• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
SLIPPY TOAD

Chance: 3% - He coud happen, but not a high request.

Want: 10% - He could analyse shields, do barrel rolls, dance for a taunt....maybe not.

MEWTWO

Chance: 97% - Most wanted character not yet confirmed and HIGHLY popular pokemon.

Want: 95% Put simply - YES!!!

Funky Kong Prediction: 1% - Not seen as likely.

Nominations:
The Great Leon x5

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Mewtwo chance: 98%: He is the most requested character in the world, and Sakurai even mentioned him at E3

Mewtwo want: 100%: My most wanted character by a landslide

Slippy chance: 4%
Slippy want: 5%: If his inclusion meant no Krystal, he'd need to be in the game, I'm sorry Krystal fans.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Slippy Chance & Want: 0% - I just don't see him being a character. Star Fox is probably going to have trouble keeping all three representatives already, and it certainly doesn't help that it's argued to be overrepped as is. Combine that with him being under the paw of Krystal, who's chances are even extremely doubtful, and maybe even Peppy too, and Slippy just isn't going to happen. It's possible that he could become an AT, but even that is doubtful since retro Andross already fills that role nicely. As for the want score, I just don't feel like he's worth it at all. I might come off as a hater, and I'm sorry if I do, I like frogs and by extend like Slippy too, he's probably my second favorite character on the Star Fox crew (behind Falco), if only for his whiny nonesense. However, I haven't ever wanted him to step outside the secret taunts, it just feels like it's where he belongs, especially if he hacks in on Snake again.

Mewtwo:

Chance: 95% - With all the demand, marketability, and him already having passed Sakurai's criterias once, I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that this guy is in.

Want: 80% - I actually really hate his moveset, even in Project M I think it's dreadful. However, he's the kind of character who just feels like he's supposed to be there. Plus, he'd make so many people happy, so there's that.

Funky Kong Prediction: 3.8% - He might get a slight boost from people due to his Mario Kart Wii appearance, but beyond that it's probably not going to help him a lot.

Nominations:
5x Takamaru

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Slippy
Likelihood: 2%
I still think Krystal is next in line assuming we get another Starfox rep.

Want: 5%
I just can't see this guy getting in without being a Fox clone. Not to mentions I'd rather have Krystal but, I still do like the character.

Mewtwo:
Likelihood: 50%
the inclusion of Lucario made me feel that his chance have been hindered. Although, I can see the Pokemon series getting five reps since the Mario series has five reps (assuming Jigglypuff and the Pokemon Trainer return)

Want: 100%
I think Mewtwo is essential in representing Pokemon in smash.

Funky Kong
Prediction: 0.9%

Nominations:
F-Zero Newcomer x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Slippy:
oh it's slippy's day, better bring out this classic of mine
Chance: 20% maybe even more likely than krystal, cause japan likes the toad.
Want: 75% just to spite krystal fans. plus he's awesome, and severely underrated.

Mewtwo: 85%:lucario: CHANGES NOTHING PPL STOP HATING ON OUR SWAG
Want: 90% I play him sometimes in Project M, so why not bring him into smash 4? I'd like that.

Funky Kong: 2.3%

Noms:
Stork x2
Grovyle x2
Old Man (Legend of Zelda)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Slippy Toad
Chances - 2%
I'm bored, don't want to explain .... ok fine, I will. Fox and Wolf already complete the series for me, and Falco has become an icon as well by this point. It's already a bit of a push for us to get a fourth, and if it is Krystal is much more popular. And has a stick, so yea.

Want - 10%
I give him 10% exclusively because I'd LOOVE the pain of people if Sakurai reveals Slippy with a Landmaster as his final smash. That'd be hilarious.

Mewtwo
Chances - 95%
I'm putting him up there with Palutena as pretty much in. The chances are just stacked in his favor, and Sakurai even commented about him. I think at this point they'd rather not have Jigglypuff than skip on Mewtwo again, given just how much demand there is for him.

Want - 100%
He's my main in Melee, and I had hours upon hours of happiness from getting to use him again in Project M. So please, I want him back, even if just to reminisce in between using Palutena and all the other new characters.

Predictions
Funky - 1.54%
I feel he would have been seen as more likely due to his Mario Kart appearance before Cranky came in and caned his chances away.

Nominations
Super Mario 3D World stage x5

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Slippy Toad
Chances - 15%
Defiantly a possibility but not gonna hold my breath.

Want - 45%
I'm not exactly sure what they would do to him that would stand out from the rest of the star fox cast. Maybe they can give him some assault weapons but other than that all his tech is taken by Fox and Falco.

Mewtwo
Chances - 95%
Pretty much in his favor at this point. A lot of things point to his inclusion so I would be surprised if he wasn't it.

Want - 75%
I liked Mewtwo in melee . . . that's all I got

Predictions
Funky - 3%

Nominations
Chibi Robo x5

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Out of all nominations, the thing that surprised me the most is that we haven't rated the Mii yet. We should start rating him soon.
GAH! I didn't even notice that! If I knew I would of changed my nomination TuT

Edit: NEVERMIND

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I might make the Miis my next revote task after Young Link has his day. Not sure yet though.

Groose

Smash Champion
Also, Groose, quick question. Can you stack extra nominations?
That about sums up my reaction.
@ Groose Groose , hopefully I've given you enough information to warrant it. I tried my hardest to make sure this has as little bias as possible. I don't give out near-absolutes, but I feel like this one is the most justified and will likely be the most justified it will ever get for any competitor
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. I can count the number of votes that I've ignored on one hand, and most of the came from EliteGaymer or King Owain. As long as you don't say something like "I want him, so he's got to be in" as your only reason for a ridiculous outlier, we're fine. Besides, your score of 99.99% is in no way an outlier today.

@ Groose Groose : Shouldn't OOD and Smasher get 10 extra nominations for guessing 0.03% on the dot?
Erm... yeah, it musta slipped my mind.

I'll just double their noms as I tally them.

Wait wait wait @ Groose Groose ...
Which 2 were the best posts in history?
Oops. I meant to say two of the best posts in this thread's history, and I was referring to mine and OcarinaofDoom's. Because I found OcarinaofDoom's hilarious, and I put a full hour into my rating, darn it!

I would like to point out that, by words, you have beaten groose.

His frankly epic Yarne Owaine post reached 1019 by my word counter, while this post reached 2155... which to my knowledge puts you SECOND to my 2792 words for Slime :p.

*stretches with a smug grin on his face*

EDIT: for the record, Yoshi and Toad you were 1317 on Toad's third rate, if only you had added 20 more words...

But we all know that a picture is worth a thousand words!

And when we use that logic... I have you all destroyed!
Nah, don't really care. I don't like arguments. Everyone can have their own opinions.
Amen. Though I do love a good, civil debate.
If I recall, Slippy was basically the guy in charge of Landmastering things in Starfox games.
Slippy was team mechanic. He designed features of the Arwings, Reflectors... and Landmasters. I don't recall him ever using one outside of versus mode, though.
Mistake on Groose's part I suppose.
But... I'm perfect. We can all agree that I do not make mistakes, right? Right? Right? Right? yeah, I'm fixing that soon

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I was referring to mine and OcarinaofDoom's. Because I found OcarinaofDoom's hilarious, and I put a full hour into my rating, darn it!

Well then my next big-post is going to dominate. 32 pics already. :troll:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Challenge Accepted. I can EASILY top Mewtwo if I feel like it, even without pictures. (I got you in words, images are next!) :demon:

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Let's see if I can finish my ratings today before Slippy starts interrupting me.

Slippy Toad: 2%
Star Fox doesn't have a whole lot left in terms of newcomers. Slippy/Peppy/Leon are pretty much never requested anywhere in large numbers. Heck, there are more people demanding cuts to the existing Star Fox characters than there are those proposing Slippy join the fight. He's completely destroyed by Krystal. Also, he doesn't exactly have a huge movepool, and I doubt Sakurai would give us another derivation of Fox... would he?

Slippy Toad Want: 25%
Slippy's pretty cool, and I wouldn't really dislike it too much if he got in. Even so, I'd rather have Peppy or Krystal, and I'd rather not have any new Star Fox characters at once.

FOOOOOOOOX! Darn it.

Mewtwo Chance: 80%
Of all of the characters not playable in Brawl, Mewtwo is by far the most likely. He's been planned for every Smash game so far, and there is absolutely enormous support. Sakurai is o nthe record saying they're considering him. He's also relevant and historic. Really, everything is in his favor and I'll give the highest chance I will ever give to any character for him: 4/5. Still, nothing's an absolute lock, so I'm not going quite as high as most people.

Mewtwo Want: 90%
On one hand, I have had him playable before; if I really want to play as him again, I can just go revisit Melee. That's something that I can't say for true newcomers, and that's why I'd like a revolving roster: about twenty-five staple veterans, ten newcomers, and five to ten "fringe veterans" who aren't always playable but rotate in and out over installments in the series.

There's a hitch to that reasoning, though: Mewtwo is one who'd I'd think qualifies for "staple veteran" rather than "fringe veteran." In my mind, he should be the second Pokemon on the roster, behind Pikachu. I mean, he's friggin Mewtwo! In that regard, I really, really think he deserves to return. Still, I wouldn't put him as high as my most wanted newcomers because I can still go back to Melee and play as him.

Funky Kong Prediction: 1.63%
K. Rool Kingdom, boys! Not to mention Dixie and Cranky!

x2 Harry (This is to assure that Harry gets on top of the nominations again)
Don't get too cocky, Star Fox.
Tiny Kong x5

DAY OVER

...AND WE SUCCEEDED

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Tiny Kong x5
A moveset that involves shrinking in size to suit her mood, being quick and nimble when she needs to be, and floating through the air and climbing up trees could be fun.
Although truthfully I don't know much about DK64 outside of the infamous rap.

Groose

Smash Champion
Slippy (Star Fox)
6.75% chance
25.35% want

Looks like Slippy could use some help getting in... and some help getting some support. I mean, he lost to Krystal and Mii, and also barely beat out Tingle in want! My verdict? SLIPPY'S HIT!

Mewtwo (Pokemon)
89.56% chance (Day 10: 90.22%)
82.57% want (Day 10: 88.34%)

C-could it be? Mewtwo dropped below the 90% mark; although he still has a higher chance than any veteran, including the fabled Little Mac, he's fallen off a lofty pedestal. And to make it worse, his want plumetted six percent... which now places him behind both Ridley and King K. Rool. Even so, it's clear that he's still one of the most expected and wanted characters.

Today... we're getting FUUUUUNKY! Funky Kong has entered into the arenas, dudes! Please rate Funky Kong in chance and want. In addition, we have our second stage rating: please rate the chance and want of having a Tetris Stage. Will it fare better than a Doctor Mario stage? Can the mighty Tetris Theme A overcome the ever-popular Chill and Fever?

Tomorrow, we're staying in the Donkey Kong franchise and rating... Tiny Kong! Please predict how tiny Tiny's score will be in tomorrow's match. @NickerBocker wins the extra noms this round.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
...Mewtwo's scores actually dropped? That's not what I expected at all.

Funky Kong's chances: 0.5% - Dixie and K. Rool are the clear frontrunners, and Cranky might have an outside shot. While I can't rule Funky out entirely, I'd be pretty shocked if he got in over the three I mentioned.
Want: 0% - I'm not really a fan of his, and I would be disappointed if he was in over Dixie and/or K. Rool.

Tetris stage's chances: 15% - Eh...I don't see it happening, but it's possible.
Want: 10% - Never really got into Tetris. :/

Tiny prediction: 0.75%

Young Link x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Funky Chances: 20%. Somewhat important DKC character, but K. Rool, Dixie, and Cranky exist.
Want: 45%. That being said, I like his personality and he has a flying surfboard.
Tetris Chances: 0%. Isn't it no longer owned by Nintendo? Unless it still is, too unlikely.
Want: 0%. IDCM about the "Puzzle" genre.
Tiny: 2%.
Chef Kawasaki X5

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Funky Likelihood: .75%
Want: 50%

Tetris Stage Likelihood: 40%
Want: 95%

Tiny: .85%

Rhythm Heaven stage x5

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Funky Kong

Pros
+Appearance in Mario Kart 6 does make him relevant.
Cons
-Every other DK potential ever.
-He never has had a serious active role.
What happens when they mesh?
-Every single other DK Rep with a large shot is very likely and Funky Kong is not.
-Spear Bike does not make for a good DK-related moveset.
-He is AT material

OVERALL RATING: 1.1%

Want: 20%- He'd be cool, I guess. Just no Spear Bike.

Tetronimolathing!

Chances: Let's take a look, shall we?
-Tetris has seen heavy coverage on Nintendo Systems, but not always on Nintendo. This is the real issue.
-Tetris has potential to be a good yet broken stage (Crushed?)
-It's a unique stage idea.

Overall, a Dr. Mario stage is far more likely than something that hasn't been a Nintendo-only series, despite recent exclusives.

OVERALL RATING: 11%

Want: Tetris is so good. I used to own the original Game Boy Tetris, dear goodness I spent countless hours playing it.
100%

Tiny Kong- Still not Dixie or King K Rool.

A one off DK rep who is pretty much a near-clone of a far better choice.
PREDICTION:
.75%

NOMINATIONS:

Young Link X5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Funky Kong Chaces: 2%
I just don't see him happening with King K. Rool, Dixie, and Cranky to deal with.

Want: 0%
No attachment to the character whatsoever, would rather have K. Rool.

Tetris Stage:

Chance: 20%
Stages are difficult to rate...that said, this one's one of the more plausible stages that would lack a rep.

Yes please. That would be one of the most fun stages in any game ever.

Tiny Kong: 1.12%
Lower than I bet Funky will do. That's for sure.

Noms: Diskun x3, Non-Character Hanafuda Representation x2.

Groose

Smash Champion

That awkward moment... when Groose is knocked out of the Top 100... and Slippy Toad is the one to do it.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Funky Kong

Chance - 0.5% - Between K. Rool, Dixe, and Cranky, he has so much completion, and due to not appearing in any of the recent Donkey Kong games he starting to get off memory. He's got virtually no shot at the game, though I'd say he's the most likely Donkey Kong Assist Trophy that will actually do something (instead of Cranky being... cranky).

Want - 45% - Mmm. I think his artillery would be better off as an assist trophy. Would prefer King K. Rool over him.

Tetris Stage

Chance - 0% - Tetris is a third party. The Tetris Company (yes, that's its name) own the copyright for Tetris in many countries, and I think Brawl only managed to get away with the music due to it being based off of Russian Folk Songs and thus technically in the public domain. Thus, I doubt it will happen at all.

Want - 49% - Might work, but I have a feeling it's going to be one of those "fighting the stage instead of each other" places.

Tiny Kong - 0.75% - Should do even worse than Funky, who I didn't expect to do spectacularly either.

Nominations
Epic Yarn Stage X4
Nutty Noon Stage X1

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

That awkward moment... when Groose is knocked out of the Top 100... and Slippy Toad is the one to do it.

Just comes to show, don't mess with the dance? :joyful:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Funky Kong - 1%
He's perpetually been a background character, with the odd appearance in a side game like Mario Kart Wii. Frankly, he just doesn't seem important enough to get the Smash treatment, and even if he was, he has Dixie, K. Rool, and even Cranky to beat out, among others. He's not quite impossible, but he's not far off.
Want - 0% - Would be an awfully disappointing choice for a new DK character.

Tetris Stage - 10%
It could happen?
Want - 50% - Meh?

Tiny Kong Prediction - 0.8%
Wait, another DK round after this for a similarly minor character? Oh my. At least this one is playable in DK64...

Nominations
Young Link x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Funky Kong Chaces: 2%
I just don't see him happening with King K. Rool, Dixie, and Cranky to deal with.

No attachment to the character whatsoever, would rather have K. Rool.

Tetris Stage:

Stages are difficult to rate...that said, this one's one of the more plausible stages that would lack a rep.

Yes please. That would be one of the most fun stages in any game ever.
I'm being lazy again.

5x Athena Cykes

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Funky Kong -
Chance: 5%
The only reason he stands any sort of chance is because strangely enough he got into Mario Kart Wii before Dixie, King K. Rool, Cranky, etc. That said, I'd vastly prefer any of those three playable instead of Funky. He'd be great AT material though.

Tetris Stage -
Want: 50%
Nintendo has had many exclusive versions of Tetris with crossover elements in the past, Brawl had stage music from Tetris, and the series has a deep relationship with Nintendo. It's not unlikely that Nintendo would get the license for a stage based off of it. Personally, I'd prefer a Panel de Pon or Dr Mario stage first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom