• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
My 1% for Dee was explained. I personally think hes overrated, with the likes of Shulk. The counteracting delusional statement was a shot at other ratings, not a reason for my low chance rating. I wasnt attempting to counter vote, but my choice of words may have made it seemed as such. I apologize to those who may have thought this.

Banjo Kazooie
Chance: 0%
Want: 100%
No way hes getting in without Nintendo buying his rights. That being said, hes perfect for smash.

Sable: 2.3%

Nominations :
DLC characters x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Waddle Dee (Kirby)
38.06% chance
64.26% want

Are you satisfied, Dee fans? His chance spiked by about 10% and his want has cracked that of the elite. Let's not renominate him for awhile, OK?
FINALLY!
Okay, I won't renominate him. 3 times is enough for now.

Banjo-Nope-Nope-Nope
Pros
+Nostalgia means someone is gonna vote him high.
Cons
-Microsoft Ownership. I refuse to sugar coat.
-^
Overall.... No, just no. The real chance is far below what is possible, so I round to .01%. In this sad reality, we're not getting Banjo. I don't typically give out 0%s in chance for a reason (The one character who got that exception was Nintendog) but the issue is that Banjo has not been deconfirmed. But in reality, it's a long shot. A really, really long shot.
Sorry, Humanity. But I don't think we're getting him.

Want:
"Deploy the Flame Shield, Captain! FLAME SHIELD DEPLOYED!"
I didn't grow up with Banjo, and as a result, I never really had the mad nostalgia that some of these other members had. I never was really appealed by the series. In fact, I had to make a choice at one point for Banjo-Kazooie or Donkey Kong 64. Tough choice. So I went with DK, and yeah, never really did. So, as a result, I don't really get appeal from the duo that much. They'd be cool, I guess, but there's other characters I want. 10%.

Sable-SWORDS, SNAKES AND FROGS, OH MY!
Gonna be honest, I don't really think he's got a huge shot. But some are going to vote differently. I know my prediction will be a point or two higher than my Chance Overall (Uh oh, SPOILER ALERT!) and I will give Sable a 5.34%. People gonna give Sable a "Who is that?" Rating, some won't.

Nominations
Extensive Alternate Costumes X5- We're close, aren't we? Haven't had a concept in some time...

Who is the Most Interesting/Entertaining Poster?
Groose, you gonna be that guy? There's so many to choose! I could say you, Groose, because of those amazingly hilarious usages of Ace Attorney and Hades, LoneKonWolf for the Ace Attorney usage, myself for my comical brutality against some characters and usage of Naoto Forum Weapons, Louie for having hilarity in posting, Blue for obvious reasons, and a bunch more. I'll just throw up a 6-Sided Die and use 6 as roll again.
4. LOUIE WINS!

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey BigAxle, I made you an honorable mention because you put so much effort into your posts.
Although Groose is still the best for me.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Patiently waiting for someone to say me...)
Who is the Most Interesting/Entertaining Poster?
Groose, you gonna be that guy? There's so many to choose! I could say you, Groose, because of those amazingly hilarious usages of Ace Attorney and Hades, LoneKonWolf for the Ace Attorney usage, myself for my comical brutality against some characters and usage of Naoto Forum Weapons, Louie for having hilarity in posting, Blue for , and a bunch more. I'll just throw up a 6-Sided Die and use 6 as roll again.
4. LOUIE WINS!
looks like you don't have to wait anymore louie

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Banjo and Kazooie: 0% Chance, 100% Want
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. These guys are symbols of the N64 era. WHY MICROSOFT WHY!

Most entertaining poster: GROOSE IS LOOSE

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Erggh, Sable is not just a sword user you know that. :urg:
I know that. But that's just what pops into my head when think of Sable! Having a sword or not doesn't affect how I rate. Most of the time.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
And lonekonwolf was added to honorable mentions as well.
Expect the list to get even bigger as the day goes on. All of you guys are awesome.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
BANJO & KAZOOIE

Chance: 0% - They are from a rival company. They're about as deconfirmed as you can get without being, y'know, deconfirmed.

Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Prince Sable Prediction: .7% - I don't know.

Most Entertaining Poster: Groose
Honorable Mentions go to: lonekonwolf, Louie G., Brawler610, and Bluepikmin11 for their general wackiness. Erimir and Glaciacott for their informative posts. And Toxicroaker for...Cole.

Nominations:
Dark Pit x5 (I haven't forgotten about my extra noms. They will be used when the time is right.)

...must of been a Rosalina hater.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Banjo and Kazooie

Chance - 0% - They've been bought out by Microsoft, people. Yeah, they're real #*$) %"}^)$ $%_( about how they bought out Rare, but what can you do?

Want - 50% - Sorry, but I was born in the days of the 'cube, and thus have no attachment to them whatsoever. I understand that people love these guys, though, and they at least make some sort of sense as a third party. Thus, I'm completely indifferent.

Our favorite poster? Give it to BigAxle. He may be new, but he's defiantly entertaining. His signature Pro vs. Con section is informative on his decisions without being Erimir-esque wall of texts, while still finding ways to insert humor. I get the sense that he does read the posts in here, something I like, and I also give some credit for starting the whole Kid Icarus alt account thing, with him "representing Viridi," so that's almost worth an instant vote in my eyes.

The Prince of Sable Prediction - 1.35% - Not to good, but still okay-ish. He's not exactly the most famous, likely, or liked retro out there.

Nominations
Dark Matter X5

Groose

Smash Champion
1) Well, a I can't edit the title. Still. FalKoopa, do you mind editing it, or telling me how you did so the last time.

2) Erm... Maybe this wasn't a good idea for the Year-End Special. Uh... Don't pick me, please. This wasn't meant to boost my ego, this was meant to be a feel-good idea where most of you would get your day made by someone listing you as the best, or most entertaining poster.

3) I usually have days run for at least 20 hours, but this day may end quicker than normal. There's still a long while to go, but it may be best not to hesitate on posting this time.

@BluePikmin: I'll try, but no guarantees, as I have not yet been able to edit the post. I'm thinking about remotely hosting it somewhere if the problem doesn't resolve, however.

D

Deleted member

Waddle Dee (Kirby)
38.06% chance
64.26% want
Oh my god! O_o I'm surprised how high his want rating is! Looking at what happened, is it even accurate? Whatever, let's never rate him again… please.
Banjo-Kazooie and most entertaining poster has been added to this post.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance: Ineligible (0%)

No matter what you can say about Banjo-Kazooie's chances, that doesn't eliminate the fact that they are owned by Microsoft. Unless Nintendo buys back Rare or buys the Banjo-Kazooie IP, I don't see them getting into a Smash game.
Want: 80%
Which is a shame because I like Banjo-Kazooie. I am not a big fan of the series, but I love the series' exploration. I haven't beaten the first game yet (I have been busy playing other games), but I would be happy if they were included.

Most entertaining poster? I dunno. I've enjoyed posts by quite a number of people, like SchAlternate, Fastblade, McDuckletts, lonekonwolf, Hades, and Groose. I can't choose a favorite of the bunch. I'm not the kind of person who would do that.

Prince Sable Prediction: 2.11%
Absolutely no idea what to expect from this one.

Thanks to Wolf, we should have been rating Decloned Ganondorf today (Wolf and I both gave Decloned Ganondorf 5 nominations, so he should have 101 nominations), but we can wait to do that tomorrow. So, there is no need to nominate that concept.

Instead, I am going to nominate something else. While nothing has changed for him, I am curious as to what his ratings are going to be like now with some new faces around. So, here we go!
Nominations: … 5x
*click the link to find out who I am nominating!*

Last edited by a moderator:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Banjo and Kazooie:

Chance: 2%. I shouldn't be giving them that. Microsoft is a jerk, that's all I have to say.

Want: 40%. I'd rather have Pac-Man, Layton, Geno or Rayman, but these guys would be OK too.

Sable: 10%. BluePikmin, I'm looking at you!

Funniest Poster: BigAxle. Although new, you've brought many a smile to my face!

Nominations: Quote x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Banjo-Kazooie's chances: 0% - Nope.
Want: 100% - Yep.

Prince Sable prediction: 6.18%

Most entertaining: Actually, I'm not going to vote on this one.

Muddy Mole x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Banjo and Kazooie: 0%
Want: 0% The one Banjo and Kazooie game I played I hated. I hated the characters, the storyline, an the controls. UGH!

Most Entertaining: Um... IDK... Groose? Oh, wait... Me? JK... I refrain...

Prince Sabel: 3.27%

x5 Bowser Jr.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The current nomination leaders are looking to be interesting for the next few days.
Dark Matter, Bleck, and Zero.
This will be a very interesting next week indeed...

Most Entertaining: Um... IDK... Groose? Oh, wait... Me? JK... I refrain...
I just used a die! There's a lot of people to pick :bluejump:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Banjo - 0%
Self-explanatory.
Want - 100% - Also self-explanatory. :(

Prince Sable Prediction - 2%
Yeah, Blue will rate him high, and maybe others will be generous. I'm still gambling he gets mostly zeroes.

Most Entertaining Poster - Groose
Really there's no contest here, but he's specifically asked to not be chosen, so...uh...I need to think about this...

Nominations
Sheik x5

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
banjo & kazooie: 0%
Microsoft property
want: 50%
I'm indifferent honestly, i started playing video games around the game cube era, and the only 64 games i've played are mario 64, ocarina, kirby 64, and star fox, I've never played their game sorry
prince sable: 10%
who?
most entertaining: idk, theres so many interesting people nya >_<, theres groose who is the most entertaining host in the world, then theres louie g. who is pretty cool, big axle is just funny and a bit wacky, then theres lonekon wolf.who's just awesome, brawler610 has been helpful and cool, bluepikmin is cool too, i don't know who to choose >_<...(gose and roll a die) came up a three Big Axle gets my vote ^_^
lonekonwolf said:
ChromX5
I can't wait to badger this guy down a notch, it'll be fun
heck ya it will be ^_^
nominations: chrom +5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm actually pretty satisfied with that rating for Bandana Dee.

Banjo-Kazooie
Chance 0%
They're with Microsoft and Rare has show they're very committed to that relationship. I also really doubt they'll ever want to give Banjo-Kazooie away. Add to that a nasty feeling I have that Microsoft will want to use this property in the near future ...

Want 100%
Every time I talk about Rare I wish that we lived in some alternate reality wherein they stayed with Nintendo. I miss the classic DKC games, and the 3D platformers. Banjo-Kazooie was such a brand when it came out, I remember everyone immediately remarking on how they should be in the next Smash. Instead, we lost Rare and a character that would have been at home with the cast of Smash is instead stuck in development hell within a different company.
What could have been ...

Predictions
Prince Sable - 4.5%
Not sure what to expect of this one, but it will probably remain low with a tiny spike from people who actually know who he is.

Most entertaining users:
Hades the magnificent.
However, realizing that's probably not allowed, I'm voting for SchAlternate. I was a huge fan of the Suka-puns and the subtitles that were different for each character. Close second would have to be Cheesey Bites due to the constant Slime puns.
Huh, guess I like puns.
And of course, I'm refraining from voting Groose because he said we shouldn't.

Nominations
x5 Magnus

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey Groose, are we going to revote best poster, or what?
Because like 75% of the votes are to you.
I guess I'll vote BigAxle. Honorable mentions stay the same.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Erggh, Sable is not just a sword user you know that. :urg:
You're right, she and her sisters make clothes too!
able.gif

Whoa, not you man! I was making a joke about the guy in your gif.
Go watch Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger RIGHT THIS INSTANT

: 0%
As I said earlier, THANKS MICROSOFT.

Want: 30%: Never played a Banjo-Kazooie game, looks fun though.

Sorry, only one Animal Crossing reference per post Prediction: 4.13%

Nominate:
Quote x5

Most entertaining poster:
Your mother

Louie G.

Smash Hero
There's some good music here. It seemed like FTFTBT really pushed the Game Boy in terms of sound quality.
The second song listed specifically reminds me of Animal Crossing.
And did Totaka's Song appear in the game by any chance?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
There's some good music here. It seemed like FTFTBT really pushed the Game Boy in terms of sound quality.
The second song listed specifically reminds me of Animal Crossing.
And did Totaka's Song appear in the game by any chance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kouy0OgIf9w
and you can also find it in Link's Awakening where Prince Sable has a cameo.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Banjo-Kazooie: The True Dynamic Duo of Video Games!

Chance: 0.01%
As unfortunate as it is, Banjo-Kazooie have extremely low chances of being in Smash, probably the lowest of any eligible character. Yes, I consider B-K eligible despite being owned by Microsoft, due to their N64 games having a really huge cult following. That said, being a Microsoft IP since 2002 hurts their chances really badly. Three (unlikely) things will probably happen if they try to bring B-K to Smash. Either A.) Nintendo buys back Rare. B). Nintendo buys the Banjo-Kazooie copyrights. C.) Microsoft lets Sakurai use them in Smash 4 only. The last thing, in particular, is probably the least likely of the bunch due to how ****ing stingy Microsoft can be with things like this. I'd probably have a better chance at winning the lottery than B-K getting into Smash. The only reason why I didn't them a flat 0% is due to their N64 games still being pretty darn popular even to this day.

Ugh, it really hurt typing all that in. Mostly because...
Want: 100%
Spoilered because I might just start fanboying right now...
...Banjo and Kazooie are my single most wanted character (or characters, technically) for Super Smash Bros.. Literally nothing, I repeat, NOTHING would make happier than to see the Bear and Bird make it into the most well known crossover game. However, the reason why I want them in Smash is not as simple as it may be at first. I don't want them just because they have disgustingly great moveset potential, nor do I want them in so Rare can be properly repped in Smash, or even because they fit in perfectly with the rest of the cast. Granted those are all solid reasons as to why I want them in Smash, but the top reason as to why I want them in Smash is because Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are quite possibly the most important games I've ever played in my life. Now, that may sound pretty silly to some of you right now, and it probably is, but if you could just hear me out for a couple more minutes, I think you'll see why I feel this way.

I was born in 1998, the exact same year the game was released in. Naturally, I was pretty darn young by this point, in fact I was just brought into life, so naturally I couldn't play this game during it's first few years. However, my older brother whom I shall keep anonymous for now has. He got a Nintendo 64 in the year of 1999, and the first game he got for it was Pokemon Stadium. Later that same year, during Christmas, he received a new game that has wanted for some time now. That game was Banjo-Kazooie. He played through the game but a lot, but never actually finished it (and he still hasn't even to this day). Fast forward to the year 2002. I was 4 years of age by this point, and was starting to slowly but surely get more into video games. The games that I've played the most during those days were Pokemon Red, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie. Why was I playing a game like Banjo-Kazooie as much as the likes of Pokemon and Smash Bros.? I wondered this as well during my once short sessions with the game, but I just kept playing. in 2003, my parents decided it would be a good idea to take the N64 and all of it's games up to a cabin my father owns in an area called Big Pine. I didn't really care much, due to me still being a pretty casual fan by this point. Besides, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out by this point, so I needed to play those games more.

However, my views on the Banjo Kazooie franchise completely changed by around the year of ~2008-9ish when I finally got my own computer and discovered the wonders of the internet. I discovered that a lot of people were also big fans of the game, which not only completely re-ignited my interest in the franchise, but also made me want to dig deeper and found about anything B-K related that I may have missed. Upon doing so, I found that Microsoft bought the company that made Banjo-Kazooie, RareWare, for ~3 million dollars. This fact almost made me die a little on the inside, mostly due to the fact that I was Nintendo fanboy back then and didn't own any XBoxes. Not only that, but I was also playing a lot of Super Smash Bros. Brawl during this time, so upon realizing this event, I realized that Banjo and Kazooie were both characters I really wanted to see in the game back when Melee was "the ****". In 2010, while my family and I were vacationing at the aforementioned cabin (we travel there almost every summer), I finally decided that I should take back the N64 that was just sitting there almost all year, getting no use, back home. Upon arriving home, one of the very first things I did was plug the N64 back in Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie. Upon doing so, a rush of pure nostalgic memories started to rush through my entire body from back when I used to play N64 in my room back when I was 4 and still had that bunk-bed (I still miss that bunk-bed ;_;). It was one of the best feelings I've ever had, and it's still up there as one of my most satisfying moments in my life.

TL;DR: Banjo-Kazooie was a very important element in my life, and I probably wouldn't be here today if it weren't for that game. I'd probably one of those cawadooty players today if it weren't for B-K, which I am heavily thankful for.

Also, shout out to my older brother, because without him I probably would have experienced many of the great games that I still love to this day, including Smash.

Sorry if all of that was sappy, but I just felt like sharing my life's story with all of you.

Sable prediction: 6.73%

Most entertaining users:
I like every single one of you guys here, but if I had to choose my favorites, I'd have to with:
Groose: For obvious reasons
BluePikmin11: For nominating pretty original characters that are fun to rate
Chandelure: For being a hilarious Bandanna Dee extremist
Brawler610: For having pretty great opinions on Smash
lonekonwolf and SchAlternate: For posting some pretty funny stuff
Louie G.: Because his username sounds like Luigi huehuehue
Honorable mention goes to Toxicroaker. He's a cool guy, but he doesn't like Banjo-Kazooie so that automatically makes him a horrible person (I kid, I kid).

Nomination: Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon by themselves X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmph, looks like I can't edit the thread title from my phone. Too bad... You'll have to ask another mod I guess.

I used the Edit thread button which appears under every thread in the SSB4 Character forums page, which is only available to mods, and doesn't appear on the mobile version.

And Groose, try clearing the cookies and cache of your Browser. Warchamp suggested I do this when I told him about the problem. I didn't get the time to do it today myself, though.

So, Banjo-Kazooie.
Likelihood: 0%
They're owned by Microsoft. Self-explanatory.

Want: 55%
I haven't played the game, but seeing how everyone wants them, I won't be opposed to their inclusion.

Most Entertaining roster: Cheezy Bites
As Groose asked to not choose him, I'm going for him/her. I remember the slime puns pretty well.

Prince Sable prediction: 2.9%
Just a wild guess.

Chrom x 5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Nice to see so many high want scores for Banjo and Kazooie.

I've never played a Banjo game (and probably never will given my lack of an N64), but just what this would mean for Smash Bros. and Nintendo as a whole would be... unexpressable.

Rare making DK games would only be the beginning, I tell you.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I decided to fire up my laptop although I'm in a train at the moment.:p :laugh: Thr thread title has been changed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Banjo and Kazooie

Chances 0%: They are now owned by Microsoft. This destroys their chances completely. No much to say other than that.

Want: 100% These two would be really fun to play as. And their are popular N64 characters. And they fit in so well with the Nintendo characters. If they are ever brought back into Nintendo, or if were no longer Microsoft exclusive, I would support their inclusion. No doubt.

Most Entertaining Poster: SchAlternate I think he's(or she's)pretty funny. lonekonwolf and Louie G are pretty damn funny too. So those guys are my choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom