• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So, isn't the day over? ... Alright.

ZERO HOUR! GO!!

Bleh he he he.... BLECK!
Chances and Want: 0% - Don't get me wrong, I flipping love Super Paper Mario, and I adore Count Bleck's character. But face it: he's not getting in, not in a million years. Plus, there are dozens of other characters out there that deserve a spot better than him, and, besides, why would you add him and not add Paper Mario?

Blueboobs McFurrydream
Chances: 0.5% - I really, really, really doubt her inclusion, let alone any other SF character. But one can never be sure.
Want: 0% - I don't really find her appealing in the slightest.

IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DUEL! Oh wait, wrong set of cards...
Prediction: 0.25% - Face it Blue, this one was kind of doomed from the get-go...

OH AND GUESS WHO STILL HAS EXTRA NOMS! (Which I couldn't use cuz the site updated)
ZERO X10, SUCKERS! THE MAVERICK OUTBREAK SHALL BE UNLEASHED!!

Groose

Smash Champion
So, after Dedede's reveal, I immediately thought... oh dear Hades. I'm going to go on RTC, and people will be discussing Waddle Dee instead of Bleck and Krystal. And you know what?

I WAS RIGHT.

So, I'll be getting to updating now. Check back in about an hour or so.

Last edited:

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Count Bleck- 0% Another Mario Newcomer is not a high possibility, and, even if we get one, there're many more more important, popular and recurrent choises
Want: 0% Not even played his game

Krystal- 20% Starfox getting 4 reps is almost "overkill" but she's relatively popular and has potential for uniqueness
Want: 80% I love her design and would love her playstyle with the staff

Daitoryo prediction: 2,6%

Micaiah x 5 (Please, let's not rate Ryu!!)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Logical about what?
Wii Fit Trainer is the WTF, it should be obvious by now.
Wii Fit Trainer is more like Zero Suit Samus. An unexpected character, sure, but not a historical character such as Mr. Game and Watch or R.O.B., which we've gotten in both Melee and Brawl. I think it's foolish to not look out for one this time around.

Groose

Smash Champion
Krystal: 0%
You know, I was wondering where you went to. I find your posts some of the more interesting on this thread. I should have guessed you'd be back for Krystal.

Micaiah x 5 (Please, let's not rate Ryu!!)
We won't be rating Ryu tomorrow, but it's only a matter of time. Anyway, I don't think we'll be rating Micaiah yet, either; a certain character flew up the nominations today.

I just reviewed the results.
Apparently Dr. Kawashima, Slime, and Sylveon all have a better chance than an actual Melee veteran.
Make of that what you will.
That may be in part want impacting chance. That may be in part because when you get down to that low of a chance, a percent or two really isn't that much of a difference.

Count Bleck-GIBBERISH SCREAMING MY NAME
Pros
+Ummm..... cult favorite? He doesn't got much going for him...
Cons
-Requires Paper Mario, who isn't likely himself.
-Likely 6 slot cap slaughters him.
Overall... yeah, this isn't happening. No way we are getting Bleck without Paper Mario, nor 7 slots. .09%

Krystal- GIBBERISH LANGUAGE AND STAFFS BOIIII
Pros
+She's the next likely candidate. Kinda like Bandana Dee.
Cons
-Adventures?
-Star Fox "Has enough" Though this is an debatable aspect.
-Can easily turn into a clone. This is not good.
-Last Star Fox game? Command.
Overall... a better shot than Bleck but not much. 5%.
Don't think I've come out and said it before, but I love reading your pros and cons section. Informative... and often humorous.

Noms:5x Three FE reps
As much as the whole Fire Emblem being rated nearly every week thing, I'm really excited for this day. I honestly want to see what people think.

We'll get to a point where even Owain will have a higher chance than a Melee veteran. We have rated every veteran, except Young Link.
Young Link is going to earn a flat-out zero from me. Honestly, having three Links is incredibly stupid... especially when all three have near-identical movesets. He DESERVES to have a lower score than Owain.

Never mind those guys, Anthony Higgs has a higher chance than a Melee veteran according to this thread. That's harsh.
OBJECTION! I think Anthony actually has a bit of a shot. I find he's UNDERRATED here. I don't really even want him in [RIDLEY FTW!], but I think Anthony has a semi-decent shot (7.5%-10%). Still, I'd have Pichu higher than him by a hair, as yesterday's rating shows.

I wish we could get a completely unbiased opinion on characters so that K. Rool and Ridley aren't overrated and Krystal and Chrom now aren't underrated.
I try to like the posts that I strongly agree with, the posts that make me laugh, and the posts that I think make reasonable arguments even if I don't agree. I should really like a lot more posts than I do, but I'm often in a hurry. Anyway, I think I liked both of your posts today.

Young Link's chances here will probably be as dead as Masked Link's.
I suspect he'll meet with a terrible fate. And when I say that, I mean a score lower than Masked Link's.

Oh, I really shouldn't have done that,

Well of course people are extremely biased, just like we can say you're just biased in favor of Krystal. We're all human, we carry our opinions like flags and use logic and reason in ways that will be convenient towards what we believe.
Also consider, that a lot of people here had high expectations for Krystal in Brawl and that didn't happen, so now there's a greater sense of humility in terms of trying not to overrate how likely she is this time.

Something else: between the overrating from people who like her, and the underrating of people who don't like her, we're likely to get a more accurate average that fairly represents her chances. And that's really the point of this game, and the point of having looked back to see if anyone was overrated in previous days.
Amen. As I like to preach... it all balances out. Hopefully. Personally, I'm trying to remove balance and strong hunches from my ratings. For example, my last Ridley rate was 50% or so, as was my last Palutena and K. Rool rate. I see them as being slightly more likely than not even if I want them a lot, and I give them such high scores only because they don't really have much going against them compared to other characters.

So, isn't the day over? ... Alright.

ZERO HOUR! GO!!
Make sure you come back when it's Zero's day! Your posts are too good for you to miss it!
Not that anyone doubted his chances, but the King is back! with a **** face.
I wonder if Brawl in the Family will be influenced by his more... expressive side. I'm anxiously waiting for the next comic.

This is quite true. I know another forum was doing a similar thing, and I'd like to see if they're the same. Krystal is overly hated on here on Smashboards, far more than other Smash communities. Likewise Ridley is overpraised a lot here compared to other places, and Chrom is more loved over at GameFAQS than here. K. Rool is highly requested(although despite this huge fanbase still for some reason can't get into an actual DK game of recent) but the sycophantic nature of Smashboards collective seeing about six characters as the only worthy ones does put my nose out of joint on a frequent basis.

It's a shame Japan itself cares far less about Smash speculation than we do, or maybe we could compare and contrast their equivalent of this game. We know they care less about individuals such as Ridley and Isaac from Chrono's notes, but many of our opinions have changed as time has gone on;
I agree with you about the "six characters" thing. It's kind of sad that those are my most wanted characters, and it almost makes me feel a bit guilty, a bit of a band-wagonist... but that's not the case. I grew up with K. Rool, and giant space-dragon is sweet in my book, etc.

I've kind of noticed that Waddle Dee has become one of Smashboard's new token characters. He's pretty much dismissed elsewhere, but here he can get 60% want on RTC with people flagrantly dropping 0's! Honestly, I think Chandelure and his cronies have done amazing work promoting him up.

I wouldn't say that Japan cares less about Smash speculation than we do. I think it's the language barrier at play; I can translate the Japanese text, but I just don't know where to look in the first place. I don't know if they have a RTC, but they probably do have a lot more stuff than I can access.
I'm more surprised I even got that close! I typically just give off a semi-random number that makes some sort of sense at this point. I never expect to win any nominations at all, so I'm not complaining.
Oh, I know you weren't. I was just being my blabby, overly-apologetic self.

I've made up my mind that I'm only going to nominate stages from now on. All the characters that I wanted in Smash have already been rated and we seriously need someone giving stages some love. So consider me the "Stage-Guy". :)

Dr. Mario stage x5
Good idea. I think I'm pretty much done with Newcomers (I do have some unfinished business with Magnus, Adam Malkovitch, and Jimmy T., but they're all near the top and not in a hurry), but I don't want to dedicate myself exclusively to stages. There are some concepts I want done, too.
There's three or four more characters I'm going to push for, then switch to stages.

Suggestions for stages: Bowser's Castle, Gangplank Galleon, Tourian, Pokemon Stadium 3, Duck Hunt stage, Rhythm Heaven stage, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario "Stage", Elemental Lighthouse, Smashfloats, N's Castle, Lylat Cruise, Nintendo Land
I can concur on the the character-to-stage idea, and I've added all of the stages you've suggested to the list. I gave them each a nomination. And I changed Paper Mario Stage into the Glitz Pitz because Rawk Hawk told me to.
You do know that Koi-koi (the most popular game that you play with hanafuda cards) is a gambling game, right? It's basically the Japanese equivalent of poker.
DID YOU KNOW that Nintendo also made Love Hotels? Yeah. It's one messed up company. It's more "mature" than Microsoft ever was.

I added Count Bleck to the music section. Note I may not be able to update as quickly as wanted due to my computer crashing.
Look. Updating once a week would probably be better than I can do. You've done a bang up job so far. Don't pressure yourself on the music section.

WOW! That's the most likes I've gotten in a single post - a record (for me) 9 likes. Thanks guys!
Gratz! I've always liked your posts and yours in one of the earlier names I'd give if I had to list off who the regulars of this game are. If you want more likes on your posts, though, I suggest you go over the top. Posting gifs, especially those of Phoenix Wright, is a sure-fire ticket to success there.

Now if you'll excuse me, but I will rate Count Bleck in 3rd person.
Count Bleck
Chance: 0%
Count Bleck is seriously being rated, asked Brawler610? Brawler610 thinks that this is such foolishness! Count Bleck stands no chance at all, exclaimed Brawler610! Count Bleck was only featured in one game, Super Paper Mario
and he wasn't even the main villain in that game
. He may be popular, but Brawler610 questions why should Count Bleck be added on the roster? The answer is very simple as to why he shouldn't, said Brawler610. It's because if there was a 6th Mario character, it would definitely be Bowser Jr.! He has more demand, more popularity, more prominence, and he was in Paper Mario: Sticker Star! The battle for a probably 6th Mario slot is now going to be Bowser Jr. or bust, thanks to Rosalina. Even if Paper Mario was the 6th Mario character, Count Bleck has no hope as he is a one-off villain! Count Bleck… he will be forgotten.
Want: 0%
Brawler610 loves Super Paper Mario and Brawler610 recommends that you play the game yourself! The gameplay is good as is the story; it's very dark for a Mario game. But, that doesn't mean that Brawler610 wants him. Brawler610 would be confused and angry if he got in, especially over Bowser Jr., a newcomer that Brawler610 wants! Brawler610 is already furious with Rosalina, so you can't imagine the rage and hatred Brawler610 would have if Count Bleck was added!
Heh. Hilarious post. remember Super Paper Mario too... if you refuse to take the quest up at the end of the first cutscene three times, you get a game over. And, since you haven't had an opportunity to save yet.. you have to watch a ten-fifteen minute cutscene again. Still, it was hilarious when I did that, and the most memorable thing about the game, in my opinion.

Count Bleck: 0%
He's behind only Banjo as the least likely character we've rated thus far. Why... just why would this happen? At least Chancellor Cole was recent.

Count Bleck Want: 0%
I remember him. Even though he shares a lot of similarities with Fawful, I just didn't like him. I don't know. Anyway, he'd be a major waste in Smash. If we must have an insignifigant Paper Mario villain, give me Rawk Hawk instead.

Krystal Chance: 33.33%
Krystal has a few things up her sleeve. First off, she's the clear frontrunner in her series. Slippy and Peppy are cool, but she's surpassed them by far. Her popularity is massive; she's a borderline top-ten request worldwide. I'm not going to lie, her hatebase is sizeable, but it is smaller than her fanbase. She's also got pretty good moveset potential, AND could easily be a semi-clone--that combination is not something many characters can claim. However, despite all these positives, I'm only going to give her a third shot at getting in, mostly due to her series. Star Fox is wounded, and it's limping away from Krystal. I'm not even sure if she has a role in the future of the series--heck, I'm not even sure the series has a future. Also, it already has three characters in Smash; Krystal could become a fourth or she could become a replacement, but neither scenario seems particularly likely to me.

Krystal Want: 25%
I'm not a Star Fox 64 purist. Do I think it's the best game in the series? Yes, by far. Do I think its sequels were good games? Well, Adventures was OK, but nothing to write home about, while Assault was a pretty solid game. As for Krystal... didn't care for her too much in any of those games. She fits on the team fine enough, but she's not as memorable as the other characters. Honestly, I don't really see why anyone would hate her or love her. She gets a low want score from me mainly because there are other characters I want, and I don't necessarily have to see more Star Fox in this game.

Hanafuda Napoleon Prediction: 5.23%
He's a niche character, but I think he'll find some love here.

Dr. Mario Stage x5

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I've kind of noticed that Waddle Dee has become one of Smashboard's new token characters. He's pretty much dismissed elsewhere, but here he can get 60% want on RTC with people flagrantly dropping 0's! Honestly, I think Chandelure and his cronies have done amazing work promoting him up.
First SmashBoards, then the world!
Thank you XD

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Don't think I've come out and said it before, but I love reading your pros and cons section. Informative... and often humorous.
I developed it to create a less biased point. I'm thinking of going more in depth in the future, thanks for the mention. :cool:

:rotfl: We are legion, for we are many.

This new day is going to be interesting... we're rating a historical character.

Groose

Smash Champion
Count BLECK
0.26% chance
11.90% want

BLECK! The Count defeated only Yarne, Omastar, Cole, and Banjo to place fifth worst among all newcomers in chance. His want score... was also near the bottom five, but I can't say exactly where. And that reminds me of something I ought to do...

Krystal (Star Fox)
16.33% chance (previously 32.86% chance)
27.05% want (previously 49.54% want)

Krystal's chance was more than halved, dropping an amazing 16%.This will move her from Rank 16 to Rank 26, allowing Samurai Goroh to boost into the Top 25. To top matters off, Krystal's want also fell off of the statistical cliff. I think she needs more help now than even Slippy does.

Today we're rating Daitoryo. Instead of providing a brief synopsis like I normally do for less-mainstream characters, I'm quoting a post sent to be by Pacack. I think this is is a good time to note: if you want a character that you've nominated handled a certain way, just PM me or post here. Anywho, please read the following quote and then rate Daitoryo in chance and want.

Daitoryo is the character depicted on the front of the Daitoryo Hanafuda card decks of Nintendo. The Daitoryo style of their cards are the top of the line deck and is, as such, their most popular one. Daitoryo translates into "President", and indicates the high-quality of the cards. The character Daitoryo was based of off Napoleon with some (fairly major) artistic license.

While Daitoryo does not appear on any of the actual hanafuda cards, he is depicted on the front of both the plastic case which holds the cards and the cardboard box which holds them within said case (He actually appears twice on the cardboard box. On both the front and the side of the box.) Typically, after opening, the cardboard box is not kept and the case is used to store the cards from then on.

The Daitoryo deck is still in production today out of Nintendo's respect for its origins. They have also referenced the deck multiple times in their games (most notably Pikmin 2 and some Warioware titles). Nintendo has released two special edition decks in recent years which essentially parody the Daitoryo deck with newer Nintendo characters. The first was the Mario Hanafuda deck which was available through Club Nintendo (which shows Mario on the front of the case), and the second one is a new Pokemon deck (with Pikachu on the front).

[Groose's Note: For the picture of the character, see the OP.]
In addition to rating the Hanafuda mascot, we're also rating a concept. Please rate the chance and want of having characters as DLC. It doesn't matter if it's paid or free, on-disc or way post-launch, or even system exclusive, but the DLC has to add a playable character. We good? Also, this might not be a bad time to talk about probable DLC characters, but that's not what you have to leave a score for.

Tomorrow we're going to rate Zero of the Mega Man series. Please predict how Zero will fare in tomorrow's game. Personally, I predict he will have near-ZERO chance. Get it? Zero, Zero? Ah, I couldn't have any of you beat me to that one. Today's winner of the noms is FalKoopa. Enjoy the extra five.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Daitoryo:

Chance: 47%
And I’m not just pulling this number from thin air. I genuinely consider it to be like an 85% chance that we’re getting another historical character like Mr. Game and Watch or R.O.B.. And that 15% doubt is only there because of R.O.B.’s reception last time. We know that Sakurai really likes historical characters if he added Mr. Game and Watch before Dedede in Melee and R.O.B. before Ridley or K. Rool in Brawl, so I expect him to include one again.

However, Daitoryo has some pretty big competition; most notably from Diskun. Diskun’s obviously still known by Nintendo if they released a hat of him for Streetpass. That said, however, I think that hanafuda is a far more integral part of Nintendo’s history than the Disk Drive and, as such, will probably get a representative first. I also think Daitoryo has far more potential as a fighter than Diskun. (If you’re curious, the OP to the Daitoryo thread is in my signature and includes two movesets; one by myself and the other by Tepig2000.). Diskun’s possible inclusion brings Daitoryo’s chances down by about 20%.

Then there’s also smaller competition from Sheriff, a toy era representative, the EVR Racer, and a couple other oddball choices (possibly including some that we haven’t considered). They collectively bring down the chance by another 15% percent.

Then there’s the slight possibility of a different hanafuda representative like Rainman being chosen, which I only dropped the chance by 3% for, since I don’t think it would happen.

Overall, I think most people here are going to be underestimating his chances. I think he’s the forerunner for our next historical rep by a significant amount. With the references to hanafuda in many games (most notably Pikmin 2 and the Warioware series), Nintendo’s still active hanafuda business, and Nintendo’s recent releases of the Mario and Pokemon Hanafuda decks (which put Mario and Pikachu where Daitoryo normally is), he’s in a position very similar to the one R.O.B. was in pre-Brawl times. And, looking at all of Nintendo’s history personally for months now (putting myself into Sakurai’s shoes), I’m not seeing a better choice than Daitoryo.

And before you say that he didn’t originate from a video game, please note that R.O.B. didn’t either. (In fact, that was the most important part about him. He was specifically marketed as a toy so that Nintendo could break into the video game market in America. That wouldn’t have worked if he was just another video game character.) And, while many argue that R.O.B. got in due to his appearances in multiple games before, they ignore the fact that Daitoryo or hanafuda in general has been referenced very frequently as of late. He’s Nintendo property no matter how you slice it, so he’s a perfectly viable candidate for inclusion should Sakurai decide to add him.

Want: 100%
And, believe it or not, I want him as badly as I want Pac-Man now. I wasn't kidding when I said that I spent months researching the perfect character for our third historical representative. I searched and I searched and the best choice was ultimately Daitoryo. I now own both a Daitoryo hanafuda deck and a Mario hanafuda deck because I’ve found it so interesting. I know how to play Koi-Koi and have shared the game with my friends and family. Hanafuda’s become a fairly big part of my life now. Combine that with the possibility of my correctly predicting one of Sakurai’s more out-there character choices and I’m really hoping for the character. So, I guess, here’s hoping.

DLC Characters and Zero Prediction have been added to this post.

DLC Characters:

Chance: 14%
This is a difficult one to predict. On one hand, we know that it's a very real possibility with the Wii U. On the other, we know that Sakurai likes putting out games that are filled with content right from the get-go. I'm not keeping my hopes up for this one.

Yes. Yes please. I don't care who the characters are; I want it. I know that Sakurai will do his very best to get the game out as complete as possible and that DLC will not affect the roster except in good ways and I'd welcome it with open arms.

Zero Prediction: .55%
Going with a little under Pheonix's chance score, since Zero's in a similar position aside from being in the same series.

Noms: Robin x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Daitouryou Chance: 35% In terms of importance, I think he's one of the most important Nintendo characters not represented in Smash. If we do get our historical character, it's a big competition between Diskun, possibly Harry, and few others Pacack mentioned, but Hanafuda already gets away with it. And since they are still sold in Japan today with many reference in many Nintendo games, I believe we could be predicting a character Sakurai is mostly likely to pick. Though I'm a bit skeptical of what Hanafuda concept he'll choose, which is why his chances are halved. But overall though, we'll have a character that relates to the beginning of Nintendo back 125 years ago.

Daitouryou Want: 100% If it weren't for me making the Mr. Hanafuda thread, I don't think Pacack would have been so interested in Hanafuda now. It's a nice feeling to have impacted in someone's life, after reading Pacack's above post. I already fully agree with the character, I hope this is the next historical character we get, cross your fingers.

Character DLC Chance: 25% I'm pretty skeptical about DLC, since Sakurai has stated he wants a complete game.
Character DLC Want: 100% Sure, let's make planned semi-clones DLC if Sakurai ever runs out of time!

Zero prediction: .56% This will probably not end well.

Nominations:
x5 Harry

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Make sure you come back when it's Zero's day! Your posts are too good for you to miss it!
Thanks! Oh, and I'll be there, for sure! I promise!
~You made me promises, promises. Knowing I'd believe~
OH, GO **** YOURSELF, PETE BYRNE! LEAVE ME ALONE!
Still not persuaded to support him, but I'd not mind if he does make it in.
Tomorrow we're going to rate Zero of the Mega Man series. Please predict how Zero will fare in tomorrow's game. Personally, I predict he will have near-ZERO chance. Get it? Zero, Zero? Ah, I couldn't have any of you beat me to that one.
Dammit, I've planning that one since I've been nominating Zero...
Zero prediction: .56% This will probably not end well.
There will literally be a wave of Zeroes flooding the thread.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Daitoryo
Chance: 0% - He isn't even related to a video game. I understand that people believe that Nintendo needs another historical character, but to be so desperate as to claw your way that deep into Nintendo's history seems like madness. Nintendo is NOT a museum people!! If Hanafuda does get representation in Smash, it will probably be in the form of an Item or Trophy.
Want: 23% - I'm sure I would warm up to him eventually.

DLC characters
Chance: 50% - I have no way of knowing, Nintendo's very unpredictable with DLC
Want: 100% - The more characters, the merrier.

Zero prediction: 0.63%

Nominations: Dr. Mario stage x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Daitoryo Chance: 50%
If all hinges on if ROB's negative reception (which I feel was mainly out of post brawl speculation unhype) will stop another historical character. Mr G&W represented Nintendo's entrance to the market of handhelds, while ROB helped with he transfer to home consoles. Perhaps we will see out first real Nintendo all star as our next historical character. A Hanafuda Character meets Sakurai's four pillars.
See here for info...
http://smashboards.com/threads/gdc-2008-meeting-masahiro-sakurai.146816/
http://smashboards.com/threads/game...cter-virtue-day-23-waluigi-wonder-red.340308/

1. Appeal. To long time Nintendo buffs, it truly does show appeal. Though as a historical, he does suffer in this category.
2. Unique. A hanafuda character screems uniqueness with their moveset potential. Its hard to explain, but check out the tread, there are some great movesets.
3.Style. Oh yes. Daitoryo fits in perfectly into the zany world of smash, akin to Game and Watch
4. Balance. We can't say...

Want: 85%
I honestly think he would be a great character for smash. I really do like historical reps, and he is by far the best one.

DLC
Chance 40 %
Nintendo is not to DLC keen, and post release, I don't see it all too likely unless fan demand is high. Which it will be. Whether they listen is the question
Want 50%
Neutral...

Zero Prediction
.95%
His want will save him...

Nominating Robin x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Daitoryo
Chance: 0% - He's not even a video game character. .

Yeah, not like a toy counts as a video character, guess ROB can't be in Smash Brothers. Oh wait.

And lets not forget that the game is called a game for Nintendo's Biggest All Stars. I see no mention of video games in that sentence

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have no idea how choosing characters for days goes, but I am just going to say that Gooey + Rick as a team or the subject Gooey in any form should have a day.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Daitoryo chance: 50% He's important to nintendo's history and with their 125th anniversary coming up, I think they could actually consider a character like this, its right up sakurai's alley. Plus he'd give us that okami vibe that amaterasu could bring if he wasn't 3rd party. He's also in my opinion the likeliest obscure character compared to the others like harry or diskun.

Want: 90% I actually like this character, I'd like to see smash get a refreshing character like this. Though I wouldn't be bummed if it didn't happen.

DLC: 25% It could happen, though I don't think DLC will happen, I trust that sakurai will finish the game to his liking.

Want: 75% I'd like it, but I don't really care for DLC.

Zero prediction: *sniff* this will be be bad indeed. 10%...... as an alt skin.

noms Muddy Mole x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

Yeah, not like a toy counts as a video character, guess ROB can't be in Smash Brothers. Oh wait.

And lets not forget that the game is called a game for Nintendo's Biggest All Stars. I see no mention of video games in that sentence
Okay, you got me there, I don't know why I didn't think of Rob. :)
I still think including Daitoryo is a crazy idea.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Daitoryo:

Likliness- 15%
Pretty low, but has a small chance

Want- 75%
TOO DAMN HIGH!!!

DLC Likliness- 50%
Meh, I don't think DLC will happen overall.

DLC Want- 45%
Again, I don't think it will happen, and I want him as a playable character from launch.

I also nominate Gooey & Rick (or Gooey himself and people can say what/who they want him to be with).
But I would prefer Gooey & Rick.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
DAITORYO:

Chance: 5%
Let me get this straight: I think that Wii Fit Trainer is our WTF character. That being said, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we get a historical surprise...
But eh. I do think that if we get one it will be Diskun or a Hanafuda character, a niche that Daitoryo fits quite nicely.

Chance: 50%
Very very very indifferent to this character. Nobody has convinced me that he's a good choice, but he's not a bad one.

DLC:
Chance: 30%
It's the age of Downloadable Content. But then again, Nintendo is not usually one to follow the norm.

Want: 60%
Only if it's like, cut veterans and stuff. Otherwise I could do without.

Zero Prediction: 0% 0.67%

Noms: Muddy Mole x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Muddy's day should be pretty good here. Though expect me to have a pretty similar rating to Prince Sable.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

I noticed you've been liking every post, any reason?
I like characters that interesting me well enough in some various aspects historically or importantly. That's why I appreciate every response given here to Daitouryou, they will earn a like.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Daitoryo: 8%

I fully believe that one of BluePikmin11's characters will find their way on the roster. Maybe not this game, maybe not in the next, but someday it will happen. If this was pre-Melee, he'd probably be the only one predicting G&W. Speaking of G&W, I feel like he is the major roadblock for Daitoryo because G&W's appeal is that he is as retro as retro gets and I wonder if Sakurai would even want to add a character even older than G&W. But still, Daitoryo is not without his merits.

Want: 40% 90%

Admittedly, I know nothing about this character, but I kind of want BP11 to own everybody and this character would accomplish this noble mission.

DLC: 30%

Sakurai is clearly not very fond of the idea, but Nintendo's got to be competitive in a competitive market so it's not out of the question.

Want: 0% - When I pay for something, I want the full package. I'm inherently against the idea of DLC and it would take something amazing for me to consider spending more money on a game I already bought.

Zero: 0.72%

Robin x 5

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
On the subject of character Likliness, I have been watching Shokio's videos. He is actually logical besides his Smash videos. But his Ridley is too big arguments inspired me to make this.
image.jpg

D

Deleted member

Daitoryo and DLC characters have been added to the Directory.

I'll rate a higher priority to me first, DLC characters.
DLC Characters
Chance:
50%

There is nothing that says that we will get DLC nor nothing that says we won't. Sakurai is considering DLC, but he has said nothing that there will be DLC in general. However, I am glad that he isn't focusing on DLC right now as that could lead to Smash barely having content in the end. DLC can be used to Sakurai's advantage to implement characters that were meant to be in the game but didn't make the cut.
I trust Sakurai and Nintendo in terms of DLC. Seeing New Super Luigi U, I see that there can be a good promise for future DLC. DLC in general is what Brawl needed as there should have been options to remove tripping, fix the Wi-Fi Mode, fix balancing issues, and add new characters.
I also trust Sakurai with DLC as I bet that he will try to finish as much as he can now and focus on DLC later. It was also needed to bring back characters like Mewtwo and Roy in Brawl. So, I am not opposed to having DLC in general.
I don't care if it's free or if it has a price; I will buy it.

Daitoryo
Chance:
Abstain

Historical? Yes. Do I think that he will be in the game? Maybe. As a playable character? No. However, I rather not give a rating… I would most likely have given him 5% anyway.
Want: 0%
I guess he could be interesting? I dunno. I would most likely be disappointed that he got in over someone else.

Zero Prediction: 0% .85%
Zero! Zero! Mega Man has been added to the game! You have no chance!

Nominations: Bomberman 5x

So, after Dedede's reveal, I immediately thought... oh dear Hades. I'm going to go on RTC, and people will be discussing Waddle Dee instead of Bleck and Krystal. And you know what?

I WAS RIGHT.
I knew that this was going to happen. It was inevitable.

Chandelure has done an amazing job promoting the character. Despite the bumpy rides there has been with Bandana Dee, I am glad to promote him. The little guy needs some love!
Now I need Chandelure to help me bring the energy for Bomberman…

Heh. Hilarious post. remember Super Paper Mario too... if you refuse to take the quest up at the end of the first cutscene three times, you get a game over. And, since you haven't had an opportunity to save yet.. you have to watch a ten-fifteen minute cutscene again. Still, it was hilarious when I did that, and the most memorable thing about the game, in my opinion.
Thanks! When we were rating him, I just had to speak in third person like Count Bleck does! Yeah, that Game Over in the beginning was one of the most hilarious moments in the game. I didn't really bother doing it myself when I start a new playthrough as I am a bit impatient.

EDIT: @ Groose Groose
I have an idea for a concept!
Wario Land Wario
This concept is not about rating his alternate costume. This is an overhaul rating where there could be a possibility of Wario getting more Wario Land moves. This includes doing a Ground Pound, shaking people as his pummel, or using the Shoulder Bash as his side special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom