• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Tetra

She could be a transformation of Toon Zelda, but I hope that if she is included she is separate.
Chance: 12%
Want: 60%

No Pacman

Sakurais statement about Namco characters getting no special treatment doesnt mean we wont get one. Pacman is definitely legendary, on the levels of Megaman or Sonic.
Chance: 35%
Want: 25%

Diskun: 3.6%
Pacman: 57.2%

Nominations:
King K Rool x5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Solo Tetra Chance - 25%

I think it'd be more likely that she would be a transformation with Toon Zelda. Neither of them are exactly the most likely potential newcomers, but I'm still confident we'll be getting a Zelda newcomer, and I think Toon Zelda/Tetra is the most likely.

Want - 95%

Speaking as huge fan of Wind Waker as well as someone who sees potential in a pirate character. I'd be quite happy with Tetra's inclusion, whether she is paired with Toon Zelda or not.

No Namco Newcomer - 56%

Just gonna take a guess here. Pac-man is pretty much the only potential third party character left with a ghost of a chance that is well known and fairly well wanted. It really all depends on whether Sakurai sees any potential in Pac-man. If he thinks Pac-man has potential, then I believe he might very well make it. Other Namco characters like Dig Dug or Nightmare don't really have a chance.

Want - 45%

I'm indifferent to Pac-man, but a character like Dig Dug would make me happy, but unfortunately there isn't any way that we'll be getting Dig Dug. That I'm certain of.

Diskun Prediction - 5.22%

This should be interesting.

Pac-man Prediction - 63.23%

2 DK newcomers x10

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Funny. I recall reading this on GameFAQs early this afternoon during my break. Was that your account there that posted it, or did they swipe it from you?
It is indeed my GameFAQs account. I wish I could change my name on here (I would be infinitely more active and involved if I could), but I have never received a response from the mods or Smashboards.

Tetra (solo) - 5%
No Namco newcomer - 45%

Audience/"Stage" (Paper Mario) x5 (should be at 10)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
tetra solo - 12.55%
tetra is a strong competitor for the Zelda newcomer . . . with toon Zelda, she still holds a chance going solo, buts she's not as strong as with her alternate self
want - 75%
this is my third choice for a Zelda newcomer, I like tetra and think a pirate like character could be interesting, much better than being paired up with toon Zelda
no Namco newcomer - 50%
its basically pacman or no one, so I basically did it half an half because i'm lazy
want - 55%
i'm basically neutral when it comes to pacman, but i'm more of the anti side than the pro side for him, still basically neutral
diskun - 1.12%
basically a low chance, but someones going come in and give him a high chance
pacman (how ironic) - 46.75%
if I remember correctly, many said that he was overrated (on that special overrated day) so I imagine he'll drop significantly from his previous score
nominations:
whelp looks like my work is almost finished here, my guy is right on up next on the nominations list, so this is my last one,
so it looks like tomorrow is going to be:
clock.png
X5

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Tetra: 20% Chance
Makes sense to fight on her own, as she's a more unique fighter than a Zelda clone.
65% Want

No Namco: 50% Chance
Pac-Man is another character I'm on the fence with.
Want: 50%
I'm not a huge supporter of Pac-Man but I think he's legendary enough to deserve a spot. So again, on the fence.

5x Athena Cykes

It's almost my turn! I'm so psyched!

Smady

Smash Master
Tetra:

5% Chance - I don't see it happening, largely because of the difficulty it would take to make her a unique moveset. Others may disagree, but I outright refuse to believe Sakurai would spend the insane amount of time necessary to make a new transformation character like Zelda from Melee/Brawl. Not only that, her potential in that case is largely split in two. Tetra has potential for a great solo set, but it's pretty obscured behind allies and props. She's not unpopular, but she definitely lacks the support to back up an undertaking that big. Rosalina was different because once you get down to it, she's a fairly straightforward character, using the Luma as a minion. It's tougher when you have to use human companions as a protagonist, and I don't know if we'd ever see that in Smash Bros. If he didn't do that, a set could be made, but again, it's simply not unique - it'd have similarities to Toon Link because of the shape (not huge similarities, but they'd be there) plus there are so many sword users. If she's going to use magic, she's aping on Zelda and steps into clone territory. I also don't think the character especially deserves a spot, compared to Ganondorf who could much more easily have an original set made from Wind Waker and desperately needs one.

5% Want - I don't like the character and nothing she could do in a set appeals to me as a player. There are other characters like K. Rool who are much better pirates and in Zelda, Ghirahim operates as a better summoner, while Tingle is a far superior low-tier weight/size to take advantage of that. The only reason I'd want her is for her supporters.

No Namco Newcomer:

40% Chance - Lets ignore Pac-Man for a moment who is a fifty-fifty toss up, as that's a discussion for tomorrow apparently. What else Namco has is not as iconic or deserving by a country mile, but they add a whole ten percent because of how many there are. Lloyd Irving from Tales had a gigantic support base for a time but that dwindled, Tekken has a gallery of characters to choose from and there are many games Namco publishes that could, I'm sure, be used to make great sets for Smash Bros. What hurts their chances is that quote from Sakurai about Namco getting no special preference. It won't affect Pac-Man, however it would hint at other companies having a fair chance and I doubt Namco's tertiary selection trumps, I don't know, Konami's. It makes the likelihood of a lesser known Namco rep almost nil. Ultimately I'd give about 5-10% for Lloyd and some extra for a completely random, unpredictable pick.

0% Want - It's hard to think about how much you want to not have a newcomer. When you add in Pac-Man, that is already a resounding no, but casting out every single Namco rep alongside him makes it hard for me to say I want that. Unless we get into the speculative math of how a Namco newcomer would hurt other newcomers and I just don't think it would. Third-parties don't really factor into those kinds of arguments, and against one another, Simon Belmont is not going to be hurt by Pac-Man, if Sakurai wanted to he'd add both.

Pac-Man Prediction: 61.5%
THE PAC IS BACK

Goku x5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tetra!
Likelihood: 20%
A solo Tetra is possible with Wind Waker HD being a recent release and Sakurai focusing more on uniqueness this time. That said, I still see Tetra+Toon Zelda as more likely.

Want: 100%
Sure. Tetra is one of my favourite Zelda characters.

No Namco character: 40%
Pac-Man is the only option for a Namco character, and I see his chances at around 60%, so there goes the rest.

Want: 70%
I don't really care about any Namco characters (and I particularly dislike Pac-Man), so it's more than 50%.

Pac-Man prediction: 60%
I expect a small rise.

Bowser's Castle stage x 5

Once we have enough stages rated, I'll make Top 10 charts for stages too!

Also, CHART UPDATES!
- Little Mac's artwork updated.
- K, Rool and Ridley switched places in the want chart

Chance 10

Want 10

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Tetra
20% Chance Solo
She is more iconic than Toon Zelda, and ironically would be more unique solo, in my eyes.
50% Want
Indifferent

No Namco Rep
50% Chance
Pac Man is 50 50
70% Want
Not the biggest pac man fan..

Diskun 8.88%
Pac Man 47.77%

Nominating King K Rool x 10

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Tetra, No Toon Zelda:
Chance: 8%
I can't see it happening. If each Smash game reps the previous gen's console(hence Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Little Mac, etc) then it falls between the awkward period where Tetra made her two big appearances in the Wind Waker(Gamecube) and Wind Waker HD(Wii U). Her best hope is to be included alongside Toon Zelda who was at least in games during the Wii period.

Want: 60%
That said I like Tetra a lot. Wind Waker was my favourite Zelda game and she was a great character within it. I just can't see her getting in without her crappier half...and that's providing Toon Zelda gets in without Spirit Zelda of course which was another form Toon Zelda had that actually appeared in the correct time frame for non retros.

No Namco Character:
Chance: 10%
Yeah I don't buy it. Pac-Man is considerably more "legendary" than Snake, has far more to do with Nintendo, Namco are helping with Smash Bros. 4 and Pac-Man is honestly the most deserving third party left to put in this Smash Bros.

Want: 0%
The more I look into Pac-Man the more I realise how much more deserving he is than people give him credit for. Pac-Mania helped bring video games mainstream and into popular culture, before him it was all rather obscure with the exception of Pong, Asteroids and maybe Space Invaders. Pac-Man was the first commercially successful video game character. If not for Pac-Man there's a chance a lot of the characters we know and love today wouldn't have been around.

Doesn't help that he's probably the most likely character I actually give half a damn about seeing at this point with Toad deconfirmed and still being Peach's dumb B move, Meowth and Goroh no hopers outside a Pokeball and an AT, Duck Hunt Dog far from the most obvious retro pick, Porky unlikely due to Mother ending(and probably will return to his role as a boss), Roy's return looking doubtful, Robin and Isaac unlikely due to Chrom and general Golden Sun interest being lost, Vaati suffering from the same fate as Tetra(missed the boat), Dillon possibly being too new and Dixie now looking less likely than K. Rool...

****, Pac-Man's all I've got left to look forward to. That's pretty ****ing depressing right there that my most likely is a goddamn third party character. This is gonna be the lamest Smash Bros for me at this rate.

Predictions:
Diskun: 5%
Saturn popularized the idea. But it's kind of unlikely still.

Pac-Man: 50%
Most are probably going to say it could go either way. Obviously I'll be giving a top want score for him now I've just realised he's my best shot at a wanted newcomer.

Nominations:
Louie X 5.

Groose

Smash Champion
It is indeed my GameFAQs account. I wish I could change my name on here (I would be infinitely more active and involved if I could), but I have never received a response from the mods or Smashboards.

Audience/"Stage" (Paper Mario) x5 (should be at 10)
Yeah, you need to purchase a premium membership to make a name change. I don't think they're going to make any exceptions there.

Also, oops. I put your first five nominations for the "Stage" from Paper Mario under the Glitz Pitz Arena. I'll change that tonight.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Going to skip Tetra. I'm so indifferent and unknowledgable on this character that it's probably for the best.

How big is the chance of no Pac-Man?:

Because that's basically what this is, I don't see any other Namco characters with the same demand, legendary status and marketability as him.

Chance: 20% - I'm fairly certain the leak is the real deal.

Want: 95% - Which sucks, because I desperately don't want him in.

Diskun: 6% - Cool idea, but these kind of obscure character are always very iffy in chance

Pac-Man Prediction: 72% - Aiming high this time.

Nominations:
5x King K. Rool

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I updated the music section(s). @ Groose Groose you still haven't added part two of the music section yet, even though you have updated the OP.

Tetra: I put "Other Zelda Newcomer" at 6% when we rated the 5 zelda characters concept, so I will give Tetra a 2.5%

No Namco Newcomer: In other words, the opposite of Pac-Man - a few percent? That makes it a 37%

Diskun: 9.2%
Pac-Man: 55.11%

x5 Cookie Country

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Tetra alone:

Chance: 1%
While she is the popular one, and Zelda is a difficult character to balance (even P:M has issues with her being often argued as too good, though more for her ease of use tbf), the fact is she doesn't have an obvious moveset, and an obvious transformation... if she's getting in I'm fairly certain she'll be bringing a more offensively orientated Zelda semi-clone along with her.

I'd prefer a pair of Zeldas, one defensive one offensive. Her moveset could be worked into something really fun with Namco involved.

No Namco Rep:

Chance: 45%
I think Namco is just over half chance of getting a rep, and that rep is Pac-Man.

Want: 10%
Pac-Man's great, but if they take a slot from Slime because Sakurai thinks there are 'too many 3rd parties' or something then clearly I would be rather peeved.

Diskun: 6.4%
I've been too busy to keep up with Nominations, but I imagine this is Bluepikmin's doing, so it'll do reasonably well.

Pac-man: 55%

Fatal Frame*5
(If you think Ridley's too scary you have another thing coming researching this day! Mwahaha! :p)

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Solo Tetra Chance - 35%
Not that high due to fact that there is a chance that she could appear along side Toon Zelda and that there could be totally diffrent Zelda rep. Having Tetra solo isn't too far fetched though because of the fact that it would definitely be easier to make one character and Tetra is a pretty well established charter not really needing to paired up with her princess counter part. Also another thing that helps her is the fact that she is a recurring Zelda character that already appeared in 3 games and technically had a game of her own that included voice acting.
Solo Tetra Want - 100%
My most wanted Zelda newcomer. I could live live with her being solo or with Toon Zelda, just as long as she is in smash ^^

No Namco Rep Chance - 30%
Not too high because Namco is working on the game and it seems obvious that they will throw in a charter of their own even if Sakurai said they wouldn't get special treatment.
No Namco Rep Want - 55%
I'm indifferent with having a namco rep but I would think that if there was one that would be the last of the 3rd parties which I would not like.

Predictions
Diskun - 15% - Has a ok chance for being the next retro character
Pac-Man - 55% - A pretty likely 3rd party

Nominations
Chibi X5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tetra
Chances: 45%. If we get a Zelda character, she is one of the more prominent choices. She's somewhat popular and has appeared in several games, including one of her own. However, Zelda could be considered "complete" as is, especially in regard to the cel-shaded characters.

Want: 35%. I like Tetra, but there are many other choices I would prefer. More likely than not, she'll be a clone with Toon Zelda tacked on, which adds up to four Zeldas. I would rather have a more unique Zelda newcomer.

No Namco Newcomer
Chances: 92%. Sakurai has said that Bandai Namco isn't getting special treatment in the game, and that third-party characters would have to a "special situation" and I doubt that bodes well for a Namco character.
Pacman isn't intensely requested like Mega Man and Sonic (the two most wanted newcomers for Brawl), even Banjo-Kazooie is more wanted than him.

Want: 98%. If it were just Pacman, this would be 100% thanks to the bitterness of this community. But Nightmare bumps this rating down a bit, even if that's even less likely.
Diskun: 5%. A quaint, but overall uninteresting Retro.
Pacman: 20%. I would tear out my hair.

Nomination: Jill Valentine x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Diskun: 5%. A quaint, but overall uninteresting Retro.
Pacman: 8%. I would tear out my hair.
Kenith, you know that's what you predict will be Pac-Man's chance score right as voted by everyone here? He's currently in the top 10 of chance so to suddenly dip to 8% something drastic would have had to happen.

You vote your want rating on him tomorrow, buddy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Tetra:
Chance: 30%
To me, Tetra is one of those characters who seems very unlikely at first glance, but could actually be a dark horse contender. I'm still rating her at 30% because at this point, it still seems kind of iffy to me that there will ever be another Zelda newcomer, even if Wind Waker is one of the most popular entries in the world (including Japan). If Toon Zelda makes it in, I'm almost certain that she will be an alternate costume.

Want: 15%
I've never really been much of a Zelda fan, apart from ALTTP, Wind Waker, and Majora's Mask.

No Namco Newcomer:
Chance: 50%
It's really, truly hard to determine if there really will be a Namco Bandai representative in SSB4. All that I can say that it's a 50-50.

Want: 10%
If we're getting another 3rd party rep from Namco, then why the hell not? So long as it's someone like Pac-Man or from the Tales series, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Anyways, predictions?
Pac-Man: 60%

Diskun: 2.5%

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Tetra Chance: 20%

She has an "implied intent" precedent favorable to a similar character (Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik). However, she is the more realistic choice as she doesn't add two clones of a secondary character, she merely adds to the Toon roster while retaining another incarnation of Zelda; a second slot.

Tetra Want: 100%

No Namco Newcomer Chance: 50%
No Namco Newcomer Want: 100%

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Tetra- YOU MEAN KIDD ZEAL? :awesome:

Pros
+Toon version of Zelda
+Toon series has became prominent and very important
+She can not be a clone, and she can (THIS IS HELPFUL!)
Cons
-Vaati?
-Tingle? (Though he can turn into an AT)
-She could be passed up for being a possible clone
Overall?
-She has the precedence and realistic chances because what Morbid said:
She has an "implied intent" precedent favorable to a similar character (Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik). However, she is the more realistic choice as she doesn't add two clones of a secondary character, she merely adds to the Toon roster while retaining another incarnation of Zelda; a second slot.
Stop stealing my lines! :laugh:
OVERALL RATING: 25% IF we were to get a Zelda newcomer, which is factored in.

Want: 100%- She looks like Kidd Zeal and she's awesome.

No Namco Newcomer (Pac-Man)
Chances: 50%- Pac-Man (let's be honest, this is the most likely) is a partial special case seeing as how Namco is working on SM4SH, but the issue is that they don't get that special treatment. So it's a 50/50.
Want: 100%- &%$# Pac-Man. I really don't want a Namco rep playable because it's one less slot for someone else.

Predictions:

Pikaman- 50.01%
Diskun=Squarezzzz- 1.1%

Nominations:
K Rool X5- I still have those extra nominations from an earlier day, I'm saving them up.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
TETRA

Chance: .1% - Not alone no.

Want: 0% - See above. I'd want a Tetra/Toon Zelda like everyone else.

NO NAMCO NEWCOMER

Chance: 80% - I highly doubt Namco will get a newcomer.

Want: 50% - I am more than fine with just Megaman and Sonic (and possibly Snake). However, a Tales character like Cless or Lloyd would be cool.

Diskun Prediction: 0.05% - Low.

Pac-Man Prediction: 35% - Low too.

Nominations:
Athena Cykes x5

TheMysterious2634

Smash Cadet
Tetra:
Chance- 65% Well...uh...let's just say...she's the most likely Zelda newcomer. *the riots begin* GHIRAHIM! GROOSE! IMPA! MIDNA! VAATI! Tingle...*cricket*
Want- 50% I'd prefer her with Toon Zelda rather than without.

No Namco Newcomer:
Chance- 75% More likely than not. I don't see Pacman getting in, and that is really the only person I think has a chance.
Want- 90% Uh, what BigAxle said.

Diskun: 2.34% RANDOM NUMBERS ARE RANDOM. But low.
Pac-Man: 45.06% Yeah, no.

x5 Gaius

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Tetra:

Chance – 3%: The fact that Toon Link was revealed so early means anything, but it looks like Toon Zelda was just considered in Brawl as possible clone padding. Her not even being referred to by “name” (Toon Sheik) hurts it more, and this is all she ever had going for her.

Want – 1%: Tetra alone is pretty bad, but because of the forbidden 7 it implies we’d get Toon Zelda as well, which is pretty disgusting.

No Namco Newcomer:

Chance – 25%: Pacman is pretty absurdly likely if you ask me.

Want – 80%: His moveset would be horrible and would either be based off the stupid cartoon and/or involve summoning the ghosts as his allies despite being his enemies (Some newer bad games/the TV show made them friends, I find that offensive too).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tetra:

Chance - 5% I don't really see her being solo.

Want - 10% I would prefer it better if it was Toon Zelda/Tetra.

No Namco Newcomer:

Chance - 55% Sure Namco is developing SSB4 but at the same time, Sakurai said they wouldn't get special treatment. It can go either way but I'm leaning towards it not happening

Want - 60% I honestly don't care for Pac-Man but I'd be OK with a Tales character. I would also be OK if there was no Namco character

Groose

Smash Champion

Where. Did. That. Gif. Come. FROOOOOOOOOOOOM?!?

I've been looking for Dual Destinies gifs, but I haven't found any. I'd like some Athena gifs, but I absolutely need some Blackquill ones.

Tetra Chance: 7%
I have no idea why people are giving her into the 40% range. How can we know with such certainty that she'd be a solo character, and not paired with a Toon Zelda transformation? The evidence (Forbidden 7 Data) actually suggests that's how she was supposed to be the first time, so I see a transformation as slightly more likely this time.

My Zelda breakdown is pretty much as follows: some form of Tetra at 15%, Ghirahim at 15%, Tingle at 10%, Impa at 5%, Vaati 3%, Midna 1%. It's a pretty open race, in my eyes.

Tetra Want: 50%
I'm a huge Wind Waker fan, but I'm not so keen on Tetra in Smash. There are better alternatives: Tingle, Ghirahim, and Midna are all characters that I would prefer. Still, Tetra is a cool character and not being burdened with Toon Zelda would be the desirable option in my eyes.

No Namco Character: 33%
Hmm... would Namco help develop the game and not use the opportunity to ask for a character? I doubt it. I'd say there's a strong likelihood that they wanted to use one of their characters as a token of their efforts. Take into account that I believe a leak involving one such character may be credible... and I'll bite.

No Namco Character Want: 0%
I want one of them.

E. Gadd x5

DAY OVER

PREPARE TO FLIP YOUR NO NAMCO SCORES AROUND, AS IT'S TIME FOR A PAC-ATTACK!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Tetra [Solo] (Legend of Zelda)
16.33% chance
51.03% want

Fast Fact: if you add up Tetra and ToonZelda/Tetra's scores, they'd be at 55.02%--good enough to snag 8th place on the chance charats behind Shulk and in front of Pac-Man. Fast Fact: this is higher than the score we gave to a Zelda newcomer yesterday.
Fast Fact: with a rerate soon to the Zelda/Tetra combo, this may be subject to change.

No Namco Character
46.10% chance
53.92% want

So, a Namco character is slightly on the probable side but slightly on the unwanted side? We'll see if today's results will verify this.

Today is going to be a history lesson for the majority of you, as we'lll be rating two of the oldest potential newcomers in existence. First off, our new character is Diskun, the mascot of the Famicom Disk Drive. Does he have the drive to become playable? Please rate Diskun in chance and want. In addition, we have Pac-Man taking center stage once more. Rank 9 Chance is seeking to maintain his position in the Top 10 of Chance and is hoping to improve his rather lackluster cwant score. Such a feat may be difficult judging the results from yesterday... but who knows? Please rate Pac-Man in chance and want.

KAMEHAMEHA!
Goku is coming to Rate Their Chances tomorrow! ...oh, wait a second. It's actually the Goku from the classic NES game, not the one people ask for on Miiverse. Well, please predict how Goku from the NES will do. Additionally, predict how everyone's favorite Star Wolf will fare, as well.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Pac-Man: 37.5%
Goku: 3.24%
Wolf: 83.45%
Roy and Eliwood tag-team x 5.

Yes, I'm starting to run out of ideas at this point.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
diskun: nothing
who is this? I've never even heard of this guy
pacman chance: 50%
pacman want: 50%
I don't know, he feels likely that its, and I don't really care much about him

goku (NES? what?): 0.05%
I have no idea who he is, but I imagine he'll have a similar fate to someone with the same name
wolf (star fox... or wolf, I don't know or care): 80%
geez, konnie is going to go crazy tomorrow -_-

nominations: minda

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Diskun: 8%

Pac-Man: 60%
Want: 100%

Goku: 3.1%
Wolf: 93.46%

x5 Cookie Country
EDIT: It seems that I got extra nominations
x10 Cookie Country

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
40% Want

Packers:
50% Chance / 50% Want

5x Athena Cykes

It's almost time!

@ Groose Groose I got them from here: http://daboss.minus.com/mbwxXY1iVFTCuo
They don't have a lot (only like half of the Athena and Phoenix ones, and no Apollo and Blackquill ones), but it works. :p
It has the toupe flip.

My hair is too good for this game. Thats why no one nominated me..

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm only doing Pac-Man this time. I feel too indifferent towards the other character.

Pac-Man

Chances: 65%: As it was said before, Namco's not getting any special treatment. Since that's the case I would have put it at 50%. But I began to think a few things over. For one, Pac-Man was huge back in the day, and the fact he can be recognized by so many should prove that he's "legendary" enough to warrant an inclusion. The other being, he fits in rather well. Ok, maybe no where near as well as Megaman does, but he still looks like he'd hang with Mario or Donkey Kong at the bar and ****. Third, while the "special treatment" rule is floating around, there's no way that working out a deal with Namco would be hard, as the two companies are already involved with each other in this project.

Want: 70%: This might be a bit high, but I do like Pac-Man. Sure, he's no Megaman or Ridley, but he's a character associated with some good games. That's enough for me to like him. As for moveset potential, I think he could offer something interesting. Along with his classic game, he can use various power-ups from Pac-Man 2 and the three Pac-Man World games. I know some people have their doubts, and that's fine, but I feel a little optimistic about how good of a character Pac-Man can be in Smash. And let's be honest, the Pac-Man maze would make for a really sick stage to fight on.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Diskun
Chance: 0% - An extremely obscure avatar that no one on this forum would have known existed if not for an extremely hard to get Melee trophy. I highly doubt the sales of the Famicom Disk Drive would have been affected if he never existed. He was at the end of the day just a cut-and-paste mascot like the paperclip "office assistant" for Microsoft Office Word.
Want: 11% - I'm not a fan.

Pac-Man
Chance: 43% - I may not be convinced that the leak is real, but Pac-Man is one of the most iconic Video Game characters in history. I'd be surprised if Sakurai doesn't at least consider him.
Want: 64% - He belongs in Smash

Goku prediction: 0.5%

Wolf prediction: 89%

Nominations: Improved Stage Builder x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom