: Chrom and Lucina team x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anthony Higgs:
Likelihood: 5%
I guess with all the representation Other M is getting, he has a small chance.

Want: 15%
Sidekick characters are always cool. But I have no attachment to him.

Mach Rider prediction: 18%

Fawful x 5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anthony Higgs:

Likelihood: 0% - Let's start this guy out very grim. There's absolutely no reason, idea or chance that this guy will make it as a playable character. I'm not saying that because I consider him competition to Ridley, I'm saying this as a big and genuine Metroid fan. Anthony is a side character in one game. Such a character has only ever gotten into Smash Bros once, and that's only as part of another character, that being Sheik (and even then Sheik is much more important in OoT than Anthony is in Other M.) Anthony is for the most part not even present in Other M, he's present a good couple of times in the beginning, but after you get Hairy-Ridley off of you, he disappears for a very long time. Only when you begin to approach the actual Ridley battle do you see him again, and once you start that battle he's presumed dead for the rest of the game, until the ending where he does... something I guess. Bottomline, Anthony isn't important to Metroid, and is hardly very important to the one game where he is in too, characters that are more important in Other M are Samus, Adam, Ridley, Melissa and MB, making him a minor character. Furthermore, even if we pretend that there are other Metroid characters that can make it into Smash besides Samus, ZSS and Ridley (which for the most part there isn't, since it has very few established characters,) he's still under Dark Samus and even Adam (though there's an incredibly enormous gap in between those two, and an even bigger one in between Dark Samus and Ridley.) It could even be argued whether Rundas has a bigger chance than him. Then there's of course the thing that Sakurai has much higher standards for newcomers this time around, which hits Anthony right in the face. He'd be the least all-star on the roster by a million miles, people that like him should begin supporting him as an Assist Trophy, that's his only chance at kicking ass in Smash Bros. And yes, I'm gonna be ****** enough to not even say "in my opinion."

Want: 0% - No, if he could get in, anyone would be able to, no matter importance and impact on their series, no matter if they're iconic or not. I'd be deeply worried about Sakurai's way of selecting characters. And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his quirky character in Other M, he was the one tolerable guy in the midst of a horribly written mess, but he's not an all-star, he's a supporting character that has little rights to stand alongside the big guys in Nintendo's own all-star game.

Mach Rider Prediction: 8% - Being an interesting Retro character might up interest in him.

Nominations:
5x Toad

Sorry for the negative tone today, but I felt like adressing this properly.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Anthony Higgs

Chance: 15%
Only three words Metroid other M.
Want: 25%
Because I prefer to have another Metroid Rep, even if is this guy (-_-).

Mach Rider: 70%
Cool retro rep, maybe he can become a big series now.

Nominations:
Tom Nook x5
.n_n.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
With Mach Rider on the horizon, looks like my 0% streak will end at seven. Hooray!

Anthony Higgs - 0%
Were Metroid: Other M a game that fans really liked, I could maybe see a world where Higgs makes a small bit of sense. I mean, he'd still be a one-off character from the franchise where fans have been asking for the same character in huge numbers since Melee, but at least he'd be someone people might care about enough to be worth considering. However, Other M wasn't liked by fans, so playable Higgs goes from a remote possibility to just plain impossible. Maybe as a trophy. Maybe.
Want - 0% - Never played Other M, and he seems pretty uninteresting besides.

Mach Rider - 13%
Not sure how much support he has here, but he's one of the few plausible retros left, which tends to earn decent ratings by itself.

Nominations
Black Shadow x5

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Likely hood 5%
If ridley fails again this is the only heir to the second metroid rep throne left

Want 10%
I did like him in other m

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Chances-Appeared in Other M, -5%

Ok, to be serious, this guy does not have a lot going for him. He's a relatively minor character in his game and thus, the franchise at large, and has to contend with much more popular and important options. He has nothing to stand out from the crowd and really shouldn't be Metroid's third rep over other more important characters. 0%

Want-0% No, there are many other better choices then him and there's no reason to have a minor character in place for Metroid.

D

Deleted member

YES! I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY THAT SONIC GOT ANNOUNCED! Ahem, anyways. Onto...
Anthony Higgs
Chance: 1%
He is a popular character from an unpopular game. As such, he seems to have some fanbase following him and they say that he is one of the best parts about Other M. But, honestly, I don't see him getting in the roster. To me, if we were to get another Metroid rep, it would be Ridley or it would be no one. I'm sorry Anthony, but I won't remember you. There are many other characters that should get in before you do. I will be kind though and give 1% if Sakurai does want to surprise everyone.
No thank you. If I want a Metroid newcomer, I rather have Ridley. And, even then, I'm not too crazy over Ridley. Sorry Anthony, but you got no style.
Mach Rider Prediction: 7.39%
People will cite him being a retro character and I think Sakurai attempted to make him playable at one point. It's hard for me to predict this guy.
Nominations: Little Mac 3x, Captain Rainbow 2x

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Manthonny Higgs
Likelihood : 0%
Right now, we don't even know if we will get a new Metroid rep, but right now it goes :
Ridley >>>> Dark Samus >> Sylux > Rundas >>> Adam Malkovitch > Anthonny Higgs

Want : 0%
Nope, come back after you will have appeared in more than one game and as a more important character, which I would not mind, keep it up and maybe we will root for you in a future smash bros.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Anthony Higgs (I remember him): 5%
Want: 0% (You aint got no style)

Mach Rider: 12.3%

x5 Toad nooooooooooo... I gave sylveon 3% but still wasn't good enough for the people that like to do .something after their fancy numbers

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Anthony Higgs

Chance: 0 %
One-off character, not important in the series or the game he is in, minor internet joke.

Want: 2 %
He is pretty generic-looking.

Mach Rider: 12.5 %

Nominations: 5x Daisy (Super Mario)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Anthony Higgs: 0%​
Want: 0%​
Mach : 15%​
Nominate:​
Ridley x 4​
Roy x 1​

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Anthony Higgs
Chance: 5%
The only reason it's that high is because everything is coming from Other M, Metroid wise. Honestly I can see Higgs being a pretty good Assist Trophy(providing he yells "YOU GOT NO STYLE". His chances are in the gutter, but seeing how little reps Metroid really has available, and seeing how he survived, they may be saving him to be a reoccuring character in future Metroids. Maybe.

Want: 15%
I'll admit, part of me wants Ant. He's a showboater like a certain bounty hunting captain, has some great lines and seems to be a capable individual in the one game he is in. Also because it would be seriously funny seeing Ridley's fanbase's reaction to this.
That said, there are better reps for Metroid(a whole one. Whoopdedoo.) and Ant has yet to do anything stellar, even though I get the feeling they may reuse him as a reoccuring as time goes on. In future Smashes, if he proves himself within his series, this want ranking will shoot up. He's definately got something about him that makes him likable, I just don't can't pinpoint it yet.

Mach Rider: 18%
Mach seems to be one of the few goto retro reps for those who think Takamaru's going to blend into the sea of blue haired swordsmen that are inevitable. That said, he has some competition from characters like Lip.

Nominations: Captain Syrup X 5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That guy that I don't remember
Likelihood: 0.2% - Meh.
Want: 0% - Meh.

Machine Gun Rider
Prediction: 17.5% - Somewhat supported, but with some detractors.

Nominations
I just make SUKY PONS for a living x5

Also, hey, Sonic confirmed! Lulz.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Heh, always kind of thought that Sonic was a bit underrated in chance. Anyways:

Anthony Higgs' chances: 1%

Mach Rider prediction: 16.44%

Andy x5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Anthony Higgs

I don't want characters i don't even know to be in Smash.

Mach Rider: 5%

x5 Pauline (Super Mario Bros)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Chances: 20%
Yeah I don't see why not.

Want: 75%
I'd honestly spend days and days laughing at all the butthurt if he got in over Ridley. ._.

5x Toon Zelda

Predicting 36% for Mach Rider

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Anthony Higgs

Popularity: One of the most popular characters of a game that was poorly received as far as its plot and characters.

Relevancy: A side character in one game of the series, one that's not as popular as Super Metroid or the Prime series. But, he's recent at least.

Design: Seems like he'd be a generic space marine, aside from the giant gun which would contribute like one special attack. Of course, they could just invent more interesting moves.

Roster and Competition: RIDLEY SMASH! Also, he's probably equivalent to Adam Malkovitch, slightly better than the other bounty hunters we've seen, and below Dark Samus. But mostly I'd just say that Ridley is the most likely, and the second most likely outcome is no Metroid newcomer at all.

Other M notes: While Samus's design draws from Other M and the Pyrosphere is from it, I don't think that means a whole lot. This is like thinking that Link's Twilight Princess design in Brawl would mean that 1. we'd get a newcomer from TP and 2. Sheik wouldn't be in. We also don't know that Sakurai will even insist on using Other M designs for all Metroid things. He may just have liked Samus's Other M design, and nothing more. I'll certainly be hoping that's the case if Ridley gets in.

Anthony Higgs chances: 0.5%
There aren't a lot of characters in the Metroid series, so he'd be on a list of possibilities. But I think he'd be quickly moved into the category for potential ATs, trophies, etc.

Anthony Higgs want: 20%
I want Ridley. And I'd rather see Dark Samus if there was some other Metroid rep besides Ridley.

Mach Rider prediction: 15%
*shrug*

Nominations:
Mikes Jones x5

THOUGHTS ON THE RETURN OF SONIC:
For one, I love that Sakurai is not making this a painful waiting game like last time. While we got basically nothing new at all for a month (no new mechanics, items, etc.) We had to wait way longer for this much information on the original Dojo. If we got about 2 characters a month between now and December of next year, we'd end up with a 45 character roster... A little more frequent and we could get the ~50 roster that would (imo) be the maximum to go without oversaturating any one series or pulling from the dregs.

I think this boosts Snake's chances, since we know for sure now that 3rd-parties can get a second appearance. It probably slightly hurts other 3rd-parties' chances though, since there's now less space for them. In both cases, not a whole lot of difference, since the likely return of Sonic was baked into their scores already.

This probably also boosts Brawl veterans a little bit. Sakurai hasn't been only revealing the most obvious veterans, which I like.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Anthony Higgs

Chances: 11%- He's got a little bit of a shot.

Want: 90%- This is one of the characters I'd love to see in the game. Though most of Other M... was sketchy at times, this guy was my favorite thing in the game.

Mach Rider

Prediction: 22%- He's old skool. Certain people like him. Not saying I do, but some people just like him enough.

Nominating...
Tom Nook, the worst villain of them all, X5

I love that happy little grin and design of Sonic in Smash 4. Reminds me of the Dreamcast and Genesis era more than the modern times.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Anthony Higgs
Likelihood:10%
Although he has a very bead design in my opinion, that actually doesn't hurt his chances. Not really thinking we are going to see a new Metroid rep this installment. If we did, it would probably be a villains.

His design is really bad. I never played Other M so I can't judge how he is in the game. But he just seems unbelievable generic to me.

Mach Rider Prediction: 23.56%
Nominations:
Ephraim x 5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I think this boosts Snake's chances, since we know for sure now that 3rd-parties can get a second appearance.

I disagree, I kinda expected Sonic's return, but I held out thoughts that it would come later and have lower priority, and that Konami had a chance to reconcile for their dismissal of the Wii U... this is clearly not the case. I would now vote snake as low as 10% at this point, and Simon and Bomberman as straight up 0%. They don't support Nintendo, so they can't get anyone new, and Snake would be extremely hard to sell to the higher ups at Nintendo at this point... If the deal was made earlier then Konami would have revealed something for Wii U already, and all they do is openly insult it...

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I miss a day and Anna passes Ephraim almost by 10 points.
Thanks guys.

Anthony Higgs;

Chance: 4.5%
Meh

Want: 4.5%
Meh

Mach Rider: 8.5%

Noms;
You know who, Groose :p

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Anthony Higgs: 0%
No.

Want: 0.1%
Is he even relevant to Other M's story? How did he get nominated before Adam Malkovich?

Mach Rider prediction: 31.75%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Anthony Higgs
Chance- 0%- First off, nobody likes Other M. Hopefully, Sakurai realizes this and doesn't put anyone from it in Smash. Plus, there's Ridley, Dark Samus, and maybe Sylux.
Want- 0%- Maybe if Other M never gets mentioned again, we'll all forget that it happened.

Mach Rider- 24.5%

Nominations:
Dark Samus x3
Mallo x2

Forde

Smash Cadet
Anthony Higgs
Chance 2%

Want: 0% I don't even want any Other M characters. Ridley should be the next Metroid rep without a doubt.

Mach Rider: 22%

Nominations
Cloud Strife x5

D

Deleted member

I disagree, I kinda expected Sonic's return, but I held out thoughts that it would come later and have lower priority, and that Konami had a chance to reconcile for their dismissal of the Wii U... this is clearly not the case. I would now vote snake as low as 10% at this point, and Simon and Bomberman as straight up 0%. They don't support Nintendo, so they can't get anyone new, and Snake would be extremely hard to sell to the higher ups at Nintendo at this point... If the deal was made earlier then Konami would have revealed something for Wii U already, and all they do is openly insult it...
I have to agree. If Konami was going to release MGSV on the Wii U, then I would rate him a bit higher. However, Konami is a bit anti-social with Nintendo in terms of Wii U support. While people might say, "Snake and Sonic appeared in Brawl together! They both have to be in SSB4!", I disagree as Sonic actually means something to Nintendo. The only reason Snake got in was because of personal request by Hideo Kojima rather than massive fan demand for Sonic. Seeing Snake coming back in this game, or any other SSB game for that matter, is something I don't see happening again.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Anthony Higgs
Likelihood: 1%

Want: 7%
I he got in the game I would laugh so hard!!! Yet, I would be disappointed at the waste of a character slot

Mach Rider
Prediction: 9.5%
Rating this guy tomorrow might actually be very interesting

Nominations:
Majora's Mask Link x5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Anthony
Chance: 2%
Another Metroid rep is unlikely if it isn't Ridley. HOWEVER, even though Ridley is in the the Other M stage so was Toon Link on the train! So does that mean it is still possible for Ridley?

Want: .5%
No...

Prediction for Mach Rider: 11.46%

Nominations
Little Mac x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom