• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Daitoryo: 2.25%
Want: 0%

DLC Characters: 25%

Zero: Zero.11%

EDIT: Bowser Jr. x5

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Daitoryo

Chance: 5%

Don't know who he is. What a surprise on my part. I really need to get out of my comfort zone when it comes to video games.

DLC:

Want: 40% Why? Because not every player has wifi or the money to get them.
Chance: 45%

Shulk X 5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Daitoryo-Historical Character, not a "Retro".
Wait, you may ask, why do you say this, Axle?

LOGIC BULLET, MICRO EDITION!

Daitoryo is an interesting, interesting thought. On one hand, he hasn't really been important in any sort of game, but he is an important character in Nintendo's history. After multiple mentions, nods and the like, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hanafuda decks are referenced somehow, trophy, character, AT or item.

Now, my rating is likely going to get under some serious fire by Blue and Pacack. But it's not like I'm going to rate him low and change my choice. I've done my own hand in research, and my own choices are there.

While Daitoryo has a lot on his track, he also doesn't.

While people can hammer on about how Historical Reps and Retros are so freaking important, there's some holes with this arguement.

We're relying on "Tradition of Sakurai here"? That's not some godlike constant, OK? It can CHANGE. On another point, Retros aren't some godlike necessity. It's not like we NEED to have Retros or a roster isn't correct or a good speculation. People expect so many newcomers to be Retro, and how many "Retro" or "Historical" Newcomers did we get? R.O.B. In Melee? Ice Climbers and G+W. If you wanna play by tradition's rules, expect one or two Retros, not 3 or 4. That's a tad ridiculous. Your rating of 47%, @ Pacack Pacack is justified in many ways, however. And yes, Harry is a Retro. So I don't really consider him to be competition for Daitoryo, a Historical Character. I do expect some sort of History Lesson induvidual, but I'm skeptical to see a Third right now. After my Logic Bullet Session with WFT, I don't believe we have a "WTFimeanthisisn'treallyimportantatallk?" character in the roster, but then again, is it necessary? It's an unreasonable choice to have some characters with too little chances or some that don't have enough of a logical arguement that Sakurai had to have noticed or selected.

In the summary that I ask you speculators to read, Daitoryo is not a Retro, but a historical character, like ROB or G+W. As a result, I find it hard to believe that some Retros are competition for a history character. Furthermore, I don't expect characters like Diskun or Harry to be competition to Daitoryo. Not only are these characters too obscure to make much sense (No, obscurity is not a redeeming quality in a character, it's a horrible one. Trust me.) but they also not only do not fit so great into the world of Smash, but they would need some SERIOUS redesigns.

In addition, Diskun. A Japanese only mascot for the Famicom is not going to beat out a Hanafuda Deck Mascot who looks much better than a yellow square thing.

Now, onto my usual system.

Pros
+After that little rant, I think it's safe to say that Daitoryo has not much in the way of competition. Unlike Diskun, he's a product/mascot that's seen itself outside of Japan a few times. Diskun is a lesser known induvidual.
+Known outside of Japan. However...
+Hanafuda cards are still popular with his deck being the most sold.
Cons
-Other than the card deck, Daitoryo hasn't been in a game outside of Japan. G+W, AND ROB beat him here, but not Diskun.
-This is a big issue that plagues Kawashima for the most part; The issue is that he was designed after Napoleon. Having a likeness to a known figure, living or dead is an issue that could cause problems.

Overall... as a historical slot, this is somewhat likely. Daitoryo is not a Retro, but a historical character. 25%

Want: I love Hanafuda Cards. You ever seen hanafuda cards? Played with them? They are quite fun. In addition, I like History a ton, and the likeness to Napoleon appeals to me for some reason. If they can make him play well, go ahead. I'll take it over... Diskun. 95%

Character DLC-The Golden Gun of Capcom.
Chances: .2%- Sakurai has already expressed that there's no DLC planned for Smash 4 at the current time. I don't expect it to change anytime in the future. (Like I said, I can only do PVC for characters.)

Want: Ok, seriously. If this doesn't get in the way of development, HELL YES. Anyone wants this. More characters. More slots. Gimme a reasonable price and I'll buy it! 95%

Zero-My Megaman fan-urges.:cool:
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! YOU CAN GUESS WHO IS GETTING A WANT RATING OF 100% TOMORROW BECAUSE MY FIRST MEGAMAN GAME WAS Megaman Zero. Yeah. Good times were had. I love Zero, I want him in a ton of fighting games. But.... Since we got 1 third party Megaman already, another isn't likely. But we can hope. .75%

Who gets My Nominations Today?
I HAVE NO IDEA ANYMORE with Muddy Mole X5!

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Daitōryō

Chance: 50%
He is important to Nintendo's history and we could get a historical rep like Mr. Game&Watch and R.O.B.

Want: 100%
Lovin' it.

DLC: 50%
There is no evidence that it will or won't happen, but I think maybe they probably will add Melee characters in it.

Want: Yes. I would totally buy it.

Zero: Zero.nine

Noms: Pichu x 5.

Groose

Smash Champion
Daitoryo

Don't know who he is. What a surprise on my part. I really need to get out of my comfort zone when it comes to video games.
That's definitely not a problem this round. To be brutally honest, I had no idea who he was before people started nominating him. He's actually the guy that Nintendo put on the box of their trading cards, when they used to make them.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Daitoryo

Chance - 0% - I tried to come up with some higher percentage, but there are just too many things going against his inclusion for me to consider.

First, there is the question whether we even have a hole that needs filling. Sure, this happened twice before, but it's not long before the well runs dry, and it honestly looks to be kind of empty already. Assuming both Mr. Game and Watch were included for this reason and not just because the concepts proved interesting, it's hard to say how long Sakurai will keep this up. Honestly, if Sakurai would replaces this slot with another slot for retros like Lip or Takamaru, I'd say that would be the most likely outcome. All this, of course, assumes that WFT hasn't already done the job for us already.

Second may just be subjective, but let's face it; Daitoryo is not as interesting as either Game and Watch or ROB from a gameplay standpoint.
Mr. Game and Watch was compilation of over 20 different games at once, containing many hidden details (His jump and free-fall come from Fire, and his Grab animation comes from Mario's Cement Factory, among many others. I honestly think nothing he does was created just for Brawl, save the dizzy animation), and was hilariously outdated with his choppy animations and retro beeping. His gameplay was the unpredictable, confusing one, who's great power was backed up by the sheer confusion of what exactly he was doing.
ROB was able to combine a loose interpretation of things he already did with creative liberties based on assorted robot stereotypes. His play style was to prolong matches until the opponent messes up, embarrassing them to no end (sounds just like a toy would play like, huh?).
Daitoryo? Looking at gameplay from Wikipedia, he's either going to be a character who's entire gameplay revolves around one of 2 specials - Mr. Game and Watch's Judge, or Marth's Dancing Blade. Now, Judge may seem like fun occasionally, but an entire move set would probably end up annoying as you can't predict anything. The Dancing Blade move set would probably end up with one-trick pony results: once a counter is developed, Daitoryo's doomed. Either way, it seems to end up lack-luster.

Last, but certainly not least, is there is nothing this character could do that a stage, item, or other thing could not do. Really, I wish more folks would think of this first. Admittedly, it's a very hard, broad counter that can be applied to almost everybody, but people need to realize that not everything that gets representation needs to do so through a character. Just cause a character has made X amount of money, made this or that happen, or is recognized world-over, it's not a free pass. They can get something else without cluttering a roster. They have to prove themselves through either offering something unique gameplay wise, or having an interesting way to fight (and it's not just having a bunch of interesting attacks).

Want - 47% - Mmm. Hanafuda is definitely something I can get behind with some sort of representation. However, playable isn't what I had in mind. Some item, like an item that you can throw repeaditly that deals various damage, or a stage, grouping the card sets' pictures into a single picture by season, would be just about right for me.

DLC charaters

Chance - 39% - I'd assume Sakurai would use this as a "Safety Net" for characters that were unable to make it to the roster. I'm praticicly 100% certain that if any charater is cut, Sakurai will make DLC for him or her. However, this chance is lightly higher that the chance of a cut happening, due to the posiblitly of a cut newcomer appering threw this.

Want - 100% - Honestly, this is a very ideal situation. Any cut character can brought back, so there's no need to worry about characters bumping each other out as much. Anything that prevents a cut charater would get a pass from me. I trust Sakurai to not intentionally hold anything back. Honestly, this might be the first time I pay for DLC, if this happens.

Zero Prediciton - 0.34% - A third-party charater from one that has already been confirmed. His name is about his score.

Nominations
Scrooge McDuck X5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Personally I think he could fight with attacks based on the pictures on the cards on Hanafuda, summoning from blossoms to a Japanese umbrella, plus he attacks with cards, that is pretty unique in my opinion. He could fight like Yugi. :awesome:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Personally I think he could fight with attacks based on the pictures on the cards on Hanafuda, summoning from blossoms to a Japanese umbrella, plus he attacks with cards, that is pretty unique in my opinion. He could fight like Yugi. :awesome:
Like I said in my post, just having some flashy, cool, or interesting move is not what I'm looking for when I think of as a charater that is unique. When I think of a charater that is unique, they have an interesting play style, not some random collection of moves. How the character plays is what matters more.

To get you an idea of what I'm talking about, here's an example-

Say both you and your opponent were a great distance away. What do you do?

Do you rush after them on the ground?
Go after them in the air?
Set up a trap?
Wait for them to come over so they can make a mistake?
Projectile spam?
Charge an attack?

You have to think how this move links into that move, how this projectile forces opponents into an area you want, and so much more.
Really, if you want to learn more about this sort of stuff, read this. This does a fairly good job of describing what I'm thinking about.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Sounds pretty awesome. I've never played ZX, so I wouldn't have known about its music.
My second series was ZX. Fun gameplay, amazing Music and it plays like the Zero games! Just avoid Advent's English VAs. Prometheus and Pandora are some of my favorite characters in gaming, and one reason is for this amazing theme.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Daitoryo
Likelihood: 1%
R.O.B may have stared off as a video game accessory, but unlike Hanafuda cards he was at least was associated with video games. Also, keep in mind R.O.B was a playable character in Mario Kart DS before Brawl. Daitoryo has not appeared in any video games. Sakurai has added some "out of the ordinary" characters but, Daitoryo goes beyond being reasonable. I doubt that the idea of Daitoryo becoming a playable character would even cross Sakurai's mind.

That being said, I can see the possibility of Hanafuda cards being represented in Smash in some other form. Maybe a sticker, a trophy, or even an item.

Want: 5%
Nintendo is not lacking in any reasonable choices that I would rather see in Smash.

DLC
Likelihood: 10%
by reading an interview about Sakurai's comment to the question of adding DLC to Smash, I think Sakurai is going to stay with his tradition of releasing completely finished games. Also, DLC is a very controversial subject since it has been abused due to unethical business practices.

Want if paying: 0%
Want if free DLC: 50% (indifferent)
Even though I am capable of obtainig DLC this Idea just doesn't interest me. I have heard that developers get a down period of something from 4 to 6 weeks after releasing a video game which is considered to be efficiently used for making DLC. If Nintendo decides to make DLC characters then I think the best characters for DLC are clone characters i.e. Falco/Wolf, Lucas, Pichu, Roy, ect.. That way the people who are unable to obtain DLC are not missing out on much.

Zero
Prediction: 0.15%

Nominations:
Slippy x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Daitoryo - 0%
I've been having trouble figuring out exactly how I want to rate this character, but the more I think about it, the more I think this is a case of Smashboards being overzealous in trying to think like Sakurai. Yes, we've had G&W and R.O.B.. Yes, that seems to indicate a pattern of surprise "historical" characters. No, that doesn't mean Sakurai is about to turn a picture of Napoleon into a playable Smash character. He's just a little too bizarre a choice, an idea so crazy it only has traction here because we're convinced something crazy needs to happen, and what's crazier than going past video games altogether? Personally, I don't buy it's something Sakurai would legitimately consider. Maybe a Hanafuda trophy or something, but not a character.
Want - 0% - I could see the value of referencing Nintendo's Hanafuda history, but I'd far rather see actual Nintendo video game characters populating Nintendo's love letter to their long history of video games.

DLC Characters - 25%
I'm going to use the same rating as I did for extensive alternate costumes because it's in very similar territory: it's an idea that makes a lot of sense, but we don't know that Nintendo will actually do it. At a minimum this could cover cut veterans that aren't critical to the core experience but would be great as potential add-ons for fans of the characters (Roy, Dr. Mario, etc), which seems like easy money and tons of happy fans should they pursue it. They could further add popular characters that miss the disk for whatever reason (say K. Rool, Palutena, or Isaac), which would take more effort but again would surely be a huge fan pleaser and money maker. Nintendo's even starting to push the idea of DLC in recent years, though thankfully they still seem to focus on making the base games so awesome/complete that DLC isn't required. However, it's also something that Sakurai and company may simply not want to do, and of course there is no history in the franchise to suggest this is something they would do. I'll rate fairly lowly given this very significant uncertainty, and I generally don't expect it to happen, but it's certainly very, very plausible.
Want - 100% - I'm personally a big fan of DLC characters in fighters, and especially so for a game like Smash where there's far more characters that would be great inclusions than could possibly be included in the base game. It's not needed to make SSB4 great, but it could certainly help make the game even greater.

Zero Prediction - 0.75%
I'm expecting some generous predictions, but a lot more people who think a third-party game getting two characters is impossible.

Nominations
Sheik x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Daitoryo Likelihood: 0%

DLC Characters: 10%
Want: 25%

Zero: .55%

Wrestler x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Daitoryo - 25%

Old and obscure and I feel better retros could be added. But given how Sakurai seems to enjoy adding old, but notable characters from Nitnendo's history (Mr. G%W and R.O.B.) it's certainly possible, I just don't think it's very likely. I'm not entirely sure why.

Want - 50%

Formerly I was opposed to any form of Hanafuda being playable, but now I'm just indifferent to the inclusion of a Hanafuda character.

DLC characters -33%

Kind of tired tonight, so I might edit this and explain more later.

Want - 100%

Especially if it means getting Pichu back, as well as any Brawl veterans that do not manage to return.

Zero prediction - 0.42

I'd probably have it even lower than this, but I think he'll end up getting more credit than he truly has. I think if any third party franchise would get a second character, it would be Sonic. Even then, a second Sonic character is quite unlikely.

Nominations: Black Mage x5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Daitoryo:
Likelihood: 3%
When it comes to predicting historical characters, we've always been in for a surprise. While the pattern for G&W and ROB would suggest that we would get another such character, it is a bit far from a guarantee. WFT trainer already filled the niche of a character no one had asked for, so there's that to consider too.

Want: 66%
If and only if he used cards for attacking. That was the sole reason I got interested in Daitoryo, and his predecessor, Mr. Hanafuda.

DLC characters:
Likelihood: 33%
I think it has a pretty good chance of happening. It is a good way to bring back characters who got cut because of time constraints, and would help to maintain interest in the game for longer time.

Want: 100%
Why not? I'm personally a fan of big rosters... and Y'know what they say: the more, the merrier!

Zero prediction: Zero.2% (Sorry, couldn't resist. :troll:)

6 Mario characters x 5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Daitoryo: Chance: 0% / Want: 0%

He's never been in a video game (as far as I can tell), which makes him ineligible. And my low want stems from him being ineligible. Sure there's the reference of the Hanafuda cards, but that's not a video game.

DLC: 25% Chance / 50% Want

It's certainly an option that will be explored, of which I have no doubt. My want score is borderline because I hate DLC that's already on the disc.

x5 Little Mac (hopefully that 88% chance gets knocked down soon, because I don't think most realize how high that number is).

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I'm going to try and put more explanation into my posts, lets give it a shot.

Daitoryo
Chance: 11%
Want: 25%

Honestly, I did not know about this character until I came on Smashboards. I wanted to give a fair rating, so after a bit of research, this is what I uncovered:

He is the oldest character Nintendo has. The longevity of this character is astounding and spans into 3 different centuries, long before video games could even be comprehended. Nintendo has been making these cards since 1889, so its clear that this is something they are quite proud of. As a retro/historic character, he would be a good choice for Nintendo.

...But the game isn't for Nintendo. It's for the fans of their series. Their videogame series. It is what Nintendo is most famous for, not a card game. On top of that, Daitoryo is made in the likeness of Napolean and putting real people into Smash hasn't been done before (Kawashima) and i don't think it will happen. Not only will this alienate a large number of fans, barring the hardcore ones (that would be us,) but more will literally confuse him with Napolean and wonder why a French politician/military leader is in the game. It doesn't seem feasible or even reasonable to me. It would better suit as an item IMO.

He also has some competition (not much) from Diskun, who was only on the Famicom.

I'm not completely against it, but I am more interested in others.

DLC Characters
Chance: 30%
Want: 100% (Provided it isn't that on-disc BS)

When we take into account how Sakurai is considering patches for balancing in the game, DLC is not much further along those lines. If he is already going back to the game to fix characters, i don't see why he couldn't develop new ideas while doing this. Not to mention bringing back potentially cut characters would be nothing but pure fan service for those who loved to play as old veterans. Also, consider who is helping make this game. Namco. They have quite the resume when it comes to fighting games, and with that comes DLC and integrating said DLC in a balanced manner. While it may not be intended at first, it could still happen a year or two down the road.

After that, there is really no other information that can fully support DLC characters.

As far as want, this is an ideal scenario for me. While I am a firm believer that games should be made to their full potential, as in they should have the full content of the game, i understand that is not always the case, especially nowadays where companies will purposely leave out content to increase the value of their games. This is also why I can understand why some people may be hesitant, but I can say in confidence that Nintendo knows how to handle DLC. Super Luigi U, for example, was $20 and was the same length as the $60 game with different mechanics. That is quite alot more when compared to say, Battlefield, in which $20 will get you a few new guns and a couple maps, and is sometimes mandatory if you want to play online. In other cases, such as Pikmin 3, DLC is free.

If there was a character you desperately wanted in Smash that was not included, there is a chance that DLC could be their opportunity. Cut veterans can also make a return, which would be nothing but pure fanservice.

DLC is critical to increasing longevity of games One of the things that Brawl lacked was community and company support. It's potential was not fully reached, which was a drawback.

Zero: 0.31%

Nominations:
Robin x5

Whew, rant over.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That's definitely not a problem this round. To be brutally honest, I had no idea who he was before people started nominating him. He's actually the guy that Nintendo put on the box of their trading cards, when they used to make them.
They actually still make them to this day. Heck, I bought a set recently.
No one knows that there were Hanafuda videogames at the time? Quite a big surprise.
There were actually lots of Hanafuda videogames back in in the early 1980s and 90s.
The following is a list of video games with Hanafuda in them in one form or another.

• 1500DS Spirits Vol. 5: Hanafuda - Nintendo DS (Japan only)
  • 64 Hanafuda: Tenshi no Yakusoku - Nintendo 64 (Japan only)
  • Clubhouse Games - Nintendo DS
  • Hanafuda - Super Famicom (Japan only)
  • Hanfuda Ou - Super Famicom (Japan only)
  • Hanafuda Trump Mahjong: Depachika Wayounaka - Game Boy Advance (Japan only)
  • Honkaku Hanafuda GB - Game Boy Color (Japan only)
  • Karan Koron Gakuen: Hanafuda - Mahjong - Game Boy Color (Japan only)
  • Pocket Hanafuda - Game Boy Color (Japan only)
  • Super Hanafuda - Super Famicom (Japan only)
  • Super Hanafuda 2 - Super Famicom (Japan only)
Also, this is a treasure in Pikmin 2.

So, arguably, he has appeared in a video game as well.

And when it comes to him being based off of a real person...that's not really a legal issue anymore since Napoleon's dead. And there's no serious problem with confusion. I'm pretty sure the real Napoleon didn't have orange skin and didn't use plants and birds in combat.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Also, this isn't totally directed at any one person, but for those of you who have never heard of him before, please check out the support thread in my signature or consider abstaining. You can't give an accurate chance score without knowing the character's pros and cons.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Daitoryo

Chances 1%: Simply for being associated with Nintendo. But I don't feel like the devs would want to really dig that deep for characters. And on the surface, there isn't much to work with. The Hanafuda would be better off as a stage. Or at the very least, as an item and trophy in Smash.

Want 0%: Sorry. I can't say that I'm interested in that idea.

Downloadable Characters/Stages/Ect.

Chances 50%: For now, I am putting this at an even 50. If Smash 4 has any characters that don't make it in on time, we could see them come back with the prospect of DLC. Stages seem like a good addition. Even more so if old stages come back this way, it'd be a little easier to transition in HD than making something completely new. Costumes could happen too, so long as the fanbase is loud enough for it.

Want 90%: I'm not completely against DLC. I know that sometimes it gets abused, like in Street Fighter X Tekken. However, this could be the one way many lesser known characters are thrown in Smash. As stated earlier this can also give players the chance to play as scrapped characters who didn't make it on time for the initial release. Also new stages seem like fun.

Zero Prediction 2%: Most don't see a third party series getting more than 1 character to play as. That alone will bog him down almost completely.
Though I would like to think that 2 characters from 1 company would be easier to get than constantly going around multiple companies. Zero is one of the more popular character in the Mega Man series. Likely being behind Mega Man himself.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Daitōryō
He's like RoB and Mr. Game & Watch in a way so 33%
want 50% I'd like to see how he'd work.

DLC characters
33% I can see it but it's no lock
100% want

x5 Funky Kong

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Daitoryo

I don't think Daitoryo would be a continuation of the pattern of Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, R.O.B. or Pit... He's not a video game character, for one.

As for R.O.B., I don't buy that comparison, at all. R.O.B. might have been a video game accessory, a piece of hardware, but that doesn't make him not a video game character. Just because he wasn't on the cartridge doesn't mean he shouldn't count as a video game character. He's treated as a character in the games, he's just not displayed on the screen. You do interact with him to play the game. He is, at the very least, borderline, while Daitoryo is very clearly not a video game character. Not to mention that he had appeared as a playable character before in Mario Kart and so forth.

Daitoryo would be something completely different. Now, if Sakurai were going to violate his rule that fighters need to originate in video games, a character like Daitoryo would be the type he might do it for. He was created by Nintendo and is important to their history. Then again, Sukapon hasn't gotten in, despite some fan demand, because he's from a fighting game, even though it's a defunct series created by Nintendo and therefore a "good candidate" for violating that rule.

But anyway, if he got in he'd be a clear WTF character, and WFT already fills that. Sakurai doesn't want to bloat the game with too many characters, and I just can't see Daitoryo as a necessary inclusion. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw no retro/history character at all, but Daitoryo wouldn't be the worst choice for that, I suppose.

I don't think he would be a crowd pleaser. I think the non-Japanese audience will not only not recognize him, but find his inclusion far less palatable than Wii Fit Trainer. At least you know who WFT is and understand Wii Fit. Westerners don't know hanafuda and won't get the moves and won't get why he's in there.

Daitoryo chances: 2.2%
I don't think Sakurai feels the need to dig so deep for random characters add just because. Plenty of obscure characters have received callouts in Smash through trophies, music and stickers. He would definitely be a good candidate for something like that, but a full playable character?

Daitoryo want: 35%
I'd rather see a lot of other characters, but I would get over it.

DLC characters

Hmmmm, Sakurai has said he's not planning on it right now and is focused on making a complete experience. But once the game is out, he may return to the question and he's not opposed to it on principle. This is heartening since his view is to create a full game first, not to intentionally hold back for DLC to milk more money.

Anyway, it's definitely not a negligible chance. Sakurai has expressed openness to the idea. I can see it going either way, but this is one that we definitely won't find out about until well after the release. If Sakurai is being honest and the game isn't rushed out the door before Sakurai can add all he wants to add, I wouldn't expect any DLC for a few months after release, at least.

DLC characters chance: 20%
Sakurai is focused on making a complete game. Which means he will tend not to think that what he releases needs any additional content. Brawl's balance could've used some heavy tweaking, but nobody can claim there was a lack of content in it. Sakurai may want to add new characters later as conditions change, but I think he'll probably be satisfied with his roster since he'll have spent so much work on it. Only if there's a strong fan outcry about someone's exclusion or something would I expect him to be swayed if he's himself satisfied. But maybe he'll later on think it would be nice to put back in cut characters or something, so it's possible.

DLC characters want: 70%
It would be a nice safety net if some of the characters I want don't get in. On the other hand, I don't want to pay a lot... And I wouldn't want to feel like they left content out on purpose. Fortunately, Sakurai has expressed his distaste for that approach.

Zero prediction: 0.5%
I dunno. I'd have thought Knuckles would be really, really low. But I guess red second bananas of blue heroes might perform better than I expect.

Nominations:
Toad x5

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Daitoryo

Chances 100%: Would be the most wtf character ever put and would make people laugh and rage more then wii fit trainer, game and watch, rob, pit, ness, snake, sonic, villager and Pokemon trainer combined!

Want 100%: would be the best character in the game. Someone who fights like gambit and Yuna from final fantasy? Yes please!

Downloadable Characters/Stages/Ect.

Chances 100%: He has to be in the game. He's important to Nintendo.

Want 100%: he'll ya! He's better then Mario and Zelda series combined!

Zero Prediction 0%: No more trash in smash please.

Predict Tony(Earthbound) x 5

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Daitoryo Chances: 4% Just a shot in the dark, since I know nothing about him.
Daitoryo Want: 0%: I generally dislike characters I now nothing about. Saad but true.

DLC chances: 50%: Sakurai told this was not planned FOR NOW.
DLC Want: 70%, if FREE. If not DLCs are WRONG.

Zero prediction: 0.001%

Bayonetta x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom