• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Captain Syrup
Chance: 0.9%
It would be nice to see the Wario Land series get more screen time in Smash, but I don't think adding this character is the right way to do that. If Wario is going to get another rep, it will and shall be a character from the WarioWare series, seeing as how that series far more active and popular (I think) than the Land series. Tho I still think it would be nice if they changed Wario's moveset to be more Wario landish but even I know that won't happen :'[
Want: 0%
No thank you.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
...*ahem*
Waluigi, ladies and gentlemen.
Chance: 6.30%
Waluigi has low potential to be in smash just simply because he's not exactly what I would call high priority character. He's not very important to the Mario franchise and, despite being Wario's partner in crime, has NO SIGNIFICANCE in the Wario franchise (seriously, not even player two in the land games?). Nevertheless, Waluigi still has tiny bit of chance to be in Smash. Why? Because I don't know honestly, I just feel like he does. He's appeared in a lot of Mario spin-off titles over the years, and he seems like a popular enough character (tho I think that's mostly BITF's fault). Maybe him being an assist trophy actually helped his chances? The world may never know.
Want: 55%
I like Waluigi. I always thought he was a very...interesting character, both in terms of design and the way he acts. Seeing him in Smash would actually make me pretty hype. Going around, doing Waluigi things, smashing peoples faces in, who doesn't want to do that? Most of the users here? Oh, okay...

Pauline prediction: 0.67%
INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY but might still beat Chancellor Cole so yeah.

Nominations:
Banjo-Kazooie X5

Groose

Smash Champion
Captain Syrup Chance: 5%
People say she's the "main Wario series villain." I call that out. She was the main villain in the first two games, but was entirely absent in the next and was only a supporting salesman in the fifth. Additionally, she is absent from Wario's spinoff/other series, WarioWare. She's more like a "recurring villain" than a main villain, you know? Contrast that to someone like K. Rool, who was the villain of the first four games and absent in the next two, but appears in pretty much every spinoff, and you'll understand the difference.

Captain Syrup Want: 20%
She seems pretty unique in design and all, but I have little memory of her despite loving the Wario Land games as a kid. She never really stood out to me, and she doesn't right now.

Waluigi Chance: 30%
I'd say we're probably seeing a new Mario character; since Brawl, Mario has become even more important and central to Nintendo, releasing Galaxy, Galaxy 2, NSMBW, NSMB2, NSMBWU, SM3DL, and SM3DW. Yeah. Mario doesn't deserve a fifth character, despite having cast members remaining?

There is also less star power availaible to add this Smash; last time the casuals knew Diddy, Wario, Sonic, Lucario, and maybe Meta Knight/Dedede; this time around, there aren't really that many big names left. The Mario series has the most recognizable characters remaining: Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Daisy, Paper Mario and Rosalina. I'd be surprised if one of them isn't added for "star power;" I peg the hcance of a new Mario rep in the 90% range.

With Toad on the ropes and Daisy's ease of incorporation as a palette swap, Waluigi really only has competition from Bowser Jr. and possibly Paper Mario and Rosalina. I'd say Waa ends up losing to Jr., but beats out PM and Rosalina because he's more recognizable. Don't dis the Wa for his kart and sports games---they're more famous than the likes of Paper Mario and Galaxy.

I have some more "casual" friends, too. They actually kind of expect Waluigi because they feel he's an obvious choice to add to Smash. You gotta look beyond the core community, people---Waluigi has power.

Waaaaaaant: 75%
I'd prefer Toad... but he'd be freaking hilarious. Besides, Brawl in the Family would go nuts and that would be worth the price of admission alone.

Pauline Prediction: 2.45%
Someone will give her a decent score, and a few others will follow.

Groose x5
More pompadour.

DAY OVER

RETURN OF GROOSE

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
To be fair, your bringing up BitF has changed my mind on my want number, it's a shame it's too late to change it :(.

I respect your opinion, and his western casual popularity is certainly high, but I feel Toad has that popularity domestically, and I think he's in a very similar position. AT is arguably a step-up from a move mind, so who knows, maybe Sakurai sees him higher than mushroom-face.

Groose

Smash Champion
Captain Syrup (Wario)
4.18% chance
27.26% want

Not a day as sweet as syrup, eh? Our greedy captain apparently doesn't have the power or the popularity to join the likes of fellow all-star captains Falcon and Olimar. She lost to Ashley by a percent in chance and a tenth of a percent in want. OH I MISSED!

WALUIGI (Super Mario)
12.75% chance (previously 24.72%)
44.13% waaaaant (previously 35.02%)

Toad's appearence in Peach's moveset and the appearence of Rosalina in 3D World adds together to halve Waluigi's chances? Cool, I guess. Fortunately for Waaaaa, he improved 9% in waaaaaaaaaant. Rosalina may have beaten Waluigi by 3% in chance, but she lost to him by 3% in want. WALUIGI TIME!

Today we'll be rating Pauline from the Donkey Kong series. Does the original damsel have what it takes to join the likes of Samus Aran, Peach, DK, and Mario in battle? Please rate Pauline in both chance and want.

WARNING! CHALLENGER REAPPROACHING! Paper Mario is back, and he hopes to have a bit more of a well-rounded score this time. Will he do well, or will he fall flat? Please rate Paper Mario in chance and want. Sorry for all of the Mario characters recently, but this is the last one. And at least everyone knows who they are, y'know? Better than Fire Emblem Week.

Tomorrow we're sticking to the trend of rating female competitors; Dark Samus is about to ente--- wait, is the Metroid Prime even female? Ah, kick it. Please predict how Dark Samus will do in tomorrow's game. Smasher101 wins TEN extra nominations for hitting the score ON THE DOT. Gratz!

I will get to the OP. I will get to the OP. I won't get to the OP.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
HAHAHHAHAA OCARINAOFDOOM!!! CAPTAIN SYRUP DID NOT BEAT KAWASHIMA'S CHANCE SCORE!!! :troll:
Pauline Chance: 12.5% Would be a nice homage to the original Donkey Kong.
Pauline Want: 50% Meh, Pauline > K. Rool (No flame wars please)
Paper Mario Chance: 19.56% Has a decent shot, but Toad needs to happen first.
Paper Mario Want: 20%
Dark Samus Prediction: 13.75% Actually has a decent chance to be the 3rdMetroid rep, only if there was time running out.
Nominations:
x5 Nintendog

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Pauline
"Mario!!! please help my chances score higher than Daisy!"

Chance: 19.81%
Her seniority and staple appearances in the puzzle game, and the first lady I believe she has a chance. I rated her a bit higher than Captain Syrup because Nintendo has shown more interest to Pauline; like giving her a mini, a theme, recurring roles and a lot of cameo appearances.
Want: 100%
I save this score for the characters I really like. Not to mention the potential love feud wars and the minis utilized in her moveset.

Paper Mario

Chance: 40% There has been two versions of Mario in the past so that's not a problem. He would also be relatively easier to make and could have that as an advantage, but I find Toad as the likelier of the Mario cast.

Want: 20% He has potential to be unique but could also end up semi like Toon Link is to Link.

x5 Funky Kong

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
congratulations samsher101,
and on another notice am I the only one surprised to see that Blue pikmin's doctor beat Syrup?
well any way, to the ratings
Pauline - 0.00000000000001
does Pauline have a chance to make it in? H*** no!
want - 0%
do I want Pauline in? F*** no!
a MR. G&W shaped Mario - 12.57%
paper Mario's only chance is his uniqueness which the other Mario characters lack in, he'll also be representing the Mario RPG series, pretty well, but that does not need a character though, but all in all I'll say he is the 2nd most likeliest Mario character at this moment, though that isn't saying a lot.
Want - 70%
not my most wanted character, but he is my favorite Mario newcomer
Dark samus - 7.16%
I don't know what to think to rate her, but since ridley is the big frontrunner (pun not intended) she'll probably do not to well
nominations:
dark pitX1
RoyX4

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Pauline: 3%
Want 0% no please. she's a completely normal person. do you know how boring that would be?

Paper mario: 35%
want: 75%

Dark Samus 12.4%

noms:
Monax3
Eevee
Pichu

Louie G.

Smash Hero
PAULINE

Chance: 1.5%
Her chances are very low, having too much competition in both the Mario AND DK areas and not really having a lot to go off of moveset wise.

Want: 2%
I don't see how Pauline would be interesting at all.

PAPER MARIO

Chance: 65%
Paper Mario doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's an important and potentially very unique character with a relatively recent game (which came out around the time Sakurai was deciding on the roster) who can represent the Mario RPGs, arguably the 2nd most important sub-series of the Mario franchise (behind Kart, although you cant really rep that through a character, only stages). He can also be fairly easy to make, using Mr. Game and Watch (already probably one of easiest characters to develop) as a base would be a good plan. Toad's got a lot going against him (in the form of Peach) and Bowser Jr. would be hugely disappointing tbh (although that's a lot more opinion than it is fact). I say that Paper Mario is one of the mot underrated plausible newcomers.

Want: 100%
Paper Mario is probably my most wanted newcomer, and for good reason. The games are phenomenal, and there is so much material to go off of to the point that Paper Mario would be harder to make a clone than to make an original character, which is a new one for multiple versions of already playable characters. I think PM is one of the most unique newcomers around, behind MAYBE K. Rool. Maybe.

Dark Samus Prediction: 5.5%
The people on Smashboards have really decided on Ridley or bust. Me included.

Nominations: Dr. Mario x5

Edit: Wow, lots of very low ratings. I might have been a little bias I guess, but hey. Who hasn't?
Like Ridley deserves to be 3rd most likely. I mean come on.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Pauline:

Chance: 0%
She'll be a background element at best, though I do really expect a mario vs donkey kong mini's series stage on the 3DS version, so I think she has a small, but notable chance of that.

Want: 15%
It'd be a nice nod to the old fans, but it would be a wasted slot in my eyes.

PaRappa the Rapper's Mario Shaped Cousin:
Because being flat isn't that impressive really.

Chance: 3.5%
Slightly above Daisy, but only a little. Sticker Star shows that Nintendo don't really understand paper mario, and it's a far less popular spin-off, so I expect no more than a stage each (super/sticker star respectively), and even then I question it...

Want: 27%
I love me some thousand year door, but don't really want another Mario in, especially when Jr is an option.

Dark Samus: 4.2%
Those who don't know Prime will discount her as a clone, those who do know prime will over-inflate her chances dramatically. Other M shows that Prime isn't the route Ninty wants to take Metroid (although the sales also show that it's probably closer to the route they should take), and Other M Samus would be a bit rediculous alongside Prime Doppleganger... Only the anti-ridley crowd rate her, and looking at the top of the list they're not too active on this thread.

Slime*5
(It's goo-ing to be a while to get to the plop again...)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Man, I sure enjoyed Mario week! Unlike Fire Emblem fortnight I actually know these guys!

Pauline:
Chance: 0.1%
Poor old Pauline; she may be the first video game damsel but after being replaced by Peach she's hardly ever thought of. There's always the Mario Vs. DK series I suppose, but even so I'd put Daisy, Tiny Kong and Birdo with slightly higher chances as female Mario-verse characters. Yes, Syrup too!

Want: 2%
If her moveset revolved around her using various minis I may be able to boost want higher to like...15%, but she's still pretty bottom of the barrel when it comes to Mario characters. I've got quite a large list of Mario characters I'd want before we got to Pauline. If she counts as a DK character AND uses minis I could boost to 20% at an absolute push, but I'll stick to the measly 2% for now.

Paper Mario:
Chance: 12%
This may seem unfairly low, but honestly I just don't see Paper Mario happening. Like at all. Game and Watch has the flat gimmick, Mario is already in the game...yeah, I'm aware he could be unique and cool, but I'm having a hard time picturing Sakurai picking two flat characters in the same way I can't imagine him including two Ice Climber duo style characters.

Want: 30%
The Thousand Year Door, if I'm honest, is the only game of the franchise I like. I mean, really like. But Paper Mario himself isn't that interesting to me. If he brings his partners along for the ride, particularly his TTYD partners, this want skyrockets to 70%, but seeing how Super Paper Mario had less emphasis on partners than the previous installments and Sticker Star apparently forgot they existed all together, I'm not exactly hopeful.
A Mario who can turn himself into a paper plane or a cardboard tube isn't exactly that appealing to me on his own. No partners in his specials, no want.

Dark Samus: 5%
After Ridley, Dark Samus is probably the most wanted Metroid rep, but she's a distant second. Probably more popular than Anthony though.

Boo! Dark Samus broke the Mario hype train I was riding.

Nominations:
5 X Substantial Yoshi changes (babies, yarn, etc)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think I'm sticking to doing stupidly long character ratings now!

Pauline

PROS!
+She's a recurring character
+Has a chance as a DK rep... (Wait, the heck am I saying, she's up against K. Rool and Dixie!)
+....(Groose, why...)
CONS!
-Has little material for movesets
-Mario VS Donkey Kong titles are less popular now

Overall... I'm giving a flat out .03%- The lowest rating I've given so far. And why? Because she has to go up against DK reps K Rool and Dixie, but has that .03 because she's not a one-off character from a long lasting franchise. Remember that slots in the new Smash are very limited. And because of this, most characters have no chance whatsoever unless they are relevant, like Waluigi!. I try to be reasonable with my ratings and keep them unbiased.

Want- I see no potential for moveset, only as a novelty character. I don't really like her that much, either. Furthermore, I'd want any other Mario or DK rep over her. She's getting a miniscule .1%.

Paper Mario (Make this day worth it.)

PROS!
+I see a nice stage coming out of Paper Mario for a home stage.
+He has the potential for moveset
+Unique.
CONS!
-Can end up as a Mario clone
-Recent titles haven't been as well recieved
-Is up against some big Star Power characters like Waluigi and Bowser Jr.

Overall... Our flat friend has his uniqueness to guide him, but not much else. His games haven't been as well recieved as of late. Furthermore, while I'd argue that alternate versions of already confirmed characters isn't likely, sans Link, I don't think that his chances are high. He's getting a 9.23%.

Want- I do like him, but in all honesty my most wanted newcomer is Bowser Jr. when it comes to Mario. So he's getting a flat, cut-out rating of 10%.

Dark Samus
As a palette swap/Alternate Costume? Likely.
As an actual character? I'm predicting a 6%- With slots being so limited, we'll be lucky to see even one new Metroid rep, and if we get one... it's Ridley. Getting another slot (Which would likely go to DS or Anthony Higgs) is a pipe dream. Furthermore, let me note that us getting an alternate version of a character that isn't Link is a rare situation.

Who gets my Nominations today?
Hmm... Groose gets my nominations today with Groose, no less! Groose X5

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pauline

Pauline may have been a damsel to start out, but her status has pretty much been taken over by Peach. There really isn't much, if anything, going for Pauline now.

Paper Mario
Want: 15%
Chance: 15%

While Paper Mario would easily represent the Mario RPG titles, Mario is already in the roster. This can pretty much make Paper Mario a redundant choice in the long run.

Dark Samus
Prediction: 5%

Dark Samus would be interesting, but if anything, she'll probably end up as a palette swap for Samus.

Nominations
x5 Beast Ganon

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Pauline
Chance: 0.1%
Want: 10%

Pauline is an interesting character. Shes the original damsel in distress, even before Peach. She still sticks around, and hangs out with Mario and DK sometimes, in the Mario vs. DK series.

She doesnt have alot going for her. She doesnt really have much to draw a moveset from. Shes not very popular, and not very known (your average joe thinks the girl in the original DK game was actually Peach, not Pauline.) She has a chance to be a palette swap for Peach at best. Peach in a red dress and black hair is her best shot.
As for wanting her, I could see her actually have a moveset based off the Mario vs DK games, throwing barrels and whatnot, but it doeant really make sense.

Paper Mario
Chance: 17%
Want: 90%

Paper Mario is in an interesting position. The potential to be a clone or semi clone of Mario may actually help his chance. He can also be unique too. He has alot to draw from moveset wise, from various partners to major badges. I have a feeling that there will be some sort of representation from the Mario RPG series, maybe even a playable character.
As far as want, hes up there with Bowser Junior for a new Mario character for me. Paper Mario hosts major nostalgia for me.

Dark Samus: 10.2%
If Ridley isnt getting in for some weird reason, dark samus is the next best choice, unfortunately.

Nominations:
Goemon x5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Pauline Likelihood: 0%

Paper Mario Likelihood: 18%
Want: 95%

Dark Samus: 11.2%

Rhythm Heaven rep x5

D

Deleted member

Pauline
One thing going for her is her seniority. However, that doesn't matter. As Mario and Donkey Kong went on to have their own famous franchises, Pauline became completely forgotten and didn't resurface until Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2. Pauline doesn't have fan demand to back her up too and this is a really critical thing at this point. Not only is she a Donkey Kong character, but also (technically) a Mario character. She'll have to go through hurdles like Bowser Jr., Toad, Waluigi, and Paper Mario and mountains like Dixie Kong and especially King K. Rool to be considered playable (but her situation is no where near as bad as Geno's). I hate citing moveset potential as a bad factor, but it really is. She doesn't have a lot of material to work with and you need a pretty darn creative person to have her be a character in SSB4. It's just not going to happen.
Her addition would be a giant cop-out. Why put her in over other characters with so much potential be put in instead? I want Bowser Jr. and I want King K. Rool, there's no way I would chose Pauline over them.

Paper Mario
Chance: 10%
Paper Mario represents the RPG genre of the Mario series and is one of the most popular sub series of Mario games. Paper Mario also has a considerable fanbase where he is one of the most brought up characters for a potential 5th Mario character. Despite this though, Paper Mario has to get in over Bowser Jr. (who is the most likely Mario rep at this point) and Toad (who is highly popular in Japan). But even then, Mario characters aren't that highly demanded. While Bowser Jr. is arguably the most brought up, he isn't even wanted worldwide like King K. Rool is. Paper Mario would also take some time and effort unlike Toon Link (and the fact that Toon Link is a clone goes in his favor). When it comes down to it, is the effort really worth it? I can't say much about Paper Mario since his drawbacks are rather obvious to me.
I love The Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario; I didn't play the original yet (I did download it from the Wii VC however); I absolutely despise Sticker Star with an open passion. While I do like the series, that doesn't make me want Paper Mario. I know that he could have some potential, but I heavily fear that he is going to be a clone since he is pretty much Mario. My most wanted Mario character is Bowser Jr., no way is Paper Mario going to take that away from him. Not only that, but I don't like having two of the same character on the roster.
Unless that character is Luigi.

Dark Samus Prediction: 3.71%
While I am unsure of Ridley's chances, I have to agree with the rest of this website. It's either Ridley or it's no one.

Nominations: Ninten 5x
Simple as can be...

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
NOO BLUEPIKMINS DOCTOR BEAAT SYRUP WHY
Pauline: 1%
Paper Guy: 50%
Want: 50%
Dark Woman who is secretly a Man: 10%

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Pauline
... Yeah, double zeroes for her. She has neither anything going on for her nor anything she has that I myself prefer over various others. (Didn't even bother making a witty title pun)

Phlat Mario
Chances: 48% - Despite what most may say, he's not an obvious clone (though a possible semi-clone) of Mario, despite the fact that they are, technically, the same entity (I believe he's sort of an alternate reality counterpart, but I'll save that for another day). He's got a lot of moveset potential, though he can also share several moves with Mario at the same time (kinda like Luigi). Not to mention, he's very popular, and the star of one of the most recognized Mario sub-series of all. If we were to get another Mario character, Paper Mario would be a significant candidate.
Want: 100% - Personally, screw everyone else (in the Mario universe, that is). Paper Mario is among my most desired newcomers to appear in the game. Wonderful games (aside Sticker Star) and overall nostalgic series.

(Also, a roster without a Mario lookalike placed before Mario himself on the roster is a bad roster (:luigi64::drmario:))

Samus's generic evil clone
Prediction: 9% - If all fails (read: Ridley), then she gets the spot for new Metroid newcomer.

NOMINATIONS
One ZERO One (x5)

SO MANY PARENTHESIS (and shades of red)()()()()()()()()()()()()!!!

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Pauline

Chances: 2% - The only real thing she has going for her is her status as the original damsel in distress and her uber-retro status, but she is long forgotten and I can't even begin to think of a potential moveset for her.

Want: 2% - I usually do like retro characters even if I have never played their games and never will (hello G&W), but Pauline would steal a much contested spot from the Marioverse and that's unacceptable.

Paper Mario

Chances: 71% - Paper Mario is now strong with 4 commercially successful games (With The Thousand-Year Door already having a legacy of its own) and it has yet to be represented by a single character, stage or item in the Smash universe. I believe this time will be different. Sticker Star was made at the perfect time to give the series enough visibility when Sakurai was choosing his cast, the move set is easy enough, the character design is probably the easiest, etc. People incorrectly assumed that Toon Link would be a low-priority vet coming into this game and his early reveal does nothing but help PM's chances. If Link's alternate toon form can make the cast, then there is no reason why Mario's should not get the same privilege.

Want: 100% - The above may be a little biased, I can't lie. TTYD is easily a top 5 game ever for me. And I really want Paper Mario to go out there and represent Paper Bowser (one of the funniest video game characters ever, come on now), Doopliss, Koops, Goombella, Rawk Hawk, Flurrie, Dimentio, Bleck, Mr. L., etc, etc, etc, etc. The Mario universe has so many subfranchises like Mario Kart, Mario Sports, etc. But in the end, they are all represented by Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Peach... all except Paper Mario. It's just way too different and if it's not part of the game, my Smash experience will never be complete.

Dark Samus prediction: 19% - Some people might see it as a Ridley alternative if they really don't want to drink his Kool-Aid.

Robin/Avatar x5.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Pauline

Chance - 3%

Want - 100%

Paper Mario

Chance - 20%
I'd say he has somewhat of a chance. Paper Mario does sell quite well and they have referenced the series in the past two Smash games in stickers and trophies

Want - 0%
One Mario is enough tbh. We do not need another Toon Link.

Dark Samus - 4%

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Pauline
Chance - 0%
boring and no one's really asking for her. A trophy at best.

Want - 0%
boring and I really don't want her. I also kind of really hate what became of her modern design. She literally looks ugly to me.

Paper Mario
Chance - 5%
Easily one of the most terribly overrated characters in these boards.
Yes, I understand the character, the possibilities, the want, etc etc., but there's no way he's that likely to be a major contender. 70%? Get the f*** out of here.
Sticker Star sold well, but in terms of promotion it was promptly shoved under the rug to make way for the real eye candy that became Luigi's Mansion. I daresay most of the casual market forgot that game even existed.
The games themselves have, through each iteration, become less and less original and more gimmicky than anything. Thousand Year Door was really the last Paper Mario game, the last two being just extremely gimmicky games that pretty much used the Paper Mario name for franchise power (granted, at least the Wii one still had great story.) And then people come in and say how the moveset would have badges and partners ... why would this be the case if it's been almost ten years since a proper Paper Mario game with partners? At most we just get a Mario that turns into a paper plane and uses a hammer. And that's boring.
The Mario and Luigi series is the much better representative of Mario RPG games as that franchise hasn't so severely gone astray from its origins. On that note, WHY do we even need a Mario RPG representative? As has been argued for several times now this week, there's sooo much Mario character competition, and it's silly to deny the opportunity to other iconic characters such as Toad, just to welcome a second version of Mario that only hard-core fans really care about, and that in the past ten years has gotten closer and closer to regular mario.
I seriously don't understand why people think Paper Mario is entitled to representation any more than Mario RPG or Mario and Luigi, even more when people consider Paper Mario at the level of likeliness as Toad and Jr. I don't get it, it's one thing to love the game and another to be that hopeful.

Want - 70%
And the sad thing is, I love the character. Paper Mario (N64) and Thousand Year Door are games I respect deeply and enjoy constantly year after year after year. I replay them more often than most other games. For Brawl I really hoped for a Thousand Year Door stage, but it never came to be. Now it just doesn't even make sense.
And liking the character makes me believe it even less and want it a bit less than a 100%. If they did Paper Mario now, as opposed to for Brawl, it wouldn't be the same. Partners, badges and character were what made Paper Mario a fantastic series for me, and now, particularly after Sticker Star, the series has lost most of this to become another casual, chance-heavy Mario experience. I would hate having Paper Mario in this game using sticker "things" and spinning roulettes to deal damage. It'd seriously be more painful to me than NOT having Paper Mario.

Predictions
Dark Samus - 7.53%
The Metroid choice for the anti-Ridley fans, or the Ridley fans who have lost all hope. It should do fairly ok.

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Heaven Rep

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
People bashing Paper Mario for being "just another Mario", but then rooting for Bowser Jr: LOL.

D

Deleted member

People bashing Paper Mario for being "just another Mario", but then rooting for Bowser Jr: LOL.
Bowser Jr. is his own character. Paper Mario is just Mario from a different game series.

Don't act like this. It's not tolerated.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. is his own character. Paper Mario is just Mario.

Don't act like this. It's not tolerated.
Hardly. Bowser Jr. fits the video game child archetype that doesn't have a mother and is, in fact, a child version of his father. They may be different people in the Mario Universe, but the undeniable truth is that the character was created as a Bowser spin-off gimmick. Do you disagree?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
there will always be supporters who would bash others, and then root for themselves (looking at you Krystal fan base) welcome to the internet where people will defend their opinions to the death, or to there own advantage.
and yes I do believe you are new but please talk civilized or with smileys :p, please don't bring this lol stuff here or comparing useless ends to each other,
these activates are not acceptable here, so please follow the guidelines mate

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I wasn't aware that lol was a banned word and I shall never write it again starting now.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Never thought I'd see someone rate Pauline significantly higher overall than Paper Mario. Huh.
I don't know how anyone could ever label Paper Mario as a clone by any stretch of the imagination.

1. PAPER MARIO DOES NOT USE FIRE BALLS
2. PAPER MARIO DOES NOT USE CAPE
3. PAPER MARIO DOES NOT USE FLUDD

D

Deleted member

1. PAPER MARIO DOES NOT USE FIRE BALLS

:troll:
In all seriousness, I found this on Toon Link's page on Brawl's DOJO.
"Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same."
I have a weird feeling that Sakurai would do the same thing to Paper Mario regardless of what you said. It doesn't mean that it would happen, but I definitely see Sakurai giving him a cape and FLUDD with a Super Jump Punch and Fireballs.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pauline

Chance - 0% - Peach already has her as a Red alternate color, and maybe a trophy if she's lucky. She seems mostly forgotten about, and Mario already has enough competitors as-is.

Want - 30% - I'll be impressed if someone can make an interesting move set for her. I'd rather give another retro a chance to shine.

Paper Mario

Chance - 13% - Well, what do ya know! My original rating is on the first page. :p My stance hasn't really changed on him all to much, but he losses a few points from then due to Rosalina now causing more completion.

Want - 35% - Still can't find him all that interesting, despite the hammer and paper-ness.

Dark Samus prediction - 4.5% - Ridley is going kill her dead. How much, however, remains yet to be seen.

Nominations
Hades X3
Dark Matter X2

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
They could make Paper Mario a Mario clone, but they would have to try real hard to... And they would have absolutely no reason to do it. The reasons why clones/semi-clones are easier to develop than original characters is that characters with similar build can share very similar animations.. With Paper Mario they would have to redesign everything, erasing any cloning purpose.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Oh, my star: Oak's Research Lab, Pewter City, and Gym Battle (Red, Blue, Yellow)
In other News

[collapse=Music for all to enjoy]
IF ANY OF THESE LINKS ARE DEAD/INCORRECT, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD GROOSE. Thank you. Feel free to contribute anything you wish.
Game:
Prologue: Metal Gear 2 - Theme of Solid Snake
Intro: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Battlefield
Nomination:Earthbound - Main Menu
Ratings: Soda Popinski Battle (Punch-Out!! Wii)
Debate: Bowser's Final Battle
Day Over: Return of Groose: Groose's Theme
A New Day Begins: Guile's Theme

Characters:
Palutena (Day 2): Kid Icarus Uprising - The Return of Palutena, Boss Battle 2, Uprising Main Theme,Kid Icarus Uprising - Palutena's Temple, and Uprising - Boss Theme 2

Ridley (Day 3):Super Metroid - Vs. Ridley, Lower Norfair (Super Metroid), Brinstar (Melee), Vs. Ridley (Other M), and Meta-Ridley (Brawl)

Isaac (Day 4):Venus Lighthouse, Rebirth of Venus (OC Remix), Prologue, Colosso Battle, Overworld, Vale, Jenna's Theme, Forest Requiem, The Lost Age Intro, Imil, Gaia Rock, Golden Sun Main Theme, Isaac Battle Theme, and Saturos Battle Theme

King K. Rool (Day 5): Gangplank Galleon, K. Rool Battle (Brawl), K. Rool Duel (64), and K. Rool Returns

Shulk (Day 6): You Will Know Our Names, Engage the Enemy, Gaur Plains, God Slaying Sword, Satorl Marsh (Night), Mechonis Field, Time to Fight, and Beyond the Sky

Dixie Kong (Day 7): Mining Melancholy, Krook's March, and Bramble Blast

Pac-Man (Day 8):Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - BGM #1, Buccaneer Beach, and Space Race

Toon Link (Day 9): Dragon Roost Island , Demo, Great Sea, Picori Festival, Outset Island, Link and Zelda's Duet, and Wind Waker Symphonic Movement

Mewtwo (Day 10): Battle With Mewtwo (Stadium), Cave (X and Y), Wild Pokemon Battle, Invitation to Danger, Lavender Town, Kanto Legendary (X and Y) and Mewtwo's Island

Krystal (Day 11): Fox and Krystal (Adventures), Krystal's Theme (Command), and Sauria (Assault)

Little Mac (Day 12):Punch-Out!! (Wii) - Main Theme, Soda Popinski, Mr. Sandman, and Major Circuit (Title Defense)

Bowser Jr. (Day 13): Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla, Shadow Mario, Bowser Jr. (Galaxy), Mecha Bowser, Bowser Jr. Battle (Paper Mario: Sticker Star), Bowser Jr. Battle 2 (Party 9), and Bowser Jr.'s Mad (Party 9)

Paper Mario (Day 14): Paper Mario- Mario's Theme, Rawk Hawk, Final Boss, and Dark Bowser

Lucina (Day 15): Id-Sorrow, You May Call Me Marth, Storm Clouds (Ablaze), Duty (Ablaze), Id (Hope), and Gods, Have the Risen Spread this Far?

Roy (Day 16): Roy's Theme, Recruitment Medley, Fire Emblem (Melee), Winning Road, Shaman in the Dark, Melancholy, and Ships and Homes

Mii (Day 17): Mii Channel, Find Mii, and Wii Sports

Owain (Day 18): Prelude-Ablaze, Main Theme (Spa), Main Theme (Festival), Mastermind, Chaos (Ablaze), and Annihilation (Galvanized)

Takamaru (Day 19): Takamaru Combat (Nintendoland), Douchuumen (Brawl), and Takamaru Boss Battle (Nintendoland)

Lucario (Day 20): Fight Back, Lucario's Theme, Goodbye Lucario, and D/P Gym Leader Battle

Ice Climbers (Day 21): Icicle Mountain (Melee), Ice Climber (Brawl), Bonus Stage (NES), and Stage Theme (NES)

Waddle Dee (Day 22): Waddle Dee Tank, Better Building, Fountain of Dreams (Melee), Waddle Dee (Kirby 64), Squeak Squad (Brawl), and Dream Land (Smash 64)

Jigglypuff (Day 23): Song of Jigglypuff, Route 209 (Brawl), Jigglypuff Live, and Lavender Town Theme

Lyn (Day 24): Girl of the Plains, Raising Spirits, Precious Things, Friendship and Adventure, Distant Travels, Attack (Brawl), Lyn's Desire, and Inescapable Fate

Chrom (Day 25): Fire Emblem Theme (Awakening), Divine Decree (Ablaze), Don't Speak Her Name, and What if I'm Not Worthy?

Toad (Day 26): Toad's Turnpike, Inside Peach's Castle, and Toad's Theme

Tingle (Day 27): Tingle's Theme, Southern Swamp, and Malo Mart

Sandbag (Day 28): Break the Targets, Multi-Man Melee 2, and Tabuu

Ike (Day 29): Fire Emblem Theme (Radiant Dawn Version), Ike's Resolution, Greil Mercenaries, The Devoted, The Goddess' Rebuke, and Ike's Theme (Brawl)

Tetra/Toon Zelda (Day 30): Pirate Theme, Zelda's Lullaby, Molgera Battle, and Great Sea

Dillon (Day 31): Rolling Western Theme, Final Boss Theme, and A Difficult Choice

WALUGI (Day 32): Waluigi's Theme, Waluigi Island, Waluigi Pinball, and Carol of the WAA

Pokemon Trainers (Day 33): Red (Skotein), Trainer Battle Themes, Littleroot Town Reorchestrated, Canalave City, Route 26 (Anime Version), Red and Blue (Skotein), and Red's Journey (Skotein)

Geno (Day 34): Forest Maze, Geno Awakens, Boss Fight, and Booster Tower

R.O.B. (Day 35): Gyromite(Brawl), Gyromite Game A, and Famicom Melody(Brawl)

Ganondorf (Day 36): Dark Lord Ganondorf (TP), Great King of Evil (OoT), Ganon (OoT), Ganondorf (WW), and Hyrule Castle (TP)

Zoroark (Day 37): Final N Battle, Master of Illusions, and Lugia's Song

Simon Belmont (Day 38): Special Medley, Simon Belmont's Theme, Bloody Tears (Simon's Quest), Bloody Tears (Hard Rock Mix), Silence of Daylight (Ocremix version), Wicked Child (Orchestral), Praying Hands, and Vampire Killer (X Chronicles)

Masked Man (Day 39): Mecha-Drago Battle, Battle Against the Masked Man, Menu (Mother 3), 16 Melodies, Natural Killer Cyborg, and It is Finished

Vaati (Day 40): Vaati's Fury, Dark Hyrule Castle, Zelda: Main Theme (Brawl), and Boss Battle (Minish Cap)

Saki (Day 41): Risk One's Neck, Blood Infactor, Saki, Music Raid Blue, Ally Risker's, and Wait Soon Ripe

Medusa (Day 42): Boss Battle 1, Reset Bomb Forest, Medusa's Final Battle, Underworld Castle, and Reaper's Line of Sight

Starfy (Day 43): Starfy's Theme, Let's Go, Boss Battle, Final Boss Battle, Sad, and Super Tough

Karate Joe (Day 44): Karateka, Remix 10, Wish Can't Wait for You, Karate Man (Fever), Karate Man (Struck by the Rain), Karate Man 2, Rhythm Fighter, and Karate Man (Japanese)

Samurai Goroh (Day 45): Samurai Goroh's Theme (GX), Red Canyon Theme (GX), Big Blue (Melee), Mute City (Melee), Fire Field (Brawl), White Land (Brawl), ZEN Aeropolis (GX), Devil's Forest (X), Planet Colors (GX), DIZZY Phantom Road (GX), Lightning Final Lap (GX), Megamix One, and Megamix Two

Lucas (Day 46): Mother 3 Love Theme (Brawl), Fate, Monkey's Delivery Service, Murasaki Forest, Theme of Duster, Ragtime Osohe, and Mom's Hometown

Robin (Day 47): Run All You Like-You Can't Escape Fate, Id~Purpose, Id~Darkness, Here We Are! The Shepard's Garrison, Id~Serenity, and Such Bonds are the Strength of this Army

Sonic the Hedgehog (Day 48): Green Hill Zone, Live and Learn, Open Your Heart, Escape From the City, Metal Harbor, Wonder World, Reach for the Stars, Chemical Plant Zone, Star Light Zone, Ice Cap Zone, Flying Battery Zone, Lava Reef Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Angel Island Zone (Brawl), Aquatic Park Zone, Sky Babylon Zone, Quartz Quadrant Zone, Rooftop Run, It Doesn't Matter, Seaside Hill, Endless Possibilities, Perfect Dark Gaia, Molten Mine, Aquatic Ruin Zone, Casino Park, Casino Night Zone, Labyrinth Zone, Crisis City, Live Life, Knight of the Wind, Doomsday Zone, Flying Battery Zone, Bonus Stage (Sonic 2), Wave Ocean- The Inlet, What I'm Made Of, His World (Crush 40), His World (Zebrahead), His World (Sonic '06), Mephiles,Solaris Phase 1, and Solaris Phase 2.

Genesect (Day 49): Wild Pokemon Battle (BW), Legendary Pokemon Battle (BW), Champion Alder, Champion Iris, Gym Battle (BW), and Elite Four Battle (BW)

Chibi-Robo (Day 50): Chibi Robo, Drake Redcrest's Theme, Dinah's Theme, Peekoe's Theme, Sunshine's Theme, and Labyrinth Plumbing

Porky (Day 51): Porky's Theme (Brawl), Master Porky's Theme (Mother 3), Isn't this such a Utopia?, Porky Means Business, Porky Means Business (Orchestral), Oh Buta Mask, Theme of the Pig King, Porky's Pokies, Piggy Guys, and Pokey's Theme (Earthbound)

Skull Kid (Day 52): Time's End (Full Theophany Album), Skull Kid Battle, Title Theme (MM), Majora's Theme, Lost Woods (OoT), Sacred Grove (TP), Sacred Grove (ZREO), Oath to Order (ZREO), Stone Tower Temple, Song of Healing (Adrisaurus Vocals), Song of Healing (MM), and End Credits (MM)

Lip (Day 53): Lip's Theme (Brawl), Thiana's Theme, and Windy's Theme

Professor Layton (Day 54): Layton's Theme, Unwound Future, Puzzle Medley, Don Paolo, Descole, Battle of Wits, Layton's Theme (Fighting Remix), and Pursuit~Casting Magic

Falco (Day 55): Space Armada (Brawl), Star Fox Theme (Brawl), Corneria (Melee), Venom (Melee), and Credits (Star Fox 64)

Bomberman (Day 56): Redial (Bomberman Hero), Zip (Bomberman Hero), Green Garden (Bomberman 64), Rainbow Palace (Bomberman 64), Angel (Bomberman 64: The Second Attack), Normal Battle 1 (Bomberman Blast), Area 1, Title, Bomberman 64 Opening, 64 Intro, Masker (Bomberman 64), Stage Select (Bomberman 64), Blue Resort (Bomberman 64), and Super Bomberman - Boss Music

Kamek (Day 57): Mini-Boss (Yoshi's Island), Boss Fight (Yoshi's Island), Giga Baby Bowser, Castle Fortress, Kamek's Theme (Sticker Star), and Kamek's Theme SNES (Yoshi's Island DS)

Slime (Day 58): Dragon Quest Overture, Blue Skies, Blue Slime, Rocket Slime Boss Battle, Rocket Slime Tank Battle, Rocket Slime Slival Battle, Dragon Quest 1 Overworld Theme, Dragon Quest 4 Battle Theme, Dragon Quest 5 Boss Theme, Dragon Quest 8 Final Boss Theme, and Level Up

Solid Snake (Day 59): [MG] Theme of Tara, [MGS] Encounter (Brawl), [MGS2] Main Theme, [MGS2] Yell "Dead Cell", [MGS4] Theme of Love (Brawl), [MGS4] Metal Gear Saga, and [MGS4] Father and Son

Mr. Game and Watch (Day 60): Flat Zone (Melee), Chef, Fire, Oil Panic and Flat Zone 2

Impa (Day 61): Impa's Fate, Fi's Theme, Koloktos Battle (SS), Ballad of the Goddess, and Ballad of the Goddess (Reversed)

Meowth (Day 62): Team Rocket Battle (HeartGold), Double Trouble (Vocal), Team Rocket Motto (Vocal), Team Rocket Motto (BGM), Pokemon Theme Song, Team Galactic Battle (Brawl), and 2.B.A Master

Duck Hunt Dog (Day 63): Hogan's Alley Gunslinger, Super Scope 6, and Duck Hunt (Remix)

Ghirahim (Day 64): Ghirahim's Theme, Final Ghirahim, Final Demise, Eldin Volcano, Stalfos, Sky, and Lanayru Desert

Rayman (Day 65): Bland Land, Blue Mountains, Mr. Skops, and Mr. Dark Battle

Ashley (Day 66): Ashley's Song (Brawl), Terrormisu, Sweatmore Peak, Pecan Sands, Crescent Moon Village, and Mystic Lake

Sylveon (Day 67): Trainer Battle (X and Y), Gym Leader Battle (X and Y), Wild Pokemon Battle (X and Y), and Rival Battle (X and Y) Note: All are recreations of unreleased music.

Anthony Higgs (Day 68): Anthony Higgs, Pyrosphere, and Nightmare

Mach Rider (Day 69): Mach Rider (Brawl), Course Theme, and Race Theme 02

Lloyd Irving (Day 70): Like a Glint of Light, Fighting of the Sprirts, Fatalize, Final Destination, Kratos Battle, Sheena, and Lloyd

Mike Jones (Day 71): Sailing, Cave, and Overworld

Primid (Day 72): Ode to Minions, Tabuu, Subspace Area, Danger Ahead, and SSBB Main Theme

Cloud (Day 73): FF7 overworld theme, J-E-N-O-V-A, Shinra theme, City of the Ancients, Overworld theme (Orchestrated), and Trail of Blood

Black Shadow (Day 74): Devils Call in Your Heart (Brawl), Meaning of the Truth, GX Main Theme, Black Shadow Theme (GX), Mute City (GX), Devil's Call in Your Heart (X), Climb Up and Get the Last Chance! (X), Port Town (X), Phantom Road (GX), Lightning (GX), and Vegas Palace (GX)

Chrom + Lucina Tag Team (Day 75): Fire Emblem Theme (Awakening), Divine Decree (Ablaze), Don't Speak Her Name, What if I'm Not Worthy?, Id-Sorrow, You May Call Me Marth, Storm Clouds (Ablaze), Duty (Ablaze), Id (Hope), and Gods, Have the Risen Spread this Far?

Anna (Day 76): Open for Business, Legendary Inheritance, Fight to Tomorrow, Confront the Past, and The Battle Must Be Won

Wolf: (Day 77): Star Wolf, Star Wolf (Assault), Can't Let You Do That, and Credits (Star Fox 64)

Tom Nook (Day 78): Population Growing, Nook's Cranny, Wild World, The Roost, City Folk, Post Office, New Leaf, and Go K.K. Rider!

Ephraim (Day 79): Sacred Stones, Distant Roads, A Powerful Foe, and Comrades

Wonder Red (Day 80): Wondeful 101 Theme

Sukapon (Day 81): Theme of the Tiger and Robot City (Grizby2 Remix)

Phoenix Wright (Day 83): OBJECTION!, Logic and Trick, Tell the Truth, Pursuit~Cornered, DL-6, Turnabout Sisters, It's Detective Gumshoe, Congratulations, Everybody!, Court Begins (JFA), Great Revival, With Pearly, Pursuit~Questioned, Court Begins (T&T), Fragrance of Dark Coffee, Tell the Truth (T&T), Pursuit~Caught (Rock), Distant Traces of Beauty (Blend Mix), Bitter Taste of Truth, Fragrance of Dark Coffee (Orchestrated), Here Comes Justice!, Guilty Love, Pursuit~Overtaken, Objection! (DD), Pursuit~Ambushed, Cross-Examination Medley, and The First Victory

Mask Link (Day 84): Clocktown, Clocktown (Theophany), Song of Healing, Stone Tower Temple, Elegy of Emptiness, and Song of Unhealing (Ben Drowned)

Chancellor Cole (Day 85): Spirit Train, Byrne (ZREO), Chancellor Cole Mini Boss, Cursed Overworld, Dark Link, Demon Train, Cole and Malladus, Malladus, All Lokomo SongsAll Final Boss Themes

Tharja (Day 86): Leave me...Save yourselves...if you can, I've never seen one fall so gracefully, and Someone has to save you from your good intentions

Neku and Shiki (Day 87): Calling, Lullaby For You, and Deja Vu

Rhythm Monkey (Day 88): Tambourine, Monkey Watch, Tap Trial, and Fan Club

Fawful (Day 89): In the Final, Fawful is There, Fawful's Evil Plan, Cavil Cape, Cackletta's Theme, and Fawful and Cackletta

Sheik (Day 90): Sheik's Theme, Sheik's Theme (Adrisaurus Vocals), and Ocarina of Time Medley

Victini (Day 91): Legendary Battle (Black and White), Wild Pokemon Battle (Black and White), Castelia City, Alder's Theme, and Iris' Theme

Yarne (Day 92): We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe, We should turn in for the night, and Training

Donbe and Hikari (Day 93): Shin Onigashima (Brawl)

Daisy (Day 94): Daisy Cruiser, Mario Land Overworld, Daisy's Striker's Theme, Muda Kingdom (Smooth McGroove Acapella), Athletic Theme (Six Golden Coins), Daisy Hills, and Daisy Circuit

Captain Rainbow (Day 95): Daytime Theme 1, Daytime Theme 2, and Main Theme

Ray (Day 96): Lost World, Samsara, and Frozen Game

Omastar (Day 97): Oak's Research Lab, Pewter City, and Gym Battle (Red, Blue, Yellow)

Doctor Kawashima (Day 98): Brain Age (Brawl), Brain Age Theme, Options, and Menu

Rosalina (Day 99): Rosalina's Ice World, Rainbow road (All), Comet observatory, Starship Mario, Launch!, and Rosalina's Story

[/collapse]
Pauline: 0%

Mr. Game + Watch meets Mario: 8%
Want: 50% (only if he is a last minute semi-clone that doesn't take up too much time)

Dark Samus: 6.12%

x5 Excitebiker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom