• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Chances: 0%. What the ****?
Want: 0%. No seriously, what the ****?

Ike prediction: 85%.

Skull Kid X5

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Sandbag (as a fighter)~0%
Well, chances of it being in the game are probably 100%. As a fighter? No way Jose!
Unless they reveal that Master and Crazy Hand have been its hands all along then maybe.

Want~ 5%
As a joke character that can't do anything, maybe, but I don't see the team taking the time to give him a moveset.

Ike~66%
Pretty popular, and favorite to many.
The in-game audience likes him.

Noms:
Genesectx5

CalumG

Smash Lord
Sandbag Chances: 0% - Smash original, if we wanted to get technical we could say that it is in fact just a sandbag so whether or not it even "originated in a video game" is questionable because it's a sandbag with eyes

Want: 0% - No comment.

Ike Prediction: 70%

x5 Mr. Game and Watch

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Sandbag - 1%
The very definition of a WTF character. Really, the only way Sandbag makes it in is if Sakurai wants to surprise everyone, which he's already done with Wii Fit Trainer, so who is to say he wants another character like that? The one advantage that Sandbag has behind him is that he's a Smash original, and since we've never had a Smash rep in Smash, that alone could be enough justification to get him in. Of course, you'd still have to make a plausible moveset for him, which fans have proven is doable, though naturally it still ends up pretty silly. Seems like a pipe dream, but who knows?
Want - 75% - Can you just imagine him being the last, super secret unlockable character? It would be so weird yet so, so perfect. Do want!

Ike Prediction - 65%
We like Ike! We like Ike! (But not too much.)

Nominations
Toon Zelda/Tetra x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sandbag hits a home run!

Sandbag
Likelihood: 0%
I have VERY hard time seeing a Smash-original character to be a part of the roster. I don't see him getting added in Smash 8 or 9, even.

Want: 0%
As hilarious as the concept sounds, NO. There are a TON of character I'd rather have.

Ike Prediction: 64%
Giving him a prediction slightly less than Lucario.

Nominations: Toon Zelda/Tetra will be rated in a few days, so Ganondorf x 5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Sandbag...time?

Likelihood:
1%, and only because he's Nintendo-owned. Let's be serious here, people.

Want: 90%
That being said...I do kind of like the idea of him being the "Ultimate Troll Character," who makes even the Wii Fit Trainer cringe. :troll:

Predicting a 65% for Ike.

Nominating
Pokemon Trainer x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sand...bag

Chance - 0% - Technically, he has a 99.99% chance of appearing... as an item. As a playable character, however...

Want - 0% - What the what?! Whose *($%& %)$_*)# &#*ing *$_& in the #(%+ with the &#^$) bright $%& idea was this? I'm against smash original characters appearing, but I can see why someone would want one. This, however, is a pure troll character. Bleeping bleep!

Ike Prediction - 77% - Because somebody will think that Chrom will replace him. Ugh.

Nominations
Pokémon Trainer X2
ROB X3

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Sandbag: 15%

I did not vote for him as a joke/troll/wtf character. In fact, I didn't even consider him until right before RTC started, but once I did I thought about it. IF and only if Sakurai wants to make a Smash original, Sandbag would be the first choice. Why? Because he has very little competition from his own universe. Master Hand? Crazy Hand? Tabuu? WIRE FRAMES? I think not. Sandbag has no fanbase besides select few, but anybody who has ever played smash bros since 2001 knows what Sandbag is. Meaning anyone who has played smash bros will be familiar with him. Very casual players can enjoy the thrill of taking revenge as Sandbag as he was once the epitome of THE punching bag. He has the same amount of time on the battlefield as any other character, easily making him all-star material, even if he just stood there taking punches. Sandbag has been a staple in casual play since 2001. Having appearances throughout the stages as an item. He also is the star character in the Home-Run Contest as well as being the sole other character in the brawl online waiting room.

Drawbacks
He is an item.
Needs a very creative person to make a move set
No fanbase

Two of those do not really matter if you look at certain characters that have made it in before. R.O.B. was an out of game item. And virtually nobody expected WFT besides one prediction the day before Nintendo Direct, and that person might have intel.

Want: 100%

Ike: 68%

Geno x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sandbag(?)

Chance of being in Smash? Very high. Chance of him being playable? 0%
This really doesn't even need explaining.

Want: 0.1% and that's only because I'd like to see how in the hell they could make him playable.

Ike Prediction: 74%. There's a lot of Chrom/Lucina fans who'd love Ike to get replaced.

Nomination: Dillon X 5

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ugh. Sandbag. I seriously considered skipping this day.

Prediction: 0.00000000000%
Is it possible to make this negative ten? If not, 0 is fine. I don't even think I need to justify this.

Want: -20%
I don't care if its negative. No. No. No. No. No. A thousand times NO.

Ike: 73%

Nominations: Toon Zelda/Tetra x5
Once she's in for predicting, I'll start nominating veterans.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Sandbag: 0.5%

Ike prediction: 72%

Nominate Samurai Goroh x10.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
0% chance for Sandbag

0% want for sandbag

5x nomz for Pokemon Trainer

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure Sandbag has a 100% chance of returning

D

Deleted member

Sandbag
Chance: 0%
He will return as an item and the thing that you hit in Home Run Contest and the Practice Stage over Wi-Fi. As a fighter? It's not gonna happen. However, a moveset isn't impossible to make.
Want: 75%
That being said, I loved the Sandbag since Melee and I would love to play as him. I am not expecting him to be playable and I wouldn't be upset if he wasn't, but I would still love to play as him regardless.
Ike Prediction: 91.6%
I don't think that his chances are as low as people think because of Awakening.

Nominations:
Ganondorf 5x

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Sandbag

Likelihood: 0% - Yeah, maybe Smash is a big enough series to have a representant in their own game, but it would not be Sandbag, it would probably be Primid or some other character with an actual moveset

Want: 0% - Seriously, wtf

Ike Prediction: 85%

Nominations:
Dillon x3
Zoroark x2

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Sandbag:
Want: 1%
It would make me giggle once, so it's better than nothing.

Ike: 79.98%

Slime*5 (He's not gona L-Ooze)

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Sandbag
Likeliness : 1% We already have our WTF character for SSB4, maybe next time Sandbag.

Want: 64% That would be hilarious.

Prediction
Ike : 56%

Nomination
And since we're in smash representation, Masterhand X5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I don't know if I have put this up here yet but I made a "blog" about who would be in smash if this game was the actual likliness (and if a roster was made totally of want) Here

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Sandbag

Chance: 1% - Alright, I had my fun with Sandbag now it's time to be serious. I don't think he has a good shot as a playable unless Sakurai comes up with some kind of gimmick he wants to use.

Want: 55% - If that gimmick turns out to be fun, however, I'd actually be alright with it. He could have mini versions of Master Hand and Crazy Hand as his limbs and be called "Master Sandhand" or something...

Ike Prediction: 70% - What can I say? Ike fights for his friends and he's got a lot of friends on Smashboards so...

Nominations:
Lip x10

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Sandbag... Ugh
Chance: .0000001%
Im not going to say anything.

No way!! way too boring of a... A character?

Prediction for Ike: 86.55%

Nominations:
Sylveon x5

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sandbag

Want: 0 %

What will happen. 100% NPC :troll:

Ike - 70% due to how Pokemon went with Lucario

Nomination:

Vaati x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sandbag:

Likelihood: 0%

Want: 10% - I'd probably have a good laugh at it initally, but over time I'd probably come to hate the inclusion.

Ike Prediction: 64%

Nominations:
3x Lucas
2x Pokémon Trainer

Groose

Smash Champion
Sakurai said:
Sandbag exists for one reason only: to get smashed in the Home Run contest.

Sandbag's Chances: 1%
There is some troll potential here.

Sandbag Want: 20%
It would be hilarious at first... but then it would irk me that he beat out [insert character here]

Ike Prediction: 78%
There will be a little bit of doubt.

Nominate: Medusa x5

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Sandbag
Prediction: 100%
Guys, he's gonna be in.
But not as a playable character. (0% for those who didn't get it)

Want: 60
You think losing to Tingle, Waluigi, and Groose would be bad?

Ike: 69%

Noms:
Omastar x1
Gaius x3
Yarne x1

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Sandbag

Chances: 0% (as a playable fighter) 100%(As Home Run Contest/Item)
There is literally no chance Sandbag would be playable. Pretty sure the thing isn't even alive. It does have a face, though. I will give it that.

This is just stupid. It's bag of sand. You people aren't even trying. I nominate Homerun Bat as a playable character. Idiots.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I said pretty sure for a reason.
You're probably reading to much into it there, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom