• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Black Shadow
Likelihood: 25% I honestly find Black Shadow slightly more likely than Samurai Goroh. While Samurai Goroh is Captain Falcon's main rival, Black Shadow is the main villain of the F Zero franchise. I don't give into the "F-Zero is dead" crap. An additional rep seems somewhat likely, seeing as it's one of Miyamoto's franchises, has been represented since the first game, and is yet to have a second rep in Smash Bros. The big thing that put Black Shadow ahead of Goroh for me was his Japanese popularity. That may not matter as much, seeing as Ridley and Little Mac are mostly popular in the west, yet they are seen as some of the most likely new comers.
Want: 50% It's a toss up between him and Goroh for me. He's fine as long as he's not a clone.

Chrom and Lucina: 7.34%

Sukapon x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Black Shadow - 13%. The most likely character in awhile.

predict Chrom & Lucina gets a 12%

Victini x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Wooooooo F-Zero!

Black Shadow - 25%
Oh Shadow, the primary big bad of F-Zero. His franchise may have seen better days, and Goroh seems to be more well known thanks to his Assist Trophy appearance, but I still think he's got a solid shot at playability. What's his big edge? It's pretty obvious: he's already got a moveset! Ganondorf's clone moveset has always been pretty weird, and lots of fans want him to receive a genuinely unique moveset. Assuming Sakurai wants to keep the moveset that has now seen two games, who better to adopt that slow Falcon style than Black Shadow, another F-Zero character who fits the role perfectly? Moreover, the F-Zero anime has made Black Shadow quite popular within Japan, a pretty important audience when it comes to picking Smash characters. Finally, there's that dirty little detail that F-Zero, along with Yoshi, is one of the two franchises without a second Smash rep at this point, and even Yoshi can at least tie back to the Mario series. That makes adopting a second F-Zero character an attractive option, regardless of where the franchise is. It's still a bit of a stretch, considering there hasn't been a game in a decade and Goroh still provides competition (despite being a poor candidate IMO), but he's plausible enough that one in four feels like a very fair rating.
Want - 100% - More F-Zero recognition, and not Goroh either? All of my yes.

Lucina/Chrom Tag Team Prediction - 4%
This is weird. Like, really weird. No idea how to call it.

Nominations
Lucario x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I don't understand why people are referring to Black Shadow as the main villain. Wouldn't that be Deathborn? Sure they hype him up as the main villain, but he's really just Deathborn's pawn, like Kamek for Bowser, or Zant for Ganondorf.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I don't understand why people are referring to Black Shadow as the main villain. Wouldn't that be Deathborn? Sure they hype him up as the main villain, but he's really just Deathborn's pawn, like Kamek for Bowser, or Zant for Ganondorf.
While he is technically Deathborn's pawn in GX, AFAIK he is in fact the main villain of the anime and its tie-in games, is depicted as such in X (for as little story as that game has), and is the main villain through most of GX's storyline. Also, that pretty blatantly ignores that the "creators" are proven to be the ultimate bad after the one mission the player actually faces Deathborn. Black Shadow is so much more consistently the main villain of the F-Zero series/franchise that to say he's anything else just because of a small handful of scenes from one game seems to be selling him short.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I was under the impression that the Chrom+Lucina tag team was more like Pokemon Trainer than Ice Climbers. You wouldn't be controlling them simultaneously, you'd be switching between them.

Anyway...

Black Shadow

Popularity: He is one of the more requested characters in Japan, although not "high tier". He's not actually that far behind Samurai Goroh, but he's definitely less popular in the West than in Japan.

Relevancy: He's the most prominent villain in F-Zero (note: this isn't necessarily the same as being the true villain according to the story. Ghirahim isn't the true big bad in Skyward Sword, yet people definitely think he's more likely than Demise. Probably because you interact with Ghirahim a lot more, while Demise only shows up for the final battle).

Design: Well, I'm sure he has some moves from the anime and/or that could come from his design (he has a bull-like costume, so that would probably be worked in). He could also be a semi-clone of Captain Falcon, taking over for Falcondorf. Borrow some from Falcon, a few new moves of his own, and it's certainly acceptable.

Roster and Competition: Well, F-Zero isn't terribly likely to get a new rep. But Sakurai did say he wanted to even out franchise representation, and F-Zero having only one rep with a couple prominent characters left out makes it a candidate for getting a new rep in that sense. F-Zero would also be a franchise he could try to "revive".

Anyway, Black Shadow's competition is Samurai Goroh. I don't think either of them is especially amazing from a move set perspective. I think Black Shadow's popularity probably helps him more, since unfortunately I think Japanese popularity counts for a lot more. Not just because Sakurai et al pay attention to Japanese fans more, but because that will filter into their own personal evaluations of the characters. It's one thing to know that Goroh is more popular in the West, but that won't necessarily mean that Sakurai will have the "gut feeling" that Goroh is cooler or more popular.

Black Shadow chances: 7.5%
I have soured a little on F-Zero's chances. I now think it's around a 1:7 chance they'll get a new rep, but I give a slight edge to Black Shadow.

Black Shadow want: 52%
I'll admit, I would be happy to see him just for the implication it would give that Ganondorf is finally getting a true move set. Other than that I'm mostly indifferent to F-Zero reps.

Chrom+Lucina prediction: 5%

Nominations:
Wolf x5

Morbi

Scavenger
Black Shadow Chance: 5%

It is fairly obvious that F-Zero is no longer relevant. Does that mean that there is not a chance to get a second rep? No. This would be the game to add someone. Brawl finally gave us some of the essential characters like Diddy Kong or Metaknight. There are not too many more characters that are absolutely imperative. So I think Captain Falcon will finally have someone to battle. However, I do not think it will be Black Shadow. If we are to assume that the most anticipated character in the West (Ridley) was to make it in the game. We would have finally accomplished the feat of having all Melee cutscene characters in the game. The other being Wolf, who was added in Brawl. What is that you say? I forgot one? That is right! Samurai Goroh, he has Smash precedence. Not only is he a key aspect of Melee's opening sequence, he is also an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Not to mention, Black Shadow would be condemned to something similar to Ganon's moveset. That is just a mess. Black Shadow isn't happening.

Black Shadow Want: 75%

He is one of the only characters that I initially wanted for Smash before I joined the forums. The others were Mewtwo and Palutena. I also wanted to ensure that the 3 low priority characters from Brawl returned. It is ironic. Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff are my mains. So you can imagine my fear going into Smash 4 anticipating cuts. However, a long time on the forums has shaped my perspective. I have changed my expectations drastically. That doesn't mean I don't want Black Shadow.

Lucina/Chrom Tag Team Prediction: 10%

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Black Shadow:
Likelihood: 5%
I really doubt F-Zero will get another character, and I believe Samurai Goroh has an edge on him, having appeared in the Melee intro and as an Assist Trophy in Brawl.

Want: 5%
Nah. I haven't played F-Zero and his design strikes me as a Batman rip-off.

Chrom and Lucina prediction: 6%
Really unlikely, imo.

Fawful x 5

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Black Shadow

Likelihood: 16 %
He has the edge over Goroh because he could use the moveset of a potentionally de-cloned Ganondorf.
Other than that he pretty much has little chance actually making it in.

Want: 45 %
I'm not a fan of the F-Zero-franchise and Black Shadow just seems a tad bit too much "generic villain" to me. That said I wouldn't mind it too much if he got in.

Prediction C&L Tag: 7 %

Nominations:
5x C. Syrup

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Black Shadow

Chance: 6%
Black Shadow is amongst the more popular F-Zero characters, especially in Japan where is incredibly popular. This should mean by rights that Black Shadow should have a huge chance, right?
Well...F-Zero thus far has had no additional reps and aside from Yoshi, it's the only franchise that's been there since the beginning to never get one. Unlike Yoshi, who has a shortage of characters to select from outside Kamek and the Baby versions of characters already in Smash, F-Zero has quite a selection of bizarre and unique characters. A lot of suggestions for Black Shadow I've seen seem to stem from giving him Falcondorf's moves so Ganon can finally be free to get a unique moveset of his own.
That doesn't install much confidence to me in the character when one of the main reasons for his support is to adopt a moveset that no one wanted a more popular character to have.

Want: 55%
I want another F-Zero rep. I do! Given the option I'd back good ol' Goroh over Black Shadow but BS(unfortunate abbreviation) is a good second choice even if I feel Goroh's that much more iconic.

Chrom/Lucina combo: 9%
...okay, even if Chrom isn't a Marth clone, how will adding Lucina who IS essentially Marth in an Ice Climbers style Team up going to make them more unique?
Still seeing how important the Pair Up system is in Awakening I can see this idea having SOME sort of support.
(Although Robin would be a better partner than Lucina)

NOMINATIONS:
Captain Syrup X 3
Mallow X 2

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Black Shadow

Chance - 5%

Want - 50%
whatever....

Lucina and Chrom: 1%

x5 Pauline (Donkey Kong)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Japanese Batman (Black shadow) - 10%
It is certain to agree that f-zero is dead, but that dose not mean any f-zero characters can't get in. on black shadow note he is the lesser of the two (the other being Goroh) but he dose have some notable popularity in japan and could end up with falcondorf's move set.

Want - 40%
My only use would be to give Ganondorf a unique move set.

Lucina & Chrom - 4.7%
I don't think they will do well.

Nominations: WolfX5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
While he is technically Deathborn's pawn in GX, AFAIK he is in fact the main villain of the anime and its tie-in games, is depicted as such in X (for as little story as that game has), and is the main villain through most of GX's storyline. Also, that pretty blatantly ignores that the "creators" are proven to be the ultimate bad after the one mission the player actually faces Deathborn. Black Shadow is so much more consistently the main villain of the F-Zero series/franchise that to say he's anything else just because of a small handful of scenes from one game seems to be selling him short.
Ah, now I see. I never knew too much about the anime, so I wasn't aware of this. Regardless, I still believe Goroh is the better choice for a number of reasons.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Black Shadow

Chance: 10% - Prominent character from a popular franchise. Highly wanted in Japan.

Want: 5% - I'm really ok with just Falcon. Inherit Ganondorf's moveset making the Gerudo King more unique? We could simply end up with a third Falcondorf brother instead.

Chrom & Lucina Prediction: 9.5% - Many people believe they should be separate.

Nominations:
Victini x 5

Groose

Smash Champion
Batman Chance: 15%
I think we have a pretty real shot at an F-Zero character... Shadow is one of the more common requests in Japan. He could make it in... but Goroh and F-Zero itself are obstacles.

Batman Want: 80%
I'm more of a Goroh man myself, but he'd certainly be an awesome character in his own right. Add in the fact that he could potentially lead to Ganondorf getting a unique moveset... I'm sold.

Oh, and did I mention that he's Batman? I always used to think that as a little kid.

Chrom and Lucina Team: 4.32%
That leak was proved false, was it not? The idea lives on, but it has taken a major blow.

Phoenix Wright x5
TAKE THAT!

DAY OVER
RETURN OF GROOSE

Groose

Smash Champion
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
13.09% chance
43.00% want

BOOST POWER! Black Shadow did much better than most of the contestants we've seen recently... but not quite that great overall. He lost to Goroh by about 3% in chance... oof.

Today we'll be rating Chrom and Lucina functioning as an Ice Climbers-eque team. I'll give you a little bit of an explanation. This idea started receiving nominations after a now-debunked "leaker" asserted that Chrom and Lucina would appear in the game as a tag-team. The leaker was debunked... but the idea lives on. A prominent part of Fire Emblem Awakening is the "team-up" option, and Chrom and Lucina share a special connection and are the main characters. Still, will this idea translate to Smash? Please rate Chrom and Lucina team in chance and want.

Oh my god... a tie on the nominations list! I put the two top-ranked characters through an RNG program in true FE fashion... and Anna came out on top. Please predict how the RNG Goddess and local merchant Anna will fare in tomorrow's game. Doing so can earn you extra nominations, like those won by Paulkagebein. I also have to give five and an apology to Smasher101, who won a few days ago. I accidentally confused you with someone else. Enjoy the extra five!

Note 1: I'm behind on the music section. Known issue. I'll get to it. Eventually. Really pressed for time lately.

Note 2: How would you guys like to start rating general concepts in addition to characters? Stuff like "Mario Newcomer" or "Three Fire Emblem Slots?" Someone suggested this before the DDoS. It may be fun to see higher percentages again... but is it worth it?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh man Anna <3
Chrom and Lucina Chance: 35% It's still possible since they both are popular characters in Awakening, they might become a duo to represent the pair-up system.
Chrom and Lucina Want: 80% I'm all for Chrom and Lucina
Anna Prediction: 34.7% Most people will rate her low because they never played Awakening that makes her a great and potential character for Smash 4.
Nominate:
Tom Nook x5

D

Deleted member

Chrom & Lucina
Chance: 3%
Alone... they are fine. Together... they are worse. While the concept sounds cool, I think people rather have Chrom and Lucina be separate characters. Not only that, but I think that there are some limitations with the 3DS that do hurt their chances of being one character slot. If Sakurai and his team are having trouble with the Ice Climbers, then I think that they will have the same trouble with this team... except more so. The reason why the Ice Climbers work and why a Plusle & Minun combo would work is that the characters are from an incredibly similar build that they can develop two characters with the same moveset and give the second character in the pair AI. The reason why I think Chrom & Lucina won't work is that they are two different characters and thus require two different movesets in my opinion; this could lead to some more technical issues for the team. Wasn't there supposed to be a Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong combo that was supposed to happen but didn't for those same reasons? They also have to compete with themselves as one slot (Chrom for a slot vs. Lucina for a slot) and other Fire Emblem characters; especially a highly demanded Roy. Overall, I don't think that a tag-team would work very well in my opinion.
Want: 0%
To be honest, I don't really care about which Fire Emblem character gets in. I haven't played a Fire Emblem game since the series doesn't interest me and there are so many characters that people want that I can't see myself supporting one (or in this case, two at the same time). I really only care about Marth (who's pretty much a lock) and Ike (because he's pretty cool). However... my most wanted Fire Emblem character is Owain and that's because almost nobody wants him. (I also heard he's funny...)
Anna Prediction: 24.19%
Umm... hard for me to predict. From what I understand, she is one of the most re-occuring characters in the series.
Nominations: Little Mac 3x, Captain Rainbow 2x
Oh! And yes, I would love to rate concepts like a new Mario character or a third Fire Emblem character. That would be interesting.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Chrom and Lucina

Chance: 12% I don't think they would be too happy about trying to add another dual character, at this point I can only see Chrom by himself as an Awakening rep.

Want: 0% I prefer Roy, or Lucina by herself.

Anna: 23% She's the only non lord character I could see being playable, but getting in over Chrom and Roy? not likely.

Mallow x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Chrom AND Lucina: 0.25%
One of them will almost certainly get in, but not both as a tag-team character. Paired units in Awakening don't really function in a way that translates well to a tag-team in Smash. For instance, every playable character in the game can be paired with every other character, and there are in fact many better combinations than Chrom and Lucina, considering the fact that the two can only get an A-support.

Want: 33%
Again, I'd prefer one or the other, and I don't even like Chrom that much.

Anna prediction: 8.2%

Nominate:
Quote x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Chrom and Lucina - 7.5%
It is in the realm of possibility but, rather unlikely. mainly because of the difficulties it would be to program two characters in one character slot on the 3ds. but seeing that time constraints are not a problem they could find a way to implement them into the game. (of course after the ice climbers)

Want - 55%
Could be cool but I would rather have that time spent on someone else

Anna - 11.22%
I have no idea

nomination: WolfX5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Dual Lords:
The concept is a clever one, and would make sense from their game... given how the games note they use the same sword style (understandable due to wibbly wobbly <spoilers redacted> stuff) it would even translate well into Smash 'cos they'd move exactly the same, just with slightly different models. The problem is, the Ice Climbers are already having trouble with the dual-character engine, and the precedent of FE characters being swordsmen with relatively similar (but definitely not clone) move sets...

Chance: 12%
I give a small chance they thought this idea up themselves at Sora; as out of the box as they are with Wii Fit and Villager these shout out at you with pre-Brawl popularity and sales figures to hand... Awakening's duality moves are important, but don't jump out of the page as much as the individual characters do... though there is a chance of course. Then comes the possibility it hit them later/the heard about the leak/someone, somewhere suggested it... and that's where most of this chance comes in. If Chrom was chosen it wouldn't be the biggest thing in the world to rework him into the Dual Lords... it'd increase the workload a bunch, sure, probably the better part of a character... but the results would make sense, and represent a lot more of awakening... in all, I think the extra work would be worth it. Problems here reside in the fact other characters may still take priority over the duo, and then there's limitations due to 3DS and the chances Sakurai's too busy making the game to receive, or at least properly think about, the Dual Lord slot. I think had the idea really blown up before E3 the chances would be higher, but it might be too late for it's popularity to have risen.

Want: 90%
So much cooler, and a better awakening rep, than either on their own... They're not ammoung my most wanted atm, although they have been when the idea was fresh and super interesting to me, and they're still something I would be extremely happy to see in the game.

Anna: 20%
As a DQ fan I know how popular a shopkeeper can get after one playable appearance! Torneko Taloon got his own side-series way before Slime, and sold really well for the time... Anna's likely got a fair bit of popularity among FE fans, so I see her doing quite well... Sadly I just don't see a shopkeeper being in smash bros (even Torneko) as anything more than an Assist Trophy, even though I like FE... I think those who don't will give her a straight zero without thought, and I suspect they'll outnumber the FE fans by a fair margin...

And yay, by concept idea is being considered; I am obviously all for it, so I can then just say 'Fatal Fram Rep' rather than having to remember how to spell Ruka's second name every day... and it'd be interesting to see what people think of course... but seriously I like the idea, that's why I put it forward.

Knuckles*5
(He break 'em down whether they solid or frail!)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Thanks again!

Chrom and Lucina's chances: 5% - I think we're more likely to get one of them by themselves.
Want: 20%

Anna prediction: 16.04%

Andy x10

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Chrom and Lucina Tag Team... (-_-)
Likelihood:1%
I don't see it happening. Sakurai ran into complications when trying to implement the idea in Brawl, and now that the game is being developed for the 3DS as well only makes it worse.

Even as an IC-styled team, I feel it would be awkward, given their much more normal body proportions.

I honestly hate the idea. They're MUCH better off alone.

Anna (oh boy!): 3%
I'm more interested in her want % though.

Fawful x 5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sakurai is willing to push the 3DS's limits though. So it's still possible they can be a duo. It's like you think Sakurai is gonna give up on the concept, when really he will go for anything.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Chrom and Lucina

Chance - 3% - Given how hard it is to stand out in Fire Emblem, paring two charterers together makes sense to help them out. However, given the difficulties in getting the Ice Climbers into the 3DS, I'm having major doubts on any more duo/transforming characters to appear. As for this pair, I'd say this is the only Fire Emblem pair that has a chance, as the family relations give them a better boost and makes more sense than either with the Avatar.

Want - 40% - Pretty much the only way I'd accept either of them. Still would have Robin as my Awakening character though.

And so, Ephraim had picked a fight he could not win. Sorry Fastblade, but the instant you said the tie should be decided by a RNG, fate had already been decided. Still, best of luck to you tomorrow.

Anna Prediction - 23.5% - A definitive dark horse candidate. She might be a hidden gem, but some people only seem to think lords should make it.

Nominations
Hades X3
Dark Matter X2

Edit-
After giving it some though, I don't see why voting on concepts would be a good idea. Anything that we can do with that, I'd think a character could cover. It feels redundant to me.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Ok it's fact time :seuss:
  • The 3DS is having problems with the Ice Climbers. Even though it is very likely that it will be fixed there is still the fact that it may not be. -5%
  • They are all in all not very popular -1%
  • It would fix the issue of deciding one or the other +1%
  • They had that partner thing in FE +3%
  • Fire Emblem has sooo much competition within itself -2%
  • New stuf to the roster ok a sword user + ice climber? that's two un-unique things... -5%
Chrom + Lucina: -9% (0%)

Anna: 12% (people do not know how to rate if it goes over that by much)

x5 Chancellor Cole

Note 1: I'm behind on the music section. Known issue. I'll get to it. Eventually. Really pressed for time lately.
[collapse=A dab of help]Game:
Prologue: Metal Gear 2 - Theme of Solid Snake
Intro: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Battlefield
Nomination:Earthbound - Main Menu
Ratings: Soda Popinski Battle (Punch-Out!! Wii)
Debate: Bowser's Final Battle
Day Over: Return of Groose: Groose's Theme
A New Day Begins: Guile's Theme

Characters:
Palutena (Day 2): Kid Icarus Uprising - The Return of Palutena, Boss Battle 2, Uprising Main Theme,Kid Icarus Uprising - Palutena's Temple, and Uprising - Boss Theme 2

Ridley (Day 3):Super Metroid - Vs. Ridley, Lower Norfair (Super Metroid), Brinstar (Melee), Vs. Ridley (Other M), and Meta-Ridley (Brawl)

Isaac (Day 4):Venus Lighthouse, Golden Sun Main Theme, Isaac Battle Theme, and Saturos Battle Theme

King K. Rool (Day 5): Gangplank Galleon, K. Rool Battle (Brawl), K. Rool Duel (64), and K. Rool Returns

Shulk (Day 6): You Will Know Our Names, Engage the Enemy, Gaur Plains, God Slaying Sword, Satorl Marsh (Night), Mechonis Field, Time to Fight, and Beyond the Sky

Dixie Kong (Day 7): Mining Melancholy, Krook's March, and Bramble Blast

Pac-Man (Day 8):Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - BGM #1, Buccaneer Beach, and Space Race

Toon Link (Day 9): Dragon Roost Island , Outset Island, Link and Zelda's Duet, and Wind Waker Symphonic Movement

Mewtwo (Day 10): Battle With Mewtwo (Stadium), Wild Pokemon Battle, Invitation to Danger, Lavender Town, and Mewtwo's Island

Krystal (Day 11): Fox and Krystal (Adventures), Krystal's Theme (Command), and Sauria (Assault)

Little Mac (Day 12):Punch-Out!! (Wii) - Main Theme, Soda Popinski, Mr. Sandman, and Major Circuit (Title Defense)

Bowser Jr. (Day 13): Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla, Shadow Mario, Bowser Jr. (Galaxy), Mecha Bowser, Bowser Jr. Battle (Paper Mario: Sticker Star), Bowser Jr. Battle 2 (Party 9), and Bowser Jr.'s Mad (Party 9)

Paper Mario (Day 14): Paper Mario- Mario's Theme, Rawk Hawk, Final Boss, and Dark Bowser

Lucina (Day 15): Id-Sorrow, You May Call Me Marth, Storm Clouds (Ablaze), Duty (Ablaze), Id (Hope), and Gods, Have the Risen Spread this Far?

Roy (Day 16): Roy's Theme, Recruitment Medley, Fire Emblem (Melee), Winning Road, Shaman in the Dark, Melancholy, and Ships and Homes

Mii (Day 17): Mii Channel, Find Mii, and Wii Sports

Owain (Day 18): Prelude-Ablaze, Main Theme (Spa), Main Theme (Festival), Mastermind, Chaos (Ablaze), and Annihilation (Galvanized)

Takamaru (Day 19): Takamaru Combat (Nintendoland), Douchuumen (Brawl), and Takamaru Boss Battle (Nintendoland)

Lucario (Day 20): Fight Back, Lucario's Theme, Goodbye Lucario, and D/P Gym Leader Battle

Ice Climbers (Day 21): Icicle Mountain (Melee), Ice Climber (Brawl), Bonus Stage (NES), and Stage Theme (NES)

Waddle Dee (Day 22): Waddle Dee Tank, Better Building, Fountain of Dreams (Melee), Waddle Dee (Kirby 64), Squeak Squad (Brawl), and Dream Land (Smash 64)

Jigglypuff (Day 23): Song of Jigglypuff, Route 209 (Brawl), Jigglypuff Live, and Lavender Town Theme

Lyn (Day 24): Girl of the Plains, Raising Spirits, Precious Things, Friendship and Adventure, Distant Travels, Attack (Brawl), Lyn's Desire, and Inescapable Fate

Chrom (Day 25): Fire Emblem Theme (Awakening), Divine Decree (Ablaze), Don't Speak Her Name, and What if I'm Not Worthy?

Toad (Day 26): Toad's Turnpike, Inside Peach's Castle, and Toad's Theme

Tingle (Day 27): Tingle's Theme, Southern Swamp, and Malo Mart

Sandbag (Day 28): Break the Targets, Multi-Man Melee 2, and Tabuu

Ike (Day 29): Fire Emblem Theme (Radiant Dawn Version), Ike's Resolution, Greil Mercenaries, The Devoted, The Goddess' Rebuke, and Ike's Theme (Brawl)

Tetra/Toon Zelda (Day 30): Pirate Theme, Zelda's Lullaby, Molgera Battle, and Great Sea

Dillon (Day 31): Rolling Western Theme, Final Boss Theme, and A Difficult Choice

WALUGI (Day 32): Waluigi's Theme, Waluigi Island, Waluigi Pinball, and Carol of the WAA

Pokemon Trainers (Day 33): Red (Skotein), Trainer Battle Themes, Littleroot Town Reorchestrated, Canalave City, Route 26 (Anime Version), Red and Blue (Skotein), and Red's Journey (Skotein)

Geno (Day 34): Forest Maze, Geno Awakens, Boss Fight, and Booster Tower

R.O.B. (Day 35): Gyromite(Brawl), Gyromite Game A, and Famicom Melody(Brawl)

Ganondorf (Day 36): Dark Lord Ganondorf (TP), Great King of Evil (OoT), Ganon (OoT), Ganondorf (WW), and Hyrule Castle (TP)

Zoroark (Day 37): Final N Battle, Master of Illusions, and Lugia's Song

Simon Belmont (Day 38): Special Medley, Simon Belmont's Theme, Bloody Tears (Simon's Quest), Bloody Tears (Hard Rock Mix), Silence of Daylight (Ocremix version), Wicked Child (Orchestral), Praying Hands, and Vampire Killer (X Chronicles)

Masked Man (Day 39): Mecha-Drago Battle, Battle Against the Masked Man, Menu (Mother 3), 16 Melodies, Natural Killer Cyborg, and It is Finished

Vaati (Day 40): Vaati's Fury, Dark Hyrule Castle, Zelda: Main Theme (Brawl), and Boss Battle (Minish Cap)

Saki (Day 41): Risk One's Neck, Blood Infactor, Saki, Music Raid Blue, Ally Risker's, and Wait Soon Ripe

Medusa (Day 42): Boss Battle 1, Reset Bomb Forest, Medusa's Final Battle, Underworld Castle, and Reaper's Line of Sight

Starfy (Day 43): Starfy's Theme, Let's Go, Boss Battle, Final Boss Battle, Sad, and Super Tough

Karate Joe (Day 44): Karateka, Remix 10, Wish Can't Wait for You, Karate Man (Fever), Karate Man (Struck by the Rain), Karate Man 2, Rhythm Fighter, and Karate Man (Japanese)

Samurai Goroh (Day 45): Samurai Goroh's Theme (GX), Red Canyon Theme (GX), Big Blue (Melee), Mute City (Melee), Fire Field (Brawl), White Land (Brawl), ZEN Aeropolis (GX), Devil's Forest (X), Planet Colors (GX), DIZZY Phantom Road (GX), Lightning Final Lap (GX), Megamix One, and Megamix Two

Lucas (Day 46): Mother 3 Love Theme (Brawl), Fate, Monkey's Delivery Service, Murasaki Forest, Theme of Duster, Ragtime Osohe, and Mom's Hometown

Robin (Day 47): Run All You Like-You Can't Escape Fate, Id~Purpose, Id~Darkness, Here We Are! The Shepard's Garrison, Id~Serenity, and Such Bonds are the Strength of this Army

Sonic the Hedgehog (Day 48): Green Hill Zone, Live and Learn, Open Your Heart, Escape From the City, Metal Harbor, Wonder World, Reach for the Stars, Chemical Plant Zone, Star Light Zone, Ice Cap Zone, Flying Battery Zone, Lava Reef Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Angel Island Zone (Brawl), Aquatic Park Zone, Sky Babylon Zone, Quartz Quadrant Zone, Rooftop Run, It Doesn't Matter, Seaside Hill, Endless Possibilities, Perfect Dark Gaia, Molten Mine, Aquatic Ruin Zone, Casino Park, Casino Night Zone, Labyrinth Zone, Crisis City, Live Life, Knight of the Wind, Doomsday Zone, Flying Battery Zone, Bonus Stage (Sonic 2), Wave Ocean- The Inlet, What I'm Made Of, His World (Crush 40), His World (Zebrahead), His World (Sonic '06), Mephiles,Solaris Phase 1, and Solaris Phase 2.

Genesect (Day 49): Wild Pokemon Battle (BW), Legendary Pokemon Battle (BW), Champion Alder, Champion Iris, Gym Battle (BW), and Elite Four Battle (BW)

Chibi-Robo (Day 50): Chibi Robo, Drake Redcrest's Theme, Dinah's Theme, Peekoe's Theme, Sunshine's Theme, and Labyrinth Plumbing

Porky (Day 51): Porky's Theme (Brawl), Master Porky's Theme (Mother 3), Isn't this such a Utopia?, Porky Means Business, Porky Means Business (Orchestral), Oh Buta Mask, Theme of the Pig King, Porky's Pokies, Piggy Guys, and Pokey's Theme (Earthbound)

Skull Kid (Day 52): Time's End (Full Theophany Album), Skull Kid Battle, Title Theme (MM), Majora's Theme, Lost Woods (OoT), Sacred Grove (TP), Sacred Grove (ZREO), Oath to Order (ZREO), Stone Tower Temple, Song of Healing (Adrisaurus Vocals), Song of Healing (MM), and End Credits (MM)

Lip (Day 53): Lip's Theme (Brawl), Thiana's Theme, and Windy's Theme

Professor Layton (Day 54): Layton's Theme, Unwound Future, Puzzle Medley, Don Paolo, Descole, Battle of Wits, Layton's Theme (Fighting Remix), and Pursuit~Casting Magic

Falco (Day 55): Space Armada (Brawl), Star Fox Theme (Brawl), Corneria (Melee), Venom (Melee), and Credits (Star Fox 64)

Bomberman (Day 56): Redial (Bomberman Hero), Zip (Bomberman Hero), Green Garden (Bomberman 64), Rainbow Palace (Bomberman 64), Angel (Bomberman 64: The Second Attack), Normal Battle 1 (Bomberman Blast), Area 1, Title, Bomberman 64 Opening, 64 Intro, Masker (Bomberman 64), Stage Select (Bomberman 64), Blue Resort (Bomberman 64), and Super Bomberman - Boss Music

Kamek (Day 57): Mini-Boss (Yoshi's Island), Boss Fight (Yoshi's Island), Giga Baby Bowser, Castle Fortress, Kamek's Theme (Sticker Star), and Kamek's Theme SNES (Yoshi's Island DS)

Slime (Day 58): Dragon Quest Overture, Blue Skies, Blue Slime, Rocket Slime Boss Battle, Rocket Slime Tank Battle, Rocket Slime Slival Battle, Dragon Quest 1 Overworld Theme, Dragon Quest 4 Battle Theme, Dragon Quest 5 Boss Theme, Dragon Quest 8 Final Boss Theme, and Level Up

Solid Snake (Day 59): [MG] Theme of Tara, [MGS] Encounter (Brawl), [MGS2] Main Theme, [MGS2] Yell "Dead Cell", [MGS4] Theme of Love (Brawl), [MGS4] Metal Gear Saga, and [MGS4] Father and Son

Mr. Game and Watch (Day 60): Flat Zone (Melee), Chef, Fire, Oil Panic and Flat Zone 2

Impa (Day 61): Impa's Fate, Fi's Theme, Koloktos Battle (SS), Ballad of the Goddess, and Ballad of the Goddess (Reversed)

Meowth (Day 62): Team Rocket Battle (HeartGold), Double Trouble (Vocal), Team Rocket Motto (Vocal), Team Rocket Motto (BGM), Pokemon Theme Song, Team Galactic Battle (Brawl), and 2.B.A Master

Duck Hunt Dog (Day 63): Hogan's Alley Gunslinger, Super Scope 6, and Duck Hunt (Remix)

Ghirahim (Day 64): Ghirahim's Theme, Final Ghirahim, Final Demise, Eldin Volcano, Stalfos, Sky, and Lanayru Desert

Rayman (Day 65): Bland Land, Blue Mountains, Mr. Skops, and Mr. Dark Battle

Ashley (Day 66): Ashley's Song (Brawl), Terrormisu, Sweatmore Peak, Pecan Sands, Crescent Moon Village, and Mystic Lake

Sylveon (Day 67): Trainer Battle (X and Y), Gym Leader Battle (X and Y), Wild Pokemon Battle (X and Y), and Rival Battle (X and Y) Note: All are recreations of unreleased music.

Anthony Higgs (Day 68): Anthony Higgs, Pyrosphere, and Nightmare

Mach Rider (Day 69): Mach Rider (Brawl), Course Theme, and Race Theme 02

Lloyd Irving (Day 70): Like a Glint of Light, Fighting of the Sprirts, Fatalize, Final Destination, Kratos Battle, Sheena, and Lloyd

Mike Jones (Day 71): Sailing, Cave, and Overworld

Primid (Day 72): Ode to Minions, Tabuu, Subspace Area, Danger Ahead, and SSBB Main Theme

Cloud (Day 73): FF7 overworld theme, J-E-N-O-V-A, Shinra theme, City of the Ancients, Overworld theme (Orchestrated), and Trail of Blood

Black Shadow (Day 74): Devils Call in Your Heart (Brawl), Meaning of the Truth, GX Main Theme, Black Shadow Theme (GX), Mute City (GX), Devil's Call in Your Heart (X), Climb Up and Get the Last Chance! (X), Port Town (X), Phantom Road (GX), Lightning (GX), and Vegas Palace (GX)

Chrom + Lucina Tag Team (Day 75): Fire Emblem Theme (Awakening), Divine Decree (Ablaze), Don't Speak Her Name, What if I'm Not Worthy?, Id-Sorrow, You May Call Me Marth, Storm Clouds (Ablaze), Duty (Ablaze), Id (Hope), and Gods, Have the Risen Spread this Far?
[/collapse]

Note 2: How would you guys like to start rating general concepts in addition to characters? Stuff like "Mario Newcomer" or "Three Fire Emblem Slots?" Someone suggested this before the DDoS. It may be fun to see higher percentages again... but is it worth it?
I would be game if it will be in addition to a character

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Chrom and Lucina team chance=10%

Chrom and Lucina team want=8%

Anna prediction=16%

Nomination=5xNeku and Shiki

I only support voting on concepts if it's in addition to the characters. Otherwise, you're just blowing off all the characters that people have voted for.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
like 1% im not kidding this is stupid who's stupid idea was this?
want: 20% ugh but they aren't that bad otherwise, still don't want em.

Anna: 13.6

Nomination
Lucario x4
Amaterasu

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
I like note 2!!!
Chrom and Lucina
Chance: 5%
These are characters that are not likely to be transforming characters like Zelda/Sheik, Zero Suit/Samus, etc. If we are going to get a newcomer for FE it should be only ONE of those two.

Want: 2%
I want Chrom by himself!

Prediction for Anna: 17.38%

Nominations:
Master Hand x5

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I'd be cool with it. There are plenty of concepts that I'm interested to here people's thoughts of (5 pokemon slots, 4 3rd parties, a retro rep in addition to Takamaru, etc.). Although it might be a better idea to make a second thread for this idea, but who knows.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Chance: 20%
Want: 40% I would honestly prefer Chrom in the game over Lucina, even though I like Lucina more.

Anna: 4%

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Chrom and Lucina team
Chance: 3% - They would be difficult to implement due to the supposed limitations on the 3ds.
Want: 100% - Absolutely, I'd use them all the time.

Anna prediction: 7%

Nominations: Wonder Red x5.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'll say that would be a great idea, after searching though the nominations, we'll probably run out of possible additions in a little over a month :ohwell:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Oh man oh boy oh girl.
Chromatic Hallucination
Likelihood: 2% - It's a neat idea, but I can't see it happen.
Want: 0% - It's bad enough that I dislike both on their own; I despise them togheter (as Smash candidates, that is).

Ban Anna
Prediction: 14.34% - Goddammit, I'm sick of these characters of which one has no idea what to expect.

Nominations
Below Zero degrees x3
COME ON! ALMOST THERE! (Sukapon) x2

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Chrome Wheels and Lucy: 3%
I honestly don't see them both making it in and just from looking at the trend they seem to going after small characters with short range(Ice Climbers, Plusle & Minun, Diddy & Dixie).
Want: 5% Maybe as an assist trophy or final smash for 1 of the individual characters.

5x Wolf

Anna: 8.7%

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
There was a rumor about Chrom/Lucina actually being a thing? Interesting...

Also, looks like we need one more nomination to get a Lucario rerate next round. Who's it gonna be?

Chrom/Lucina - 2%
To be honest, this isn't a bad idea. Between the pair-up system in Awakening, their relative interchangeability for the purpose of Smash, and the need for some more uniqueness from Fire Emblem reps, the idea of a Chrom/Lucina tag team has potential. Heck, the fact that Sakurai has already talked publicly about his difficulty implementing tag team characters for SSB4 may indicate he's already tried this idea. Still, it seems like a pie in the sky idea, something that's way more unlikely than simply adding Chrom or Lucina, assuming Sakurai doesn't go for something totally different or forgo a third Fire Emblem slot altogether. One case where I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
Want - 50% - In a perfect world, I'd rather have Lucina alone over what sounds like a gimmick character. Still, this could end up being very cool...

Anna - 9%
Blargh I don't know how to call these Fire Emblem characters.

Nominations
Lucario x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom