• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Harry Chance: 7.5% Being in one of the most forgotten games in the most forgotten, Harry has lots of competition against a Hanafuda character and Diskun. I think he has somewhat of a chance in making it , but he has to go through lots of gaps in order to be playable, such as being from the Virtual Boy. And yes, he could definitely be different Little Mac, being a fighting humanoid robot is unique and could give Sakurai some thought. And he's not going against Little Mac, because already beats his chances by miles, he's going to be chosen as a historical retro. Overall, I think his chances are not too great, but representing the downs of Nintendo is a great way to range the Smash roster.

Harry Want: 100% I would love to have him, and would love to see the initial reaction when he's confirmed. He's indeed a very interesting character in my eyes and decent potential to have a revival.

Gyromite Stage Chance: 5% Personally I think the chances are low, mainly because the stage doesn't bring much to the table.
Gyromite Stage Want: 15% Would rather have R.O.B. on his own.

Nominations:
x5 Alph, Brittany Charlie Trio.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Harry: 0.12%
Want: 0%
Gyro stage: 7.5%
Want: 10%
Ammy!: 0.25% I cannot wait for the music section tomorrow.

Lyn x 5

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Harry

Chance and Want: Abstain because I know nothing of him.

Gyromite Stage

Chance: 20%- Somewhat unlikely.

Want: 50%- Could be cool.

Ammy Prediction

0.58%

Nominations

Plasm Wraith x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Harry:

Chance: 3%
I don't think he fits the criteria for a historical representative (making him a retro candidate), he's literally the definition of obscure (even for a retro), and he has Little Mac himself to deal with. I'm all for obscure historical characters, but I think there are far more ideal characters to fit that spot. Honestly, I would be surprised to see anything but Daitoryo, Diskun, or...one of the other candidates that I've recently unearthed. Expect a thread for that when I track down the exact origin of him. Should be interesting.

Want: 5%
It would be interesting, but I have literally no attachment to the character.

Gyromite Stage:

Chance: 50%
50-50 on this. I consider R.O.B. to be completely safe from cutting, and his return may or may not bring us a stage.

Want: 100%
Please. If it was up to me, every character would have their own stage. But I know I can't have that, so I'll settle for each franchise having one.

Prediction for Amaterasu: .33%
I'm curious how this will pan out. I do know that the want score will be high, though.

Noms: Promoted Assist Trophy x1, Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon (no trainer) x1, No Namco character x3

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Harry
Chance: 0% - Teleroboxer was an awful game from a disastrous console that Nintendo would much rather forget. Also there's Little Mac.
Want: 43% - I actually think he's pretty cool.

Gyromite
Chance: 36% - In SSB64, F-Zero and Earthbound were the only franchises represented by a playable character that did not get a stage. In Melee they got a stage. Fire Emblem was the only franchise in Melee that was represented with a playable character to not get a stage. In Brawl it got a stage. See a possible pattern? If Rob gets a stage, it will most likely be Gyromite.
Want: 90% - Rob was one of my favourite characters in Brawl and I want a stage to match.

Amaterasu prediction: 1%

Nominations: Improved stage builder x5

D

Deleted member

Okami Music Section!
I freaking LOVE Okami! The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. So, here are a large collection of songs from Okami, Okamiden, and even Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for the music section.
@ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker , I hope that this isn't a hassle for you. Put these songs in when you get the chance!
The Sun Rises
Preparing for Action
Amaterasu's Theme (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Reset (by Ayaka Hirahara)
Reset ~ ("Thank You" Version)
Title Music (Okami)
Prologue
Issun's Theme
Cave of Nagi
Exorcizing Evil
Kamiki Village
Susano's Training
Susano's Battle
Cursed Hana Valley
Hana Valley
Cursed Shinshu Field
Shinshu Field
Ida Race
Lake Harami
Mr. Orange's Flower Dance
Konohana Shuffle
Sakuya's Theme
Agata Forest
Fighting Waka
Save
Battle of the Spider Queen
Canine Warriors Theme
Sparrow Inn
Crimson Helm, Begone!
Rage of a God
The Hundredth Year
Sacrificial Arrow
Kushi's Ride
Moon Cave
Battle of Orochi
Kamiki Festival
Ryoshima Coast
Sei-an City (Commoners' Quarter)
Sei-an City (Aristocratic Quarter)
Merchandise for Sale
Orca's Theme
Mysterious Spring
Dragon Palace
Inside the Water Dragon
Ninetales Extermination
Kamui of the Northern Lands
Wep'keer
Kamiki's Sorrowful Tradition
Ezofuji, Wawku Shrine
Battle of the Twin Demons
Promises Kept
Resolve
Theme of the Celestials
Waka's Fate
Theme of the Moon Tribe
Yami
Okami Shiranui
Title Theme (Okamiden)
Spirit Suppression
Yakushi Village
Save (Okamiden)
Kamiki Village (Okamiden)
Cave of Nagi (Okamiden)
Suppression of Yami's Descendants
Shinshu Field (Okamiden)
Flooded Agata Forest
Agata Forest (Okamiden)
Demon Market
Great Spirit Suppression
Southern Ryoshima Coast
Northern Ryoshima Coast
Sei-an City (Commoners' Quarter) (Okamiden)
Sei-an City (Aristocratic Quarter) (Okamiden)
Memories
Underground Ruins
Underground Ruins Depths
Thunder Cloud
King Fury Suppression
The Goryeo
Moon Cave (Okamiden)
Orochi Extermination
Kamiki Village… 100 Years Ago
Kurow Loses Faith
Akuro Suppression
Eclipse
Credits

DONE!
Sorry if I left a favorite of yours out! Really though, listen to all of these songs. They are extremely good!
In case you couldn't tell, I love Okami and I can't wait to rate Amaterasu tomorrow! I hope that Okami gets a game on the Wii U.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Harry Likelihood: 1%
Want: 15%

Gyromite stage Likelihood: 10%
Want: 50%

Amaterasu: 0.45%

Rhythm Heaven stage x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Harry

Chance - 0.05% - Not completely ineligible, but considering that Nintendo has been trying to mostly ignore the Virtual Boy and he's pretty much going to go after Little Mac if he wants a boxer... why?

Want - 0% - Would prefer Little Mac as a boxer.

Gyromite Stage

Chance - 50% - Might be possible, might not be. ROB could use a home stage, but I'm not certain if it's necessary. It's a case where the character is clearly more iconic than anything else, and I'm not certain what a stage could offer.

Want - 65% - The OCD guy within me wants every character to have every series to have a stage to call home, yet I'm not particularly interested in this stage.

Amaterasu Prediction - 0.12% - Obscure-ish third party from the same company already represented. She's doomed.

Nominations
Nutty Noon stage X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Harry from Teleroboxer:
Likelihood: 0.5%
Nintendo tends to sweep anything VB-related under the rug, so he's at a disadvantage compared to other retros.

Nope.

Gyromite stsge:
Likelihood: 40%
It can happen. ROB didn't really have a home stage in Brawl, so the devs might want to give him one this time.

Want: 45%

Not particularly interested.

Amaterasu: 2.3%
Don't know. Just putting a number.

Promoted AT x 5

Sorry for the late update. It's a holiday and I overslept.
By the way, I'm thinking of adding"Top 10 (or 25) characters in chance and want" picture in the OP, made in the Roster Maker. It should be up in a few hours

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Harry
Chance: 1%
Virtual Boy. A less popular boxer than Little Mac. Potential clone material gives him a 1% chance, but being a Virtual Boy character makes him both obscure and mostly hated by Nintendo.

Want: 30%
Harry has an interesting design I suppose, and visually looks more interesting than Little Mac, but Little Mac is the Nintendo Boxer I, and many others grew up with and thus is the first choice for a boxing fighter.

Gyromite Stage
Chance: 50%
R.O.B. is most likely returning, and thus deserves a stage like the rest of the Smash fighters. He was robbed(boooooo!) in the last game of a home stage, so they may want to give him a shot this time. Equally though I can see it NOT happening, since R.O.B. unlike everyone else has no source game to inspire a stage.

Completely indifferent.

Amaterasu: 0.3%
Capcom, even if it had multiple slots, has so many famous characters to choose from that I'm not convinced this wolf would be the next logical choice. Although others may disagree with me.

Nominations:
5 X Playable bosses

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Harry:
Chances: 0%. It took me forever to even find a picture of this guy. I doubt Sakurai would chose anyone this obscure.
Want: 0%. A character from a first-person Virtual Boy game? Is his Final Smash making everyone vomit on they pass out? No thank you.

Gyromite Stage:
Chances: 15%. R.O.B. is most definitely returning, and he'll need a home stage. I'm not sure if he'll get one, though...
Want: 30%. I'm completely indifferent, I'm take any stage for R.O.B. as long as it's not GOD AWFUL Mario Bros. stage.

Amaterasu: 10%. Extremely unlikely, considering if Capcom gets another character, it would definitely be from Street Fighter or Resident Evil. That said, I'm rooting for you anyway, Ammy!

Nominations: Basilio x5.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Virtual Boy Rep:

Chance: 0%
There's a point of obscurity that becomes absurdity.

I would like to see a Virtual Boy Stage on 3DS, but anything more is more than the failed piece of headache fuel deserves in my opinion.

Gyromite Stage:

Chance: 35%
I could very much see it, but R.O.B. fits okay on the hardware based stage. Gyromite would fit better, and could be a pretty cool stage though.

It wouldn't excite me, but I could see it being cool.

Amaterasu: 0.7%
PS origins, and 3rd party. Even if we look at secondary third party slots She's (gods deserve capitals) got competition from Resident Evil, Street Fighter (stages due to character ineligability), Ghosts n' Goblins (most likely for stages/AT imo due to NES origins), Monster Hunter, and maybe even Darkstalkers before Ammy gets a shot.

Hero of Light*5

Louie G.

Smash Hero
HARRY:

Chance: 0.5%
I was going to rate him higher until I remembered two things.
1. Little Mac
2. Nintendo wants to completely forget the Virtual Boy
So I don't see him as likely.

Want: 75%
He looks cool, a boxing robot, but eh. It's another boxing character, and if he gets in over Mac we're going to have some major problems.

GYROMITE STAGE:

Chance: 45%
At first I was like, "no", but then I realized that ROB was the only character in Brawl NOT to have a true home stage. Isn't that sad? :crying:

Want: 80%
Could be interesting I suppose, but I don't really "want" it perse. Not in my Top 50 stages at least.

Amaterasu Prediction: 0.75%
I'm not seeing it. She could be really darn cool though.

Noms: Super Mario 3D World Stage x5

@ Headcrab Jackalope Headcrab Jackalope
I've been quiet for a while, but what is up with you and Plasm Wraith?

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Harry: 0% Fighting Game.
Want: 50% Meh...

Gyromite Stage: 70% He is the only character to date not to get a home stage. Even G&W and the Ice Climbers had a stage in Melee and Brawl. I have a feeling that he won't be stuck on a Mario stage two times in a row.
Want: 100% I think that everyone should have a home stage. It's only fair.

Amaterasu: 0.99% More research.

x5 Leon

I will get to the music section and finish the (small) 150 day present on Tuesday.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Harry
Chance: 0.1%
Fighting game from a console Nintendo would like to forget about.

Want: 10%

Gyromite Stage
Chance: 40%
Either that or stack up.

Indifferent.

Amaterasu: 0.51%

Nominations:
Zelda Newcomer x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Harry: 0%
Was the Virtual boy ever even released in Japan?

I'd fear for the state of my eyes if he got in.

Gyromitestage: 15%

Want: 55%

Amaterasu prediction: 1.23%

Nominate:
Shantae x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Harry: 0.2%
Want: 0% Never played, nor do I care to. Plus Little Mac is a better choice for the boxing niche.

Gyromite Stage: 50%
Want: 55% I just want him to have a home stage.

5x Kiddy Kong

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Awesome! The third time I've won nominations and the first time I got it on the spot! I still haven't used my extra nominations from the last time so now I have 15 extra noms! :awesome:

Anyway

HARRY (TELEROBOXER)

Chance: .1% - It may just be me, but I think the Virtual Boy was the weakest of Nintendo's...um...console ideas.

Want: 0% - Eh, nah.

GYROMITE STAGE

Chance: 20% - It could happen.

Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Amaterasu Prediction: .47% - Not seen as very likely.

Nominations:
Chef Kawasaki x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OKAY, It took me a few hours but it's ready.

THE TOP 10 OF CHANCE

THE TOP 10 OF WANT

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Harry (Teleroboxer)

Who? What? No.

Nintendo would prefer you not think about the Virtual Boy.

Harry chances: 0%

Harry want: 0%

Gyromite stage

This really should've been "Gyromite OR Stack Up stage" but oh well.

There's a good chance they'll give R.O.B. a better home stage than Mario Bros. This, however, could be any retro NES-based or a hardware-based stage. It doesn't have to be Gyromite. But Gyromite is a natural choice, and Sakurai has made zany things like Hanenbow stages before, so Gyromite is not a stretch.

Gyromite stage chances: 35%

Gyromite stage want: 50%
I'm indifferent.

Amaterasu prediction: 1.5%

Nominations:
Zelda newcomer x5

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Harry -
Chance: 5%
Want: 15%
He's very unlikely for a playable character slot, but it would be nice to see the Virtual Boy get some love. At the very least he'd make a cool AT to replace Little Mac (If Little Mac becomes playable).

A Gyromite Stage -
Chance: 80%
Want: 60%
He's the only character who didn't get a stage in Brawl and seeing how all the stageless characters in 64 got stages in Melee and all the stageless characters in Melee got stages in Brawl...
I think it's a given we'll see a Gyromoite, Stack-Up, or NES/Famicom themed stage for ROB in Smash WiiU/3DS.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
no ace attorney rant today mates, nothing I can build upon here
Harry (chance and want) - ABSTAIN!
honestly, I know nothing of the virtual boy, other than it failed, its a completely empty spot of my knowledge of Nintendo, so i'm going to have to pass on this one
Gryomite stage - 17.75%
personally I can see this happening its just not too likely seeing how R.O.B seems to be a lonesome character
want - 55%
not particularly interested, but could raise a few hairs for me
Amaterasu - 0.13%
i'm seeing a very low chance, but with an admirable want (25-35)
nomiantions:
X5

Day is Over
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself. . . That is coffee

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Harry
Chance: 1.65%
Want: 22.52%

harry home on the once forgotten virtual boy, which has crashed and failed was his demise, but for a once forgotten character, his chance could of been much worse and he scored a slightly below average want too, my opinion? he did well considering his standards
Gyromite Stage
Chance: 33.01%
Want: 46.48%

R.O.B back in brawl was the only character who didn't have a stage tied to him, now despite that stages are hard to predict, it could happen fairly well, and it appears that some people are interested in this too
(scores credit goes too brawler610)
for our rating today, we are diving back into the realms of Capcom, to wonderful plains and music of okami, please rate Amaterasu in chance and want!, can she do better than all the other Capcom reps we've rated in the past, or will she be sealed away once more
for our concept today we are going to the sides of the side characters in smash, the assist trophies to be exact, please rate in chance and want how much an assist trophy will be promoted!, can old characters like little mac, tingle, Saki, Ray, Isaac and the like, have a chance to get out of their assist trophy status and become playable?
for our prediction, a certain annoying bird better watch out, because he's coming to torture him for awhile, please predict how The Great Leon will rage!
our winner for the extra nominations is @ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker , enjoy the extra 5 mate

by the way just a notice,
seeing how I will be updating this till groose's return, I will be able to update tomorrow on Sunday,
so make sure to make note of it, there will be an update tomorrow on Sunday
that is all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are the current nominations:

Unrated Newcomers
X95 The Great Leon (Star Fox)
X85 Reyn (Xenoblade)
X85 Plasm Wraith (Pikmin)
x83 Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
X78 Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
x77 Bulborb (Pikmin)
X65 Panther Caruso (Star Fox)
x65 King Boo (Super Mario Bros.)
x65 Diskun (Famicom Disk Drive)
X65 Stork (Yoshi’s Island)
x63 Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
x62 Eirkia (Fire Emblem)
x61 Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment)
x59 Adam “Authorization” Malkovich (Metroid)
x58 Shantae (Shantae)
x55 Kunio-Kun/Alex (River City Ransom)
x55 Chef Kawasaki (Kirby)
x50 Grovyle (Pokemon)
X49 Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
x45 Mallo (Pushmo)
X45 Hero of Light (Final Fantasy)
x40 Daroach (Kirby)
X37 Dry Bowser (Super Mario)
x37 Sheriff (Arcade)
x35 Gaius (Fire Emblem)
X33 Tetra [no transformations] (The Legend of Zelda)
X30 Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney)
x30 Marina (Mischief Makers)
x30 Alph (Pikmin)
x26 Batallion Wars Rifle Grunts (Batallion Wars)
x25 Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
X25 Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
x24 Mallow (Super Maro)
x24 N (Pokémon)
X22 Alph, Brittany, and Charlie (Pikmin)
x21 Godot (Ace Attorney)
x20 Petey Piranha (Super Mario Bros)
x20 Billy Hatcher (The Giant Egg)
X20 Toadsworth (Super Mario)
x16 Kumatora (Mother/Earthbound)
X15 Tony (Earthbound)
x15 “X” Protagonist (X)
x15 Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
x12 Star Man (Pro Wrestling)
x12 Tiki (Fire Emblem)
x11 Wreck-It Ralph! (Wreck-It Ralph!)
x10 Doctor Lobe (Big Brain Academy)
x10 Liquid Snake (Metal Gear)
x10 Jack (Harvest Moon)
x10 Toon Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda)
X10 Happy Mask Salesman (Legend of Zelda)
x10 Dunban (Xenoblade)
X8 Will (Advance Wars)
x7 Imajin (Yumi Komo: Doki Doki Panic)
x7 Rundas (Metroid)
x6 Akari Hayami (Wave Race)
x6 Heracross (Pokemon
x5 Professor E. Gadd (Super Mario)
x5 Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
X5 Alfonzo (Leave it to Me!)
X5 Gooey and Rick (Kirby)
x5 Wonder Pink (Wonderful 101)
x5 Goomba (Super Mario)
x5 Koopa Troopa (Super Mario)
x5 Grandma (Legend of Zelda)
X5 Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus)
x5 Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
x5 Silver the Hedgehog (Sonic)
X5 Neku (The World Ends With You)
x5 Big Boss (Metal Gear)
x5 Nowi (Fire Emblem)
x5 Ruka Minazuki (Fatal Frame)
x5 Demon King Demise (Legend of Zelda)
X5 Protoman (Mega Man)
x5 Spyro (Spyro)
X5 Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
x5 Hector (Fire Emblem)
X5 Prince Fluff (Kirby)
X5 Magalor (Kirby)
X5 Deku Link (Legend of Zelda)
x5 Cless (Tales of Phantasia)
x5 Giovanni (Pokemon)
X5 Frogger (Frogger)
x5 Zoda (Star Tropics)
x5 Knuckle Joe (Kirby)
x5 Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
x5 Basilio (Fire Emblem)
x4 Beedrill (Pokemon)
x4 The Old Man (Legend of Zelda)
x3 Louie (Pikmin)
x3 Zip (FlingSmash)
x3 Viridi (Kid Icarus)
x3 Hammer Bros. (Super Mario)
X2 Galacta Knight (Kirby)
x2 Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
x2 Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
x2 Soma Cruz (Some Game)
x2 King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)
x2 9-Volt (WarioWare)
x2 Toon Zelda [no transformations] (The Legend of Zelda)
x2 Jill (Drill Dozer)
x2 Elite Beat Agents (Elite Beat Agents)
x1 Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
x1 Tabuu (Super Smash Bros.)
x1 Little Joe (Punch-Out!!)
x1 K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
x1 Terra Bradford (Final Fantasy)
x1 Miku Hinasaki (Fatal Frame/Zero)
x1 Jin Kazame (Tekken)
x1 Ultimate Chimera (Mother)
x1 Prince Peasely (Mario and Luigi)
x1 Darkrai (Pokemon)
x1 Gengar (Pokemon)
X1 Monita (Nintendoland)

Concepts, Stages and Revotes
X81 Promoted Assist Trophy
X71 Pokemon Trainer’s Pokemon (no Trainer)
x65 Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
x63 No Namco Character
x59 Lyn (Fire Emblem)
x57 Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
X55 Super Mario 3D World Stage
X50 Playable Bosses
X46 Rhythm Heaven Stage
x45 Zelda Newcomer
x40 Takamaru (Ninja Castle)
x40 Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
X35 Wolf (Star Fox)
X31 Gangplank Galleon
x30 Little Mac (Punch-Out)
x30 Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
x26 F-Zero Newcomer
x25 Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
X25 Bowser Land
X24 Non-Character Hanafuda Representation
X23 Ridley (Metrioid)
x20 Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer
x20 Meowth (Pokemon)
X20 Porky (Mother)
x20 Two “Retro” Newcomers [Little Mac is not Retro]
x17 Three Fire Emblem Characters
X15 Impa (Legend of Zelda)
x15 Fire Emblem Newcomer (Not Chrom)
X15 Fawful (Super Mario)
X15 Bowser Jr. (Super Mario)
X15 Nutty Noon Stage
X13 Dark Samus (Metroid)
X13 Toon Zelda/Tetra (Legend of Zelda)
x12 Lip (Panel de Pon)
x12 Dillon (Rolling Western)
x10 SS Zelda
X10 Luigi Series Newcomer
x10 Halberd Stage
x10 Vaati (Legend of Zelda)
X10 Hanafuda Character
x10 Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
X9 Bowser’s Castle Stage
X7 Indie Newcomer
x7 Masked Marth Costume
x7 Mii (Wii Series)
x6 Clone Newcomers
X5 King Harkinian (Wand of Gamelon) (I refuse to call it a Zelda title)
x5 Porky Forms Day
X5 Chrom [Stance-Based Moveset]
x5 Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
X5 Pichu (Pokemon)
x5 JRPG Newcomer
X5 Tails (Sonic)
X5 Lor Starcutter
x5 Ashley (WarioWare)
x5 Mike Jones (StarTropics)
X5 Wario Series Newcomer
X5 Wario Land Wario
x5 Six Pokemon Characters
x5 Four or More Third Parties
x5 Mario sub-series Character
x5 Fatal Frame Representation (AT, Stage, etc.)
x5 Improved Stage Builder
x4 Ten or More Newcomers
x3 Standalone Pokemon Trainer
X2 Medusa (Kid Icarus)
x2 Adventure Mode
x1 Unique Starfox Final Smashes
X1 Entire Melee Cast
X1 Wii Fit Board (Item)
X1 Yoshi Series Newcomer
X1 Wario Series Newcomer
x1 Another Unrevealed Third-Party
x1 Pokemon Series Newcomer [Mewtwo not included]
X1 Tourian
X1 Pokemon Stadium 3
X1 Duck Hunt Stage
X1 Luigi’s Mansion 2
X1 Glitz Pitz
X1 Elemental Lighthouse
X1 Smashfloats
X1 Pokefloats
X1 N’s Castle
X1 Lylat Cruise
X1 Nintendo Land
X1 Zoroark (Pokemon)
X1 Boxing Ring is from Punch-Out
X1 Microtransactions

Amaterasu and Promoted Assist Trophy have been added to the Directory.

Okami Amaterasu
Chance: 0%

There are a lot of things going against Amaterasu. First off, She comes from a rather obscure game that people haven't played. This ties into with the fact that if a third party character wants to get in, they have to be a legendary character who is in a league of their own. Amaterasu isn't legendary and isn't near the likes of Sonic and Mega Man.
It also doesn't help that Capcom is already represented with Mega Man already; I doubt that there will be a second rep from them in Smash. If there was a 2nd rep, it would be Phoenix Wright or Ryu. It's just hard to see the Goddess of the Sun get added in this game.
If you couldn't tell from my Okami post with a ton of music, I am a huge fan of Okami. I have a story that I wanna share in regards to Okami.
I forgot how long ago, but I saw Chuggaaconroy's LP of Okami and I was immediately interested in it. However, I didn't really think about getting the game for a very long time. In 2011, a friend of mine recommended that I should get Okami since it's like a Zelda game and he convinced me to get Okami; I got it for Christmas and it was a game that I instantly fell in love with.
I'll admit, the combat with the Wii Remote could have been improved; Glaives are hard to use with the Wii's motion control. As I got deeper into the game, I began to love everything about this game. I loved the story, graphics, art direction, music, dialogue, and extremely rememberable characters. I kept on thinking about how awesome it would be if Amaterasu and Link fought with each other or helped each other.
I then got the sequel, Okamiden for the DS, and I enjoyed that game too. I liked the original more, but Okamiden was still a fantastic game.
Both the original and the sequel are extremely immersive with their environments with the brush powers. I loved how each brush power helped you out in every dungeon; something that Zelda doesn't seem to do with its items.
So, how does this tie into Smash? Well, I read SSB4's Wikipedia page and saw that Sakurai was thinking about putting in a Capcom character. Since Capcom was treating Mega Man like dirt, I thought that he wouldn't let Sakurai put Mega Man in Smash and I began to have hope for Amaterasu. Then Mega Man got confirmed and while I lost hope for Amaterasu, I began to accept it as Mega Man looks like a fantastic and fun character.
Do I think that Amaterasu will get in Smash? Hell no. Would I love it if She did? YES! There is so much moveset potential with Amaterasu with Her brush powers and weapons that She could use. She would definitely be a character that I would main in a heartbeat.

Promoted Assist Trophy
Chance:
80%

I am saying this because there are some candidates that could easily make the transition from Assist Trophy to playable. Characters like Little Mac, Samurai Goroh, Isaac, and Saki seem to be good choices. However, seeing Starfy be an Assist Trophy again leaves some doubt. The character with the biggest chance is definitely Little Mac; after that would be Isaac.
EDIT: I gave 15% less than my Little Mac rating to account for the other characters.
Sure! Little Mac is by far one of my most wanted newcomers (Number 1, behind God Tier Bomberman) and I would love to see him be playable. Other characters are a bonus to me.

Leon Prediction: 5.90%
Seeing as how Slippy failed, I dunno if Leon will do slightly better…

Nominations: NOW IT'S REYN TIME! 5X

Groose

Smash Champion
lonekonwolf said:
by the way just a notice,
seeing how I will be updating this till groose's return, I will be able to update tomorrow on Sunday,
so make sure to make note of it, there will be an update tomorrow on Sunday
that is all

Here are the current nominations:

Unrated Newcomers
X95 The Great Leon (Star Fox)
X85 Reyn (Xenoblade)
X85 Plasm Wraith (Pikmin)
x83 Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
X78 Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
x77 Bulborb (Pikmin)
X65 Panther Caruso (Star Fox)
x65 King Boo (Super Mario Bros.)
x65 Diskun (Famicom Disk Drive)
X65 Stork (Yoshi’s Island)
x63 Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
x62 Eirkia (Fire Emblem)
x61 Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment)
x59 Adam “Authorization” Malkovich (Metroid)
x58 Shantae (Shantae)
x55 Kunio-Kun/Alex (River City Ransom)
x55 Chef Kawasaki (Kirby)
x50 Grovyle (Pokemon)
X49 Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
x45 Mallo (Pushmo)
X45 Hero of Light (Final Fantasy)
x40 Daroach (Kirby)
X37 Dry Bowser (Super Mario)
x37 Sheriff (Arcade)
x35 Gaius (Fire Emblem)
X33 Tetra [no transformations] (The Legend of Zelda)
X30 Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney)
x30 Marina (Mischief Makers)
x30 Alph (Pikmin)
x26 Batallion Wars Rifle Grunts (Batallion Wars)
x25 Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
X25 Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
x24 Mallow (Super Maro)
x24 N (Pokémon)
X22 Alph, Brittany, and Charlie (Pikmin)
x21 Godot (Ace Attorney)
x20 Petey Piranha (Super Mario Bros)
x20 Billy Hatcher (The Giant Egg)
X20 Toadsworth (Super Mario)
x16 Kumatora (Mother/Earthbound)
X15 Tony (Earthbound)
x15 “X” Protagonist (X)
x15 Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
x12 Star Man (Pro Wrestling)
x12 Tiki (Fire Emblem)
x11 Wreck-It Ralph! (Wreck-It Ralph!)
x10 Doctor Lobe (Big Brain Academy)
x10 Liquid Snake (Metal Gear)
x10 Jack (Harvest Moon)
x10 Toon Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda)
X10 Happy Mask Salesman (Legend of Zelda)
x10 Dunban (Xenoblade)
X8 Will (Advance Wars)
x7 Imajin (Yumi Komo: Doki Doki Panic)
x7 Rundas (Metroid)
x6 Akari Hayami (Wave Race)
x6 Heracross (Pokemon
x5 Professor E. Gadd (Super Mario)
x5 Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
X5 Alfonzo (Leave it to Me!)
X5 Gooey and Rick (Kirby)
x5 Wonder Pink (Wonderful 101)
x5 Goomba (Super Mario)
x5 Koopa Troopa (Super Mario)
x5 Grandma (Legend of Zelda)
X5 Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus)
x5 Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
x5 Silver the Hedgehog (Sonic)
X5 Neku (The World Ends With You)
x5 Big Boss (Metal Gear)
x5 Nowi (Fire Emblem)
x5 Ruka Minazuki (Fatal Frame)
x5 Demon King Demise (Legend of Zelda)
X5 Protoman (Mega Man)
x5 Spyro (Spyro)
X5 Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
x5 Hector (Fire Emblem)
X5 Prince Fluff (Kirby)
X5 Magalor (Kirby)
X5 Deku Link (Legend of Zelda)
x5 Cless (Tales of Phantasia)
x5 Giovanni (Pokemon)
X5 Frogger (Frogger)
x5 Zoda (Star Tropics)
x5 Knuckle Joe (Kirby)
x5 Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
x5 Basilio (Fire Emblem)
x4 Beedrill (Pokemon)
x4 The Old Man (Legend of Zelda)
x3 Louie (Pikmin)
x3 Zip (FlingSmash)
x3 Viridi (Kid Icarus)
x3 Hammer Bros. (Super Mario)
X2 Galacta Knight (Kirby)
x2 Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
x2 Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
x2 Soma Cruz (Some Game)
x2 King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)
x2 9-Volt (WarioWare)
x2 Toon Zelda [no transformations] (The Legend of Zelda)
x2 Jill (Drill Dozer)
x2 Elite Beat Agents (Elite Beat Agents)
x1 Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
x1 Tabuu (Super Smash Bros.)
x1 Little Joe (Punch-Out!!)
x1 K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
x1 Terra Bradford (Final Fantasy)
x1 Miku Hinasaki (Fatal Frame/Zero)
x1 Jin Kazame (Tekken)
x1 Ultimate Chimera (Mother)
x1 Prince Peasely (Mario and Luigi)
x1 Darkrai (Pokemon)
x1 Gengar (Pokemon)
X1 Monita (Nintendoland)

Concepts, Stages and Revotes
X81 Promoted Assist Trophy
X71 Pokemon Trainer’s Pokemon (no Trainer)
x65 Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
x63 No Namco Character
x59 Lyn (Fire Emblem)
x57 Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
X55 Super Mario 3D World Stage
X50 Playable Bosses
X46 Rhythm Heaven Stage
x45 Zelda Newcomer
x40 Takamaru (Ninja Castle)
x40 Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
X35 Wolf (Star Fox)
X31 Gangplank Galleon
x30 Little Mac (Punch-Out)
x30 Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
x26 F-Zero Newcomer
x25 Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
X25 Bowser Land
X24 Non-Character Hanafuda Representation
X23 Ridley (Metrioid)
x20 Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer
x20 Meowth (Pokemon)
X20 Porky (Mother)
x20 Two “Retro” Newcomers [Little Mac is not Retro]
x17 Three Fire Emblem Characters
X15 Impa (Legend of Zelda)
x15 Fire Emblem Newcomer (Not Chrom)
X15 Fawful (Super Mario)
X15 Bowser Jr. (Super Mario)
X15 Nutty Noon Stage
X13 Dark Samus (Metroid)
X13 Toon Zelda/Tetra (Legend of Zelda)
x12 Lip (Panel de Pon)
x12 Dillon (Rolling Western)
x10 SS Zelda
X10 Luigi Series Newcomer
x10 Halberd Stage
x10 Vaati (Legend of Zelda)
X10 Hanafuda Character
x10 Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
X9 Bowser’s Castle Stage
X7 Indie Newcomer
x7 Masked Marth Costume
x7 Mii (Wii Series)
x6 Clone Newcomers
X5 King Harkinian (Wand of Gamelon) (I refuse to call it a Zelda title)
x5 Porky Forms Day
X5 Chrom [Stance-Based Moveset]
x5 Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
X5 Pichu (Pokemon)
x5 JRPG Newcomer
X5 Tails (Sonic)
X5 Lor Starcutter
x5 Ashley (WarioWare)
x5 Mike Jones (StarTropics)
X5 Wario Series Newcomer
X5 Wario Land Wario
x5 Six Pokemon Characters
x5 Four or More Third Parties
x5 Mario sub-series Character
x5 Fatal Frame Representation (AT, Stage, etc.)
x5 Improved Stage Builder
x4 Ten or More Newcomers
x3 Standalone Pokemon Trainer
X2 Medusa (Kid Icarus)
x2 Adventure Mode
x1 Unique Starfox Final Smashes
X1 Entire Melee Cast
X1 Wii Fit Board (Item)
X1 Yoshi Series Newcomer
X1 Wario Series Newcomer
x1 Another Unrevealed Third-Party
x1 Pokemon Series Newcomer [Mewtwo not included]
X1 Tourian
X1 Pokemon Stadium 3
X1 Duck Hunt Stage
X1 Luigi’s Mansion 2
X1 Glitz Pitz
X1 Elemental Lighthouse
X1 Smashfloats
X1 Pokefloats
X1 N’s Castle
X1 Lylat Cruise
X1 Nintendo Land
X1 Zoroark (Pokemon)
X1 Boxing Ring is from Punch-Out
X1 Microtransactions

Scores and Directory stuff will be added later.

Although there will indeed be an update tomorrow... You won't be in charge of it. I'll handle that.

My power's back and I intend to read through what I've missed tomorrow. From my initial glance, it seems you guys have kept things running smooth... With Ace Attorney gifs to boot.

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow. Until then... Smell ya later!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Glad to see you back, Groose!

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Amaterasu

Chance - 0% - A second third party from the same company. The only thing that it can closely claim to importance to Nintendo would be having it's sequel exclusively on the DS, plus a Wii port of the original. Maybe if she had some friends on the inside, but she doesn't stand a chance.

Want - 0% - Again, I'd rather not go down the slippery slope that is adding a third party from the same company. Okami was cool and all, but that's just how it is.

Promoted Assist Trophies

Chance - 99.5% - Nothing's for certain here, but there are so many options. Little Mac, Isaac, and Saki are examples just off the top of my head. While there is some doubt weather individually they can get in, together they have impossibly high odds.

Want - 100% - Hey, it gives hope to Assist Trophies in the future, and several characters I want are Assist Trophies. Yes, please.

Leon Prediction - 4.75% - Worse than Slippy, but still no horrible character.

Nominations
Nutty Noon Stage X5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Wow, my ambivalence towards Harry was so complete that I flat out missed his round. Oops!

Amaterasu - 0%
Much as I may like Ammy or Okami in general, she's no where big enough a character to pull a Snake and be included in Smash despite being best known as a Playstation character. Even worse, Capcom already has a character in SSB4, and we have no reason to believe Sakurai will be taking more than one character from any given non-Nintendo publisher. That's awfully deserving of a 0% chance in my book.
Want - 50% - I certainly like the character, but I'd take some issue with her inclusion over more deserving third party characters, never mind first/second party ones.

Promoted Assist Trophy - 100%
Am I really going to give a concept a perfect score? This one time, I think it's justified. Considering Little Mac is virtually a shoo-in at this point between the boxing ring stage shown in the very first trailer and his rampant popularity among Smash fans, that's enough to put this very, very highly. Then there's Isaac who has a strong claim as I've asserted in the past, plus Saki, Ray, Jill all being unlikely but viable options for unrepped franchises, and Goroh, Tingle, Lyn, and Waluigi being plausible additions from repped franchises, I'm forced to believe someone will end up being promoted from a Brawl Assist Trophy to playable, barring unpredictable Sonic/Forbidden Seven-type circumstances. Now, if we were talking two or more, we can certainly entertain some doubt, but for at least one, that seems practically guaranteed to pass.
Want - 100% - I'd give this a 100% for Isaac alone, but even ignoring him, there are several assist trophies like Little Mac and Saki that would really add a lot by being playable. It'd be a shame to not see at least one be promoted from an honorary mention to smashing with their fellow Nintendo all-stars.

Leon Prediction - 6.75%
I have to imagine he'll do about as well as fellow pilot Slippy, though I think this is drastically overrating both of them.

Nominations
Tetra x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Amaterasu's chances: 0%
Want: 0% - I unfortunately haven't played Okami, and I'd rather not Capcom get another rep.

Promoted Assist Trophy: 99% - Little Mac, along with Mewtwo, is one of the two characters not in Brawl that I consider to be shoe-ins. Additionally, Isaac, Saki, Waluigi, Ray, Samurai Goroh, Tingle, Lyn, and Excitebiker are all possible (even if not all of them are that likely). I'll be extremely surprised if not a single Assist Trophy makes the jump to playable.
Want: 100% - Two of my top ten (Little Mac and Isaac) are here. Saki and Goroh are also decent choices. So yes, I want this.

Leon prediction: 3.19%

Mii x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Amaterasu:

Chance: .03%
Not legendary, Capcom already has a character, is more of a PS character while not having the advantage of the character's creator knowing Sakurai...not likely in the least.

Want: 40%
She's really cool and would be interesting, but I don't think she's terribly deserving of a spot in Smash Bros..

Promoted Assist Trophy:

Chance: 90%
Little Mac is the main reason for this score. I'm fairly sure that Mac's in (mainly due to the Boxing Ring and leak). Then the other ATs only help.

Largely indifferent, but I would be very happy to see any of people's favorite characters get in.

Prediction for Leon: 1.33%
Krystal or bust is going to be said a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if he got a lower score than Peppy since he's a part of Star Wolf rather than Star Fox.

Noms: Diskun x2, Non-Character Hanafuda Representation x3

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Amaterasu:
Chances:0%
Want:0%

-Promoted AT:
Chances:90%
Want:50%

-Leon prediction:1,2%

-Nomination:Dixie Kong X5
C'mon! This needs to be before the Direct (If the Direct is after Diddy's reveal) and a possible DK newcomer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom